main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Statement from Logan Manx: "While I appreciate the support I wasn't lying when I said I'd played my last game. I'll be there to cheer on the Else, Ponie and the rest of the Skywalker, but unless the league changes it's rules pertaining to mobility devices on the field that's all I'll do"
    • ELL announces that La'Bron Jaing will be promoted to starter for game with Shady Lereoux named as extra reserve for Skywalker Conference
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Vehn

2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

This your Elite League Limmie 281 Season Award ballot. Thank you to everyone who contributed with suggestions, even if I didn't make use of all of them. Please vote for one in each category via PM, to be received by the end of the day on October 4.

Salbukk Award (player most valuable to his or her team)
    • La'Bron Jaing (Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)
    Ingbrand Award (rookie of the year)
    • Miles Abreggado (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Charlie Blackwood (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    • Nathan Red (Bakura Miners)
    Langann Award (head coach of the year)
    • Leota Avoy (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Peet Carelle (Coruscant Senators)
    • Mylessa McCloud (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Grames Award (general manager of the year)
    • Quinn Cundertol (Bakura Miners)
    • Lilly Vehn (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
    Duchess Eldin Award (sportsmanship)
    • Leia Adama (Coruscant Senators)
    • Logan Manx (Carratos Pirates)
    • Kara Suryesh (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Vigo Award (perseverance and dedication to the sport of limmie)
    • Alyada Hovechar (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    Comeback Player of the Year
    • Tendra Nalo (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    • Bartholomew Vigo (Ralltiir Starkillers)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    281 Elite League All-Pro Team

Goalkeeper: Keline Socken (Chandrila Patriots)​
    Defender: Ugdulo Borr (Chandrila Patriots)​
    Defender: Miles Abreggado (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)​
    Defender: Christine Gamble (Coruscant Senators)​
    Defender: Wilhulf Nexrus (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)​
    Defender: Ken Zetter (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)​
    Defender: Girola Gundor (Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)​
    Midfielder: Erin Windreaver (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)​
    Midfielder: Jolla Pic (Bakura Miners)​
    Forward: Fu Arock (Mando’ade Mercs)​
    Forward: Niskat Deenever (Bakura Miners)​
    Forward: Kara Suryesh (Ralltiir Starkillers)​
    Forward: La’Bron Jaing (Mando’ade Mercs)​
    Forward: Shady Lerouex (Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)​
    Forward: Gary Zonka (Bakura Miners)​

4. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    From the Data Pad of Tomas Vigo

Sunday

I think it’s safe to say the Demons defensive players will be seeing my brother score goals in their sleep tonight. What a performance! I don’t think I have seen Coach Jul so fired up in my life. “Shoot Bartholomew, Shoot!” She was mumbling under her breath during that first offensive possession. The next thing I knew the ball went right by the goal tender and into the net. Coach Jul jumped at least three feet in the air.

When the ball came back into play Denon tried to even the score. At first even I couldn’t see where Leo Fostiir was hiding. Maybe I have a disadvantage being down on the field. From up above it was probably obvious that he was trying to crouch behind that female ref. The Demons offense certainly didn’t notice him shadowing her and he was easily able to pounce and tackle. The ball came loose and Fostiir tossed it back to Ty. Ty passed right back up field to Dunerider. Dunerider wanted to score but she didn’t have a good look. She passed up to Sureysh who got us another 3 points. “That a girl Kara,” Coach Jul hollered.

Klick played midfield with Hovechar this week and she did a great job. She doesn’t really get many touches. She uses that long neck of hers to see over all the players and direct Hovechar to where she needs to be to get any loose balls she can. Klick might also be a great advantage if it rains on Bakura next week. She is Kaminoan after all. I don’t pay that much attention in Geography but I think it’s safe to say they get rain on Kamino.

Coach Till was directing the defense on the field much in the same way that Klick directed Hovechar. Coach didn’t get his hands dirty much out there either. He did give Ty and Noah some pushes towards their respective offensive players though. Sometimes I could hear him barking directions at them during the first half. “Here they come,” he would say setting up. “Dev move left, Robacca you cover the lead man, Fostiir….Fostiir where are you?” The whole thing may have been a set up to confuse the Demons offense. They’d be looking for Fostiir, waiting for him to pounce out of the shadows again and Ty would make the easy steal.

Twenty points, my brother scored 20 points. Six goals and two bar points. No telling what he could have done out there if we had kept him in during the second half. It was obvious we had the win though. We had to make sure the starters were healthy for the Miners next week. Jul’s strategy was to use Frokabukk and Lofykam to take down the defenders opening up the others to score. Sureysh, Dunerider, and Lightcin seemed content to pass mostly to my brother for the scores though. I guess they just knew he was hot.

Speaking of Lightcin there’s a player I bet you didn’t expect to see starting today. She’s been a part of this team forever, aside from one year when she played with Coruscant. Ever since then she has been on and off our bench. It was nice to see her back in the line-up because she had some really nice plays out there.

At halftime we were up a solid 19 points. All three coaches agreed that the starters would be pulled during the first 5 minutes of the second half. I know you fans were enjoying the scoring by the boos we heard when the starters left the field. Once the coaches were engaged in making sure our bench held the lead Spencer and I headed back into the locker room. We got to put up the protective plastic in front of all the lockers so that when we opened bottles and celebrated after the game nothing important got messed up.

Some might say it was premature of us to celebrate a simple play-off win. But it’s our first, our first since returning to the ELL in 272. It took us 9 seasons to accomplish this, I think it’s worth celebrating. Besides you probably noticed that we didn’t do any fancy announcements or pre-game paraphernalia. That was at the request of our Coaches. They wanted as little fanfare as possible before the game. I don’t even want to think about how it would have been if we hadn’t won today. My mom made sure to order everything in case we won. Mostly it was bottles and bottles of sparkling juice.

Too many players and at least one coach have a bad history with spirits in our locker room so the whole team celebrated without actual spirits. Once Spencer and I had ensured that everything was covered in plastic we headed back out on field with our arms full of the sparkling juice bottles. I stood guard while Spencer grabbed some empty coolers. We filled the coolers and even shared in some of the sweet bubbly drink. Once we got the coolers full we carried them one by one up closer to the bench. We recruited 6 players to quietly get up and pour juice on three coaches simultaneously. It wasn’t easy, but we pulled it off.

Shortly after the juice baths the clock finally hit zero. The noise in the stadium was so loud I thought my eardrums would burst. Didn’t bother me a bit though. My face still hurts from smiling so much tonight. Confetti fell like New Year ’s Eve and Ty lifted me in the air. “We did it Tomas!” He exclaimed. After that he ran to kiss my sister. I celebrated for a bit on the field. I looked up to wave good-bye to my girl and her family. After that I took a private lift upstairs to hug my mom. She didn’t want to come down on the field tonight. The excitement was enough for her up in the sound proof booth she said. She’ll be making a statement tomorrow though.

I had to come home early anyway. I wanted to say good-bye to Spencer before he left for Tatooine and I had to get home to write this entry before bed. I’m going to school tomorrow through Thursday. Thursday night I leave for Bakura. I can’t believe it. Best day ever. Thanks for supporting us Starkiller fans.

Tags: Vehn Trieste

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Miners address media before start of week practice, now knowing who they will face in Solo Conference Final
      • All-Star head coach Gaeriel Valerii: "We didn't want one team over another. Whoever won was going to be battle-tested and Ralltiir is worthy of our respect"
      • All-Star starting goalkeeper Lizbit Comstock: "The defense is going to have to be better this time and that includes me, first and foremost"
        • Added: "Yeah, it's pretty appropriate that at the other end will be the other all-star goalkeeper. This game is where I need to show why I'm starting"
      • Morgan Alesh: "We had their D figured out in our first game. That's what we need to do again...but...you know, not exactly that...I'm totally not revealing our game plan or anything..."
      • All-Star Gary Zonka asked whether Emperor Palpatine was a good guy: "I'm just here so I don't get fined"
      • Ingbrand nominee Nathan Red on his nomination: "I am flattered that I have followed in the footsteps of a great to the degree that I would receive this honor. Make no mistake: my greatest triumphs are yet to come"
        • No word on how Valerii will balance time between Red and Bourdogny, but the coach says midfield will be "the X factor for both teams," citing Comeback Player of the Year nominee Bat Vigo
          • Jolla Pic: "Vigo is an offensive threat not seen on the Starkillers since Loren Jul"
      • All-Star Niskat Deenever: "I want some oranges this time. I'm starving. Can I get some food here?"
      • Kettin Hervey: "They were our only conference loss this season. I want to beat every Solo team this year. Like super duper badly"
      • Grames nominee Quinn Cundertol: "Replacing a franchise player and getting a first round playoff bye? I'd say I deserve a Grames nomination"
        • Cundertol asked if he felt he should win, but before he could reply team physician Han Tunross interjected to end Cundertol's comments to the media
      • BBC Weather forecasts 50% chance of rain at game time
    TAG: Runjedirun

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Financial Square Arena, Cambrielle, Ralltiir

Ordinarily, Fenrir would have been a little miffed about not being asked back to the owner’s box. It was almost as if the Vigos didn’t want him back. Truth be told, Fenrir was relieved. The last visit had been so stressful minding the young ones that he was prepared to invest in several of the child leashes that he had seen and thought were a ridiculous idea as recently as four months ago. Now they seemed a vital method of keeping younglings alive.

The seat he had was in the stands with the Starkillers faithful. Lokensgaard knew that this playoff game was either going to be the greatest thing to happen to the team since being promoted into the Elite League or another tough blow in their franchise’s history. It was a storied history to be sure--no team had as many Galactic Cups and zero losses in the Final as they did, but those were all a long time distant. This fanbase wanted something to hang their hats on in the here and now.

The Commissioner had promised to come to a Demons game if they made the playoffs and he was making good on that today. After his early week guest spot on the Rancor Pit, Fenrir had to admit that he could see where the Mandalorians were coming from. A 4-7 playoff team was a new low when it came to playoff eligibility. Then again, he’d also meant what he said in response to the criticism from Randy. What if this Demons team defied the odds and went all the way? They’d have the galaxy hanging on every second.

Somebody was going to win their first playoff game of the Silver Age today. It was a recipe for amazing limmie.

Though Lokensgaard had pulled Telaam’s crew off the Smugglers, he was glad that he did. He had reluctantly approved her following the Smugglers this season. Force knew that the team needed reining in. But now Kelly would be under an even bigger microscope. Her calls didn’t just come down to wins and losses--they were going to determine moving on in the playoffs. They could potentially deny someone the Galactic Cup. If the Smugglers lost this week on one of her calls, he’d have a firestorm on his hands. If she put in a solid game today away from the Smugglers, he’d have the ammunition to put her back into the Skywalker Conference games if the Smugglers advanced. If they didn’t…

Now that’s a thought, Fenrir mused. Perhaps Bakura deserves having her special brand of justice.

But then again, Lokensgaard knew what no one else did. In their face-to-face meeting during the season, Telaam had told her what was surely her darkest secret: that she was a human replica droid. As far as Fenrir was concerned, she had to be a Guri-quality one, if not better. Telaam probably hadn’t thought about it, but her very existence could be an explosive problem. If the rest of the officials ever found out who she was, there would be a near riot if they thought that they might get replaced by droids. (In fact, on Bakura there could very well be a literal riot given their planet’s history with artificial intelligence.) If they ever found out that he knew...it could end his career. Lokensgaard had shared none of this with Telaam. Better that she didn’t know how precarious this situation was. They both had plenty at stake in this. They’d both keep silent on the truth of the situation. Perhaps he was crazy for keeping her in the rotation, but then again if she could corral the Smugglers...

All these thoughts were swept away once the game began. The Starkillers played with fire. You could see it in the players on the field. You could see it in the coaches on the sideline. You could see it in the coaches on the field. This was a team that would not be denied. They surged and rolled.

Just like the last time Fenrir was here, Bat Vigo had a big day. The crowd loved it. They were used to seeing Vigo spouses on the field in Ty Allin, Andres Fortune once upon a time, and even Trey Till, but this was a player who bore that name, a son of the family. There was power in seeing him do his thing. A Comeback Player of the Year nominee, Bat Vigo looked like the standard bearer for this Ralltiir team, a team bouncing back, a team proving doubters wrong.

And the fans all around Fenrir loved it. The atmosphere was that of celebration from halftime on. They knew that when many of the starters didn’t take the field that the game was theirs (even if they voiced their displeasure at their sitting the half). The players knew that the game was theirs. Denon knew that the game was not theirs.

“We beat the Miners once already, we’ll beat them again!”

“This team is different, I can feel it.”

“Vigo--he’s going to be a star. Like he’s going to need sunglasses his future is so bright.”

“I’ll admit I was worried at the end there, but leave it to Till and Jul to get this team headed in the right direction.”

“I know it’s the Demons, but this is a big win. The Demons got tough in the last part of the season when everyone thought they were down and out. Well they said that about the Starkillers too and look where we are!”

This is why we’ve got more all-star starters than any other team. This is why we’ve got Duchess Eldin, Vigo, and Comeback Player of the Year nominations. This is why this season’s different.”

And this, Fenrir reflected, is the best part of limmie. Sure, when he was in front of a camera or on the HoloNet or on a wave show he’d talk about how wonderful it was to see athletes performing at the highest level, how the League was committed to the athletic excellence, but that wasn’t what he loved about the sport.

There was nothing in the galaxy like a big home crowd when their team was playing at its peak, when their team was winning on the big stage, in the playoffs. The electricity, the joy, the sense of community. It rolled over everything else. Today, Ralltiir would rejoice and Fenrir would be among them. He felt good for these fans, like he had given them something they could hold onto. Perhaps there would be more of this to come, perhaps not. Though Lokensgaard would never take sides, could never take sides, he could still bask in this jubilation. He could see the coaches being doused with sports drink. He could feel the confetti flutter against his face. He could hear the joyous roar of millions of fans batter his ears.

It fed his soul.

I love the playoffs.

TAG: Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar Thorne
    Senator HQ, Week of Conference Finals Games

Briar had a new boss for just one hour, but she already hated him. With Gark S’rily out of the way, Andromeda had named an interim ‘owner’ for the team to oversee operations until the team could be sold. In just that one hour, the man had already dropped comments encouraging Briar to trade her draft pick assets for cash (that one happened at least three times), had insulted the ‘rough-skin’ (i.e. team offensive coordinator Sunlua Zan, a Falleen), and also rudely demanded that the team secretary, S’rily’s wife, get him caf from his favorite shop. The Twi’lek looked rather annoyed as she left the office, now denigrated to the role of disposable intern and pretty face working the counter instead of a valuable piece of the office infrastructure. Briar could only imagine what kind of wrath the secretary was holding back, and what kinds of stories would make their way home with her to the ears of S’rily himself. There seemed little doubt in Briar’s mind that the Bothan would be rather unimpressed at how things were being run, and she wouldn’t blame him a bit for having that opinion. Things were too constricted as they were now.

When the new boss left the office area to go stir up some trouble over in sales and advertising for the franchise, Briar found her door repeatedly knocked on by members of the staff. “What the hell are we going to do now?” Peet Carelle asked, the gray-haired coach completely miffed. “Who in the frak does that slime think he is?” Zan asked at one point. “What am I, coffee girl?” Mrs. S’rily asked. “That’s offensive.”

And to each and every one, who had some sort of query of Briar doing something, the GM could only tell them that they had no recourse. She had no jurisdiction in the way things were run at the top level. She could only offer them her sincerest support, because she hated the new boss as much as they did. After all, no one told Briar Thorne to trade draft picks unless they were named Briar Thorne. And she would never make such a decision unless she felt it was a smart business investment to make. Right now, trading picks for cash was not in her best interest as General Manager. That would cripple the team to fill the pockets of a few greedy slimebags. She wasn’t about to bend to their will.

Under these circumstances, she was glad to see Christine Gamble come by the office. The corner back, the only Senator All-Star, had decided to drop by to see what was going on. When Briar told her star player of the new man in charge, Gamble balked. “What the crap are they thinking?” she asked. “That sounds like a perfect way of running this team into the ground!”

“I don’t make the rules here, just report them,” Briar said. “Are you at least prepared to go make a spectacle on Ryell?”

“I suppose so,” Christine said. “It’s going to be hard, given the loss and everything.”

“Right now, the playoff loss is the last thing on my mind,” Briar commented with an air of exasperation. “I’m more worried about losing the team or my sanity. I can’t stand this guy, and he’s only been in charge for maybe two hours tops.”

“Hm, that is indeed a problem,” Christine said. “What do you intend to do about it?”

“Stay the course, and see what happens.”

“Do you think the team sale will affect how we operate next season? I know Leia and the other free agents are antsy about what happens with the team over the next month or so.”

“I don’t know, Gamble. I would say something if I knew how this would go down, but by any indication, the company seems to be rather giddy about the prospect of getting rid of us. Probably will sell the team to some rich benefactor of theirs, someone with the panache to make such a move.”

“You coming to Rydonni Prime?”

“Probably not. If I leave the planet now, everything will probably crumble underneath all our feet,” Briar said. “I had plans to return home to Bakura for a few weeks, take some time off to clear my head, but at the moment the company seems to be waiting for me to crack. After all, they aren’t trying to make friends here. As I see it, I’m the only one who can at least keep things together until more information is made available. But . . .” she paused, “then it might be too late.”

“Don’t look at me to buy the team,” Christine said. “I may have plenty of money coming in from all my endorsement deals, but not nearly enough to pay off these frakkers from the sound of it.”

“So you’re saying you’re committed to this franchise?”

“Well, a player always has a soft spot for the team that drafted them . . .” Christine said, “but I think it’s cool to see kids out there wearing my jersey. That’s something pretty special, and I feel like something is being built here, even though the fans might not see it. Not having Leia for half the season kinda killed us in the end . . .”

“Can you tell her that I’m waiting to see how things pan out here before talking contract terms with her?”

“I can probably do that,” Christine said with a shrug. “She’s going home to Bakura right now, boarded a shuttle last night. I can probably reach her tomorrow.”

“I just have a feeling that we might be in for a storm,” Briar said. “Depends on how much the company wants for this franchise on the open market.”

“Probably quite a bit. Coruscant is a big market, and the network rights are worth a lot. Not to mention that I’m the face of the franchise, and I’m a pretty face . . .”

“That might not be enough to save our hides,” Briar commented. “Right now, they want me to trade draft picks for cash. I’m not interested in money, just some rookies or trading chips. We own two third-rounders and Hapes’ second-rounder, plus the fourth-overall pick from HSN projections, so we have some leeway . . .”

“But it all depends on who buys the team and how long it takes, right?”

“Correct.”

“I’m sure something will come soon,” Christine said. “After all, this is a chance for someone with deep pockets to dip their toes into the Elite League pool. If I was wealthy like that, I’d do it, if nothing more than just out of sheer vanity for the fact that you would own a Limmie team playing at the highest level.”

“But nothing being done here makes any logical sense,” Briar said, frustrated. “None of it.”

“And that’s why we all have to hope that you’re still sitting in that chair come next season,” Christine said. “At least you seem to have a plan, and that’s our only hope at the moment.”

Briar couldn’t deny the validity of that statement. She and the franchise stood on the ragged edge at the moment, and she had to do whatever it took to keep them from taking a costly tumble down the precipice.

TAG: No One

NOTE: I am open to trading away my draft picks for this upcoming Draft (including the fourth-overall pick).

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Statement from Starkillers owner Madelyne Till: "I want to thank the fans for coming out and believing in our team yesterday. The atmosphere at the stadium was absolutely electric. Your support helped our players play at the level they needed to secure the win. The Coaching staff, players, trainers and everyone right down to the concession workers and parking lot attendants. I would be here all week if I called out every name who made yesterday possible. Your hard work is appreciated. Much thanks to my younger children who have sacrificed so much while I’ve been busy working this season and my daughter Justyne who came home to watch over me after a serious health scare."
      • "The season isn’t over yet Starkiller fans. The team is working hard. I never saw a group of people so happy to be at work on a Monday morning as the coaches, players and staff at this stadium this morning. Starkiller Strong."
    • Coach Till on being asked if he slacked off when recognizing his team did not have to win out to secure a home play-off game: “Next question.”
      • On whether he will take the field on Bakura: “The roster will be revealed on Sunday.”
      • How he feels about his first play-off victory as a coach: “Good.”
      • On Hovechar's nomination for the Vigo Award: “Mr. Vigo means more to me than words can express. To have coached a player nominated for an award named after him is an honor.”
    • Coach Jul on how it feels to win a play-off game as her first year as an ELL coach: “There was never any doubt in my mind this team was capable of anything less. I am blessed to have such a talented offense.”
      • On Bat Vigo’s nomination for comeback player of the year: “This is a young man that was suspended four games at the end of last season. To come back and be the MVP of the team, I’m thankful his mother gave him another chance. That being said he’s up against a tough field. May the most deserving player win.
      • On Kara Suryesh’s nomination for the Duchess Eldin Award: “I’m excited for Kara. She is the best offensive captain I could ask for.”
      • On whether she'll talk about the offensive strategy for the upcoming game against Bakura: “No.”
    • All members of the Starkillers staff including the janitorial, concession, parking lot attendants to players themselves have reportedly been given bonuses after yesterday's win.

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bill Hitts

Archers Point Stadium Game Day

It had been 3 long weeks since Bill’s team had played a competitive game of Limmie. Ironically that game they had played 3 weeks ago had been against the same team they would be facing today, the Concordia Crusaders. Their last match-up had been a huge victory for the defense. A defense that needed the boost in confidence after suffering a rough patch mid season. Young goal tender Padme McKenz had bounced back nicely after learning to stand up against her even younger coach.

Bill remembered how Spencer had stormed off and told Bill he knew what he was doing in coaching the defense. Spencer’s childish behavior angered Bill. He called Padme in to his office for a private meeting and asked her how she felt about being called out and yelled at in front of her teammates. As Bill expected the young keeper found the experience humiliating. The talk must have unleashed something in Padme. The next day she arrived at practice early and told Spencer herself not to speak to her in that manner in front of her teammates again.

Spencer was taken back. He started to tell her he could do as he pleased; being that it was his team. Padme began to pack her belongings. She told Spencer Vigo he could find another keeper. That was when Spencer realized he had made a mistake. He asked her to come to his office so they could sort out their differences. Since that time the keeper and coach had a much better relationship.

Bill stood on the sideline now watching Padme practice deflecting goals shot by Jaya “Barefoot” Tam and Vick McTodd. Two players who hadn’t realized their dreams of being called back up to the ELL this season. But they were here now. About to fight for a spot in the Futures League Cup final. It wasn’t the trophy they wanted to be playing for. Still Bill knew they would give it everything they had on the field today.

The crowd roared with excitement as the Knott twins came out of the tunnel to join warm-ups. They were celebrities on this planet. They had led the team the Futures League Final before. They had come up short of winning. Hopefully this time would be different. Expectations were high today. Tatooine was expected to win. Bill’s only concern that the time off had been too much. The home crowd expected a win today and one way or another Bill planned to deliver.

On the sideline next to him stood a stoic Spencer Vigo, the young man must be feeling as much pressure to win as Bill was feeling today. “Relax,” Bill offered putting an arm around him. “The team has never been more prepared.”

Tag: @ no one

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Monday

Remember that kid at school who said my ideas to change the Starkillers line-up were stupid. I couldn’t leave well enough alone today. First thing I did when I got to school was track him down to say I told you so. He called me a rich brat, told me I got lucky and gave me a single fingered salute. This guy and a group of his friends were laughing at me. I knew my trip to Bakura would be the first thing my mom would take away if I got in a fight at school today so I turned around to walk away. That’s when I felt something wet hit my back.

I was wearing one of Ty’s jerseys. This isn’t some jersey you can buy in a pro-shop it’s an actual game day jersey that he wore in actual games. He gave it to me for my birthday and it’s special to me. I reached around and put my hand where I’d been hit; my hand landed in a thick gooey mess. I had been hit with an egg. I spun around so fast and came face to face with my history teacher. And when I say face to face, I mean face to face. I think he’s actually an inch shorter than I am. It was enough to slow me down. Enough to make me realize that we could fix the jersey with a little soap and water.

My history teacher is a decent guy. He escorted me to my first class and talked to me about the Starkillers win. I realized that he’s a pretty big fan, but he has never been to an actual game. He says his salary doesn’t afford for such luxuries. I told him my mom and I could help him out with that next season by hooking him up with some tickets. He was happy to tell me that he’d make sure I came through on that promise. For the rest of the day I did my best to lay low and hang out with my girl and her friends. They never give me any trouble.

After school I went to swim practice. My coach was not thrilled about my upcoming trip to Bakura. I’m going to miss our first meet. I told her not to worry, because I’m not as good as my older brother and I probably wasn’t going to be winning much anyway. I’m beginning to realize that no matter how hard I work at swimming that it’s just not my thing. The only reason I’m doing it at all is because Coach wanted me to. It’s better than going home to hang out with my mom and my sister. Especially since my girl joined the team.

When I got home I finally heard the Starkillers press conference from earlier in the day. I want to echo my mom and say thanks for coming out to the stadium yesterday. I also want to tell my mom that I don’t mind her working all the time. The team means the galaxy to me mom. I’m so grateful you didn’t sell it when dad died. Besides I’m old enough to watch out for myself. Louise is lucky to have you and Coach for parents. She’s growing up just fine. You do so much for all of us mom, I love you.

Three of our players were nominated for awards this year, three of them. How amazing is that? Even more amazing is that one of the awards is named after my dad. Ty won that award one year. He keeps it in a room in his basement with all of his weights. My sister Lucie has tried a few times to display it in the living room, but Ty likes to keep it downstairs as motivation to keep working towards more goals and more awards. At least that’s what he told me.

I have a lot of homework to do tonight and I have to take two test on Thursday ahead of my classmates since I won’t be in school on Friday. Hopefully I can check in soon, until then I gotta study!

Wednesday

We heard from my brother Richard this morning. He called while we were eating breakfast and boy was he excited. It turns out he’s been staying on Coruscant, not because he is busy with work, well he is busy with work, but he had an even better reason. He and his new husband, that’s right he got married without us. Which means I don’t have to get all dressed up in a suit and eat fancy food; huge plus! It turns out that he got married because he and his partner had put their names in with an agency to adopt a baby. They didn’t have a lot of stipulations about the gender or species so their name came up much more quickly than they expected. That’s right Richard called to tell us he’s going to be a father.

The catch is that he and his new husband are getting a baby Ithorian. Mom says it’s not a catch, still even in our family it’s going to take some getting used to. There’s enough different characteristics going on just between us humans. At least they are getting a male, so I’m going to have a new nephew. In a couple of weeks I might even get to meet him. Obviously this means Richard won’t be making the trip to Bakura. He says he’ll be watching from his house with his new family. That’s right he’s getting his son on Friday. He already has Starkiller clothing in his new son’s size en route. He gave all the specifics to my mom so she could get the stuff shipped today. I can’t wait to see pictures of that.

This evening I had a little adventure of my own. My mom texted after school to see if I could catch a ride from someone after swim practice because she is trying to help Justyne, Zoey and Marty settle into their own house again. I really don’t know anyone on the swim team that well besides my girl, but I figured I could find someone so I told her not to worry. It turned out that my girl didn’t have a ride either. She was planning to take public transport home. Naturally we made the decision to go out on our own for a bit before heading home. It seemed like the perfect plan and at first it was. We went to a little diner that my dad used to take me to, back when he was alive. I ordered some pie and my girl and I got to just talk, alone for the first time.

Soon I realized that everyone was staring at us. People were whispering, pointing and some were brazen enough to take pictures with their data pads. My sister Lucie showed up out of nowhere, I hadn’t even finished eating my slice of pie. She grabbed me by the arm and pulled me outside and into her speeder. There were pictures of me and my girl trending on the net. With captions about everything from us being a cute couple to me being too young to date. I made sure that Lucie gave my girl a ride home before she dropped me off at the house. Mom wasn’t upset like I expected her to be. Instead she was sad. She apologized over and over for our family being famous and cried about the fact that I’d never get to go on a date in private.

I calmed her down after a bit. I reminded her that with a hat and my glasses I blend in pretty good. It is the first night in a long time that it was just me, my mom and Louise. At some point Coach might come home. I doubt I’ll be up to see it if he does. I got those tests to take tomorrow and so I must do some last minute cramming and get to sleep. Tomorrow night I leave for Bakura!

Thursday

Coach met me at the breakfast table this morning. He said I may have gotten off easy this time, but he warned me that I better not go anywhere with a girl alone without permission again. He gave me a ride to school and I headed straight to my math class for my first test. The day dragged even though it was busy, because all I could think about was leaving for Bakura after swim practice. That’s right I didn’t just have to sit through 2 tests, 5 classes and lunch. I also had to go to swim practice. Coach made me do lots of sprints too, I thought my lungs were going to collapse before it was finally over.

My mom picked me up after practice. She had my luggage and a bag full of homemade snacks. I’m munching on the peanut butter cookies right now, they are delicious mom! I’m so hungry from swim practice that I can’t even tell if they are the recipe with less sugar or not. My mom and Louise are staying home for this trip. Ty’s mom and his two sons are taking a commercial flight, they will be getting into Bakura a few hours ahead of us actually. Ty wanted his boys to be there, but my brother’s Bat’s wife and daughter’s will be watching from home on Ralltiir. Coach wants this to be a team trip. He wants above all else for the priority to be winning on Sunday. So there’s just players and staff. The dance team is in a whole separate cabin.

We’ve been watching game footage from the season on the big screen in front of us and there’s been nothing but strategy talk since we made the jump to hyperspace. Even though this is rather boring to me right now, there is no other place I’d rather be. I’m trying to listen as best I can so maybe someday I can use this information when I take the field. It’s not like I’m tired, did I mention that we are on our way to the Conference Finals??? I’m so excited, my stomach is doing somersaults. Hope you are ready Starkiller fans this is going to be a game to remember!

Friday

Well we did a little more than watch game footage all day today, thank goodness. The dance team joined us and we all watched the new action holo that was released in theaters back home on Ralltiir. We ate three good meals, we took turns going to the small gym and keeping our bodies loose. Coach made me run 30 minutes, but he let me listen to music this time. I kept picturing the Starkillers victory. I was excited so I kept pumping the speed up until I was going faster than I knew I could run. I was so caught up that my brother Bat came in to remind me when my time had gone over 5 minutes.

The other things I did include calling home and sorting through the team’s equipment. I spoke to my mom and my girl. A lot of the players spoke to loved ones today. It’s funny how we are surrounded by each other and yet we still feel alone. Something about being out in space is just weird. I found a few old things in the equipment bag that we can throw out. Mostly I was going through it because I was bored and looking for something to do. At the bottom of the bag I found one of my dad’s old handkerchiefs. I know it was his because no one carries those around anymore. So now I have his chrono on my wrist, the one I got for my birthday and his handkerchief in my pocket. He may not be here, but he’s here.

Saturday

We finally arrived at our hotel today. It’s not easy to sleep on the shuttle and even though I think everyone is beyond excited to be here we all made a beeline for our rooms to catch a nap this afternoon. A real bed felt so good. I didn’t even want to get up for dinner, but I’m glad I did. The hotel made a great spread for us, as always. The players are getting really excited now that we are on Bakura. They all wore their warm ups to dinner and they were passing balls in the hallway afterwards.

I can see the stadium from the window in our room. It’s small compared to Financial Square. Still you know it’s a sacred ground, just by looking at it. Only Chandrila has more finals appearances than the Miners. This is going to be a tough game to win. I know the players and coaches have put the time in. I was full of confidence just a few short hours ago that we were going to win tomorrow. I’ve already imagined the festivities back home and the flight to Rydonni Prime. Now I’m nervous, and it’s not even game time yet. I’m not even playing. I want this so bad. The whole franchise does.

Coach is sitting on his bed absentmindedly tapping on his data pad. “You need something Little Vigo?” He asked me just now.

I don’t know what to say. I want to ask him what will happen if we lose. But I don’t want to think about that. I don’t want to distract him. “You think the hotel swimming pool is still open?” I ask.

It turns out the pool wasn’t open, but Coach had them open it for me. I swam short make-shift laps under the eyes of some front desk clerk that got stuck with the task of watching me. Swimming felt good, because it reminded me of home. Maybe I joined the swim team more than just because Coach suggested it. My dad was a swimmer and swimming reminds me of him. I wonder what he would be thinking if he was here tonight. He'd be confident. Swimming helped me connect with him and bring some of my confidence back. I'm lucky to have Coach, not just anyone would have the hotel swimming pool opened for their step son.

I’m all showered now and ready to try and get some sleep. Tomorrow is game day. I won’t be checking in until we are on our way home. There will be lots to do when I get up tomorrow. This is it, GO STARKILLERS!

Tag: Trieste

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cold and blustery Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Yup can't wait, ELL award's finalists have been announced."

"Sad to see after the season the Mercs had that just one player was nominated."

"Not surprised, the Mercs never do well in post season award voting anyway."

"Huh, bet that'll fill the comm lines..."

"Not yet, calls starting to trickle in though already."

"...All Star Rosters have also been announced, we'll be talking about that for a lot of the show."

"Arock was right, both he an Jaing made the team."

"Well, as reserve."

"Manx can't play so Jaing will start in his place, that was announced about an hour ago."

"It was? Where was I?"

"An hour ago? Remember you were..."

"OK, OK. Never mind where I was."

"That's too bad about Manx though, he' a good player and deserved that spot."

"Well Arock might not agree."

"Think he's peeved that he didn't get a starter's spot?"

"Him? Probably incensed. We can ask him the next time he is on the show."

"I can't wait until we get him back. With the commissioner's surprise visit I forgot to ask Fu Arock whether he likes beans or no beans in his chili."

"Oh boy..."

"Now the comm lines just lit up. By the manda!"

"Justin you know this, real Mandalorian chili has no beans."

"I know, I just wanted to ask him."

"Oh yeah, now we are going to spend the rest of the show talking to callers about chili recipes."

"Yum."

"He did this on purpose!"

"Hey it's cold outside, I could use a good chili recipe."

"OK, OK. Well before we get to that, and yeah chili sounds good right now, but before we get to that we need to talk about those Concordia Crusaders."

"Won a heck of a contest against the Force, nearly doubling them up on points."

"This was a team that came tied for third in points scored with the Grames Conference champion Sandskimmers..."

"Who they play in the next round."

"...so we knew their offense was pretty good."

"Much, much improved over last season when they were dead last in the LFL."

"Last season was a bad one for the Crusaders, last in offense, second to last in defense. Things were looking pretty bleak for the Mercs farm system."

"Lots of young players down there, you know they hold open tryouts and most of the roster is just filler, system players trying to help out those who can really make it on the ELL stage. But this season they seemed to put together something a little bit more special."

"Remind you of your time with the team?"

"A little, a little. Back then we were all depth for the big league club, and now it's little different. Still I think these guys have more talent available to them..."

"So does the rest of the LFL."

"...and I could see some of these players eventually playing themselves onto the Mercs roster."

"Hey, that's where current all-starts La'Bron Jaing and Fu Arock got their start, so who knows. Maybe some future ELL All Star talent playing in this game."

"Should be a good match up, but it's not the ELL playoffs."

"I was right by the way on my predictions so far, thought I would point that out."

"You said the Sens/Smugglers game would be a shoot out. 10-7 isn't a shootout."

"Hey, I picked the winner didn't I?"

"Sure, sure."

"Well, I'm getting that look from Liz now, the one that says if I don't go to break and then the comm lines she is going to exile me to Hoth, so get you chili recipes ready for us everyone, because we'll be right back to take your calls, here on the Fandalorian.

TAG: No one.

OOC: and yes, I am having chili tonight for dinner. No beans. ;)

jcgoble3, Vehn, Trieste and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Coruscant Senators player news
      • Becki Morlan (Hapan, Female, Half Forward) released to FA
      • Deluxx (Weequay, Male, Full Back) and team could not agree to terms for new contract, released to FA
      • Melina Havelock (Hapan, Female, Half Back) signs 1-year contract at veteran's minimum
      • Negotiations with pending free agent full forward Leia Adama stalled due to Adama's presence on Bakura for this week's Miners-Starkillers game
    • Thyferra Force player news
      • Voontoo (Rodian, Male, Forward) released to FA
      • Marrett Wingo (Zeltron, Male, Corner Forward) released to FA
      • Queeno (Rodian, Female, Half Forward) released on waivers (1 year left on contract)
    TAG: Jedi Gunny

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    This post brought to you by the following song. OOC notes will be at the end of the post.

Present

"This is it, huh?"

"Yeah."

"You sure you're ready?"

"Not really."

"It's hard to let go, I know that."

A sigh.

"Yeah, but it's time."

--------

Some weeks ago

"One to ten."

All she heard was a crash and a growl.

"Come on, gimme a rough idea."

It was a scale they'd worked out years ago, when they first became friends. Zoa's temper was notorious, but it was hard to tell the difference between a quickly-fading burst of anger and a serious rage. Breaking things probably meant it was in the higher numbers, but she waited for her friend on the other end of the holo to admit it.

"... Eight."

Ouch. So she was taking it hard.

"All right, if you break my stuff you're paying for it," Kasin told her as she heard another crash.

"They took me off the frakking starting lineup! I've been benched!"

Kasin sighed. "I know it's hard, Zee. But it happens. You've been benched before."

"Not for three straight games!"

She could feel the ranting build up in her friend and didn't say anything. Better she let it all out now.

"I earned that spot back! I'm the team Captain! How am I supposed to lead when I'm not playing?! Lopaki doesn't know what the kriff he's doing!"

"Which is why the team finally started winning games?" Kasin pointed out, and prepared for the onslaught.

It didn't come.

"I just..." Zoa was quiet a long while and Kasin frowned at the holo connection, but the light said she hadn't been dropped.

"I'm supposed to lead the team to victory, but when I'm playing we do worse than ever. I want to play, but I also want to win. It's... frustrating."

"You have to admit, the team hasn't done well in years. One player isn't going to make the difference that the team clearly needs. That's why I'm out here, seeing the galaxy and chatting up prospects."

Zoa attempted a laugh, which was Kasin's intention. "Please don't do that, they're like 15 years younger than you."

"You should see some of their faces. 'You're the Kasin Urdaaza?'" she mocked. "Yeah, I've stopped talking to them now, just watching. This Kaminoan goalkeeper was so nervous about talking to me some of his teammates had to help him stand up."

This time Zoa chuckled for real, and the storm had passed. It wasn't gone though.

--------

Present

"What do you think, one last hurrah?"

"Season's over, there's no one to play against."

"There's always me. Even a year out, you still can't score on me."

"Oh, you're on."

--------

Some weeks ago

"Mirik? Wanted to talk to you." Zoa leaned in the doorway, watching the team's GM. She looked stressed, more so than usual.

"Look, if you've come to complain about your usage, don't bother. That's not up to me, and I have a lot of much bigger things to deal with right now, if you don't mind."

Zoa frowned and entered, taking a seat. "No, it's not that. I was going to ask if you and Lopaki had thought about giving the Captaincy to someone else."

Mirik looked up sharply. "What are you talking about?"

"I haven't played in five games. There's only two left, I know, but Prya Tiin has been Captain in all but name since I got benched. I wanted to recommend she take the C. Especially if we make it into the playoffs."

Their GM looked down at her piles of datapads and sighed. "There might not be any point." She pressed a button and the door slid shut. "I'm going to tell you something no one else on the team knows, and I'll ask you to keep it between us." Zoa nodded.

"You know that my predecessor left the team's finances in shambles. The team hasn't been selling tickets at the rates we used to, nor are our merchandise sales doing terribly well, and the new stadium really stretched our money to the limit. I've had inquiries from the league about our issues, which our illustrious owner has blown off. At the end of the season I'm going to have to report to the league that we can't afford to stay in the ELL."

Zoa stared, surprised. "We're bankrupt?"

"Close enough. A lower tier league would mean a reduction in salary for all players, which might make the team sustainable, if I can put the finances back together and get some loans." Mirik rubbed her eyes. "We don't have enough to afford the end of the season. I've been... supplementing the team with my own money, under the table. I'm well off, but I can't keep doing that."

"So this is it for the ELL Lightning? There's no other way?" Mirik shook her head. "I guess I just can't believe it. Nine seasons and we're gone."

Mirik managed a smile. "At least you won't be forgotten. The 273 squad was something special, I seem to recall."

"Yeah, it's been a bit downhill from there. We all felt like we could take on the galaxy. But then the galaxy reminded us that we were just lucky, a lower-tier team that performed beyond their abilities. And now it's over."

"Two more games, maybe a few beyond that if things go our way. And it's not like the PLL is the end of all things." Mirik sighed. "It does feel like the end, though."

Zoa shifted a bit, then stood up. "Thanks for telling me."

"I thought..." Mirik trailed off. "I thought you might be considering retiring. And I thought this might make a difference with your decision. I hope it helps."

"Thanks."

--------

Present

"Are there even any limmie balls around?"

"There's got to be someone with some keys to an equipment room."

"Or you could break in there, too."

"I didn't break in!"

"Right, because we definitely have permission to be here right now."

"Well, security didn't stop us."

"Because they know us. Still broke in."

"Shut up and help me look for some limmie balls."

--------

Last game of the season, against Chandrila

"Still benched tonight?"

Zoa sighed, less frustrated with the situation than she had been previously, but still upset. "Yes."

"Have you told anyone it's your last game?"

"Nope."

"So you're going to let Lopaki bench you for your last game without arguing, without complaining?"

"That's what a good teammate does."

"You're ridiculous, and that's not going to happen."

"Just wish the team good luck and get out of here."

Kasin made a face, then slipped out of the locker room. It was early, very early, but Zoa wanted to take a chance to look around, remember why she'd been doing this for most of her life. She didn't want to make a big deal over her decision to retire, the local media would be on that as soon as she announced it and she didn't want to overshadow their last game. She was glad it was at home, though, even if it wasn't the stadium she'd started with here. That one was a few blocks away, in use by the University of Ylesia to inspire new generations to play.

There was no reason to ask Kasin to leave, but she understood. They'd talked a lot last season when Kasin had been considering retiring, and she'd had a similar reaction, a similar need to say goodbye to the game they both loved. Kasin was much more social, however, and Zoa needed to do this alone.

She wandered through the public areas, not yet open for tonight's game. A few of the staff greeted her, a few asked for holos and she obliged. They worked hard to make sure things went smoothly before, during, and after games, and a holo was the least she could do.

Further along was a small area with Lightning memorabilia. Holos of their 273 cup-winning season. The game ball from the final. Items from the earliest years of the Lightning, when they were a bottom-tier team, decades before Zoa had joined them. A lot of memories. She smiled at the team holo from 273, remembering how it felt to hoist that cup and share it with the team. A lot of them were gone now, retired or traded or signed away. Only a handful of those faces were in the current team holo, and next season there would be fewer still. Herself included.

She re-entered the restricted area of the stadium, passing through offices. Their Zeltron team reporter greeted her, looking more pregnant than ever, and they chatted for a few minutes about the game tonight, Leijique's impending birth, the playoffs, before Zoa moved on.

Here were the familiar places, the team lounge, the training room, the home locker room. It was strange to think she wouldn't be back to use them again, not after today. No more spotting Tadhara as she tried to lift more weight than was recommended, no more working on training regimens with their trainers, no more new equipment getting fitted, no more post-game conversations in the tubs or the lounge.

The entrance to the field was open, and she could see workers checking the field to make sure it was ready for tonight by re-chalking lines and flattening patches of grass. She picked up a cup of caf and slipped out there to just sit and look until it was time to prepare. The workers left her alone as she looked up at the scoreboard. Would she see her name up there tonight? It was unlikely, but she could almost see it, feel it. The cheering from the home crowd as she scored a goal, the way it would rumble into her bones, the celebrations with her teammates, knowing that no goal was ever scored alone.

The roof of the stadium was closed in preparation for the rain, but she could still smell it in the air. The electricity of a storm, the anticipation of the lightning that gave the team their name. Maybe she wouldn't get to feed off these feelings in the game, but she soaked them in now.

"Hey."

Coach had shown up, standing next to her, staring across the field as she was. Zoa nodded in acknowledgement.

"Heard you're retiring."

Zoa looked at him sharply. "Who-?"

"Who do you think? Kasin found me an hour ago and told me."

"Well. Then you know." She couldn't bring herself to be upset at Kasin for telling her secret. Her friend had good intentions, usually.

"Yeah." Lopaki paused. "Come on, the team's arriving."

She followed him back into the locker room and greeted some of her teammates. They didn't seem to know, at least. She didn't want them to treat this game any differently, not when a win might get them into the playoffs, and this could be their last chance to make the playoffs in the elite league. Some might be lucky enough to get contract offers from other ELL teams, but most would be PLL - or lower - next season.

Zoa's routine was unchanged. She dressed and warmed up with her linemates, discussed last minute changes to the Patriots' strategy or personnel. Her jersey still had the C on it, but it felt wrong. She hadn't been much of a captain this season; hopefully someone good would inherit it.

"Team," Lopaki interrupted their preparations as the time before the game wound down. "Couple of changes tonight."

He went to their board, where the lineup was listed, and switched a few names around. "Vra, you're starting."

She frowned. "Lopaki, I don't-"

Most of her teammates were smiling - or whatever their species' equivalent was. And in the corner was Kasin, smiling smugly.

"Look," said Kasin, stepping foward. "I know you wanted to just retire quietly and hope no one noticed, but we're not going to let you. And believe me, it didn't take much to convince these guys."

Zoa crossed her arms. "You can't change the lineup just for me. The playoffs-"

"I know what I'm doing, Vra," Lopaki interjected. "I think we'll be fine."

Apparently there was no arguing with anyone. She just shook her head and accepted the pats on the back, the hugs, being lifted up by their Barabel full back. Kasin was grinning the whole while, which made Zoa think she had more planned. But if Zoa really was going to start tonight, she had to put all this aside and get her head into the right space.

The team insisted she lead them out, and she found herself alone on the field as the team stopped at the edge, waiting for something.

The large screen over the centre of the field lit up, and she could see the holocams were all on her. The team's stadium announcer boomed across the field.

"In her final game for your Ylesia Lightning, starting at centre half forward, number six, Zooooooa Vraaaa!"

Well frak.

Zoa waved at their cheering crowd. It wasn't a full stadium, it hadn't been in a long while, but it was still more than their old stadium could accommodate. Maybe it wasn't Coruscant or Ralltiir with their millions of fans, but these were Lightning fans. They were something special.

The rest of the team wasn't announced as they came out to warm up, but while they did, they played holos of Zoa's career. She didn't watch it, instead spotting Kasin at the side of the field.

"If I cry, I am going to punch you so hard," she threatened, raising her voice to be heard over the noise of the stadium.

"Just go win the game, Zee," Kasin laughed.

And they did win the game. Zoa scored once, to huge cheers, in the second half, and accepted her teammates' bigger-than-usual celebrations.

And as the game ended, a 13 to 5 win, she waved to the crowd again. Zoa couldn't really hear what their announcer was saying, drowned out by the crowd and her team coming out to congratulate her one last time.

As send-offs went, it wasn't bad at all.

--------

Present

"Still can't beat me, I told you."

"I did beat you."

"You got three out of fifteen before the staff ran us off. That's not a win."

"Sure."

A long silence, and then:

"So what now?"

"Retirement. Whatever that means."

"I bet you could coach."

"Yeah, sure, and turn all this goodwill into terror while I'm at it."

"You could do high school. They'd love you, and you're good with kids." "I'm good with my brother's kids, that's not the same."

Another silence.

"We could travel the galaxy. We have money, we have time..."

"That's not a bad idea. Zoa and Kasin take on the galaxy."

"Let's do it, then."

"Let's do it."

--------

OOC:

So... this is it. The Ylesia Lightning leave the ELL, and so do I. I started by writing Zoa, and I wanted to finish her story, so it comes full circle. I haven't been able to give this game the time it needs, and since I'm in my last year of my degree, I need to focus on that. So it's time for Zoa and me to take our leave.

A couple things: I am leaving the future of the Lightning in Trieste 's hands, but I am okay with people "raiding" my roster in free agency. If you have questions, I am always around via PM.

Second, for the conversation sections, green is Kasin and red is Zoa. You may read into their relationship as being more than friends, or not, take it as you will. I left it ambiguous because I'm not even sure. I just wanted them to fly off into the galactic sunset.

Lastly, thank you for your time and patience with me in this game. I know I've been difficult to work with and it's been hard for me too. I have immensely enjoyed all of your writing and stories, and I'm sorry that I've never been able to contribute to that level. Good luck to those of you in the playoffs, and in the future seasons :)

Trieste, Jedi Gunny, Vehn and 5 others like this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

OOC: Such a great movie with an even greater soundtrack. Had to include this in my storyline this year. A little burning bridge of my own. Good luck to Hapes in the upcoming game.

IC: Kelly Telaam
    Royal Limmie Grounds
    Hapes Consortium

Kelly examined her figure in the mirror. She had to admit she looked good in uniform. She hadn't felt this relaxed in quite a long while. Maybe it was the stunt that was pulled on Ralltiir involving one of their players. The stunt that had generated a few laughs from the Starkiller faithfull. That was fine with her. Anything to improve the image the referees of the league had to uphold each and every time they walked into a stadium.

"Gather around," Kelly said drawing her crew around her.

"Once again we're back with the Smugglers. Once again we are keeping an eye on the burgundy and black. You know who the usual suspects are. You know how they play. You know how they push the limits. We do our jobs today and any win or loss by the Smugglers will not come back on us, understood?"

"Yes, boss!" her crew responded.

"Before we take to the field there's one thing I'd like to tell all of you. A truth that has come to me that hasn't been easy to reconcile with and something, as my friends, as my compatriots, that would mean a great deal if I told you," Kelly said as she eyed those who had called her captain, "I'm a human replica droid."

Silence.

"So you're not real?" Vlad said.

Kelly shook her head. "Not in the same way you are."

"I like that," Isabele commented, "and I knew I liked you the moment I met you. You don't carry all the crap the rest of us do."

"Who cares what you are, lady, droid," John Tullock responded, "you're one of the best I've ever seen."

"So we're good?" Kelly asked.

"Yes, boss!" Came the replies.

"I'd like to walk our crew right onto the Finals this year," Kelly said, "I'd like for us to call the greatest came in the league. Will you help me get there?"

"Absolutely," Isabele said.

"Wouldn't want to do anything else," Vlad added.

"Book 'em," John replied.

"Then lets do this," Kelly said as she guided her squad out onto the pitch.

[​IMG]

Kelly left the tunnel, jogging in her referee uniform, and waved to the small smattering of fans who applauded the presence of the Elite League officiating crew. She cruised past the Smuggler sidelines and gave a curt nod to Erin Windreaver, Charlie Blackwood, Mick Steele, Peter Mitchell, Tom Kaz'ansky, and Shady Lerouex. Now wasn't the time for them to test her. Now wasn't the time for them to cross the line. She would come down hard on them. A long ELL season of officiating had taught them that.

She scooped up the game ball and as she made her way past the stands she heard a young Smuggler fan look up at his father and say, "Look Dad, there's Kelly Telaam!"

The father nodded and replied, "Not just Kelly Telaam, kid. Kelly's Heroes. That crew made Nar Shaddaa respectable again. I don't know where this franchise would've been without her keeping this team in line."

Kelly smiled and took her position at midfield.

Kelly's Heroes.

She liked the sound of that.

She blew her whistle.

Game on.

Tag:jcgoble3

15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir. Conference final time. Gonna be good!

Conference Finals
    (2) Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at (1) Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (14-26)
    (2) Ralltiir Starkillers at (1) Bakura Miners (28-11)

126th Galactic Cup Final
    The Grande Villa, Ryell, Rydonni Prime
    (2) Ralltiir Starkillers vs. (1) Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

TAG: jcgoble3 Runjedirun Vehn

16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus rolls for: Tatooine (32) and Concordia (32)

Semifinals
    Strensky Conference
    (2) Gallinore Firedrakes @ (1) Atzerri Bandits (1-22)
    Grames Conference
    (2) Concordia Crusaders @ (1) Tatooine Sandskimmers (14-5)

Futures Cup Finals
    (1) Atzerri Bandits vs (2) Concordia Crusaders

Tags: jcgoble3 Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Deputy Commissioner Esther Gondorf announces that the Telaam officiating crew will call the 126th Galactic Cup Final at The Grande Villa
    • Gondorf: "We evaluate every officiating squad in the playoffs and select only the best for the Final. They're the best and that's who we're going with."
    • Solo Conference champion Starkiller coaches Till and Jul do not want their starters to play an All Star game just days before a Final
    • ELL has not yet responded to this request
    • Coruscant Senators hire Ylesia Lightning GM Mirik Chal. Terms of position or contract were not disclosed
    • Senators GM Briar Thorne: "Ms. Chal is a great Limmie mind, and she deserves a lot of credit for what she was able to do with the Lightning. But she is also a great business mind. She will fit in well here on Coruscant"
    • Rumors fly that Thorne hired Chal to fix Senator finances, which are currently a mess with rumors of a pending team sale in the offseason.
    • Andromeda Corp., owners of the Senators, had no comment on hiring.
    • HSN Analyst: "Gark S'rily was serious about hiring Chal to be the Senator GM a few seasons ago, but instead hired Briar Thorne. That's turned out very well for the franchise, and now Chal is in the mix"
    • C-Bucs and Skywalker Conference All-Star head coach Leota Avoy says C-Bucs selected to All-Star team will play only "token minutes" in ASG: "They've earned the right to take the field, but there's no sense risking an injury to a critical player in a meaningless game just before our most meaningful game ever. Expect two or three minutes at most for each of them"
    TAG: @jcogble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Solo Conference head coach Gaeriel Valerii after arriving on Rydonni Prime on potentially not having five Starkillers available as all-stars: "I play a starter heavy lineup all season. We'll manage"
      • When asked if this means she'd lean on the Miner all-stars more, Valerii said, "Well, wouldn't have a choice in net. Lizbit can play 60 for sure. I'd see how Vesper, Gary, and Lowbook do, split some playing time between all three. I know Gary can play 60 from experience"
    • Valerii: "I think the worst thing will be for the fans, especially Starkiller fans, not to see their team be represented in the all-star game. It's a shame that their great season, culminating in the Final, won't be celebrated with their players on the field in this friendly game"
    • On being reduced to four defenders: "Sugnok's got a bad rap, but he's one solid defender. Liddy Powe's been here before--I'd rely on her in a heartbeat. Shakha's a good defender even if Ylesia hasn't excelled in recent seasons. I'd take any of them rotating in and out"
    • On playing Prya Tiin all 60 minutes: "She's a starting midfielder and a good one. I'm confident in here"
    • On Leota Avoy's decision to play the Bucs in limited minutes: "It'll handcuff the Skywalker side just as much as us. That's her call as coach"
      • "It'll be tough for them--they'll only have three forwards. Then again, when your three forwards are Jaing, Arock, and Reppen you're not doing so bad"
      • "On the plus side, if this means that Fu Arock plays almost the entire game, I hope somebody puts a mic on him during the game because that would be hilarious. I'd pay for a HoloNet feed with his commentary during play"
    • Valerii: "I totally understand why they're both making this call. You're playing it safe. I'm not going to second guess anyone involved for their decision here. Their players, their stakes in the Final"
    • Closing comment at the press conference: "Hey, I'll manage without the Starkillers on the team, but if Trey and Loren deny me use of their waterboy for the All-Star Game then I'm really sunk"
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja jcgoble3 Runjedirun

Vehn, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Sunday

How about those Starkillers! Let me just get this out of my system. WE WON!!!! THE RALLTIIR STARKILLERS ARE GOING TO THE GALACTIC CUP FINALS!

I am sure you fans want to know everything you didn’t see on the holo or for those of you who were lucky enough to be here what you saw from the stands. I’ll do my best for the next however long it takes me to recollect as much as I can. Let’s face it I have a long flight back to Ralltiir to catch you up.

It all began with a dominating possession by the Bakura Miners. The offensive unit held the ball for far too long, my heart was in my throat when Zonka finally set up to make that first shot on goal. Ty was on the ground, it looked like Beckman had him pinned pretty good, but this game was for a ticket to the finals. Nothing was going to stop Ty today I could tell by the look of determination on his face. Without warning he pushed Beckman up and off of him, as soon as he was free he ran in front of the shot Zonka had taken on goal and blocked it. Noah was able to catch the deflected ball and pass it off to his Uncle who was calling for it forcefully. Once Coach got his hands on the ball he drop kicked it to Hovechar. Hovechar ran up field so fast that the Bakuran midfielders didn’t even bother to chase her down. She played with my brother for most of the season so naturally she passed to him. The Miners knew that my brother could score and all of the sudden he was surrounded by defenders. So Bat passed out to Sureysh. Even Sureysh didn’t have a clean look, but she was able to get us our first point.

This didn’t ease our nerves on the sidelines one bit. We were all tense. We all knew it was a long game ahead of us. Coach Jul didn’t show any emotion at all as the ball made its way back into play. There were several more possessions and both defenses were holding tight. Coach Jul wanted to get something going on offense and she wanted it bad. She called Wrehase off the bench and spoke to him for several minutes. He nodded his head a lot during the conversation, then Jul called time.

Wrehase went in the game for Lofykam. When the Wookiee came out Jul made sure she knew that she had done an excellent job and to be ready to go back in. I gave Lofykam a towel and a fresh cup of Gundarkade. The Wookiee made short work of the Gundarkade so I quickly handed her another cup. He fur was soaked in sweat, but when you’re down there in the thick of things you don’t even mind the smell. All you care about is that your team is winning. The Starkillers were up by two. It was all I could do to remember how to fill a cup with drink, I was so nervous my mind could barely process thoughts.

Wrehase gave our offense the boost they needed. The Miners suddenly had another powerhouse scorer in the line-up that they had to cover. Wrehase took the field and scored a goal within 2 minutes. When the Miners tried to break up their coverage better to cover Wrehase and my brother Dunerider was left wide open. Yolanda put up the next goal. “YO! YO! YO!” I heard Kaat stun chant from back in the goal box.

We went into the locker room at half time with a 5 point lead. Both head coaches were fired up. Coach Till was ready to have Jeffers take his place at Left Corner, but Ty wouldn’t have it. Ty said that Coach had earned the opportunity to be out there and win this game on the field more than anyone else. Jeffers and the entire team agreed. There was nothing Coach could do but agree to keep playing. Before Jul could start addressing the offense Kara Sureysh appeared with a folded uniform for Coach Jul. Coach Jul said she would be rusty and that she didn’t want to slow down an offense that had just found its rhythm. Of course there was no stopping our team from convincing her otherwise.

That’s how it came to be that Loren Jul took the field as the Left Corner Forward with Wrehase back at Right Half and it was Lightcin who volunteered to take the bench. If the Miners were expecting the move or not, we will never know. They sure didn’t seem ready for it, because in the second half our offense really began to light up the scoreboard. My brother finally got on the board with two goals, Sureysh and Yolanda scored more points and Loren Jul scored a goal and a bar point, before coming out of the game with 5 minutes left begging Lightcin to get back in there.

Loren Jul didn’t look so bad to me when she came off the field. But she acted like she had been run over by a speeder. “I can’t believe you talked me into this,” she said to no one in particular as she fell to her hands and knees. “Gundarkade,” she said weakly. I’m embarrassed to say that I was so surprised by her charade that I forgot to get her a cup. I grabbed two, handed them to her along with an ice cold towel.

About three minutes later she was celebrating, the writing was on the wall we had won. All the pain any of the players had experienced during the game instantly disappeared as those final seconds ticked off the clock. For me it took until I heard the buzzer before I actually believed we had won. Coach Till ran off the field to hug me first, then Ty and my brother and eventually I think the whole team was surrounding me.

It didn’t last long, Ty wanted to give my sister a kiss and everyone had to line up to shake hands. Coach grabbed me and had me join the line. I got to touch hands with Comstock, Penn, Falene Trieste, Zonka, Deenever, Coach Valerii and midfielder Jolla Pic. The Miners were extremely respectful and acted like I belonged in the line. After that Ty and Kara went out to midfield and hoisted the Solo Conference trophy over their heads. When Ty came off the field his mom had brought T.J. and Rah Rah down to celebrate with us.

“We did it, Junior!” Ty said hoisting his son in the air. He grabbed Rah Rah next and spun the kid in circles.

All the while Rah Rah laughed uncontrollably and T.J. screamed, “Me next, me next!”

In the locker room we had fizz, sparkling juice and cream pies. It must have been at Ty’s request to have cream pies, cause you know that as soon as the cart of them were wheeled in he grabbed one and put Kaat’s face in it. Everyone joined in grabbing pies and putting their team mate’s faces in them. No one was safe, note even me. It was every being for themselves. When we were leaving the floor was so slick from cream pie filling that you couldn’t even pick up your feet to walk, you just had to skate out on your sneakers.

As we entered the shuttle we all stripped to our underwear and put the cream pie covered clothing in a large pile. That would have been a picture the media would have loved, all of us in our skimmies rummaging through our luggage for clean clothes.

And now we’ve all settled down, lots of the players are sleeping. A few are watching holos or game footage on their data pads. It’s very quiet and the lights are dimmed. I spoke to my mom a few minutes ago. She said that she didn’t sigh in relief until the clock hit zero either. Louise on the other hand was very relaxed my mom said she had to wake Louise up to make sure she didn’t miss her father’s victory.

So Starkiller fans it’s been a great day, a wonderful day, the most amazing day, but even my energy is about gone now. I’m shutting down and getting some shut eye now. Let the countdown to the finals begin!

Monday

Reality has set in today. I woke up to arguing. Loud arguing. Coach Till and Ty Allin. At first I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. The first intelligible thing I heard when I woke up this morning was Ty Allin saying to Coach. “I am going to play and you can’t stop me.” Of course my mind was on the Final and I was wondering what on this Galaxy Ty could have done to get benched for the biggest game of his career. After a few more minutes of listening to what was supposed to be a conversation behind a closed door I realized that Coach didn’t want Ty to play in the All Star game.

In fact Coaches Till and Jul sent a message to the commissioner shortly after our win on Bakura to let him know that none of our starters would be playing in the All Star game. Ty and Coach’s argument got super uncomfortable for all of us to listen to. The two of them have been close for something like 10 years and some real personal stuff was coming out of that office. Until Kaat Stun finally had the sense to call out a comment of her own. I don’t remember word for word, but it went something like this.

Coach: “Damn it Ty. I don’t want to discuss this any longer.”

Kaat: “None of us want to hear your discussion any longer.”

After that Ty stormed out of Coach’s office and the two haven’t spoken since. Aside from the tension between the two of them there’s even more chaos. Everyone seems to be icing some injury and when you get up to go anywhere you have to walk carefully to avoid puddles. Data pads are buzzing like crazy as players and staff members try to make arrangements for their families to meet us on Rydonni Prime.

That’s right no one was more surprised than me to realize that we weren’t on our way back to Ralltiir. We are on our way to Rydonni Prime. I guess it only makes sense, but I just never thought about all the details of what was going to go down if we actually won. So you know what I had to do today…I had to contact all my teacher’s to get a week’s worth of schoolwork sent to my data pad. Some of them were excited for me and only sent a little work. They said they could help me catch up next week. Other teachers sent the full work load. I’ve been cramming to get as much of it done as possible.

The other thing I had to do today was introduce my mom to my girl. I’m kinda lucky I got to do that over the net and not in person. My mom arranged for my girl and her family to get tickets and a flight to Rydonni Prime. She also hooked my history teacher up with tickets! That’s something we try to do in this family. We try not to forget anyone. I know my mom’s been coordinating with Ty to get as many of the children and even some of those who are teens and young adults now who attended the camps Ty teaches during the off-season to see the game on Sunday.

Even though Ty isn’t speaking to Coach he is excited about the game. He spent hours making calls getting tickets for everyone from former coaches to prison guards. Not everyone is going to be able to get tickets to the final, some of them might have to settle to see him at the All Star game and besides that Ty has played in a bazillion consecutive all star games. He doesn’t want that streak to stop now. Not after one of the best games in his life on Bakura, he believes he earned that start and I don’t know what is going to settle this argument. Coach has a point too, Ty should be avoiding injury at all cost for the Final. He should rest up whenever possible. Neither one of them is right or wrong really. I just hope this gets settled soon.

I’ve either gotta get back to studying or help make some more ice packs. There’s not much time for blogging right now, but hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze some in when we land. When we land on Rydonni Prime! The site of the 126th Galactic Cup Final! Hoping to see a lot of you there Starkiller Fans!

Tags: Trieste (for All Star Controversy)

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Christine Gamble
    Ryell, Rydonni Prime

It had been a tough last two weeks for Christine and for the Senators. They had lost yet another playoff game, a game they could and should have had but just didn’t finish down the stretch, the rumors of the team being sold had just intensified with the first-round exit, and a new ‘owner’ was in place that apparently was a real jerk. Briar Thorne, who usually looked calm and collected, had been frazzled when Christine had talked to her the prior week. Obviously something was grinding down the GM’s fortitude and making her feel mentally unprepared for whatever was coming next. Christine understood that feeling, and it was never a good one. You never wanted to feel that way, like everything was being overwhelming.

So the All-Star Game would have to suffice. She had made it onto the team every season she had been in the Elite League, but it seemed like a petty consolation prize compared to winning that playoff game. She was still frustrated at herself for not making one more play, with hopes that somehow, in some way, shape or form, that one play she didn’t make could have turned the score around in their favor. It was probably utter hogwash logic in reality, but the mounting playoff losses were hard on a team’s psyche. Christine had been through four losses like that now, each one more gut-wrenching than the last. And it was hard to put in a good face for the media and the fans when you yourself felt inadequate because you lost and because the season was over. Adding to the difficulty was the controversy surrounding the team and its ownership. No wonder Thorne was so frazzled that day; Christine could definitely sympathize, and not really begin to imagine what being at the helm was like at such a hectic time.

The corner back was slated to start as a defender in the ‘eights’ rules game, but already things had been thrown on their head by the decisions by both Finals teams to either not play their players in the game or to play them just a few minutes. That decision would affect both sides of the game, losing five players on either side. It meant that Christine would get more minutes, or maybe Leota Avoy had an itchy trigger finger and wouldn’t hesitate to take out a player that didn’t belong to her side. Of course, Senator fans were outraged that they got only one All-Star from a team that had made the playoffs, so that didn’t help matters. Christine didn’t take much of an opinion on the subject, of course; she wasn’t here to determine if the rest of the galaxy or the League hated the Senators or not. She was just here to play, to try and forget about the playoff loss. And maybe to provide a short solace period in the ever-deepening drama surrounding the team. Whatever the fans thought, that was their business right now; she wasn’t going to have any of it.

She had put her best face on for the media during the media days and the fan activities. But behind her demeanor, she was just wondering what in the hell she was representing now as a Coruscant Senator. Was she going to have a team to return to next season? Would it look anything like the team she had played with this season? Who would be the owners then? There were a lot of questions that needed to be answered, and they all made the corner back uneasy.

When she took the field for the game in her gray road jersey, it was like all the hopes of the fanbase were resting on her shoulders. She had to make a solid appearance here today to not only appease them, but also to make amends for her own personal doubts. A good game would hopefully be the first step towards finally finding a way to crush that playoff losing streak. Maybe someday she would be one of the players who could afford to sit this game out in favor of the Final. It had been almost a decade of waiting for Senator fans, and they were chomping at the bit to get another chance at the Cup.

They said the All-Star Game was light-hearted and fun, with very little actual competition. Right now, for Christine and the Senators, it was anything but. Right now, they needed to find an identity.

TAG: Everyone/No One

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL announces that Starkillers who don't appear for the all-star game will be fined
    • Gondorf: "This is part of the deal with being best at what you do. Lots of Galactic Cup champions have played days before the Final. This is not the end of the galaxy"
    • When asked if Avoy would be fined for limiting the minutes of Bucs players: "While that violates the spirit of the All-Star Game, the League can't inject itself into management decisions, even in something like the All-Star Game. We'll be disappointed that Leota Avoy makes that choice, but it's still her choice as the coach of the team."
    TAG: jcgoble3 Runjedirun

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Tuesday

We landed this morning and the Spaceport was full of fans waiting to meet the team. I guess I forgot you all would beat us here. Short jump to Rydonni Prime from Ralltiir, long leap from Bakura. There was a sea of orange and blue as we disembarked. I walked out next to my brother and he pointed to a sign amongst all those that said stuff like Starkiller Strong and 281 Solo Conference Champions there was a sign being held by a girl my age that read Tomas I want to be “Your Girl”.

Bat was trying to tease me for going steady at a time when there were probably thousands of girls that wanted to be with me, but the spaceport was too loud for him to be trying to make a point. Besides I like my girl. Lots of players took pens from fans up front to sign autographs as we made our way to a waiting transport. I got there first since players and coaches were signing autographs. My mom was waiting inside. She handed Louise to Spencer and gave me a long hug. I tried to get out of it quickly so I could shake my brother’s hand and give him my condolences for the Sandskimmers loss.

The ride to the hotel was boisterous. We all checked in. I get to share a room with Spencer which is perfect. I looked longingly at the bed as I put my bags down, but there was no time to make use of it. I was shown to a private room for a few hours so I could get schoolwork done and even take a physics test. Sometimes being a high school freshmen really sucks. All the players were out on the field getting their first practice in and the rest of the staff was scoping out the locker room and sidelines. All while I was stuck in a room by myself taking a test!

After my test I got to join the world of the living again. I had lunch with my family. We were watching HSN at the restaurant and we heard All Star Coach Valerii comment that she wanted me to be the water boy for the Solo Conference at the All Star game. “At least one of us will get to represent the team,” my mom said almost sadly.

I could detect my mom was unhappy about the All Star situation, but I knew not to push her buttons today. Coach has said he will pay any fines the players incur for not playing, but Coach's money is mom's money and I really don't think she agrees with his decision. Or maybe she doesn't agree with the league. I don't know, I don't want to get involved. I wish the whole situation would go away. We are supposed to be enjoying Finals week here.

When we finished eating I went back to do schoolwork for two more hours before I was finally able to go over and check out the stadium. Practice was mostly over for the day a few players were out on the field with their kids or other family soaking up the atmosphere. Ty and my brother were out there with their kids and so was Kara Sureysh with her son. The mood was light as Ty called me out to pass the ball around.

Spencer came too and we were just having a friendly game of catch when Ty asked me if I wanted him to play in the All Star game. I didn’t want to get wrapped up in this so I said so. Bat made the All Star team too so he spoke up saying that he thought they should at very least dress and take the field for a minute or two like the Buccaneers were planning. Kaat Stun walked up behind me, she’s just on the reserves, but she made it clear she was playing.

“No way Comstock gets all the glory,” she declared. Not to burst your bubble Kaat but if we win Sunday you’ll get all the glory regardless. Coach is my step-father I don’t think anyone should be crossing him. Kara and Noah are set to do as they have been asked and not play the All Star game. They’d like to don their uniforms and take the bench. Maybe help me distribute Gundarkade if that’s allowed. We plan to discuss that with mom and Coach tomorrow. Then mom and Coach will have to talk to the Commisioner or Coach Valerii, I guess. I don’t know whose call that is.

All I know is that my bed is calling and I got another day of studying and hopefully some game prep before I get all decked out for the awards ceremony. I hate to dress up, but I gotta support my family and the players on our team. Goodnight Starkiller Fans….sweet Galactic Cup dreams.

Tags: None (sorry to spam the thread, but I got here and I plan an entry a day until the big game ;) )

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    College Playoffs

Semifinals:

13 Enarch Technical University vs. Cinnagar Imperial College 26
    0 Chewbacca College vs. Balmorra State University 20

Finals:

30 Balmorra State University vs. Cinnagar Imperial College 3

Balmorra State University wins the Galactic Championship

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm, Taungsday afternoooooooooooooooooooooooooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Galactic Cup finals this week baby!"

"Yes it is, yes it is. Hapes going to be the prohibitive favorite there I think."

"Probably, probably, but I think a lot of limmie fans are going to be rooting for the underdog there."

"Yeah maybe..."

"And I know it goes against my prediction, though I did predict this finals matchup..."

"You did, you did. I'll give you credit there."

"...but I think Ralltiir has a real chance here, they destroyed a shabla good Miners team."

"That they did, that they did."

"Kicked off a hell of a All-Star Game controversy too."

"Yeah, and we'll be talking about that with ELL Deputy Commissioner Ester Gondorf at the bottom of the hour."

"What, the commissioner doesn't have time for us now?"

"Well, it is Galactic Cup week, and Gondorf is a great interview too."

"OK, OK."

"Speaking of the All-Star game what do you think of the announcement that Fu Arock has agreed to be miked up for the game for the HSN broadcast?"

"That's...well it's surprising, but it's going to be entertaining as hell too."

"I just hope they have it on a delay, because you know that some of that is not going to be family friendly."

"Well, they can just cut away if..."

"When."

"...that happens. Not like they are going to be streaming everything he has to say all over the galaxy."

"Now that would be entertainment!"

"No kidding. OK, so we're also going to be talking to Mercs captain and midfielder Argo Mor'kesh about the new five year contract he signed with the Mercs."

"Think he'll address the rumors that this is his last professional limmie contract?"

"All you can do is ask him."

"Sure, sure."

"We'll also be quizzing random ELL fans on both Raltiir and Hapes on the comms to see how much the fans of the two finalists know about each other's worlds."

"Oh, by the gods, that's always hilarious."

"Remember the first year we did this?"

"The 279 finals, the professor on Rydonni Prime that was writing a paper on Mandalorian culture?"

"Oh yes. He knew like everything. And then the fans were calling in telling him he was wrong and he wasn't. Oh my..."

"Yeah, going to get some calls on that now too I'm sure."

"Fans here are still hot about that."

"But before we get to any of that, we have this weekend's under card match up to discuss, starring our very own Concordia Crusaders."

"Great, great win over Tatooine this past weekend."

"Indeed it was. the defense, and i know how much you love defense Justin..."

"I do."

"...really stood tall in allowing only five points to a Sandskimmers offense that came in tied for third..."

"With the Crusaders"

"...in points scored."

"It really was a great defensive effort, led of course by Crusader's goalkeeper Kayla Maroney."

"Ya know, it's funny. But with as good as she played, she didn't look too impressed with herself or her team."

"She is a really really hard person to impress Randy. I've met her and she just always seems to be that way."

"Well, she played great, and the team played great as the Crusaders knocked off the Sandskimmers for the second year in a row now."

"Yeah, a real rivalry starting to take shape there in the LFL."

"Which is a good thing, I love the ELL, but genuine excitement for the LFL can only add to the overall health of the big league clubs."

"It does, it does. And for us here, having the LFL team in the same system as their parent club. It lets the fans watch as the young players learn and grow and eventually maybe make their way to the ELL."

"Lots of fun there, and I'm sure there will be a bunch of Mando'ade trying to buy up tickets out on Rydonni Prime for the LFL Finals."

"No doubt, no doubt. The bandits fans will be out in force too though, and if you thought the Crusaders defense handled business in their semi-final game..."

"Azerati had the shutdown didn't they?"

"Yup, allowed just a single point to Firedrakes."

"That's concerning."

"Well Gallinore did come into the playoffs with the second worst offense in the LFL, so there is that. But you can't read too much into that. You just can't discount a defensive effort like the Bandit's put forth. It's should be a good game between two teams that are hungry to bring home an LFL title."

"A worthy game to whet out appetites then before the big game, the one to decide it all, the Galactic Cup Finals. We'll be back in a moment to talk more about the two teams, and break down their rosters a bit before we start taking your calls. So stay right here with us on the fandalorian!"

TAG: No one.

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Time for the ELL All-Star Game! As always, because it's an all-star game and everybody's playing a little loose, we've amped up the scoring potential. Playing on Rydonni Prime, Solo Conference gets home field advantage. Here's your storyline for today's game:

Elite League Limmie 281 All-Star Game

15:00 remaining, first half: Skywalker Conference vs. Solo Conference (13-13)
    End of first half: Skywalker Conference vs. Solo Conference (15-19)
    15:00 remaining, second half: Skywalker Conference vs. Solo Conference (17-23)
    End of second half: Skywalker Conference vs. Solo Conference (17-31)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Rebecca_Daniels Runjedirun Vehn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.