main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx
    Rwookrrorro, Kashyyyk

Bargaining
    I have my eyes closed in the bacta tank. The somewhat muted noises and floating sensation makes it a near perfect time to think, and I have a lot to think about, we’re closing in on the last game of the regular season, and this game is our last hope to reach the post season. And it just had to be the Wookiees, well technically Wookiees and Trandoshans, either way it wasn’t going to be fun, this is going to be a hard fight. I begin the think about whether or not I’ll be able to make it through the post season if we reach it. Sis says I’m going downhill fast I may not have as much time as I thought.

What would I give up to have my legs for just one more season? If I had just one more season, I’d have another shot at making it to the Galactic Cup Final then I can retire at the top of my game. Years of my life, definitely, if I could trade all my years after playing limmie for one or two more of playing, I would in a heartbeat. All my money and possessions, I would have done that already if there was any hope that I would see results before I had to stop playing. Mikia, would I give up all my time, and any future with the woman I love to play the sport I love. If some otherworldly being, some powerful entity, gave me this choice, to trade Mikia for limmie, I…I don’t know what I would do. Right now I think I’d do just about anything to get my legs back.

There was one more thing I could give up, limmie itself. Another difficult choice, I want my legs back to keep playing limmie but, if I had to stop playing to walk for the rest of my life…again I don’t know what I’d do. Though I know in my desperation to not be an invalid I would give up anything I had to so that the galaxy wouldn’t look down on me. The thought makes me sick, the once great Logan Manx confided to a hoverchair for the rest of his life, I’d be on the cover of every tabloid from Carratos to Nar Shaddaa. I’d be held up as some freak, something to be laughed at, or worse pitied. That’s what I’d do anything to avoid, a future were I’m pitied, I don’t need it.

I open my eyes and, for the first time in my life, Mikia’s brown eyes are looking back at me though the tank. Even through all the distortion of the liquid and trasperasteel, I can see her smile, not an ounce of shame or pity in her face. How could I give her up for a game? I couldn’t do that, in this moment I’d give up my whole career, all my accolades, everything I am now, just to walk with her for the rest of my life. I look at the time, and move to the top of the tank. Coming out I hear Mikia say,

“You ready to beat some Wookiees and Trandoshans,”

I look down smiling, “With you backing me up I’d take on the entire ELL all at once.”

“Let’s take it one at a time Logan.”

“If you say so,” I climb down and get dressed, Mikia and I walk out of the medcenter holding hands making our way to Kabukk Stadium.

I lace up my cleats and look up at coach Arezzo, she bent for once in her life and agreed to let me play for more than ten minutes this game. Maybe she realizes that this is our last chance to make the playoffs, which sucks, because if we were in the Solo everything would be fine, we’d be holding on to the last playoff spot. I think the team sees it too all I see are grim stares and nervous looks. I stand up and look out over them,

“Guys listen up,” I say clapping my hands, “This is our last chance to make the playoffs, let’s give this everything we’ve got.” I could feel the fire burning behind my eyes. I clench my fist, “Let’s get that last playoff spot and go home.” A resounding cheer fills the locker room, as I lead the team onto the field.

I face off against Grika, we all know we can’t take these players by force, I’m going to have to break ‘Iron’ Arezzo’s rule one, follow the playbook. The ‘Iron Cage’ will be torn to shreds against a team like this. We’ll need to play smart and quick, try to get around them, use quick passes, that’s going to be difficult to communicate during the game, and without coach Arezzo noticing. The taller stronger players rush through us and clash with our defenders. Rhodri manages to hold up Grika forcing her to pass behind. Out of nowhere Marcus jumps up and picks off the pass. After a fast move around the other attackers he makes an even faster pass to his sister.

Seems the team had the same thought I had, frell the playbook we need a win. I drop back a step to take another quick pass from Leigh. I have to duck quickly under the sweeping arms of Greyyura, to get even in sight of the goal. Now I just have to get past a large goaltender. In that instant Nara gets free from Khrussk, that would make it easy. I throw a blind pass at head height, ever since becoming captain I’d made an effort to work on my passes. The somewhat off target pass is still just good enough for her redirect it off her head and into the back of the net.

I rush forward and rub my palm on her forehead, she softly punches me in the stomach. We don’t have a lot of time to celebrate before Grorwaa is ready for the throw in. We have little chance of picking off the pass or tackling the receiver given the opposition’s advantage in height and size. The only thing we can do to harass them try and put them off their game a little, and hope for the best. This strategy works as well as one would expect, not at all. And out joy at making the first goal is taken away by a tying shot that blew right past Qazi.

The Rangers being to play keep away with our defenders again using their towering frames to dominate the field, that is until they pass back to Lowbook who’s promptly brought to the ground by Rhodri. Poine moves swiftly to recover the miraculous fumble forced by our Klatooinian half back. She passes up to Marky as he put a spin move on Pekt to get the space he needs to rush into the offensive zone. The male half of our midfield siblings makes a crisp bounce pass around Frorwaa to Else. She runs forward putting more distance between her and her marker. Her gaze passes from Rime to me to Nara, looking for a pass. I swing my hand in a chopping motion pointing towards the goal, hopefully conveying that she should go for the goal.

Else continues to charge forward before drop kicking the ball right to the top corner. The shot is fast hard, and accurate, just what I’d expect from our sniper. Unfortunately it’s not enough to get past the goalie, who’s large hands completely envelope the ball and pull it back down. Instantly I start backpedaling trying to keep myself between Greyyura and the goal. When I see the throw in coming to my mark, I leap up with everything I’ve got stretching my arm up as much as I can, so much so I can feel the muscles in my shoulder strain. My hand finds purchase on the surface of the ball and I find myself in a state of disbelief, did I just pick off a pass between two Wookiees. I don’t stop to consider my position any further before sending the ball right back where it came from namely the waiting arms of Grorwaa.

The rest of the half is a grinding excise in futility, every time we get close to scoring their goalie is right there. And the Ranger’s took and grew the lead. Saying that us starters were wiped out, is an understatement, we are half dead. I don’t think we can go another thirty with this team, but that also means putting the wildcard Tian in the mix which is always a risk. Right now she seems rather calm and sedate, with a giant smile on her face but, her play runs hot and cold and I can’t tell if she’s ready for a hot streak or a slump.

It doesn’t really matter since it isn’t my choice to make, ‘Iron’ Arezzo steps out and puts all the reserves in giving all of us starters, except for Seiji, a rest for the second half. I begin to stele myself for a blowout. Nothing against our backups but, none of them have seen much playing time this season, so I’m worried there might be a little rust on them, but, I question if it’d be any better with us worn out starters in their place. I look to Bel and Kala the two towering defenders that had been watching from the sidelines even after their stand out performances last season with everything coach Copin put them through. I catch Tian also looking their way. It’s no secret that there’s something going on between the Pantorian and Kerestian but, no one could put their finger on what exactly what.

I sit on the bench and watch the game unfold, it’s a bit of a trial by fire for Vahva the proud grad of O’pahz University, the ‘Arachnids’, this is her debut and it comes against one of the most physically challenging teams in the league. She puts up a good fight, she can’t go toe-to-toe with Fulwob but she does have the skills to get in the way and break up the play. Through it all she never lost the grace she displayed when accepting the jersey from Schnitt. Bel and Kala did go one on one with their marks and did a rather good job at holding them at bay.

With all this time my mind wonders back to the question I asked myself in the tank, what would I give up to keep playing? How much do I want to keep doing this? I look down the bench to Mikia her shoulder length hair pulled into a ponytail, it’s a utilitarian style but, I think she makes it look good. She smiles at me then returns to cheering the reserves on, my heart lightens a bit. I realize that I would give up everything, limmie, my life, my wealth, everything, just to be able to walk with her for the rest of my life. Deep down I know it’ll never happen, my legs are going nothing I can do about it, nothing I can give to stop it but, maybe that doesn’t matter, if I still have her maybe everything will be alright.

The game ends with another loss but, the reserves made a valiant effort and kept it somewhat close, with Vayan making another goal. Before entering the handshake line I tell every player that they played their best, that there they had nothing to be ashamed of. We board the shuttle and head back home for the last game of our season at least, I let out a deep sigh, this year is finally drawing to a close, and I have a big decision to make.

TAG: No One

2. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Kelly Telaam
    Meshla'Vhetin

"Goalie left the box! Goalie left the box," John bellowed in her ear. Kelly was down near midfield. She hadn't seen what had occured but did see the dust rising from the impact. The game was knotted at 19 and both Mercs and Smugglers fans knew this one would come down to the wire. She blew the whistle causign a stoppage in play.

"You sure?" Kelly asked.

"Positive. Sending you the field view now," John said.

Kelly's datapad vibrated and she hit a button that played the video of Sarah Connor charging out of the box and laying a punshing hit on Mick Steele who'd beaten the defensive coverage. She was clearly beyond the painted line. That would result in a penalty kick. A chance for Steele to score the winning points.

She turned to face the crowd. Turned to face her judgement. Turned to face the hate that was about to be unleashed in the tense game environment.

"Penalty, Sarah Connor, charging a defending player outside of the goalbox. The result is a penalty kick," Sarah explained.

Boos. Endless boos. The Mandalorians were absolutely pissed off. She checked herself for any laser sights that had suddenly locked onto her body but none appeared. They knew better than to publicly kill an official of the Elite League, or did they? Kelly shuddered as she remembered the very public execution of a certain Ssi'Ruuk leader during that brief war with the Imperium.

Kelly placed the ball on the correct marker and stepped back. Mick fired. Connor missed her opportunity to deflect the ball.

Smugglers won.

/hr][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]Royal Limmie Grounds[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]Hapes[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]"They have changed the nature of the game," Kelly explained to her crew prior to the start of the match with the Hapes C-Bucs. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]"They have men on their team now. This squad is disciplined. You're not going to see a lot of flagrant hits. You're not going to see sucker punches or chop blocks. They want to win by finesse. Keep yourselves alert out there," Kelly instructed as the pre-game warmups drew to their natural conclusion. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]"Do they have much to play for?" Vlad asked as Kelly headed down to midfield. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times][SIZE=14px][SIZE=4]"The Smugglers? Oh yeah. The C-Bucs? That remains to be seen," Kelly replied as she blew the whistle signaling the start of the final clash in the Skywalker Conference for the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=14px][B][SIZE=4]Tag:[USER=1358695]Bardan_Jusik[/USER] (clean up action from last week), [USER=1366766]jcgoble3[/USER] (brief mention of your team)[/SIZE][/B][/SIZE]
    [I][/I]

3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

First off, All-Star Game nominees are due by the end of the day. The ballot will be released tomorrow...sometime.

Secondly, tomorrow begins season award nominations. These will run through September 27 with voting September 28 through October 4.

Third, bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

Fourth...

281 Week Results
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates (12-16)
    Chandrila Patriots at Ylesia Lightning (5-13)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (19-23)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Denon Demons (5-15)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (29-12)
    Coruscant Senators at Mando'ade Mercs (32-22)

Final Standings
    Skywalker Conference
    • Hapes Consortium Buccaneers [jcgoble3, Tendra Nalo (player)] (8-3, conf. 4-1)
    • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers [Vehn, Kelly Telaam (refereee)] (8-3, conf. 3-2)
    • Coruscant Senators [Jedi Gunny, Briar Thorne (general manager)/Sullivan Remington (stadium janitor)] (7-4, conf. 3-2)
    • Carratos Pirates [galactic-vagabond422, Logan Manx (player)] (6-5, conf. 1-4)
    • Mando'ade Mercs [Bardan_Jusik, Randy "the rancor"/Justin Pitt (sportscasters)] (6-5, conf. 1-4)
    • Chandrila Patriots (4-7, conf. 3-2)
    Solo Conference
    • Bakura Miners [Trieste, Fenrir Lokensgaard (league commissioner)] (7-4, conf. 4-1)
    • Ralltiir Starkillers [Runjedirun, Tomas Vigo (blogger & waterboy)] (5-6, conf. 3-2)
    • Denon Demons (4-7, conf. 2-3)
    • Ylesia Lightning [Rebecca_Daniels, Mirik Chal (general manager)/Zoa Vra (player)] (4-7, conf. 2-3)
    • Kashyyyk Rangers (4-7, conf. 1-4)
    • Rydonni Prime Monarchs [CPL_Macja, Romo Benedict Crowley III (head coach)/Vesper Lynd (owner)] (3-8, conf. 3-2)
    Tiebreaks:
    • Carratos defeated Mando'ade in head-to-head play in Week 8
    • Denon defeated Ylesia in head-to-head play in Week 10
    Galactic Cup Playoffs
    Conference Semifinals
    (3) Coruscant Senators at (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    (3) Denon Demons at (2) Ralltiir Starkillers

Conference Finals
    ??? at (1) Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    ??? at (1) Bakura Miners

Draft Order, Non-Playoff Teams
    1. Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    2. Mando'ade Mercs
    3. Carratos Pirates
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Vehn like this.
  4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus rolls for: Druckenwell (28) and Thyferra (28)

Futures Cup Playoffs

Round One
    Stensky Conference
    (4) Eriadu Thunder @ (3) Druckenwell Marksmen (6-13)
    Grames Conference
    (4) Thyferra Force @ (3) Byblos Red Wings (7-3)

Round Two (next week)
    Stensky Conference
    (3) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (2) Gallinore Firedrakes
    Grames Conference
    (4) Thyferra Force @ (2) Concordia Crusaders

Tags: Rebecca_Daniels Vehn Jedi Gunny @CPL jcgoble3 Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3, Jedi Gunny and Vehn like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard to attend Solo Conference Semifinal on Ralltiir, Skywalker Conference Final on Hapes
    • Deputy Commissioner Gondorf to attend Skywalker Conference Semifinal on Nar Shaddaa and Solo Conference Final on Bakura
    • Miners Deenver, Alesh, Zonka, Trieste, Wizmark, Comstock, Pic, and Penn all sat in second half of loss to Carratos
    • Miner postgame comments
      • Valerii on not playing starters in the second half and missing potential opportunity to take the Commissioner's Trophy: "We didn't have the flow I wanted going and I wasn't willing to risk injuries. If I'd had known Hapes was going to go down later in the day...I dunno. Maybe. But at the end of the day we're talking about a difference between home field standing and visiting team standing at a neutral site venue...it's not worth losing a key player"
      • Red on getting first playing minutes with fellow Helsman nominee Bourdogny: "We worked well together out there, I think. We had to get a feel for each other, but I felt comfortable with him"
      • Bourdogny on playing with Red: "It was great"
      • Valerii: "Jolla will definitely start. We'll see how our two weeks of practice go on who we put next to her"
      • Zonka answer to question "Are you a sentient being": "I'm just here so I don't get fined"
      • Cundertol: "First in the conference after losing a franchise player is good. A Galactic Cup is better"
    • HSN releases 282 Draft Rankings of top declared players
    Goalkeeper
    1. Cliff Tuff (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, Ralltiir University)
    2. Kass Dar (Zabrak, Male, Goalkeeper, University of Iridonia)
    3. Sabe Dume (Twi'lek, Female, Goalkeeper, University of Shili)
    Defender
    1. Ame'shepa'sabosen (Chiss, Male, Defensive Back, University of Csilla)
    2. Lando Lakes (Human, Male, Half Back, Eriadu Tech)
    3. Aaltoides Minte (Chagrian, Male, Full Back, Republican University)
    4. Roc Mynus (Devaronian, Male, Corner Back, Verena City College, Kirima)
    5. Toyo Sikota (Human, Male, Half Back, Druckenwell Technical University)
    6. Narsk Ka’hun (Bothan, Male, Full Back, Le’Roch University, Krant)
    7. Martia Paak, (Human [Mandalorian], Female, Half Back, Keldabe Military Institute)
    8. Nolen Riian (Lasat, Male, Half Back, Ralltiir University)
    9. Chai'tea (Miraluka, Female, Corner Back, University of Devaron)
    10. Karis Lessev (Human, Female, Corner Back, University of Ank Kit’aar)
    11. Linus "the Blanket" van Pelt (Human, Male, Corner Back, University of Bakura, Gesco City)
    Midfielder
    1. Lucy van Pelt (Human, Female, Midfielder, Cloud City University)
    2. Kioan Vilnius (Human, Female, Midfielder, Bakura Fleet Academy)
    3. Soi'nya (Zeltron, Female, Midfielder, University of Zeltros)
    Forwards
    1. Charles Brown (Human, Male, Half Forward, The Ord Sabaok University)
    2. Anti Barbuda (Human, Male, Corner/Full Forward, University of Bakura, Cape Suzette)
    3. Seemee Plabol (Twi'lek, Female, Half Forward, University of Tatooine)
    4. Turk Caiocos (Human, Male, Corner Forward, Prytis College of Natural Sciences)
    5. Pean'snoop'uts "Snoopy" (Shistavanen, Male, Corner Forward, The Ord Sabaok University)
    6. Hela Montego (Twi'lek, Female, Forward, Vertical City University)
    7. James Underwood (Human, Male, Forward, Brentaal College of Commerce)
    8. Vobal Kennick (Devaronian, Male, Half Forward, Coruscant Polytechnic Institute)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 (with whom I discussed second half starters sitting prior to these headlines) jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Runjedirun likes this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar Thorne
    Mandalore

In a game for all the marbles, both teams had come out swinging in the early goings of the game. And Briar had expected nothing less from the Mercs. In her time with the Miners, she had gained a great deal of respect for the other team’s tenacity. Although the number of Mandos on their roster had dwindled over the years due to retirements, the Mercs still played with that kind of pluck and grit that their fans seemed to enjoy immensely. And it was very difficult to come into their stadium, where the noise was absolutely deafening, to try and pick up a win. Home field advantage didn’t really exist in the Elite League, because literally anything could happen, but this was easily one of the hardest places to play for a visiting team.

But the Senators also came out with fire. The Mercs had been slowed by injuries, especially to starting goalie Mij Katan. Sarah Connor, the former Senator, was in goal for the second-straight year against the Senators. She had been an utter failure in the Senator system in her rookie season, and Briar hadn’t hesitated to flip her in a package for a first-round pick that turned out to be Eddie Munster. While Connor certainly had talent, Briar vastly preferred Munster in her organization’s system. The Shistavanen half back had stepped in for the first game of the season after incumbent Patricia Meter had torn a ligament in her leg in the preseason, and had proceeded to put in a solid effort. Besides, she thought, Connor would have likely been a backup on Coruscant behind Camille Montes, which also made Munster more preferable due to his utility as a defender. Other injuries had slowed the Mercs, but the Senators had also been dealing with a share of injuries. Meter had been out for the year, but Jamee Meels was missing another game with a leg injury, so half back depth was thin. With Melina Havlock having to start for Meels, the only reserves the Senators had behind the starters were second-year back Chestnut Reeser, who didn’t see a lot of playing time normally, and rookies Walter Paitone and Conar Kraft, who had played just a handful of games at this level combined. And that didn’t even begin to mention Leia Adama’s injuries that had kept her out half the season and limited her utility the rest of the time. So both teams had a reason to fret going into this game.

The game wasn’t pretty by either defense. The Senator forwards, coming off a blistering performance against Ralltiir, still had some juice left in the tank this week. With Adama performing spot duty off the bench while she struggled to get healthy, the other forwards had to take the brunt of the action. But they managed to keep the fire going, with Zuzu Nuun showing why she had been the Ingbrand winner the prior year. She and Adama made for a potent 1-2 punch, and without Adama on the field, it fell on the second-year pro to pick up the slack. She didn’t always play a pretty game, because turnovers could still be a problem for her, but her talent was unmistakable. If Adama was to ever leave the Senators, they had a backup plan in Nuun who fortunately wasn’t so closely associated with another organization that she felt pressure to return home to continue the legacy. That was the problem with Adama, and knowing that this might be the last time she ever saw Adama on her team made Briar anxious. The better Adama did, the more money she might want in the offseason . . . and the more of a push the Miners might make to sign her if she was willing to go home. Even if the season didn’t end here today, the Adama contract situation would still be kicking around, just pushed off one more week. At some point it would have to be addressed.

The game was close at the half. The Mercs were putting plenty of pressure on the Senator defense as well, which had gotten Camille Montes back from injury. Montes looked rusty, but the Mercs were good. They had plenty of offensive weapons to rely on, so the Senator defense had their work cut out for them. At one point Coach Carelle had to pull Munster from the field after he made a huge mistake leading to a score. Giving the big man a break let Kraft get a chance to see the field, but there was also a chance should the defense be exposed like this in the playoffs, should the team make it, that other defensive backs would be seen at the half back spot. After all, the Senators had plenty of corner back depth, with Rickard Herman and Kelly Vurgess wasting away as reserves behind the Gamble-Keisel duo. Perhaps one of them could fill in, Briar mused. Herman had the competitive juices to make plays, and Vurgess had some starting experience and the ability to play all three defensive positions. Even Cannon Mallonn could fill in if necessary, so depth was there, just not in the form of pure half backs. Maybe depth would need to be addressed in the offseason . . .

Oh yes, the offseason. Another thing that was now getting under Briar’s skin. She had no idea what the offseason would bring, but she hoped it wouldn’t be anything that would destroy what she had built her in just two seasons. A new owner could throw everything out the window, and she could not afford that. This was her big chance to test herself, and she didn’t want to let it get by her without a fight.

By the late minutes, the Senators finally found a way to pull away. It hadn’t been easy, but they found enough in the tank to get past a scrappy Mercs squad. When the final horn blared, the Senators knew that they had advanced to the playoffs. The players looked jubilant down on the sidelines, and it was good to see that. After all, the offseason could also impact them just as much as it did Briar, so their futures were also potentially up in the air. Thus, they had to enjoy things now while they could before a cold, hard reality might set in later. Nuun had scored a hat trick on the day, finishing with 18 goals on the season. Natasha Ehlers finished the year with 16 goals and over 50 points scored, providing a strong presence behind Nuun to make up for Adama’s absence. The team captain, who had found space enough to score three bar points, had cracked the double-digit mark on the season, but hadn’t gotten much past it. It had been a lost season for her in that vein, but having her on the field was still vital for a team needing her leadership and natural scoring abilities.

Now that the playoff spot was locked up, it was on to Nar Shaddaa. The Senators had looked strong on the road this season, including a hard-fought win over the Smugglers in their trip there during the season. But the playoffs were a whole different animal; the Smugglers always knew how to defy the odds, and they would be out for blood. So things wouldn’t be easy for the Senators going into another hostile environment. If they managed to get past the Smugglers, the C-Bucs waited with their Commissioner’s Trophy and home field advantage. The C-Bucs had won the game in Week One, so the Senators wanted to get revenge on them for that loss. Then it would be on to the Galactic Cup . . . but all of that was moot if they couldn’t finish business in the playoffs. The big loss to Ylesia last season in the Solo Semifinals was still fresh in many of the players’ minds, and they wanted to make up for that flop this season. Also working against the Senators was their five-game losing streak in playoff games, their last win coming in 273 when current defensive coordinator Pamila Korthe was the head coach. That drought had to be ended this season, or else these big wins would be meaningless. At some point the team had to break through and pick up a win in the postseason.

There was plenty of work to be done yet.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik (for this week), Vehn (for next week)

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    College Playoffs

RAAC-14 Championship:

35 Laswell College of the Sciences vs. Enarch Technical University 38

Rim Ten Championship:

21 Royal College of Hapes vs. Balmorra State University 25

Chiss Athletic Association Champion:

Chiss Ascendancy University, Pesfavri

Big 20 Conference Semifinals:

Rimward:

31 University of Rattatak vs. Sanctuary Moon University (Endor) 19

Coreward:

21 University of Zeltros, Paradise vs. University of Zeltros 19

12 University of Zeltros, Paradise vs. University of Rattatak 22

SEC Semifinals:

13 Garqi State University vs. Taanab A&M University 32

37 Imperial College of Bastion vs. Cathar Technical College 6

13 Imperial College of Bastion vs. Taanab A&M 35

O-10 Championship:

21 Tipoca City College (Kamino) vs. Technical Institute of Jakku 24

KAAC Champion:

Chewbacca College

Bak10 Champion:

Bakuran Fleet Academy

Super 16 Playoffs:

11 Valorum University at Cinnagar Imperial College 26
    16 Republican University at National University 15

27 College of Fondordelphia at University of Kuat 7
    2 Coruscant Polytechnic Institute at Duro State University 20

2 Republican University vs. Cinnagar Imperial College 24

27 College of Fondordelphia vs. Duro State University 14

Super 16 Championship:

20 College of Fondordelphia vs. Cinnagar Imperial College 36

Playoff Bracket:

First Round:

University of Devaron (Independent) vs. Imperial College of Bastion (SEC #2)
    Garqi State University (SEC #3) vs. Royal College of Hapes (Rim 10 #2)

Round of 12:

University of Zeltros, Paradise (Big 20#2) vs. Chewbacca College (KAAC Winner)
    College of Fondordelphia (S16 #2) vs. University of Rattatak (Big 20 Winner)
    TBD Game 1 vs. Chiss Ascendancy University, Pesfavri (CAA Winner)
    TBD Game 2 vs. Enarch Technical University (RAAC-14 Winner)

Quarterfinals:

Cinnagar Imperial College (S16 Winner) vs. Bakuran Fleet Academy (Bak10 Winner)
    Taanab A&M University (SEC Winner) vs. Balmorra State University (Rim 10 Winner)
    UZP/CC Winner vs. TBD Game 1/CAUP Winner
    CF/UR Winner vs. TBD Game 2/ETU Winner

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Gentlebeings, this is your 281 ELL All-Star Game ballot. As a reminder, please do not vote for your own players. This is not the Bretheren Court of pirates. :p

But this is:

Anyways, if you don't like your nominees, then remember to send in your nominees next season. ;)

Skywalker Conference
    Head Coach (vote for 1)
    • Beanne Arezzo (Carratos Pirates)
    • Leota Avoy (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Peet Carelle (Coruscant Senators)
    • Reina Kether (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Ryi Kor'le (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Goalkeeper (vote for 1)
    • Charlie Blackwood (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Kenrey Gatras (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Qazi Hameeduddin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Mij Katan (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Camille Montes (Coruscant Senators)
    • Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)
    Defender (vote for 3)
    • Miles Abreggado (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Ugdulo Borr (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Michelle Doss (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Brian Ebelin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)
    • Girola Gundor (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Kelman Kint (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Anna Konder (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Tuvaash Mauntak (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Klay Mettews (Coruscant Senators)
    • Eddie Munster (Coruscant Senators)
    • Wilhuff Nexrus (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Paul Rooker (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Mikia Sandin (Carratos Pirates)
    • Eponette Ternardiel (Carratos Pirates)
    • Ike Tullo (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Zelena WIles (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Midfielder (vote for 1)
    • Norran Findal (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Argo Mor'kesh (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Maddy Swann (Corsucant Senators)
    • Marcus Teaic (Carratos Pirates)
    • Sharsy Wenips (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Forward (vote for 3)
    • Fu Arock (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Natasha Ehlers (Coruscant Senators)
    • Lorbey Fre'lon (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Nara Hosok (Carratos Pirates)
    • Lorem Ipsum (Chandrila Patriots)
    • La'Bron Jaing (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Avano Koobis (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Shady Lereoux (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Logan Manx (Carratos Pirates)
    • Renee Matisse (Chandrila Patriots)
    • Peter Michell (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Zuzu Nuun (Coruscant Senators)
    • Vail Pin (Coruscant Senators)
    • Else Reppen (Carratos Pirates)
    • Mick Steele (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Solo Conference
    Head Coach (vote for 1)
    • Romo Benedict Crowley (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Loren Jul (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Kyril Lopaki (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Edgar Mevers (Denon Demons)
    • Quoiswa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Goalkeeper (vote for 1)
    • Lizbit Comstock (Bakura Miners)
    • Grorwaa (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Oss'irh'cgood (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Kaat Stun (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Kasin Urdaaza (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Ware Vulf (Denon Demons)
    Defender (vote for 3)
    • Ty Allin (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Izez Danan (Denon Demons)
    • Leo Fostiir (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Aley Helios (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Taktak Joba (Denon Demons)
    • Liss (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Fanal Ollai (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Ossk (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Horst Penn (Bakura Miners)
    • Liddy Powe (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Rakcheen (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Shakha (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Bella Starr (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Noah Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Lisbith Tobin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Falene Trieste (Bakura Miners)
    • Sugnok Umanh (Denon Demons)
    • Nelly Wizmark (Bakura Miners)
    Midfielder (vote for 1)
    • Xander Darkrider (Denon Demons)
    • Pekt (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Jolla Pic (Bakura Miners)
    • Severine (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Prya Tiin (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Bat Vigo (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Forward (vote for 3)
    • Maggie Adams (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Morgan Alesh (Bakura Miners)
    • Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)
    • Vicki Devine (Denon Demons)
    • Yolana Dunerider (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Guido Forkes (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Frokabukk (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Grika (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Li Roy Jinkins (Denon Demons)
    • Krad (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Lowbook (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Megan Meeks (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Olle Quiver (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    • Kara Suryesh (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    • Aryan Twig (Denon Demons)
    • Zoa Vra (Ylesia Lightning)
    • Gary Zonka (Bakura Miners)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx
    O’Pahz, Carratos

Acceptance

I open my eyes inside the bacta tank to find Mikia is not there, she was when I closed them. I check the time and see I should probably get out. This, my last bacta treatment, has given me time to put things in perspective and go over my choices for the past season, the good and the bad. I find myself honestly at peace with my condition. Sure the Pirates current predicament has me a little angry, win or lose this game means nothing, the Miners go on to the playoffs and we don’t. But other than that, I find my heart has calmed at the thought of this being my last game. Though no one outside of coach Arezzo, Acha, Leigh, and Mikia know that.

I climb out, dry off and get dressed. “Did Mikia leave already?” I ask Acha, the only other person in the room.

“Yeah, she said she had some things to take care of before the game.” The doctor answers,

“Oh…” I slip my hand into my pants pocket and find something is missing, my heart begins to race and my hands start search frantically, checking all my pockets and area around me.

“Looking for this,” Acha holds up a small black box, “You really should be more careful with it.”

I rush forward and take it gently from her hand, “Mikia didn’t see it did she?”

“I don’t think so Bro I put it in my coat the second I saw it.” I put the box back in my pocket and move toward the door, “Hey Bro,” Acha calls out, I stop in the doorway, “I hope everything goes well for you.”

“I hope so too,” with that I leave the medcenter heading to the stadium, I have one more game to play.

I put the box in my stall under a towel and get changed into my jersey. Everyone is doing their pre-game rituals but, there’s also a dark cloud over everything, everyone’s shoulders seem slumped. This won’t do,

“Hey guys,” I say getting everyone’s attention, “I know this situation sucks, I know we should be playing for a playoff spot today but, that’s not the way things shaked out for us. Let’s use that frustration to go out there and give the Miners and early playoff game. Make them have to take a rest week.” The room responds with a loud ‘ARRRRR’ and I lead my onto the field one last time, and that doesn’t bother me as much as I thought it would.

I line up across from ‘Don’t Get Fined’ Zonka and grit my teeth. I am serious about treating this like a playoff game, and I plan to play the best limmie I can. The ref starts the match and I get the drop on Zonka quickly pushing through the Miners defensive zone. Trieste stands tall in my path, I glace behind to find Else but see a flash of gold and blue. I give a look to my left, and then to the right. I make my decision and throw behind me to the right, directly to Leigh. Without possession I step quickly around Trieste, and move towards the goal. Penn steps up to cover me, and I battle with him for position. Rime comes storming in from the right, I take this moment to slip behind Penn and get open for the cross.

The pass is another textbook head height pass, this one is mine. The instant before I make contact I hear the crowd roar behind me, they know it too. I throw my head forward sending the ball to the right side of the net , right over Comstock. An almost deafening Pirate ‘ARRRR’ descends from the stands. I give Rime a tumbs up and look over my shoulder just in time to see Nara approaching. She quickly rubs her rough palm into my forehead. The celebration ends quickly as Comstock prepares to throw in. I stick to Penn like his jersey, giving him no room. The Human goalie scans the field then throws over and behind me.

I hear the crowd roar again and I look to see Else barreling down, ball in hand. I break to the right, away from my marker and call for a pass. I receive the pass but, can’t turn around and have a shrinking window to do anything. With only one option really I make a hard turning kick towards the goal that is easily stopped. As we reset I can see that these two quick attacks have put the Miners a little off balance. If they were expecting an easy game today, they came on the wrong day to the wrong planet.

We settle into the ‘Iron Cage’, it feels oddly comforting to still be using the same game plan for the whole season, only time since our first season that’s happen. Not to say that the off the wall strategies coach Copin came up with towards the end weren’t fun, but, they didn’t really win us games. The ‘Cage’ had won us plenty of games, but not enough to get us to the playoffs. I try to banish that thought from my mind, I need to focus on what I’m doing now, not what I want to be doing. It takes some work but, I bring myself back to the task at hand.

Us forwards continue to harass the defense every chance we get. We don’t let up, we’re playing the ‘Cage’ to the hilt. They’re going to work for this win. Out of nowhere Seiji tackles Wizmark forcing a fumble that Gabby quickly scoops it up and throws it toward Nara. Our Weequay forward drives to the net and makes a hard shot that is stopped, but the rebound comes out to me. I bash the ball towards the net desperate for a two goal lead. Comstock recovers faster than I expected and makes the second stop holding onto the ball. I reset rather disappointed, I can tell the crowd is as well.

The rest of the half plays out with the Miners tying the score and us taking back the lead before a defensive struggle settles in putting a freeze to scoring. The ‘Iron Cage’ harries the Miner defense preventing them from leaving their zone for long periods of time. When they do break through our defense clamps down hard. This aggressive fore and back checking keep the opposition under wraps but, we make no more progress on our lead, seems the Miners defense has figured it out. We walk off the field with a one goal lead, not really enough of a cushion to sit back and just play defense.

In the locker room I lean my head back smiling. Once again the leaders of the Solo had come to town and now were trialing us. That is an achievement in and of itself, doesn’t matter if we’re down and out. Reminds me of the first game we played against the Mercs during our disastrous first season. We had no chance of making the playoffs but, the Mercs were on the bubble. I don’t think anyone expected us to win that game, our play up to that time had been rather lackluster and the Mercs were always a force to be reckoned with, maybe that drove us forward.

Sadly even if we win the Miners still go to the playoffs, I doubt they’d even lose their spot in the standings. I meant what I said though just because this game doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of things doesn’t mean we just sit back and let it happen. I no longer intend to make the Miners work for their win, I intend to win this game, for no other reason than to thumb my nose at the Solo. We have a better record than all but the top two teams in that conference. If we beat the leaders it just shows the dominance of the Skywalker this year. That even the second to last team in the Skywalker is better than the top team in the Solo. If we lose no harm done, we were never making the playoffs anyway.

I stand up drawing most eyes to me, “Alright guys,” I start, “we are really making them work for this one but, I think we can beat them, the ‘Iron Cage’ seems to have put them off balance and our defense is as tough as ever. Let’s keep hammering them, send them to the playoffs with another loss, maybe even rob them of the Commissioners Trophy.”

“Aye, cap’n” Mikia shouts, I can’t help but smile, we return to the field and I line up against someone who isn’t ‘Don’t Get Fined’ Zonka, must be saving their stars for the playoffs, doesn’t matter will just make the win that much easier. Again I swipe the ball off the start and charge down the field throwing back to Seiji when the pressure gets too much. It’s another quick attack that, ‘Not Comstock’ looks a little unprepared for as Nara charges the net and fires a rocket in to the left side of the net. Now we have that two goal lead.

‘Not Penn’ manages to hold possession and get the ball out of their zone. It’s a few moments later when I hear the visitor’s goal horn. Back to a one goal lead I guess. The defensive struggle settles in for a bit longer maintaining our one goal lead but, not expanding it. I get possession again and make a shot, it’s stopped by the goalie who makes a quick throw out to my marker before I can get set with the ‘Iron Cage’. The reserves are learning, not a good sign. The play moves down the field and ends in a Miner goal, now the game is tied, lovely.

Ponie breaks through into the midfield passing to Gabby over her marker. Gabby rushes in taking a bit of pressure off Seiji by drawing his marker away. The midfielder makes the pass to the newly freed Seiji. I’m too tied up with my marker to get open, and apearnetly so are the other forwards as Seiji let off a long kick aiming for the goal. The shot isn’t as hard or as accurate as Else’s but it serves to force a rebound out in front, right to me. I break from ‘Not Penn’ and hammer the ball home breaking the tie as quickly as it had been created.

I get set quickly trying to prevent a quick throw in from knocking me off my game. ‘Not Comstock’ hesitates then throws long and to the right. I rush over to help out Leigh or Rime to find that the play is already into the midfield. The Miners continue to push until making it to the back line. I wait patiently for the play to come back to our side but, it never comes. The goal horn sounds and it’s back to a tied game. I clinch my fist, we didn’t come this far just to throw this game to the reserves.

With a fire in my eyes I fight for position. Else receives the pass from Marky and comes storming in. I break from my marker and call for the pass. Else gives me a look then passes to Rime on the right. I just break for the net, hoping for a cross pass or a rebound. Without even looking Rime makes another perfect head height pass. I jockey with ‘Not Penn’ struggling to get into position to finish the glorious pass given to me. Shouldering my marker away a bit, I pull my head back and slam it into the ball. I don’t have time to aim it as carefully as I usually do so , when the goal horn sounds I drop to my knees and shout at the O’pahz sky.

The rest of the forwards swarm me as hats shower down from the stands, and ‘Drunken Spacer’ fills the air. I get to my feet and stanch one of the hats off the ground, putting it on my head at an odd angle. I throw my firsts into the air with another shout. As the hats are cleared I remove the one from my head and put it on the bench a memento of my last hat trick. As the play starts again Leigh picks off the pass and makes a quick bar point to finally put the game away.

I get changed making sure to keep the black box hidden under the towel. I give the requisite interview with Rin Bahar then head to the post-game press conference. On the way I pull Mikia into an empty room.

“What’s going on Logan?” she asks,

“Listen,” I start, “I wanted to do this really big, like draw you out to center field after the handshakes and under the eyes of Goss-Pell,”

“Logan you ok,” she says interrupting me,

“I’m fine, but, I didn’t want to put you into a situation where you might feel pressured, or feel you can’t say no, which you have every right to, but, I also want to do this while I still can,” I’m rambling now, not sure what I’m saying.

“Logan, what are you talking about, you sound a little crazy.”

She’s right, I grip the black box that is in my pocket then remove it. Kneeling down onto one knee I open the box to reveal a ring made of sliver with one black and one white diamond set into it. “Mikia Erato Sandin will you make me the luckiest idiot in the galaxy and marry me?”

There’s a long pause and my heart begins to sink, well this wasn’t unexpected, I mean I am about to become an invalid. Who wants to be saddled with that for the rest of their lives? I start to get up when she says the word that puts me right back down,

“Yes,” a smile blooms across my face, but something inside me forces my words out,

“You sure?”

She smiles and nods her head, a few tears falling from her eyes. With my hands shaking with excitement I put the ring on her hand and rise into a passionate kiss. This is probably the happiest I’ve ever been. My heart is pounding behind my chest, I can barely contain my joy. After a few more moments of joy I let my heart settle some and then we walk out holding hands towards the press conference, one more thing I need to do.

At the press conference I answer the required questions, how I feel about having a winning record but not a playoff spot, my thoughts on Valerii swapping out her stars in the second half. I do my best to keep my joy off my face, it would be right to have such a joyous face during such a dower time. With the questions answered, I lean towards the mic,

“I’d like to announce something before you all leave,” some of the reporters that were getting up sat back down, “This is the last time I’ll be playing limmie.” The reporters begin calling with more questions I calm them down, “I have a disease that is taking my legs, it’s genetic so I’ve had it all my life. Well it’s entered its final stage, actually it entered that at the start of this season, and there’s nothing I can do to stop it from paralyzing me from the waist down…” I pause swallowing hard, “…Permanently.” There’s another pause, “I’d like to apologize to the Scallywags, for hiding this from them but, also thank them for giving me the best four years of my life. I’d also like to thank this team that has helped me along these past years.” I pause to take a question,

“What will you do now?” Rin Bahar asks,

I give a glance to Mikia and she hides a smile, “Well what every good limmie player does after they retire, make a lot of bad business decisions and declare bankruptcy.” There are a few scoffs from the crowd at my non-answer, “Well alright, I’m not sure yet, but, I know I’ll never forget the years I’ve spent playing for the best team to ever come out of the Namadii Corridor League, sorry Lumberjacks.” I get up and move towards the exit as more reporters hound me for answers, I’ve told them all they need to know. I’m at peace now.

TAG: Trieste (Who approved of the use of 'Not ____' for the reserve players brought in during the second half.)

10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    From the Data Pad of Tomas Vigo

Sunday

It’s so quiet on the shuttle this evening. I couldn’t sleep if I tried so I decided to go ahead and write an entry. Most everyone is awake, except that Denon fan. He bought his ticket to next week’s game and promptly fell asleep. He’s lucky my mom is charge here and not me. I would have left him on Denon. Part of me wishes this season was over because I am so tired of losing. I completely forget what winning feels like. I just wish I was a few years older so I could go out there and win some games for this team. I know I could do it.

First thing the Starkillers could do is make my brother a forward again. It’s completely ludicrous that our top scorer is a midfielder. Sure he complements Hovechar well, but I could do even better. I’m better at defense than the two of them combined. Hovechar is great when she has the ball, but she doesn’t get it enough. She needs to be more aggressive out there and make steals. She waits for the ball to come to her too much. By the time she finally gets the ball we are behind by 10 points.

Wrehase has hit a slump like no other, so I’d have to put my brother up at full forward and take him out of the game. Coach Jul wants him to succeed out there so bad she just can’t bear to admit she may have made a mistake starting him this season. It’s okay Coach Jul, if you put my brother at Full Forward this coming week and you win the fans and I will forgive you ;)

Since I can’t take my brother’s place even though I really wish I could, I think it’s quite obvious that we put Zarene Klick next to Hovechar. Klick and Hovechar have had great games together in the past. It can work again.

On defense it’s important to keep Coach Till on the field. His defenders have no choice but to listen to him when he’s directing them out there. Our defense played one of their best games of the season yesterday. I know we haven’t had a strong defensive showing this season. All they have to do is show up at the right time and we win this thing. That’s right Starkiller fans. I said it we could win this thing. The whole damn thing. We already beat Hapes and Bakura this season. I know it seems like a lifetime ago, but it was just a few short weeks back. We can beat those teams again. And with a tweak or two on our offense we will get by Denon next week.

Ty got up from his seat a few minutes ago. He’s got a few markers and he is drawing on the face of the Denon Demon’s fan. This team captain is gutsy. Not because the Demon fan might wake up, but because Coach is going to kill him for this. The team got a lengthy lecture about work ethic and putting the time and effort into Limmie and only Limmie for the next 7 days so we can win this upcoming game. I’ve never seen Coach so fired up. He almost made me cry and he wasn’t even talking to me.

Ty made it back to his seat without Coach noticing that he had gotten up. That’s because Coaches Jul, Reeser and Till are in a meeting with my mom in a separate cabin. Ty took a long time drawing on that guy’s face too. He must be more than just sleeping, he must be sleeping off celebratory drink. That’s the only time I’ve ever seen someone sleep so soundly. Just when I thought I might be tired enough to drift off, now I’m awake again waiting to see if Ty gets caught.

I must have fallen asleep waiting. The Demons fan got off the shuttle with blue and orange Starkiller emblems drawn on his face. To my surprise Coach wasn’t upset. He and all the players laughed when he saw himself in the fresher mirror and came storming out to demand who had done it.

It’s early Monday morning now and we are in the speeder on the final leg of the trip back to our house. I feel a lot of things. Like our team doesn’t deserve this play-off spot. Everyone in our organization probably feels that, at least a little bit. We aren’t taking it for granted though. Ty’s not pulling pranks because he doesn’t care anymore. I have known Ty long enough to know that he pulls these stunts to get the team’s spirits back up when they are down. Come out and see us play Starkiller fans. It’s the final chance to see a game on Ralltiir soil this season. Don’t be left out!

Monday

Quick note: Mom says there are only upper level seats left for the game this coming week. If you haven’t bought your tickets yet please hurry. We don’t want Denon fans in our stadium!

I had a rough day back at school. Kids were tormenting me and not for losing, but because I acted like I had all the answers in my blog yesterday. Some guy two years older than me who was on the Varsity Limmie team told me I’m a Vigo so I must be a loser. Based on how my family’s team has performed so far in the post season. So he told me I was lucky I was too young to make decisions. Because my decisions look bad enough in my blog he said. If I played on Sunday he said that Denon would score more than the 42 Coruscant put up on us and that we’d score less than the 5 we scored on Denon. He also had the nerve to tell me my brother should be back in jail where he belongs and far from the Limmie field. Well I’m not stupid. I know I’m better at Limmie than he can imagine and I know how good Bat is too. I wanted to show him just how much he had underestimated me by knocking him out than and there.

Problem was if I did that I’d get suspended from school. I might not be able to play Limmie in my district ever again. It wouldn’t be worth it, but I couldn’t run away from my problems. I had to do something. I opened my big mouth and told him Coach Jul was going to play my brother at Full Forward and we were going to wipe the floor with Denon on Sunday. After school I went to swim try-outs just like Coach wanted. There were only 4 other guys that showed up so I “made” the team just for showing up. I think swimming might be just what I need this winter. Something to take my mind off Limmie for a bit. If we don’t win this week I am going to need some space from the sport. It should also be real easy for me to win events and I’ll have left over time to train for Limmie season on the side.

These days I never know who is going to pick me up after school or practice. To my disappointment my sister Justyne came to pick me up after swim “try-outs” with a car full of little ones. I told her I needed to go to the stadium and speak to Coach immediately. Justyne said she wanted to check up on mom anyway. Justyne is really upset because Richard did not show up in Denon like he promised and he’s not here now either. I think Richard is trying to wrap up some case he’s been working on. He’s a lawyer, it’s gotta be something important.

When we got to the stadium I ran ahead and straight out onto the field where practice was in mid-session. I ran out on the field and spoke to Bat first. He told me if Jul would play him at full forward he’d be happy to fill the net with bolo balls on Sunday. Together we spoke to Wrehase who wasn’t happy about the idea, but he did admit he had been struggling. Jul came out to tell me I was interrupting her practice so I told her what I wanted to happen on Sunday.

At first she said “No way”. Coach Till came over and practice was at a standstill by this time. Coach asked me if I really thought the plan would work. I told him it would and we have a roster change! Owning your own Limmie team really is a lot of fun. All those kids at school have a right to be jealous. When we win on Sunday I’ll have contributed to the win. I think my dad would be proud.

Tuesday

Swim practice got better and worse today. Better because my girl decided to join the team. She says she isn’t that good, but you don’t have to be good to be on the swim team. They are so hard up for members you just have to fit in a suit. And my girl looks good in a swim suit. The bad part was that one of those 4 scrawny boys who showed up for “try-outs” actually beat me in a time trial today.

I don’t want to be humiliated and get beat when we have our first meet so I am going to have to start practicing. Set my alarm for early tomorrow. Good Night!

Thursday

Richard is not going to make it to the game this weekend. My mom had to come home early yesterday for extra rest. She had to hand over most of the last minute duties to my older sisters. There is good news though, my brother Spencer is coming in tomorrow. I have missed him so much! I am so glad Tatooine won their division so they are off this week. Spencer says he wouldn’t miss the Starkillers first play-off win of his lifetime for anything. He’s bringing his girlfriend. Mom said Saturday I can go out with my girl if Spencer and his girlfriend tag along. I guess we still aren’t old enough to go out by ourselves. At least this way I can scope out the girl who snagged my older brother.

I’ve heard that Starkiller practice is going really well. Bat’s transition to the offense has gone smoother than Jul anticipated. Coach is playing on Sunday. Kaat has her starting position back in the goal box. Even I’m not privy to the final line up though. You’ll have to show up or tune in on Sunday for that.

Friday

Tickets finally officially sold out sometimes last night. It’s a little embarrassing it took so long, hopefully you got your tickets. If not there’s plenty of great places around town to view the game. Whatever you do, don’t miss it. Don’t be that one guy on Monday who doesn’t know what the frak everyone is talking about.

I was able to leave school early today. My mom picked me up so we could meet Spencer and his girl at the spaceport. She’s even paler in person than when I see her on holo net calls. She’s quiet so far too. Spencer has decided to help out on the sidelines for Sunday’s game. It’s going to be great to have some help down there. Usually they give me a couple of local kids who have won some kinda contest. The kids are in such aw of the players that they forget to help out. They spend the whole time gawking and watching the game. We had dinner at home tonight without Coach. He was holding a late night practice. Lucie brought her boys over because they keep asking for their dad when they are at home and she wanted to distract them.

We showed Spencer’s girlfriend our swimming pool. Spencer even gave me some pointers about how to get faster and he raced me at every stroke. I lost all the races, but I haven’t swam competitively since I was really young. I know I’ll get better with practice. T.J. is getting really good at swimming too. He made it across a length of the pool and did a flip off the diving board. His dad would be really proud. I missed having Ty around tonight too, but I couldn’t say anything because I wanted to help Lucie keep T.J.’s mind off of his father.

Saturday

Today was a big day. Spencer and I hit the pool first thing this morning. Luckily we didn’t have to get up too early since there was no school or anything. Spencer’s girl helped my mom and my sister with breakfast. She’s a good sport to help with the children and the cooking. I know lots of girls that would think our family is too “traditional” or “backwards”. After breakfast we headed to the stadium to get the equipment out of storage and ready for the game tomorrow.
    Spencer’s girlfriend helped some, she also took a tour of the stadium with my eldest sister Lucie. Lucie was checking for any last minute complications that may need to be smoothed over before tomorrow morning when the tailgaters start pulling into the parking lot. Her family has a lot of credits like ours, but they don’t own a sports team. She’s only ever been to games on Tatooine before today so she was blown away by the stadium. Tomorrow she’ll watch the game from my mom’s box.

The players were arriving at the stadium for final walkthroughs as Spencer and I finished getting supplies ready for the game. Coach allowed Spencer and I to take his speeder to go pick my girl up for our date. Spencer is the most cautious pilot I know. He never takes risks or has fun like most kids his age. It’s why Coach was willing to let him borrow his speeder. So I showed up to pick up my girl in a fancy speeder so we could trail along in the slow lane while we all tried to come to an agreement on where to eat.

Girls it seems are always watching their figures and Spencer’s always been a health freak so we ended up at some salad place. It wasn’t enough food, but having my girl there made up for the lack of nourishment in the meal. She and I told Spencer and his girlfriend what public school is like. The only thing I really don’t like about public school is that I can’t fight kids when they get on my nerves. At the Academy they were all about the donations my family gives to the school every year and I got away with a lot. Aside from that it’s mostly the same as the Academy. They still separate the more gifted students, the rich kids still hang with other rich kids and the non humans mostly keep to themselves, no matter how hard we try to include them in things.

After lunch we walked the streets a bit. Just to hang out, window shop. I’m not going to say if I kissed my girl again or not, because every time I do that my mom gets all up in arms. She says this girl moves too fast and that I’m too young to be kissing a girl. Then she gets all concerned about what kissing leads to. I definitely don’t want kids anytime soon and I know how they’re made. I got plenty of siblings, nieces and nephews to remind me how much work kids are. I’m not ready to take that step anytime soon mom, so you can just relax. I’ll just say it was a nice afternoon. I also had tickets to the game for my girl and her family tomorrow. No guy can offer a better parting gift than that.

This evening the team did dinner a little different. The coaching staff decided they have let the team spend enough time with family this season. It’s time to buckle down spend as much time with each other as possible and concentrate solely on the game of Limmie. In order to help keep their focus Coach Till and mom even decided to invite the Commissioner to dinner. As a member of the staff I had to go too. Not that I mind I certainly don’t find the Commissioner intimidating. I did an interview with him earlier this season after all.

Turns out the players weren’t one bit intimidated by our Commissioner either. It was a bit of a chilly evening here. Nothing like the icy cold when we hosted the Monarchs a few years back thank goodness. Cold enough that our first course this evening was soup. I was starving since we had opted for such a light lunch and began to drink mine strait up instead of slowly spooning it into my mouth.

It was in between gulps of soup that I noticed that the Commissioner’s bowl was a little…well, I was going to try to make a joke, but I’ll just come out and say it: there was a lot of hair in it. Now, I’m not going to point any fingers, but let’s just say one clump looked suspiciously like Frokabukk’s, there was something that I’m pretty sure was a clump of Whipd fur the same shade of Dev’s and there were several long strands of human hair the same color of Ty’s.

The Commissioner raised his hand like a schoolgirl to get the waiter’s attention. “This…ummm…you know what, no soup for me, if that’s okay. I’m not much of a soup being. Don’t want to spoil the entrée.” Several of the players muffled laughter. Mostly though it was quiet while everyone began to eat. I was hungry and I had already finished my soup.

After what seemed like an eternity the soup bowls were finally cleared and the main course was served. I saw out of the corner of my eye as Ty snatched the Commissioner’s remaining utensils from his place while he was busy speaking to Coach Jul. When the plates were served at their table everyone except the commissioner immediately began to dig in. Once again the Commissioner hailed the waiter and said that he must have accidentally dropped his fork and knife while he was talking and asked if they could bring him some more. Luckily for him he took better care of the new ones. If Lokensgaard even knew he was being picked on I don’t know.

Lokensgaard took a long time to eat his food because he was so busy chatting with our coaching staff. I could tell something else was planned because Ty kept looking at his plate with an impatient look. The rest of us were long done, but his plate was still half full when the head waiter appeared with a large cake full of at least 50 candles. He walked it directly to the Commissioner and we all broke out in a chorus of Happy Birthday.

I was pretty sure it wasn’t really the Commissioner’s Birthday. When I got home I looked it up on the net. It was several months ago, during the off-season. Nonetheless the Commissioner was a good sport. He smiled when he got the cake and looked pretty pleased. “A belated birthday gift with extra candles, you really shouldn’t have,” he said. “There’s probably twice my age on here. If I blow them all out, do two of my wishes come true?” In the end he asked Kara to help him blow them all out.

I don’t know if wishes ever come true. Most of mine never have. I wished for a Starkiller victory tomorrow. I pretended to send my wish to Kara through the Force. I had to pretend because I’m not the least bit Force sensitive. I think every now and then all of us who don’t have those powers at least pretend we do. So Kara stood up and helped Lokensgaard blow out those candles. They blew out every single one. We all cheered and we all ate cake. I could tell it wasn’t baked with the amount of sugar the recipe called for though. My mom does that sometimes. She claims it’s better for you and you can’t tell the difference. I can tell the difference. I’m sure it was done for player’s nutritional intake though. Worst part of being a professional athlete has to be the diet restrictions.

Before the commissioner left he wished everyone good luck against the Demons, adding “not that I’m partial or anything, I just hope both teams play to their full potential.” It’s disgusting how politically correct that man tries to be. I don’t know who he’s routing for, but he should be able to say so. I know damn well that I want the Starkillers to crush the Demons tomorrow. If we play to our potential that’s just what is going to happen.

If tomorrow is half as good as today was we will be walking away with a win and a trip to the conference championship game in Bakura. GO STARKILLERS!

Tag: Trieste (many thanks for his contributions as Commissioner Lokensgaard)

Trieste, jcgoble3 and Jedi Gunny like this.
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Week 11 game against Smugglers

Tendra stood in the hallway, waiting for team introductions. It had been four weeks, nearly a full month, since she had played a game of limmie. Having only gotten two days of practice since her return, she wouldn’t see many minutes, but would still get the start. In fact, with the first-round bye locked up, Leota had decided that the Commissioner’s Trophy wasn’t worth risking the starters for, particularly when it could potentially still be won even with a loss today. So the starters would play five to ten minutes and then yield to the backups.

The stadium announcer introduced the team as a single unit, and Tendra joined her teammates in hitting the field. The C-Bucs never did individual player introductions, because Leota constantly insisted that there was no “I” in “team”. The running joke in the locker room, however, was that there was an “m” and an “e”, though no one said so within earshot of Leota. The last person who had done so had been ordered to do two hundred pushups, and no one wanted to be the person who ended up with two hundred fifty pushups, as Leota had promised to the next person who made the joke in front of her.

With that on her mind, Tendra grinned as Wai Lin won the coin toss for the Bucs and elected to take the ball to start. Tendra took her position at midfield, ready for the kickoff. The referee, Kelly Telaam, approached, saying something into her intercom. Tendra took one moment before the game started and glanced into the stands behind the Bucs’ goal. There she spotted her brother Jado, in a safe environment and out of the clutches of Rosty Bassell. Jado caught her eye and waved, and in front of 215,000 fans and millions more on the HoloNet, she waved back.

Kelly blew her whistle, and the game was on. Tendra kicked the ball off, and Pella Lovenforth sent it back to the midfielders as she and Tendra penetrated into Smugglers territory. The ball was fed up the sideline back to Pella, who drop-kicked a cross to Tendra. Tendra pushed a defender away to get some room and deposited the ball in the back of the net.

Except that Kelly was blowing her whistle repeatedly. Tendra looked over at her to find that Kelly was calling a foul on Tendra for the push-off. As Kelly approached her, Tendra let her arms go limp at her side, doing her best exaggerated impression of puppy dog eyes and a frown. Ripples of laughter erupted around the stadium, and after about two seconds, Tendra couldn’t hold it any longer and began laughing at herself as well.

She jogged back to her position with a smile on her face and watched from the required distance as the Smuggler defender kicked the ball far down the field, resulting in a Smugglers point over the bar about thirty seconds later. As the ball came back toward Tendra, it found its way into Tendra’s hands again, and faced with the same defender, this time she put a juke move on the defender that would break one’s ankle just watching it. Once again the ball rolled into the goal off of Tendra’s low shot, but this time the only whistle was a confirmation of the goal.

Over the next few minutes, Pella would record a point over the bar, and that would be all of the scoring for the starters. Leota, not wanting to risk injuries with nothing of value to play for, pulled most of the starters at the six-minute mark and put in the reserves to play out the game. The reserves more or less stunk up the field, recording no goals and only eight bar points while allowing another 28 total points by the Smugglers.

Eventually, the final whistle blew. Nar Shaddaa would walk out of the Royal Limmie Grounds with a 29–12 victory, Tendra’s goal the lone flaw in what was otherwise a shutdown by the Smugglers. However, Tendra knew that the C-Bucs hadn’t really been trying today. If the Smugglers got past the Senators next week, they would return to these grounds for the real test, with the Bucs giving it everything they had.

As she walked out to her speeder thinking about this, Tendra quietly spoke two words: “Bring it.”

TAG: Vehn (who approved this in advance)

Runjedirun, Vehn and Trieste like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• When asked about the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers playing at home against the Coruscant Senators and if losing the Rim War earlier in the season has any effect on the upcoming match up, Mylessa McCloud said, "No, not at all. We're a totally different team than we were in week five."
    • On if the Smugglers have a hard time defending their home turf this season, "We were 2-2 this season at Six Boroughs. I wouldn't read too much into that. This team just rattled off four wins in a row, three of which were on the road in such hostile environments as Ylesia, Mando'ade, and Hapes. We're not worried. I suggest you stop being worried too."
    • "Coruscant has some talent. There's no doubt about that. Thorne's assembled a capable roster. They fight hard when needed. This game is going to be close."
    • "I don't want to talk about Hapes. I don't want to talk about next week. We're focused on defeating Coruscant and reminding them that they should never have switched conferences."
    TAG: jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Vehn

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Pre game press conference highlights with Coaches Jul and Till of the Starkillers:
      • Coach Jul’s response to being asked if it’s true that she is using a roster change suggested by a 14 year old kid: “Our current line-up wasn’t producing results. Change was in order. He’s more than just a 14 year old kid. He’s part owner of the team. He’s played the game and been around it his whole life. Tomas Vigo is the future of this franchise. This coming game should be a warning to the league of what is to come.”
      • Will you consider taking the field Sunday under any circumstances: “Anything is possible.”
      • Coach Till on his wife’s health: “Madelyne is taking necessary precautions by working less hours when she feels tired. Her recovery this far has been miraculous and smooth.”
      • Coach Till’s response as to why he risks his own well being by playing: “It’s my job to win games. I’m going to do whatever I need to do to get this team a win on Sunday.”
      • Coach Till on if he has his wife’s blessing when he enters the game as a player: “We’re still married, aren’t we?”
    TAG: Runjedirun, that random Demons fan that Kaat Stun found

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Elite League assigns Telaam officiating crew to Solo Conference Semifinal between Demons and Starkillers on Ralltiir
    TAG: Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, sunny but cool Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker busy, busy, busy on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Still bumming about the Mercs lost this weekend."

"Ugh, don't remind me, I mean I know we have to talk about it, but..."

"Yeah, that one hurts."

"Started out the season at 5-0, best start in franchise history and then they just blew it."

"Injuries killed 'em, just killed 'em."

"And now they'll miss out on the playoffs."

"Yeah."

"Still we got a good show coming up. Going to be talking to All-Star nominee Fu Arock later on..."

"Oh that'll be good, he's always a fun interview."

"...We have a lot to discuss with the Crusaders preparing for their first game this post-season..."

"The way their season started, never thought they would end up with a two seed."

"...so we'll have Concordia middie Jacen Kipnis and forward Corr Klu'ber in studio to answer your questions..."

"The Klu-bot! Nothing fazes him, nothing."

"He's good, he is really, really good. But first, we have to talk about the disaster that happened this weekend at Meshla Vhetin and the fallout from losing out on what was at one time thought to be a sure playoff spot for the Mercs this season."

"That was a rough game, their worst loss all season, and it couldn't have come at a worse time."

"Yeah, no kidding. I knew when Katan was a late scratch because of that hammy that we were going to be in trouble."

"Connor just doesn't have it to be a starting goalkeeper in the ELL. Something to address this off season maybe"

"As I recall you were high on her coming out of the draft."

"Yeah, I was, but time and again she has shown that she is really just worthy of a mop up role. I think if Katan had been in there instead of her we would have won at least one of the past two games."

"That would have gotten us into a playoff spot, but really that's becoming part of the problem now with Katan. He's been hurt for portions of the past two seasons at least. He had that great season in 279, the year we won the Galactic Cup, that earned him a huge contract. But so far he hasn't played up to it."

"Well I think he has when he's played. The problem is he is just injured too much."

"It's an issue, a huge issue, for the Mercs, but of course injuries across the board were a problem this season."

"Jaing missed some time, and even when he was on the field he wasn't playing up to his own standards."

"Irvin came back too early I think, I know he wanted to play in The Game of Rivals, but I think his presence hurt us there a little bit. Plus then, he wasn't really fully healthy for the Sens game."

"Yeah, if he had stayed out that extra week he might, might have been fully healed."

"Then there was Langdon, Smalls, Lovnivek, the list goes on..."

"Yeah, Smalls was back a bit here but he looked really bad out there."

"That one pass in near the goal that he lost...he was still out there looking up at the sky with his arms outstretched looking for it after it was caught by the forward about 5 yards out in front of him."

"Oh that was bad, really bad. They kept playing that over and over again on HSN."

"ugh...You're killing me Smalls!"

"It's sad, because I think the Mercs are a good team, without all the injuries they could have been a historically good team and now..."

"Yeah, and now they miss out on the playoffs because of an antiquated system that doesn't reward the best teams in the league!"

"Oh no, not this again."

"Hey look, the season is over and I got stats, final season stats on my side now!"

"manda help us."

"First, first in points scored!"

"And that's with some major contributors missing time."

"Sixth in points allowed."

"That's middle of the pack, but it goes along with what I say all the time, defense wins championships."

"Yeah well the Starkillers, the two seed in the Solo mind you, were second to last in defense."

"Here we go..."

"Just one point worse than the Demons, their first round opponent."

"Randy."

"Don't bother, he's on a roll."

"Mercs were fourth in point differential, the highest for any team not making the playoffs."

"Randy, they needed more wins, that's the stat, the only stat, that matters."

"Yeah, wins. Well they had wins over both Ralltiir and Denon this season."

"Which don't matter. I mean, we lost to the Rangers, does that mean they deserve to go to the playoffs even ahead of us?"

"Of course not, we had a better record than them. And better than the Starkillers and Demons. We deserve that playoff spot, not the third pick in the draft!"

"Second pick right now actually, barring further news from the league like a new team being added."

"What?"

"Pirates won their last game to tie our record, and since they beat us during the season..."

"They pick after us..."

"Which means they would get that playoff spot you are griping about right now."

"No, no. They would get a playoff spot, and be seeded ahead of us. But two, two, teams out in the Skywalker..."

"Solo."

"Yeah..Solo. What'd I say?"

"Skywalker."

"I did?"

"You did."

"Well I meant Solo."

"I know."

"OK, OK. Anyway, there are two teams in the Solo that came in udner .500, with a worse record than either the Mercs or the Pirates have. Those two teams with the better records should be in the playoffs, and the teams with the worse records should have the better draft pick!"

"Well, look at the silver lining Randy. We were a good team, even with the injuries we were a good team, you mentioned the metrics yourself."

"I have more, their largest margin of defeat was just 10 points this season, and their average margin of defeat was a measly 3.8 points per loss. That's nuts, that's close to a wild hail Waru shot at the end of a game!"

"Yeah, but now we have the second pick in the draft..."

"Unless some other team joins the league."

"To add to a good team that will hopefully be healthier next season."

"I want to be hopeful, I really do. But this season, you can't re create it, players leave, we have almost a dozen free agents on the roster this off season. Players age, players on other teams get better. You have to strike while the iron is hot, and make waves in any post season you can get to. Keeping quality teams like the Mercs and Pirates out of the playoffs while allowing a mediocre team like Ralltiir and a horrible one like Denon into the playoffs is terrible for the fans, terrible for the league and terrible for limmie in general."

"I don't, I just don't agree. I like for Conference play to mean something..."

"Mean something? You have the Demons, who started out the season losing their first six, six!, games making the playoffs ahead of the Mercs who won their first five."

"There is a lot to be said about how a team finishes the season though..."

"How a team finishes the season? I'll tell you how they finished the season. They finished at 4-7 while the Mercs finished at 6-5. Tell me how to compare those finishes and which is more deserving of a playoff spot. Tell me!"

"Whoa, OK. Calm down Rancor."

"I see why they call him that now..."

"Yeah no kidding."

"Oh stop, stop it all of you. We have to take a break, when we come back we'll get to your calls and how all of you feel about the way the Mercs season ended. What, if any changes, need to be made, and they do need to be made, to the ELL playoff system and of course the beginning of the Crusaders playoff run. So stay right here, the comm lines are already lighting up, we'll be back in a moment right here on the Fandalorian!"

[two hours later]

"OK, we're back, and still with us on the WESTAR sure thing hotline, WESTAR, When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every shabuir in the room; accept no substitutes, is Mercs corner forward, number 87, Fu Arock. OK, Arock, before we went to break we were talking about your offseason plans and I just, I find it fascinating."

"Fu Arock has to stay in shape, it's a tough league. But Arock likes to keeps things interesting, so like many of the mando'ade on the team, Arock goes back to bounty hunting in the off season."

"But isn't that dangerous?"

"Arock knows what he's doing."

"Not worried about getting injured out there?"

"Aruetii players get hurt working out all the time. Bounty hunting keeps Arock on his toes, improves the refelxes and exercises the mind as well as the body."

"Couldn't you just read a book on the treadmill or something?"

"Treadmills are dangerous. How do you think Katan got hurt?"

"Yeah but...Wait. Seriously?"

"No."

"No?"

"No, Arock is just having fun with you man. You guys need to get a sense of humor."

"This coming from a guy who lugs a flamethrower around during the off season to stay in shape."

"Nothing funny about a flamethrower."

"Not even a little?"

"OK, I'm lying again. Arock thinks flamethrowers are hilarious. You should get one."

"Ummm."

"Arock is going to buy you all your own flamethrowers. You'll see."

"You're kidding."

"Arock never kids."

"But..."

"OK, never mind about flamethrowers. What do you think about the All-Star ballot?"

"Arock's on the ballot, so it has at least one deserving player there."

"You think you're deserving?"

"Of course Arock is deserving, best corner forward in the league."

"Jaing is on the ballot too, think he gets in?"

"Jaing is Arock's vode, he'll get in."

"He's not your actual brother right?"

Silence filled the wave for a moment.

"OK, yeah, stupid question. So how do you feel going into the off season? How do you get over how the season ended?"

"It's a tough way to end things, especially with how well we started out. Injuries really affected us, and though we're a deep team, and continued to play well, it wasn't good enough. The Skywalker was a really tough conference this season. We'll get 'em next year."

"Well let's talk about that, what do you think about lesser teams from the Solo conference making the post season while the Mercs stay home?"

"Arock doesn't think about that stuff. If we had taken care of business it wouldn't be an issue."

"Yeah but..."

"No buts. Our record the second half of the season was osik, but we were in every game. A good bounce here instead of there, one less injury and we would have been fine. Look for Arock and the Mercs to be in the playoffs next season."

"The Mercs have a lot of questions going into the off season though. The entire front office and coaching staff are up for re-approval and lots of players are entering free agency."

"Including your pal Jaing."

"Jaing will be back, Arock and his vode share an agent. He'll be back."

A slight commotion could be heard through the wave now, coming from the studio followed by a moment of silence and then... "Is that?"

"Well, uhhhhh. W've got to go to break here, but when we come back we'll be in studio with an unannounced very important guest...so don't go away we'll be back!"

"Are you kidding me..."

[a few minutes later]

"OK, we're back folks. And as promised we have a mystery guest here in studio with us now. Liz decided to keep this one under wraps and surprised us with letting out next guest into the studio, and I gotta tell ya, it's probably a good thing she did because I am fired up having him here..."

"And, I for one, always said the pinnacle of my career would come when I appeared on a planet wide broadcast of a wave show."Lokensgaard's familiar voice filled the wave.

"Sector wide, sector wide."

"Good evening...commissioner. It's a surprise to see you here with us."

"In a good way Commissioner Lokensgaard, in a good way."

"Pleasure to be here. This is the first time I've ever heard your show live. Taungsday is usually a travel day for me during the season. I'm headed to next week's game by this point, so I have to pick up the on demand version after I get out of hyperspace. I have to say, it's good to hear what fans are thinking so we can keep this sport responsive to them. We're never going to make everyone happy because there's only one Galactic Cup...but as long as most beings don't want to murder me in my sleep I think I'm probably doing a good job. That being said, I don't think I'm getting out of here without talking about this year's playoffs, am I?"

"Not a chance in hell Commissioner."

"Hey Randy be nice, he like the show."

"Everyone does. Except those shabuire out on nal Hutta's Moon."

"Actually the ratings there are..."

"Shut it Kitterich. OK, since you brought it up, what is the league's official position regarding the playoffs and the inclusion of lesser teams over superior ones?"

"Our official position is that the top three teams in each conference go to the playoffs. Now, that's the official, what's-written-in-the-rules position, but if I don't say that then Esther Gondorf is going to club me over the head. What I think you're really asking is how I, as Commissioner and a fan, feel about this. I like conference play. I think it adds an interesting element to the season and having that as part of the tiebreak process has caused the Bothan who oversees the standings in the stats department slow down the rate of gray that's been creeping into his fur....

"Thank you!"

"But I'd like to frame this in a different way, if that's okay Randy. The Skywalker Conference has three really amazing teams going to the playoffs, no question about it. Yes, two teams with winning records didn't get to go. But whoever comes out of the Skywalker Conference is going to face a really tough road. They're going to be battle tested. Meanwhile, one of two things is going to happen in the Solo Conference, one of these teams with a sub .500 record is going to make the Final or the lone team that is above .500--we won't say who they are on this station--will make it to the Final. Won't the Skywalker Conference champion be better off for having played hard teams, for really having to bring their A game than a team that's played a, and for the home audience I'm going to indicate I'm using quotation mark fingers here, 'softer schedule', end quote, in the playoffs? And let's just get it out there that there's no disrespect intended to anyone in the Solo Conference out there, especially the playoff teams."

"But that's just it, the league doesn't need a softer schedule in the playoffs. The fans don't want that. We want the most exciting games from the best teams!"

"Randy, what's to say they're a better team though? I mean..."

"Seriously, seriously? How about every metric we have, from wins to point differential, not to mention just raw points allowed and points scored. By every metric the Mercs and Pirates are better teams than the Starkillers and Demons!"

"Randy.."

"No, hold on a minute. Commissioner, I'm trying to be respectful, and I know you've got to tote the party line here, but don't you, as a fan want to see the best of the best in the playoffs every season? I mean, OK, forget the Starkillers for a moment, even though their record is an issue too, but how can the Demons, the 4-7 Demons, playing post season games over the Mercs or Pirates be beneficial to the league's health?"

"If there's anything that I've learned, it's that the galaxy loves the little guy. The underbantha, if you will. I've looked at the historic ratings, the revenue, and the little team that could draws big, big numbers because everybody wants to see, 'Are they really going to do it?' I mean, hypothetically, this year's Final could be even more thrilling than the bottom seed Miners against the Commissioner's Trophy winners in 271, first year of conference play. And the Miners took it. Now, we all look back now and say, 'Well the Miners are the Miners and they had players like Glencross and Rodders--of course they were going to win,' but that was a defending champion Vandelhelm team. Games like that draw in casual fans by the shipload. If Denon made the Final, can you imagine what it would be like if they played any Skywalker team in the Final? I mean, what if they actually did it? Wouldn't you want to see that?"

"But I think all this talk about playoff format has just been a screen for Randy and Justin to 'conveniently', and yes, quote marks on that one for the audience outside the studio, forget about doing their annual prognostications for the playoffs. Right Liz?"

"Those two would forget to wear pants if I didn't remind them."

"Let's not think about that. What I want to know is how they think this year's crazy playoffs are going to shake out."

"Well we were trying to keep those under wraps for a later show."

"Meaning you don't have your's prepared yet?"

"Of course not, I'm still screaming about fixing a broken playoff format!"

"Let it go, let it go."

"That would make a great song."

"I don't know, I just can't hear that one in my head. Got to disagree with Liz there."

"Well I know it won't help this season, but I hope the league takes a long hard look at revamping the playoffs at the next Board of Governor's meeting. With the balanced schedule and everyone playing everyone, they serve no purpose now."

"I dunno, I still like Conference play. Burned us this season, but could help us in the future."

"I'm not saying this for us, I'm saying it for the health of the league!"

"Just get to your playoff predictions."

"BlasTech predictions sure to go wrong. When things go wrong don't you want a BlasTech by your side? BlasTech."

"Well, guess that means ready or not here they come."

"It's OK Randy, I'll go first."

"Yeah, that'll help."

"Just pick the opposite of what he does."

"Hey! No, actually that sounds about right."

"Ha!"

"OK, anyway. Here goes. In the Solo Conference I've got Ralltiir taking it to Denon. I know I say keep the playoff format the way it is, but even I admit Denon has no business even being here right now. So I say Starkillers win it big."

"OK...actually I'll agree with you there."

"Good call."

"If I may, I think the Starkillers/Demons game is going to be a really amazing matchup. Neither of these teams has won a Silver Age playoff game--Kitteridge will set me straight if I'm wrong on that one--so they're both going to come in hungry. The Demons are looking to prove the doubters wrong. The Starkillers are a team that doesn't sit on its laurels. We're already hearing that they might make some changes, including the return of Loren Jul. That would drastically change that matchup."

"And in the Skywalker?"

"This is a tough one, I think these two teams, along with the Mercs and Pirates, are really really closely matched. I'll go with the Senators, but I'm not really confident with that pick, could go either way."

"OK, OK. and yeah, I agree with you about the Pirates and Mercs which is why they should be in the playoffs..."

"Let it go, let it go," Liz started singing.

"Oh now I hear it."

"Hey that is catchy."

"Oh fine. I'll take that team from Nal Hutta's moon. I hate to say it, but I think they get past the Senators in a shoot out."

"Oh that must have killed you to say."

"Yeah, feels like I need to shower."

"That day of the year for you already?"

"OK OK, and no not yet."

"This is the first playoff Rim War, in what, a decade? That's going to sharpen everyone's edge for this game. It's a shame that I can't make this game as well as the one on Ralltiir because I can't wait to see what happens. I know that whoever the winner is will give it a run the following week on Hapes. Speaking of the conference finals...?"

"I've actually got the Starkiller beating out the Miners. I know they kind of stumbled there towards the end of the season, but they're a really good team, and I think the Miners are going to be overconfident and end up getting their shebs kicked."

"No. No way. The Starkillers don't even belong in the playoffs, though I guess they're more deserving than Denon. Look for the Miners to blow them out in what amounts to a scrimmage before the big game."

"I'm sure our listeners can hear our eyerolling over the wave."

"Yeah, yeah. Over in the Skywalker I think we're both in agreement, only because I know we were talking about who we think the eventual champs are going to be earlier before the show started, but in case I'm wrong I will go on record as saying the C-Bucs over the Smugglers."

"I've got Hapes over the Sens, but yeah, same idea."

"And you still have them winning it all, in your case over, and I can't even believe I am mentioning this team in the finals, the Starkillers?"

"Yeah, Ralltiir has had an off year, but that's a well run franchise. Despite the record i think they deserve to be there, I just don't see them beating this C-Bucs squad though."

"Well, I see a great game looming between an old school powerhouse and a new challenger, but I think Hapes cleans their chronometers."

"They have a great team this season, another possible dynasty looming."

"I really thought the next two dynasty teams would be the Mercs and Monarchs, they were both built for some long term success there, but..."

"Yeah, instead we see they have the first two picks in the draft."

"Just another prediction of yours sure to go wrong."

"Already has, Justin. Rydonni Prime doesn't even get to make their first round draft pick due to the Jayla Leed trade at this year's draft. So you know who has that draft pick..."

"BlasTech predictions sure to go wrong. When things go wrong don't you want a BlasTech by your side? BlasTech."

"OK. Now with that out of the way, since we ave you here Commissioner, are there any changes..."

"Randy."

"..not related to the playoff format that the League is looking at going forward?"

There was a pause. "Well, we're always looking at changes every offseason, especially membership. We want to make sure we have the best slate of teams in the League. The Membership Committee will make recommendations to the Board of Governors this offseason. Other changes than that, we're always looking to make the game safer. We want to make sure that these players, the greatest players in the galaxy, stay in the game. That's a large part in bringing a quality product to the field. Other than the playoffs, where do you think the sport could be made better? Kitteridge, Liz, chime in. Maybe get some callers?"

"You know, that's a great idea."

"Better idea would be to let winning teams into the playoffs over losing teams."

"Let it go!" the Pitt crew screamed in unison.

"OK, fine. But lets see what our callers think. the comm lines are about ready to explode right now with fans eager to get a shot at the ELL Commissioner..."

"Literally?"

"Possibly."

"...so stay with us and we'll get to those and more discussion with the Commissioner Lokensgaard of the ELL right after these messages."

"When the moment strikes, you want to be ready..."

Tag: Trieste

OOC: This was a combined post with Trieste. Thanks for letting me borrow Lokensgaard (I spelled it right this time!) and good luck to all the player teams in the playoffs!

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Final Rankings

1. Hapes Consortium Buccaneers – The C-Bucs have won the Commissioner’s Trophy a year after finishing last in the League. Obviously things needed to be changed up for them to thrive, and they came out to prove something this year. Also, it shows that the decision to move towards a gender-integrated team was the right one.

2. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers – Rocked the C-Bucs last week, and will be the challenger to their hold on the Skywalker Conference this postseason. Look for them to piledrive the Senators this week and put it on the line against Hapes next week.

3. Bakura Miners – The best team that no one talks about. The Miners quietly had a good season, and they should be the favorites to make it to the Galactic Cup Finals this season. We expected nothing less from them.

4. Coruscant Senators – Making it this far is quite an accomplishment, given that they had to win two do-or-die games to get this far. But the luck likely ends here this week against the Smugglers, who just want it more. But the Senators might be building something . . . as long as a pending team sale doesn’t blow their foundations apart.

5. Mando’ade Mercs – Thought we were going to put Denon here? No way, no how. The Mercs are far superior. Everyone knows that. Even the Commissioner knows that. Even the guy selling nachos at the concession stand knows that. Did we mention that everyone knows that?

6. Carratos Pirates – We’re not vindictive about the Demons making the playoffs, are we? No, we didn’t think so. The Pirates are a lot better than their record indicates, and to have Logan Manx admit that he was never 100% this season? That takes a lot of guts to come out publicly with that kind of news, and we salute the former MVP for his mental fortitude and courage.

7. Denon Demons – OK, they do get some billing here because they did win their last four games to make the playoffs. But the Starkillers will hopefully beat them silly, because we don’t want to see this bad a team go to Bakura to play for a Conference title. Because that would be ridiculous.

8. Ralltiir Starkillers – Sometimes the best thing to happen to a team is to get knocked down a peg and realize that they need to band together and be unconvetional in order to win. Remember, the Mercs got popped going into the postseason a few years back, and they won the title. So the Starkillers have a chance to make amends this week, and maybe take the galaxy by surprise if they can find some momentum.

9. Ylesia Lightning – Stayed in the postseason hunt until the last week, but just couldn’t get it done. Not having Kasin Urdaaza really hurt them this season.

10. Chandrila Patriots – A 4-7 team led the league in fewest points allowed? Someone give Keline Socken credit for at least getting her team this far in what otherwise was a rough season.

11. Kashyyyk Rangers – Meh. The Rangers didn’t deliver what they were supposed to, and we didn’t really mind all that much.

12. Rydonni Prime Monarchs – The Galactic Cup festivities will be held on Rydonni Prime this year. We hope they can duplicate last year’s hosting success, if not surpass it. Because we want our cotton candy and Gundark Ears!

17. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    For those of you interested in the Senator situation, I am posting this here from my Fic as an update to the situation.

IC: Gark S'rily
    Coruscant

It was a rainy day on the galactic capital when Gark took a walk. Only a few days had passed since he had lost his appeal in the circuit court, and he was officially out of the Andromeda hierarchy. The weather conditions seemed to fit his mood, rather dreary and gray. So he took a walk to keep his mind off of things.

Now that he was no longer employed, everything felt different somehow. He now felt like just an ordinary person going on with their life in the midst of the galaxy, not the Hall-of-Famer and celebrity that he was. But he didn’t really feel like a celebrity anymore, just like a being whose fame had now left him and was left to pick up the pieces. Undoubtedly there would be offers coming in at some point to hire him to another company, but he didn’t know if they would be worth his time or his effort. For at this point, he wasn’t sure what he wanted. The Limmie team was the obvious want, but that wasn’t coming back, so there was a huge void that needed to be filled in his life. How that hole could be plugged was the mystery, and why he had decided to take this walk in the first place.

Eventually, he found himself at the stadium. Seating a million fans on gameday, he had overseen the money collection process to fund the place after Andromeda got damaged and ultimately rendered unusable after some sewage lines broke and flooded the old venue. Things had been a lot different then, but in some ways they hadn’t. It was just that the circumstances were different now; back then, he had the company and the team but not the funds to replace the stadium. Now the stadium was built, but he didn’t have the company or the team anymore.

He took a long sojourn around the outside of the stadium, looking up into the sky despite the falling raindrops that would sometimes try to lodge themselves in his eyes. He could see the arching pieces of the dome that mostly covered the top of the stadium, with only a small opening for weather to come in through. The idea had not been to create a total dome, because that would have been problematic and rather sterile for what Limmie was supposed to be, an outdoor sport. But after the Andromeda incident, the idea of a dome had been quickly rejected, but pieces of the concept had carried over into the final design and ultimately were built into the real thing.

Eventually, Gark walked over to one of the side entrances to the stadium, his access barred because of the large gate in front of him. Behind the gate stood a stadium security guard he had gotten to know over the years, and who sometimes let him pass through this very gate into the stadium when he didn’t want to make a splashy entrance. Gark had never been one for spectacle; he preferred to go on about his business most times, and only be flashy when he had to.

“I’m afraid I can’t let you in,” the security guard said when he saw Gark leaning on the gate.

“I know,” Gark said. “Hell of a day, isn’t it?”

“Why’d you come?” the man asked.

“What did you expect me to do, stay away from the stadium that I oversaw the construction of?” the Bothan asked. “This place is as much a part of me as anything. Staying away is real hard, and I’ve only had to do it for a few days, maybe two weeks tops.”

“I can understand that,” the guard said, coming over and leaning on the gate as well. “How’s the family?”

“Galin’s taken things real hard,” Gark said. “I expected that much when the verdict was read out. Poor kid’s traumatized that we can’t go in and out of this place as we please.”

“You know, it’s going to be hard to not see you coming through this way on gamedays next year,” the guard commented. “I’ve just gotten so used to it over the years that it’ll take some time getting used to.”

“Tell me about it,” Gark replied sullenly.

“So, what are the plans for the future?” the guard asked. “Have anything lined up now that you don’t have any affiliation to an organization?”

“Not yet. I figure something will come in at some point, but I wonder if I’ll ever find something that works for me,” Gark said with a shrug. “It’s hard to duplicate what I had with the team and all.”

“Yeah, I can respect that. I love being a security guard here. Not like it’s the best job in the world, because it’s not, but there’s just some sense of satisfaction that I get out of this. And that’s why I come back year after year even though I probably could do something else. Just don’t get tired of this place and this gate,” he said with a chuckle. “Maybe I’m just insane.”

“Or maybe just dedicated,” Gark said. “I know I was to the team, and now that’s gone . . . I don’t know where to go from here.”

“Sorry I can’t let you in, but that’s the company rules,” the guard said.

“I know. I didn’t come to ask you to do so.”

“Then why’d you come out all this way?”

“I just wanted to thank you for what you’ve done here for the last decade. I really appreciate it,” Gark said with a nod. “All those games you worked, back at the ‘Drom, the lost season, and then here . . . it was greatly appreciated.”

“Glad to have been of service,” the man said. “Keep in touch, alright? And maybe come to one or two of the games at some point to say ‘hello’.”

“And that’s the other weird thing. Now I have to stand in line at the windows to get tickets like a normal person. That’s going to be a shock to the system.”

“Sometimes the ticket lines are where things really get interesting.”

“Really?”

“Oh yeah. People barking at others for taking too long, the long lines, the anticipation to get inside . . . it’s a real spectacle.”

“We’ll see if I want to bother coming next year. It’ll still be a sore spot.”

“Any news on a possible sale of the team?”

“Nope. They wouldn’t tell me even if they did,” Gark said.

“It’d be a shame. I think this team has promise,” the guard said. “Blowing it up now would just be vanity . . . or stupidity . . .”

“I think so too,” Gark said.

“Anyways, you probably should get going. Don’t want to get fired,” the guard said.

“Alright. I’ll see you later,” Gark said before he walked away from the gate. It was a surreal feeling to be sure, but it was the new normal for him. The Senators no longer belonged to him, and that would take a lot of getting used to.

He walked by the ticket windows on his journey. He stood there for a few moments, just surveying the whole scene as he stood there alone in the deserted plaza. A small sign had been placed on one of the windows declaring that season ticket sales for the 282 season were on hold until a resolution could be made regarding the sale of the team. The thought of a sale thoroughly sickened Gark; it was taking his pet project and giving it away for money. The creeps now in charge only thought of the team in purely monetary terms, and that was why they had gotten away with what they did. To him, the team was a lot more than just a credit sink; it had been a reason for getting up every morning and going to work. Now he didn’t have the team or work to get up for, and it was making him antsy. Rumors of a team sale just made things worse.

Gark finally just sighed and moved on. He had better things to do than stand here, didn’t he? He kept going until he finally reached the pro shop attached to the stadium. On a dreary weekday morning like this, there were only a few people inside, so he decided to go in. The staff for the most part left him alone as he wandered the venue. There were the racks of jerseys for sale, the Gamble, Adama, and Mettews jerseys all there. Then there were racks of items printed with the names of likenesses of the old Senator greats, the ‘vintage’ Horstse and Vayne jerseys and t-shirts in the old styles like they had been in the mid-260s during the team heyday under his leadership.

But the marketing bit didn’t stop at jerseys and t-shirts or other apparel. Pretty much anything you could think of that could be branded with the Senator logo and trademark was there, along with many things you didn’t think could be. There were bumper stickers and bobbleheads, foam bolo balls and trading cards. Gark took some pause at the Garden Ogre product, which was a rather stupid-looking ogre-like creature with a silly hat and pennant in hand with the Senator logo. Obviously they were meant for decoration, but they just looked unnecessary. And then there were the drinking implements, the pint glasses and shot glasses along with tankards of every shape and size. Drinking alcohol while watching games was obviously a big pastime for fans, and needing implements of alcohol consumption was important to sell in the team shop.

“Can I help you with something?” a staffer asked as Gark perused the shop.

“No, I’m just looking,” the Bothan said, trying to keep his face hidden as much as possible.

“OK. If there’s anything I can help you with, please let me know,” the staffer said before walking away.

Gark sighed again. He wasn’t used to trying to keep his identity hidden. It wasn’t out of vanity or anything, just necessity at this point. He didn’t want to get bombarded with more questions about the future of the team or what he was going to do in three months’ time. He just wanted to be alone for a while, just to have time to think.

Eventually he left the pro shop without buying anything, and he continued his trek back to the speeder. When he got inside, he sat there for several seconds before starting the motor and driving off. He wanted to leave the stadium behind, because it was just another reminder of what he had lost and what he wanted so desperately to recover.

Later on, he just took a walk downtown. It was mid-day by this point, so there were more people out on the streets and the increase in traffic made it undesirable to be on the hyperlanes at this point if you didn’t have to be there in the first place. Every now and then, Gark could come across a homeless person, pandering for any money, food, or narcotic they could get their hands on. Although he was still very well-off, Gark felt at least a little like them in the fact that he was lost and didn’t know how to climb out of the hole that had been dug for him. He was far from begging for money on street corners, but at the same time he could understand that plight. Sometimes, when things didn’t go right, they just went horribly wrong, and all there was to do was try to hold on and make the best of it. That wasn’t going to be easy, but what choice did he have at this point?

As he kept walking, he saw a few people wearing Senators hats, scarves, or other sort of apparel as they scurried about. He could overhear some of their conversations as he passed by. “What’s going to happen to the team?” one asked a friend.

“I don’t know. We just have to hope that the company knows what they’re doing and doesn’t screw things up totally,” was the reply. Gark had to agree on this sentiment, but he wasn’t going to say anything. He didn’t have to; he was living that nightmare already. There was no need to add to his misery in that regard.

The weirdest part of losing the team was that he was now just a typical fan, no longer above the masses who followed the team whether they could attend games or not. He had been in this situation once before, back when Calo Mornd had taken him to within an inch of complete ruin, but this time was different. Then, Mornd had found a way to get him off-planet by charging the Bothan with crimes he had not committed. But this time, the company had ousted him with a much more ‘respectable’ plan, if you could describe such an act of back-stabbing in such polite terminology. And this time it had worked out in their favor, because Mornd had been buried in the courts when his lies had come to the forefront. This time, the courts had not been Gark’s friend, and they had done him in.

And it was a very odd feeling to be nothing more than just a nobody on the streets taking a walk. He had always wanted to keep his identity to himself, because his mug was well-recognized. But now it was more because he didn’t want to field questions, since those queries would likely increase with time. All of the ordinary fans would have their opinions on what should be done with the team, and Gark wanted to stay out of their way. They could have their opinions, but he didn’t want to have to share his. He just wanted to float along.

Finally he went home, back to the quiet place where he could just sit and think. He didn’t want to look for a job, not now anyways. It was a perfect opportunity to evaluate where he was, and where he wanted to be in a year’s time. Where did he see himself, and what did he want to accomplish? What did the future have in store for him?

And would Limmie ever return to his life? That was the big question that he knew would perturb him for the foreseeable future. There was just one option he knew he could follow if he wanted to stay.

That was the million-credit question.

TAG: No One

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

IC: Kelly Telaam
    Six Boroughs Plaza
    Nar Shaddaa

I stand in a sea of people alone and afraid. All around me there are signs of love, signs of recognition, signs of knowing where one belongs. I have none of that. I have nothing. I have looked into my past and all I see is lies. I have looked into my future and all I see is uncertainty. I have looked deep into my soul, beyond my flesh and blood, and seen a truth that haunts me with every waking moment. I don't know who I am. I don't even know why I exist. What am I?

All season long I have believed in my job. I have believed in myself. Now, as I stand on the verge of taking my first step into the playoffs of Elite League Limmie, I find that I no longer have the resolve I once did. I find my confident stride weighed down by a heavy burden of truth. A heavy burden that I was merely one man's fantasy. One man's vain attempt at playing Maker just so that he couldn't confront his own grief.

Where is my courage?

I have stood before millions of Mandalorians in their intimidating beskar'gam and blown my whistle in contempt of the fans who worship the very ground that my feet have come to rest upon. I have stood at Six Boroughs and held my ground while the stands shake with a fury I have never known before. I have gone toe to toe with the dirtiest player in the game, Shady Lerouex, and emerged victorious. I promised myself long ago when I first took this job as an official of the Elite League that I would never compromise my values if it meant destroying the integrity of the game. I hope I have upheld the honor of the beautiful game. I hope I have made those who trained me proud. I hope that I have given the Commissioner a reason to believe that he chose well in agreeing to let me follow the most penalized squad in Elite League Limmie history: the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.

I've upheld my end of the bargain. I've done all I can and traveled as far as I can go. Yet I find myself, staring up at these leader boards, watching season highlights come and go, wondering if I can find it within myself to go to one more game after all that I have been through. Are the answers I seek up there in the heavens or right here in front of me? Am I not worthy of praise and self respect? I don't know.

I did the very best I could this year. Assembling a capable crew, assembling a capable team, to go and officiate in some of the most heavily contested games of the season. We did well. We all did so well. Is that journey coming to an end? I don't know. I suppose that all depends on what I have decided. What I have chosen to accept.

Accept the truth.

Vlad, Isabele, and John are beside me now. Their expressions are ones of determination. They are focused. They are ready. Where I go, so shall they follow. My datapad vibrates and I look down at the message. It's from the Commissioner. My heart drops. I falter ever so slightly. I cannot believe the news. I turn to my crew, to my team, to my friends, and tell them that we are not going to be staying on Nar Shaddaa. We are going to Ralltiir. We are leaving this moon behind and all that we have created for ourselves.

I'm angry. Not at my team. No, never at them. I'm angry that I won't be here to keep an eye on Nar Shaddaa. To police a dangerous Charlie Blackwood, or an explosive Shady Lerouex, or the quietly calculating mind of Erin Windreaver. How could they do this to me? I know this team. I know this franchise. And now I'm being sent to Ralltiir. Why? What did I do to deserve this?

Realization. Enlightenment. Self-awareness.

My anger subsides. I understand. I understand what I am and who I have become. Living experiment of a man who once lost the daughter he loved so dearly. I am an Elite League referee. I am at the will of Commissioner Lokensgaard's power. I am the representation of all that the ELL stands for while on the field.

There is something the galaxy doesn't know about me. Something I just discovered. Something I never could have believed in a million years had I not seen the evidence for myself. That night when I split my face open after my father told me I wasn't real, that I wasn't even human, I saw something that made me question everything. I saw something that gave me all the answers I had ever been looking for. The reasons for all my sudden bouts of pain were so clear. Everything became so clear.

My name is Kelly Telaam.

I know now why I am not human. I know now why I am not real.

I am a human replica droid.

Tag: Trieste,Runjedirun (brief mention of team)

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Playoffs.

That says it all, doesn't it? Well, not all. If you haven't sent in all-star votes or season award nominees, then end of the day today is the day to do that. :)

Bonus potential for Coruscant, Nar Shadda, and Ralltiir. Let's do it.

Conference Semifinals
    (3) Coruscant Senators at (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (7-10)
    (3) Denon Demons at (2) Ralltiir Starkillers (17-34)

Conference Finals
    (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at (1) Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    (2) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Bakura Miners

TAG: jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Gark S’rily
    Radio Studio, Coruscant

“We have a very special guest today on the show, Mr. Gark S’rily,” the radio DJ said. “Welcome to the show, sir. It’s an honor to be speaking to you.”

“Thanks for having me on your show,” Gark commented.

“I know it’s been a hard last month for you, and you’ve been trying to stay out of the public eye, so I won’t try to press.”

“Try me,” Gark said simply.

“So, the first question on everyone’s mind. What’s going on with the Senators franchise right now?”

“I don’t know. Those in charge haven’t told me anything,” Gark said. “And I doubt that’s going to change.”

“Fair enough. But it must be hard to see the team out of your control . . .”

“Look, it’s been a hard month, and I don’t need the reminder,” Gark said, obviously annoyed.

“OK. I said I wasn’t going to press on that, so I won’t. Anyways, to the second-most important question for our listeners is to know what you’re going to be up to in the future. You’ve kinda dropped off the face of Coruscant for the last month, and we just want to know what’s up.”

“Things are a little better now that I’ve come to terms with what happened, or at least as close as I can get. That was a pretty big loss for me.”

“Any big things you see for yourself in the next year?”

“Try to get back on my feet and do something interesting. I’m really not sure, since I don’t know what I really want to do.”

“Any chance you try to work yourself back into the Elite League? I mean, it wouldn’t be with the Senators, and you’re the local guy made good on that, so it would probably be sacrilege to be a part of any other team . . .”

“I admit that I’ve been thinking on that as well,” Gark said, scratching his chin as he spoke. “And I finally came to a consensus with my conscience. If there’s a team out there willing to give me a job, I guess I would be a fool not to at least consider it.”

“I imagine it would be pretty hard going to another organization, after two decades spent with the Senators.”

“It’s just a fact of life, I guess. The Senators didn’t want me anymore, so I guess that’s just what happens. Coruscant will always hold a special place for me, and I wouldn’t guarantee that I would go anywhere else. After all, this is just me being open to a new opportunity if the right one came along.”

“Teams of the Elite League would probably love to have you. What kinds of things would you be looking for in a team?”

“Look, I just said it was a possibility, a slight possibility. Nothing more than that right now,” Gark said. “Very likely I don’t go anywhere at all.”

“But you’re leaving the door open?”

“You said that, not me,” Gark replied. “If a team is really set on talking to me, I’ll listen. Otherwise, I’ll just see the writing on the wall and find opportunities here on Coruscant. After all, I’m sure someone would love to have me.”

“And there you have it, folks. Gark S’rily has stated that he might be open to joining a new organization in the Elite League if the right offer came along. We’ll take a break here on Little Coruscant Radio, and come back to you in a few minutes with reaction from my co-hosts and listeners like you. So don’t touch that dial, and stay tuned . . .”

As stated above, the legendary Gark S’rily has said that he would be open to joining a new organization for the upcoming 282 Elite League season. Therefore, this opens up an opportunity for another player in this game to have access to S’rily for the upcoming season should their pitch to him prove enough incentive for him to commit.

Welcome to the Gark S’rily Sweepstakes.

[​IMG]

Call it a ‘Decision’, or just a decision made by a man who just can’t give Limmie at its highest level up. Whatever it’s called, it’s an opportunity for you as an Elite League player to add the Hall-of-Famer to your story for the 282 season. Since he no longer owns or operates the Senators, he is free to join any organization as he so pleases without breaching contract. However, he is not guaranteed to go to any organization should the “right offer” not materialize, so teams need to be ready for him not to stay in the Elite League.

Q: My organization is interested in signing Mr. S’rily on for the 282 season. What protocol do I follow to try and sign him?

A: In order to provide an offer, I as the creator of the character must be sent a separate PM conversation with the following items:

• A subject heading describing that the thread is for negotiating terms.
    • What position Mr. S’rily would be hired for in your organization. A short description would be nice.
    • The terms of the proposed contract. Beyond it being just for one season, what kind of terms are we talking about (just needs to be general, not really in-depth).
    • A paragraph or two on why Mr. S’rily should choose your organization as a destination. Include information on fit within the organization, team culture, fans, etc. This is especially important for rival teams who Mr. S’rily may be rather hesitant towards joining without a very convincing argument. Basically, what does your team offer that no one else can?
    • How you intend to use Mr. S’rily in your story. I would like to know what role he will play in your story for the upcoming season, because I would like to see him appear every now and then if possible.

Q: What’s the catch? There’s always a catch.

A: I would like any potential suitors to follow these basic ground rules.

Ground Rules:

Role: Mr. S’rily has major roots on Coruscant. He is likely not going to pack his and his family’s bags and relocate to your organization’s planet without an excellent reason to do so. He would like to be able to live at home as much of the year as possible, so he would prefer a role which would allow him to accommodate family time into his schedule, and potentially work from home if the situation arises. Obviously this is open to you as a fellow player to decide, and any role can be included in an application, but working as a janitor just won’t fly with him, for instance. Be reasonable in your contract offers.

Use Expectations: Since he has been a player character, and I have been including him in my stories since June 2010, I have a major vested interest in his well-being. Therefore, if you win the bidding process and get to use Gark for the upcoming season, I will ask of you to not to subject him to any the following items: threatening or the enforcing of bodily harm or death in any manner, have him land in legal trouble for any reason, having him get drunk or addicted to some foreign substance, betting on games, getting him into an intimate relationship with another character (he’s quite happily married already), denouncing the Senators or Coruscant in any way (despite how let-down he feels about the Andromeda Corporation for letting him go and taking his team, he isn’t all of a sudden going to become the biggest Coruscant or Senator hater, so let’s be realistic here), have him sign any contract with your organization beyond the one-year deal you and I have bargained for (I intend for this to be a one-year experiment to see how things go), or anything else that would smear his name or image with the greater galaxy and Limmie fans or League. Basically, don’t do to him what you wouldn’t want me to do to one of your characters in the same situation.

And if there’s ever a question regarding how to use him, you can always run it by me. Same goes for if you’re going to be using him for a reason that might be questionable within the ground rules, please run that by my first.

So let the bidding process begin.

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Keli Sen
    Concordia

The second time around wasn’t going to be nearly as easy, the critics said. Unlike the prior year, where the Thyferra Force had been the darlings of the Futures League, now they were the defending champions with the targets on their backs. They had dealt with the harsh reality all season long on their way to a rough year, and despite defeating Byblos the prior week to get to the League semifinals, Concordia wouldn’t be making this easy.

The prior week’s game had been an intense battle between defenses. The Red Wings had keyed in on the anemic Force offensive attack and made it hard for the forwards to find space. The Force in turn locked down the Byblos attack, using their strength on defense to keep themselves in the game. First-year goalie Leb Dameron had played a solid game in the 7-3 win, showing some flashes of brilliance that could suit him well in the future if given the opportunity.

But the lack of offense was still a problem. While the Force had the second-best defense in the league, their offense was once again in last place. Some things would have to be moved around during the offseason, Keli understood. Since the big club had six picks in the upcoming Elite League Draft, potentially a new forward or two would arrive in Thyferra camp and propel the offense like Harper Rice had in the championship season. Rice had moved on to the Senators and had filled in capably there as a backup for a playoff team, so he had some skills. Now they needed to find another coming of him, since the Force just couldn’t score like they needed to. It hadn’t haunted them last year because their defense had been suffocating, but this year it had been a problem. If they weren’t careful, that lack of scoring would bury them against the third-ranked Crusaders offense.

And doing it on the road would be difficult. As the fourth-seed in the division, the Force were going to have to win three straight road games to make it back to the Futures Cup Final, a tall task. While it had been done before, it was rare, and never easy. Byblos had put up a major fight, and Concordia likely would as well. And even if the Force managed to eke out a win here, it would be a trip to Tatooine to face off against the Twin Suns and the Sandskimmers. Although Keli had once coached on Tatooine, the heat had just been intolerable. How anyone could want to live there, she didn’t know, because it was just too hot. And playing as a road team in a playoff game in that kind of heat would likely spell disaster.

But that was the goal. Beat the Crusaders, get the Sandskimmers. It was all part of the process for the Thyferra Force, a process potentially muddled by issues with the big club’s management. What would happen in the offseason, no one knew. Right now, Keli’s job wasn’t to worry about that; she had bigger fish to fry. And that started on the field.

22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus rolls for: Druckenwell (28), Gallinore (28), Thyferra (32) and Concordia (30)

Futures Cup Playoffs

Round Two
    Strensky Conference
    (3) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (2) Gallinore Firedrakes (2-8)
    Grames Conference
    (4) Thyferra Force @ (2) Concordia Crusaders (15-28)

Semifinals
    Strensky Conference
    (2) Gallinore Firedrakes @ (1) Atzerri Bandits
    Grames Conference
    (2) Concordia Crusaders @ (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers

Tags: Vehn jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    College Limmie Playoff Bracket:

First Round:

39 University of Devaron (Independent) vs. Imperial College of Bastion (SEC #2) 19
    32 Garqi State University (SEC #3) vs. Royal College of Hapes (Rim 10 #2) 14

Round of 12:

16 University of Zeltros, Paradise (Big 20#2) vs. Chewbacca College (KAAC Winner) 36
    35 College of Fondordelphia (S16 #2) vs. University of Rattatak (Big 20 Winner) 6
    28 University of Devaron vs. Chiss Ascendancy University, Pesfavri (CAA Winner) 31
    23 Garqi State University vs. Enarch Technical University (RAAC-14 Winner) 33

Quarterfinals:

36 Cinnagar Imperial College (S16 Winner) vs. Bakuran Fleet Academy (Bak10 Winner) 22
    20 Taanab A&M University (SEC Winner) vs. Balmorra State University (Rim 10 Winner) 40
    4 Chewbacca College vs. Chiss Ascendancy University, Pesfavri 0
    5 College of Fondordelphia vs. Enarch Technical University 33

Semifinals:

Enarch Technical University vs. Cinnagar Imperial College
    Chewbacca College vs. Balmorra State University

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar Thorne
    Nar Shaddaa

The taste of defeat was a bitter one for Briar as the game between the Senators and Smugglers ended with the home team pulling out a tough 10-7 win. The teams had grappled in a similar game during the regular season, but this time the hosts had been able to put up enough points to win. It was a devastating defeat for a team now going into an offseason where things could be defined, redefined, or completely blown apart, Briar didn’t know which would come first.

The defense had come out to play today. After giving up quite a few points to the Mercs the prior week, the defenders had made amends for those shortcomings. The Gamble-Keisel duo had played splendidly as per usual for them, Gamble demonstrating that she was a star in the league for a reason, and Keisel once again showing that the Smugglers were wrong to trade him away two seasons prior. The half backs for the most part held despite having two starters out for the game, Patricia Meter out for the season and Jamee Meels missing his third game with a leg injury. Eddie Munster and Melina Havelock filled in admirably for the lost half backs once again, Munster proving his first-round talent and Havelock demonstrating the reason why she had once been an All-Star with Hapes. Even the reserves had played hard today, most especially Chestnut Reeser. The second-year Selonian, with the team’s half back depth against the wall, came out with a strong effort off the bench by spelling the half back trio at different times and keeping the Smugglers on their toes. It had been a loss, but Reeser had a nice little coming out party on the field, and would get another look in the offseason. Kelly Vurgess also looked strong in her minutes.

But the offense just hadn’t gotten the job done. The Smuggler defense had been rock-solid, and Leia Adama and company just hadn’t gotten any space. Adama, finally pronounced healthy despite not quite looking like it, had been a complete non-factor. Natasha Ehlers scored the lone goal on the day against Charlie Blackwood, who had just wanted things more. And the offensive effort frustrated Briar to no end; they had scored over 70 points in the two wins to get here, and then laid an absolute egg once again. And it wasn’t just this year; they had done that the prior year against Ylesia and scored all of one point in the playoff loss. She had heard that similar things had happened to the franchise in recent years in playoff games. All in all, they had lost six straight playoff contests, and five of those losses had seen single-digit point totals. That kind of poor play was the reason why the team was so unreliable in the postseason, and was something that Briar knew she would have to work on. Because things just weren’t getting done when they needed to be done when push came to shove.

But what would the offseason bring? Briar still had no idea what to expect from the upcoming months. She had six draft picks to work with, but the additional selections would all be low-value picks due to the success of the teams they were coming from. Odds were good that one of them would make the Cup Finals, and it seemed likely that one of them would win it all and pin the Senator picks down to the bottom of the draft order. She had made a gamble in the C-Bucs trade the prior offseason, and it hadn’t paid off as the C-Bucs surprisingly ran roughshod over the league. And now she was left holding the bag with low picks that likely wouldn’t offer any help to her team.

And then there were the pending team sale rumors. Briar was trying to ignore all that talk, but it proved an impossible feat. She couldn’t tune things out when they potentially included her ouster at the hands of a new owner. And, in the end, there was likely nothing she could do. Could this have been her last game with the Senators organization? Would the Senators even exist after all this? There were always rumors that teams could be moved to another planet, and it wasn’t exactly a far-fetched idea. Some teams changed planets over the years, so it wasn’t unheard of.

Briar looked down on the field. She could make out Leia Adama on the field below, her jersey dirty and a long expression on her face. It was very possible that this was her last game as a Senator, since her contract was up. The team had never won a playoff game with her on the roster, and it seemed very possible that she would see such failures as reason to leave town instead of signing a new contract and potentially being stuck on a sinking ship, especially if the team was sold and the new owner decided to strip things down.

And it just gave Briar a bit of a headache. There was no running away from the offseason now; it was now right in her face. And the uncertainty of it all made her skin crawl. She didn’t like a lack of continuity, since the Miners usually had a solid plan in place for the next season. But this kind of situation was something different, something she couldn’t really prepare for. That’s what made her nervous.

The Senators had lost once again in the postseason, extending a streak that seemed like it would never end, and their future looked bleak. Needless to say, it was a silent ride home on the team shuttle. The players knew that they had blown it, and there was nothing to cheer them up. Their year was over, and their misery had been extended.

And Briar was worried it would only get worse.

TAG: Vehn

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Mando'ade Mercs Board of Trustees extend the contracts for all Mercs front office and coaching staff
    • Miners Chairwoman Regan Eldred on whether the Miners will bid for Gark S'rily's services: "We like the staff we've developed in our front office. We're not going to upset the apple speeder"
    • ELL announces 281 All-Stars
    Skywalker Conference
    Head Coach: Leota Avoy (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Starters
    Goalkeeper: Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)
    Defender: Miles Abreggado (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Defender: Tuvaash Mauntak (Mando'ade Mercs)
    Defender: Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)
    Midfielder: Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Forward: Logan Manx (Carratos Pirates)
    Forward: Wai Lin (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Forward: Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Reserves
    Goalkeeper: Charlie Blackwood (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Defender: Wilhuff Nexrus (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Defender: Eponette Ternardiel (Carratos Pirates)
    Defender: Ugdulo Borr (Chandrila Patriots)
    Midfielder: Sharsy Wenips (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    Forward: La'Bron Jaing (Mando'ade Mercs)
    Forward: Else Reppen (Carratos Pirates)
    Forward: Fu Arock (Mando'ade Mercs)
    Solo Conference
    Head Coach: Gaeriel Valerii (Bakura Miners)
    Starters
    Goalkeeper: Lizbit Comstock (Bakura Miners)
    Defender: Horst Penn (Bakura Miners)
    Defender: Ty Allin (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Defender: Noah Till (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Midfielder: Bat Vigo (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Forward: Kara Suryesh (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Forward: Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)
    Forward: Li Roy Jinkins (Denon Demons)
    Reserves
    Goalkeeper: Kaat Stun (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Defender: Sugnok Umanh (Denon Demons)
    Defender: Shakha (Ylesia Lightning)
    Defender: Liddy Powe (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Midfielder: Prya Tiin (Ylesia Lightning)
    Forward: Vesper Lynd (Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
    Forward: Gary Zonka (Bakua Miners)
    Forward: Lowbook (Kashyyyk Rangers)
    • Highlights from balloting
      • Leota Avoy unanimous choice to coach Skywalker Conference
      • Miles Abreggado, Logan Manx, and Erin Windreaver all named assistant captains of Skywalker Conference team
      • Gaeriel Valerii named Solo Conference head coach by a narrow margin
      • Lizbit Comstock, Horst Penn, and Kara Suryesh all named assistant captains of Solo Conference team
      • Ralltiir Starkillers lead all teams with four starters
      • Conference leading Miners and Buccaneers tied with five all-stars (1 head coach, 3 starters, 1 reserve apiece)
      • Li Roy Jinkins to be officially sponsored by Kuat Fried Chicken during all-star game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.