main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir. Here we go!

Week 3 Results
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (16-18)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Chandrila Patriots (9-9, OT 16-13)
    Carratos Pirates at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (16-2)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Mando’ade Mercs (4-6)
    Denon Demons at Stewjon Metropolitans (18-7)
    Bakura Miners at Coruscant Senators (7-5)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

2. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus potential for Galinore (28), Druckenwell (28), Tatooine (32), Concordia (30), Thyferra (32) and Atzerri (28)

LFL Week 2 Results

Gallinore Firedrakes @ Druckenwell Marksmen (12-20)
    Tatooine Sandkimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (12-24)
    Thyferra Force @ Byblos Redwings (14-15)
    Kamino Waves @ Atzerri Bandits (3-24)

Tags: jcgoble3 Vehn Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a rainy and windy, but not as rainy and windy as yesterday, Victory afternooooooon! Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Wow, what a game, and the weather..."

"Thought we were back on Euceron for a while there, 20 KPH sustained winds throughout the game..."

"Gusting up to 55KPH."

"...along with that cold hard rain throughout...."

"Field looked like a mud pit even before the game started!"

"...but somehow, some way the Mercs pulled it out for a close fought 6-4 win over the Rangers."

"Can you imagine what their locker room smelled like after all that rain...and all those wookiees?"

"Oh man, really?"

"I know, right? Had to be terrible."

"Yeah...about as bad as conditions on the field. When that storm rolled in and I saw how bad it was..."

"I thought the Mercs had no chance, no chance then. That kind of rain, all that mud and wind. I mean, no one can get any footing, spacing is thrown out the window and long passes are almost impossible. there is a huge advantage shift to the larger, more physical team..."

"And how often can we say that the more physical team is the Mercs opponent?"

"Not very often, but with the Rangers that's always the case and with the conditions taking away the Mercs one remaining advantage, speed I thought we were in for a long but low scoring game."

"Well it was, and I have to agree with you here, that defensive game was entertaining as the nine hells."

"It was, it really was, and I think the players were having some fun out there too."

"Really surprised no one got hurt in this one, with the way the field looked...

"Yeah me, too. We lucked out there, and so did the Rangers"

"Did you see Fu Arock going back to the locker room at halftime, all covered in mud?"

"The only thing you could see was his smile, he was loving it!"

"And he came out from the locker room basically the same way, he didn't clean any of it off!"

"He was having the time of his life, and it seemed to work for him, he scored two points, which actually led all scorers."

"Yeah, even considering the conditions, it was a great defensive effort from both sides, both goaltenders earned a shutdown..."

"Second one for Katan already this season."

"Mauntak had a great game too, but he always seems to love taking it to these guys."

"Not sure what it is, but he takes playing against the Rangers personally."

"Probably grew up a Rangers fan and wants to make an impression."

"Could be, I'd ask him the next time we interview him, but that ain't gonna happen."

"Because he threatened to eat you the next time you talked to him?"

"Yep, that'd be why."

"Hahaha."

"OK, all right, enough of that."

"Ha..." Justin was still giggling, so Randy changed the subject.

"You know who also had a good game was Kol, she is looking like a seasoned pro out there."

"Yeah...yeah she is. had a little bit of a hiccup on Coruscant..."

"She didn't play badly there."

"...but overall she is really carving out her own niche, her own legacy hopefully, with the Mercs."

"The team is looking pretty good defensively, especially at home."

"Yeah they are, but they have to be careful, and they have to show that they can do it on the road, especially this upcoming game at Denon."

"Now they have a great defense!"

"Yeah no kidding."

"I can't believe this, but they haven't allowed any team to score double digits on them through their first three games..."

"Amazing, even worse when you consider they still haven't entered double digits in points overall allowed for the season."

"What?"

"Yeah, check it out. Nine points allowed all year for the 3-0 Demons, that's an average even Randy could figure out."

"Gimme a minute..."

"I mean you think our defense is good but shab..."

"Going to be really tough to break through that defensive front, so the Mercs really better be on their game, offensively and defensively if they want to hang that first loss on the Demons for the season."

"It's three! Three points per game they are giving up! Wait, that can't be right. Their backs are that good?"

"Came out of no where huh?"

"What their defense, or the answer?"

"Their defense..."

"OK, OK. I used a calculator! You happy?"

"Yes, yes I am."

"Well so am I! Mercs win, Crusaders win and we'll see if they can both keep it up next week. We'll be right back with your calls after the break, so stick with us on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: No one, I play NPC teams for awhile. :p

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Rowdy Roosey
    Byblos

The second time around seemed to be an improvement. Rowdy had played limited minutes again as a reserve forward, but her minutes had seen some good things. She had shrugged off defenders on her way to the ball or to make a block like Keli Sen had asked her to do, and she had seen some things happen as a result. At one point, her block helped open a hole for Mala Bonero to blast a shot into the net for three points. Later on, she had chipped a loose ball off the turf with her foot, causing it to sail over the bar for a point. Now she had a goal and a bar point in her brief LFL career, along with improving blocking skills. On the other hand, she had shown some inexperience with two turnovers and a bad misplay where she was targeted with a pass but went the wrong way and had the ball intercepted. But she was still new, so things would happen. The Force lost a narrow one, 15-14 to the host Red Wings.

After the game, Coach Sen told her team that they had hung in there, but that she would need to see a bit more effort from them in certain phases of the game. Rowdy had to take the shot on the chin that some of her bad plays may have cost her team the game, but that was true in most anything. Even in fights, missed opportunities could haunt you. She had talked too much before one match and got beaten badly by a determined opponent. That loss had stung for a while, and it had forced her to re-evaluate her priorities in the ring. It had led to her re-doing her training and then coming back to take more victories before postponing the rest of her career to try Limmie.

After the game, the Force’s offensive coordinator wanted to talk to Rowdy about some things. The former fighter tried to follow as closely as she could, but it was sometimes difficult. After all, she was trying to fit in with players who had been doing this since they were very young. She had just picked this sport up the prior year, and had absolutely no formal training in it whatsoever. For all intents and purposes, she was just winging it.

That week in practice, she set a goal for herself; to cut down on the dumb plays and to make better decisions. She had to remember back to when she and Hela Montego had worked on things during the offseason.

“You want to set your feet like this,” Hela said, crouching down a little bit as Rowdy looked on. “Good foot technique opens up a better form for passing.”

“Why can’t I just throw the ball with my arm? I have enough strength,” Rowdy commented.

“Technique beats raw skill,” Hela replied, obviously not impressed by the fighter’s boasts. “Strong base equals better throw, equals better accuracy. Throw the ball smart and you can score points. Throw it hard but offline, and that goes the other way.”

Rowdy tried some passes from that stance, but she found it difficult. She would rather have just heaved the ball using her strength because it felt easier. But, then again, her accuracy on those throws was poor. At least when she used the stance, or at least thought about her feet and throwing motion, her accuracy improved a little. It still needed a lot of work, though.

“You need to keep your motion fluid, or this is a waste,” Hela said at one point when Rowdy tried to throw the ball correctly.

Obviously the forward from the junkyards knew how to play, and Rowdy didn’t know. She had a lot to learn.

With the Kamino game looming, Coach Sen called Rowdy into her office. “I’ll give you a few more minutes this week, and see what you can do with them. I hope you will respond and do well,” Sen said.

“I’ll do my best,” Rowdy said. After all, she wanted minutes, so she was gaining some traction.

“With the way the Senator offense is struggling, they may need a reinforcement or two soon,” Sen commented. “That may cost us our best forward or two. Hence, I need to see what I can get from you in extended action, see if you can increase your role. After all, the more minutes you play, the higher your chance to get called up.”

“I’ll take it,” Rowdy said.

It was on to Kamino.

TAG: No One

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Corran Ostaren
    Coruscant

“They say that love and hate are just two sides of the same credit chip. As I traveled with the Miners to the Galactic City, the heart of the Core, the Big...Some Kind of Fruit, I wanted to talk to the players about this.”

Corran sat across from Ronan, the Chiss half forward. “Bakura and Coruscant have played each other 23 times since 262--the most of any two teams in the League,” Corran said, “On a scale of ‘They’re my huckleberry’ to ‘Never let me go,’ how much do you love the Senators?”

“I don’t love the Senators,” Ronan said coldly.

“But seriously, on that scale, where do you fall?”

“I don’t love the Senators. They’ve destroyed us the last two years, at home. I want to pummel them into the ground.”

“Well, love and hate--”

“Are completely diametrically opposed emotions for which Chiss have no use,” Ronan said before standing up and walking away.

“Okay, maybe don’t ask mean Mr. Mustard about these sorts of things,” Corran said via voiceover. “Maybe someone else would see where I was coming from.”

The next shot was of him sitting with Nelly Wizmark. “This year will be your thirteenth game against the Senators, right?” Corran asked.

“Sounds about right.”

“And in that time, you’ve gone 7-5 against them, including two playoff losses.”

“Yeah, just what I’d like to be reminded of right now,” Wizmark said sarcastically.

“I try to be helpful,” Corran said with a genuine smile. “So, how much do you love the Senators?”

“I love them like…” Wizmark paused and thought. “...like a hole in the head.”

“You know, that’s not very loving,” Corran said.

“I know.”

“Would you like to try again?”

“No.”

The next scene was of Corran with the starting full back of the Miners. “Oh man the Senators are like the greatest team ever!” Horst Penn said enthusiastically.

“Now this is what I’m talking about!” Corran said excitedly. “Finally! Someone who gets it! Who’s your favorite Senator?”

“That’d have to be Fu Arock. He’s so hilarious,” Horst said.

“Fu Arock,” Corran repeated.

“Yeah. That part where he says his name instead of me cracks me up every time!”

“You know that Fu Arock is on the Mando’ade Mercs, not the Senators, right?” Corran pointed out.

“Oh yeah! Duh! I totally knew that,” Horst said, slapping himself on the side of the head.

“Okay, let’s try again: your favorite Senator is…”

“Tendra Nalo.”

“She’s on Hapes.”

“That’s right! All the women in the ELL play for them.”

“Like Morgan Alesh and Niskat Deenever?” Corran suggested.

“Well not them...obviously. Man, you don’t know where Morgan and Niskat play? That’s not good. You should do more research before you do one of these pieces,” Horst said, looking at the camera with a little grin.

“So, once more, your favorite Senator is…”

“Ty Allin.”

“Starkiller.”

“Logan Manx.”

“Pirate. Also retired.”

“Leia Adama.”

“You’re playing her--wait, she’s actually a Senator!” Corran exclaimed. “You actually named one!”

“See, I know who beings are,” Horst said.

“Okay, so Leia Adama, favorite Senator. Do you love the Senators so much that you’d play for them if you could?” Corran asked.

“Oh yeah, for sure. Well, I mean, I’d play for Euceron first. I mean, I totally thought they were going to draft me when I entered the league,” Horst said.

“The Euceron Storm?”

“Yeah, they’re awesome.”

“I notice you’re using the present tense to describe them. You realize they haven’t existed for a couple of years?” Corran pointed out.

“Well, I mean there’s that, but it’d be them or Agamar. I mean, it’d be so awesome if I could play there. My Mom could come to all the games. She could even bring me some candy for during the game,” Horst said, getting excited about this idea.

“So you’d want to play for the Agamar Packers, a team that has grounded itself due to a planet-wide disease outbreak?”

“Sure, they’re on the list. I’d totally play for them, or for Carratos or Rydonni Prime. They’re both like super good. Ooooh, Hapes would be cool because of all the ladies. Nar Shaddaa’s always winning games so that’d be awesome. Ralltiir just won the Cup, that’d be awesome. If I played for the Mercs I bet Fu Arock and I would be best friends. There’s Kashyyyk--those Wookiees are so funny. Or furry. Those words confuse me sometimes. Stewjon was really fun last week. Chandrila, who wouldn’t want to ply for them? Denon’s got a super good defense, so if I played there I’d be ultra good. Or uber good. Or ultra-uber good.”

“And you’d want to play for the Senators,” Corran reminded him.

“Well, yeah, them too.”

“Anyone else?”

“Don’t think so.”

“Anyone at all?” Corran suggested.

“Nope.”

“Anyone?!” Corran asked more forcefully. “Like, I don’t know, a team that’s owned by your wife’s family that might be currently playing your salary?!”

“Oh yeah! The Miners! I always forget about them,” Horst said, a great epiphany breaking upon him.

“You always forget about your own team?” Corran clarified.

“Yeah. You know what they say, they’re always in the last place you look.”

Corran got up and came over to Horst and gave him a hug, putting his head into Horst’s chest. “You are my new favorite being. Thank you Maker for this being. I think I can make it through the next nine weeks.”

“But there was still a limmie game to play,” Corran said by way of voiceover.

“After last week’s game, I was ready for a another shootout. This was the vaunted Miners power offense, a well-oiled scoring machine. In a rivalry game like this they were sure to come out firing.”

The next scene was of Corran standing on the sidelines and watching the play unfold.

“Okay, here we go, Deenever’s driving…and she’s stopped. Okay, nice work Nis!” Corran said, calling this last sentence. “We’ll get it next time!”

A different shot of Corran watching the game, once again getting excited. “All right, ball’s to Clarette—see, I totally know who people are. (Take that Horst.) Annnnnd Gamble’s got the ball. No problem Saida! It’s gonna come.”

A new shot of Corran, now somewhat less excited. “Okay, third time’s the charm. Let’s go, let’s do this--oh for Force sake Ronan! You missed the net.”

The holocamera zoomed in on the Chiss with his distinctive eyeblack pattern. His red eyes were glaring in Corran’s direction.

“And missing the net is totally okay!” Corran said quickly. “Don’t worry about it! Nice work.” He turned to the camera. “Probably meant to do that—didn’t want to run up the score early on. Can’t give the Senators a big hole or they’ll get super motivated to come back.”

The next shot was of Corran sitting on the field with his head propped against one hand. “Miners coming in again…” Corran said, his voice monotone. He put one hand over his eyes, but kept talking. “Zonka’s got the ball…and he’s stuffed.” Corran removed his hand. “Oh hey, look at that, I was 50% right. Beckman got stuffed.”

The next shot was of Corran reading a holozine. “Hmmm…this is a really insightful expose into where the administration of William Ypres is probably headed. You know, not enough people are paying attention to these critical developments in the Federation.”

“Hey, dude, you know the Miners scored like 15 seconds ago, right?” the being next to him observed.

“What?!” Corran exclaimed. “What do you mean they scored?”

“Yeah, popped a ball over the bar.”

“But this game is a snoozer! I thought nobody’s allowed to score!”

“Or it’s a grand defensive battle that true fans of limmie can appreciate.”

“Determined to be a true fan of limmie,” Corran said. “I started paying closer attention to the game. I started to see the great dejarik game that was being played out between the two teams, masterminded by Peet Carelle and Gaeriel Valerii. A single misstep could be fatal in a game like this. Being distracted for even a moment might turn the entire flow of the game.”

“Hey, Gaeriel, Gaeriel,” Corran said, having snuck onto the Miner sideline next to the head coach. “Have you seen this Cathar video? It’s so cute.” He was holding out his handheld datapad for Valerii to look at.

“Not now, Ostaren!” Valerii growled, not even looking over. She moved down the field as the play headed that way.

“No problem! We’ll just watch this at halftime together!” Corran called after her. “Hey! Niall Bourdogny! Have you seen this Cathar video?”

“Luckily, this was a real duel of master players. Jayla Leed at one end, Lizbit Comstock at the other. Galactic Cup champions both,” Corran’s voice came over more exciting game footage. “And today I would witness a rarity in the Elite League.”

“It’s a double shutdown,” Kettin Hervey said, bouncing excitedly. “They’re going to pull off a dual shutdown!”

“What’s that?” Corran asked with great interest.

“It means that neither goalkeeper allowed a goal. It’s like the greatest thing ever in defense!” Hervey said, positively bulging with excitement.

“Unlike not allowing any points to be scored at all, which would be the worst thing ever,” Corran said.

“That’s not the point--a double shutdown!” Hervey said.

“I really think we need to work on what you get excited about,” Corran said.

“I can get excited about whatever I want,” Hervey said.

“You know, you have so many muscles and I have so few, I’m going to agree with you about that,” Corran said.

The next scene was of him rushing up next to Lizbit Comstock. “Lizbit, you’ve just put in a shutdown. What are you going to do now?”

“Uhhh...think I’ll go home,” Comstock said.

“You can’t pack up and go home now! You’re in your prime!” Corran said.

“No, I mean go back to Bakura. Next game’s at home against Kashyyyk,” Lizbit replied.

“Oh! Well why didn’t you say so before!” Corran griped. “Hey, can I play with that wooden hammer thingy?

“Next week, I go to Bakura to find out whether the crushing weight of expectations after just one win breaks the Miners.”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn for the false hope that Horst Penn will sign with your team one day. ;)

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Reports of strong Anti-Human sentiment among Atzerri Bandits fans as the game against the Sandskimmers approaches. Anti-Human slurs were heard from the crowd last week at the Waves game and the same slurs were used on social media by fans to comment on the Red Wings game the week before.
    • The Atzerri Bandits management and their parent team the Carratos Pirates have made no comment as to their fans actions.
    TAG: CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 Runjedirun

7. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Before the team departs for Rydonni Prime, Cambrielle, Ralltiir

IC: Lucie Vigo-Allin

The day before Ty left for Rydonni Prime was my last day of work. The baby probably won’t be coming for several more weeks. I need this time. I need to make sure my baby has a room to come home to when he or she arrives. I need to give T.J. and Ezra some extra attention before a new sibling takes away their time with me. Yet somehow it feels selfish to walk away from my father’s dream. Even if I’ll be back in a few short months.

This weekend Bough is too busy with opening night at our main theater to come stay with us. Ty’s mother comes instead. Ty is over the 18 moons with this idea. I’m less excited. Ty’s mom arrives several hours before Ty is scheduled to leave. She brings sweets and toys for the boys. Two things they already have too much of. I smile and allow the boys to indulge in their goodies. Ezra sticks out his empty hand after finishing his candy and says “More.” I’m mortified.

Ty and his mother fall into a fit of laughter. “He’s so cute,” Ty’s mom jubilated.

There was one advantage to having Ty’s mom there early. Ty and I are able to sneak off for a private lunch before he has to leave for Rydonni Prime. We discuss baby names for the 100th time at lunch. “If you don’t decide soon we are going to have a Ty III,” Ty said as he is about to stuff a forkful of nerf down his throat.

“You can’t name him that,” I say shaking my head.

“Why not?” He asks seriously.

“If T.J. has a son, his name could be Ty III,” I explain. Ty begins to argues the point. I realize it’s not worth arguing and decide to agree with him. I hope even more this baby is a girl.

After lunch we get the boys and take them to the spaceport with us. T.J. hugs his dad and wishes him good luck. Ezra wants me to hold him, but he’s too heavy and my belly is too big. Ty’s mom tries to hold him, but he doesn’t like that. Ezra ends up sitting defiantly on the ground as his father boards the shuttle. Ty waves like crazy at his youngest son and Ezra doesn’t react. A full minute after the shuttle has taken off, Ezra waves “Bye, bye,” he says clearly. I sigh if only his father had heard him.

Ty’s mother is good with the boys, I get some extra rest. When the game comes on T.J. is excited as usual and wearing his father’s jersey. Ezra is restless. He goes upstairs. I follow and realize he wants to watch a holo. The same holo he watches everyday. Ty’s mom says she will watch with him so I put it on and head down to watch the game. It’s violent. It seems worse when I’m at home somehow. I see his head hit the turf during tackles and fear he won’t get back up. Not being there to know he’s okay frightens me.

It’s a close game, but the Starkillers lose by two. I want happiness for Ty and I know how hard he works at his career. T.J. doesn’t like to see his father lose either. Luckily Ty doesn’t let losing get him down and I feel that there’s a lesson for T.J. in all this. So when the hour starts getting late and T.J. continually finds excuses not to go to bed we call his father. Ty comes through like my knight in a freshly pressed Jedi robe. I’m glad I called. I’m glad I called because T.J. finally goes to bed and because I know he’s not injured and I sleep better knowing he is well.

Just After the Loss on Rydonni Prime

IC: Ty Allin

I clutch the Golden Gloves rivalry trophy close to my chest as we head back to the visitors locker room at Rydonni Prime. My teammates look frustrated, we all wear mud, sweat and even a little blood on our jersey’s but something is missing. Our smiles, our love for playing this game; I need to help my team find the joy that comes out of pounding our bodies into the bodies of others and the Limmie turf so many hours a day for 6 and even 7 days each week during a season. If this isn’t fun, it’s not worth it.

As I traced the gloves on the trophy with my fingertips I thought about how much I enjoyed the game today. I thought about how proud I was of each and every one of our players who put so much work into making it such a close game today. Our best defensive effort of the season, a young season, I realize to myself. A season we were going to turn around next week. I run ahead, still clutching the trophy tightly and ask Coach permission to speak to the team before we hit the showers.

“Why do you think I made you captain?” He asks. “”You’re a natural leader Allin,” he says answering his own question. “Tell them what you saw out there today. Your team needs you,” he reminds me.

I put the trophy under my arm and secure it like a ball I’m carrying up field as I race ahead of my teammates to the locker room. “Stay put,” I holler towards Alyada and Yolanda. I can see them making pace for the showers. Alyada specifically gives me a dirty look. I know she wants to get on the shuttle and forget about our loss here today as soon as possible. I used that thought as I begin to address my team.

“I want everyone to focus on the game we just played. Not the result, the game itself. Bartholomew, Yolanda 6 points each. Kara I saw you itching to jump off that bench tonight. I can’t wait to see you at home next week in your first game back. I can’t imagine how hard it’s been to wait. I know you’ve done the right thing and that you will be 100% when we face the Pirates next week,” Kara nods an affirmative. I reach out my fist and we pound.

“Not to diminish the work done out there by Lofykam and Frokabukk. The two of you could still be out there taking down defenders,” an enthusiastic roar is the response. “Hovechar you were moving so fast out there that I couldn’t even see you. Se’o I’ve never met your girl, but I know she’s proud of you today,” I threw that last bit in there just to see if his facial expression would give anything up. I had my suspicions that his girl wasn’t real. He’s stoic, I’m pretty sure there is no girl.

“Leo, I see you up there. I know you want my job and I better be careful or you’ll be claiming it before I’m ready to walk off on my own,” he’s shy, Fostiir blushes. “Everyone on the defense, especially young Cliff it was our best game of the season and we have nowhere to go but up from here. Don’t be discouraged. We have come back from further down than this,” I raise the trophy over my head and spit on it. The team all spits towards it, I receive a shower of saliva, Coach Jul makes a disgusted face that I can’t help but laugh at.

As I start to prepare for take off I get a call from T.J. “Dad are you okay?” He asks.

“I’m just fine, Junior. Why do you ask?”

“Mommy said I gotta be extra good when you get home, because you’re having a bad season.”

T.J. looks really sad. I wish there was someone I could express my frustrations about this season to, but my son is only 5. Suddenly it occurs to me that maybe he’s causing trouble at home. “Does your mother know you made this call?” I ask.

“I’m right over here,” Lucie chimes in. “T.J.’s been moping around the house since the loss and I wanted him to hear from you that you are okay. So that he’d go to bed. So he won’t be tired for school tomorrow. Promise us you’ll be there when we pick him up in the afternoon.” I smile despite myself. Lucie is beautiful, even in an oversized t-shirt 8 months pregnant.

“Junior, when you don’t win a game sometimes you do feel sad,” I explain. “That’s when you make a choice. You either let that sadness take over you or you turn it into something positive. I made good plays today. Did you see that tackle at the end of the first half?”

He smiles, “I remember you took down to offenders at once!” He exclaims.

“Next week I’ll do that again,” I tell my son. “In order to win next week the team and I will break down the game. We’ll focus on what we did right and do those things again. We’ll also look at the stuff we did wrong and try to improve on it. Does this make sense?”

“I guess, so you’re not upset?”

“I’m not upset that I lost a Limmie game,” I said putting on my best dad face. “But if I get home and hear that you didn’t go to bed directly after this call ends I’ll be upset. You don’t want that.”

He’s quiet. “Did you hear what I said?”

He nods. “Then go to bed,” I say sternly as possible. There’s fear in his eyes, “I love you.” I add more gently. I watch as he hands the data pad to his mother and scurries out of the room.

“Thanks,” Lucie says.

“Where’s my mom?” I ask Lucie. I was hoping my mom would help with these things while I was away.

“She fell asleep watching a holo with Ezra while the game was on.”

“Why doesn’t Ezra watch my games?” T.J. has loved bolo ball since he was an infant. He watched the games, Ezra pays no attention I’m told and I can’t help but be hurt.

“Ty, he’s not really old enough to understand. Besides would it be so bad if one of our children isn’t a Limmie enthusiast?”

I just want my son to like me.” The only thing Ezra likes is holos and food. I shrug my shoulders, “T.J. was so different at his age, I don’t understand.”

“Wait until he’s 15,” Lucie warns.

“He’s not turning 15, I won’t let him.”

Lucie laughs. “I’m going to get some sleep. You should too. I’ll see you in the morning.”

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

It’s nice to be able to run down the ramp this week and hug my wife. I watch Shyall meet up with her sister. She looks more relaxed this week. It’s a problem for another day. I’m spending this day with my family. Work can wait until tomorrow.

I load my gear in the speeder and allow Lucie to drag me to a caf shop before we pick up T.J. I get something that’s supposed to taste like a milkshake, but I can tell it’s not made with real milk. Lucie’s whole demeanor changes as she sips her drink. She looks so peaceful. I tell her about Se’o and how I don’t believe he even has a girlfriend. She tells me to mind my own business.

T.J. is very excited to see me when he arrives at our speeder in front of the school. He tells jokes from the back seat as we ride to pick up his brother from daycare. Ezra is quiet in the speeder. “Ezra wants to go get hamburgers for dinner,” T.J. announces.

“I didn’t hear him say that,” I turn and look at Ezra. He’s smiling broadly. “You want hamburgers, buddy?” He keeps smiling, I’ve only heard the kid say about 5 words thus far and he’s nearly 2 years old. Lucie says some kids don’t talk until they are 4, but I’m getting impatient. “Hamburgers it is,” I announce. Only because I think Ezra understands and I know he likes hamburgers.

Lucie doesn’t like hamburgers. She finds a place that makes hamburgers and vegetarian options. After dinner we go home and T.J. reads aloud to me. He says he hates it. I tell him he’s good at it and that I’m proud of him. As soon as the boys are both in bed I start making moves on Lucie. I have plans to make love with her every night until that baby comes. It looks to me like the baby is coming soon and once that baby comes Lucie won’t let me touch her for weeks. It’s the hardest part about having babies.

The next morning I’m feeling great. On the way to practice I’m stuck at a red light in front of a store that sells adult toys. My mind starts churning and I decide to make a quick stop. I purchase something that I think will be great for a prank later in the week and get to practice with mere minutes to spare. I sprint from my speeder to the meeting room and walk in just as Coach is about to lock me out. He’s known to make a scene when anyone is late. Today we are all on time. We all want to stop this losing streak. We have a sold out crowd coming to see us win on Sunday and we want to give them their credits worth.

We spend the entire morning analyzing tape of the game between us and the Monarchs. After lunch we hit the field. It’s not two minutes into warm-ups before Se’o starts bragging about how good his girl looks in a new dress he bought her. “How do you know she looks so good in the dress if you haven’t seen her in it?” I ask.

“Of course I saw her in it,” he replies. “What makes you think I didn’t see her in the dress?”

“Did she finally join you here on Ralltiiir? You should bring her to the team dinner on Saturday. I’d love to meet her since I’ve heard so much about her,” I reply.

“I meant that she sent me holos of her in the dress. That’s how I saw her in it,” he replies.

“You should fly her in for the game,” I suggest. “It’s a shame for you two to be apart the whole season.”

“I’m sure she’d really like to come, but she’s terrified of space travel. She’ll only get on a shuttle if I board with her and I have to hold on to her the whole trip,” he explains quickly.

“That’s too bad,” I say. I am convinced this girl doesn’t exist. Not my problem. I have a Limmie game to prepare for. I grab a ball and make a long pass to Noah. Hours later I’m dragging my bag back to my speeder under the light of the stars. When I get home dinner is over. I start to reheat my plate when T.J. runs down to see me.

“How’s daddy’s boy?” I ask hearing his feet as they pound down the steps.

“Good. How are you?”

“I’m good,” I turn around to face T.J. and see Lucie coming down the steps behind him.

“Tell your father about the note from your teacher,” she instructs T.J.

T.J. is quiet so Lucie picks up a piece of flimsy on the counter and hands it to me. I know this isn’t good. A hand written note from a teacher. Inside I’m laughing. Like father, like son. I’m wondering what he did so I quickly read the note. “You refused to do your assignment,” I say out loud after reading the first part. “You were disrupting the class, so you were escorted to the office. You sat in the office and still refused to do your work,” I said with amazement. This kid has balls. This is definitely my kid. “T.J. why didn’t you do the assignment?” I ask.

“It was just a prank,” he explains with a shrug.

“What was a prank?”

“I was going to do my work, I was pranking the teacher saying I wasn’t going to do it.” He says still acting like he hasn’t done anything wrong.

I am not at all prepared. A big part of me wants to say Good job! And give him a high five. I get down on one knee so I’m on his level and pull T.J. close to me. A little rough so he knows this is serious. His face gets a worried look real quick and I watch as his hand goes back to cover his bottom. “Don’t worry,” I say. “I’m not going to hit you.” Nothing about his demeanor changes, I don’t think he believes me.

“A prank is something we do to make others laugh,” I explain. “Refusing to do school assignments doesn’t qualify as a prank. Understand?” There’s no answer. “T.J. you have to do what your teacher says when you are at school. Do you understand?”

He shrugs. I’m literally holding back. The kid deserves a swat, I need to reinforce that this behavior is not okay. I look around the room and spy his data pad on the table. Quickly I stand and go get it. I open the main page, “You see this.” I state roughly pointing at his favorite game. I delete it.

“You can’t do that!” He barks tears beginning to stream down his face.

“I just did. You can have it back on Saturday. You misbehave in school; I take your games away, got it?”

“I hate you.” Ouch, that hurts. Doesn’t matter why he said it, it hurts to ear my son say those words.

“Go to bed T.J.,” I holler back. “Now,” I say sternly pointing towards the stairs. There’s a lot of fear in his eyes as he glances at me one last time before scurrying up the stairs. I hear his door slam.

“If he wakes up Ezra,” Lucie says. We both hold our breaths for what seems like several minutes. It’s blissfully quiet. “That was intense,” Lucie says taking a seat on the sofa.

“Yea,” I agree. I take a seat next to Lucie and start to rub her back. Not going to let my son ruin an evening with his mother.

Practice goes smoothly the next day. I’m a believer in my team. We’ve worked Shyall back into the starting line-up. She’s filed a restraining order against Kaat and the team has officially suspended her until her hearing in three weeks. Every member of security has strict orders not to let her into the facility so Shyall feels safe here. The fur on Shyall’s chest and back is growing back nicely and she says living with her sister has been healing.

My only frustration comes when trying to run drills with Noah and Shyall. Noah and Shyall are practicing switching positions mid play to confuse our opposing offense. I have Se’o and Hovechar trying to dribble the ball past them. Shyall makes a nice tackle and pins Se’o to the turf. As he gets up he says he wants to take 5 so he can call his girl. He says it’s evening on Mandalore and he likes to speak to her before bed each night. “Not now,” I say. “I’m not stopping practice so you can call a fake girl.”

Whoops, did I just say that out loud? Se’o looks at me in surprise. “Fake? What the hell? Why would you say my girlfriend is fake?” He wants to know.

“Cause I never met her. Never even saw a holo,” I add.

“Well I’m going to call her. It will only take 5 minutes. If you want to see her holo stop by my locker after practice.” As he walks by he makes sure to brush up against my shoulder. We end up stopping for drinks until he gets back. True to his word he only takes a few minutes. When he gets back we pick up where we left off and all goes well. I still stop by his locker after practice.

He loads a picture of a human woman. She’s small and familiar. I’m not sure why she’s familiar. She is very pretty. “That’s the dress I bought her,” he brags. It’s a very stylish dress, something you’d see on a holo star at an awards show. Suddenly it hits me; I have seen this girl before. She’s in holos. I keep my mouth shut remembering the prank. That night when everyone leaves I hang out in my speeder a few minutes. Once I am sure the facility is empty of all other players and Coach is in his office I grab the item I bought earlier in the week and head back to the locker room.

When I arrive home T.J. is waiting for me. He has a piece of flimsy he hands me. At first I’m worried it’s another note from school. One quick glance and I realize it’s a picture he drew of me. I’m tackling someone in a Pirates uniform, I check the number and realize it’s Else Reppen. On the top of the drawing there is a note it says in his own handwriting To DAD: I’m Sorry.

I’m touched. I know I shouldn’t be. I know he just wants his game back. Still T.J. put a lot of effort into this drawing. I fold it up neatly. “This is really nice,” I tell T.J. I lean down and kiss his forehead. I tousle his hair, “But you’re not getting your game back until Saturday.”

“Not fair!” He says angrily.

“Hey,” I yell trying to stop him as he stomps off. “Ty Junior, get back here you and I need to talk.” We have a father son pow wow. Something I’ve only ever seen in holos. My dad would have smacked me good and hard if I had raised my voice at him. We never talked. I really didn’t know what I was doing, but I explained to T.J. that he got himself in trouble and he had to pay the price. I reminded him he would get his game back in two days and I told him if he didn’t want to lose it again he should listen to his teacher. I think it went pretty well. Maybe Lucie is on to something. I feel good about our talk.

The next day I make sure to arrive early at practice. I’ve stuffed an old fashion blow up doll of a human woman in a red leotard into Se’o’s locker. As luck would have it Se’o is one of the last players to arrive. When the plastic woman falls on him as he opens up his locker he jumps back in surprise. Everyone laughs, except Se’o who is trying to figure out what it is that hit him.

“Gotcha a real girl,” I explain.

There’s more laughter from my teammates. Se’o doesn’t think it’s funny. He starts coming at me and I have to duck as he throws a punch. “Hey, man. Calm down. It’s just a joke.”

“It’s not funny,” he says.

“It’s no fun to listen to you brag about a girl that doesn’t exist either. I looked up your girlfriend last night. Is this the same girl?” I ask flashing him a holo on my data pad. He nods, more than a little embarrassed. “You don’t even know her,” I accuse. “How stupid do you think I am?”

Ashamed Se’o doesn’t know what to say or do. He turns and leaves the locker room.

“Great,” a familiar voice booms. “Now we are out a good midfielder. What’s your problem Allin?” Coach asks.

“Just a prank,” I say defensively. “It’s not my fault he can’t take a joke.”

Coach is polite enough to pull me into the hallway before reaming me out. “I told you no more pranks. This team is struggling right now and we need wins. Not distractions. I need you Allin. I need you to be a positive influence for your teammates and I need you on the Limmie field. Where you’re going to be is on the bench.”

My mouth falls open. “You can’t be serious,” I start.

“Dead serious,” he states coldly. “The first quarter your ass sits the bench. The rules apply to you Allin. Kara is captain this week. You want the title back you show me you’ve grown up,” he walks back in the locker room without even giving me a chance to respond.

It’s embarrassing, but I walk back in the locker room. I lace up my cleats and I practice. I work just as hard, maybe even harder than earlier in the week. Noah will make a good Full Back for the first quarter, but I might have some clean up work to do when I go in. I don’t want to let my team down further. When we break for lunch Coach calls my name. I look his way and an object starts flying towards me. It’s a rope, but what I see is my father’s belt. I freak out and duck. Coach runs out to see if I’m okay. “It’s just a jump rope. I want you to jump while your teammates eat. Thought it would be good for you, help you remember not to play pranks when it’s inappropriate. What’d you think it was?” Coach asks.

I’m embarrassed. I don’t talk about my upbringing. I don’t answer Coach, I just grab the rope and start jumping. He grabs my hand to stop me. “I asked you a question,” his tone isn’t harsh. He’s concerned.

“Nothing,” I say trying to shrug it off. I want to jump rope. All these years of getting extra push ups, laps and other exercises has made me one of the strongest Limmie players on the pitch. I don’t get in trouble on purpose, but when I do I serve my time. After a short stare down with Coach he lets me continue with my rope jumping. He brings me a sandwich that I eat greedily as my teammates return to the field.

I don’t tell my family about what happened. I decide to keep the story in my back pocket for T.J. I want to raise him to be better than I am. Joking around is important to me, but maybe this time I took it too far and someone got hurt. I want him to recognize when it’s okay to pull a prank and when it’s not. Obviously at 31 I’m still trying to figure that out.

Day Before the Starkillers/Pirates game Team Dinner Financial Square Arena

IC: Lucie Vigo-Allin

Before we go in to eat Ty stops. He wants to tell me something. “Lucie, I got benched this week.”

“How long ago did this happen?” I ask.

“Just a couple days ago,” he explains. “A prank went wrong. Coach overreacted. I think he’s upset that we are 0-3. Anyway I’ll be sitting the first quarter tomorrow and I wanted you to hear it from me, not anyone in there,” he says motioning his head toward the door.

Uh, huh. What he means is that he waited until now to tell me so I wouldn’t get mad. I’m not going to make a scene in this hallway and he knows it. “Come on,” I say more to T.J. and Ezra ushering them inside. I find a table off to the side. I don’t want to sit with my mom tonight. Not after just receiving Ty’s news.

“Mommy,” T.J. says speaking up. “Can we sit with Uncle Tomas?”

Tomas is sitting with Hovechar. Every time I see my little brother he looks an inch taller. To be fair Hovechar is short. “You can sit with Tomas,” I tell T.J. He runs to join the Limmie players for dinner. I set up Ezra in a high chair and set up by myself at a table. Usually I’m very social, but tonight I just want to be invisible. My screw up husband and my big belly are embarrassing. I want to go home and hide under a blanket. “What are we having for dinner?” I ask Ezra pretending to be cheerful.

“More,” he says.

“We haven’t started eating yet,” I reply. I notice that Bat comes with his daughters. Georgia must not be ready to leave the house yet. Shyall walks in with another Shistavanen female. Shyall goes to sit with Ty and some other defenders. The other Shistaveanen approaches me and Ezra.

“I’m Mari, Shen’s sister. Is this seat taken?” I allow the woman to sit down. Immediately she begins to gush about what a great being my husband is. I want to argue with her at first. Then as I listen to her story I realize that Ty really is a great person. I don’t know what he did to get benched tomorrow. I’m sure he’s already moved on. I realize that I need to move on too. Mari and I have a pleasant conversation and dinner. Ezra eats like he’s possessed and I hear T.J.’s laughter from across the room. I pat my belly knowing our new baby is going to be in a good home.

Tags: CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Kara Sureysh returns as starter after giving birth to a daughter Avery Iler, during the off season.
    • Kara will return as sole Captain of the Starkillers. For reasons not released to the press Ty Allin has lost his captaincy.
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Starkillers Super Fan “Gob the Gamorrean” Self-Proclaimed Armchair Fullback Reports on the ELL (Week 3)

Bakura: Horst Penn is so unhappy with his team’s performance this year that he’s considered playing for the Euceron Storm and the Agamar Packers. That’s a game in the win column for week 7 Starkiller fans.

Carratos: We’ve allowed more points to be scored on us than the Pirates have scored this season. That totally makes us better.

Chandrila: Marmu if you ever get tired of scoring points on us, we’d love to take you back!

Denon: This team doesn’t scare me. They’ve led our division early before. What’s that saying about the kitchen getting too hot and the nachos burning? The Demons burn their nachos before week 6, mark my words.

Hapes: I don’t know what those beautiful women in Hapes see in a guy like Charles Brown. I’m entering the ’83 draft to see if they’ll put me on the roster, but don’t worry I won’t try very hard when we play Ralltiir.

Kashyyyk: Big bad Wookiees. Teeny tiny offense. Bring on week 9!

Mando’ade: Sending a thank you basket of nachos to this team for beating two teams in our division. I’ll even put the cheese in a separate container so they don’t get soggy.

Nar Shaddaa: Sending this team a basket of soggy nachos with moldy cheese. Hoping Shady Lerouex eats them and has a stomach ache for the rest of the season.

Ralltiir: Are we good or are we good? I already got my nachos cooking for the Galactic Cup Final. Starkillers are using the same fool proof strategy that worked for them last year. Lose a bunch, just when the rest of the league isn’t looking, make your move.

Stewjon: Looked unstoppable in weeks one and two. It’s their colors, the beautiful orange and blue. Last week was just a hick-up for this second best team in the ELL.

Tags: Trieste galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Bardan_Jusik Vehn

10. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Shady Lerouex
    Stoney End Park, Chandrila

I won't ever listen to anyone who says that the Burgundy and Green Brawl is dead Shady thought as the game burned into second overtime.

The Chandrila Patriots and the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers had a history. It wasn't pretty. It wasn't classy. It wasn't even really that memorable save for a stretch in the late 230s when the rivalry reached its peak under Tan Strensky of the Patriots and Rhia Grames of the Smugglers.

She quietly reflected on the fact the Smugglers had won two out of three match ups with the Patriots in the Final during those years. Old history to her. Ancient history to most fans. And yet it was a history that was part of the allure of this particular rivalry that had quietly faded over time. Faded in comparison to the huge ratings the Black and Blue battle with the Bakura Miners drew every year or The Game of Rivals which pitted Skywalker Conference contenders against one another in an annual celebration of blood and guts.

A lot had changed about the way the ELL was played since those early days. Hits that were legal in the times of Strensky and Grames were now heavily frowned upon and led to suspensions or fines. In fact, the opening hit that Shady placed on the Patriots back Jeea at the start of the game should've warranted her ejection. Under the old days the crowd would've roared their approval. Would have chanted her name to the heavens. Now she had to sneak such hits in when the cameras weren't looking. It was hard but it could be done.

Shady considered herself an artist. The limmie pitch was her canvas and the players who got in her way were her tools to paint said canvas with the blood of writhing agony and the sting of defeat. One broken nose here. Another broken rib there. An uppercut to the face resulting in a dislocated jaw. It was all part of her plan. It was all part of creating a masterpiece. She loved the rush of creativity that hit her as a game began. She had learned to quickly put all the pieces together as the game opened up with one salvo after another. She allowed herself to disappear into the game painting a beautiful snapshot of a victory with the blood of her opponents. Yes, she was quite the artist indeed.

Today's work of art had been more difficult to paint. Chandrila refused to cooperate. They refused to bow to Shady's briliant strokes and calculating steps. They'd fought hard and given as good as they had received. Now the game was in second overtime. Knotted up at 13 points a piece. Peter Mitchell had been shut down for most of the day. The "Iceman" Tom Kaz'ansky had also struggled. Mick Steele seemed indecisive at times and Sa'Akhuun, the Iridonian Helmsman winner from a few season back, was fighting a nagging groin injury.

All on you, Shady girl, all on you, the heavily tattooed, gangster raised kid from Nar Shaddaa thought as she powered up the field, bolo ball in hand.

Shady juked left around a Ugdolo Barr and leaped over a diving tackle conducted by Ronk Corbin. She was within her range now. She was within killing distance. Keline Socken was all alone. Keline Socken was outclassed and Shady knew right from the start of her attack pattern. She fired a heater that glanced off the bar and downward into the net.

Shady pumped her fist and taunted the home crowd who jeered and booed. What a victory. What a day. As she made her way into the tunnel she was stopped by two men who quickly flashed their badges.

"Shady Lerouex?" One of the men asked.

"Yeah?"

"You're under arrest for the murder of two men outside of a night club on Nar Shaddaa," one of the men explained. "New evidence has come to light which puts you firmly at the scene of the crime."

Shady felt like she had been punched in the stomach. That was four years ago. Hadn't Kaitlyn taken care of everything? Hadn't Kaitlyn covered her involvement up? How was this possible?

She felt the cuffs clamp down hard around her wrists. Shady looked up and saw several Patriots fans celebrating and snapping photos. Photos that would end up plastered all over the Holonet. Photos that would ruin her reputation and seriously damage Nar Shaddaa's. Her actions had finally caught up with her. There was nothing to do now but hang her head in shame.

"Where are you taking her?" Mylessa McCloud yelled rushing over.

"Back to Nar Shaddaa, Fifth Precinct," one of the detectives responded.

"Shady, we'll get you all the help you need," McCloud said.

"Thanks, Coach," Shady replied, "at least we won the game."

Mylessa reached out to grasp Shady's hand. "Don't worry. Everything is going to be fine."

Shady didn't have anything to say in reply. Some wounds ran pretty deep and today this one cut real hard. She'd grown up in one of the poorest boroughs on Nar Shaddaa. There'd always been a heavy police presence. Shootings every night. Kids dying way too young. She didn't trust the police. She didn't trust the law. It had never protected her when she needed it to and now she was certain it would fail her again.

Shady was pushed into the darkness by the two detectives of the NSPD. A darkness that was more terrifying than any she had ever experienced before.

Tag:Trieste (for game implications), jcgoble3 (for the match with Hapes)

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  11. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bill Hitts

Bill survived the flight from Concordia back to Tatooine on caf. While his team slept he analyzed the game they had just lost. He had not been rough on them in the locker room. It was game two of a nine week season. Nothing to be concerned about. Bill just knew the team could bounce back next week if he was able to direct them better in practice this week. Upon landing on the planet that Bill now considered home Bill allowed for players to return to their homes for the remainder of the day and return to the facilities early the next morning for practice. During that time Bill got about 4 hours of sleep on the sofa in his office.

That first day practice was promising. His players looked good on the pitch. Bill was so satisfied with the work his players put in that he went home himself that night and slept 10 hours. He felt great the next morning until he heard the news that there was some anit-human antagonizing going on by the fans on Atzerri. The Sandskimmers was a pretty even split of human and nonhuman players. They were a tight knit group. Most of them had been together more than one season. Bill decided to address his team and have them know what to expect when they got to the game. He instructed them to concentrate on the game, play Limmie, ignore any comments they heard and above all go for the win on Sunday. If anyone had concerns they were to speak with him before boarding the shuttle for Atzerri.

Bill heard no concerns from his team. He nearly forgot about the news reports until Spencer Vigo arrived unexpectedly at the spaceport just before the shuttle was scheduled to take off. To Bill's surprise Spencer had his travel bag with him. "Thought you weren't traveling this season," Bill said as he approached the young man.

"Padme wanted me to come," Spencer said. "She's worried about the atmosphere in Atzerri. I know there's not much I can do, but I want to see this for myself. I want to make sure our players are safe. I also think my presence will keep anyone from doing anything in retaliation."

Bill pretended to agree. Having a 19 year old owner along for the ride should help these players remember their manners, Bill thought sarcastically as he sat down to prepare for take-off.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Wild Nex
    Ta'a Chume'Dan, Hapes

Wild Nex’s eyes snapped open, she had another fight, soon, and this wasn’t her room. Where the hell was she? Looking around she could piece together that this was a hotel room. She looked out of the window and didn’t recognize anything outside. She hated this, she hated waking up on a strange planet with no idea how she got there. All she knew was she needed to get back to Carratos, right now. She gathered up her things and traveling papers for the person named Tian.

Outside on the streets she got an air cab and asked to be dropped off at the spaceport. Once there she put together that she was on Hapes, that is good, Inner Rim, it’s just a short hop back home, and back to the fighting ring.

Wild Nex tightened up her gloves, trying to throw off the hyper-lag she was feeling. The quick jaunt from Hapes to Carratos had put a stress on her body that coupled with the soreness, made her even more miserable. It was hard to keep her head up, she hoped that once the fight started that wouldn’t matter.

Her opponent was a Bothan called Fury. She stood up getting herself psyched up for the fight, or trying to. The match started and right away Fury came out swinging. A quick jab caught Nex in the face and before she could respond a cross snapped her head around. Nex backed away shaken by the quick hits. Fury kept coming not at a slow plodding pace like Rockrender but, fast, giving Nex no room to breathe. She tried to back the other fighter off with a few jabs and kicks but, Fury would just block the punches and step out of the way of the kicks.

Nex’s heartrate kept climbing as Fury continued to control the space. She could feel the control slipping away, and her anger growing. She had to turn this around. She allowed Fury to close in then sent a lightning fast jab into the Bothan’s snout. Two body blows landed soon after backing Fury off a bit more. Nex pushed forward trying to capitalize on the turn. She sent a few more strikes were directed at the prominent nose of the other fighter, all were batted away.

Something felt wrong Nex was dominating the space now but, wasn’t landing any good hits. With each punch sent forward a little bit of Nex’s energy went with it. Maybe if she could finish this fast it wouldn’t matter. She stepped up the attack throwing punches trying to find a weakness, or knock a hole in Fury’s defense. Under the withering assault some hits started to get through, there was hope.

Then that hope evaporated. Fury slipped out from under the hail of punches landing on of her own as she side stepped. Nex turned to keep up the attack. Unprepared a hard turning kick caught Nex in the right side. Pain ran through her body tensing up her muscles and forcing her to exhale. With her guard down Fury landed one punch, then two, then three, a flurry for punches pummeled Nex’s head and chest. With each hit a bit more of her drive and anger slipped away. Soon her vison began to blur and then with one final punch her legs collapsed under her.

Was this it, was this how she lost, she tried to get up but, her legs wouldn’t respond and the pain in her side overwhelmed her. The crowd cheered as Fury held up her hands in victory. This couldn’t be it, Nex had so many more fights ahead of her, it could end like this. As much as she tried to will her legs to work and the pain to subside, they wouldn’t obey her. The ref called the fight, and that was it, Wild Nex’s run in the tournament was over.

What passed for a medical staff got her out of the cage and put her on a stretcher to recuperate. It hurt so much to breathe, she just wanted to stop. The doctor looked her over pressing on her right side. Nex hissed in pain.

“Broken rib,” the Doctor said, “just take it easy for a bit and you should be fine.” He pulled out a syringe and injected her with something, “This for the pain, should be enough to get you home.” He turned away as Wild Nex struggled to sit up. “I’d suggest plenty of rest and no strenuous physical activity, you could make it worse.” Wild Nex got to her feet wearily and shuffled to the door.

IC: Tian “Sweet Cake” Huo
    Tian’s Apartment, O’pahz, Carratos

Tian’s eyes slowly opened as the light from O’Pahz filtered through her window. She stirred a bit, then went to stretch. As her arms were extended above her head, her right side pained her. A short scream escaped her mouth. What had she done last night also, why was she back home? Confusion and fear griped her mind, what was going on? Her comlink started buzzing from inside her gym bag. She scrambled out of bed trying to avoid causing herself more pain. Her hands nervously opened the bag and fished around for the communication device.

“Hello?” she started attempting to keep her confusion out of her voice,

“Where the Force are you right now?” It was Kala’s voice and he seemed agitated.

“Um…” her side sent more pain through her body, was she in any shape to travel? “Uhh… It’s my aunt she needed me back home urgently.”

“And you couldn’t tell any of us?”

“It was an emergency, last minute sort of thing,” she paused to hiss at her right side as she stood up. “Crisis averted I’m on the first shuttle to Hapes, promise.”

“You’d better be, Manx-Sandin looks furious.”

“Alright, bye.” She turned off the comlink then walked into the fresher. With the light on she turned to the right side and lifted up her shirt. Underneath she saw a large purple and blue bruise covering most of the right side of her ribs. She shook her head and took more NSAIDs and gathered her things together. She had a lot of explaining to do.

After a lot of explaining and apologies Tian was allowed to practice and she got to go out and enjoy the carnival the Hapans were putting on in honor of the Marauder Melee. Now it was the night before the game and Leigh had invited the rookies and some of the forwards to join her for a game night. Something to build some bonds between the team. Tian was surprised to get an invite, she was there with Leigh, Else, Seiji as usual, Lucy and Ame'shepa'sabosen and then her making six.

She sat around a table a terrible Sabacc hand staring at her, defiantly folding this hand. She gave a glace to Ame'shepa'sabosen, he refused to use a core name and demanded that everyone use his full Chiss name. While this got on a lot of people’s nerves it wasn’t enough to make them hate him, it was just a quirk.

“Lucy,” Leigh started nodding towards the black hair midfielder, “you’re killing it at practice, you ready for your first big game?”

“Yeah,” Lucy responded smiling, “Can’t wait to play, especially this team.”

“Have a history with them?” the half forward continued, casually raising the pot.

“Not really there’s just this one player.” Lucy folded, it was now just Leigh and Ame’shepa’sabosen.

“Hrmmm…” he grumbled, “I hear we have a real killer on this team.”

“We’re all pretty good,” Else replied leaning back in her chair, “but, yeah we’ve been lighting it up out there.” She gave a smile to Leigh.

“I wasn’t talking figuratively,” his eyes bored into Else, and all at once all the veterans knew what he was talking about. Else looked at the floor while Leigh and Seiji glared at the rookie, an anger in their eyes.

“Get out,” Seiji said through gritted teeth.

“What, I think it’s interesting.” Ame’shepa’sabosen replied confused as to the strong response.

“If you knew what you were talking about,” Leigh cut in, her eyes full of anger. “You wouldn’t find it so interesting. Now get out.”

“I don’t see what the problem is from what I hear it was years ago, and in self-defense.”

“Amy,” Leigh responded using the shortening of the Chiss’s name that the team agreed to never use around him. “You are on thin ice here, I suggest you get out before you fall in.”

Else remained silent staring at the floor, or more accurately her hands, the hands that took her father’s life. Lucy and Tian just looked at each other worried about what was going to happen next. The tension rose as no one seemed like budging.

The defender rose, “It’s Ame’…shepa’…sabosen. Get it right next time,” he moved towards the door, “If there is a next time.” He said under his breath as he left.

A few more tense moments past before Leigh smiled at Lucy and Tian, “Sorry about that, I hope we didn’t scare you.” There was another long silence, “It’s just, he hurt our friend, we take that seriously here, friends are as good as family to us Carratosians.” She smiled again, “Shall we continue.” Else nodded her head weakly and Lucy and Tian followed suit. Other than that one incident the rest of the night went smoothly with Leigh cleaning up at Sabacc then moving on to other games. All Tian to think about is how strong the bonds must be between Leigh, Else and, Seiji.

Tian’s side still hurt and Logan still glared at her. She’d missed a day of practice and was sluggish for the rest of the week. He had made it very clear that if he had any other choice she wouldn’t be playing. Honestly Tian didn’t feel like playing, her head hurt, her bones ached, her muscles were sore, every inch of skin was in pain. At least she didn’t feel tired anymore, she finally got enough sleep. She gave a glace over to Lucy van Pelt, the rookie suddenly thrust into the starting lineup. The young non-Carratosian wasn’t without skills she was the top ranked midfielder in the draft.

Many still questioned even drafting her, everyone knew they needed at least one forward to replace Logan. But was there any replacing a player like Logan, especially with a rookie? Such questions were for another time, she was playing this game and so was Tian best to just keep moving. Leigh gave one last nod to the forwards and they started lining up behind Poine. This was it the Marauder Melee the rivalry game for the Pirates, a chance to reclaim the True Marauder Flag. Though many didn’t want it back, they believe that’s what killed the golden 279 season. Right after winning Carratos went on a losing streak that sunk their 280 season.

Tian passed that all off as superstition nothing to be worried about. As they walked on the field in their single file line one worry weighed on the Pantoran’s mind: Why did it hurt to breathe? Every breath she took her right side would hurt. She could power thought it for now but if she took a hit to that side, things could get worse. She tried her best to put the pain aside as she lined up across from Lovenforth. Not an easy thing, but it was what had to be done. At least she didn’t feel tired anymore.

The ref gave the start and Opechan failed to get the first possession leaving the defense to take the first attack. The first attack was quashed quickly by the half backs and the play turned the other way. Tian pumped her legs to keep ahead of the play, side still burning. The crowd went up in a roar when Lucy van Pelt made a fast move around the other midfielder and passed to Leigh. Unfortunately she wasn’t able to get past Dekula having to pass to Else. With the defense clamping down Else went for the bar point and made it. It was a small lead but, at least it was a start.

The next offensive rush came and was again stopped cold by the half backs. Mikia brought Fre'lon to the ground and forcing a turnover to Kala. The bulky Kerestian broke through several attempts to stop him before passing to Lucy again. The rookie was putting in a good showing for herself this game, she was fast and tricky, deserving of her place as a top ranked midfielder. A fake bar point try that led into a pass to Else set off an offensive attack. The red haired half forward didn’t have much time to survey the field before Abreggado was all over her. She made a long cross pass to Nara who came flying in from the left side. The Weequay turned to receive the pass and quickly fired it into the back of the net.

The lead was growing now, hopefully the defense held up on its end. Tian’s side began to feel a little better as her body adjusted to the pain and filled with adrenaline. She had contributed much but it was only the start of the game. There would be plenty of time for her to get her licks in, if the pain kept manageable. She knew Manx…or was it Manx-Sandin, was on the edge of pulling her and finding someone else to take her place. She had to prove she could play here, she’d spent too much time on the bench she wasn’t going to let this chance slip away.

The game was going to be hard fought if the action in the Pirates’ zone was any indication. The C-Bucs were hitting hard giving no quarter. The defense made some mistakes, some bad passes but. They were able to recover and push the attack off turning the play the other way. In the midfield Masters and Lucy did a masterful give and go to break though and pass to Seiji. The play of the two midfielders seemed, while not perfectly in sync like the twins, better than one would expect for two players that just started playing together. They had the makings of a good backup team and maybe more.

Seiji now with possession faked a pass to Else and broke though Rickmond. Nara stopped short and back pedaled to get some distance between her and Doss the pass came but was broken up by Tyrnith tearing away from Opechan. Her pass out to Abreggado was knocked down by Else’s quick hands. With the full forward open Opechan rushed forward popped the ball into his hands. A hard overhand throw from him was easily stopped by Gatras. Again Tian didn’t feel very used but, Leigh hadn’t seen much of the ball either, maybe the right side was just locked down by the C-Bucs defense.

As the first half wound to a close Tian still hadn’t even touched the ball. It angered her a little but, the defenses on both sides were clamping down hard not letting much though. As she sat down the pain returned to her side. It was now a constant dull ache that rose to the level of shooting pain when she stood up or sat down. Part of her knew she should see the medical staff about it, but still her fear of being pulled from the game over took her. This felt like her only chance to be a part of this team and not just a backup.

Leigh was again going around congratulating the forwards on a well-played game. Tian noticed a hard glare over to Ame'shepa'sabosen, the game night incident was still fresh in her mind obviously. The young Pantoran made a note, never hurt Else or Seiji when Leigh is around. It seemed she was very protective of her adopted family. Leigh returned to her seat next to Else and she leaned over putting an arm around her friend’s shoulders. It was apparent that all three of them had a bond deeper than anyone else on the team. Tian was a little jealous, she wished she had someone, anyone that would come to her defense as quickly as Leigh and Seiji.

She gave another look over to Kala, the one person she considered a friend. She tried her best to be friendly with everyone but, only he felt like a true friend someone she could tell anything. Now he was keeping his distance.

The Pirates returned to the field, some looking up at the scoreboard. The defense had kept the C-Bucs from scoring a single point for thirty minutes. Tian knew some of them had eyes on a shutout. It would be a first for the Pirates, to the best of her knowledge Tian couldn’t think of a single time the Pirates got a shutdown either, so in her mind whatever the outcome it would be a first for the team. With that though of making team history in their minds the defense made a commitment to play just as tough, let nothing though.

This resolve was tested right out of the gate as Opechan failed to take possession. Tendra Nalo led the charge for the C-Bucs gunning for a goal. She passed back to Lin to get around Bestide. Now it put the star face to face with Bel. The imposing Muun kept close giving her no room to breathe. The other backs made the same choice sticking to their marks like glue not wanting to give up any of their lead. The plan works, forcing the half forwards to try and score a bar point. An attempt was knocked down preserving the shutout.

After collecting the loose ball Poine made a forward pass to Masters who carried the ball thought the middle. Another pass to Else and Leigh broke from Dekula crashing the net. Tian tried to do her job by drawing Gundor to the sideline but the corner back was having none of it. With Tian open Else made a long pass to the Pantoran. Gundor changed direction heading back towards her mark. Tian made the catch and attempted to spin away from the incoming defender. It was too late, the Nautolan crashed into Tian’s right side. Pain shot though her, the breath was knocked out of her as she hit the ground.

Leigh managed to pick up the loose ball and made a run at the net. She faked a bar point and shot low, the ball rolling right under the goalie. With seven points for and none against the Pirates could feel the win but, they couldn’t feel too comfortable, not yet. For Tian she couldn’t get up, the pain made all her muscles tense. Leigh looked over her as the C-Bucs reset. A few painful breaths later Tian got to her feet. She was going to finish this game. Leigh gave one last worried look to her fellow forward. Tian just gritted her teeth through the pain and nodded her head.

As the C-Bucs began to return down the field the forwards did what they could to slow them down. They succeeded in only harrying them for a bit before Dekula passed to Brown. The reserve half forward had come in for few minutes to give the other half forwards a rest, and every time his cleats hit the tuff, Lucy was on him. Tian had no idea why but, she seemed to have it out for the other rookie. Brown went to clear but as he went to kick Lucy, like a flash or lightning snatched the ball away. Brown’s foot swung though air. Apparently he lost his footing causing him to, come completely off his feet and fall flat on his back.

The crowd was a mixture of laughter and horror, as the holoscreens replayed the moment over and over again. It was five or six times before they stopped playing it and Brown left the field, head hung a little low. After that the C-Bucs came on strong rushing into the offensive zone. The ‘Great Wall’ stood tall on the back line holding up the forwards. Lin found some space in the center and made a hard shot at the net. There was nothing Qazi could do, he couldn’t stop a point from happening so he took the lesser, and punched it up wards, robbing the C-Bucs of their goal but, also ending the shutout hopes.

The rest of the game moved on with Nara and Leigh each scoring another goal and Opechan putting in one off a rebound. With the clock reading zeros the Pirates had finally reclaimed the True Marauder Flag. After the handshakes the team posed with it Tian holding her side, grimacing in pain. All the movement had made the pain worse, and that hit had done nothing to help either, now that she was coming down from playing. She got changed slowly painfully, everything she’d put off had caught up with her and were making their presence known. All she wanted now was some painkillers and rest.

TAG: jcgoble3

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

After a classic moment like van Pelt vs. Brown (and we all knew how that was going to end), there's nothing left to be said but it's time for week 4 scores! Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

282 Week 4 Results
    Chandrila Patriots at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (12-21)
    Carratos Pirates at Ralltiir Starkillers (11-24)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (10-4)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Denon Demons (25-29)
    Kashyyyk Rangers at Bakura Miners (5-27)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Coruscant Senators (20-0)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus potential for Tatooine (32), Atzerri (30), Druckenwell (28) Concordia (28) andThyferra (32)

LFL Week 3 Results
    Gallinore Firedrakes @ Byblos Redwings (9-16)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Atzerri Bandits (28-8)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Concordia Crusaders (28-9)
    Thyferra Force @ Kamino Waves (29-8)

Tags: jcgoble3 CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 Vehn Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny

Vehn likes this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Richard Vigo has agreed to defend Kaat Stun.
    • No member of the Vigo family has commented on this development.
    TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Elite League Limmie announces the selection of Nar Shaddaa and Six Boroughs Stadium as the site for the 282 Galactic Cup Final
    • ELL releases excerpt from Nar Shaddaa's bid to host the Final: "Nar Shaddaa should be the logical choice to host the Galactic Cup Final. A newer stadium, a moon on the rise, and plenty of entertainment for fans and friends alike. Come visit the Smuggler's Moon today: where the sun never rises and the night never dies."
    TAG: Vehn (who actually submitted that bid last season :p)

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Rowdy Roosey
    Kamino

Kamino was a wet place, and Rowdy didn’t like it at all. Luckily, the game was played indoors, so the famous Kamino downpours were fortunately left outside. Inside, the Waves got tidal-waved by a suddenly-resurgent Force offense. Long-maligned, they came out with trademark force today, putting up 29 points on the newly-returned Waves.

The offense had three solid players leading the charge. Former third-round draft pick Callie Polarez, all but forgotten after a short and less-than-stellar ELL stint, put up two goals to get herself back in the conversation. Laris Lanning, the third-round pick this offseason, did a solid job. And Jenica Lopaki, brought over from Eriadu at the request of Mirik Chal, had put in four points on the day. On the overall, everyone had a nice day.

Except for Rowdy. She had an excellent day.

In a season-high fifteen minutes of playing time, some of it garbage time, she had put up a goal and an assist, along with an interception of a Kamino defender and had picked up three loose balls. Lastly, she had thrown an exceptional block that had opened up Polarez for one of her goals. She had literally pushed the defender down to the turf like an overmatched fighter, bowling them over before they could react. It was a bull-rush mentality that, when coupled with her strength, made things easy. The defender didn’t know what had hit them, literally.

After the game, Rowdy was once again called to Keli Sen’s office. Sen had a few things to tell the forward. “With the Senators struggling to score, and dealing with an injury or two, we might lose a forward or two. That means you could end up starting someday. So I want you to get a few reps in practice this week with the ones.”

“Me, start?” Rowdy asked.

“You’ve taken advantage of the opportunity you’ve been given. But I have to warn you, starting is a whole different animal than coming off the bench. You will need a different mindset to start in this league, because the increased minutes will wear you down more. Taking a few reps in practice is a good start, but if you want to make it to the Elite League, you will need to start at some point here. And that means working your ass off to make it happen.”

“Does this mean I won’t play defense anymore?”

“Frankly, I think we could find a use for you on defense as well. Doesn’t hurt your potential any to have some defensive experience, now does it?”

By the next day, as Sen had predicted, the Senators had called up Polarez to replace the hobbling Zuzu Nuun. The corner forward had tweaked something against Bakura but had played through the issue before really aggravating it during the week in practice. She had tried to play against Stewjon, but it just wasn’t going to happen. She would be out for a week or two, which potentially gave Rowdy a chance. Polarez had played corner forward with the Force, so it was possible Rowdy would get that job. But she would still have to earn it, since Sen didn’t say who would get the start the next week. That, she said, would be determined in practice this week.

Hence the incentive for Rowdy to get her hands dirty and make plays in practice. She had a prerogative now, and she had to capitalize on it.

TAG: No One

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a cold, cold, cold, Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Big show, big show, hope we don't blow it..."

"What like the Mercs did yesterday?"

"Yeah...kind of what I was getting at."

"That was, I really thought we had them beat..."

"The Demons had given up nine, NINE!, total points all season long and we hung a 25 spot on them."

"Jaing was on fire early, and Fu Arock was unstoppable..."

"Yeah, sadly our defense couldn't stop anyone in those last few minutes either."

"Turnovers in the last five minutes didn't help. I mean c'mon Irvin, that one pass."

"The attempted lob to Jaing?"

"Yeah that one, that was just...I dunno what he was thinking there."

"And then the Demons go back and score off that turnover to take their first lead in the game!"

"No, not the first, they were up 2-0 early in the game."

"Oh that's right, then Fu Arock scored that three pointer..."

"That was a beautiful assist from Jaing on that shot."

"Which gave us the lead and we held onto it, and the game, until the defense collapsed in the final 10 minutes or so."

"Hey, give the Demons credit, they were never fully out of it..."

"They were down by seven at halftime!"

"...and they managed to stay within striking distance until they could chip away at the lead late in the second half."

"Yeah, it kind of really got away for them at the end. I think the Mercs kind of saw it slipping away and panicked."

"Not something you usually see with a Mercs team."

"No it's not, but the Demons, they were really imposing their will out there late. I think it surprised the Mercs players out there."

"Yeah, that's a part of it..."

"You think it's something else?"

"Well, I know it's a young season, but I have already noticed a disturbing trend."

"mmm hmmm."

"K-Man knows what I'm talking about."

"You know I do."

"What? What is it?"

"Look at our home and road splits right now."

"OK. What am I looking for?"

"The Mercs defense has given up a total of five..."

"Five!"

"...points at home, our only two wins."

"That's pretty damn amazing. I mean really, really good."

"Yeah it is..."

"One of those was that mud game though..."

"True, and that affected us on offense too in that game, but we'll get to our offensive splits in a second."

"OK."

"Now, again. Opposing teams have scored a total, a total, of five points against the Mercs when we play at home."

"Yeah."

"Wanna know how many we give up on the road?"

"Your're going to tell me anyway no matter what I say, but sure."

"55."

"55!"

"55?"

"Yup. Through two games the Mercs defense has allowed 55 points on the road and just 5 points at home!"

"That's a...uhhhhh...quite a dramatic difference. Now..."

"What about the offense?"

"...yeah."

"Tell him K-Man!"

"The offense has scored 42 points through those two home wins, and 39 points in our two road games, our losses."

"Well that's..."

"Right, not much difference there."

"So what is the problem on the defense?"

"Youth, inexperience. The Mercs are starting three rookie defenders right now, two of those at the half back spots. They are playing well, especially Kol, who plays more like a veteran, but all three seem to really wear down as the game goes on. Look we were in that Senator's game..."

"Didn't feel like it."

"...up until the end. In this game, we were ahead but the defense kind of blew it down the stretch and the Demons took advantage."

"So how do they fix that going forward?"

"Kor'le could try subbing in her reserves late in games, but let's face it, they are reserves for a reason."

"Ciegarth was a starter last season though, he could at least spell Riian late in the game."

"Could work, he seems to be more of an issue than Kol, though she isn't blameless here either."

"The Mercs also need to fill that hole in their defense that is Right Cornerback. Mynus is playing horrible at the end of games, and throwing Gasnar or Smalls in the mix isn't likely to help matters."

"OK, so is there a chance the young defenders get better?"

"Oh sure, and they probably will. Look there is a steep, steep learning curve for most players when they jump from college ball to the ELL. shab, there is a curve between college and the PLL or LFL. Some players, like Kol, handle it better than others. But even she has had to adjust to the size and speed of these players."

"Well, they better learn fast because it doesn't get any easier next week Justin."

"No it doesn't, Mercs will be facing a tough Mets team..."

"Never thought I would see the day..."

"Brenin on the morning show calls them the Amazin's now."

"Oh by the manda, he does?"

"That guy's a clown, I know I not supposed to talk about other guys on our own network like that but it's true."

"...on the road, so it's going to be a tough go for the Mercs, especially given their home/road splits so far this season."

"Going to be thee first in conference match for both of these teams too, so it will take on even greater importance."

"Last season we were horrible, just horrible, in conference."

"Yup, Mercs went 1-4 in conference last season, change just another win or two there and the Mercs would have had a very different season."

"Well, there ya have it folks. I can see our comm lines are jammed with calls already, but we have to go to break. We'll be back in a few so stick right with us and we'll be taking your calls, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: No one, still playing NPC teams. shabla NPC teams... :p

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Corran Ostaren
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

“For the first time since beginning my assignment, I was coming to Bakura. The Miners were finally playing at Bakura Gardens. To get ready for my first time at this great limmie stadium, I decided to go straight to the source.”

“Tell me about how how awesome Bakura Gardens is,” Corran said, sitting down across from Elite League Limmie Deputy Commissioner Esther Gondorf.

“Well...it’s the second smallest stadium in the League,” Gondorf said. “It’s also one of the oldest stadiums in the League. It hasn’t been renovated in nearly 40 years.”

“That just makes it retro. All the cool kids like retro stuff,” Corran said. “I really connect with the younglings out there. I’m hip. For realz.”

Gondorf squinted at Corran. “Oooooookay…”

“So, when is Bakura Gardens hosting their next Galactic Cup Final? This year?

“We actually just awarded that to Nar Shaddaa.”

“Okay, next year then.”

“They’re currently not scheduled to host one.”

“That must be because they just hosted it last year.”

“No, that was Rydonni Prime,” Gondorf said.

“Year before that then.”

“Ralltiir.”

“Year before that?”

“Ylesia.”

“So when was the last time that Bakura hosted the Galactic Cup Final?” Corran asked.

Gondorf thought. “I actually can’t remember.”

“Could you hold on for just a second? Be right back, as the kids say,” Corran said, standing up and walking out of the shot.

The next shot was of Corran flipping through holobooks in a library. “After checking the official Elite League records, I found that Bakura Gardens hadn’t hosted the Galactic Cup Final since 265. In fact, ever since the Miners played an all-road schedule so extensive upgrades and retrofits to the stadium could be made, the Gardens have hosted the Final just twice: 253 and 265.”

Suddenly a Jedi tapped Corran on the shoulder. The reporter-comedian looked up from the holobooks. “Excuse me sir, but these are the archives of the Jedi Enclave on Bakura. I don’t think these are the holobooks you’re looking for.”

“These aren’t the holobooks I’m looking for…” Corran mumbled before walking out of the field of the camera.

The Jedi tilted her head, not entirely sure what just happened, and then bent down and examined the holobooks. She sighed. “Jado Nalo must have been in here again.”

Corran walked back into the shot with Esther and sat down. “Okay, so Bakura Gardens hasn’t hosted a Galactic Cup Final in almost 20 years. What gives?”

“The Final Site Selection Committee considers a number of different factors when deciding what planet should host the Final, ELL Season Awards, and all the other festivities that go into Galactic Cup Final Week,” Gondorf said.

“And we wouldn’t possibly want to have that on a world of 80 million that still supports a power conference made up of 10 limmie institutions, one of the lowest ratios of college limmie teams to populace in the galaxy,” Corran said.

“The League is more concerned about the financial viability of the Final in a stadium this small,” Gondorf said.

“So let’s recap: Bakura Gardens is a small, old dump of a stadium that hasn’t fit to host the Galactic Cup Final 20 years after it was rennovated because it doesn’t have enough seats in it to make the ELL literal tons of credits.”

“I don’t think I’d put it like that,” Gondorf said.

“We all know that’s what beings say when they would put it like that. You know what? No. I’m going to fix this. I’m Corran Ostaren. I’m on a basic-Holonet show that’s beamed throughout the galaxy. I’m going straight to the top!” Corran said, standing up and walking out of the shot.

The next shot was of him sitting down across from Miners Chairwoman Regan Eldred. “So, I just found out that the ELL hasn’t awarded Bakura a Galactic Cup Final in nearly 20 years because Bakura Gardens is pretty much one step up from a cardboard box. You and me--we’re going to fix this! Together!”

“Actually, the Miners don’t own Bakura Gardens. We have no authority to perform any kind of upgrades,” Eldred explained.

“Well, that’s because it must be in one of those fancy-schmancy holding companies that your Aristocratic House has.”

“It’s actually the Noble House and, no, we do not own Bakura Gardens.”

“Who does?!” Corran moaned.

The scene then cut to an elderly human being sitting in what was a nicely furnished office. “We own Bakura Gardens.”

“And you are?” Corran asked.

“The Governor of the City and County of Salis D’aar,” the being said. “The County of Salis D’aar owns Bakura Gardens.”

“So what you’re saying is that the citizens of Salis D’aar who supposedly love the Miners are too stingy to pay for a new stadium so they can host a Galactic Cup Final?” Corran asked.

“I wouldn’t say stingy--”

“You just did.”

“I was saying that I wouldn’t say stingy--”

“You just said it again.” The Governor glared at Corran. Corran put his hands up. “Your words, not mine, Governor.”

“What I’m trying to say is that we’ve looked at this issue a lot as a county. If we were to build the kind of stadium that the ELL says they want, there’d be massive public debt to pay for it. Currently, Bakura Gardens gets used for five or six Miner games a year, five or six UB Salis D’aar games a year, and maybe once every four years we get the Carnation Bowl. That’s a best-case scenario of 13 games a season--14 for the random year we get the Final. We could do a huge bond issue, resulting in hundreds of millions, if not over a billion, of debt that would take the county decades to pay off,” the Governor explained. “And even if we did get an ELL Final, when you take into account everything that we’d have to pay for to host the event--overtime for police officers, readying public spaces for events, concessions to the League for the privilege of hosting the event--you really should lop a zero off the end of whatever number the ELL tells you is going to come in by way of revenue.”

“But think of the how much attention it brings to your city! It attracts businesses!” Corran pleaded.

“We’d prefer to have the quality of our workforce attract business, not the glitz of a temporary event,” the Governor said.

“Clearly Bakurans hate limmie. Why they even had a professional team was beyond me at this point,” Corran’s voice said over footage of him with his head down, frowning, as he kicked a can across one of the plaza’s leading to Bakura Gardens. “After seeing the grandeur of Mesh’la Vhetin, the fresh enthusiasm of Kenobi Field, and the cosmopolitan splendor of Senators Stadium, I settled in for a long haul of an awful game in this trashcan of a stadium.”

“Look. Plants,” Corran said, pointing out the foliage surrounding the exterior concourses of Bakura Gardens in monotone voice. “Congratulations Bakura, you know how to grow things. Guess you’ll use anything to cover up this ugly stadium.”

“Hey. Beer. No wonder Bakurans drink so much if they have to watch limmie in this trash compactor of an arena,” Corran said as he passed a beverage stand.

“Ugh, look at these seats. They’re not even padded and don’t have heated cup holders like any self-respecting stadium would,” Corran griped as he came to a seat in the stands.

“Why would you want a heated cup holder? The beer would get warm and that’s awful,” a Miner fan said.

“Yeah, maybe that’s how they drink it on Kashyyyk, but we know how to properly consume a beverage,” another fan said.

“For the love of the Force,” Corran said, sitting down with his head in his hands. “They know nothing about what’s important in a limmie game.”

“Hey, my family’s had these seats since Dana Roslynn was playing here. My grandfather got these seats and he passed them to my Dad and now he and I share them. Going to these games is part of our family tradition. I’m here today with my daughter. It means a lot to us to be able to come to a game like this,” the first Miner fan said.

“But don’t you want to have a fancy stadium that can seat sixteen million beings and have a vidscreen the size of a Polis Massa medium sized asteroid?” Corran asked.

“What, and be stuck up in the nosebleeds watching players smaller than amoeba play?” the fan replied. “I know how these fancy stadiums go? They jack up the prices, start selling tickets to corporations, and the regular fan can’t afford to go anymore. You know, I heard that since they built their new stadium on Denon that you have to pay just to have the privilege of buying season tickets?”

“Wait. You have to give them money so you can buy something?!” Corran exclaimed.

“Yeah! They call it seat licensing or some nonsense like that. I mean, I do okay for myself, but I couldn’t afford that,” the second Miner fan said, chiming in. “You start doing things like that, well, then you’ve got to start making choices about whether you’re going to go to a game, pay 20 credits for a hot dog, or if you’re going to go on vacation with your family. I mean, I love the Miners but I can’t justify paying hundreds of credits for my family of four to come to a game.”

“So what if we don’t have some fancy stadium like Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa or Mandalore--”

“It’s Mando’ade,” Corran interjected.

“No, the planet is Mandalore. The beings are Mando’ade.”

“Ooooooh, burn!” the first fan’s daughter said.

“Hey! That’s not very nice!” Corran said.

“Well you’re the one who doesn’t like our stadium,” the young girl said.

“I just want you to have a Galactic Cup Final here. Don’t you want that?” Corran asked her.

“I want the Miners to win the Galactic Cup. I don’t care where they do it.”

“That’s my girl,” her dad said, giving her a hug with one arm.

“Well I don’t care about...about...darn, I can’t say anything mean because you’re a girl and then people will start throwing things at me,” Corran said. “This is the most annoying stadium in the galaxy!”

“It was with companions like these who had been cursed to watch limmie for generations in Bakura Gardens that I settled in for what was bound to be another boring defensive game. After all, if I knew the Miners--and I knew the Miners--they were a defense first team.”

“Holy fra--” Corran stopped himself realizing he was in the presence of kids. “--it only took them like ten seconds to score! They scored a goal!!! They scored! Hey! That was Niskat! I totally know her!” He bent down to poke the fan’s daughter in the arm. “Hey! I know her! We’re like best friends! Seriously. You should like me because I know her.”

“As the Miners piled on the points the Rangers and kept the bolo-ball out of the back of the net, I soon began to discover the charms of Bakura Gardens were not in its architecture but in the fans who filled its stands.”

“Up in the city in the clouds she first did come to bat
    Our very own carnationed Helmsman nom at that
    And she's our daring Golden Bear who'll knock the others flat
    For now we've got a hero in the girl they call Niskat!” Corran sung with his section mates.

“Hey this singing thing is fun!” Corran said to his neighbor.

“Just wait until we get into Molly Malone!”

In the next shot with a lower third banner that read “Miners 17, Rangers 3,” the fans were singing:

“In fair Salis city
    Where the girls are so pretty
    I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone
    As she wheeled her wheelbarrow
    Through streets broad and narrow
    Calling ‘Cockles and mussels, alive alive-oh!’

“Alive alive oh!
    Alive alive oh!
    Crying ‘Cockles and mussels
    Alive alive oh!’”

Corran snickered. “You all just said cockles.”

The next scene was of Corran at the end of the game as the fans around him exploded with the expiration of time. “Shutdown! Shutdown!” Corran yelled wildly, jumping up and down. “This is the greatest thing ever! I love this stadium!”

“Next week,” Corran’s voice said over footage of him celebrating with the other Miner fans, “The first place Demons come to town.”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Vehn

Runjedirun, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Andromeda Steel and Droid. Corp. announces that they have found a "very interested" buyer for Coruscant Senators Limmie club.
    • Andromeda interim CEO: "We are very excited to see that a buyer has come forward. Once we get the formalities done, hopefully both sides will be pleased with the result."
    • Rumors bring tension to Andromeda factory floors, where workers are unsure of how Senator sale will affect their employment.
    • Anonymous Worker: "If the Senators are sold, what else might be next? Our jobs?"
    • Andromeda CEO, regarding worker concerns: "The workers must not worry. Their jobs will be safe."
    • Rumors fly that Andromeda is trying to clean house and cut costs, but company has not confirmed.
    • Andromeda stock has dropped in value after news of possible sale of Senator franchise.
    • Rumors fly that investors and stockholders are becoming disgruntled with company.
    TAG: Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun, Vehn and Jedi Gunny like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Financial Square Arena

I had strict instructions to warm the bench and only warm the bench until Coach believed it was appropriate for me to take my spot on the field. When Cliff dove for and stopped the Pirates from scoring on their opening drive, I could only use my lungs to show my appreciation for his efforts. I continued hollering after Cliff punted the ball up field to Se’o. Se’o did a nice job dribbling around a few Pirate defenders and handing the ball off to Yolanda. Of course he had help from our Wookiee forwards that held back any Pirate defenders who tried to get near him.

Once Yolanda got the ball she gave it a solid kick up between the bars to give us a point. The Pirates had been expecting her to shoot for 3. Their defenders had lined up to protect the goal. No one had attempted to block a shot between the bars. I remained seated only because Coach had been clear that I had to before the game started.

The 16 minutes that passed before Coach substituted me in went quickly. The score is 7-3 in our favor, after Yolanda’s opening point both Sureysh and Bat Vigo had gotten a goal each. “Shyall looks like she could use a rest,” Coach said kneeling down beside me looking out towards the ball where it was in play on the field. “I’m going to have you tap Noah out to her corner and put you in at full. I’m going to keep Hamm in at least a few more minutes, but expect Jeffers to come in shortly. You know what to do Allin. Keep this lead. It’s the first one we’ve had in two weeks!”

“I won’t let you down,” I say as I finally stand up and get myself ready to go into the game. Coach catches Hovechar’s eye and she kicks it out of bounds on purpose as she dribbles by our sideline so we don’t have to use a time out. This gives the Pirates possession of the ball, but I am able to easily lead our defense in executing the turnover. We do our job well. Going in to the half our lead as increased to 11 - 5. Yolanda was able to score a goal and Vigo got a bar point just as the half was ending. On defense we’ve had some tough tackles. I can feel a bump forming on my left shin and see a colorful bruise all around the area. The pain isn’t bad and well worth it. The smiles that were missing from my teammates faces last week have returned.

Coach Jul and her two year old daughter Trazi give us an inspiring speech at halftime. “Who’s your favorite team?” Jul asks.

“Starkillers!” Trazi answers.

“Who do you want to win?” Jul asks.

“Starkillers!”

Then Jul turns towards us, “Are you going to let her down?” She asks.

“NO,” we yell emphatically.

I’m reminded of my own baby who’s due in 4 weeks. I’m hoping we have a girl and I’m hoping she comes when I’m home. The timing isn’t good this season. I could likely be on Bakura, Mandalore, or traveling in between when my 3rdchild is born. With some effort I put the thought aside and concentrate on the task at hand. Winning this game against the Pirates today. I play the entire second half. Every time my shin makes contact with another player or the ball there is a sharp pain. It gets more difficult to stand on the leg as the clock winds down. My acting skills were perfected by the time I was a young teen. No one sees that I am in pain.

Vigo seems to have found his rhythm again. My brother in law scores 2 more goals and 2 more bar points making his total 12 for the afternoon. Sureysh scores another goal as well and Lofykam and Yolanda get us a bar point a piece giving us 24 points for the day. The Pirates only sneak 11 points by us. The win feels awesome. I decide to give the game ball to Cliff Tuff, our young keeper. He can’t believe it. “You deserve it!” I say giving him a pat on the back.

The trainer gives me a stab with one of her nasty needles to help with the swelling in my shin. The area is so sore that I have to dig into the bench while she pokes me to keep from screaming. After that’s over I watch Kara and both my Coaches take questions from the press. Being demoted has perks. I’m not asked to take questions. I have my family in the speeder before sunset and we sit down to dinner only about an hour later than any normal family.

For the second night in a row Lucie turns down my advances. I figured she was upset with me last night for holding on to the news about my troubles at work. Tonight was supposed to be easy though, we were gonna celebrate my win. I should have remembered that with Lucie nothing’s easy.

IC: Lucie Vigo

I get up early and sneak out of the house. I want to be alone, as alone as one can be when you’re carrying another human. I walk in the park, it’s chilly at first, but the sky is a beautiful bright pink. I can’t remember such a gorgeous morning, ever. It helps to calm me a little. Not enough. I’m scared. So scared. How am I going to manage three kids while Ty is on road trips? Will I ever be a mother to these kids? I mean a real mother. Are they going to remember me? Or am I just some lady that dropped them off at school for 18 years.

I don’t want to go back to the house. I don’t want to face this day. I’m not particularly happy with Ty right now. He’s been interested in my body and nothing else all week. Then come to find out he isn’t taking his career seriously either. It’s not the kind of man I want to raise my son’s to be. Doesn’t he get that they look up to him? I can’t stay out here any longer. My bladder will likely burst so I head into the house.

I hear laughter upstairs, but sneak into the fresher before I say good morning. As I make my way upstairs I hear Ty say, “There you are. I was getting worried. It’s almost time to take T.J. to school and your mom has called twice.”

“Nice to see you too,” I say under my breath. “T.J. did you eat breakfast?” I ask in a much nicer tone as I look towards my eldest son. He’s got warm up pants on and one of his father’s jerseys. “You can’t wear that to school go put your uniform on, NOW.” I look at the chrono and let some panic seep into my voice.

“Daddy said I could wear his jersey,” T.J. argues.

I start to jog up the steps. My belly doesn’t even slow me down as I rush into T.J.’s room and grab his uniform. “School rules say you have to wear the uniform,” I say as I come running back into the living room.

“Here let me help,” Ty offers. I give him an evil glare and throw T.J.’s uniform on the floor angrily.

I stand up quickly and feel a terrible pain on the side of my belly. I grab the area and wince. I was so rude to Ty that he doesn’t even notice. I want to cry. Why am I being so mean to Ty? I’m the one who got up and left him here alone with the boys this morning. I grab Ezra and gently pull him away from the holo. “We’ll meet you in the car,” I say as gently as possible. I lead Ezra down the stairs and strap him in his seat. Together we wait for what seems like an eternity for Ty and T.J. to join us in the speeder. This morning Ty’s erratic piloting gets T.J. to school only a few minutes late. I hold on to my armrest and close my eyes to keep from getting sick.

Once T.J. is settled in class I make a suggestion. “Let’s take Ezra to the park near my mom’s house.”

“If you want to meet with your mom fine, but why not take Ezra to daycare?”

“I don’t know how many days Ezra has left as my baby. I want to spend some time with him.”

“That’s not fair T.J.’s stuck in school. Ezra should go to school too,” Ty argues.

“Ezra will be 2 late next week. When T.J. was 2 we spent plenty of time together,” I remind Ty.

Ty leans back in the speeder. “Whatever you say,” he says as he lifts off into traffic. It takes a while to get all the way to the west side of town. The park is quiet when we arrive because most beings have work. My mom and to my surprise Trey Till are waiting there for us. My sister, I can’t believe I have a 2 year old sister is standing on the jungle gym platform waving.

“Lucie,” she calls with a huge smile on her face.

I wave and walk over to give her a hug. “How’s my little sister?”

“Baby?” She asks pointing at my stomach.

“Yes, there’s a baby in my tummy.” I say. “You’re niece or nephew,” I explain.

“Watch me,” she suddenly says running to the sliding board. Louise goes down face first; the landing platform is made of soft rubber. She gets up after her not so graceful landing, “Tada!”
    She sees Ty and Ezra making their way out of the speeder. “Rah Rah!” Louise says excitedly.

We haven’t used the nickname in a while. Ezra responds to it by running towards his aunt. As I take a seat on a bench next to my mom Trey gets up to play with his daughter, Ty and Ezra. I don’t think of Trey as my step father, I still think of him as a friend of Ty’s. He certainly looks like a giant kid running up the sliding board chasing his daughter, pretending to be the “Tickle Wookiee”.

“Sorry it took us so long to get here,” I say to my mom. “Traffic was crazy and we were a few minutes late dropping off T.J. at school.”

“Don’t worry. I just wanted for you to hear this news in person,” my mom says. I unconsciously put my hand on my baby bump. “Richard has decided to defend Kaat Stun.”

“What?” I was expecting to hear someone died. A part of me is relieved; the rest of me is in shock.

“He says that she’s innocent. I told him if he believes that to find her a good council. He knows plenty of good lawyers. But your brother, he wants Kaat to know that someone in this family believes her,” she says sounding sarcastic at the end. “He’s getting back at me for not handing over the franchise, that’s what he’s doing,” my mom says.

“Ty is not going to like this,” I haven’t even processed what my mom just said. “Does the media know yet?”

“Richard was nice enough to call me before an announcement was made. He could have waited and told me in person. His family was coming in this week for the holiday anyway. I told him if he wanted to defend Ms. Stun he should find him and his family a hotel. He’s not welcome in my house.”

“And the team plays Hapes this week,” I remind my mom. “That’s Kaat’s home planet. Some holiday this is going to be. Ty has to travel and you’re fighting with Richard.”

“Wait a minute,” my mom says sounding testy. “You’re not taking Richard’s side, are you?”

“I don’t want to take a side. I’m under enough stress right now. I have a baby due and a husband who’s going to be travelling on and off for the next 2 months. I just want to spend a holiday with my family before things get crazy.”

“I’m not cancelling dinner,” my mom promises. “Everyone is still welcome at dinner. We just won’t talk about Limmie for a few hours. We can do that, right?”

“Maybe,” I shrug. I sit back on the bench and watch Ty, Trey, Louise and Ezra run around the playground. I’m not sure how long I drift off for, but I definitely fall asleep.

I’m getting nervous about travelling to Hapes next week. While I’m playing with Ezra at the park the day after our victory to the Pirates I notice Lucie is asleep on the bench where she is watching us. Despite my concerns I have a great time with my longtime best friend and our children as we chase them around a playground. Trey and I want to go get lunch together with the kids, but Lucie says she needs to get home. When we get in the speeder Lucie explains that Richard has signed on as Kaat’s lawyer.

“Kriff him,” I reply.

“Kriff,” says a voice in the back seat.

I smile. Ezra’s learned a new word. “Richard’s my brother.” Lucie says firmly.

I know Richard is Lucie’s brother. Does that mean I have to like him? “What do you want me to do?” I ask.

“I want you to have an open mind. I don’t think Richard would be defending Kaat if he didn’t believe her,” I don’t know what to say. Obviously I don’t think Kaat’s innocent. I saw the fur missing from Shyall’s back and torso. “Ty,” Lucie says interrupting my thoughts. “I don’t want to have dinner with my mom later this week.”

“What? Lucie I don’t want to miss out on the holiday because you and your mom are having a stupid fight.”

“It’s not stupid. We can order food in at our house.”

“Order in? On a holiday. What am I supposed to tell my mom? I don’t want her to spend the holiday alone.” Lucie is being awfully selfish all the sudden.

“You can cook if you want,” Lucie offers. “Your mom can come too, but just your mom. I need a break from my family.”

I take Lucie up on the offer. I drop her and Ezra off at home and make my way to the super market. I figure I can make a simple dinner for 5 people. I push my cart through the isles while reading recipes off the holo net and grab the ingredients I’ll need. The guy who checks me out wishes me good luck and I’m sure he is laughing inside. I’ll show him and my family. I can cook a holiday meal.

When I get to practice the next morning Coach starts telling me what he wants to see from me in order to get my captaincy back. I tell him I don’t want to be captain anymore this season. He’s shocked. I remind him I have a baby coming. I tell him things are stressful at home.

“You still want to be on the team?” He asks.

As a reply I give him the finger and run out on the field. We have 3 short days to practice. It’s only right for us to have Friday off with family since it’s a holiday and we have to leave early that evening to get to Hapes for our game. I motion for Shyall to join me as I run some laps around the field. I ask her if she heard about Richard Vigo becoming Kaat’s lawyer. Of course she’s heard. She asks me if she needs a lawyer. “Did you do anything to provoke Kaat?” I ask.

“She’s just so mean sometimes,” Shyall says quietly.

“Shen, you told me Kaat attacked you. It’s because of me that Kaat’s under house arrest; it’s why she’s suspended from the team. If you lied to me you can leave this facility right now.”

“You’re not in charge here. You’re not even a captain anymore,” she reminds me.

“Coach will listen to me,” I reply. I’m confident he will too. “You want to leave on your own accord or you want me to report this?”

After a short stare down Shyall bows her head, “It’s your loss.” She says. “Good luck on Hapes,” she snarls as she heads off the field. I run to Coach and tell him to have Jul listen too.

I finish up by telling them both that I don’t want to speak or hear about this situation again, ever. I just want to concentrate on Limmie. I have to leave my pregnant wife and my son’s early on a holiday to play a Limmie game and sithdammit I want to win that game. My coaches agree. The next three days we practice from dawn until late in the evening. I get home after the boys are asleep. Lucie waits up, I’m exhausted and somehow I still find the energy to share our bed.

Friday morning I want nothing more to sleep in, but I promised to make a meal. So I stumble down the steps and power up my data pad to the recipes I found. I turn up some music on the stereo system I never use and begin measuring ingredients. Lucie sits on the sofa and smiles brightly. “Who are you?” She asks. “And what have you done with my husband?”

My mom comes and takes the boys to the park for a while. Lucie and I set the table. When they get back it’s time to eat, some of the dishes taste too salty. There is a pool of butter under the vegetables and the bird might be a little dry. No one complains. T.J. helps my mom load the dishes into the dishwasher. Then we all pile into the speeder so I can be dropped off at the spaceport. Lucie gives me a long slow kiss in the speeder. She doesn’t get out so she won’t have to see her family.

After kissing my boys and my mother I head up the ramp and take a seat next to a window on the shuttle. My plan is simple. Land on Hapes, win a Limmie game and get back here to take care of my family. Minutes after take-off I’m sound asleep. Cooking a holiday meal is a lot of work.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3

Jedi Gunny, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bill Hitts

The game on Atzerri went just as Bill had planned it. Barefoot and Pitahaya were an unstoppable duo. The other notable change from the game on Concordia was that Padme had returned to form in goal. The trouble was the reason Padme may have returned to form. The entire trip she and Spencer Vigo were nearly inseparable. It wasn't any of Bill's business who his goalkeeper or who the team owner was involved with. Except that Bill had just recently helped that same team owner move in with another woman. A woman he had seemed awfully committed to at the time.

As the team was gathering their personal belongings after landing back on Tatooine Bill was finally able to speak with Spencer alone. "Vigo," he called getting the young man's attention. "Can we talk?"

Spencer must have known what Bill wanted to talk about. He didn't run away from the conversation, but he wasn't exactly eager to talk. "Make it quick," he said. "I have a lot of school work to catch up on."

"No problem, I'll make this real quick. I have one question. When are you going to tell Samantha about Padme?"

Spencer let out a long breath. "It's complicated. We just aren't getting along so well anymore and at the same time I don't want to hurt her."

"She'll be hurt more if she hear's you are cheating on her," Bill warns. "That girl deserves to know. It should come from you," Spencer just stands there absentmindedly stroking the strap to a bag holding his personal belongings. "If you want to go to Thyferra it's fine with me, just promise you won't be doing it to cheat on a upstanding young woman."

"Padme is likely to get called up soon anyway," Spencer tries.

"I wish," Bill replies. "Truth is that your mom and step father have been asking about Non and Ningo, Padme's name hasn't come up."

"Why not?" Spencer demands. "She's the most promising player on this team."

"Cliff is a friend of Ty Allin and not to mention your younger brother. The Starkillers don't need a keeper," Bill reminds Spencer.

"Favoritism," Spencer grumbles. "Problem is that it won my family a championship last season. I don't see it changing anytime soon. I'm going home." Spencer says. "I know I need to talk to Samantha, just give me some time."

Bill watches Spencer race off in his speeder. He underestimates the boy. The very next day Samantha moves out of the very house he just helped her move into. Padme seems to bring her level of play up yet another notch in practice. Bill can only hope it's the best for everyone. Spencer doesn't go to Thyferra, but he is at the spaceport to see the team off. The couple parts with a passionate kiss. Bill secretly slips an energy pill under his tongue as the shuttle takes off.

Tags: none

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Wait for it...

Just a little longer...

Almost there....

IC: Taungsday Morning Quarterback

"Hi to all the listeners out there and welcome back to another edition of Taungsday Morning Quarterback, brought to you by MandalMotors, the show where you get a little bit of outside the killbox thinking and analysis of professional limmie. I am, as always, your host Greeg Brenin and I want to tell you a little bit about my last experience buying a speeder. As you may know, I'm not like most of you oh rah Mandos out there, I espouse a shall we say...newer philosophy about how we should all lead our lives. A more peaceful way, devoid of violence and well...flamethrowers. Still when it was time for me to go find a new speeder I went with the armor clad boys and girls at MandalMotors. They've got speeders to suit anyone's needs, and tons of options from guided missile launchers to area denial weapon systems, signal trackers and jammers to straight up supercharged engines. They've got it all, and even a guy like me was able to find something in the color I liked. So if you ever have a need for something new to speed around town with, check out MandalMotors, they've got the speeder you need."

"All right, now I know the show is pretty new, and I love all the feedback I've been getting from everyone, but one of the most asked questions of me, except for my home address for some reason, is regarding the show's name. 'Just what is a shabla quarterback?' has been asked of me over and over again, and you know what? I am going to tell you, a quarterback is exactly one half of a halfback. Got it? Good. Now on with the show. Headed into week five, some early season narratives have been set, some fans, most fans, are completely over reacting to their team's good, bad or mediocre start and that's fine, that's what gets us all going as fans. But it's way too early for teams to be over reacting to their situations, good or bad, I mean look at the Bucketheads this time last season, and look where it got them. So I think now is a good time for teams, and fans, to just take take a step back. To pause and reflect on what each team should just be thankful for....

The Bakura Trieste's have so much to be thankful for, but really it can all be summed up in just one name, two syllables. Horst Penn. I mean this guy is the gift that just keeps on giving and can make any team, even one as boring and mundane as the Trieste's entertaining. I wish every team could have a guy like this, the ELL's ratings would be unmatched..."

That team from Nal Hutta's moon needs to be, not can be, needs to be, thankful for getting to play half their games away from that gods awful place they call home. I mean it. Have any of my listeners been to Nal Hutta's moon? I'm sure you have and I'm sure it wasn't by choice. That place is just awful. Heaven forbid the league ever puts a Galactic Cup Finals game there...

... but enough about Rydonni Prime, what about our Bucketheads? Oh our Bucketheads. They can be thankful that they have someone like #87, Fu Arock. I mean the guy is no Horst Penn, at least you can air most of what he says. But even if we can't air it all, Fu Arock is as entertaining off the field as he is amazing on it. Just don't ask him about the story of BBQ Nerf sliders and his evening with two twi'lek dancing girls...oh my... Yeah now, I'm thankful that I haven't had breakfast yet...

The Caratos Picaroons can be thankful that they won back the True Marauder Flag. I think that makes them the best team with a swashbuckling based nickname. Seriosuly why do half the teams in the Skywalker Conference have nicknames based on illegal activities, and what does it say about the fans?

The Hapes All Femmes, can just be thankful that I haven't come up with a new nickname for them yet. I mean c'mon man...erm women. You were unique, you were beautiful, you were special, you need to go back to your segregationist ways just so that I could make fun of you for it. Now you're like everyone else, and that's boring, but I guess you can be thankful for it. Oh, and that you're winning more now because of it too.

Ralltiir StarDancers, wow these guys need to be thankful that nepotism isn't illegal in the game of limme. There's more relatives and familial relations there than with the Bakura Trieste's, and that team is named after them!

Chandrila Version 3.0. Well this one is tough, at 1-3 it's been a very deflating season for them, but c'mon, they should be used to that by now. And being used to it eases their pain, and that's something to be thankful for right? Right?

The Denon Denons. The team is nearly unwatchable but they just keep winning. So, so boring, I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow, but at least they have chicken.

The Stewjon Amazin's, yeah I used to call them the Mess, but they're Amazin' now. I could be lazy, let's face it that's my default setting and just say they should be thankful for winning early on in their inaugural ELL season, but really they should just be thankful to be in the league....

Kashyyyk Walking Carpets. Oh where to start? Well with them it's the rest of us that need to be thankful. Can you imagine how many arms they want to tear out of sockets right now? So for them I am just thankful to have two functioning arms...

Last but not least, that honor as always goes to the team from Nal Hutta's moon, the Coruscant...

"...and that's why I think the league should go to super size expansion. I mean the Universe is expanding, so why no the ELL? 16 teams, two conferences, four divisions, one champion, it could work right? Yeah of course it could. I am going to leave it, and you all, there today folks. The Thrill of the Hunt, sponsored by WESTAR, with D'arcy E'Gan is up next, followed by the big show, The Rancor Pitt with Randy and Justin after that. I'm Greeg Brenin with TMQ reminding you to be a hero, be a real hero, be a pacifist and as always, I love ya Mandalore!"

TAG: Trieste, Vehn, galactic-vagabond422, jcgoble3, Runjedirun

OOC: Thanks to Trieste for figuring out what a Quarterback was in a limmie setting. :p Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

24. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Wild Nex
    Mac’s, O’pahz, Carratos

“You’ve got to get me back in,” Wild Nex begged Ragath, several patrons turned to see what was going on.

“That’z not possible, Wild Nex.” The Barabel shook his head, “You can’t buy you way back into thiz, once you’re out you’re out.” He gave her a look up and down, noting her favoring her left side. “You’re hurt Nex, you should rest.”

“I don’t need your advice,” she stepped forward wrapping her hand around his shirt collar, “I just need to get back into the tournament.” Ragath shook his head again, “I could wipe the floor with you even now.” She tightened her grip.

She felt his claws brush against her neck. “Thiz iz not the cage Nex, this one would think nothing of opening your throat right here.” He leaned in closer whispering into her ear, “and no one would lift a finger to save you.” Her anger grew as she clenched her right fist, ring finger still hurting. She gave a hard look to everyone around her. They were looking away from the confrontation going on at the corner of the bar.

Just before she was about to strike the reptile, a Bothan walked in, not just any Bothan but, Fury the woman who’d knocked Nex out. All at once she let go of Ragath and turned towards the furred humanoid. Fury quickly turned around and walked out, Nex followed, rage building. Obviously unfamiliar with the area Fury took a wrong turn down a dead end alley.

Isolated and with no one around to see Nex smiled, it was time for some revenge. Fury threw her pack on the ground and turned to face her follower, ready to fight. In seconds Nex was upon her forcing Fury into the back wall throwing punch after punch into the body and head. Fury wasn’t fully prepared for such violent assault, taking many hits.

The thump of punches landing on Fury’s head echoed off the metal walls the rose above the two women. A scream tore itself from Nex’s throat, she wasn’t holding back, this being deserved every last bit of her rage. With every strike that landed, Fury slid down the wall she was pressed against making the next hit easier for Nex to land.

The Pantoran’s muscles burned and her knuckles hurt, the skin on top of then having split open. Nex still didn’t stop, even though Fury had long since given up fighting back. She no longer saw a sentient being in front of her, all she saw was a punching bag, something to release her anger on.

As the Bothan below her laid motionless, Nex’s rage left her, fully expended on her target. She could feel more bruises form where Fury managed to get a few hits in. That pain paled in comparison with the one coming from her ribs and hands. Her knuckles were stained red with either her's or Fury’s blood. As sickening smile bloomed across Nex’s face, ever since her defeat she wanted to get revenge, it didn’t matter how she just wanted to knock Fury to the ground.

She walked away from the scene holding her side Fury must have hit that spot. She flagged down a cab and got back home. Leaving her victim alone, unmoving, in that alley. Once inside her apartment, Nex wrapped and iced her hands hoping to get the swelling down, she’d need her hands soon enough.

Tian flexed her fingers again, her knuckles still burned when then bent, at least the cuts healed. She was confused as to how she got those injuries much like her broken rib the week before and broken finger before that. She must be clumsier than she thinks or, she just sleeps roughly. Across the locker room Tian locked eyes with Boutros. The Zeltron full back had been somewhat surly since being benched but, her eyes held concern. It was the first time the younger forward had seen anything other than anger from her teammate. Tian smiled and gave a wave to the defender. Boutros acknowledged it and returned her attention to coach Lopaki.

The team walked onto the field single file under the roaring crowd of orange and blue. They may not have won a game yet but, they are the defending champs. Off in the far corner Tian saw the ‘Black Spot’ in the sea of bright colors they stood out in their contrasting black. Just barely she could see the fluttering of the black flag, emblazoned with the Pirates’ emblem, which they always flew. Just seeing that got her ready to face the Starkillers, even though she was lining up across from a Wookiee. Unconsciously she began to hum ‘Drunken Spacer’ to herself.

With her courage somewhat bolstered the young Pantoran looked for the game to start. When it did, it did quickly. Opechan actually got the first possession and lead the Pirates down the field. He dumped back to Else when things got too hot. The forwards kept moving around the opposing players. Tian noticed something was missing. She didn’t realize what until she got into position in the offensive zone. Ty Allin wasn’t on the field, wasn’t he the captain? Or had she just been so checked out of everything going on around her that she doesn’t remember hearing about this.

Their first attack fizzled out when Cliff put the stop on Leigh’s shot. Tian heard a voice from the sideline over the cacophonous shout from the stands. She gave a quick glace to the sound and saw Ty Allin shouting, that’s where he was. The defenders broke through the weak forecheck the forwards had put up and passed quickly into the midfield where Van Pelt and Masters were still starting. Coach Lopaki had liked how they played in the last game against the C-Bucs and kept them starting for this game. Once in the Pirates zone the ‘Great Wall’ closed in, thankfully Kala was the one lined up against Lofykam. It seemed they were ready for a shot on goal not a bar point and the Starkillers got an easy first point.

As the half drug on the Starkillers started pulling ahead with two goals that the defense didn’t stop, it felt to Tian like the curse of the True Marauder Flag was striking. They had three wins in a row and she knew the team wanted to keep it going but, with the way things were going that chance looked small. Leigh looked to the others gritting her teeth Else and Seiji seemed to nod their heads understanding what Leigh was saying with only her look. It was a little unnerving to Tian, did they have some sort of telepathic link, something that connected them?

The next play Seiji got the ball from Masters and put a spin move on his marker making a leading pass to Else once he was clear. Else outran Fostiir to play the ball with her feet. Tian pulled Leak to the sideline leaving an open lane for Leigh to charge down and receive a side pass for Else, the play was fast and nearly perfect with everything lining up just when it needed to. A hard kick from Leigh on the right side sealed the deal and netted the Pirates their first points. They were finally on the board and making their way back.

Then the worst happened, Ty Allin stepped on to the pitch. Tian’s stomach dropped, the Pirates had been making progress, could have tied things up before the half. Now, with Allin on the field it felt as if the balance had shifted, that the momentum at sung towards the home team. The defense locked down for the next fourteen minutes or so, nothing got close. Leak stood tall in the lane Tian would try and open. Any pass between her and Leigh always seemed to get broken up or the shot would get stopped by Tuff. The only offense the Pirates could generate were two bar points from Else, while the Starkillers scored four more points.

Back in the locker room Tian rubbed her hands again, her knuckles still ached, and now her ring finger was hurting again, the one she broke. He side pained her as well, a reminder that although these injuries were manageable they weren’t gone. Leigh was talking with Else and Seiji probably discussing what to do about the next thirty they had left to play, and what to do about Allin. Just his presence on the field had shifted things substantially, made the defense play harder, play smarter. All the tricks the offense tried didn’t seem to work after he showed up.

That wasn’t the only problem, the defense had given up points as well, gave the offense more work to do. She looked to Kala who seemed to be rubbing his shoulder. He’d taken some hits maybe more than she had. He was up against a Wookiee. Tian’s shoulders tightened, they’d face an entire team of Wookiees and Trandoshans soon enough, and that prospect scared her, just a little. Kala looked away with a slight snort in Tian’s direction. Her face softened a little bit, what was going on between them, had she done something. If she did, why didn’t she remember?

The team walked out for the second half and the crowd cheered, more for the Starkillers than the Pirates but, it seemed to get the team going. The broke from their single file line and got into their positions. Leigh gave another nod to Else and Seiji, which they returned. Again Tian felt a little left out. She gave a glance to Opechan and Nara both just shrug their shoulders, seemingly alright with what was going on. The young Pantoran shook her head, they had a job to do, and they had to win this game, or at least try their best.

They do just so, Opechan gave up the first possession and the defense allowed Vigo to score right out of the gate. That took a piece of their confidence. that was three more points the offense had to make up. What was the defense doing back there? The play started moving up the field, out of the Pirates’ zone. In the midfield Van Pelt and Masters had some difficulty getting around the Starkiller pair of Se'o and Hovechar. Somehow Masters got around his marker and made a quick pass to Else. With only a few seconds to decide she made a lightning pass to Leigh.

The rising star forward rushed towards the net but Leak stood in her way, not fooled by Tian’s tactic. Leigh made another fast pass around the Zabrak to Tian who instantly made a shot on goal. Tuff didn’t get enough to catch it so it rebounded out to Leigh. She hadn’t stopped her movement and put everything thing into her kick and hammered it into the net. That was two goals for her, securing her position as the team’s leading scorer, for now. Tian took several deep breaths, her ribs hurting her with every inhale. They were only two goals behind now, if the defense could hold strong they could make it back.

But, the comeback wasn’t to be. The defense didn’t keep up their end of the bargain, allowing ten more points as the half continued. The offense also didn’t do well either, Leigh put in another goal but, that was it. Tian rubbed the knuckles of her right hand again looking up at the score. 24-11 it wasn’t a complete blow out but, it was a sound defeat. After the handshakes she walked up to the defenders. All of them stood taller than her and looked down as she approached. She gave a smile trying to get up her courage more than to put the defenders at ease.

“You guys doing alright?” She asked, each one passed by without a word.

Back in the locker room everyone got changed and headed to the shuttle. On the way Boutros pulled Tian off to the side away from everyone.

“You doing alright kid?” the older Zeltron asked.

“I’m a little banged up but, I’m fine.” Tian answered

“I noticed that, you in some kind of trouble,” she put a hand on the younger woman’s shoulder. “You can tell me, I won’t judge. Where we live you have to do what you can to get by, even in our positions.” Tian looked around uncomfortable with the whole situation.

“I said I was fine, nothing’s going on, just practice has been a little rough.” She believed the words less as she was saying them. In the back of her mind she knew something was wrong, the phantom injuries and constant fatigue, this wasn’t her doing, or at least she didn’t remember doing them. But what would happen if she admitted this, would they think she was crazy, hiding something or worse. Tian felt she couldn’t take that chance.

Bortros’s face hardened a bit, “Ok, I tried,” her eyes bored into her teammate, “but, if you ever want to talk about what’s not going on with you, I’m here.”

Tian nodded her head, her stomach up in her throat. Could she keep what was going on a secret? Did she even know what was going on? These questions hounded her mind in the shuttle back home.

TAG: Runjedirun

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential today for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

282 Week 5 Results
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (25-5)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (29-22)
    Chandrila Patriots at Carratos Pirates (4-31)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Stewjon Metropolitans (9-30)
    Denon Demons at Bakura Miners (18-21)
    Coruscant Senators at Kashyyyk Rangers (19-6)

Jedi Gunny, Vehn, CPL_Macja and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.