main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from MandalMotors Hall! Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a special draft night show for you!"

"Naasad'guur mhi..."

"Welcome back folks to MandalMotors Hall..."

"...Naasad'guur mhi..."

"... and the third round of the draft...."

"...Naasad'guur mhi..."

"...where as you can probably hear..."

"...Mhi n'ulu."

"...in the background. Things are getting a bit..."

"Mhi Mando'ade..."

"Feisty?"

..."Kandosii'ade..."

"Sure, I'll say feisty."

"...Teh Manda'yaim..."

"Mercs fans are just excited for the next pick...

"...Mando'ade!!!"

"Which is coming up now..."

The voice of head coach Ryi Kor'le now broke out over the wave. "With the 16th overall pick in the 283 ELL first year player draft, the Mando'ade Mercs select, Cardelle Jonas, The Ord Sabaok University."

"OYA, OYA, OYA!!!"

"Hey GO BUCKS!"

"OYA, OYA, OYA!!!"

"The Rydonni Prime Monarchs are now on the clock."

"OK, Justin, you're excited about the pick for obvious reasons, but tell us what the Mercs got here."

"Good player, versatile player. Can play well at any forward spot, so he can really do it all..."

"Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal..."

"So why did he last 'til the third round? Why was he rated so low?"

"Well, he is really a jack of all trades master of none sort of guy. Wasn't even a starter on the StarBucks this past season, though he was able to step into that starter's role two years ago when their starting Full Forward got hurt."

"Vebor'ad ures aliit..."

"Not even a college starter?"

"Nope, not usually. But in those games he did start, he was undefeated, so he had that going for him."

"Mhi draar baat'i meg'parjii'se..."

"Not seeing it, but hopefully the front office knows more than I do."

"Oh I think that's a given."

"Kote lo'shebs'ul narit!"

TAG: CPL_Macja

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    MandalMotors Hall, Keldabe, Mandalore

This was not going to be fun. Lokensgaard knew it. In fact, before going out on stage to preempt the Monarchs' pick, the Commissioner put in ear plugs. He already had a ringing in his ears from all of the "arrrr"ing and "boooo"ing and "woooo"ing and whatever other noises were going on. Could he teleconference in to the next Draft? If only Esther were still here. She could have taken care of this.

"Gentlebeings, we have a trade."

The hall went nuts. Yeah, that was going to end quickly.

"The Bakura--"

"Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo--"

"--Miners--"

"--oooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"--have traded their third round pick in the 283 ELL Draft to the Nar--"

"Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo--"

"--Shaddaa--"

"--oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo--"

"--Smugglers--"

"--oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"--for the Smugglers'--"

"Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"--third round draft pick in the 284 ELL Draft. The Monarchs remain on the clock."

TAG: Vehn

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Dash Stonlon
    Miner’s training facility, Hi’lo, Bakura

Dash looked out at the rolling waves. The Hi’lo islands were in the equatorial region of Bakura and were consequently one of the nicest places to be on the planet. The higher than average rainfall generally kept things green throughout the planet. Thanks to its geographic position on the planet, Hi’lo got plenty of sunshine too. It was no secret why the Miners held their training camp here--it was an incentive for players to show up. Heck, it was one of the major reasons that Dash had shown up.

He’d never spent more than a few days in a place as nice as this. Now he was going to spend over a month here. He’d be whipping a limmie team that hadn’t existed until a week ago into something resembling shape, but he’d always known there was never going to be a free lunch with this team.

As the trade winds blew gently across his toughened face Dash hoped he’d remember this moment. It might be the only pleasant one he had all season long if things went the way the prognosticators on channels like HSN were predicting. They were right to do so. Most teams had one or two X factors. The Miners were an entire team of X factors--and not a single reserve. The Miners were a team that traditionally asked a lot of its starters, but usually they were athletes in the prime of their lives. Now they had beings who hadn’t played competitive limmie in years--if at all. They might hold up under a full 60--no, they would hold up, Dash decided. There was no other choice.

Dash turned his back to the sea and headed up the path towards the small suite of offices the Miners management used. If he was lucky, this would be the beginning of a good day. If he was unlucky, the memory of that beautiful ocean vista was going to be fading pretty soon--and he was usually unlucky.

The relationship between a general manager and a head coach was traditionally close and cordial, at least on the best run teams. The fact that Dash Stonlon had not seen Quinn Cundertol since leaving to find Kandarar was probably not the best of signs, but he hadn’t minded. Knowing the history between Cundertol and the Bimms, it might do for the Smug Dragon to vent some of his anger before meeting Dash. In fact, if given his druthers he would have put this meeting off further. However, Stonlon couldn’t put this matter off any longer. Training camp officially began tomorrow and he needed to finalize things now.

Stonlon opened the door to the island office of the Mighty Quinn and was instantly confronted with a quick, burning glare from the GM. “I suppose I should be grateful that you brought these Bimm washups back here,” he said tersely, as if cutting each word individually.

“If you’d like to yell about it, I can go get Sloan. She was there too, at your request if I recall correctly,” Stonlon said, putting his hands up--as if showing he was unarmed was going to result in any de-escalation of hostility.

“There’s a reason I didn’t take them a decade ago,” Cundertol muttered. “To have them on the team now…”

“See, that’s just what I’ve been thinking about,” Dash said casually, though what he had to say was the product of several deep ruminations. He took a seat in front of the GM’s desk. “You’re the ‘Mighty Quinn’ with that great brain of yours...I don’t think you forget much. I think you remembered the Bimms and their talent. You knew they were likely to go against the union and play in spite of them. No future to ruin, check. Fueled by anger and vengeance against you? Double check. Sure, maybe you thought that Kandarar would have another option in his back pocket, but you knew that if he didn’t you certainly couldn’t come calling given what happened between you and them so many years ago. Even if it tears you up inside, you knew that they were our best shot at fielding a real team. But, please, go ahead and tell me what I got wrong in all that.”

Cundertol said nothing, but Dash saw the anger burning in his eyes, his nostrils flaring. It was all the confirmation he needed.

“Now that we have that out of the way, a moment of your time?” Dash requested. Cundertol silently motioned for Stonlon to take a seat as he did the same. “I will acknowledge that this group is rough--”

The Dragon snorted derisively, but Dash pressed forward.

“They need a lot of attention to get them in at least something of a state that they’ll have a fighting chance on the pitch,” Dash continued. “More attention than I can give them alone. I’m going to need an assistant.”

“We face a familiar problem--there aren’t any other coaches who’ll take this job. They know that Valerii will release them the moment she’s back,” Cundertol said. “And before you ask--I will not guarantee another coaching salary for a full year. That was a one-time deal.” The words “for you” were unsaid, but very much communicated.

“I have a candidate in mind. He’ll require a guarantee that his previous position is open to him when the strike is over,” Dash said.

That got the general manager’s attention. “Such a guarantee can only be given if it’s someone inside our organization.”

“Astute of you,” Dash said.

He saw Cundertol’s brain racing.“No. You don’t mean--”

“I’ll save you the breath, Quinn,” came a new voice from the door. “Yes, you can’t possible think of a worse person to be on the sidelines given my record. Yes, last two coaching jobs I had everybody expected I was going to lead the Smugglers to a new golden age and failed miserably. Given all that, I’d say I’ve got a head start here because everybody’s pretty sure we’re going to go winless. I guess after all these years I just aim to do whatever the galaxy doesn’t expect. Besides, like Dash said, who else can stand to work with you two?”

“I very much did not say that,” Dash said, turning in his seat.

“Yeah, I know, but we were all thinking it, weren’t we?” Roy Cardan, chief scout for the Miners’ Oktos 10 Conference desk, said with a grin. “So, how about we just get to it and start calling me Assistant Coach Cardan?”

It was a minor miracle given how tightly his jaw was clenched that Quinn Cundertol was able to squeeze out a, “Fine.”

“Well, I think we’ve got ourselves a team now,” Dash said with a smile.

“‘Now’? We’ve got more garbage than Ord Mantell and Jakku put together,” Roy scoffed. “But by the end of training camp? Maybe they’ll just know their positions and know them right well. Book it, Dash-o. We’ve got a camp to run.”

TAG: None, except for Vehn who probably didn’t see this coming when I picked up Cardan after his last tour of duty a couple of seasons ago ;)

Runjedirun, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Quinn Cundertol on Miners’ work at the 283 Draft:
    [​IMG]
    • Cundertol: “We are elated at what we pulled off today”
    • Sloan: “We already wanted Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, and Mando’ade to lose this season. Now we really want them to lose. Especially Mando’ade….There’s a Mercs fan behind me with a big blaster rifle right now, isn’t there?”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Vehn

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    New Character

Name: Hela Montego
    Species: Twi'lek
    Birth Year: 259
    Homeworld: Ryloth
    Physical Appearance: [​IMG]

Relation to Team: Half Forward

Biography: The story of Hela Montego is a very complicated one. She was once a happy girl on Ryloth, her parents loving her and doting on her as much as they could. Although young, she thought she had a good life ahead of her. That all changed when slavers came knocking at her door. Her mother died trying to keep young Hela safe from the marauders, but her efforts were in vain as they got the young girl anyway. She last saw her father being taken away by the slavers, and she has never seen him since.

Taken to the putrid junk world of Raxus Prime, Hela was enslaved by her captors and forced to work on menial chores for various masters. As she grew older, she was enslaved for her "services" by clients of her one main master. Being taken advantage of at such an early age, Hela became extremely bitter. Her body was covered with branding marks from the various men she was forced to serve, each tattoo adding another layer of hate to the young girl. She hated her life and wished to die. In order to try and escape the hell that she was living through, she learned how to fight in the junk piles of the planet, hoping that she could save herself through fighting. At illegal fighting matches, she finally made enough money to buy her freedom.

After purchasing her freedom, she fled to Nar Shaddaa, where she hoped to die an anonymous figure with no name or history. However, one day she was discovered by the Valor Foundation when she was playing a ball sport with a bunch of junkers. Although she was too old for the program, she lied about her age and was admitted into the Foundation's care. Here she was given education and shelter. Most importantly, it gave her a sense of purpose again. She was able to gain a full-ride scholarship for Limmie to Vertical City University, where her edgy style of play earned her many accolades. She was named a Helmsman Award finalist her senior season, and was drafted in the second round by the Coruscant Senators in the 282 ELL Draft.

Now in her second season in the League, Hela looks to try and gain a starting position on the team. While not very popular in the locker room due to her quiet defiance, she doesn't feel the need to have friends. After all, she had done just fine for herself throughout her life. Working by herself, she hopes to make a name for herself in the Elite League and try to exorcise the demons from her past.

IC: Hela Montego

The selection of Woody Wakes was of interest to the second-year forward because the new man would be competition. Competition she knew would be inevitable. That was the name of the game in this league, either win or get out. Yes there was the bench, and a lot of good players rode the pine, so to speak, to survive. But they usually were never remembered, merely accessories to victory. The stars would have legacies, but the bench players were almost nameless, faceless. You didn't remember them five years later. It was not a place you wanted to be.

So Hela knew that she would have to fight Wakes for the starting half forward spot everyone said was up for grabs. It was Loryyrk Fey'limm's spot, the Bothan struggling to keep it from the reserves who craved the starting gig. There would be a position battle in training camp to try and secure that job, and Hela wanted it for herself. She wanted to be an Elite League starter, someone with a track record. Someone who had a name. For too long she had gone without an identity, just a slave girl. That would be her no longer. She was not the same girl that had seen horrors on Raxus Prime. She was not the same young woman who had wanted to die alone in the trash heaps of Nar Shaddaa. She wasn't even the same as she was in the Valor Foundation or at VCU.

She was her own being now. And she wanted to prove that to everyone. No one would stand in her way. No one.

TAG: No One

6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

"With the seventeenth pick of the 283 ELL Draft, the Rydonni Prime Monarchs select Paxxton Linchpin, Forward, University of Zeltros," Commissioner Lokensgaard announced.

"The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers--"

"Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

"--are now on the clock."

TAG: CPL_Macja Vehn

7. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Jaeda Lerouex

The third round. The place where reservists were usually found. Her draft projections in this round had been a little more sketchy. She could see the Smugglers going offense with this one. Provide depth behind Martia Paak and Shady Lerouex after the former went down with an injury in last year's Game of Rivals.

"With the eighteenth pick of the 283 ELL Draft, the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select,"

Jaeda held her breath. This was go or no go time.

"Epona Equus, Half Back, UB Salis D'aar!!"

Wow. Straight defense this year. Perhaps that had something to do with allowing Ralltiir to score one point in a recent Galactic Cup Final game. Nar Shaddaa never forgot or forgave the teams they lost to in the Final. Just ask the Miners who knew all too well the scorn Smugglers fans laid on that beloved limmie franchise for snatching away 259's prized possession...

Tag: Trieste;galactic-vagabond422

Trieste likes this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Logan Manx-Sandin

After drafting Ariel I find the atmosphere in the 'War Room' a little stifling, so I decide to take a walk, well ride. I need to clear my head, it does no one any good if me and Schnitt glare at each other the whole time. I know who we will be drafting next, and again it's not the 'best' choice but, it is another Carratosian, him with the golden girl and the princess will give us three more locals on the team. I'm still unsure if that is the right choice to make. Sacrificing our effectiveness for PR points, it doesn't sit right with me. I want the best team possible and I need the best players from the draft to achieve that. I got one good player with the trade for Mar'grit but, we still gave up two draft picks for her.

Then there's Ariel and this next pick, both lower rated than other available players, and they didn't seem to have any special skills that didn't translate well into scouting reports. I become so wrapped up in my thoughts, that I hit a tall, lanky, Devaronian.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I say trying to make this all ok. "I got…"

"Frak…" the being starts, "You're Logan Manx-Sandin." I crane my neck up as he looks down. The first thing I note is his horns, one is white, that other is black. "Zara, Gorthax, get over here." A Zygerrian female and a bulky Nikto male make their way over to me. The Nikto has one or two scars on his face but, what draws my eye is a white skull and crossbones tattoo on his neck. Many metal piercings glint off the Zygerrian's ears, some have small gem like objects that hand from them others are just simple rings. Starting just above her brow ridge and going over her head is a white stripe bordered by black fur, if that's a natural feature or a dye job, I can't tell.

"What's it Vic?" She says light shining off the metal ring the pierces her lip.

"It's frakking Logan Manx!" Vic calls out, the Nikto picks up his pace while the Zygerrian stops for just a second to run a hand though her fur, making sure it looks alright. I smirk, I though the ring on my finger would but a stop to other women looking at me. Getting past the initial excitement and giving a few autographs, I give a wink to Zara, the Zygerrian. She seems to blush but, it's a little hard to tell with furred humanoids.

"Good job picking up Evers-Sark." Gorthax, the Nikto, says nodding his head, "I didn't think we'd get her, glad to see her playing for the Pirates."

"Yeah," Vic agrees nodding his head, "And I know Taeping is a bit of a reach but, I always like when we draft locals."

Zara nudges the Devaronian in the ribs, "You just say that because you have a crush on her."

"What can I say, I like red heads."

"Shouldn't you say red horns," Gothax says pointing at his head.

"Hey, I don't judge, Human, Devaronian, even some Nikto girls look good to me."

"You're a freak dude," Zara pipes up, giggling a bit.

"We can't help what I like. Take you for example, you like Human males with long blac…" Vic is cut off my Zara's elbow in his gut.

"I guess what we're trying to say is," Zara continues glaring at her two friends, "Is that we know local players might not be as good as others but, we love seeing them get drafted by the Pirates. Makes it feel like our team, sure we may lose games but, we all lose together."

"Yeah," Gorthax chimes in, "Carratosians playing for Carratos win or lose, we wouldn't have it any other way." Vic nods his head. Now maybe is see it, I see why we always go out of our way to draft who we do. It's not to build the best team to win, but to build the best team for the fans, and the fans want to see locals representing them. I thank them for their time, giving one last wink to Zara before heading back to join Schnitt and Mikia.
    _____
    IC: Mikia Sandin-Manx

I see Logan storm out, and I want to follow but, I give him space. Maybe some time out in the concourse will cool him off. I understand his anger and his frustration, feeling like we're just along for a ride we never asked to be on. I can see Schnitt is also not happy with the situation either. Syrnola puts a hand on his shoulder.

"You can do this boss." She says trying to boost his spirits.

"I know I can do this, I just have to go out there and say a name, it isn't that hard." He looks down at the table we've been standing around this whole time. "What's hard is dealing with the consequences afterwards. The board wants us to win, but also shackles us with drafting locals. I don't think there's a good end to all of this."

"I think maybe it's time to accept our fate boss, just bite the twig and get through it."

"I can do it," I say raising my hand.

"Mikia, I can't" the Balosar replies smiling, "I was out of line forcing Logan to go out there. I won't make you. Besides, it's just a handful of words, doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. "

"Meh…" I feel a smile bloom on my face, "I kinda want to now, seems like fun."

"Well, you know who we're drafting." I nod my head, it's probably obvious to everyone by this point. I pick up the jersey and walk out on stage. I hold my head high looking out over the crowd of armored individuals, I find the pocket of Scallywags that have been causing a ruckus all night. They're dressed in black and white with their banner flying behind them.

"With the nineteenth pick overall pick in the 283 Elite League Draft the Carratos Pirates," I continue speaking over the noise war between the Mercs fans and our Scallywags, "Select Car’rick Adelaide Corner Forward, Sunder College." A rather strong looking Twi'lek approaches, his skin blue that slowly fades to red at the tips of his lekku, his hands though are black. I note this as he take the jersey from my hands. His grip is firm and his eyes are hard. He doesn't smile as he looks out into the cheering crowd. So this is the being sometimes called the 'Dreadnought', not for his size but, for his fearlessness. Diving after loose balls, going toe-to-toe with defenses for control in the offensive zone, he'd fit right in with the 'Iron Cage' style offense Logan is running. Though he'll have to fight Tian to get it, and she's gotten rather tough recently, it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers…" This time I pause, and I'm sorely tempted to boo right along with the crowd. "Are on the clock."

TAG Vehn

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Vehn like this.
  9. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

Last pick in the draft.

This one had to be solid.

She held her breath.

"With the twentieth overall pick in the 283 Draft, the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select," Mylessa McCloud said, "Malcolm Black, Forward, Vertical City University!!"

Jaeda roared along with the crew. This was awesome. A home town pick. Someone to develop in the Smuggler tradition.

She quickly hammered out a post grading out the draft. In her mind it had been a total success. An "A-".

Tag: @Runjedirunl;Trieste

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Wylla Sniider

Dear Data Pad:

The draft closed with little fanfare. The Starkillers took Arther Flylow from the University of Tatooine with the final pick. Wylma and I stopped by the bar at the hotel for some ale. Back in our hotel room. My ears are still ringing from that draft. Can't wait to hear them ring after my first game here on Mandalore. I can't wait to visit all the ELL stadiums over the next couple of seasons. I just wish I didn't have to go back to Ralltiir. That's one stadium I have seen before. Financial Square Arena. My father kept the droids running to mine all the marble in that stadium and Martin Vigo got all the credit for building it. It's disgusting. One big pile of wealth. Money that could have been spent on a million better things. Ty Allin donates time to help troubled youth by holding camps in Cambrielle. But why isn't he giving those kids what they really need? Hot meals. Winter coats. Help with academics. I'm about to go home and sign a contract for more credits than a lot of beings will ever see in their lifetimes. I think I am going to be sick.

Tag: Nobody and Everybody

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

"And that, gentlebeings, concludes the 283 ELL Draft," Lokensgaards aid once Flylow and the Starkillers had left the stage. "I hope you all enjoyed today and--more importantly--I hope you'll be buying jerseys for the bright young stars that got drafted today.

"I don't think there's anything else to do except wish all teams, even those not represented today, the very best luck in 283. I mean it. Best of luck to the Buccaneers, the Demons, the Mercs, the Metropolitans, the Miners, the Monarchs, the Patriots, the Pirates, the Senators, the Smugglers, and the Starkillers." Lokensgaard stopped. "Wait." He started mumbling and counting off on his fingers. "One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven. We're missing someone. Oh, that's right.

"Best of luck to the newest addition to Elite League Limmie...

"The Jakku Junkers!"

A new force had just awakened in the ELL.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Rowdy Roosey
    Nar Shaddaa

The confetti rained down on the LFL champions, and Rowdy took a moment to soak all of it in. Her team had won the LFL title, and she had been a major part of that. Her work on offense all year had paid off with a starting job and some major playing time. Not only was she scoring points, but she was also playing the enforcer role on offense. Even if she wasn’t setting hard picks or screens, she was scaring opposing defenders from wanting to mess with her. It was a great feeling to know that she was winning the mental battle. In many cases, that was the way to win. What you did on the field fed directly from your mental state, and if one was shaken, it was harder to play at a high level. To be able to do that to opposing defenders was a must for a forward.

Rowdy enjoyed the moment as she was handed her victory t-shirt and got to pose for the Holos. It wasn’t winning the Galactic Cup, no, but it was a league title. She was now part of a league championship squad, and it felt great. Who knew if she would ever experience this again, so she wanted to enjoy it as much as possible.

When the trophy was passed around by the players, Rowdy relished her chance to hold it in her hands. She had won trophies before, but they were not for this sport. This trophy proved that she could still win as part of a team and not just by herself. She had proved the doubters wrong for now. There would still be haters out there, yes, but for the moment they would be quiet. She had been dominant in the season and playoffs. No one could take that away from her.

And immediately she put her eyes towards the following season’s training camp. Could she parlay this season’s performance into a job next year at the Elite League level? That would be a tall order, but she had thought the same of playing forward and then starting, and she had succeeded at both of those thus far. She figured that she would give it her best shot and see where she stood at the end of the day. That was all you could do in her position.

Day Before Training Camp

Rowdy couldn’t sleep that night. The next day, she would be embarking on her first day of training camp in season two. This was her chance to try and impress the coaches. Keli Sen, the Force’s head coach for both of their league titles in the LFL, was now the offensive coordinator for the Senators, and Travers Mercator was the new defensive coordinator. They had worked with Rowdy before, and that experience would help. But now her work was cut out for her. She meant no disrespect towards fellow Force forwards Jenica Lopaki, Callie Polarez and Lisha Larring, but they were hardly Leia Adama, Zuzu Nuun, and Natasha Ehlers. The fight would not be for a starting job for the Senators; it would be to make the roster. And the number of available spots would likely be minimal. Maybe one or two spots would be open, but the Senators had brought in extra help at forward with Woody Wakes in the second round of the Draft and Gargova Broussard from the Premier League. Then she had to fight with the other Force forwards, and Lopaki’s father was the new head coach of the Senators. One had to wonder whether that would play in Jenica’s favor . . .

Training camp had originally been scheduled to be on Coruscant as it had been the last few years, but the new owner had decided that a nice tropical vacation destination was instead the better place to be. Through Gark S’rily, she had decided to visit the old Senator stomping grounds on Wroona, and was impressed by the amenities. By now there was a practice facility open for the team to use instead of the fields by the hotels, but S’rily had lobbied hard to have practice at the hotel. He likely wanted to keep players out of downtown as much as possible, since it was camp, and Alaree finally submitted to the Bothan’s opinion on this matter. So they were in paradise, and that would only add complexity to things. Rowdy wanted to see the sun and the sand, especially the blue sand they had here, and that would weigh on her mind while she worked. It was likely a test to see how the players would respond to the distractions of the venue.

Her offseason hadn’t been bad. She had continued to work on bulking up her frame to meet the demands of a Limmie season. In the ring, she had bested the last fighter to beat her, gaining revenge for that shocking loss. Lastly, she had been asked to be a model for the swimsuit edition of a popular Holo sports magazine, so that had been interesting. She was still a rising star in the galaxy, and she hoped she could use that to her advantage.

She moved her head over to look in the direction of Lisha Larring. The Togruta was asleep in the other bed in the hotel room, but she was snoring. Ugh.

Sleep was vital, but obviously would be hard to come by. There was just too much at stake this year.

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Sub-GM Post

Arden Sports Entertainment Center, Gesco City, Bakura

Little did anyone realize, but when the LFL Board of Governors selected the retired perennial ELL All-Star Vesper Lynd-Arden to become the new Commissioner, that her first decision was going to be moving the League Offices to Bakura. The property had been in her husband’s family since the days of the earliest Bakuran colonists. Located on the site of a former military base, the Festidio of Gesco City, the new League Headquaters was constructed from the ashes of a demolished hospital.

Standing at the podium in the main foyer of the office complex she prepared to address the media for the first time in her new official capacity.

“Good Afternoon and welcome to the new home for the Limmie Futures League. I know that my family’s team, the Bakura Miners, currently do not have a direct developmental affiliate in the LFL. Perhaps having the League offices right around the corner will convince my cousin to invest in this grand venture. Then again, with their recent talent issues, having another team might not be too much of a good idea.”

That got a small chuckle from the press, especially from the local media. Vesper continued on with the ice now broken.

“It has been my honor to design a slightly different approach to develop the next generation of ELL All-Stars. First, the League will still be comprised of eight member teams, which will be divided equally into two conferences. The Futures Cup playoff structure will continue to be as in years past, with all eight squads competing in a single-elimination tournament to determine the Conference Champions to meet in the Futures Cup Final.

“The biggest change has been to the route these teams take to determine their seeding in this tournament. This season, the LFL will start on the same week as the Elite League Limmie and will run Ten Week regular season schedule. Each team will play the other teams in their conference twice, once at their home stadium and once on the road. They will also play the other four teams not in their conference in an alternating home and away schedule.

“These changes will bring the league into a closer approximation of Elite League play. The rigors of a Ten Week Regular Season schedule will not only prepare our players for the next level of competition, but will give their parent organizations a clearer understanding of talents that they can tap into when needed.

“Thank you all for coming today the 283 Futures schedule will be posted within the next few hours.”

283 LFL Schedule

Week 1
    Concordia Crusaders at Kamino Waves
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Thyferra Force
    Byblos Red Wings at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Atzerri Bandits

Week 2
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Thyferra Force at Concordia Crusaders
    Atzerri Bandits at Kamino Waves
    Byblos Red Wings at Gallinore Firedrakes

Week 3
    Atzerri Bandits at Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Concordia Crusaders at Byblos Red Wings
    Kamino Waves at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Thyferra Force

Week 4
    Byblos Red Wings at Thyferra Force
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Concordia Crusaders
    Atzerri Bandits at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Kamino Waves at Tatooine Sandskimmers

Week 5
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Gallinore Firedrakes
    Thyferra Force at Atzerri Bandits
    Kamino Waves at Byblos Red Wings
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Concordia Crusaders

Week 6
    Concordia Crusaders at Atzerri Bandits
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Druckenwell Marksmen
    Thyferra Force at Kamino Waves
    Byblos Red Wings at Tatooine Sandskimmers

Week 7
    Gallinore Firedrakes at Kamino Waves
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Thyferra Force
    Atzerri Bandits at Byblos Red Wings
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Concordia Crusaders

Week 8
    Thyferra Force at Tatooine Sandskimmers
    Atzerri Bandits at Gallinore Firedrakes
    Byblos Red Wings at Concordia Crusaders
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Kamino Waves

Week 9
    Kamino Waves at Atzerri Bandits
    Concordia Crusaders at Thyferra Force
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Gallinore Firedrakes
    Tatooine Sandskimmers at Byblos Red Wings

Week 10
    Thyferra Force at Byblos Red Wings
    Druckenwell Marksmen at Atzerri Bandits
    Kamino Waves at Gallinore Firedrakes
    Concordia Crusaders at Tatooine Sandskimmers

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Trieste galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

14. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Wylla Sniider

Signing Day

Dear Fancy new Data Pad:

So much happened today. As you know. I refused to speak to any agents before being drafted. After scrambling to find one who wouldn’t take full advantage of me last week I finally settled for a young man. I admit it now, I hired him because he was cute. He was also new to the field and I was hoping I would be helping him out. Or maybe he’d be that guy, you know the guy who really is interested in a low maintenance girl like me. I thought maybe since I was giving him his first real break he would be more interested in catering towards what mattered to me.

I was so wrong about that guy. Our day started out on a grand tour of Financial Square and all the facilities around it. I admit it, there are a few things that aren’t so bad about the place. I cannot wait until I get to use the weight room! Wylma is going to love it for sure. There’s over 10 kilometers of distance to run in the stadium. Till and Jul said in poor weather they prop open necessary doors so we can do long runs. Wylma loves to run. I don’t so much, I’m more of a lifter. Besides running too much isn’t even that good for me, gotta have meat on your bones if you are going to play defense.

The tour ended at Mrs. Till’s office. She was waiting for me and my agent. Both Coaches sat down with us and we started talking about all sorts of things that were over my head. Guaranteed credits, conditional bonuses, end of the season pay outs. Why can’t they just tell me how much I’m going to get paid?

Mrs. Till’s first offer was for 5 years, 3 million a year. My reaction was that I didn’t want to commit to 5 years. Especially not on Ralltiir. I couldn’t word it that way so I countered with 3 million a year for two years. The agent gave me this look. “I’ll do the talking,” he said. “It’s what I get paid for. My client was a first round pick,” he continued. “Surely she is worth more than that. “5 years, 5 million a year,” he went on.

“Whoa,” I broke in.

The agent started talking over me. Said I didn’t know what was in my own best interest. So I fried him. Right there in Mrs. Till’s office. Embarrassed the hell out of him. He walked out of there not knowing what hit him. It was the highlight of my day. Mrs. Till started acting like my mom after he left. She called me “sweetie” and told me I was going to need an agent. So she called her son’s agent and she came right over when Mrs. Till called her.

The new agent was an older female. She listened to my concerns. She explained that the team was going to put something low on the table and we should talk them up. It was expected, she said. She also explained a little bit about guaranteed funds, and bonuses and stuff, but I really don’t understand. She said if I wanted a shorter contract she could help with that.

Now that we were a few hours behind we had to wait for Mrs. Till to get back form some other engagement. She was wearing a whole new fancy dress. I was still in my jeans and my Ralltiir U hoodie. The new agent let me talk. She had even advised me on what to say. So I explained that I was honored to have been chosen to play at Ralltiir as a Starkiller, but I wanted to keep my options open.

Mrs. Till didn’t offer the 5 year deal this time around. I suppose she already knew I was going to turn that down. She offered 2 years, 2 million a year. Of course I was offended. There was a lot of talking between my agent and Mrs. Till. The 2 million was only guaranteed, there were plenty of bonuses to be earned. The agent could tell I was getting angry and pulled me out of the room.

It was a good move, because I was pissed. The agent said we had more leverage than I realized. She asked how I would feel about giving Ralltiir three years and asking for 4 million guaranteed a year. It sounded better, because it was more per year than the original offer, but not really what I wanted because I had to give another year of my life to a planet I hated. For 2 million a year the agent convinced me.

We went back in and the agent actually told Mrs. Till I wanted 4.5 million guaranteed per year for 3 years. I used my best Sabaac face and nodded firmly. Mrs. Till immediately countered with 2.5 million guaranteed for 3 years. The two bantered with my life, my career while I sat watching and waiting nervously. I thought it would never end. When it finally did I signed my name to a piece of flimsi that guaranteed me 3.75 million a year for the next 3 years!

I also got something called a signing bonus. I’m in my hotel room looking at it right now. It’s just a wire of credits on my data pad. You, new data pad, the model I have been drooling over for the past 6 months. I have never had anything like you. I know I shouldn’t let these credits go to my head, but tomorrow I celebrate. I’m getting a tattoo, I’m coloring my hair and I’m going house hunting. Imagine a house of my very own. And most of all I can finally get a pup!

First Day of Voluntary Off-Season Workouts

Dear Data Pad:

Today was the day. The first day I got to meet and work out with the other members of the Starkillers. It sure wasn’t easy. First I had to leave Chow-Chow all by himself for the entire day. Naturally I was really worried about him. I’ve never left him here for more than a couple of hours. I didn’t know if I should leave him in the yard, because it might rain. I didn’t like the idea of him being stuck in the house all day, but you know what? I don’t think he minded much. I found him sleeping in my chair when I got back. I nudged him awake and he pounced on me. I was weak from all the squats, take-offs, running and just everything we did at practice so I fell to the floor and let him lick my face. After that we went on a short walk around the neighborhood.

I still can’t believe it. My house, my neighborhood, I like the way the neighbors stare. The purple hair has gotten me lots of attention. Or maybe they are sizing me up to judge how good the Starkillers defense will be next season. It’s going to be interesting, that’s for sure. Coach Till is tough.

I met my teammates in the locker room early this morning. Every one of last year’s starters who is returning this year was there this morning. So even though it was just a voluntary workout you know this team is dedicated. Kara Sureysh was super friendly and a little too bubbly. She was very excited to meet me and Wylma. She took it upon herself to give us some inside information about the other players and the coaches. She takes her role as captain seriously and I like that.

After introductions and temporary locker assignments we hit the field. I’ve played here before for college games so it wasn’t too much of a big deal. Coach Till calls all players by their last names, but he has two Sniider’s now. He didn’t ask, but he decided to call me Purple, because of my hair no doubt. We did a lot of warm-up drills. I could tell that running around the back yard with Chow-Chow and the little bit of weight lifting I’ve done since the draft has not exactly kept me in Limmie playing shape.

Once our muscles were loose Coach Till took the defensive players to the weight room. The first thing he did was take off his own shirt and show off his abs. He demonstrated all the exercises. I was doing squats with dumbbells when he approached me. Coach says that he sees great potential in me. It started out with small talk. We chatted a little about family. He was curious about my relationship with Wylma. I told him like it is. Wylma went back home after the draft. She’s really close to mom and dad. She even commuted all the way from the mountains where we grew up to get to practice this morning. A two hour speeder ride.

I’m more independent. I can’t live under the watch of my parents anymore. Besides my parents would never let me have Chow-Chow. My mom thinks pups stink and she says they are too much work. I never want to lose touch with Wylma. I’ll always want her to be a part of my life, but we aren’t the kind of twins who spend every waking hour together. As we continued our talk the subject changed to training habits. Coach wants to see me in the weight room every day. I liked that part. It was what he said next that infuriated me. Coach is going to have me meet with a nutritionist tomorrow.

He didn’t go out and say I was fat, but he did tell me I could perform better if I lost a few pounds. I know he’s not the first coach to tell me that. Hopefully my work on field will convince him that my body type is good for Limmie playing. It’s a good thing I didn’t have high hopes for playing Limmie on Ralltiir or Coach Till would have ruined my whole experience today. As it is the team is mostly what I expected.

The defense is almost all male. Robacca is the only other female and she’s a Wookiee. They are a bunch of hard core jocks too. Obedient and quiet in the weight room, loud and proud in the locker room. All they could do was compare who lifted more weight or who did the most reps. The offense has some females, but we didn’t work with them much today. Like I said Kara Sureysh is great. Of course I got a good look at Bat Vigo. He’s surprisingly quiet too. He carries himself differently than anyone I’ve ever met. He’s so tall and confident. Makes me sick. If he was anyone else he’d be sitting on a curb wasting away. His credits and status as Martin Vigo’s son have gotten him everything he has. Enough about that, makes me want to puke.

Going to play with Chow-Chow now and have a few cold ales before that nutritionist tries to tell me what’s “best for me” tomorrow.

Tag: None

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    OOC: The subject material in the post below is a bit heavy. It will get better from this point forward.

The Smoking Blaster
    Six Boroughs Stadium

What happened to you?

Lady are you okay?

Is there anything I can do for you?

Jaeda brought a shaking hand up to her bruised and swollen face as she took a brief break in the employee bathroom. She had a nasty black eye. Her ribs hurt. Breathing was hard. She was coming to the end of a twelve hour shift. A twelve hour shift from hell where customer after customer had asked what happened. She'd shrugged off their concerns. Made excuses. Fought the terrible fear that choked the life right out of her. Truth was she didn't know what happened or maybe she just didn't want to remember.

She'd been writing at home on her popular sports blog. Her boyfriend had come home, drunk, and really upset. She didn't know about what. He just wanted to have her. She refused. She wasn't going to lie down and take it from a guy who didn't care about her. Who saw her as a piece of meat. Another conquest. He didn't like the answer. He didn't like her tone. He didn't like her standing up for herself. So he raised a hand and struck her again and again. This time she couldn't apply concealer to her face to cover her bruises. This time she'd been hurt pretty bad. Real bad. This time she'd blacked out.

How did I deserve this? What happened to my life? What happened to me?

Jaeda limped out of the bathroom only to be confronted in the hall by her manager.

"You showed up late to work today," her manager said.

"I know, I'm sorry," Jaeda mumbled.

"Everything okay at home? You look pretty bad," her manager said being his usual uncaring self.

Jaeda self consciously brought a hand to her bruises again. Maker, they hurt. She hurt all over.

"I don't want to talk about it," Jaeda said.

"Jaeda you've been slipping at work lately. I don't think you really want to be here. I'm sorry but I'm going to have to let you go," her manager said.

"Without proper notice?" Jaeda asked. "How can you do that to me?"

"It's called a shrinking economy, sweetheart. I can't afford to keep you around," her manager said.

Jaeda untied her apron and threw it at her boss. "Frakking piece of slag! I've lost everything today! Don't you frakking understand?"

She stormed out toward the door. On her way out she heard her boss yell,"Hey! You could look into the hostel down the street! Maybe they'll help you out, ya know? There's always the system!"

Jaeda raised her middle finger as she left the diner. The rush of traffic, the crushing oppressiveness of a crowded sidewalk hit her hard and seemed to make her wounds hurt even more. She was out of a job. She hardly had enough money for the cab ride home. She was up a creek without a paddle. How'd it come to this? One minute she'd been cheering the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers in the Galactic Cup Final, hugging her defeated sister Shady after the game, and the next she was another homeless casualty.

She gathered her jacket around her and started walking. Walking to anywhere. Walking to eternal damnation or salvation. Either way she didn't care. She just had to keep moving. She had to put the world behind her. Put the galaxy behind her. Put her problems behind her. She passed a few police officers on her walk. They tried to stop her and question her but she kept on moving. She didn't have time for them. As her mind slowly started to rationalize the trauma she'd experienced she started to take stock of her options. They were few and far between. Nar Shaddaa's social service safety nets were well entrenched but they were also funded on a shoestring budget.

She didn't know how long she'd been walking. She didn't know what time it was. She had no way to contact family. Didn't want to. She collapsed against a nearby brick building. She was done. She was nothing. Always had been. She wasn't successful like her sister. She hadn't fought her way out of the poor neighborhood. She'd run the other way. Right into trouble. Right into a relationship that had nearly killed her. Right into a life that was so wrong. So very wrong.

Jaeda rested her head against the brick wall of this poor neighborhood filled with boarded up shops and failed promises. She looked up and saw a flashing neon sign. It took a few minutes for her to register what it was saying. When she did her heart leapt in her throat. She struggled to her feet and fought her way into the entrance. She leaned against the counter as the female staff rushed to her side with a blanket and a warm cup of something soothing. She wept uncontrollably.

"I need help," Jaeda choked out.

"You're safe, ma'am. You're safe here. He can't find you. He can't hurt you at all," the woman explained. "What's your name?"

"Jaeda," she replied.

"Jaeda, welcome to the Valor Foundation," the woman replied.

"I thought you only helped improverished youth?" Jaeda asked through tears.

The woman shook her head, "The Valor Foundation provides a great many services to people from all walks of life and all situations. I've got a warm bed and blankets for you. You can stay here until we can get you back on your feet."

"Thank you," Jaeda said as she spread her split lips into a smile. "Thank you so much."

Tag: No One

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Senators trade Morgan Renhorn (Human, Female, Half Forward) to Smugglers for Maximus Qorbus (Nautolan, Male, Corner Forward).
    • Veteran defensive back Ken Zetter has been placed on reserves. Rookie second round draft pick Gretta Hardy to start instead.
    • Filling the vacancy left by Wilhulf Nexrus, Nar Shaddaa promotes Victor Drago into the starting defense.
    • Epona Equus and Malcolm Black to fill some depth behind key positions on the defense and offensive sides of the ball.
    • Statement from Lilly Vehn: "We knew who we wanted in this draft and weren't deterred by the shenanigans and trickery of some general managers in the league. Nar Shaddaa has historically drafted well and I am proud to say that I think we continued that strong tradition today. After last year's loss in the Galactic Cup Final to Ralltiir I sat down with our coaching staff and talked about how to improve our squad. The resounding decision was defense."
    • ELL releases 283 schedule.
    Week 1
    Chandrila Patriots at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Jakku Junkers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners
    Mando'ade Mercs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Coruscant Senators at Carratos Pirates
    Denon Demons at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

Week 2
    Jakku Junkers at Chandrila Patriots
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Bakura Miners
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Carratos Pirates
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators
    Denon Demons at Mando'ade Mercs

Week 3
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Bakura Miners at Chandrila Patriots
    Jakku Junkers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Mando'ade Mercs at Carratos Pirates
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Coruscant Senators
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Denon Demons

Week 4
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Bakura Miners
    Jakku Junkers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Chandrila Patriots
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Mando'ade Mercs
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Carratos Pirates
    Denon Demons at Coruscant Senators

Week 5
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Chandrila Patriots at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Bakura Miners at Jakku Junkers
    Coruscant Senators at Mando'ade Mercs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Denon Demons

Week 6
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Denon Demons
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Jakku Junkers at Coruscant Senators
    Mando'ade Mercs at Bakura Miners
    Carratos Pirates at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Chandrila Patriots at Ralltiir Starkillers

Week 7
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Mando'ade Mercs
    Chandrila Patriots at Coruscant Senators
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Bakura Miners at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Jakku Junkers at Denon Demons

Week 8
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Mando'ade Mercs
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Chandrila Patriots at Denon Demons
    Carratos Pirates at Jakku Junkers
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

Week 9
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando'ade Mercs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Chandrila Patriots
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Jakku Junkers
    Bakura Miners at Denon Demons
    Coruscant Senators at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Stewjon Metropolitans

Week 10
    Coruscant Senators at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Mando'ade Mercs at Chandrila Patriots
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Jakku Junkers
    Denon Demons at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers

Week 11
    Denon Demons at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Chandrila Patriots
    Mando'ade Mercs at Jakku Junkers
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators
    Bakura Miners at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Jedi Gunny and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Halar'ona'nuruodo (Chiss, Male), Left Half Forward, formerly of the Bakura Miners signed to a one year contract by the Mercs and assigned to the Concordia Crusaders
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Time to pull the trigger on this

IC: Mikia Sandin-Manx
    Team Shuttle to Naboo

Disruption in Communication​

"Calling to check on me already?" Logan says with a smile on his face.

"I just wanted to make sure you got up at a reasonable hour." I reply returning his infectious smile, "Just because I'm going to be away doesn't mean you get to go on a complete vacation."

"Oh, so you get a vacation and I don't?"

"It's not a vacation it's a team building trip, let us all blow off steam and get to know each other. You should have come with us. You need to get to know your new forwards." I give a glance to Evers-Sark then to Taeping. They had made it a policy to keep their distance from each other outside of practice. They are very good and very skilled forwards but they refuse to work together. Logan mentioned something about Schnitt wanting them to start. Honestly, they're nowhere near ready. They've got the ability to play in the ELL, individually but, teams aren't made up of one player. Evers-Sark is better about this, she at the very least passes to Tian, who just barely bet or Car'rick for the last starting forward spot. Taeping on the other hand, I don't think I 've seen her make a pass, she always goes for the net.

"I got enough of that at training camp, I'm sticking with Tian, Opechan, and Nara, no matter how much the Schnitt begs me, those two just don't work well together."

"What about putting Mar'grit…I mean Cutty," Ever-Sark preferred her nickname over her birthname, with a name like Mar'grit I understand. "in place of Opechan?"

"The kid saved our backsides against the Mercs in 281 and he did rather well for his sophomore year. I'd feel wrong just taking him out of the lineup."

"Well," I start looking away a little, "She did outperform him in training, in fact she outperformed everyone there."

"I think unit cohesion is better than raw skill, Tian, Opechan, and Nara went through a lot last season, got us the third best offense in the league."

"Leigh was a big part of that offense too." I counter, yes the forwards did a good job but, the half forwards, Leigh especially, were amazing last year.

"Yes she was and no one is talking about taking her out of the starting lineup, her or the rest of L.E.S, they're permanent."

"That knida leaves Gor, Tiv and Gates out in the cold."

"They're good backups but, they just don't have the bond those three do, I mean you've seen how they work together, it's like they've been playing together since they were kids."

"I think that's because they have dear."

"Really I didn't know that."

"I mean they never state it openly but, they have to have met before joining the Pirates."

He stokes his beardless chin, I think he misses being able to stroke it. "That would make a certain amount of sense. I wonder if coach Copin knew, or for that matter coach Lopaki." I feel my face sour a bit, I still respect coach Copin but, his unexplained resignation left a bad taste in my mouth. Coach Lopaki's departure is still a touchy subject around me, and the other players. He leads us to our second Commissioner's Trophy in as many years and then abandons us for Coruscant. That is the second award winning coach that left us.

I give a look over to Billi Ryeli, it's taken a while for her to learn the ropes of how this team operates and, I'm still unsure if she's ready for ELL level competition. Coach Copin bombed his first season but, came back the next, so maybe it'll be the same here. The lull in the conversation continues, I am about to ask why he didn't come with us, I mean even Schnitt and Syrnola came along. Possibly sensing this he quickly speaks again, "Speaking of which, how is our unanimous Salbukk Award winner doing?"

I smile still playing along, trying to stretch out the conversation as well. "Leigh is doing fine, she has her work cut out for her trying to get Cutty and Ariel to work together and not undercut each other."

"We really should have made her an assistant captain. She's really come into her own." He smiles with pride, "She's not the same nineteen year old I first met. She's really matured." The way he talks about Leigh is a little worrying sometimes, I know that she was the first on the team, besides the doctor, to know about Logan's illness. It's not that I don't trust Logan, is just something inside me tells me something more happened the day she saw my husband collapse.

"Yeah, she's really done a bang up job, if she can keep this up who knows what's in store for her."

I notice his shoulder moving slightly, most likely rubbing his leg. He did that occasionally when talking about another player's future. He feels robbed of his chance at glory because of his legs. "Yeah great things." His eyes are looking down.

"Hey, you're a great coordinator."

His eyes snap up, his eyebrows raised, "When was the last time a coordinator got into the Hall of Fame?"

"Hun," I can see the slight pain in his eyes, I've known for a while that he desperately wants to be remembered, not as the limmie player that lied about his condition but, as a great of the sport. "If that's want you want, you could have taking the Head…"

"No, Mikia, I'm still not ready for that, I can't do it not yet. Maybe one day."

"I hope that day is soon, hun." Again he rubs his leg. It is silent for far too long then I speak again, "You really should have come with us. You're part of the team too."

"I'd only get in the way, sand doesn't agree with my chair." He looks up smiling, "Though I am sad that I won't be able to see you in your swimsuit." His face morphs into that same stupid smile, "Make sure to send me pictures."

I roll my eyes, he's deflecting again, "I'll make sure to put it on my to do list, right after I finish checking out the other men on the beach." I give my best evil grin.

"Oh, that's not…" the feed cuts out,

"Logan," My brow furrows, "Logan," a hint of annoyance enters my voice. I try calling him back, but it says no connection.

"Hey," Tian calls out, "anybody else having issues calling back home." Gates and Pony said everything was fine for them. But, Leigh, Else, and Seiji said they lost connection with Else's mom, and when they try to call her back they get no reply.

What is going on down there?

______
    IC: Logan Manx-Sandin
    Shield Towers, O'pahz Carratos

Means Invasion​
    She rolls her eyes, I know I'm being a pain but, if it keeps her off my case I'll do it.

"I'll make sure to put it on my to do list, right after I finish checking out the other men on the beach."

Ok that is a little far, but, I can tell by the grin she doesn't mean it, "Oh, that's not fair." I say, I don't hear a reply or even her laugh she makes to humor my bad jokes. There's just nothing. "Mikia," I start trying to revive the connection "hey Mikia you there?" There's no response. I look out the wide window that looks out over the city, in the distance I can see Goss-Pell, it looms large in the neighborhood where it is making it a recognizable part of the skyline from our apartment.

Looking down I see beings in white armor running about bursting into buildings. Something inside tells me something is wrong. I begin backing away from the window when I feel a rumble. It's like a groundquake but, those don't happen in O'pahz, never once have we had a quake here. Following the shaking there's a loud, thunderous, noise, like some large egg cracking open. Looking back out the window is see what it is,

"No," I move closer to the window again, "No, no, no, no" Goss-Pell Memorial Stadium looks like it is breaking open, like something is trying to escape from it. The rumbling continues, and I can't take my eyes off the stadium. Our first win, our first playoff game, where I proposed to Mikia, all of them occurred in that place. I may have been new but, it is hallowed ground to us. Tears form on the edges of my eyes as the edifice continues to shake, breaking itself apart. Then like a parasite bursting from a host, a large black ship broke through the ground. "That…That…It…Can't" I am dumbfounded, I thought it was a legend or if it had existed that it was long gone by now. The black ship that rose from the ruins of Goss-Pell was long with a squared stern, three laser batteries sprout around the middle on a circular track allowing them a full field of fire. From behind the batteries tall towers look like spikes, a black flag flies from one, a skull and crossbones emblazoned on its dark field. As the ship turns and moves towards me, I confirm its identity. The deaths head, a skull with glowing red eyes over crossbones, built into the bow itself. My jaw goes slack, I just witnessed the rise of the 'Arcadia'.

[​IMG]

Behind me a loud voice calls out, "Stay where you are," My body is still in too much shock to move, "You are now in the custody of the White Star Collation. Turn to face me," the man orders. I comply, what can I do, I don't know if his armed. Even if he wasn't what am I gonna do run him over. Once fully around I could see him better. His armor is white but, not like Stormtrooper armor. It seems almost padded, and the helmet is closer fitting with a wide black faceplate. "Get out of the chair."

"I can't," My mouth is dry with fear, eyes wide as well, his rifle is pointed squarely at me, "paralyzed, waist down."

"Get out of the chair now." The man in white barks again.

Before I can even answer, a low gruff voice speaks, "He said he can't bub." In a flash a gold hand wraps around the outside of the helmet and slams it into the door frame, hard enough to knock the man out cold. Standing behind a being noticeably shorter than the man he just took down, with gold skin and black hair swept up and back to the point it almost looked like wings or elongated ears coming off the side of his head. "You Logan?" He says pointing at me. All I can do is nod my head. "Alright, come on Glide, let's get moving."

"What…"

"Glide that's you," he points fiercely again, "now come on." His canine teeth are sharp and long. I think I've heard of this species, Firrerreon, very isolated, not seen much in the larger galaxy, what is one doing here. "I said let's go Glide, or do you want to be their prisoner." His words finally move me to action. Following him through the building, at the exit, I see Bara, broken, bloodied, surrounded by men in white armor. He didn't go quietly. "Don't worry about him," My escort says rushing past, "He's still breathing." A smile comes to my face, there's a glimmer of hope in this mess. Coming up to, what I guess is my ride the door opens and the craft lowers itself, like it was designed for someone like me, someone in a chair.

I don't wait for the Firrerreon to yell at me again, I slip my chair into the vehicle and he hits the accelerator.

"What is going on?" I ask utterly confused by everything that had happened in the last few moments.

"Something someone should have seen coming I'm guessing. Anyway I was only told to pick you up."

"What for?"

"My employer wants to speak with you."

"Who are you? Who's your employer?" I hear blaster fire out in the streets, explosions nearby.

"You can call me Howl, and my employer is a rather private person. You'll see when we get there." It is a tense fearful drive for me, my chuffer on the other hand seems an old hand at this, deftly dodging around battle lines that now cut through the city, through my city. We stop at a nondescript warehouse, inside I see three beings, one is a young Sephi, at least I think she's young it can sometimes be hard to tell with such a long lived species, she's next to a hastily setup terminal working on something I can't quite tell what it is, next is a female Nautolan listening on a headset, her frame is bulkier than most, with visible muscled arms made bare by her sleeveless vest, the third is humanoid, though shrouded in darkness, so I am unable to see it's face.

"Ears," Howl calls out, the Sephi turns her head, "Where are we with slicing into their systems."

"Answer hazy, ask again later," she replies a lilt in her voice

"Ears." Howl says annoyance in his voice.

"What, they're using military grade encryption and security, it's going to take me a bit to slice."

"Eyes," the Nautolan perked up, "where are we with their communications."

"Stole this off a patrol," she gestures towards the comm in her hand, "Working on mapping out their movements now."

"Slim," there's a crashing sound from far in the back, and a young male Balosar steps into the meager light.

"What," he shouts.

"Is the Junker flyable?"

"How many times do I have to say it boss, trust in the Bulgar, the Bulgar is good." Howl just shakes his head.

"Howl," the girl called Ears says over her shoulder, "that dude is talking again."

"Put it on, Glide here had no idea what's going on."

A holo projector in the center of the room activates reveling a human man from the waist up flanked by two soldiers. He wears a blue uniform trimmed in gold.

[​IMG]

"People of Carratos, you have voted to be free of the corrupt Republic."

"Wait, what"

"We of the White Star Collation are here to enforce your new freedom on the Republic and its allies that remain on this planet. We will wipe it clean of all the filth and crime that has called it home for too long, allowed to fester under the absenteeism of the Republic." The man's voice was firm full of conviction. "We have set up a blockade of your planet for your protection, and declared an embargo on all outside goods, to allow your local industry to flourish without interplanetary competition. This is the start of a new day for Carratos. A new age of freedom…"

The shadowy figure shifts a bit, "Turn it off." The voice is male, not gruff like Howl but, no less authoritative. The power in his voice doesn't come from the volume, but the weight of his tone. The holo projector turns off. The figure leans forward into the pool of light cast by one of the illuminators hanging from the ceiling. His brown hair partly covers his right eye, not that he could see out of it anyway, a black eye patch covers it. A long jagged scar runs across his face from one cheek to the other, his eyes were set and hard, gazing deep into me. On his chest is a white skull over crossbones, eerily similar to our own logo. A cape wraps around his shoulders pinned with more Pirate iconography.

[​IMG]

"Why am I here?" I can barely speak, everything was turned upside down, I don't know what's going one anymore, and I certainly don't know why I was brought here.

"You, Mr. Manx-Sandin," the scarred man says not breaking eye contact, "Are going to help me free our home."

TAG: Trieste, Everyone

19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • The Carratos Pirates decide to play an all road schedule while their home planet is under occupation by the self styled 'White Star Collation'
    • Senator Equvica Umbra of Carratos said in a statement that she supports this decision and will work tirelessly to bring her team back home
    • Pirates will play all games in road whites with black armbands
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard: "I am sad that recent events on Carratos will deprive that planet's populace of Elite League Limmie in 283. We've been able to rework the Pirates' schedule to accommodate their request to play on the road this season, should it come to that"
    • Lokensgaard added that the ELL does not interject in internal affairs of worlds: "We are not politicians and we are not policy makers"
    • Carratos marks the third world with domestic unrest in 283, joining the travel embargo on Rydonni Prime and the union strikes on Bakura
    • HSN analyst: "Despite what he says, Lokensgaard is going to have to walk very carefully this season in dealing with these situations. He'll need a flawlessly executed ELL season to have any hope of coming out unscathed"
    Revised 283 Elite League Limmie Schedule

Week 1
    Chandrila Patriots at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Jakku Junkers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners
    Mando'ade Mercs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Coruscant Senators
    Denon Demons at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

Week 2
    Jakku Junkers at Chandrila Patriots
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Bakura Miners
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators
    Denon Demons at Mando'ade Mercs

Week 3
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Bakura Miners at Chandrila Patriots
    Jakku Junkers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Mando'ade Mercs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Coruscant Senators
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Denon Demons

Week 4
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Bakura Miners
    Jakku Junkers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Chandrila Patriots
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Mando'ade Mercs
    Carratos Pirates at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Denon Demons at Coruscant Senators

Week 5
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Chandrila Patriots at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Bakura Miners at Jakku Junkers
    Coruscant Senators at Mando'ade Mercs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Denon Demons

Week 6
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Denon Demons
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Jakku Junkers at Coruscant Senators
    Mando'ade Mercs at Bakura Miners
    Carratos Pirates at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Chandrila Patriots at Ralltiir Starkillers

Week 7
    Carratos Pirates at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Mando'ade Mercs
    Chandrila Patriots at Coruscant Senators
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Bakura Miners at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers
    Jakku Junkers at Denon Demons

Week 8
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Mando'ade Mercs
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    Chandrila Patriots at Denon Demons
    Carratos Pirates at Jakku Junkers
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

Week 9
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando'ade Mercs
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Chandrila Patriots
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Jakku Junkers
    Bakura Miners at Denon Demons
    Coruscant Senators at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Stewjon Metropolitans

Week 10
    Coruscant Senators at Stewjon Metropolitans
    Mando'ade Mercs at Chandrila Patriots
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Jakku Junkers
    Denon Demons at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers

Week 11
    Denon Demons at Rydonni Prime Monarchs
    Carratos Pirates at Chandrila Patriots
    Mando'ade Mercs at Jakku Junkers
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators
    Bakura Miners at Ralltiir Starkillers
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn[/b

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    New Character

Name: Kala Fani Alaree
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 255
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Relation to Team: Owner
    Description:

[​IMG]

Biography: Kala Alaree has always known wealth. Her father, the great Tuck Alaree, established Alaree Corp., one of the Core region’s biggest legal mining operations. His fortune knew no bounds, and his business practices always hinged on making an extra credit here or there. Some considered him a genius, and others thought of him with spite for exploiting available labor to make his fortune. Kala grew up in this vein as Tuck’s only child, and thus she was doted on with all available financial means.

With Tuck’s passing when Kala was a teenager, his family fortune passed on to her through her father’s will. With deep pockets, Kala set out to make a name for herself in the galaxy. Taking over her father’s company at the age of 21, she found new ways to continue the innovation at Alaree Corp. that allowed it to continue expanding. She was considered a rising star in the Core-world economy.

Most of all, she was a Limmie fan. Her father raised her with an intense passion for the sport and for his beloved Corellia Rebels. When the Rebels made it to the Elite League in the early 270s, it seemed like they were there to stay. But after a few mostly unsuccessful years, they were relegated to the Premier League. Kala was put-out, but not completely deterred. She bided her time until she could find a way to get back into the Elite League with personal interest. When the Andromeda Corporation decided to sell the Coruscant Senators, Kala pounced on the opportunity. If her beloved Rebels couldn’t be in the Elite League, she had her own squad that could compete for a Galactic Cup title.

Her bubbly nature and natural sense of persuasion have made her many admirers, but also some feel as though she is sickeningly sweet. She has gone by the motto of “I get what I want”, and that has always been true for her. Either through charm, money, or some of both, she always manages to get ahead in each scenario she is faced with. She has been able to snag several high-profile individuals to join her newly-purchased organization in hopes that they can bring her a championship, and she is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

But, deep down, it can never be all wine and roses for her, no matter how hard she tries. Something keeps eating at her, something her charm, wit, and money can’t fix. She may be rich, but she’s not perfect.

21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Hapes Consortium Buccaneers announce that they will split all revenue from Week 2 Bucs–Pirates game 50-50 with Carratos, as game was originally scheduled to be played on Carratos
    • Head coach and general manager Leota Avoy says that "it's the right thing to do" and hopes that other teams will follow suit, in order to keep the Pirates financially solvent despite the lack of revenue from home games
    • Assistant captain Tendra Nalo suggests in a social media post that the League ought to enforce such arrangements "for the good of not only Carratos, but the health of the League as a whole"
    TAG: jcgoble3 galactic-vagabond422

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners join Buccaneers in profit-sharing agreement with Carratos
    • Miners Chairwoman Regan Eldred: "We weren't supposed to host Carratos this year. This will wind up being the second of three consecutive six home game seasons for us as a result. We will try to return as much of the profits over our operating costs for the game to Carratos"
    • Eldred noted the Miners played 210 and 246 on all-road schedules and "only survived due to the beneficence of their fellow ELL teams, especially in 210 after the Sith invasion of Bakura"
    • Miners will institute a buy-back program for tickets to enable Pirates fans to purchase season tickets at face value for the game
    • HSN Analyst: "Considering the Pirates play the Miners in Week 10 and the fact that the Miners are fielding what is--let's be honest--a JV squad, Miner season ticket holders could be falling all over themselves to sell their tickets back by Week 10. Heck, this might wind up feeling like a home game for the Pirates with the way this season is probably going"
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422

24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Rowdy Roosey
    Training Camp

Playing for your Elite League life was no picnic. In fact, Rowdy had never realized how intense things might be. Yes she was a champion with the Force from the prior season, but that meant nothing now. Everyone on the practice fields wanted to make the Senators out of camp, and all were willing to fight for it. Some players had their spots locked up and were taking things a little slower as they rounded themselves into shape, but those who were fighting for a roster spot were going at it with each other. Sometimes it would get a little chippy.

Rowdy was working to make the team as a forward, as she had been with the Force. But the problem was the amount of competition. The issue was this: she had no defined position on the field. Frankly, “forward” was the best way to describe where she fit in. And that could easily come back to hurt her, because the Senators liked to run the traditional 2-6-4 alignment on the roster in regards to forwards on the active roster. 2 full forwards, 6 half forwards, and 4 corner forwards would make the roster, and many of those spots were already claimed. Team captain Leia Adama had her spot, Zuzu Nuun did, Ehlers, Cellen, Montego, and Pin all had spots locked in. The fight would be for the remaining few spots, and the amount of players vying for those roster slots was larger than Rowdy liked. There were simply too many players. Someone would get bumped, and she hoped it wasn’t her.

Over the first week, Rowdy had seen most of her reps with the Force as the rosters were kept similar to the prior season’s lineups. The coaching staff wanted to see what they had in their players against their old teammates, and then decisions would be made as to whether to call up or send down players to the other camp. Rowdy tried to make sure that she was on top of things in the Force camp, but Jenica Lopaki was looking good. The new coach’s daughter saw a golden opportunity to make her mark in the Elite League after getting a taste the prior season, oddly enough in a game against her father’s team. But it had been a brief stop, just one game in length before she got sent down again. Callie Polarez had some ELL experience, but she wanted in; Lisha Larring, who Rowdy was sharing a room with, also wanted in. Everyone wanted in.

If Rowdy wanted to be a full forward, there was no way in. After Adama, there was depth behind her. Corner forwards had Nuun and Pin as the starters. Half forward was the big ticket to get onto the roster, but the additions of Woody Wakes and Gargova Broussard in the offseason had clouded that path. “The Sheriff” Wakes had a good team mentality, and Rowdy could tell that the coaches really liked him. Broussard had plenty of experience to bring to the table, and cutting her would likely be hard for the Senators given that playing time in her past. Would the Senators make an exception and do what the Mercs did and carry extra players on the roster? There was no rule against doing such a thing, but 30 players was a traditional roster, and the Senators always stuck to tradition. Could Rowdy make it given those constraints?

The second week saw some movement on both sides. Rowdy found herself called up to Senators camp to start the week with Lopaki and Polarez, but she quickly was bounced back down when Lopaki took off performance-wise. The gap seemed to be widening already, with Lopaki putting together a good effort to please her father and make her mark. Rowdy knew she would have to fight harder. She put that much more into her work, and finally earned another call-up.

The pundits at camp seemed to suggest that there was a three-way battle for a backup half forward spot. Lopaki, Wakes, and Broussard all wanted that roster spot, and all three were putting in the requisite effort to make it. Someone would get the spot, and the others would lose out. Broussard likely would get cut and find an opportunity elsewhere given her experience, Wakes had a way out with the Force to develop his skills, but Lopaki was out of options. She had to make the team, or else she likely never would. That was the LFL “lifer” problem; Lopaki had played many seasons in the LFL already, and had only one ELL game to show for all that work. Without ELL experience, Premier League offers would likely be thin, and she might not get a better gig than returning to the Force for another season. And she likely would feel like she let herself down for failing to make her father proud of her. But that was the nature of competition; the more you wanted something, the harder you were willing to fight for it.

Rowdy began the third week with the Senators, but the coaches were already meeting to speak about their roster. Larring had already been sent back to the Force, and likely was done for this camp in terms of making the Senators’ roster. Wakes was making headway, and Broussard was falling off a bit. She was likely done. But Lopaki kept at it, and she seemed to be the front-runner to take the backup half forward spot. And she was earning it, not just because her father was making some of the personnel decisions.

On the other side of things, Hela Montego, whom Rowdy had run afoul of the prior offseason, was easily dominating her position battle with Loryyk Fey’limm for a starting half forward position. The second-year pro would likely make the roster, and likely be a starter. It was good for her, since she was a rough-and-tumble player like Rowdy was. She would add a new dimension to the Senator offense. But it was tough for Rowdy to see Montego do so well and not be able to match it. No matter what she did, there was always another player in front of her to block her progress. It was frustrating, to say the least.

At one point in the third week of practice, Coach Lopaki came up to her. “I hear you’ve played some defense before,” he said.

“I played wherever I could get minutes,” Rowdy said.

“Would you like to try your hand at the defensive camp?” Lopaki asked.

“Will it help my chances of making the team?”

“You never know. We might look for a utility player, but only if the right one comes along. Do you want to take that chance?”

“I’ll take it!” Rowdy exclaimed. Maybe she had a chance after all?

It meant that the work was just beginning.

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Starkillers release statement from Madelyne Till: "Our ELL franchise is a business, we are in business to help those on our own planet. We recognize the entertainment Limmie gives our fellow citizens is not always enough. We sincerely hope the crisis on Carratos can be solved swiftly with minimal to no loss of life. However, we have decided not to give our hard earned credits to another franchise. Half of the profits earned during the Pirates Starkillers game played on Ralltiir during week 4 will go directly to education, food and clothing for those in need here on our own home world of Ralltiir"
    • Lilly Vehn of Smugglers opines: "The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers will not, I repeat, will not aid the Carratos Pirates in any way, shape, or form this season. Unlike other franchises, we do not have the ability to be sharing profits with our rivals. I propose that we play our game at a neutral site of the league's choosing"
    • ELL says they will look into alternate venues with the aid of the Smugglers and Pirates for their Week 7 tilt
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Runjedirun Vehn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.