main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx
    The Fortress, Carratos

Playing Hookie
    Right now I should be on Chandrila getting ready for the game but, I’m playing hookie today. I know I’ll catch flak for this, but there are some things in life more important than a game, like walking up the steps of the Fortress. It had always fascinated me, it’s very ornate roof that curves towards the lower edge giving it the look of horns, the odd golden fish like things that shine in the light at either end of the roof ridge, the square stone base from which the white walls rose. I had always dreamed of touring the place, hopefully before my legs went, but life kept getting in the way. With this being the last year I could use my legs I decided to do it this year, during the Limmie season. Why? Because, reasons. No, I just needed an excuse to get away from things for a little bit, especially ‘Iron’ Arezzo. With another win under her she’s been working us to the bone again, ringing every last ounce of effort out of us. We end practice dead tired. I don’t know about the rest of the team but, I just go home and collapse, and then wake up the next morning sore.

Also there’s a looming anniversary coming up, it’s been nine years since, I shake my head, I don’t want to think about that now, this is supposed to be a fun day for me, something to get my mind off of things. I gaze up at the towering edifice again, it’s bigger than I imagined, and the garden that surrounds it is quite amazing in its own right. The trees with their white and pink blossoms filling the air with their scent and the other flowers that populate the rest add their own complementary colors to the jewel green grass. This is something I’ve only even seen on holos from Naboo, to think something like this could exist on my homeworld, on Carratos, the cesspool of the Namadii.

I’ve read up on some of the history, it was built long ago, when Carratos was split up into separate countries. The large archipelago that contains the Fortress was engulfed in a civil war for many years until it was finally unified by three great warriors. The second of these ‘Unifiers’ constructed the Fortress as a symbol of his power and leadership in his capital, to me though the history is secondary to the building itself. It’s something of an oddity on this planet, something of the very old world, which has been preserved. Most things in O’Pahz have a ten or twenty year shelf life before they are and demolished for the next big thing. Even Goss-Pell will probably suffer the same fate, I’m glad I won’t be able to see it. I continue taking the sights watching as other tourist walk past. I adjust my hat and push up my sun glasses, I’ve found it very hard to do anything fun when you are constantly mobbed by your fans.

“As I live and breathe,” A voice calls out from behind, “Logan Manx.” I think I recognize the voice but I can’t quite place it. I try not to react, “Oh, so you’re going to playing like that,” the voice is coming closer it’s a woman I can tell that much and I’m not sure it’s human.

“You must have me confused with someone else,” I start walking away trying to keep my face hidden. A body blocks my path,

“Really cause you’re a dead ringer for him,” the voice is coming from the body now in my way. I look up and now I know who it is,

“Rin Bahar?” I say a little surprised to see a reporter for the Carratos Journal here, “Shouldn’t you be writing up a report on our win against Denon?”

“Should you be practicing for the game against Chandrila, besides I wrote the piece on your win ages ago. Good job by the way.”

“Oh, ah,” I stammer a bit, the covers blown and now I don’t know what to do, “Thanks?”

“By the way, what’s up with Leigh?” My face goes white, her confession to me after the Demons game, was still in my head, well that and the fact that another person knows my secret.

“Ah, nothing she’s fine,”

“Fine she’s been pulled from almost every game this season so far, after playing almost three seasons without being subbed out once. Something’s happening.” I raise my hands remembering the unspoken promise we made that day, she’ll keep my secret I’ll keep hers.

“Look Ms. Bahar,” my words come out firmer than I was expecting, “sometimes players go through slumps happens to the best of us, Leigh’s just going though one right now, she’ll pull out of it, and what I just told you is off the record alright.”

“Well you didn’t tell me much, and sorry I can’t turn my reporter self off even when I’m on vacation.”

“Wait you’re on vacation?” She nods her head,

“Yeah just visiting some family,” the Weequay jerks her thumb towards the ancient building, “visiting the Fortress?”

“Um, yeah,” I reply looking away,

“It’s very pretty, I’ll give it that, but ever since I found out about the people that keep it in such good condition, it’s changed my perspective a bit.”

“Wait, isn’t the upkeep funded through donations and public money.”

“What you thought this was untouched by the dirt that stains this planet, boy do I have a bomb for you.” She smirked a little then her face hardened, “The people who make those donations are the same people and run spice, blasters, and people through this city. They make them with one hand to feel like they’re doing something good for the place, but with their other hand they make it worse. It makes me a little sick.” The reporter hangs her head, “Then you get into the history of the place,”

“It was built by some Unifier right, Toyota…” I trail off trying to remember the rest of the name,

“It’s Toyama, Toyama Hedosh, and yeah he did help unify this place a long time ago, but, he did it by being a tyrant, and killing any opposition. Even torturing a few people in the dungeons of the Fortress.” My eyes go wide, and I take an unconscious step back. I came here to avoid heavy topics and now I’m getting thumped in the chest with one. “Oh, sorry, I grew up really close to this thing, constantly looking up at it. I decided to do a lot of research and came across stuff I didn’t want to know, and somethings others didn’t want me to know.” She pauses and looks back to the stout structure. “So you here for a tour, or you just going to stare at the outside of it,”

“I thought you hated this place?”

“I don’t hate it, it’s part of this area’s history and closing my eyes doesn’t make it go away. Plus if you take a tour with me, I can tell you all the things they leave off, and things they lie about.”

“Well when you put it like that,” I present my arm for her to take. I mean nothing by it, just joking around. Her eyes narrow, she is obviously not amused. “What, not swooning over my good looks?” Her head tilts to the left.

“Your face may work on other humanoids but, not me, now Rhodri on the other hand.”

“Really that ugly mug?” Her balled up fist strikes me on the shoulder harder than I would have thought.

“You just have no appreciation for art.”

“Really art?” my brow shoots up. I open my mouth to speak but, Rin’s fist pulls back again. “Ok, ok, he’s your type, I get it sorry.” There’s a long moment of silence.

“So are you going on this tour or what?” Her voice sounds a little annoyed.

“Um, Yeah if you’re still offering,” the reporter begins to walk away, and I keep pace.

“Stick close, there are a lot of people around, especially school groups.”

“Really, they bring children here?”

“It’s a very popular field trip location for the local public schools, I went when I was in school, and I’m sure Nara did as well.”

“Wait you know Nara?”

“Yeah, she grew up in this area too, just down the street from me. Our families have been friends for a long time.” I follow her up the steps, head sill looking up, taken in by the old architectural style. We pass by a few exhibits she gives me bits of information on each, holding nothing back. At a station about weapons there were old looking blasters the look like they got one shot before they needed to be reloaded and curved swords with long handles. Rin says that the elites that carried these blades had the right to test the blades on any peasant that crossed their path. Yeah, I’m pretty sure they’d leave that off a tour for kids.

Then we enter the throne room, it’s rather simple and I notice that the only chair rests on a raised platform. Cushions arranged in orderly rows populate the areas blocked off by do not cross lines.

“So, this is the throne room, I was expecting something more along the lines of Emperor Palpatine’s throne room on Courscant.”

“Well traditions are different here, simplicity was always preferred, but notice the raised platform and the fact that the only chair is there. That’s because Toyama was actually rather short and not very fear inspiring out of his armor. Which if you’ll follow me,” We wonder out of the throne room to another exhibit, this one containing a replica and artist depictions of his armor. It is black with large shoulder guards and dark antlers grafted onto the helmet. The thing oozed intimidation, I can see why he was rarely seen without it, but, it was a crutch, a curtain which he hid behind. It made me think about my condition, how I’m hiding it behind my bravado and false smiles. Who would have thought a vacation, meant to get away from things, would bring me face to face with my own actions. I begin to feel a little weak. She finishes up the tour ending at the entrance to the dungeons. Oddly enough they’re not open to the public. Rin drops a hit that the shadowy figures that fund this place hold secret meetings down there, in plain sight but, still hidden away. At least that was the rumor.

I make it back to Chandrila before the game starts and Leigh pulls me off to the side, she’d been doing better at practices since opening up and I hope this means she’ll play better in the upcoming game.

“Hey,” I say “What were you looking at during the Denon game?” I remember her staring intently on a spot in the stands.

“Oh…” her voice wavered a bit,

“Oh, if it’s something,” I start stammering a bit and she holds up her hand,

“Coach Copin and his family were sitting there.” She looks away, “I used some binoculars and spotted them,” tears begin to form in her eyes again, “Iris was still wearing my jersey.” I find I don’t know how to respond, I just smile weakly and pat her on the shoulder. She smiles back, “I know you don’t understand, but, thanks for listening.”

We take to the field and promptly get run over. The Patriots were out for blood and showed no mercy. I think a lot of us were caught off guard, maybe I shouldn’t have missed practice that day, or maybe ‘Iron’ Arezzo has been running us too hard. Either way it was a slaughter and I found myself getting frustrated unable to find any space to get a pass. The only offense we were able to muster came from Leigh making two bar points for us, so I guess that’s a silver lining. I really don’t look forward to next week’s practices, there probably going to be twice as hard and there’s a dark anniversary that week. On the shuttle back I fall asleep getting in what rest I can.

TAG: No One

2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    • Miners GM Cundertol on whether the team will make an offer to impending free agent Adama: "We'll evaluate that at the end of the season. I don't like midseason deals. There's too much hype and too much irrational pressure."
    • On this being a "big signing" as Adama is a touted free agent: "We've pursued big name free agents. We look at the best players in the galaxy."
    • On whether Miners are looking at Adama: "Absolutely."
    • "One thing we're considering here is that we have a talented full forward, a Helmsman winner and a Galactic Cup winner under whom our front three has performed at a high level despite rotating in drafted players on a fairly regular basis. Gary Zonka doesn't like to talk to the media, otherwise he'd be a household name. He's a free agent in 283. That's absolutely on my mind."
    • On the Miners thus far this season: "It's far from over. What we've done thus far is lose to two teams currently leading their conferences and with a combined record of 9-1. That's nothing to be ashamed of. But I'm fully aware if we had switched conferences like our erstwhile Solo Conference friends we're seeing this week, we'd be out of the playoff picture. That's not a criticism of where we are, just a fact."
    TAG: Jedi Gunny

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    From the Data Pad of Tomas Vigo

Sunday

I think it’s safe to say that Coach Till’s new defensive line up was a success this afternoon! A big congratulations to Coach Jul as well for her third consecutive game with over 30 offensive points scored! I’d renew your contracts right now if I could. I’d also totally end the regular season today so we could go into the play-offs hot. Not to worry though, with the great coaches and players we have I’m sure we can hold on for another month and a half.

I’ll worry about the rest of the season later and focus on today’s game now. First of all there’s a comment on my pre-game post from none other than Tendra Nalo of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers. As if it wasn’t a good enough day beating an undefeated team by 20 points, I get in mom’s speeder for the ride home open my data pad and it’s lit up with messages from my friends to make sure I see it. First of all Tendra I can’t believe you even read my entry. Especially just before a game. I saw you get taken off the field in warm-ups and I was worried you might not play. Sure it would have been easier for us to win today if you hadn’t been out there, but that’s not how we want to win. We want to know we took you and your team on healthy and we won fairly. If that ankle bothered you out there today, I’m sorry and I hope it feels better soon.

As for your vow to score a goal or two on Fostiir, you were right about that. You were able to score two goals today. That goal you scored midway through the first half when the Buccs came within 3 points of tying up the game; that was a sweet goal. You totally faked out Fostiir with that move to your left. I know he’s going to be regretting that mistake at practice tomorrow. Coach Till will probably make him watch that play several times. After he’s seen it enough that he wants to puke, Coach will take him out on the field and work with him until Coach knows he won’t make that mistake again.

Luckily that knock you made about Ty getting benched today didn’t come close to happening. Ty moving up to half back is why you and your fellow forwards didn’t see much action. Ty covered your half forwards and midfielders when they were daring enough to enter his zone so well that you didn’t get enough touches to score as much as usual. I can’t believe we’ve been holding Ty on the back line for so long. He says it was his father’s wish for him to be a fullback. He’s spent a year grieving over his father and I know from experience that you never really make peace with losing a family member. You can move on, live your life to the fullest and trust they would be proud of the choices you make. I know Ty’s father would have been proud of him out there today. My dad would have been proud of Ty today.

Another thing I can tell you is that after today’s performance Ty will be playing the half back position again next week for certain. His ability to stop the ball before it got so close to our goal really took or defense to the next level. And let’s face it our defense needed some improvement. Everyone looked stronger out there today. Jeffers definitely proved that he should have been starting since week one. He and Noah played fantastic out there. Fostiir seemed a bit overwhelmed at times especially in the first half.

He came to life in the second half when we needed him. Leo used his famous wait to pounce “Loin” move taking Tendra down hard time and again. I was afraid to watch when it came time for her to get back up after some of those hits. Tendra if you are still reading this you are one tough chick! Not to take away from Kaat’s game. She made some great stops in goal today as well. She always plays her best against Hapes. I know she feels a bit slighted to have been passed up by her home world, but I’m more than happy she came to play for us on Ralltiir. By the number of fans that wear her jersey in the stands on game day I know I’m not alone.

The other big story of the day was our offense. Led by none other than rookie full forward Kenny Wrehase. He wasn’t calling desserts today, he was calling main courses. I wonder what he’ll call next week. All I know is that some of the play calls I heard today included nerf steak with Corellian greens on the side, vegetarian meat substitute with hot sauce and deep fried fish. Kenny may have been calling the plays, but it was my brother who scored the most points. Bat had 15 points today, 4 goals and 3 bar points.

Bat’s very modest about his scoring abilities. He gives all the credit to Hovechar and not just in his press conference after the game. He put her arm around her in the locker room and said he couldn’t have done it without her. He believes she distracts the opposing midfielders by running so fast out there that no one keeps up with her. Meanwhile Bat gets away with the ball and has time to take those long shots he’s so good at. When my brother isn’t scoring Dunerider, Sureysh and Wrehase are there to score for us. Wrehase uses his size to plow through the defense. Sureysh surprises her opponents with her abilities to dribble around through and even over tackles. Yolanda has grit like no one else. A defender can tackle Yolanda to the ground, they think she’s done for a while; seconds later she’s up again, she has the ball and before they know what hit them it’s in the back of their net.

So to re-cap especially for Tendra in case she’s still reading I don’t regret a bit about updating Starkiller faithful with what’s going on with our team. If there’s any information Coaches Till and Jul don’t want spilled you better believe they make sure I know before I leave the stadium. I certainly didn’t announce Bat’s intentions to run up the score again today if he could after laying low last week. Don’t party too hard tonight Starkiller fans and don’t stray far I’ll be back soon with more on your Ralltiir Starkillers as we prepare to face the Kashyyyk Rangers in just one short week.

Wednesday

I’ve been so busy preparing for my Limmie game against our rival team the Lost Range Lasers that I nearly forgot I had a birthday today. Most mornings when I get up I head straight to the gym before breakfast. Usually by the time I get to the kitchen to grab breakfast Coach has already left for the stadium Heck for all I know he leaves before I get up. Mom says sometimes he doesn’t come home at all. Today when I approached the kitchen after my work out I could smell sausage cooking so I knew Coach wasn’t only home, he was cooking breakfast. He was also making eggs and breakfast cakes.

When I walked into the kitchen he said Happy Birthday and he handed me a large wrapped box. Inside was a sideline uniform, but not just any sideline uniform. This one was for away games. Coach asked if I was interested in attending the final three Starkiller games since my high school Limmie season would end before then. Back when my dad owned the team I sometimes went with him and sat in the stands to watch, but I’ve never worked an away game. I looked over at my mom who was feeding Louise at the kitchen table. She nodded her approval so I told Coach I wanted to go. Them my mom got up and handed me a smaller box. Inside that box was chrono for my wrist and not just any chrono, one that used to belong to my father. Immediately I strapped it on and I’m still wearing it tonight. I don’t ever want to take it off. I know this sounds crazy, but wearing it makes me feel like my dad is here with me.

Coach took me to school. My day started with a test in history, but I was prepared and having Coach’s breakfast to start the day gave me an advantage. The girl I am taking to the dance on Friday brought me a cupcake at lunch. Some of the guys gave me flack for that, but they’re just jealous. After school I had Limmie practice. Like I said we’ve been working real hard this week since our game is against our rival school. I’m working even harder because the JV coach will be there to watch this week and I want to impress her. I’m the captain so we practice until I’m ready to call it. My mom arrived a bit early today. She and Louise were watching from the bleachers. I could tell she wanted to go and I knew we didn’t want to overdo it too much the day before a game. So I called practice only 20 minutes after our designated quitting time.

Mom took Louise and I to the stadium after practice. I figured we were going to have dinner with Coach. When we got there we headed for the field. The team had set up tables right on the turf. Coach and Ty were grilling burgers. Many of the players had their children and spouses there. My nieces and nephews were there, my sister was there and most of my fellow sideline employees had made it out as well. It was a really great party. My mom had made a chocolate cake earlier in the day. While we ate Frokabukk translated to Wrehase each food item in Shyriiwook. Wrehase butchered them all, I could tell by the way Frokabukk laughed at his attempts to roar the language. Coach Jul was laughing too, she says we will not be calling plays in Shyriiwook this weekend.

After we ate we chose teams and played a game of touch Limmie. I’m pretty sure that the other team let my team win since it was my birthday, but I don’t care much. The only thing missing today was my brother Spencer. He called while I was eating dinner. It was good to talk, but it wasn’t the same as seeing him in person. I miss you Spencer. Hope you are well on Tatooine and that your birthday is as good as mine when you celebrate in a couple of days.

Thursday

Quick entry to let everyone know my Limmie game was completely awesome this evening. We won easily with an end score of 24-10. The JV Coach officially asked me to join them for practice next week. I’m young for a freshmen so this is a really big deal. I know it’s in my blood, that my father was a Limmie player before a career ending injury and we can all see how well my big brother is doing on the professional level. I’m not taking this lightly, I earned this. I’ll be practicing real hard so I can get playing time at the next level.

Saturday

We got up super early this morning to see the Starkillers get on the shuttle to Kashyyyk for their game tomorrow. It sucked for me because I was at the school dance last night. The dance wasn’t so bad. I hung out with my date some and my teammates from the freshmen team. It will be really weird to practice with a new team next week. Everyone on the freshmen team is really supportive and hopes I do well for my last couple of games. I just hope I get to play.

Anyway my mom, Louise and I dropped Coach off at the Spaceport. I was barely awake, but the Starkillers looked eager to board the shuttle and head to Kashyyyk. This is an important game since it’s in conference and a win we need to stay in first place. Even Ty was in good spirits as he handed off Rah Rah and T.J. to my mom. He said good-bye, then he grabbed Lucie’s hand and raced up the shuttle entrance with her. It was like they were little kids. T.J. was so busy laughing at his parents antics that he forgot to be upset his parents were leaving. Rah Rah is still too young to understand.

We followed Georgia back to her house after the shuttle left and had breakfast at her house. I was awake enough to go for a run in Georgia and Bat’s neighborhood while mom and Georgia got the food ready. We hung out at Bat’s house until it was time for the little one’s to take a nap. When we got back to our house mom took Louise and Rah Rah upstairs and the three of them promptly fell asleep. That left me alone with T.J. I decided to be a cool uncle and help T.J. bake a cake. It’s Spencer’s birthday today and even if he wasn’t here to eat it I thought it would be a nice tribute.

There is orange and blue everything in our house including food dye. I wanted to make an orange and blue cake, you know because of the Starkillers, duh. Well that blue food dye made a crazy mess all over the kitchen. It got on T.J.’s hands and he touched everything. We are so lucky we had that droid Spencer made for mom last year to clean up after us or mom would have blown a gasket when she woke up and saw the mess. The cake turned out to be really delicious. We called Spencer after dinner and showed it to him, then we promptly ate it in front of him. He was laughing and he had a cake of his own that his new girlfriend got at a bakery in Tatooine.

Sunday

Game Day! Coach called this morning to say that everyone on the team is healthy and eager to play today. Everyone is rejuvenated on the defense after last week’s changes worked so well for us. I think it rekindled an old fire in Ty. Maybe he needed a new challenge after all those years he’s spent on the back line. Since my brother is shining so much at midfield I’m thinking about playing forward. I don’t know, it’s gonna be really hard to follow in his footsteps no matter where I play. I guess I’ll see where the JV coach needs me.

Almost time for kick-off Starkiller fans. If you’re like me your you’re excited, your nervous and there’s an anxious feeling in your stomach. It’s almost like I’m out there on the field today. One day I will be, I can’t wait for that day.

Today, until then and forever GO STARKILLERS!

TAG: jcgoble3

Jedi Gunny, Vehn, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Kelly Telaam
    Denon

Kelly had returned to the Smugglers following the game on Ylesia. It was strange refereeing another team as she'd gotten used to the personalities of the franchise from the Smuggler's Moon. There was the brash Shady Lerouex, the exuberant personality of Zelena Wiles, the youthful innocence of Charlie Blackwood, the hot headed cockiness of Peter Mitchell cooled only by the deadly strike ability of Tom "Iceman" Kaz'ansky. It was an odd bunch and a bunch that had lost two in a row and would be coming out against Denon in full force today.

Kelly had appreciated the Commissioner's quick response to her security situation on Bakura. Of course it was Smuggler fans that had caused the trouble and when the police had shown up they quickly dispersed. The threats had backed off though as Nar Shaddaa Smugglers fans were beginning to sense that Kelly Telaam was not one to be trifled with.

She stepped out onto the pitch on Denon. The Demons hadn't been having a good year but that didn't mean the play today was going to be any less chippy. She adjusted her headset and checked her communications. Vlad and Isabele, the flankers were ready, and as she looked toward the boxes she saw that John was ready as well.

The Smugglers were taking the field. A few of the players nodded in her direction. So they had noticed her absence. That wasn't a bad thing.

As she blew the whistle to start the game her head started to hurt. She rubbed her temples for a brief moment as a flash of pain flew through her skull.

The pain was so intense she nearly missed the opening play of the game.

Tag: No One

5. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bill Hitts

Bill didn’t hold back in the locker room after the game against the Force. He let his players have it. “Not a single point scored.” He boomed. “You all played today as if this game didn’t matter. There was no hustle, no enthusiasm, no drive. I won’t tolerate this lack of effort on our playing field next week. You don’t score on the opening drive and you all get benched. Every last one of you. Now get your sorry asses out of those uniforms. You certainly don’t deserve to be wearing them after that pathetic performance. Get on the shuttle, open your playbooks and try reading them!”

Once he was done speaking Bill made his own way to the shuttle and waited for the players to shower, gather their belongings and join him. While he waited he began to watch tape of the game, but he found he was unable to stomach the loss a second time. One by one the players entered the shuttle and took their seats in silence. Spencer was the last to board. The young man took a seat next to Bill. “Can I make some suggestions on the offense?” He asked.

Bill felt defeated. He certainly didn’t want Spencer’s advice. He wanted to succeed on his own. The problem was he had just proven that his own tactics weren’t working. He had failed miserably today. “Sure,” Bill said trying not to sound broken.

“You should move Jaya up to the corner,” Spencer suggested. “McTodd can play half forward. Jaya is too constricted at half. She will have more opportunities to score on the front line. I can write some plays for you if you want. Even work on drills with the offense once I get out of class, as soon as tomorrow afternoon.”

Bill wanted to ask why anyone had even bothered to hire him as coach. If some kid who would be 18 next week could coach the team. The paycheck was good though and the women on Tatooine were friendly. So Bill kept his mouth shut and allowed Spencer to assist with coaching the offense while he also kept up with the defense and his studies in school.

It was obvious the offensive players were a bit hesitant to listen to such a young pup at first. Spencer never gave up easily. If he asked for a play to be run and the players walked to their positions he’d make them run it twice for the lack of hustle. After a few repeats in the heat, players started listening. By Friday the team was behind him. They surprised him after practice with a birthday dinner. Spencer was old enough to drink on Tatooine now. He wouldn’t partake in spirits though. Too afraid of addiction he drank a fizz instead.

On Sunday Byblos arrived bright and early. Spencer addressed the team in the locker room. “Now remember,” he said. “Your effort or lack of effort on field to day is a direct reflection on me, Coach Hitts and the entire planet of Tatooine. Score early and score often. Byblos is the top scoring team in the league and we cannot afford to get behind today.”

Bill followed his team out on the field. He waited anxiously to find out how Spencer’s new offense would work. In the back of his mind he wondered if this was his last game. If the Sandskimmers won under Spencer’s offense and defense would he be sent packing? What happened to the sensitive, insecure kid he had worked with last season? As if to answer his question a female voice rang out from behind him in the front row of the stands, “Go get ‘em Spencer.”

Tag: none

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir. Let's have some fun!

282 Week 6 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners (3-0)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Mando'ade Mercs (14-11)
    Denon Demons at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (17-29)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Kashyyyk Rangers (37-15)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Chandrila Patriots (7-22)
    Ylesia Lightning at Carratos Pirates (9-34)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny and Vehn like this.
  7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Vehn likes this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm but there's a chance for a thunderstorm late it's Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Tough loss, tough loss this weekend."

"Oh, that was rough."

"I told you that if the Mercs couldn't start imposing their will they were going to lose this one."

"Well, c'mon the Mercs are a defensive minded team..."

"That happens to have a great offense as well."

"...that just got outplayed."

"No Randy they tried to play Bucs limme yesterday and it burned them. Burned them bad."

"Bucs limmie?"

"Best defensive team in the league now..."

"And the Mercs went down trying to play that game."

"Hey, now, you're not being fair. The injuries here were killer."

"The injuries hurt, no pun intended, but they weren't the sole cause of that loss..."

"The hell they weren't!"

"Randy..."

"Look, the game was competitive throughout, and the Mercs had a chance of winning until Daylight took Irvin out!"

"Randy, it was a close game, you can't say we would have won..."

"I can, I can and I do!"

"OK, the way Irvin got taken out..."

"It was criminal, criminal I tell you!"

"...was ugly. We have an update on how long he will be out?"

"Not yet, should be by the end of the show."

"But it didn't determine the outcome of that game."

"Oh it did, it definitely did. And that hit should have gotten Daylight kicked out of the game..."

"The refs said it was a legal hit."

"She went right for his knees, his knees! and took him out."

"He had just caught a low pass from Smalls..."

"You're killing me Smalls!"

"..and she was going for the ball, not Irvin's knees."

"That's a load of osik and you know it, I know it, the refs knew it and they didn't do anything about it!"

"Randy..."

"Randy nothing, you're always on the side of the defender and you..."

"Wow, fired up about this aren't you?"

"You're damn right I am. Coach Kor'le saw it too, it's not just me."

"She is going to get fined for what she said."

"She doesn't care, she saw what I saw, and calling the refs "Rejects from the Rahm Kota School for the Blind was great!"

"She sounded like the Mand'alor there."

"Yeah she did, that was great."

"But she's wrong. Look, I understand that she is standing up for her player but those are the kind of calls this team, and coach Kor'le really doesn't want called, because we play hard defense like that too."

"No, you're wrong, and I hope the league looks at these kind of blatantly missed calls and has some sort of consequences for the refs that miss them."

"They do.."

"Because the league can ill afford to have their star players get taken out and mugged like the Mercs were yesterday and..."

"The Mercs defense was just as tough there Randy, the refs didn't call that against them either."

"Ugh, this sucks. And with how tight the Skywalker is, we can't afford to lose Irvin for that long."

"Yeah, it sucks losing him, and I think it will be for a significant amount of time, but it's limmie. Hard hits are a part of the game."

"What like that hit Doss put on Jaing?"

"She came up and hit him good. But Michelle Doss (Go Bucks) is known for that kind of defense..."

"Surprised Vizsla never tried to acquire her, she would fit right in here."

"...but at least Jaing stayed in the game."

"He was hurt though, you could see him reach for his back grimacing."

"He still had six points and two assists for the game."

"Yeah and how many came after that hit?"

"That hit was perfectly legal, even you can't say it wasn't."

"How many?"

"Was it a legal hit?"

"How many?"

"Was it a leg..."

"OK, OK. Yes, that one was legal. Unlike that hit on Irvin..."

"She was going for the ball."

"How many?"

"Fine..."

"Jaing just had the one assist after hurting his back."

"And Lovenivek not being out there after halftime hurt us too."

"He hurt himself on that one, can't blame the Bucs for diving after a ball at the half and he caught a cleat to the face in the scrum."

"That looked.. painful."

"And bloody."

"I wouldn't doubt he had a concussion there too."

"Great, so more games missed."

"Maybe not, Zabrak's have hard heads. I..."

"Watch it."

"Hey I..."

"I know what you were going to say about me and my hard head."

"I w.."

"uh huh."

"Look, there is a silver lining here."

"Oh yeah?"

"Of course, it's just passed the halfway mark of the season and the Mercs just took their first loss."

"Who cares? The Skywalker has a logjam at the top! A bunch of teams are having historic starts and one of them is going to be left home."

"OK. OK. How about this? the Mercs only loss was by three points to a team that is 3-0 in conference..."

"Not helping."

"...and has only one loss on the season. The Bucs are a great team, and the Mercs hung with them, even with all their injuries."

"Well they better get back to winning soon, because the rest of the conference isn't going to wait for them to heal up. And they have a tough physical game next week at Kashyyyk, and win or lose, the Rangers can beat up anybody."

"That's going to be a tough match too."

"Hey I thought you were trying to cheer us up!"

"Just trying to be realistic, and I think the Mercs still have a great shot at the playoffs..."

"OK, OK. I know. It's just one loss."

"Look, we have a great offense, and that makes for an exciting game, and a fun regular season, but defense wins championships. Now, with a 5-1 record, and standing at 3-0 in the conference the Bucs look like the team to beat in the Skywalker. They have a great chance at not only making the playoffs now, but of winning that title."

"Well....OK. yeah. that would be a hell of a story. Their first season after breaking the gender barrier? Yeah. Still... a lot of season left..."

"Yes, absolutely."

"...and we have a lot to talk about. Mercs promising season, has it been derailed by injuries? Am I over reacting?"

"Yes."

"We'll know more...hey! We'll know more when we talk to Dr. Kir'son right after the break."

TAG: jcgoble3, Trieste (for league reaction to Kor'le's remarks).

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that Kyr Irvin (MF) is out for four weeks due to knee injury sustained in week six game against Hapes
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that Lovnivek (HF) is questionable for week seven game at Kashyyyk (concussion)
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that La'Bron Jaing is probable for week seven game at Kashyyyk (back)
    • Elite League fines Ryi Kor'le for postgame comments
    • Gondorf confirms that League reviewed Irvin-Daylight hit and no discipline will be handed down
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Miners postgame comments
      • Valerii:
        • “We had an incredibly good defensive effort today. We’ve been just bombed out twice in run-and-gun games and they stood tall. But, I mean, we’re just not going to win when we put zero points on the board. We all know that.”
        • On five game road trip: “I would have liked to have had more games in hand coming off five home games in our first six games, no question. We’re very lucky we sit where we do with the record we have. We control our destiny. We’re lucky we have that advantage moving forward.”
        • “We’ve just come through four straight rivalry games. This was always going to be a tough stretch for us. The fact we only took one of those four games is a tough pill to swallow and something we need to improve on. You have to win the big games.”
        • On strength of schedule of remaining games: “We’re not thinking beyond Hapes right now. That’s the only way you play.”
      • Deenever: “All three of our losses have come by three points. We know as a team that we had an opportunity to win every one of those games. Every. Single. One. Championship teams win close games. We have to be better.”
      • Zonka: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined.”
      • Alesh on return to Hapes: “I’ll be ready. This time this game is going to mean a lot.”
      • Comstock on loss after shutdown: “It’s frustrating, absolutely. It shows we’ve got the chops to stand strong against any offense though.”
      • Trieste: “We remember last season’s game against the Bucs. We’re not expecting a pretty game this time around. This is a drastically different team.”
      • Red: “Today showed that our midfield can play any game. We can fly high and score. We can grind. We adapt to what the other team throws at us.”
      • Cundertol indignant when asked if Senators’ success was due to Thorne’s time with organization: “Everyone knows how this team is built. Questions like that are not only stupid, but they demean the Senators’ wins.”
    TAG: jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar Thorne
    Bakura Gardens, Bakura

The saying went that ‘Defense Wins Championships’. What Briar was seeing unfold on the field in front of her was a testament to that old adage. Both the Senators and the Miners were digging in on defense and not letting anything through. Montes and Comstock were locked in an epic duel, the kind that some fans found boring but others, the real purists, found to be rather fun. The offenses ground to a halt immediately, and hadn’t recovered.

And this was the kind of game where anything could happen, and one score could make all the difference. It took a long scoreless drought on both sides until Leia Adama, the Bakuran-born player back on her home planet in her contract year, finally chipped in a bar point to give the Senators a 1-0 lead. Other than that, there was nothing to be had for the Senator offense, which after beating up on the Smugglers, seemed to have lost a step. Natasha Ehlers, whom had come out of nowhere to lead the team in scoring, had met her match with the half backs of the Miners, and Zuzu Nuun could find no room, the Ingbrand winner stymied against the ever-evolving defense of the Miners. Valerii and Hulu were calling a masterful game, Briar noted. She had seen plenty of similar outings from that pair during her time with the Miners.

But on the other sideline, the combination of Carelle and Korthe were doing a similar job. Briar wondered if Korthe had ever gotten over her demotion from the Senators after the disastrous 277 season, and she seemed to love sticking it to Valerii whenever possible after the Miners had dominated the series against the Zeltron’s teams. The Senator defense was swarming to the ball any chance they could, Klay Mettews once again leading the charge for the half backs and Christine Gamble helming the corner and the back line. Mettews was showing his All-Star form from his rookie season, never giving up on a play and making Miner forwards pay for coming into his space. Eddie Munster, the second-year Shistavanen, was making his presence felt as well subbing in for the injured Patricia Meter. If Mettews looked like a wild rancor on the field, Gamble was like the nexu, ripping and clawing for the ball whenever she got the chance. She forced several fumbles and made some plays that lesser players would not have made, including tipping a pass with an outstretched arm, her head only half-turned around to see the ball coming in.

Beyond the fight put up by both sides, it was fun to watch this Senators squad. They played hard, they had each other’s back, and the reserves came in with a sense of purpose. Coach Carelle had instilled a sense of identity on the team, teaching them to scrap as hard as they could in games and work their asses off. As he put it, they didn’t need to be the best team in the league, just the most-cohesive one. And it was paying off here; if one player struggled, another would come in and relieve the pressure. They weren’t going to let teammates fail. Such an example was at midfield, where if Grace Organa was struggling with Nathan Red, Duncan Gabbert or George Wulson would come in and push momentum back in the Senators’ favor. Maddy Swann had done an expert job against Jolla Pic, matching the taller midfielder step-for-step.

Finally the slugfest came to a head in the final few minutes, when the Senators were able to stave off the Miners’ last-ditch attempts to tie the game in order to preserve the 3-0 win. Neither team had scored a goal in the contest, but the Senators had done enough to pick up their fifth victory of the season. It was a satisfying win for Briar, not just because she was back home against her former team, but also because it meant that the Senators were keeping pace in the hyper-competitive Skywalker Conference. Any wins they could pick up would be a boon down the stretch.

The Senators got to keep the Old Rosewood Gavel, now able to bring it home to Coruscant with them to go in the trophy case. Briar noted that they now had every rivalry trophy they played for in the case at one time, the Gavel going nicely with the recently-won Sector Cup and Rim Jersey, and sitting near the Axe of Revolution, the trophy for the Clash of Champions with Kashyyyk, and the Bloody Bucket. For a team that at one point in time had such an appalling win-loss record in rivalry games, now they had trophies in the case to marvel at. It was success that Briar had gotten used to on Bakura, but the Senators in recent years had not experienced.

There was one more stop on the road trip: Denon. The Demons were winless at 0-6, but they would want to take out a top team at home if they could. The Senators would have to be diligent and not let up against their weakened foes. They couldn’t afford to slip up, not now. Briar wouldn’t let them; she had built this team to withstand adversity, so they now had to prove their worth.

And Denon was also where she hoped to answer a few questions about herself. She just wasn’t sure what kinds of answers she would receive in turn.

TAG: Trieste

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    O’Pahz, Carratos

In Memoriam

I wake alone in my apartment and rub my eyes. O’Pahz, Carratos’s star from which this city got its name, hadn’t rose yet but, the bright lights from the central gambling area seeps in from outside. I get up and shower following my usual routine, but, today I’m not going to practice. This time I asked for this day off, this isn’t some frivolous vacation like my trip the fortress last week, this means something. I put on my pants and look thought my closet for a bit. I’m looking for a specific thing, something I haven’t worn in a year despite what it means to me. I pull out an older looking limmie jersey. The main color is green with accents of gold, on the chest is an ‘idiot’s array’ from Sabacc, the logo for the UCa. Gamblers, Roll High. Across the back between the shoulders is my name and below that is the same number I wear today.

I stop at the door to collect my credit pouch and comlink along with a simple black wrist band. I put on the band as I walk out the door. Outside I call for a cab and head towards an airspeeder station. In O’Pahz no one really drives unless they have to, cabs ride sharing and public transport handle everything that can’t be gotten to by walking. Today I’m heading out of the city, but, not off planet. At the terminal I jump on the next flight to Chofin, I have an appointment to keep. I get off the speeder at a small airport on the outskirts of town and find a smiling face waiting for me. She’s older, with grey hair and wrinkles on her face.

“I’m glad to see you haven’t forgotten.” She says, “With all that’s going on I thought you might have to skip this time.”

“Hey, Saphee,” I respond, “I promised to come if I was on planet, so here I am.” She takes me into a hug,

“It’s good to see you again Logan.”

“Yeah, it’s good to see you too.”

“Well we ready to go?” she asks, I notice she’s wearing a purple and orange shirt, Chofin Tech Colors.

“Well if you are, I know this is hard for you.”

“It’s been getting easier.” We walk out and into her waiting utility landspeeder. Saphee’s family has been farming in this area for a long time and this vehicle shows signs of heavy use. “I know this isn’t like the fancy speeders you’re use to back in the city but, it works.”

“It’s fine, it has a certain kind of charm you just don’t get in O’Pahz.” She smiles again and the aged landspeeder rumbles away down the road. “So how’s the farm doing?” I ask,

“It’s doing fine,” she replies, “I’ve got a few farmhands but, the droids do most of the work.” She lets out a small sigh, “Some people may not like droids but, without them, I would’ve had to give up the farm ages ago. And how about you?” she asks in return, “Hear you’re having a hard go of it again this year.”

“Yeah seems to be the way of things for us.” Almost out of reflex I grip my leg.

“Something wrong with your legs?” I suddenly become flustered,

“No, nothing wrong, just practices are taking a lot out of them lately.” She gives a subtle nod and narrows her eyes a little.

“Well, if you ever need a little time off, you’re always welcome to stop by.”

“Thanks,” I say weakly, “I might do that in the offseason.”

I begin to reflect on how I met this lady, and why I try my best to come here every year. It’s been nine years since I met her, on the campus of Chofin Tech the night after the shooting.

I had left O’Pahz when I heard the news, I didn’t even change my clothes so I showed up wearing my jersey. The grief and sadness the permeated the area felt overbearing. I remember being bewildered by it all. There were small memorials set up on the spots were people were killed. I found myself standing in front of one for a young limmie player about my age, defender by the size of him. A woman’s voice called out to me, saying

“Did you lose someone as well dear.” Her voice was caring but, a sadness ran thought it. Her eyes were still wet with tears. I found I couldn’t say anything. She gave me a hug and I stood there with her gazing at the memorial with her and others that had come to grieve. It was later that she told me that the memorial was for her son. “He loves playing limmie, but, is...”she stopped herself, “was studying agricultural science to help with the farm when he graduated.” Her eyes began to well up with tears again, “He was always like that, putting his family before himself, his father practically had to force him to go to university rather than staying on the farm.” I felt strange and found myself tearing up as well. At that time I didn’t really have a plan for what I was going to do after I graduated and this guy already had one. I had come to the campus to help but, found myself a mess, unable to help anyone. After that day Saphee and I kept in contact and did what we could to try and change things after the incident but found that on one wanted to remember. Eventually life got in the way and we had to give up on pushing for change. Now we content ourselves with our yearly remembrance.

Our first stop is the campus of Chofin Tech, there’s no memorial, or plaque commemorating the shooting but, the location where her son died was forever burned into our memories. She laid a bouquet of 29 local flowers on the spot and we stood for a moment in complete silence. Everyone around us gave strange looks at us, out of context this may look a little weird but to us it was natural. The next stop is her son’s grave. She laid a single flower next to the headstone, and again we were silent.

Back at the small terminal she gives me a hug,

“See you soon,” she says,

“Yeah, real soon,” I walk away waving goodbye then board the speeder back to O’Pahz.

I adjust my black wristband as I step on the field. Taking my position I stare down Le'kri, we were absolutely smashed by the Patriots last game, and I know some wanted to bounce back hard, myself included. The whistle sounds and the fast start I want is taken from me as the Bothan forward takes possession and passes off. The play moves deep into our defensive zone, and I begin to worry. Will this be just like the Pats game, an absolute route? I don’t think we can survive another one this season. Thankfully our half backs, missing Rhodri as they always are when we face Ylesia, make the stop and turn the tide the other way.

The ball bounces around the right side of the field, looking for an opening. Leigh pulls down a long pass from Gabby. Before today I would’ve been afraid Leigh would lose possession but, not now. Her moves were quicker more confident. She steps around Tobin and drives at the net unafraid, for a moment I think she’s going for a goal, a big no-no in ‘Iron’ Arezzo’s system. The young half forward fakes a bar point then dishes out to Rime for a fast shot on goal. The ball is stopped thanks to the efforts of one Korlo Penin the now official starting goalie for the Lightning.

We forwards settle into the ‘Iron Cage’ doing what we can once again to disrupt the back field. If I’m being honest, this strategy has been very hit and miss. Some teams it works on others not so much. For once I would like a consistently effective play, like the ‘All-In’ when coach Copin introduced to the league against the Mercs. I find myself matched up against one of the few other human on the starting roster besides Penin, Mark Meeks. He’s good and dependable but, I’ll see what I can do against him. The throw comes in and Meeks easily muscles me out of the way.

I think I take him by surprise when I make an aggressive tackle in their defensive zone. The reason I think it took him by surprise is that, I don’t believe that under normal circumstances I would be able bring him down. I made the play but, he held on to the ball flicking it back to Penin for a quick reset. This time the pass went to Ollai who held off Nara and manages to start a Lightning breakout. I hear the stadium suddenly quiet and then cheer when Qazi makes the stop. I let out another sigh, two close calls in as many minutes. There’s a good chance this could turn into a shootout.

Somehow, the shootout situation never materializes, well not for the Lightning. They score one goal early on but, we already had two by that time. I finally make up for my poor showing against Chandrila, scoring two goals in the first half, one on another perfect pass from Rime and the other off a leading pass from Leigh. I’m not alone in the goal scoring either, with coach Arezzo’s strict delegation of tasks on offense all the goals are scored by either Rime, Nara or myself. Else, Seiji and Leigh get some bar points as they always do and the first half closes with us surprisingly, given our recent performance, in a healthy lead.

The team seems in good spirits and who wouldn’t be after a half like that but, a part of me feels for the Lightning, we’ve been there before, getting stomped into the dirt so far away from home. I feel a little bad doing this and I want to tell the team to ease up a bit but, I don’t want to seem like a traitor. Coach Arezzo puts our success down the working her game plan again and I feel no need to question her, it’s working now, keeping them bottled up in their zone giving us plenty of chances to score. It’s a sad fact that no matter how good your goalie is if they face enough shots some will get past and score.

I look around the room and see no one else wearing a black wristband. That’s fine, or at least I tell myself that. Maybe I’m the weird one, continuing to remember a horrible tragedy everyone else has done their best to forget. I can’t just put it away, I can’t forget it. As my gaze falls on my teammates some avert their eyes from me. I know my stunt last year didn’t go over well but, are they still upset by it. I manage to catch Leigh’s eye and give her a thumb up. She’s playing well this game and has several assists. Part of me feels good that I helped in a small way to bring about this turnaround. We finally have our half forwards back.

I give no speech before heading back onto the field, my mind wants to make this game in remembrance of the CT 29 but, I know no one else wants that. Back on the field, even with a healthy lead, we don’t have control. The Lightning turn the tide against us almost immediately, the shot from Gale is just barely stopped by Qazi. There’s another close call when Brian’s pass to Ponie is picked off by Tunni and sent towards the goal. Once again it is held by our Quarren netminder. The Lightning haven’t given up, not by a long shot.

A struggle for possession breaks out in the midfield, were desperate to get the pressure off our defense, and the Lightning are determined to keep on the attack. Marky wins out in the battle of wills and passes forward to Seiji. The Iktochi fakes a move to the outside then throws to the inside, without looking. As if by telepathy Else moves right where the ball is going to be and receives the pass. She runs out ahead of her marker and me, then makes a dump pass after a pump fake. I waste no time sending a screamer of a shot to the furthest side away from Penin.

There’s a short pause as the hats are cleared from the field, it feels good to score a hat trick at home especially on such an important week for me. Play resumes and the ‘Iron Cage’ does its job keeping the attack in their zone, wearing down the defense. I receive forward pass from Seiji then get hit hard by Meeks. The ball flies from my hands, I don’t see who gets control but, I don’t think it’s us. I take a moment to catch my breath and make sure my legs still work. I don’t know what I’d do if I lose my legs during a game.

The game comes flying into the final fifteen minutes, and we have a commanding lead, for the first time I hear a thunderous ‘Deadman’s Chest’ chorus resound from the stands. It’s no ‘Drunken Spacer’ but, in this context I don’t mind it. I just wish that this isn’t a fluke like every other win we’ve had this season. I’d like to follow it up with a win against the Starkillers but, that’s a tall order they’re tearing up the Solo right now and last I checked we’re just a little a bit ahead of the Patriots, who occupy last place in the Skywalker, a place we know well.

Time ticks forward and before I know it the game ends with us winning by over twenty points. What is with us, we have been scoring like mad men yet only have three wins now to our name. It’s beginning to get frustrating. I keep a professional attitude thought the handshake line, I feel for the Lightning they’re in much the same position as us in the other conference. There’s still time for us to turn this around maybe, we just can’t give up, us or the Lightning. I walk off the field my long hair drenched in sweat, and the crowd cheering. It’s been a good game, but, I’m not ready to celebrate just yet, seasons not done yet.

TAG: Rebecca_Daniels

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Sunday

Looks like our offense is off to another hot start. Three points for Sureysh as she accepts a nice assist from Wrehase. Nice interception by Ty Allin there. He quickly passes back up field to Wrehase. Wrehase can’t find a shot, the Rangers are double teaming the rookie. Somehow he is able to dish the ball back to Frokabuk. The Wookiee is anxious to score against his home world. He doesn’t have a direct open shot so he goes for the bar point. And he scores! 4-0 Starkillers.

The offensive onslaught continues and our defense is top notch today too. Bat was able to get on the board with ease. The Rangers were busy trying to cover the front line because Hovechar got away from them and all the way up field. She fooled them by passing back to my brother who was wide open. After that Ty and Dev got caught in a tangled up mess allowing the ball to get through to the back line. Noah engaged in a tackle immediately and Kaat ran out of the goal box to retrieve the loose ball. Hovechar raced back to Kaat’s area and easily dribbled back up field. This time the Rangers were on Bat so Hovechar passed to Dunerider and now we are up 10-0.

Starkillers defense looked absolutely non existant on that last play. Ty just stood there and watched his man take the ball to the net. Fostiir was walking and Jeffers appeared to be on another planet. Kaat made a spectacular dive to make one save, but no one was there to retrieve the deflected ball. Before Kaat could get back on her feet again the Rangers recovered the deflected ball and made the easy goal. “Move your ass Ty,” I holler at the holo.

T.J. turns around and gives me a look of disbelief and hurt. “Your father could have been more aggressive on that play,” I try to explain gently.

“Take it back! My dad is the best in the whole ELL.” T.J. pouts.

I had to differ with T.J. on that. I told him if his dad was the best we would have won a championship by now. Meanwhile on the field Wrehase finally gets a point despite his double coverage. While I continue to argue with T.J. his dad makes a nice tackle to bring a Wookiee over a foot taller than him to the ground. The commentator praises Ty’s form and courage. T.J. gets in my face to say “I told you so.”

I push T.J. backwards roughly telling him that doesn’t make up for the play before. T.J. hits the caf table on his way to the floor and screams loudly in surprise as he hits the ground. My mom came running out of the kitchen to see what happened. I’m upstairs now banished from the living room for the rest of the game. I never even got to explain what happened. In anger over being singled out I called T.J. and my mom names I can’t repeat in this blog. My mom is down there with two babies trying to comfort a faking four year old. There is little she can do right now, but I think I just crossed a line.

Ironically I’m watching the game in my mother’s bedroom now. She has the only holo upstairs. It gets a decent picture and at least no one will bother me up here. The defense just missed another opportunity for us to run up the score on the Rangers. So it’s 11 to 6 Starkillers as I begin to settle into my new surroundings. Whatever my mom put in the oven smells really good downstairs. My brother’s mind isn’t on food right now that’s for sure. He just got the Starkillers another 3 points.

Well it’s 22-8 at halftime. I didn’t feel the need to type out each individual play. Besides my mom came up here with T.J. to show me his back where he hit the caf table. Some skin scraped off and there’s gonna be some bruising, but the kid is fine. I apologized. I didn’t realize he was going to hit the table. My mom is upset about the injury, she’s upset I lost my temper and she’s upset about the language I used towards her and T.J. She told me to cancel my plans for the week. That includes Limmie with the JV team. I just need the Starkillers to hold on to this ridiculous lead so Coach is in a good mood. I’ll call him after the game and straiten this out. He’ll understand.

We scored another 15 points in the second half. Dunerider had 4 of those points, my brother had 6, Wrehase had 3 and Sureysh had 2. There was also a goal and three bar points scored against us. Not a bad showing for our defense. They won both halves. Waiting nervously for Coach to return my call. He looked happy during the press conference. He said he was proud of the team so far. Loren chimed in saying that the season was only half over and that we had a long way to go until the end of the season. She said the Starkillers can be expected to keep bringing it each and every Sunday. I can see that the Pirates put up 34 points this week. Hopefully coach isn’t thinking about next week’s game just yet.

This silly little incident has turned into a big mess. Coach called mom and spoke to her first. He also saw T.J.’s back. Coach was mostly concerned about my tendencies to use violence towards others and the language I used towards my mother didn’t go over well either. Coach explained to mom that the Limmie team needs me this week and that it was good for me to be involved in an organized sport. Of course the next thing on the list to be taken away is my sideline job. I’m supposed to work the final four games of the season. The home game against Rydonni Prime and the final three road games. Coach says if he hears about any more incidents involving my behavior I won’t be doing any more work for the Starkillers this season.

I don’t want to go into too much detail here, but what Coach said made a lot of sense. If I continue down this path I could very well follow in my brother’s footsteps and wind up with a record. He says I should be worried about getting arrested for assault. He also seemed concerned that I may have attacked T.J. because I’m jealous his father is still alive. I don’t think that’s it. Still Coach offered to take me out for a meal this week before leaving for Carratos and he also promised to come see my game.

Wednesday

Coach picked me up from practice tonight. We went to dinner just like he promised. We talked about the team so I have some stuff to share with you. Coach says practices have been tough as ever this week. The Pirates are 3-3 which would be good enough for third place here in the Solo Conference and they have beaten every team they have played in the Solo so far this season. I can’t go into specifics on what tricks Coach’s Jul and Till have up their sleeves, but I can say that Coach Till is very pleased with how hard the players are working towards learning a few new plays while brushing up on the tried and true ones. The game plan should be a mix of what you’ve seen so far this season along with a splash of something different.

Coach asked me how practice was going with the JV team. I told him it’s been like trying out for the team all over again. That’s exactly what this week has been like. I’ve done a lot of work at midfield and the coach is also letting me sub in for the half forwards to see how I play up there. Truth be told I think I’m better at midfield. I’m not a scorer like my brother though. I’m better at dribbling the ball, traveling up field and dishing off to someone who is a better shot than I am. I can make a goal if I have to, but I have to get closer than Bat. Bat has an amazing range. My other strength is on defense. I’m really good at stealing the ball. I’m tough and I’m not afraid to go down in a tackle.

At Limmie practice everyone cusses, even the coaches cuss at us. So I asked Coach what the big deal is about bad language and why my mother feels she needs to punish me every time I say something that most beings say every day. Coach says life on the Limmie field is different from what you can say at home. I can’t say I understand why.

Coach also lined me up with an interview for this blog tomorrow night after Starkillers practice. I’ll be checking in with you again tomorrow fans with Starkiller insight from none other than offensive captain Kara Sureysh.

Thursday

Since I’m playing JV this week my game is on Friday and tonight I am coming to you from Financial Square where the Starkillers just finished their final full day of practice before they leave for Carratos tomorrow night. My guest is right corner forward and offensive captain Kara Sureysh. Kara is still in her practice uniform, she’s muddy but smiling. She says she’s excited to speak to her fans.

“What changes did the team make to go from the bottom of the conference last year to the very top this season?” I ask.

“We actually led the division briefly last season,” Kara reminds me. “We learned a lot from that fall from grace. Now we have to prove that the lessons have stuck. We can’t afford to lose any games for the rest of the season. Coach Jul says to treat every game like it’s our last. If and when we get to the play-offs winning should be second nature to us.”

“What’s the biggest difference between playing next to Wrehase and Fortune?” I ask.

“Wrehase is more humble,” Kara says quickly. “When he was double teamed last week he was willing to pass the ball. Fortune would have kept trying to make shots. Fortune’s attitude and behavior wasn’t just a problem on the field either. He was a distraction in the locker room as well.”

“How so?”

“He was the reason Hovechar used spice during the off-season. I thought your step father would have told you.”

Now this is news to me. It must be written all over my face that I have no idea what she’s talking about. “Oh, never mind. It really doesn’t have anything at all to do with Limmie.”

“Hovechar was suspended for four games. It has everything to do with Limmie,” I argue. It sounds to me like Kara knows something I don’t know and I’m determined to get the information out of her.

“Okay,” she say. “You better turn off that data pad.”

That was the end of our interview. I have made some calls. I spoke to my sister Justyne, Alyada Hovechar, my mother and Coach. Everyone agreed it was okay to tell you all what allegedly happened during the off-season of ’77-’78. Hovechar and Fortune may have had an affair. I say allegedly and may have because Hovechar confirms this, but we have no way to contact Fortune and ask for his side of the story. Hovechar claims she conceived a child with Fortune and had the baby aborted. She took the performance enhancing spice to help recover from the procedure.

There, big ugly secret out of the bag. I am so glad Andres left our planet now. I hope he never comes back. My sister, for now, is staying married. Can’t say I understand why, but there’s a lot of stuff I don’t understand. Maybe it’s because I’m only fourteen.

Friday

Big day for me today. I played in my first ever JV game. I played about 15 minutes. I was a back up to the midfielders. I played a little for both of the starters when they needed rest. Coach and about half of the Starkillers came out to watch. As if I wasn’t already nervous enough about playing on this level I had an audience of pros. With the pros came a media circus and heavy security. Alyada came to see me play. She’s glad this story finally broke.

In the locker room this has been out in the open for a while. The players are going on with business as usual. Their sole focus is the game in two days against the Pirates. They boarded the shuttle and left for Carratos not long after my game ended. They did a great job cheering me and the rest of the JV team to a victory this afternoon. I did okay for my first game too. I had two assists and four steals.

Going to be a busy weekend on my end. I have to prove I can keep myself out of trouble while helping mom take care of T.J., Rah Rah and Louise. Plus I’ve been assigned some extra chores for tomorrow. I’ll be back for the game on Sunday. Until then!

Sunday

Everything is going smoothly here at the Vigo/Till/Allin family headquarters. Rah Rah just said “Mommie” for the first time when he saw my eldest sister performing on the sideline. My sister is probably going to be upset she missed it. My mom made such a fuss over it that Rah Rah keeps repeating the word over and over. So don’t worry Lucie, you will get your opportunity to hear him. The team is running out of the tunnel, ready to take the field. Hovechar looks poised and determined. Her and my brother share a fist pump just before kick-off. GO STARKILLERS!

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 likes this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post (with pieces from Vehn)
    Officials dressing room, Six Boroughs Stadium, Nar Shaddaa

For the moment, there were only two beings inside the dressing room for the game officials. They were seated on a pair of folding chairs across from each other. The stadium above them was only now beginning to let in visitors. What the Commissioner had to say today was something he wanted to say to her alone.

“The League has backed you on every call, Kelly,” Lokensgaard said, leaning forward, elbows on his knees, hands in front of him, fingers intertwined. “This is a hard assignment. I was skeptical when I saw that you were going to follow the Smugglers this season. It’s a recipe for resentment. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that. We saw that on Bakura. We got lucky that you were already going to Ylesia after that game. It gave everybody a cooling off period.

“But that’s the last one you’ll have,” Fenrir said, looking straight into her eyes, a gaze hardened by seeing so much chaos on the field.

“We deviate from the schedule again and the League looks weak, like we’re caving to the Smugglers,” Fenrir said. “You’re with this team for the rest of the season, six long weeks. All you’re going to have is your whistle and your integrity. The League will stand with you as long as your calls are righteous.

“You start making black and white look gray...we’re not going to be able to help you.”

Kelly smiled as Commissioner Lokensgaard finished talking with her. She admired how direct he could be. She admired how he was actively encouraging her to continue in her duties, to continue laying down the law, and to continue representing the league in the highest and greatest manner. She would do all that and so much more. Yet there was something troubling her as well. Something she hadn't told anyone. She knew she would have to come clean at some point. Perhaps now, in the belly of the beast that was Six Boroughs, she could finally start to speak on her own suspicions.

“Commissioner,” Kelly said as she weighed, “there's something I need to tell you. I'm not who you think I am. In fact, I'm not sure I even know myself anymore.”

Lokensgaard thought carefully before replying. He chose his words carefully.

“Kelly…what do I need to know?”

Owner’s box, Six Boroughs Stadium, Nar Shaddaa

From orphan to owner, Lilly Vehn was one of the amazing stories of the galaxy. Only on Nar Shaddaa could you find someone like her. Her story was hard and tough, much like the stories of the fans in burgundy and black. It was how they liked their limmie and that had led to a culture of physical play, of sometimes blatant disregard for the rulebook. It was what Kelly Telaam was battling when she took on this job. Though he’d never tell her this, it was a job that most refs didn’t want. “Anyone but Nar Shaddaa,” was usually what they got in scheduling requests.

That was precisely what Lokensgaard knew he’d have to talk to Vehn about today. As he took a sandwich from an offered plate, he felt there was no time like the present.

“Ms. Vehn, Lilly,” Fenrir began, “we need to talk about what happened on Bakura. Whatever you may think of that play...let’s set that aside for the moment. The critical issue here is that those refs were afraid for their safety because of your fans. The truth is that it doesn’t matter whether that bolo-ball crossed the line or not. What matters is that the League cannot have a situation where its officials are in danger. Period. That’s unacceptable. I realize you don’t own the fans, but what the League needs is the Smugglers to take a strong and public stand on this issue. I don’t care if you have to pay private contractors to keep the refs safe. I don’t care if you have to bribe your own fanbase to keep them safe. I need them safe.

“Because the day that a hair on one of their heads gets put out of place by one of your fans is the day that every single official we have refuses to work your games. When we have a situation like that, there’s really only one thing you have to consider:

“Do you want to play your next season in the Premier League or the GCLA? And honestly, you might not even have that decision because you’ll be lucky if they both want you.

“Have I made myself perfectly clear?” Fenrir asked. He paused to take a bite out of his sandwich.

Lilly had done her best to make a name for herself. A name that didn't start with Kaitlyn. She was her own person. She'd managed the Smugglers her own way. She'd taken the best of Kaitlyn's ideas and run with them and so far it wasn't hurting anyone. But someone had nearly gotten hurt recently. By the very fans that Lilly swore were some of the best in the galaxy. That had to change. That was going to change.

“I’ll do a press release tomorrow asking that the fans allow the game to be officiated in the way the Elite League knows best. Nar Shaddaa loves limmie, Commissioner, and taking that away from them would be taking away the best of what this team, this franchise, has offered the Smuggler's Moon for over 126 years: hope. I’ll make sure this never happens again.”

“That’s just what I wanted to hear,” Lokensgaard said. “Now, with that out of the way, let’s enjoy this beautiful game.”

There was no danger of violence this day. A double digit Smugglers win was more than enough to keep the peace this day. Even so, Fenrir couldn’t help but think that Nar Shaddaa was still a danger zone in more ways than one.

TAG: Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and Jedi Gunny like this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bill Hitts

Bill couldn’t believe his eyes as the offense put up 31 points on the Byblos Red Wings. He’d always known they were capable. He was so proud of the players that he didn’t care if it was his coaching tactics that helped them get to this level or not. After the game Spencer pushed him forward to go shake hands with the Byblos head coach. “It’s your team,” the boy reminded him.

Later in the locker room after the players had gone home Spencer told Bill he wouldn’t be around as much for practice this coming week. Spencer had exams to take and projects due in school. He said he’d be ready to depart for Eriadu at the end of the week, until then he wanted to concentrate on his studies.

Bill didn’t know how he should feel about the situation. It was what he wanted more than anything. This was his chance to prove he could take control of the team and propel them to a victory all on his own, without Spencer’s help. He needed this. He needed to prove to himself that he hadn’t taken on too much when he accepted the head coaching position on Tatooine. He was more than a washed up Limmie player. He was a head coach and now he had the chance to prove he was a good one.

Tag @ no one

jcgoble3, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

I don't know about you...but it's quiet...too quiet. I think we need some limmie!

Bonus rolls for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

282 Week 7 Results

Bakura Miners at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (24-16)
    Coruscant Senators at Denon Demons (7-18)
    Mando'ade Mercs at Kashyyyk Rangers (16-18)
    Chandrila Patriots at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (16-11)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Carratos Pirates (12-31)
    Ylesia Lightning at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (14-3)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus rolls to Concordia (28), Thyferra (28), Atzerri (28) and Tatooine (32)

LFL Results 281 Week 6
    Thyferra Force @ Byblos Red Wings (12-16)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders (17-8)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Eriadu Thunder (18-0)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Gallinore Firedrakes (27-11)

Tags: Vehn jcgoble3 CPL_Macja Rebecca_Daniels Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a miserable cold and rainy day Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Oh baby is right."

"Yeah, as in oh baby are the Mercs in trouble now."

"Well they dropped their second in a row now after ripping off five wins to start the season but..."

"Yeah it goes deeper than just that, though losing that game to Kashyyyk was a heartbreaker."

"Hey give it to the Rangers, they came back and fought hard after the Mercs started out strong."

"Jaing wasn't himself throughout the game, you could see that back was bothering him."

"And as expected Lovenivek didn't play..."

"Word is..."

"He should be OK next week for the Pirates game but..."

"Yeah...we'll get to the injuries later."

"Still the Mercs started out strong, Jaing played OK at first despite the back injury."

"He was mere a facilitator than a scorer though."

"Yeah, and the Ranger adjusted quickly to that. Once they keyed in on Mereel and Fu Arock, it fell on Langdon to bear the brunt of the offense."

"And boy did she deliver, seven points scored in the game, two assists, she was rocking it."

"Well right up until the last few minutes."

"Still even with her playing a good game..."

"Great game."

"The Rangers clawed their way back in with some stodgy defense, by half time it was anyone's game." Randy sounded exasperated.

"Yeah, but you could feel the momentum flipping to the home team, the fans there certainly felt it."

"Still the Mercs held a slight lead starting the second half, and even built it back up to three points for a while there before..."

"Ugh."

"... Langdon got creamed and Johnie Limmie had to come in for her."

"He looked like an Eopis in headlights there."

"Well, he isn't the most imposing of physical specimens, and the Rangers were playing one hell of a physical game."

"I think that hampered Jaing a lot too through the game. Normally he can handle that sort of physicality, but with his back like that."

"Think they should rest him for a week or two to make sure it heals up properly?"

"I'm sure they would like to, but with the conference so bunched up right now I don't think they can afford to."

"In any case, back to Johnnie Clipboard, he came in and looked like he wanted no part of the Rangers, they flat out intimidated him."

"In just a few minutes of play he had two turnovers, no points and no assists."

"Worse than that, the Mercs blew a 16-14 edge in that time frame as the Rangers ended the game on a 4-0 run."

"The offense, well aside from Langdon until she got hurt, really hung the defense out to dry there, they were pretty ragged by the end of the game."

"Watching the game I thought Katan got hurt too, though he stayed in the game."

"That one play where he stretched for the save and then came down hard on the turf?"

"Which time?"

"Late first half, right after the Gozer fumble."

"Oh yeah, that time. Yeah he looked a little shaken up then."

"And oh my gods, Gozer? What happened to him?"

"I thought he was going to get taken out for Ye'ves'toung after that, he had really played a pretty bad game up until then anyway, but Kor'le left him in."

"You catch her comments after the game?"

"About injuries being a part of the game?"

"Yeah...can we roll that?"

The voice of Coach Ryi Kor'le came over the wave. "Yes, we've had our share of injuries this season, but we plan for that. Injuries are as much a part of the game as running, blocking and tackling. You just have to roll with it and hope your team depth, your plan, holds up."

"I hate to say it, but she's right. I mean, I would love for the best players to be out there all the time, but this is a rough game, you know this Justin, and players get hurt all the time. We can't have a woe is us attitude about it, but I wish there was a way for the league to cut down on..."

"Can't do that without changing the game though Randy, and the fans love the game the way it is. We all love a good clean hard hit."

"yeah..."

"I mean I know you really love that sort of rough play, and I know that's the way the Mercs are coached, to hit fast, hit hard, hit often."

"Blowing up in their face right now..."

"Hey, it's just two losses. All the other contenders in the conference lost too."

"Pirates won, they're back in contention now too."

"Great, and we have to deal with them next week."

"It's not an easy league Randy, and when it gets down to it, you really want easy?"

"Well..."

"If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth doing."

"Not arguing that, but I think this Mercs team had, has, a chance for something historic, and injuries are just wrecking that right now."

"Part of the game Randy, all a part of the game."

"Well, we'll see after next week what kind fo shape the Mercs are in for the home stretch of the season. Right now it's looking like a down to the wire job, with five out of six teams vying for just the three playoff spots."

"At least we should have Lovenivek back, right Kitterich?"

"Yeah, he has been cleared to play. But I just got an update about Langdon, and you're not going to like it...

TAG: No one.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Starkillers owner Madelyne Vigo was rushed to a Cambrielle med center for unknown reasons. Several sources are reporting her condition upon arrival was life threatening. At present time it's being reported that her condition has been upgraded to stable
    • Lovnivek (HF) of the Mando'ade Mercs has been cleared for game activities and will play week eight at Carratos (concussion)
    • La'Bron Jaing (HF) of the Mando'ade Mercs is probable for week eight game at Carratos (back)
    • Vera Langdon (FF) of the Mando'ade Mercs is out for season after sustaining week seven injury at Kashyyyk (shoulder)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3 Runjedirun

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Sunday

Rough day for the Starkillers. Congratulations to the Pirates on a well earned victory. I won't go into great detail on the game. I know coaches Jul and Till are going to work hard this week to fix the problems we saw out there on the field in Carratos this afternoon. Next week we will be ready for our rival the Rydonni Prime Monarchs. Coach has had that ugly golden glove trophy on display in his office since the end of last season and I know he will be doing everything in his power to present it to the Monarchs on our home turf at the end of next week's game.

Speaking of next week, it's our last home game of the season. I'm very excited to see our team play one last important game here on Ralltiir before our three game road trip. To encourage all fans to come out and help cheer on the Starkillers my mom will be giving all ticket holders Starkiller jackets. Anyone who is still looking for seats should visit our official ticket exchange site, so you get a fair price.

Been a busy day here and I have school tomorrow. Just one week until our next victory Starkiller fans. Go out and make your week awesome.

Monday

Yesterday I told everyone to make your week's awesome. Sometimes that is what we have to do. We have to make our own good times. I know I was pretty down about the loss yesterday. It's never fun to see people you care about have a bad day. So this morning I did my favorite drills in the gym, instead of the hardest ones. I also had hot chocolate with breakfast. T.J. And I had an impromptu marshmallow eating contest before I left for school. My sugar high lasted until 3rd period.

T.J. and I had a good weekend. He forgave me for pushing him into the table last week. I've also made a promise to myself and my parents that I will not act violently towards others. It won't be easy. I have a short temper. But I have to learn how to control it before I get in serious trouble.

At practice this afternoon I learned that I was eligible to earn a start this week on the JV team. I know it won't be easy so I stayed late for some one on one with the coach. At dinner tonight I had extra veggies and no dessert. Hopefully that will make up for the extra sugar this morning at breakfast. Mom took us all to the spaceport to meet the team late this evening. She told me I should have had dessert. She says I'm young and I need to have fun while I can. It was kinda strange usually she's begging me to clean up my diet.

The team was in good spirits when they landed. Everyone is frustrated that they allowed the Pirates to exploit their weaknesses. On the same note they are excited to get back to work at practice tomorrow so that they can put that game behind them. Only six more days until our players hit the field at Financial Square. Goodnight Starkiller fans.

Wednesday

I am tired. The last couple of days have been rough. I need to write this entry. I need everyone to know that my mom, my family, our team and I are going to be just fine. As I am sure everyone heard my mom was rushed to the med center about 2am on Tuesday morning. Coach said she woke up with severe pain in her chest. He woke me and told me to get my baby sister ready for travel. He said an ambulance was coming to take mom to the med center and we needed to follow in the speeder.

I thought I could hear my mom crying in her room across the hall. I ran over to see her lying in a ball. Her face contorted in pain. Coach told me help was on the way. He urged me to have my sister ready so we could follow the ambulance. I got Louise up and threw some baby stuff in mom's carry bag. The ambulance arrived and several first responders ran into our home. My mom may have been unconscious by that time because I didn't hear her cries anymore.

I strapped my sister into Coach's speeder and we followed the ambulance to the med center. Thank goodness we live close. Louise was screaming and I was really scared. I found out later that my mother's heart stopped beating at the house and again on the ambulance. She had confided in Coach that she was having chest pains before they went to bed Monday night. My mom eats healthy, exercises and she's an average weight for her height. She had a heart attack.

Doctors think my mom has taken on too much and the stress was too much for her. This whole ordeal was made worse by authorities who pointed fingers at Coach. I can assure you every test possible has been done. There was no foul play. Coach has been at mom's side since this began. Coach Jul has been running practices, he hasn't even been to the stadium or opened his playbook.

My mom has had great care. Meds have stabilized her enough that she should be going home tomorrow. Justyne should be on planet by morning to help her transition. She and her kids are in route as I write this. It will be good to see her Zoey and Marty again. Spencer has been in touch. He almost came home too. Mom convinced him that school was important and promised she'd make a full recovery.

Everyone has been really supportive. The entire team has checked in on me. Even Kaat Stun and Shen Shyall made a visit to the med center. They baked us a Hapan Casserole that was excellent. Ty and Bat have been almost overbearing with their concerns for me. I'm gonna be fine. I feel some guilt for the fights and my mouth which contribute to my mom's stress. I know I can work on my aggressive behaviors and make my family's future better. I've talked to my mom. She wants me to go back to school tomorrow. So I can be eligible for Friday's JV game. My mom wants to see me accomplish my goals and live my life to it's fullest. That's exactly what I plan to do.

Friday

It's really nice to have my mom home. The house is bustling with Justyne and her kids filling the upstairs bedrooms. I find myself peaking in on mom a lot. I can't imagine my life without her. I check on her every time I enter the house and every hour after that for as long as I'm home. Coach calls me the "spy", but he knows I just want to make sure she's comfortable. Mostly coach has stayed home to keep her company. He's put Ty in charge of the defense this week. Coach Jul is supervising. Coach trusts Ty though. He knows that Ty knows the defense better than anyone else. Ty is taking the assignment well. T.J. Is bursting with pride for his dad and he should be. Ty is managing to coach, play and be home with family for dinner every night.

I decided not to start tonight. I knew that I hadn't made it to a full practice since Monday and I wanted to give my team a fair chance in their game. We still have one final game next week and if things fall into place I can start then. I did get to play back-up at midfield again. When I got my chance to take the field I thought about one thing only: make mom proud. I made good on that, mom. I wish you could have been there to see me. I had four steals, three assists and a goal. The goal wasn't quite as far back as midfield, but I didn't run past the full forwards to make it. I think my range is improving.

When I walked off the field Richard was there. He and Bat were having a quiet, serious conversation. Richard didn't even say hello. Bat told me I played a good game. He was the only family to make it out to my game this afternoon. He told me to wait in his speeder, so I did. After I waited a while he came to take me home. He told me that if Richard did anything to upset me or mom to let him know. Richard never showed up at the house though. I know he's my brother and it sounds mean, but we've never been close and for all I care, maybe he went back to Coruscant.

Mom came downstairs and sat at the dinner table tonight. She won't be ready for a public appearance this weekend, but she is going to be okay. Coach even has plans to go to the stadium tomorrow. The game doesn't seem as important as it did five days ago. Having my mother means more to me than any Limmie game. Coach is trying not to bring up Limmie around the house. He doesn't want my mom to feel like he or the team has any extra pressure on them to win because of what happened this week.

Coach says there is no pressure. He wants the team to go out and have fun. He wants the fans to come out and have a good time. He wants me to work the sideline and that's what I'm gonna do. One more day to prepare yourselves Starkiller fans. Hope to see you all at the stadium on Sunday.

Saturday

I went to the stadium with coach today. All the jackets my mom ordered are ready to be distributed. There are so many of them. The air was crisp this morning. I ran a few laps with the team who came to see coach. They didn't have practice today. Everyone missed Coach this week and they came to see him. There was a lot of work to do, still I stopped periodically to call mom and check on her. She smiled every time she answered. I modeled a jacket for her, I tasted the nachos for her, I tested the turf and I set up the owner's box. Georgia is going to be up there with her girls and Zoey for the game tomorrow. Ty's mom will also be there with my nephews so they can see their father play. Justyne is going to stay home with Louise, Marty and my mom.

We didn't stay at the stadium late. When we got home Coach got in the pool with me and Louise. Mom came and sat on the deck to watch a while. I am excited for tomorrow's game. See you at Financial Square tomorrow Limmie fans!

Sunday

Richard is here at the stadium. This time he and Bat had an all out argument when they met. Richard says he owns a share of this team and he has a right to be here. He wanted the owner's box. When he realized it was full of kids he backed down. He's here on the sideline, giving me a cold stare. I don't know why Richard decided to come today. He better not ruin anything. He better not stand in the way of my mother's recovery. Warm ups are about to end. Thanks for coming out to support the team Starkiller fans. You look great in the jackets. I know my mom is home smiling.

Tags galactic-vagabond422 CPL_Macja

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Trieste like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Miner postgame comments after win over Skywalker Conference leading Buccaneers
      • Valerii:
        • “This is how we want to play every week. We won what I felt were the critical moments in this game”
        • “Lizbit is a bounceback goalkeeper. This is what we’ve seen in her from the beginning and why she’s a cornerstone of this team”
        • Said she is “not concerned at all” about playing in games where the Miner offense doesn’t rack up large numbers of points
          • “That’s looking at just one aspect of the game. The play of our defense and our offense is intertwined. It’s a fluid game out there. I’m focused on the total, overall effort”
      • Deenever on playing males on the Bucs roster: “I’m used to playing against males all the time in this league. I barely noticed that I was playing Miles rather than a female. That’s not a knock against Miles. It was just like any other game.”
      • Trieste: “No, I didn’t play any harder based on what Avoy said a few weeks ago. I wasn’t even thinking about it until you asked.”
      • Two goal scorer Alesh: “I really felt like I brought my A game today. I get up for these games. It’s not that I’m sticking it to the C-Bucs. I just want to show my family, my friends, my homeworld what I can do when I know they’re all watching, especially in person.”
      • Penn: “Tendra Nalo’s really good. Like crazy good. I got super worried there for a while, but then I tackled her and everything was okay. Hey, does anybody want some candy? I remembered to bring some with me from the locker room this time.”
      • Zonka: “I’m just here so I don’t get fined.”
      • Pic: “I definitely still feel this is a rivalry. Just because we’ve won eight straight against the Bucs doesn’t mean we underestimate them or take this game for granted. We just beat arguably the top team in the League, top two for sure. That’s a huge accomplishment no matter what the history.”
      • Wizmark: “We’ll enjoy this win for sure, but we’ll focus up on the flight out to Denon. They just got their first win. They’ll be hungry for more. We can’t be complacent. This is a conference game that we need.”
    • Buccaneers postgame thoughts:
      • Tendra Nalo: "The Miners played a great game, and I feel like we were pretty evenly matched despite the score. I'm sure we'll bounce back soon."
      • Tendra on appearing distracted on the sideline: "Family issues back home have had me distracted for a while, but I don't feel that they've affected my play in game. I'd be happy to take some of Horst Penn's candy, though. Might relieve a bit of the stress."
      • Wai Lin: "I didn't play up to what I am capable of, and I take full responsibility for that. It's something that I'll need to work on in practice this week. Losing eight in a row (or is it nine now?) against your rival sucks, but it is what it is. We'll have some extra work to do in practice this week for sure."
      • Leota Avoy: "What Miners game? I'm already focusing on what we need to do for the Rangers. As a wise Jedi Master of old said, 'Remake the past, you cannot.' Or to put it another way, there's no use crying over spilled blue milk. Time to move on to our next opponent."
    TAG: jcgoble3

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: Thus begins the final chapter of this storyline. The rest will come next week, spread across multiple posts.

IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Two days after Week 7 game against Miners

Tendra knocked on the door to Leota's office and peeked in. “Can I talk to you for a few minutes?”

The head coach looked up from what she was doing. “Sure. I was just working on the game plan for Kashyyyk that I'm going to present at practice this afternoon. What's up?”

Tendra took a seat. “Well, this concerns the Kashyyyk game, and the Carratos game, and maybe the Monarchs game as well.”

“Is something wrong?”

“No. On the contrary, things are, I hope, about to be right for the first time since I entered the League.”

“You were talking about family issues after the Miners game. Does this have something to do with your brother?”

Tendra mentally cursed. Leave it to Leota to figure it out that quickly. “Yes, it does. You know I trust you regarding this. I've trusted you with the secret of my red comlink, and so far the League hasn't a clue about it. I need you to keep this quiet as well; what I'm about to tell you does not leave this room. Understood?”

“Understood.”

Tendra inhaled, then slowly exhaled before laying it out. “The standard day before the Carratos game, the Jedi are going to rescue Jado.”

“Alright. But how does this affect our games?”

Tendra prepared herself for the backlash. “Because I asked, and the Jedi agreed, to be a part of the strike team that performs the rescue.”

“No. Absolutely not. Not only do we need you on this team, but I can't even begin to count the number of clauses in your contract that such a dangerous mission would violate. I would be fully within my rights to dismiss you from the team with no further salary obligations.”

Tendra had expected that response, and knew that Leota was completely correct with regard to her contract. Her reply, though, was simple. “And I'm prepared for that possibility.”

Leota looked a bit befuddled; clearly, she had not been expecting that response. “Excuse me?”

“You heard me. My family comes first, before the team, before everything else. That's what you always tell us: family comes first. Well, as you suggested earlier, this is a family matter.”

“Tendra, a family member in the hospital is one thing. Going into probably uncharted territory to attack an enemy base, when the Jedi are perfectly capable of doing it on their own, is completely different.”

“You can't change my mind here, Leota. How you respond is up to you, but I am firmly committed to doing this.”

“I can't tell the media that I let one of my star players run off on a highly dangerous mission. And League rules prohibit me from lying.”

“So tell the truth. I am being given temporary leave from the team to deal with an private family matter. That's all you need to put on the record.”

“I can't believe I'm seriously considering allowing this.”

“I can. Because ultimately, like me, you value family over everything else.”

Leota hung her head and rested it in her palms. “You win. Take your leave. I'll notify the team this afternoon and the League later this evening. And come back to me in one piece, please.”

Tendra smiled. She had known all along that Leota would eventually agree.

TAG: Nobody directly, as this is a private conversation. However, public headlines will be coming shortly.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Hapes Consortium Buccaneers head coach and interim GM Leota Avoy announces that Tendra Nalo has been granted indefinite leave from the team to handle a "private family matter"
    • Leota: "Family is, and should always be, the most important thing in anyone's life. Tendra will be allowed the time off to deal with the matter, and if all goes well, we hope to have her back for Week 10 or 11"
    • Leota refuses comment on the precise nature of the matter: "That's not my business to disclose. It will be up to Tendra, when she returns, to decide whether and how much to discuss it. For now, please respect her privacy"
    TAG: CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Vehn

Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    O’Phaz, Carratos

Fenrir knew exactly what the first question was going to be the moment he got off the shuttle.

“Commissioner! Commissioner! You’re here to see the Starkillers play the Pirates. This week news broke about the reasons why Alyada Hovechar was using spice last season and the actions that preceded it. What is the League’s reaction to this explosive new evidence?”

Because he knew what the question was going to be, he also knew exactly how he wanted to answer it. “The reasons behind Ms. Hovechar’s spice use are irrelevant. The League’s only stance is regarding her use of spice, for which she was appropriately suspended at that time. I will take no further questions on this matter as this constitutes everything the League and I have to say on this matter.”

Lokensgaard pushed his way past the press and into the lobby of the Republic Grand Hotel. He didn’t want to talk about the fact that Hovechar had chosen to end a pregnancy. Frankly, it wasn’t any of his business and it wasn’t any of theirs. Every being was entitled to a personal life, professional athletes among them. Elite League Limmie was not going to start passing judgment on players because of what they chose to do off the field. Hovechar’s spice use--yes, that was an on field issue and the League would take action on that every time. But a lot of beings wanted salacious tidbits to spice up their existence, especially when they were about beings that made more credits than them. They could have them.

The moment the doors to the lobby slid closed behind him and the noise of the reporters was gone, Fenrir exhaled. It felt like stress was leaving his body.

Oh Carratos, how I love you so.

More specifically, he loved Schnitt Polenta. Did that being ever know how to entertain the Commissioner. Reservations made for him at one of the finest casinos Carratos had to offer. For what was a grinding, 14 week schedule of travel, Carratos was more like a vacation than almost any other world he visited.

“Commissioner Lokensgaard, my name is Karina,” the Twi’lek who met him said. “Welcome to the Republic Grand. If there’s anything you need…”

“I can think of one or two things,” Fenrir said. “The first being a very hot and long bath.”

“Right this way, Commissioner.”

With a few days on world, Lokensgaard had time to enjoy what Carratos had to offer--and a pleasure world always had plenty to offer. With Karina as his guide, he hit all the high points. There was the Stacked Deck where the Pirates players enjoyed going after practices and games. The Red Dog Pub was another famous (or perhaps infamous?) establishment. At both establishments Fenrir ran up quite the tab as he bought drinks for limmie fans. It was probably not exactly what his expense account was for, but it was part of building a the limmie community here on Carratos. It would help some of these fans feel like they belonged in the Elite League even after their short tenure.

At the end of his bar tour, Fenrir noticed another establishment that seemed to be jumping. “Let’s go there,” he instructed Karina.

For the first time he noticed how the Twi’lek’s eyes, still smiling, slid ever so imperceptibly to another being, a large Shistavanen. There was a shake of the head from the imposing looking being. Suddenly Fenrir was aware of the fact that he might not be drifting through the high life of Carratos completely unaccompanied. He had heard of the gangs on Carratos, especially the one that took a protective interest in the team. The Kryat Dragons? The Star Lizards? Star Dragons, that was it, Lokensgaard thought.

“Cho’s is a little too jumping, I’m afraid,” Karina said pleasantly. “Come, I know somewhere else.”

It was a gentle reminder that Carratos might have achieved prestige by joining the Elite League, but it still had its rough edges.

“Schnitt, a pleasure to see you again,” Fenrir said.

He was being treated to the owner’s box again and team owner Schnitt Polenta took pride in putting on a good show for the Commissioner. The Pirate king’s secretary, one Syrnola Kariz’e, was also on hand to complete the welcome.

“May I introduce Senator Equivoca Ombra?” Polenta said, gesturing to the third occupant of the box.

“Ah, late of the election. My apologies on the loss. There is great honor in being in the arena. I would surely never dare,” Fenrir said, taking the Senator’s hand.

“Thank you Commissioner,” the Balosar said taking his hand, “It’s always an honor to serve your home,” she gave a wry smile. “Could that be the reason the Demons are still in the league? Homeworld team and all that,” she finished with a chuckle, then was interrupted by Schnitt.

“Will the Baro...” The owner stopped himself giving a sideways glance to Fenrir. “Ms. Hei, be arriving?”

Equivoca let go of the Commissioner’s hand. “I don’t believe so, she said she had other matters to attend to,”

“Shame, you’d like her commissioner, very interesting.”

“Yes, interesting,” Equivoca added with a subtle edge in her voice.

Lokensgaard let this exchange pass without remarking on it. Clearly something else was at play here and he wondered exactly what it was. However, he hadn’t gotten as far as he had without some level of knowing when to keep his mouth shut (despite what the Ranger fans might think of him in that regard).

It was well into the middle of the first half before Lokensgaard noticed that something was different. The box was slightly more...subdued than he remembered. Why was that? It came as his eyes casually wandered across the Pirate sideline, which was teeming with the strong play by their side, that he realized that in all his previous visits the box had been more occupied.

There had been a woman with two daughters here before...yes...the Copins. The head coach’s family. Of course they wouldn’t be here now, there was a new coach of the Pirates. It made the owner’s box more sedate...perhaps even boring for such a game like this.

At halftime, Fenrir knew he had to remedy this. He couldn’t allow himself to be bored. That was infamnia.

“I have heard much about the passion of the Pirate fans,” Fenrir said to Schnitt, “but I’ve yet to experience it myself. Would you mind ever so much if I were to wander down to the stands?”

“Of course, of course. Why would I ever deny the Commissioner of the Elite League the opportunity to interact with the best fans in the galaxy?” Schnitt said.

With a Space Dragon or two in tow, Lokensgaard navigated to the stands, searching for a particularly boisterous section. He had heard of the Black Spot, but pretty much all of the stands was a Black Spot here with pockets of blue and orange. Figuring that one section was probably just as good as another, Lokensgaard decided just to take the first empty seat he could find--not that there were many. In all likelihood, the owner was just off getting food. Then again, possession was nine tenths of the law on some planet (he couldn’t remember which), so maybe squatter’s rights would hold.

“Well, this is how we like our Pirates limmie, now isn’t it?” Lokensgaard said as he slid past fans to take the empty seat, referring to the lead that Carratos had over Ralltir.

“Yeah!” one of the fans called out. “Hey, wait. You’re not Bob!”

“Yeah, that’s Bob’s seat!”

“Do you think Bob would mind if I sat here ever so much? Then he’ll get to tell the story of how he let the ELL Commissioner sit in his seat for a while,” Lokensgaard asked.

“You’re not the Commissioner of the Elite League. The Commissioner is all muscles and blonde and stuff.”

Fenrir tamped down a growl that was rising in this throat. Seriously? They didn’t even know what he looked like? “Look, here’s my Holonet page on the League website.” He showed them his handheld datapad.

“That does look like you. Is this one of those joke websites?”

“No, I’m looking at the league site on mine. That’s totally the Commissioner.”

“Well, welcome to the crew, Commissioner! Glad to see you finally decided to watch some good limmie.”

“And oh man, is this a good one! Solo Conference leaders here and the Pirates are blowing them away. Coach Arezzo’s got her system going now. Only taking half a season for it to take hold is great. Usually it takes at least one season, sometimes two, to get a system going.”

“Look, if it wasn’t for the athleticism of the core, like Manx, this team would be spinning its wheels. It’s a terrible system! Copin at least was all about scoring!”

“Scoring? Are you kidding? You seeing this score right now? The system works!”

Fenrir loved it. He didn’t say a word, but let the fan debates wash over him. This was what being was a fan all about. Being so caught up in this world that you could discuss counterfactual arguments about what could have happened, what would happen. But more than that, it was about community. He was reminded of the fact towards the end of the game.

“On your feet Commish,” one of the fans said. “Time for the tradition.”

“What’s that?” Lokensgaard asked.

“You’ll pick it up soon enough.”

What do ya' do with a drunken spacer,
    What do ya' do with a drunken spacer,
    What do ya' do with a drunken spacer early in the morning…

It was easy to fall into the refrain and Lokensgaard did so with gusto, especially the “ear-lie in the morning” part, which was easily his favorite.

When all was said and done, the Pirates had a signature win to their credit and a winning record on the season.

“Limmie is alive and well on Carratos,” Fenrir told the fans as he departed, shaking their hands.

And there was still a whole lot of limmie left.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Runjedirun

25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Goss-Pell Memorial Stadium, O’pahz, Carratos

We step on to the field to a thunderous crowd, and they have every right to be excited. We’re coming off big win against the Lightning and now the Solo conference leaders were in our house, on the grave of the Arcadia. That’s the problem, they’re the strong team and are always high scoring. We’ve fought a shootout earlier this season against the Smugglers and it didn’t turn out well. Do I want to keep winning, yes, do I think we can, I don’t know. We’ve averaged 22 points a game so far, which for us is amazing. Even with that we’re still next to last in our conference. The Mercs and C-Bucs are very strong this season, and I’m not looking forward to facing them back to back. I shake my head, need to take this one game at a time.

With the crowd already riled up it feels like the momentum is already on our side, home field advantage I guess. I stare down another rookie forward Wrehase. It doesn’t feel that long ago I was a rookie in this league. I fought so hard for the Ingbrand Award that year only to not even be nominated, that stung, and drove me forward to get the Salbukk the next year. If we do well enough I could be in the running for another one, but, none of these matter. I’m beginning to sense that this season has slipped away from us. That no matter how hard we fight and no matter how many times we win, were not making the playoffs much less the GC final.

I settle my mind just before the ref starts the play and I take the initiative scooping up the ball and rushing down the field. I hear the crowd behind me as I barely avoid Vigo coming in from the side. Having made my way through the forwards I find myself in the realm of the defenders, Allin’s group. The full back that is now playing left half back had always been a challenge for me, giving me only the smallest of windows to move. Part of me is glad that he’s no longer my marker, but a little worried about how Leigh will stack up against him.

I dump back to Else and duck under Poletin as the large Whipid came charging through to stop my rush. Now I face my true marker, another rookie, a local boy of Ralltirr Leo Fostiir also called Leo the Lion, catchy nickname, wish I had one. I glace over my shoulder to see Else just barely get the pass off to me over the bulky frame of Poletin. I leap up to pull down the ball and manage to get a hand on it. My feet find purchase on the pitch only for me to get put on my back by Fostiir, I thought I shook him. The rookie recovers the fumble and moves the play toward our defensive zone.

Else has no chance of stopping her marker but, in the midfield Marky and Gabby may have better luck with Vigo and Hovechar. My face sours a bit when I realize that the twins apparently didn’t have that much of a chance to stop the Starkillers, when the orange and blue continue their push. The crowd roars as I guess one of the opposing forwards gets tackled by our defenders. I wait anxiously for the ball to come my way, I can see my marker stepping closer. Gabby bursts out of the midfield and passes to Leigh. The young half forward sees Allin coming right at her, thankfully Else is able to out run Poletin to help out.

I break towards the net with lightning speed as Else navigates the zone with possession. A quick pass to Rime and I slow a step waiting for the cross. The Devaronian pump fakes towards the net then sends the ball across the goalmouth. It comes in a little low for a header but, if I time it right I can punch it in. I hold my fist back for just a moment then launch in forward, my knuckles striking against the ball and sending it straight into the net. Stun got a finger on it but not enough to stop the shot. The crowd roars again and I throw my fist into the air. Now let’s see if we can hold this momentum.

I settle into the ‘Iron Cage’ giving Fostiir no room to accept a pass, though I suspect Leigh and Else are having trouble with their marks. We don’t need to win these battles physically we just need to be in the right place, at the right time. Else manages to tip a high pass to her mark forward and I rush to pick it up. My legs pump like mad trying to get under the redirected pass. I snatch the ball and nearly get taken out again by the Full Back. Nara cuts towards the net getting a bit of space on the younger Till. I fire off a long leading pass that makes it to her. She stops quick giving her just a second to send a shot to the goal, before her marker makes the tackle. It comes in low and Stun is there to save it.

With that explosive opening we take and hold the lead for the first half, I gave my all every play. Every tipped pass every rebound I’m there trying to make the play. I make Fostiir’s life as difficult as I can, I wonder if he’s used to forwards being this aggressive in his zone. Our forwards buzz around the zone like mad men and women tying the defense up in their own area for much longer than they would have liked. We don’t completely shut down the Starkillers, the get out and make their own plays against our net. Cutting into our lead here and there, we respond by putting more pressure on them.

We walk off the field for the half with a lead but, not a secure one, the ‘Killers could still come back, and now they have ample motivation. We’re going to need to work hard to keep them at bay. My long hair is dripping with sweat and my breathing is a little labored, I worry I might be overdoing it. I have to push though that, we need a win, if we win here we keep hope alive for a playoff run. There’s still time to turn this around, it starts here. I glace to the defense they seem very composed and not very winded. Maybe we forwards are taking the pressure off them, it’d be great for them to be well rested for the second half, we may need them. Coach Arezzo looks over the offense and nods her head.

“You played well out there,” she says “you stuck to my system and it’s taking its toll on the defense, but it’s also taking a toll on you. Rime, Logan, and Nara you’re out, Vayan, Opechan, and Tian, take their places.” I shoot Rime a worried look, Tian is no go, I’m not even sure why we keep her around, she’s too wishy-washy to be usable in a game.

“Coach,” I start raising my hand, “I don’t know about the rest of my line but, I’ve still got another thirty in me.”

Rime nods in agreement, “We can do this coach, you don’t change midstream.” ‘Iron’ Arezzo’s gaze falls on Nara who also nods.

“Alright, you stay in,” I see Tian’s head lower, I feel a little bad denying her a chance to play but, it’s for the good of the team, “but, I want the reserves on standby.” I gulp down a few cups of Gundarkade and take a few deep breaths. What was all that hellish conditioning coach put us though for if not for this?

The Scallywags give a proper Pirate’s ‘ARRRR’ as we take the field again. I’m a little fatigued but, hearing that puts a fire in me. The people are on our side, our people. That’s the thing I love about our team, the majority are from this planet. Each win is a win for our home. I line up again with Wrehase in front of me. There’s a spark in his eyes, I know that look, they want to make a comeback. That possibility isn’t out of reach but, you’d better believe we’re going to do everything in our power to stop them.

The whistle sounds and the rookie forward swiftly gains possession and blows right past me. Else makes a play but, the Hapan steps right around. What stops the rush is a large Klatooinian taking the young man to the ground. I move forward towards my attacking position. The play follows me and within moments we’re back on the attack throwing shots at the very composed Stun. She stops shot after shot but, the ‘Iron Cage’ had settled in making clearing the zone very difficult. I continue to harass Fostiir holding nothing back but, keeping it clean, the Smugglers game taught me that the refs are serious this year.

Leigh manages to intercept a pass meant for Allin, no mean feat, and she instantly rushes forward making a pass to Rime running a cross pattern. Our former captain makes the shot but, is stopped by the goalie. The rebound comes out at an angle and I change right to it. I have two goals and this will make my second hat trick in two games. I doesn’t take much just a tap towards the empty side of the net, and it’s another three points for the Pirates. Again hats shower down from the stands and ‘Drunken Spacer’ sounds from the crowd. From behind I feel Nara’s rough hand ruffle my hair and Rime puts an arm around my shoulders. It feels like we have turned the corner but, I can’t deny that I’m burning though my energy.

I put these worries out of my mind as I keep the pressure on my mark. I feel a step slower than when I started, the ‘Killers break out of the ‘Cage’ and rush down the field. The sudden charge takes our defense by surprise I guess since I hear the opposing goal horn sound and three points go up for the visitors. Get on the ball defense, we need you to hold this lead. The ball remains tied up in our zone for a while and I being to worry, there’s still time for them to make it back robbing us of back to back wins.

Eventually the defense breaks out and we’re back on the attack. Again I drive at the net ready for a pass or rebound. Leigh makes a bar point, then Seiji picks off a pass and makes another one. With the momentum regained we hold control for the rest of the game, but for each minute we hold possession in their zone the more I feel drained. I’d given my all this game but, so did everyone else. The scores showed just how hard we played. The Starkillers were no pushovers yet we won by a good margin, I had to laugh a little, who would have saw this coming, the second to last team in the Skywalker, beating the leader of the Solo. I walk thought the hand shake line a little winded and light headed, I’m going to need a good rest after this.

I sit in front of my stall and let everyone leave before me, we did it, we won two in a row. I get up to start putting things away and my legs wobble a bit, I think it’s just a bit of fatigue setting in but, then I feel my legs get weak,

“Oh, no” I say throwing my hands out in front of me, grasping the small bar in my stall before my legs crumple beneath me. A few objects fall onto the bench making a racket, I hope everyone is gone. Then I hear footsteps coming, please let it be sis. I look to the door way and my wish comes true as sis comes walking though.

“What happened,” she says concerned. She rushes forward and stands next to me.

“Well I was getting ready to leave and my legs had other ideas.” She put an arm around my shoulders and I put one arm around hers, keeping my other hand wrapped tightly around the bar.

“Alright,” She starts blowing a lock of hair out of her eyes, “On three, let go and grab on to me.” I nod my head in agreement. “One, two, three” I let go and put the rest of my weight onto sis’s shoulders. I may have done it too soon, or she isn’t ready but, instead of taking my weight, we both fell to the ground in a mess of bodies and limbs. At the end of it I’m staring down into her eyes with one arm trapped under her head and the other is holding up my torso, hand planted close to her head. I’m breathing heavily and so is she. It takes a few moments for us to process this and in that time more footsteps reach our ears. I look down and realize this is a rather compromising position to be found in. I scramble to get off of the doctor but, apparently my coordination has left me as well, making the situation worse.

Please not her,’ I think moving my gaze towards the doorway, ‘let it be Leigh or Coach Arezzo, or even Rin, anyone but Mikia.’ My eyes settle on the opening just in time to see Mikia’s blue eyes go wide, and her mouth hang open in disbelief.

“This isn’t what it looks like,” I shout struggling to extricate myself, Acha eventually pushes me off and I begin crawling towards the now empty doorway, “Please Mikia, I can explain.” It’s too late, she’s already gone. Tears fall from my eyes, this was never supposed to happen. I slam my fist into the ground, and hiss at my legs, “Damn you legs, why now, why did it have to be right now.”

Sis eventually gets me onto a stretcher and to the medcenter. Afterwards I try to call Mikia, I need to explain this, pride or no, I need to tell her, I can’t lose her, not like this. When she doesn’t answer I throw the commlink against the wall shattering it. More tears fall from my eyes, I fear I may have just lost the woman I love, all for my selfish pride.

TAG: Runjedirun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.