main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners and Carratos Pirates announce that their Week 3 will be the first officially recognized rivalry meeting between the two teams after their Galactic Cup Final clash
    • Team officials when asked what the name of the rivalry will be: "Uhhhhh...we're working on that"
    • Team officials when asked if there will be a trophy: "Yeahhhhhhhhhhh...we've got a few ideas. We're...ummm...market testing some right now"
    • Rurra Eshka'mos sums up situation: "You have got to be freaking kidding me"
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422

2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Tamon Kutel
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

There was nothing like Opening Day.

The offseason was over. Limmie was back. The long wait was over. For the Junkers, who had finished last in the Solo Conference and ahead of only the winless Patriots, it had been a very long first offseason. Though for the team the offseason had been short, it had been long in its own way coming after the first loss in the Final in decades. None of the players or coaches here today had been part of that team (though, oddly enough, the team physician had been), so paradoxically their wait had been even longer than that of the Junkers for this first game of the ELL season.

For all the time that T.K. had spent in Bakura Gardens in his life, he’d never spent any of it in the public areas that were part of the fans’ experience. He’d seen the plants that decorated the concourses, overflowing their planter boxes, from afar but only now did he get to see them up close. It made the stadium, once again the shoebox of the league with Stoney End Park relegated, seem organic and alive. It was welcoming.

With his press pass around his neck and camera in hand, Tamon didn’t look that much different from any other fan. After all, his press pass could easily double for a season ticket at the end of a lanyard, something that he saw several fans wore. Most tickets sold for Miner games were season tickets, some even handed down from parent to child.

There were plenty of families with young kids. With only five or six home games a year, it might be the highlight of a child’s year to come to a Miners game. Tamon took a few pictures of these happy gatherings, buoyed by early season optimism.

Closer to the game, he went down to field level to get to the good stuff. After all, anyone in the building could take pictures in the concourse. Only T.K. and holojournalists could take pictures on the field.

When the Miners ran out of the tunnel, they were clearly riding high on their preseason victory on Naboo. Sure, they’d allowed the Ducks to put up a passel of points on them, but they had done what they were used to doing as Miners: putting up a passel and a half of points on other teams. They had gotten the feeling again and there was no better way to come into Opening Day than to have that feeling.

Before the game began, the oddest pregame ceremony that T.K. would likely ever see took place. It involved the unveiling of the updated Solo Conference Championship banner. The rule for the Miners was that only one achievement got an individual banner: a Galactic Cup championship. Everything else, like playoff appearances and Commissioner’s Trophies, got one banner with a list of years on it. The Solo Conference Championship banner now had four years listed on it: 271, 275, 277, and 283.

None of the players in uniform today had done anything to earn this banner. Today’s ceremony was not recognizing what they’d done, but rather what the franchise had done while they were sitting at home. Even the 13 Bimm players who had done the most to earn it were not present for the unveiling. They had their own games to play now. The only beings from the 283 team who were on hand was team physician Han Tunross, Orlon Kandarar, and Dash Stonlon, who was available only because Tiarest University was located in Salis D’aar and he didn’t have far to travel to make the game. Unfortunately, his first time out with the Tiarest Burgundy had not gone nearly as well as his opener with the Miners.

Tamon wondered what the 15 starters must be thinking. 12 of them would have played last season if they had been active. Would they have won that Solo Conference Championship? Would they have won the Cup against Carratos? Was that banner a reminder that last year could have been their year? Was it a challenge? Was it an expectation set too high? Was this the most awkward thing since junior prom?

The Miners had gotten their feet back under them with the road win on Naboo, but even though the Ducks were a top tier pro limmie program, they were not an Elite League program. Jakku might have finished last in the Solo Conference last season, but you didn’t stay in the ELL because the galaxy gave out personality points. If anything, the Junkers had to come into this game thinking that they had a shot to turn things around. After all, they’d only lost to the Miners the last time around in double overtime. That was the sort of thing you remembered during an offseason. The message in the locker room was probably clear: “We’ve got a season of experience under us and we nearly had the Miners beat last time. Let’s go finish the job now.”

Except it turned out the Miners had other ideas about that. The Naboo game hadn’t been a fluke, a lucky first outing after the long break. The Miners went right back to work, especially on offense. The Junkers defense was certainly better than that of the Ducks, which was to be expected, but the Miners were still finding the openings and making their shots. Gared Joff was getting touches, but Valerii wasn’t throwing everything onto his shoulders quite yet. She was still spreading around the wealth in her front six. After all, in an offense with veterans like Deenever and Alesh and journeymen like Beckman and Clarette, Goff didn’t have to be the player. It was a good way of working his way up to full capacity in the ELL.

“Isn’t this exciting?!”

Tamon nearly jumped out of his skin. He probably took about six holos of the sky in his surprise at the sudden energetic voice next to him.

“What are you, a ninja?” Tamon asked. “Never heard you coming.”

“Ninja? What? No. I mean, ninjas aren’t real,” Kira, the executive assistant to the general manager, said.

“Then you must have some stealth technology going on because I swear you weren’t there until a second ago,” Tamon insisted.

“You’re hilarious. Has anyone ever told you that?” Kira said.

“Just beings in bars who want to sleep with me, so yeah, a lot of beings,” Tamon said with a smile.

“Is there such a thing as a forehanded compliment? Because I think you just gave yourself one.”

“Nah, I’m just really flexible so I can pat myself on the back,” Tamon replied. He turned back towards the field to get ready for the next holo-worthy moment. “So, what are you doing down here? Shouldn’t you be at the beck and call of the Mighty Quinn?”

“Oh, he doesn’t care where I am, just as long as I’m there when he needs me,” Kira said.

“Most beings would be scared to be outside of earshot of him in your situation, let alone down here on the field,” Tamon said.

“I’ve gotten good at anticipating his needs. He’s pretty locked into the game until halftime. He’s like a mynock on a power cable during a game,” Kira explained. “He kind of just sits there during a game, absorbing. It’s almost like he’s too calm.”

“Ask his datapads about that,” Tamon remarked.

“Huh?”

“Never mind. Before your time.”

Just then, Kutel’s attention turned towards the field. Joff got hit hard and Tamon captured the moment.

[​IMG]

Though Joff went to the turf, he held onto the bolo-ball and got up, seemingly without a worry in the world. Before another Junker defender could make it to him, he passed the ball back to Alesh and the Miner offensive zone cycle restarted.

Tamon whistled low. “I’ve hit a lot of players over the years and I’ve seen them all get up afterwards, some quicker than others, some after a while. That was a big hit Joff took,” Tamon observed, “and he acted like it was nothing. Kid’s got guts. Cundertol may have known what he was doing when he took him.”

“Easy to get up from hits in the first game. He takes a lot more of those and it won’t be so easy,” Kira said worriedly. “He needs better protection.”

“What do you think Valerii should do? Put a line of defenders in front of him? Yeah, like that would ever work,” Tamon scoffed.

“I’m just here to get the caf, not to coach the team,” Kira said. She suddenly blinked. “Maker! Caf!” And she was off like a shot.

“Guess the Dragon likes some mid-first half caf,” T.K. chuckled.

TAG: None

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard rumored to be romantically involved with "pop princess" Jane Serena Trieste
    • Lokensgaard and Trieste had a "dance off" at a Coruscant Metropolitan Opera gala
    • Pair were later photographed kissing on the beach on Empress Teta
    • ELL PR has no comment: "This is a personal matter for the Comissioner, not a League matter"
    • HSN Analyst: "Oh for Force sake. As if the League wasn't already making love to the Miners, now it's going to physically do so"
    TAG: None

Vehn, jcgoble3, CPL_Macja and 2 others like this.
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Second week of college limmie this season and it seems most school are still feeling their way through the competition as we see who floats to the top."

"Tiarest University had a bounce back win 26-21 against the heavily favored Pioneers of UB Telaan Valley giving Coach Stonlon his first college win after coaching the Bakura Miners all the way to the ELL finals last season."

"Here at home, KMI continued their winning ways taking care of Verpine Tech 13-9"

"Out in the S-16 The Ord Sabaok University StarBucks handled National U 22-8."

"Go BUCKS!"

"Number 4 Dac State took care of Theed University on Naboo 34-20 in a high scoring affair."

"And Norand University, Carratos took control of the Veragi League beating Ralltiir 18-15."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top Ten after Week 2:

1. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    2. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    4. Dac State University
    5. Grand Vulptur System University
    6. Chandrila A&M University
    7. UB Salis D'aar
    8. Norand University, Carratos
    9. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    10. Mos Eisly University, Tatooine
    11. Imperial College of Bastion
    12. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    13. University of Csilla
    14. Royal College of Hapes
    15. Druckenwell Technical University
    16. University of Kashyyyk
    17. University of Devaron
    18. University of Zeltros
    19. Taanab A&M University
    20. The Ord Sabaok University
    21. Cloud City University, Bespin
    22. Druckenwell Technical University
    23. UB Telaan Valley
    24. Balmorra State University
    25. University of Denon

TAG: no one/everyone

Trieste likes this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

284 Week 2 Results

Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Bakura Miners (8-37)
    Jakku Junkers at Carratos Pirates (23-13)
    Coruscant Senators at Dac Mariners (1-15)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Denon Demons (9-7)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Ralltiir Starkillers (6-25)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (34-25)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  6. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

LFL 284 Opening Day Scores

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Druckenwell (28), Concorida (30), Thyferra (30), Sandkimmers (28)

Week 1 Results
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (6-17)
    Thyferra Force @ Concordia Crusaders (14-13)
    Byblos Red Wings @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (4-27)

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • The Smugglers and Starkillers will debut a new rivalry when the Smugglers visit Financial Square Arena this Sunday. These two historical franchises who met up in the '82 final and played what may be considered the most "old school" defensive Limmie battle in history. They also have state of the art stadiums and innovative leaders bringing important "new school" elements to the game. This year's match up with be the first in their series to be called the "Textbook Rivalry". The loser will be "schooled" and hold onto a trophy that looks like a stack of school books
    TAG: Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victooooooory afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh..."

"Two and oh!"

"...baby do we have a show for you. Mercs had another good showing on the road..."

"Two and oh."

"Going now to...yeah you said that already."

"Just wanted to make sure I said it before you did."

"Does that matter?"

"Does to me."

"OK, well like you said Mercs went to..."

"Two and oh!"

"...two and oh on the season. Really?"

"Really, really."

"You're nuts."

"I know."

"Anyway, Mercs went to...... Two and oh on the season largely in part due to contributions from forward La'Broan Jaing and one of the better scoring midfielders in the league Kyr Irvin."

"Don't forget Lovnivek, he didn't score a whole lot, but he seemed to scoop up nearly every miss that Antilles didn;t grab giving the Mercs extra offensive possessions down on that end of the field."

"Yeah he was a beast down there, and the Mercs needed it because the Monarchs completely shut down last years MVP Fu Arock throughout the match."

"Scored only three points in the game, and yeah they just frustrated him all night."

"Thankfully though Irvin and Jaing stepped it up and combined for 27 of the Mercs 34 points and the Monarchs really just had no answer for them."

"Jaing is a unique talent, able to score certainly as this game showed, but usually he's used as the facilitator, leading the team in assists last season, while Arock gets the majority of the points. With him getting shut down though, Jaing recognized the situation and really stepped up."

"Yeah he did, and thank goodness because this was a Monarch's team that just wouldn't quit."

"Well they scored more than half their points when Stargazer was in the net."

"Yeah, she looked so good in limited action last week, but this week, Rydonni Prime made her look horrible."

"Gave up 15 points in just 15 minutes of action."

"Think it was a mistake to let her start the second half with the way she finsihed the first?"

"Well Coach Kor'le said she would have to learn to deal with adversity here in her first year in the league, and she did."

"Well, she had adversity, not sure she really dealt with it."

"She did, I mean she could have done better. I think Coach Kor'le wanted to give her a chance to end on a high note after giving up points to end the half, and it nearly backfired."

"Just glad that we still have Katan to reply on in crunch time."

"Yeah me too, and when he came back in the game he really helped to shut down their offense late in the second half."

"Stargazer was getting better..."

"Well..."

"...not great, but better."

"You think we would have the win if we had left her in?"

"Maybe, it would have been a lot closer, that's for sure, but I don't think Jaing was going to let the Monarchs win that game, or the Cross Pistol trophy, this season."

"Jaing, that man. The ultimate warrior I tell you, the ultimate warrior..."

TAG: CPL_Macja

OOC: Sticking with my Calder Cup/Lake Erie Monsters music for the season, but this post inspired by the 2016 NBA Champion Cleveland Cavaliers. Two trophies, one house. The last time the Calder Cup was won by a Cleveland team was 1964 and the Browns won the NFL title, the last title in NE Ohio until the Cavs won it a few days ago, just over a week after the Monsters brought the Calder Cup back to Cleveland and the Q. The Curse is broken, and the Calder Cup was a part of it. :p

9. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Eamon Shade
    Arcadia Colosseum, O'pahz, Carratos

Smoke curled up from the cigarette that dangled from Shade's mouth as he approached the tower edifice that is the new stadium for the Pirates. Coming closer he snuffed his cigarette and dropped it into the trash. He'd cleared his visit with the front office but, he couldn't help but, notice the numerous guards around the place. He'd heard a few rumors that a few fans were…displeased with the Pirates' performance as of late. With what Carratos has been thought recently one cannot be too careful it seems. He gave a nod to the OSF officers at the entrance and then to the black shirted Star Dragons on the inside.

It was no secret that the once mighty Star Dragons were severely weakened by the Occupation. This lead to power struggles within the darkest parts of the city. Each faction trying to better their position from before the cataclysm the 'White Star' brought. The news did their best not to give too much press to the killings, keeping the 'civilians' blissfully unaware. Carratos had been changing, for the better, now, while on the outside things looked normal, underneath it was all out war. The OSF was cracking down as well, a special task force lead by Philip Radwinter had been formed to go after trouble makers, those that break the unspoken rules of this planet.

Those fears seemed far away from the growing legend that is 'One Eye' Logan Manx-Sandin. Though Shade was sure that he had fears of his own, losing three games straight at their new home can't be a good way to start a season. His face wore a grim mask of determination as he looked over his players. They were running some kind of drill but, the investigator couldn't make heads or tails of it at the moment. Shade stood off to the side letting the practice continue silently wishing the team luck in their upcoming game. This planet needed a win and soon, something to get excited about.

"Step it up." Logan called out, "We've got a big game against the Miners, the real Miners. So no slacking alright." An affirmative response came from most of the players but, one was a little quiet and lackadaisical, a young woman with bright red hair. "Ariel," Coach Manx-Sandin shouted towards the player, "You hear me." the only response he seemed to get out of her was a nod of her head. Shade felt annoyance roll off the hoverchair bound man, looked like he was having a rough season. The Balosar waited for another half-hour just watching the team work. He wasn't sure if it was going well or not but, the anxiety coming from Logan told him at the very least he wasn't pleased. "Ok guys, pack it up, we head out to Bakura tomorrow morning. Go home get some sleep and be ready for more practice."

He turned away to see Shade leaning against a back wall. "You Shade?" he asked,

"Yes, Eamon Shade." The P.I answered with a nod of his head.

"Follow me." The Hero of Carratos, it's what the people call him whether he likes it or not, moves towards a room at the back of the locker room. Once inside he sets himself behind a desk, pressing a button on it. The door closed automatically behind Shade. "Front office said you had some questions about Cutty?" Logan started after taking a deep breath to center himself. The harsh face and tone seemed to disappear but, the Balosar could still feel his anxiety.

"Just trying to find out where she would go, learn her habits."

"To be honest, I haven't spent a lot of time getting to know her, her first year I was…" he looks away rubbing his arm, "not there, and she wasn't there half the time during this year's training camp, made it hard to talk to her."

"So she was already distancing herself from the team? Does this have anything to do with her being passed over for the 'Rookie of the Year' Award?" Eamon took a seat across from the coach.

"You mean Ingbrand Award," Logan corrected, arching his brow, "It's possible, I was shocked as well when she wasn't nominated. After putting in so much work to have it ripped away from you and not even acknowledged, that hurts but, I thought someone as focused as her would power through. She won the Galactic Cup in her rookie season, that's something I didn't pull off." Almost subconsciously he rubbed his legs. Eamon could read his face, it still stung him, not being able to play. "But, I did kinda go a little off the rails when I was dealing with losing my legs." Logan hung his head, "Sorry I'm getting off topic. Well you could check the 'Stacked Deck' it's we like to hang out after practices, maybe someone there saw her more recently. You can also talk to Leigh, she sort of the mentor to the younger forwards, she might have more insights." He moved to the side of the desk and opened the door with the control. His hand extended gesturing towards the door, his subtle way of ending the interview, Shade had gotten most of what he needed. Maybe this player was just going on an extended bender, been known to happen.

Out in the locker room most of the players were cooling down or taking showers. The young woman with deep red hair looked to be moving quickly towards the exit.

"Ariel," Logan barked from behind Eamon, "My office."

The red haired being turned around with a sour look on her face. She dropped her bag on the ground with a thump and stomped toward the coach's office. Shade stepped out of the way and surveyed the room, he hadn't learned the roster quite yet so had no idea who Leigh was. Quietly he turned an Iktochi,

"Excuse me," the humanoid looked up with a curious expression, "Looking for Leigh?" The expression shifts to one of suspicion.

"What for?"

"I'm just looking to ask her a few questions about Miss. Evers-Sark." The look of worry hadn't left the other man's visage.

"She's over there," his pointed with a large hand, "just don't interrupt her." Shade nodded and moved over to a human woman in her mid-twenties, short cut blonde hair looking over a datapad. A deep smile bloomed on her face as she held back a laugh. She looked up still smiling, Eamon caught a flash of what she was looking at, it was a message, he couldn't read the text but, the picture was pretty clear, a young girl maybe nine or ten, with brown hair cut similarly to Leigh surrounded by others around her age all wearing limmie uniforms. Her face beamed with a broad smile that nearly closed her eyes. Under her right one, a brilliant red burn scar.

"Someone important?" Shade commented.

A small chuckle slipped between her lips, "Yeah, my biggest fan." Her defined features soften as she continued to smile. "You need something?"

"Hi, I'm Eamon Shade, and your boss asked me to look into your colleague's disappearance."

Her face soured just a little, sighing a little, "You must mean Cutty."

"Yes mam',"

"You can call me Leigh, and there isn't too much I can tell you."

"Anything can be helpful, even if it's just some extra insights into her character."

"Well, I'll see what I can do." A few players milled about many having left already, Shade clocked two players in particular looking his way, the Iktochi that had pointed him towards Leigh and another red haired human woman, this one older, if only slightly, than Ariel. Leigh gestured to an empty bench next to her, the name on the stall was for a Tian Huo but, it appeared they had left already. "Cutty, from what I know, is very determined probably more than any player I've seen. She could also be a little entitled, she believed that the work she'd put in meant she should receive all the praise. That just because she worked harder than anyone else she should be the one everyone talked about. When she didn't get that recognition it shattered her and to lose to Ariel, the person that epitomizes everything Cutty despises, broke her even more." Leigh hung her head a little, "I maybe should have stepped up a bit more, told her that she still worked really hard, and drove all of us to play better." Another exasperated breath, "This whole being a leader thing, I never really asked for it, still figuring it out. Maybe if she was still with us, we wouldn't be in a two game hole."

"I'm getting off on another tangent. She liked to practice after hours, do some strength training, when everyone had left but, since about halfway through training camp I don't think anyone's seen her. She hung out with the team sometimes," another little laugh, "especially if it involved a competition. She never missed an opportunity to show us up. Other than those times she kept to herself, and just went home, or back to the hotel."

"So what you're saying is that if she was having trouble she wouldn't confide in anyone, tell them what was going on."

Leigh nodded her head, "I guess that's what I'm saying but, I could have tried harder, even though she didn't make it easy, I most certainly could have done more, or at least I feel I could. I just hope she's not in serious trouble." For the first time Shade felt fear, and a little pain come off her, had she been through something like this? "Anyway, that's about all I can tell you." Logan's door opened and Ariel stepped out, looking like a child that had just been scolded by a parent, "Well I'm going to go try and be a better leader, excuse me." Eamon smiled a little, she might have been young but, Leigh seemed to be a little more mature, well more than he was at that age. She put her arm around her younger teammate and smiled trying to lighten the mood. The investigator took his leave.

Finding Miss. Evers-Sark's apartment wasn't very hard, just a simple look up. It wasn't in a rundown area, but it wasn't Shield Towers, it was somewhere in the middle. A few unsavory types but, not in enough numbers to worry, not yet, with all the changes coming, things could be different. He knocked on the door, a long shot, he knew but, he could get lucky.

This was not his day it seemed as the door remained closed. He let out a sharp breath then slipped a small disk between the door and it's track. If it moved or jostled the disk, he'd know about it by an alert on his datapad.

With nothing much left to do for the day he plugged in his head phones and started listening to what was slowly becoming an interesting show for him.

"AAAAARRRRRR," Jonzz starts the Pirate Bay as he always does,

"And welcome to the Pirate Bay for this week," Jac follows after, "Thank ya' for listening in."

"Another hard loss for us at home against the Junkers, and once again the offense let us down and the defense lets them blow holes in our ship."

"Stop blowing holes in our ship." Jac almost shouted.

"I know friend, I know." The two presenters continue with their analysis of the game how Ariel continuing her lack luster play, and Leigh and the half backs having to make up the difference. Shade is finding that he's starting to understand what they are talking about when they get into the nitty gritty of strategies.

"You have failed this team!" Grene Arr'o rumbled again,

"And now it is time to wrap up the last game by putting blame where it belongs." Jonzz followed up.

"And I think this time I put it on the young forward, Ariel Taeping."

"I partially agree with you that if the offense had the punch they had last season we could have overcome the ten point deficient we found ourselves in, and the major engine of the offense was Miss. Taeping but just as important was Miss. Evers-Sark, who's continued, unexplained absence baffles me."

"Maybe she's taking a leave of absence, and just hasn't told anyone yet."

"If we don't start winning soon, or if she doesn't show up, I'd suggest putting out a bounty for her, that'll get her back on board quick."

"I don't think we need to go that far but, it is worrying her being gone so long." Jac's voice seemed to waver ever so slightly.

"Anyway, the Junkers are the past it's now time to look to the future, to the Miners."

"You mean the Triestes."

"Aren’t they the same?"

"At this point yes and with recent developments off the field,"

"Janerir" Jonzz said though a cough,

"Actually I prefer Triestegaard, but that’s not really pertinent now is it, with the Commissioner more or less in a relationship with the family that runs the team, it does weight things against us."

"That and the fact that we're no longer facing replacements, does seem to swing the pregame momentum towards the Miner/Triestes."

"Now to the most ridiculous thing about the game,"

"You mean more that a scandalous relationship between a pop star and our fair Commissioner." The Quarren added with mock surprise. "Do go on friend."

"It's the Rivalry thing, savvy. It makes no sense. Other than a meeting in the finals last year there have been no important games played between us and the team from Bakura."

"Whereas with the Mercs, our first year we kept them out of the playoffs, that birthed probably one of the most exciting rivalries in Limmie."

"And with the Smugglers, they were always a threat and a conference rival, a big team against us the little guys. That Rivalry came to a head in the Conference Finals in 282."

"Yes when Boutros nearly came to blows with Lerouex. An important game that one."

"I guess it's time to talk about the Gundark in the room then, the C-Bucs."

"Yes the publicity stunt the keeps on giving. But, I don't mind it as much as I do this new one."

"Really, it was established on a lark, just on the similarity of the names."

"But, at least has a catchy title, the Marauder Melee, really rolls off the tongue."

"Well not yours Da'vvy."

"But you get my point. It's at the very least interesting how they branded it and all the pageantry that surrounds it, the Cutthroat Cranival that precedes the game and the Swashbuckler Soirée afterwards. It all fits into a nice heavily branded package." Jonzz took a moment to breathe before continuing. "This with the Miners,"

"Triestes,"

"Has none of that, I mean what are they going to call it."

"The Jar of Dirt Game." Jac blurted out, not giving it half a thought. The wave cast becomes nothing but laughter.

"And what do the teams do if they win." Jonzz said between fits of laughter.

"Easy," Jac followed up fighting back his out laughs, "They just prance around the field saying 'I've got a jar of dirt.'" They continue laughing for a full minute straight, saying 'I've got a jar of dirt' many times, so much so that even Shade, who couldn't care less about limmie was actually smiling.

"So anyway time for the final segment," Jonzz warbled finally getting control of himself,

"Why's the rum gone!" Jac shouted,

"Yes, this week brought to you by, Captain Mor'ragann, Drink like a pirate."

"Well," Sparr'o jumped in not waiting for his colleague to speak first, "we're going to have a tough fight ahead of us but, I still think that the Pirates offense will find its feet and finally put a mark in the win column for us."

"I think the defense is going to let us down again and that the offense will get stymied by the strong Miner/Treiste defense."

"I guess will have to see at the end of this week."

"That we will friend, See you Scallywags then."

"Da'vvy, seriously why's the rum gone."

"Didn't you hear, some Miner's fans came and drank it all."

"Those cheeky b…." the show ended before Sparr'o could finish the sentence.

TAG: Trieste

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Pirates and Miners agree to call their newly-formed matchup the "Jar of Dirt Game" after O'phaz wavecast show suggests the name
    • Unclear if name was suggested solely in jest
    • Pirates organization supports making an actual jar of dirt the game trophy: "We believe that a vessel containing both the soil of Carratos and Bakura is an important symbol for the planets being that both have had to fight against invaders and occupying forces. Literally fighting for they own 'dirt'. This honors those that fought for their homes and families in these conflicts, and represents the hard struggle both peoples put up for even the smallest part of their Identity"
    • According to internal reports, Horst Penn declares this "the greatest idea ever"
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  11. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

Tamon had already gone through one memory card and the first half wasn’t over. It was going to be one of those days.

The Miners were playing classic power offense boloball against the Bucs. Tamon still didn’t understand how they were doing it, coming back from two years off the pitch, two years without taking a real hit, and playing like this. But they were doing it and were they ever doing it.

The Buccaneers had made major steps forward as a franchise in the last few seasons. Leota Avoy had turned them around (for which she’d been honored with a Grames Award) and, while Tamon knew that limmie was more complicated than one-to-one correlations, it had started at just about the moment that the Bucs brought males onto their team. In olden days they’d had no trouble racking up championships with all-female squads but in this age of limmie the Bucs had been a step behind the competition until they’d brought in the dudes.

As Tamon snapped a picture of Michelle Doss picking the pocket of Cordell Beckman, he wondered how that first day in what had been an all-female locker room had gone. Probably not the way that Tamon fantasized.

The most intriguing thing about the game, at least from Tamon’s perspective, was the Meril line at half forward. The Bucs had conspired to collect all three triplets in the Draft in the most daring draft day plan that had been pulled off in seasons, perhaps ever. The Merils had been spread among the forward rankings, which made the decision even more daring. However, the combination of Trieste-Hervey-Qwan was keeping them pretty pinned down. Trieste was now the veteran of the team, having reached the ELL 10 years earlier. It was funny to think that the rookie he’d played with before leaving the Miners now was the experienced defender that was integral to the Miners’ success in the back half of the field.

“If I were Tendra Nalo, I would hate Horst Penn with a passion.”

Tamon didn’t jump at the sudden appearance of Kira the assistant this time. He was finally getting used to her appearing out of nowhere. Apparently that’s what executive assistants did.

“She just cannot beat him,” she finished.

“Sometimes you have a player’s number,” Tamon said, “and he’s had hers.”

“You ever have anyone’s number?”

“Nah. Everyone found new and inventive ways to make me look foolish,” Tamon laughed.

“I bet you looked gorgeous--I mean you looked good out there,” Kira said, hastily amending her statement.

Tamon smirked. “Well, I did look pretty good out there. Hey, you’ve the inside track. What’s up with the whole Carratos thing and the undefined rivalry?”

“Yeah…” Kira said, scratching the back of her neck. “I wouldn’t bring that up with Quinn right now. Apparently somebody announced it without talking to him because they wanted to get in front of the news cycle and they didn’t exactly clear it with him.”

“And Quinn loves things that aren’t in his control.”

“I now understand what you said last week about the datapad thing.”

“Hold up,” Tamon said, stopping her. “The Miners are shifting their offensive set.”

“How do you mean?”

“They’ve brought the corner forwards a little forward and they’ve dropped Niskat back,” Tamon said. “Gaeri’s doing something different…” He ran through the possibilities. “I think she’s going to start featuring Joff.”

“Really?” Kira asked excitedly. This was the moment that Miner fans had been waiting for. They were about to find out if the Miners first-ever number one overall draft pick was going to be worth the price.

Sure enough, the next time the ball came up the field, Deenever passed to her fellow Golden Bear in the middle of the field. Thanks to protective picks set by Clarette and Beckman, Joff had time to set himself and throw without taking an immediate hit. The bolo-ball was out of his hands like a flash. It was one of the quickest releases that Tamon had seen. Ken Gatras had no chance to stop the precisely shot rocket to the corner.

[​IMG]

As Tamon captured the score, Kira put her arms up in celebration. “Yes!”

After Tamon had finished taking holos, he turned to Kira and put his hand out for a high five. “That was a beautiful score,” he said. At the same time, Kira started forward, almost as if she wanted to hug him, but she pulled up and slapped palms with him instead. It was about as awkward as a Whipid riding in a speeder built for a Jawa.

“Yeah...that was...awesome,” Kira said. “Looks like Quinn knew what he was doing.”

“Yeah...awesome,” Tamon said, the weird hug still lingering between them.

The larger the Miner lead got over the course of the game, the more Valerii turned to her rookie and put the boloball in his hands. The more she did, the more he scored. Gared Joff was the new blue and golden boy of the Miners.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

IC: Vera Grames
    Week Two
    Denon

Vera tensed as she watched the tight defensive battle play out in front of her. This was what the beautiful game was all about. Tight, hard fought, matches. Denon was matching every blow, every score, every move as Mylesa McCloud worked the sidelines, the rotations, and the strategy to gain the upper hand. Part of her wanted to get closer to the action, to see and feel the energy coursing through the players as they made their adjustments.

Then she reminded herself that she was an owner. That she kept the finances open. That she paid the salaries of those players who represented the Smugglers on the pitch. She was not a coach. She was not a player and she was definitely not a general manager. She was an owner. In other words: stay out.

She sat up as Shady Lerouex received the ball after a Erin Windreaver hit that forced a turnover. The league's dirtiest player charged up toward the Demons juking left, juking right, seemingly unstoppable. She reared back to fire and shovel passed to Mick Steele for the go ahead score. The move leaving the Denon goalkeeper flabbergasted.

The buzzer sounded.

The Smugglers won.

Vera pumped her fist as the team notched its first victory of the season against a challenging squad from Denon.

New Vertica
    Nar Shaddaa

"I have several proposals for you to look over," Vera's secretary announced.

"Put them on the stack right over there," Vera said as she rubbed her eyes.

She'd spent another night pouring over the financial data for the team. Overall the data was showing that the team was having a strong fiscal year. That was good. Fortunately corporate taxes on Nar Shaddaa were business friendly. Not as friendly as Druckenwell or Kamino but headed in the right direction. She'd hate to think of what they'd be like on Naboo or Enarc. Worlds traditionally opposed to a corporate presence.

"I think you'll want to see these two," her secretary pressed.

Vera looked over the first proposal. A formal letter from the Ralltiir Starkillers requesting a rivalry game with the Smugglers. She leaned back in her chair and stared out at the busy traffic that was always present. She quickly rattled off the rivalries the Smugglers currently had: The Black and Blue Battle with Bakura, the Game of Rivals with Mando'ade, the Rim War with Coruscant, the Blood Bowl with Tatooine, the Burgundy and Green Brawl with Chandrila, and now this latest proposal which was to be known as the Textbook Rivalry. Two of the rivalries were defunct and dormant.

Ralltiir was a tough team for Nar Shaddaa. It was a merciful thing they were not in the same conference because the Starkillers had proven themselves capable of taking down the old guard from the Vertical City time and time again. The '82 Final had been thrilling, challenging, and equally devastating all at the same time. It had changed the way the galaxy viewed the franchise owned by the Vigo's. It had changed the way the galaxy had viewed the dominance of the Smugglers in the finals for the last 19 years. A rivalry with them could be interesting. Would go a long way toward cementing a lasting connection. She respected the Vigo's. They were good people. They were a good family.

Vera put her finger to the datapad and signed the proposal. Rivalry approved. The loser would be schooled. Textbooks were the trophy. With the game against Ralltiir coming up later this week she was excited to think how this would impact the outcome. Anybody who'd gone through university knew the rigors of reading. She read less now than she used to as a result of her own education. That was partially by choice and partially by circumstance.

"Game on," Vera said quietly to herself after her secretary had left the office.

The second proposal was nothing new. In fact there had been numerous proposals such as the one in her hand ever since she'd taken ownership of the team. This proposal was from Rothana Heavy Industries, a major shipyard and military supplier for the Roon Federation, to have naming rights to Six Boroughs stadium. The offer was generous. 700 million credits spread out over 32 years. With funds like that the team would be in good financial shape for decades to come.

Vera spun in her chair until she was oriented toward Six Boroughs stadium. The lights were on as staff cleaned and prepped the field, the stands, and the concourse for the onslaught of bodies that were sure to show up for the Textbook Rivalry. A part of her seriously considered the request. The other part of her was weighed down by the responsibility to uphold tradition. Nar Shaddaa had prided itself on retaining the original naming rights despite corporate offers in the past. What would the fans think? What of the players? Could she sleep at night knowing that the stadium might be called, RHI Stadium at New Vertica? That was the proposed name and frankly it reeked of profit. It reeked of an unholy alliance.

She set the proposal aside and returned her thoughts to Ralltiir. If the defense played like they had against Denon it would be a valiant victory. If the offense was stymied as they had been against the Mando'ade Mercs, the franchise could be in for a long day.

One thing was for certain. It was hard being the owner of a professional franchise. One with so much history. One with so much to lose.

Tag: Runjedirun

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bat Vigo

Game Day, Morning, Cambrielle Suites, Downtown Cambrielle

She sits across from me at the table in the small hotel room. I told my wife I’d be leaving early to prep for today’s game against the Metropolitans. The woman across from me doesn’t ask what I told my wife. She’s never asked about my wife, my children or anything outside my life in this room. We sip our caf both naked as the day we were born. It’s a perfect morning.

After caf we have a wild time. When it’s over, I take a nap while she showers and studies for school. A few hours later I’m at the stadium lacing my cleats. Georgia brings the kids into the locker room before warm-ups to wish me luck. I kiss her long and hard, her lips taste like berry fizz. I almost scold her for drinking the fizz, then I remember she isn’t feeding Prince anymore. I always made Georgia watch her diet when she breast fed Prince.

He’s two years old now. We celebrated his birthday mid-week. I took him to the spaceport and took him up in my personal ship. We landed on Chandrilla for lunch and played at a park where we went unrecognized. The kind of afternoon we should be able to enjoy on our own planet without people pointing and judging. We flew back home in time for dinner at my mother’s. While the family ate I went to the stadium and met my fellow offensive teammates who had been nice enough to rearrange their days to practice in the evening. Kara even brings freshly baked cookies for me to share with my son as a gift. She promises they are the recipe with less sugar and I am reminded again what a good captain she makes for our team. Remembering every detail.

As Georgia leads the kids out of the locker room I watch Noah Till saunter in wearing an outfit straight off the runway of a fashion show. If that man couldn’t keep his hands off Wylla Sniider I would swear he’s the type to date other men. I like Noah though. He dances good and if his Uncle wasn’t the head coach he’d probably be on some backwater planet playing third string in a two bit league. Instead he’s been allowed the time to develop into a really decent defensive player. He’s quiet mostly, but on the field against opponents, he’s deadly.

The most quiet of them all is newcomer Padme McKenz. She seems to be holding something so I walk over by her locker. When I get closer she quickly closes her hand. “Watcha got there?” I ask curiously.

“Nothing.” She says squeezing her hand tightly. I grab her fist and pry it open. In her hand there’s an engagement ring. The rock is impressive in size.

“It’s an awfully big nothing,” I say picking up the ring. “My brother give this to you?” It’s no secret that Spencer has been dating Padme for a couple of years. My brother’s had his nose in a data pad for most of his life. I doubt he’d even know what to do with a woman once he’s married to her. “Why aren’t you wearing it?” I ask.

Padme grabs the ring back. “Your brother asked me to marry him. I couldn’t say yes. I don’t want to make a decision like that right now. I’m too young and I have too many opportunities as a Limmie player. I marry your brother and I’m a Starkiller for life.” She growls.

“So why do you have the ring?” I ask the obvious.

“He refused to take it back. I hurt him real bad. Have you heard from him? Is he okay?” She wants to know.

I shrug my shoulders. I haven’t heard from my brother. Last I heard Spencer was starting his own business on Tatooine. He sounded much too busy to be getting married. “Ask the water boy,” I tell Padme. Spencer was always closer with Tomas. I walk away from Padme and peer out the tunnel towards the field. It looks like they are starting to let fans into the stadium. I’m anxious to take the field. I notice Zonka pacing by his own locker. I go grab him by the shirt sleeve. “Let’s get out there,” I say. He and I jog out onto the field.

I’m feeling good. Really good. There is no better way to start a day than to spend it with a woman. There’s a bounce in my step and every practice shot I take goes directly into the net. In no time at all those practice shots become real shots as I put balls past Mets keeper Marlena Archdres. “Share the ball Vigo,” Kara Sureysh’s voice booms in my ear after a third consecutive goal in a third consecutive possession.

“Yea, yea,” I mumble under my breath.

“I heard that,” Sureysh replies. “You know if you get tackles, assists and scores your bonus is bigger this week.”

Seriously, who told her to tell me that? Why does she know the details of my contract? I’m a little miffed. Our defense makes short work of another Mets offensive drive. Sureysh wants me to make tackles and assists so when I collect a pass from Frokabuk and see that Dunerider is solidly covered by Linus Van Pelt I make a decision. I motion with a hand for Yolanda to break free pass the ball to her and pounce on Van Pelt. For good measure when our bodies are tangled on the turf I knee him in the groin area, so he’s slow to stand up.

It was fun, but I have to keep it clean after that move. If it happens again Linus will realize it wasn’t an accident. My stats continue to improve as we pound the Mets. We could be ahead by more if I was allowed to shoot more. I don’t mind though, I’m totally loving the way Van Pelt runs away as I try to tackle him again and again. What a wuss! I take him down several more times, even though the hits are clean they are hard and he’s beyond shaken.

Meanwhile the defense is doing much better than last week. Kaat is back in goal full time where she belongs and Noah Till is creating all kinds of havoc on the Mets offense. No one is missing Golden Boy. Hopefully that pale skin of his is peeling off in the pressure of the two suns on Tatooine. We are up 20-3 when our coaches begin to pull us starters out of the game. I have 12 points to my name, 4 goals. Tomas has counted 6 assists and 14 tackles.

My little brother is still skinny, but otherwise a full grown man. He played his first game since his speeder accident on Friday night. I kick his knees to watch and see if he flinches. “Kriff you!” He hollers. As I watch him scramble to keep our sideline orderly there’s no limp in his step. Satisfied I take a seat and immediately my head starts to pound.

At the press conference I praise our Coach’s decision to change up the defense and thank them for their guidance on offense. My head is throbbing. When I see Georgia in the hallway I burry it in her bosom. Her fingers knead the back of my head releasing some of the pressure. “You okay, baby?” She asks.

I shake my head no. We leave my speeder in the parking lot and I recline in the passenger seat next to her with the kids packed in the back. Her sister is waiting to help when we get home. I lie in bed for the rest of the night alternating 20 minutes with an ice pack on my head, 20 minutes without until finally I fall asleep. In the morning, I’m fine.

The week is relatively uneventful until a rivalry is announced between us and the Smugglers. A rivalry with a long explanation that probably came right out of the ass of one of my nerdy brothers. Which one I have no clue, and I really don’t care. I was going to smash the Smugglers to smithereens anyway. I don’t need the incentive of not walking away with some loser trophy.

The fans love it. My mom is making a huge profit on t-shirts, ball caps and even a poster that features my face. I make sure to study tape of the Smugglers previous games this season, practice hard and to book my favorite hotel room for the morning before the game.

TAG: Vehn

Vehn, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Well most of you probably saw it live, but KMI lost in rainy and blustery conditions on Mandalore to Imperial College of Bastion, but it took the Imperials OT to do it. Tied at seven at the end of regulation ICB pulls away late in the OT period to take home a 10-9 victory."

"KMI not the only team to fall victim to the upset bug. Heavily favored GVSU fell to Republican University 14-4 in a stunner."

"Not all the underdogs fared well though. UBSD went to work on an over matched Atalanta University to the tune of a 36-6 score. Golden Bears looking good so far this season."

"Cloud City University took their own upset hopes about as far as they could, but eventually fell 33-30 against University of Tatooine, Anchorhead in a shootout. UTA Forward Bill Hudsen after the final horn had sounded."

"Game over man, game over!"

"And in other news Chandrila A&M University wins a tight one at Citadel University of Anaxes 21-20."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top ten after Week 3:

2. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    4. Dac State University
    5. UB Salis D'aar
    6. Chandrila A&M University
    7. Norand University, Carrotos
    8. Mos Eisly University, Tatooine
    9. Imperial College of Bastion
    10. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    11. Druckenwell Technical University
    12. University of Zeltros
    13. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    14. The Ord Sabaok University
    15. Grand Vulptur System University
    16. University of Kashyyyk
    17. University of Devaron
    18. University of Csilla
    19. Royal College of Hapes
    20. University of Sanbra
    21. Balmorra State University
    22. University of Denon
    23. UB Telaan Valley
    24. Cloud City University, Bespin
    25. Taanab A&M University

Trieste and Vehn like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir as two new rivalries officially take off (and all four teams participating in them get bonus rolls so they should be great)!

284 Week 3 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Jakku Junkers (1-11)
    Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (24-13)
    Dac Mariners at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (29-19)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Denon Demons (20-19)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ralltiir Starkillers (18-28)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Stewjon Metropolitans (19-29)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  16. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Druckenwell (28), Concorida (285), Tatooine (28)

284 LFL Week Two Results

Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (18-28)
    Byblos Red Wings @ Atzerri Bandits (1-11)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (5-6)

Tags: Jedi Gunny Vehn CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! from downtown Keldabe, on a cold and rainy, Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Lots to do, lots to talk about."

"Going to have KMI Warriors head coach Ur'ban Me'yer on later in the show to discuss his team's first loss of the season."

"Man that was tough, to take it to overtime and then lose last second in the OT..."

"Yeah, it was tough. We'll also have on Doctor Jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se Pierce to talk about concussions..."

"Certainly relevant after yesterday's game."

"Well, why did you think we contacted him?"

"Oh. Yeah, that makes sense."

"And of course, we'll talk about the Mercs loss on Stewjon this weekend at the hands of the Stewjon Mets."

"Why do we always seem to lose to those guys?"

"Winless against them in their three regular season matchups."

"That's messed up..."

"Undefeated against them in our only playoff match up, which was last season."

"Well, I guess I would rather have the playoff win, but it won't matter much if our losses to them in the regular season keep us from the playoffs entirely."

"Sure, but c'mon, that was the last game of a hard three game road trip to start the season."

"It was, and if you had told me we would come out of that road trip at 2-1 right after that schedule was announced I would have been pretty happy with that."

"I think most fans would be."

"OK, so yeah, let's not lose sight of that, the Mercs are still playing pretty well, but man did this game get away from us."

"Well, it started with what I'm sure we'll talk with Doc Pierce about, concussions and Lovenivek."

"He took a hard shot, right to the head and I mean, anybody could see there was a problem right away."

"Yeah, he was clearly dinged up there, woozy and..."

"Dinged up? There was no way he could play, he could barely stand."

"Didn't stop him from trying though, luckily the team doctors stepped in and put him in the concussion protocol or he could have hurt himself even worse."

"He would have done us more harm than good out there anyway, Kor'le would have pulled him even if it weren't for the doctors."

"Sure, sure."

"Well his replacement in the game...the rookie whatshername..."

"Deltwagotolio."

"I'll never remember that."

"You remembered Jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se!"

"That was written down for me, doesn't she have a first name?"

"Toni."

"That's it, Toni?"

"Yup."

"OK, good. from now on i'll just call her Toni."

"Pathetic."

"Toni, didn't play poorly in Lovnivek's absence, but she didn't provide much spark either."

"Well it didn't help that for the second straight week Fu Arock was at least somewhat contained."

"He scored eight points, not really what i would call contained."

"Well, he didn't explode for double digits on them either, with Arock that's getting contained."

"I guess."

"Add in the Lovenivek injury which seemed to affect the rhythm of Jaing and it amounted to the Mercs offense only putting 19 on the board for the game."

"19 should have been enough against those guys...

"Yeah, but the Mets were handing it to us on the defensive end too."

"Katan looked tired between the posts in this one, 20 of the Mets 29 points were on his watch."

"Stargazer did no better, maybe even worse if you consider her nine points came in less than a third of the minutes Katan got."

"Think Kor'le's strategy of making sure Stargazer got minutes messed with Katan's own rhythm?"

"I don't know, maybe. I mean we were already losing when he got taken out late in the first half for Stargazer. It was close, but we were down. By the time he got back in to start the second half, the game was still in reach, but only if the Mercs had cut down on their turnovers, which were killing them all game."

"Those turnovers were bad, they just couldn't get the ball and keep it in the offensive zone..."

"Didn't help that they also had the defense then way out of position when the ball was getting turned over. that led to those fast breaks that neither Katan nor Stargazer could beat."

Yeah, I can't remember the last time the Mercs had that many turnovers."

"Ha'ran 23rd at..."

"I wasn't asking!"

"Fine."

"Beskar lining, they still only gave up 29 points."

"How is that?"

"With as badly as they played, they only gave up 29 and ended up losing by ten."

"Ten point loss is still not good."

"It was just an ugly, ugly game all around for the Mercs and we have to hope they put this one behind them quickly."

"Home opener coming up next week, against the Starkillers."

"They're 2-1 on the season as well, and coming off their own ten point win against that team from Nal Hutta's moon."

"Both teams will be fighting like strill and nexu to stay above .500 then and put themselves in good position for a playoff spot."

"Hey, no game in this league is easy, if it was, it wouldn't be worth it."

"Sure, sure."

"All right folks, we've got to go to break, but when we come back we'll get to your calls, I cans ee the comm lines are already lit up. Don't forget that in the bottom half of the hour we'll have Doctor...let me check my card here...Doctor Jai'galaar'la sur'haii'se Pierce on to discuss concussions and maybe take a few of your questions as well regarding that..."

"Depends on how well behaved y'all are."

"But first a break, so make sure you stay right here with us, on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: No one. shabla NPC teams. :p

jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010

“Well, there went that theory,” Tamon observed.

There had been some chatter in the sports media that started with everyone’s favorite two words in sports: “What if…?” Specifically, “What if the union players had come back in the 283 Final? Would the Miners have lifted the Galactic Cup?”

As Tamon saw it, the evidence was pretty clear:
    282: Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (18-11)
    283: Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (12-10)
    283 Galactic Cup Final: Bakura Miners vs. Carratos Pirates (35-37)
    And now, 284: Carratos Pirates at Bakura Miners (24-13)

The game was not quite over according to the clock, but given the fact that the players were pulling up it was pretty much done. The strike Miners had lost by one score twice. The union Miners...well, they were averaging a three score deficit against the scurvy varmints in their last two outings. (This assumed that Dash Stonlon wasn’t actually a better coach than Gaeriel Valerii, a thought that was actually kind of scary, if improbable given Tiarest University was not owning the Bak10 thus far.)

“I bet Quinn wished he’d fired the strikers and kept the Bimm now,” Kutel said with a smile.

“Yeah...but if he’d done that I think that players union rep would have set up camp in front of my desk,” Kara said from her position standing next to him. She likely didn’t want to be anywhere near Cundertol after a loss.

“Players union rep?” Tamon. asked quizzically.

“Yeah. What’s his name. He calls periodically to see how things are going. Nice guy. Quinn...doesn’t really want to talk to him. He says, ‘All our players are under contract on CBA-compliant contracts and we took them all back after their independent strike. We have nothing to discuss.’”

“That’d be Quinn. He probably thinks kittens are annoying because they haven’t grown into useful, adult cats,” Tamon said.

“Do not bring up kittens around him,” Kara said sternly.

However, neither of them could hold it in and started laughing. “How you keep your sanity working with him every day and half the weekend too, I’ll never know,” Tamon chuckled.

“I have my ways.”

“A constitution of durasteel must be one of them.”

“What? I mean, me? Yeah. Sure. Because I’m pumping in the gym all the time,” Kara said dismissively. “I mean, look at these blasters.” She held up her arms. “Yeah. Durasteel. That’s me.”

The game was now officially over and Tamon’s last shot for holos was here. There was always something to capture at the end of a game--moments of celebration, agonies of defeat, shows of sportsmanship. As this all began to unfold, a tune began playing over the public address speakers. It was the Miners’ music for after a home loss, a love song to their fans. The Miners had been darn good at home in recent history so it hadn’t been heard that much, which was kind of a shame because T.K. liked the song.

“When no one else can understand me
    When everything I do is wrong
    You give me love and consolation
    You give me hope to carry on…”

For whatever reason, lots of ELL players stayed with the teams that made them successful. Big names didn’t move that often. Perhaps there was more loyalty in limmie than there was in other sports. Perhaps teams just treated their players better. Perhaps if you were good your team was just smart enough to keep you.

There was a downside to this loyalty: there weren’t a lot of amazing friendships that crossed team lines. You might develop them over the course of a career as part of a rivalry, but rarely did it come from having gone through the fire with a player by your side.

The Miners and the Pirates had a notable exception. Ponie Ternardiel had won two Galactic Cup championships with the Miners: one as a rookie in 275, another in 277 after spending almost the entire season in a Nar Shaddaa jail. She’d now won another in 283 as a Pirate after an all-road schedule. It seemed she didn’t like to do anything easy. Lizbit Comstock had been drafted four selections ahead of the Ternardiel (though still in the third round) and been on those 275 and 277 championship teams. Both had come from less than wonderful homes and had been lucky to escape to limmie. When they learned about their shared early struggles, they became friends for life. A change in uniform had not changed that.

The pair, as they always did after playing each other, embraced in a sign of their continued friendship. Doubtless it had eased Ponie’s mind to not have had Comstock in the net in last year’s Final, even if the defender wouldn’t have taken shots on her friend from the back six. It had probably made it easier for Lizbit to be happy for Ternardiel to get a third championship as the captain and leader of an ambitious, young team when it didn’t come at her expense. As always, their mutual affection showed in their hug.

“And you’re always there
    To lend a hand
    In everything I do
    That’s the wonder…
    The wonder of you.”

[​IMG]

“Some things are just bigger than the sport,” Tamon said after capturing the moment. “A moment like that...I don’t know how to put it.”

“It makes everything better,” Kara said.

“Yeah, it does,” Tamon said, perking up a bit. “That’s exactly it.”

“And hey, it’s just one loss,” Kara pointed out.

“Yeah. Just the sixth straight loss to the same team.”

“Come on Tamon. Don’t think of it that way! I mean, if they didn’t lose, would we get this amazing opportunity?”

“What opportunity?”

“And when you smile the world is brighter,” Kara crooned off key, melodramatically in the style of the most overwrought karaoke bar performance Tamon had ever seen. “You touch my hand and I’m a king.” She extended her hand plaintively, with passion oozing out of her as only a decicred romance novel could do. Tamon bust a gut watching the performance. “Your love to me is worth a fortune. Your love for me is everything. Come on, Tamon!”

He took her hand, her soft, silky hand, and joined in.

“I guess I’ll never know
    The reason why
    You love me as you do
    That’s the wonder…
    The wonder of you.”

“Come on, dance me a bit,” Kara said, taking advantage of Tamon’s arm to twirl underneath it during the mandoviol solo to show what she meant. “You had good hands as a player, didn’t you?”

“Oh the best,” Tamon said as he took Kara by the waist and pulled her closer into a traditional pose. “And Vertical City men always move well on their feet. Bakuran girls...well, you’ve got catching up to do.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Kara replied as Tamon moved her into a box step. “Who’s got two thumbs and was forced to go to cotillion? This girl.”

“So you can tell me which of the fourteen forks I’m supposed to use with that nerf steak?”

“Actually, if you could flunk cotillion, I probably did,” Kara admitted, biting her lip.

“Maybe the fork part, but you paid attention during the dancing bits,” Tamon said, now throwing in a spin for Kara.

“The boys they partnered me with probably remember things differently.”

“That’s the thing about home. Everybody remembers you as you were and they can’t see you as you are.”

“Well lucky me then since I don’t know who you were,” Kara said with a smile. “I get to just know you now.”

“Ditto, Kara,” Tamon replied.

“I guess I’ll never know
    The reason why
    You love me as you do
    That’s the wonder…
    The wonder of you.”

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Liann Torey

Here it was, the Home Opener. Finally, after a long three-week road trip to start the season that saw the team struggling to score points, they were finally able to play in front of the home fans. And that meant making this event a major spectacular. It also meant that Liann and her division were all busy, the demands of the front office mixing with the necessities of promotional material to create a potent cocktail of work and hurried revisions. It was all in a day’s work for the Promotions Director, who hardly blinked an eye at the strain of the work. Lesser beings couldn’t take the pressure, but she was unfazed.

“Promotional items are ready to go!” one of the assistants said from the other side of the office, and a huge cheer went up from all the workers in the office. It was always a major sigh of relief to be done with the home opener items and promotions, because it meant that the hardest event of the scheduled season was finally put to rest and the workers could rest up for a little while.

But Liann understood that she could not rest just yet. There were always more ideas to pitch, more things to get done. It was here that she found herself, working on filling the promotional contracts for the remaining home games. Reha came in with another folder of things from the marketing department.

“I’ve never found a person like you who couldn’t take even a few minutes to enjoy the success of the first promotion,” Reha commented. “You’re always on to the next thing, Ms. Torey.”

“Things change quickly,” Liann replied, not lifting her head as she continued to labor on the documents in front of her.

“I think it will do the team good to be back here in front of the home crowd, don’t you think?” Reha asked. “They need all the help they can get right now.”

“And the fans should be glad that they can get a Gamble promotional item later on this season, because she is indeed a star,” Liann commented. “Because the fans want to see them take the next step, and right now that isn’t happening.”

“The offense will come around, right?” Reha asked. “I mean, Dac ambushed us, but they’ve been doing that to other teams, too . . . and I wouldn’t want to play on Jakku. Too warm for me.”

“We’ve got the defending champs in this week,” Liann said. “It won’t be easy. Never is.”

“Especially if the team can’t score. Did you hear that Stormhelm is getting the starting nod at the half forward position over Ehlers?”

“I probably heard it at some point, but I’m simply too busy to pay it any attention at the moment. Could you please give me a half hour to work, Reha? I am very busy.”

“Sure thing, Ms. Torey,” Reha said, stepping out of the office and closing the door. Liann returned to her documents. She would be able to speak more freely about the team later on, but right now work called, and she simply didn’t have the luxury of conversation at the present moment.

Half of the issue was the hot start that Michonne had gotten off to. The rookie goalie had put in three solid performances to start her career, only yielding 40 points thus far. It was good for second in the League, and was very impressive for a rookie. Calls kept coming in for jerseys to be made for the Chiss woman that were available in the team store, fans wanting to replace their Jayla Leed jerseys for the season and replace them with the rookie’s. It also meant that Promotions needed to include the new ‘hot ticket’ player in their materials. After all, most rookie goalies didn’t do so hot, so this was a chance to cash in on that success with promotional materials. Even if it didn’t last, which was the more likely of the two scenarios, at least Michonne had shown talent that would eventually take her far.

At lunch that day, she was able to speak about the team with her co-workers. “Stormhelm will give them a better presence in the starting lineup,” one said.

“Anyone is better than Ehlers as a starter, but no one can beat her as a reserve. She is dynamite.”

“We simply have to hope they score some points this week, or else it will be a tough sell for the other four home games when they can’t get points on the board,” another worker said.

And that was very true. Unfortunately, the casual fans tuned in to see high-scoring games. Defense, which the Senators had at the moment, didn’t sell many tickets. Their sputtering offense could cost them in the long run if they didn’t get things fixed up, so they had to get things in gear soon. Otherwise, it would place more pressure squarely on Liann’s shoulders to try and sell a product that wasn’t performing to its expectations. And that was the hardest part of this job, trying to sell optimism when things weren’t going well. Right now, that was being tested. Everything depended on how the Carratos game shook out. Win, and the promotional department was back in business. Lose, and especially if the team couldn’t score, and they were looking at a major deficit. It would make things much more difficult, and Liann hoped she wouldn’t have to oversee another mad scramble like she had in 282 to keep the ball rolling despite a clunker campaign from the team. No one liked extra work.

TAG: No One

Trieste likes this.
  20. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Bat Vigo

Kara and Noah run out to midfield excitedly with the newly molded school book trophy. They can’t wait to hand it over to Nar Shadaa captain Mick Steele. I just finished my second double digit scoring game in a row. I’d also assisted Yolanda, Kara, Gary and Frokobukk in scoring today. Tomas would give me a final count on assists and tackles before the press conference. I looked out on the field and saw Noah motioning towards me. I couldn’t help it, a smile escaped as I ran out to the field and took my place next to Noah.

Noah wanted to dance. Little show-off that he was. He was excited about the win. Excited to have a winning record and to have “schooled” Shady Lerouex at her own game. I will not be shown up. I take the lead and we flaunt a few moves. We are on the big screens in no time flat and the crowd absolutely goes wild. I imagine if we ever get the chance to win a play-off game at home, this is what it will sound like.

The celebration ends too quickly. Tomas tells me I had less tackles than last week. In the shower I long for the hotel room and another round with the young girl who won’t expect me to have the droids maintenanced or the speeders tuned up before I leave for my space trip next weekend. Wives can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

Going out into the Galaxy four weeks straight to play ball didn’t just mean catching up on chores at home. It meant less time with women. Splitting my time between Georgia and the young woman from the street corner had proved satisfying. I liked things the way they were. Briefly I entertained the idea of booking the young woman commercial flights so we could hook up before games on the road.

I brushed the thoughts aside knowing it would never work. I’d signed on to play Limmie and damn it that’s what I would have to focus on. It was one month of my life. I resolved to concentrate on getting 4 wins and returning home at the top of our division. It all started one week from today. At the home of the Mando’ade Mercs. I’m sure the analysts are already putting an over under on 100 points scored. The Mercs have an explosive offense. Our own offense was beginning to prove it was worth their payroll.

I wasn’t going to count on our defense being able to stop the likes of Jaing, Aruck and Irvin. I wasn’t going to play the silly “share the ball” game I’d played the past two weeks either. If the game was close or if we begin to trail I’m scoring. You win games by putting more points on the board. No one is tallying up your number of successful passes at the end of the evening.

After a putting in a full week of hard practices I texted Georgia to let her know I was going to stay late at the stadium. For 20 extra minutes I soaked in an ice bath. My muscles needed the therapy. I was just about to leave for home when I ran into a wayward Tomas. My little brother was sorting laundry still in his Limmie uniform from this evening’s game. “How was your game?” I asked. By the looks of him I expected him to say his team was crushed.

Tomas shrugged. “Blowout, we won 42-3 and I scored 4 goals.”

“So why the long face?” I asked.

“Not a single college recruiter was there to see it. I still don’t have any offers. Stupid speeder. Stupid accident.”

Tomas’ grades could get him into any school he wanted to attend. He could show up at open try-outs and play Limmie for any school. His expectations were higher. He expected to be a top recruit. Against his favor wasn’t just last year’s speeder accident. His age was also a factor. Our parents sent us all to school early. Tomas wouldn’t be 18 until midseason. “It’s still early,” I reminded Tomas.

On any other occasion I’d probably take to teasing my brother. Instead I offered to take him home. He shook his head and told me he knew his own way home. I had wanted one more meet up with the girl from the street corner before I left for Mandalore. Instead I took my brother out for ice cream. “Dad used to like this café,” he said when we pulled into the parking lot.

“Why do you think I chose it?”

The waitresses wore short skirts. When they walked by our table my brother and I would take peeks to see what color undies they had on. We didn’t talk about Limmie or my father. We ate ice cream and speculated what his first time would be like. I didn’t have to tip toe in the house that night. I wasn’t out cheating on my wife. I found Georgia in the living room feeding Athena. “Where you been?” She asked.

“You’d never believe me,” I answered.

“Try me.” So I told her about Tomas and our late night bonding session. “Boys,” she said with a smile on her face. Athena was sleeping peacefully after her own late night snack. Georgia got up and placed her in a bassinet. On the night before we left for Mandalore I made love to my wife. No interruptions from the kids. I had forgotten what a wonderful woman Georgia was. Sleep was bliss. I boarded the shuttle feeling like I was at the center of the Galaxy.

Tags: Vehn Bardan_Jusik

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Eamon Shade
    Stacked Deck, O'Pahz, Carratos

The glowing coal of Shade's most recent cigarette, burned as he took one last drag from it. The Stacked Deck may have been a bar but, they didn't allow smoking, few places did anymore. He knew it was a bad habit and part of him blamed the army for getting him into it but, he knew no one forced him to take his first. He snuffed it out pitching it into the nearest trashcan as he entered the establishment. Just a little down from Arcadia Colosseum, and entirely unassuming, and the only thing to identify it as a bar was a new shiny sign above the entrance.

Inside it looked like any watering hole, durasteel bar top and tables, chairs set up around each. Stationed every so often were holo projectors playing some sort of sport. Eamon was never in this part of town so this was his first time. Behind the bar was a holo of the Pirates, crowded around the Galactic Cup on the pitch at Senator's Stadium, 283-WE WILL PREVAIL, written under it. Flags hang above the bar, one for the Pirates, their Skull and Crossbones and another for the Gamblers, a top hat with an idiot's array showing. It seemed if one was into sports this would be the place to come.

All around there were more holos many of just regular guests but, some-displayed prominently- were of the players on the Pirates, some in their uniforms others not. Shade recognized them, he had a better handle on the roster now and could pick them out in the pictures. Strangely he didn't see any pictures of Cutty. The bartender, a Human male around the Shade's age, noted the newcomer and nodded. The Balosar moved closer taking a seat at the bar.

The man behind the bar came closer. "Need something sir?" he asked, his brown well-groomed beard twitching as he smiled a little.

"I'm looking for someone." Shade replied.

"Aren't we all." The smile deepened

The P.I returned the smile in a wry way, yeah, like he hadn't heard that before. "Not like that, I'm looking for her," he pulled up a holo of the girl he was looking for, shock white hair and youthful features.

"Ah, Cutty," the barkeep said nodding his head.

"You know her,"

"Not personally no but, everyone around here knows all the players for the Pirates. As you can no doubt tell by the pictures."

"Yeah," Shade said casting an eye around the bar, "I don't see any with Cutty in them."

"Ah, yeah, she doesn't like to be photographed, we still have some." He tapped a few keys hidden somewhere on the top. Then out of the bar came a holo, it was of Leigh with her arms wrapped around the shoulders of two others. On her left was Cutty's white bob, her face turned away, on the right was the longer bright red hair of Ariel, she was also turned away from the camera. They looked like two squabbling siblings being forced together by another family member.

"She doesn't seem very happy." Shade remarked.

"Nope, she rarely does, especially after she got shafted at the awards ceremony."

"Everyone seems to come back around to that."

"Well, it was all the local sports news could talk about for days," the bartender explained, "some speculated that the league didn't want to nominate two players from the same team and rob another team of at least some recognition in a year the Pirates dominated, on and off the field." The man behind the bar picked up a glass casually cleaning it. "Then there were others that said that the Taepings influenced the voting for their girl but, I don't put much stock in that."

"Have you seen Cutty recently?" the Balosar said getting the questioning back on track.

"Not since they left for training camp," the bearded human let out a breath, "It was a mad house, pretty much all the team was here plus 'One Eye' and all the fans were here too, looking to wish the team luck on the new season. They drank us out of rum that night, Kala probably had the most, man can hold his liquor."

"Kala?" Shade followed up a little intrigued.

"The Beastly Back, the Kerestian Crusher, wow you really must not follow the Pirates."

"One of my many short comings," Shade replied shaking his head, "so she hasn't stopped by since before the season started?"

"Nope, we're pretty good about keeping track of the players that come in, she has shown up in a long time."

"Thank you for your time." Eamon got up from his stool.

"You want one for the road sir," the human asked turning towards the wall of alcohol.

"No, but if you see Cutty…"

"We'll tie her up and carry her to the colosseum. The team needs her."

With a chuckle the investigator left the establishment, still no closer to his goal, this job was getting annoying.

He made his way back to his office, listening to the Pirate Bay.

"AAAAARRRRRRRR" the warbling cheer rang out starting the show.

"And thanks for listening to this episode of the Pirate bay." Jac followed as he always does.

"To start us off, finally the Pirates pull out a win." There's a wet slap as Shade assumed that Jonzz pounded his hand on the table.

"And by a decisive margin against a pretty strong team,"

"I expected it to be a little more difficult if am honest."

"I did as well, these are the regular Miners, always a tough team. And given our defensive woes."

"Which did seem a little better this time. Though not as good as it could be, savvy."

"The offense at least showed up for this one,"

"Well some of them did, Ariel and Opechan were sort of out of it."

"Aye, our 'Little Melodie' did seem a little out of sorts, thankfully Leigh was at the top of her game."

"Her and the rest of her line made up for most of the points with herself netting another hat trick."

"Her first of many we hope."

"For the defense I'm worried this is just a flash, savvy. Ponie played very well, but, that could just be because she was playing against her old team."

"That's rare for you, to agree with me Jac."

"I know Davv'y but, they've had three games to get it together but, the Center Half Back is still our weakness, we need to find a fix for that, and soon, savvy." The two presenters dove deeper into the fixes for the defense mostly putting either Vahava or Sylvanus into the spot rather than Bestide. Shade knew of Shale, another Balosar but, he'd been benched, pretty much snice the 279 coming in during the final. They meander around a little coming back to the discussion of whether or not the Pirates should have participated in the draft, both not budging form their positions. Since they actually won a game there was no one to blame for failing the team so it moved swiftly into the pre-game analysis of the upcoming Senators match, a team the Pirates have always had trouble with. Though that might be different this year, they were on the road which given the Pirates' extensive experience of playing and winning on the road swung things in the Black and White's favor but, as always they'd have to wait and see.

"Now it's time for," Jonzz said building up the ending of the show,

"Why's the rum gone."

"You guessed it, the part of the show where we discuss why the Pirates will win, or lose. This week brought to you by Nym's Finest, Lok's best spirit, drink like you stole it."

"The Pirates will pull out another win 'cause they are on the road, and Leigh and Tian are finding their rhythm looking to tear up the league again like they did in 282."

"Our Pirates are going to lose due to the stiff defense put up by Gamble et. all and our defense will crumble under the weight of the Senator's although weak, still dangerous, offense."

"Ok, Davv'y tell me truly, why's the rum gone?"

"Oh, the Pirate King took it, it's great to be the King."

"That B…" the show ended with as Shade found what he was looking for. He got up from his desk and headed out.

A few minutes later he was standing in front of another bar. It was called the Snake Pit, charming name, and it was just down the street from Cutty's apartment, a good place to drink if you wanted to avoid work colleagues. Stepping inside the first thing he noticed was the step down into the establishment, they apparently took the Pit part seriously. The patrons seemed to come from every species, many of them smoking. The noticeable hum of the ventilator told him way smoking was allowed here, and why the air wasn't filled with a nicotine haze. Behind the bar was a female Cathar wearing a shirt with the sleeves cut off.

A cigarette burned between her lips, another member of the filthy habit club, as she turned her attention to the newcomer. She gave the curtest of nods then returned to her work. Making his way over Shade pulled out his packet and pulled out another fresh cigarette, lighting it as he sat down. He took a puff getting the bartender's attention.

"Want something?" she said, her tone wasn't the friendliest, but one gathers you don't come here for the kind service.

"Just a water."

The lady behind the bar shot the Balosar a quizzical look as she exhaled, the smoke obscuring her face for a moment. "Sure," he knew ordering a water after walking into a bar was a bit of a red flag but, he didn't like running up a bar tab when he was working, didn't look so good on the invoice, or his taxes.

She turned back around setting his drink down hard, offended that he would order such a mundane beverage when there was a wall of spirits along the back wall. A dark amber bottle caught his eye, Nym's Finest. The cigarette burned a little more as he took a drag, thinking. The Stacked Deck served Captain Mor'ragann and Arcadia rum, both heavily branded with pirate iconography, Nym's wasn't much different but, Mor'ragann and Arcadia were distilled on Carratos, said it right on the label while Nym's Finest was imported from Lok. It was an oddity that fascinated Shade, he wanted to ask about it but, he had a job to do.

"Excuse me," he said,

The bartender turned her cold gaze back to him smoke ejecting from her nose, "Yeah,"

"Have you seen this girl?" he displayed the holo he had of Cutty.

The Cathar removed the cigarette from her lips holding it between two fingers as she set her hand on the bar. "You a Seccer?"

"No," Shade replied waving his hand, "Nothing like that, just an investigator, her family is worried sick, she hasn't contacted them in weeks." It was a bit of a lie but, the bartender didn't have any look of realization, no need to link it to the Pirates unless he had to.

"Well, she's been by a couple of times." The bartender answered bringing the burning roll to her lips again.

"When did you see her last?"

"About three weeks ago, maybe four."

"Anything special about this visit, anything that stood out?"

"She left with some guy, first time I'd seen her do that, she seemed like a surly drunk to me most times, just looking to forget something."

Shade nodded his head, he knew where she got that from. "And do you know what this guy looked like?"

A little chuckle left the felinoid's mouth, "Human-ish, look they don't pay me to keep track of every patron," as she spoke she rubbed her thumb against her first two fingers. A subtle sign that she was looking for compensation, a common thing when digging for information.

Shade palmed a few credits onto the bar, which the Cathar happily took. "Remember something now?"

"A little bit," more smoke curled up from her lips, "He was about her height, black hair, rather good looking if like the look of pink skins."

"This description come with a name?"

"Not really, I can tell you he's part of the Lok Vanguards."

"Hmmm…" The Lok Vanguards, a group that set up an outpost of sorts for the Lok Revenant. They used to protect the interests of Lok and its immigrants to the planet but, that had changed, now they were just like every other gang on this rock, fighting for a bigger piece of the pie.

"And a rather new one,"

"What makes you say that?"

She tapped the right side of her neck, "No spines on his snake." She took another drag of her cigarette blowing the smoke upwards, "Those that have been in the Vanguards for a while usually have a few."

The spined snake the symbol of the Vanguard, so she's paling around with a gang now, that didn't bode well. "If I were to find out who this newbie was, would could I talk to?"

"How would I know, I don't work for them." She said a loud, "but," her voice lowered as she leaned closer the smell of her cigarette wafting over to him, "They don't call it the Snake Pit for nothing. Stick around, never know what you'll see." She pulled away standing slightly taller than Shade. "Need anything else?"

"'Nother water please," Shade set down more credits, more than one would need to pay for a water. The Cathar smiled sweeping the currency into her own pocket.

"One water."

TAG: Trieste Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC Post
    In the vein of Friday Funnies...which we might actually try again for those participating

An Open Letter To Our Friends On Dac

Hi there. It’s us.

So Mon Cal--oops. We mean Dac. Sorry, this has been confusing for all of us.

Anyways, Dac. Hi. Nice to see you again. It’s only been 22 seasons since you were last here. Ah, 262, it feels like it was just yesterday, doesn’t it? Remember those good old days? We had 7 game seasons back then. We know--how quaint! You went 4-3 that season and promptly got shut out 21-0 in your playoff game. Yeah, those were the good old days, weren’t they?

About that. See, we’re worried. You’ve changed. You’re not the team you used to be. We guess you could call this your intervention. Yes, your 11 best friends have gotten together because we love and support you. Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant, and Hapes have all tried talking to you individually, but you’re just not listening.

Look, we get that you’re excited to be back. We were stoked to have you back in the gang. However, right now this is looking like that holo where the popular kids invite the ugly kid to hang out with them and then the ugly kid takes off his glasses and is suddenly way better looking than everybody else. Nobody likes the now-not-ugly kid. Everybody wants that kid to be ugly. After all, how are we supposed to look good next to a better looking kid?

But it’s okay. We can still fix this. For starters, how about not shutting down teams? This should be easy because you starting getting the hang of this against Hapes. Just keep doing what you did last week, except more of it. You’ve only allowed half the points that Jakku has. Now Jakku, that’s a team that really knows how to play some limmie. You should check out their games from 283. Classic stuff. That’s the way to get ahead. Think of how many portions you’d get if you played like them.

Similarly, what are you doing scoring an average of 23 points per game? Look at who’s ahead of you: Mando’ade and Bakura. Nobody wants to hang out with them. They’re lame. Even those Rancors on the wave show think so. (Seriously, they let Rancors just have their own shows. That’s how lame Mando’ade is. Everybody knows you let Ewoks have their own shows. Now’s that entertainment.) You want to get as far away from their offensive production as possible.

Think about what happens if you keep this up. Nobody’s going to want to hang out with you. Why do you think nobody sits with Kashyyyk at the lunch table these days? Look at Stewjon. They thought they were sooooooooo smart and funny and edgy. Look where that got them.

Don’t get us wrong, we want you to do well. Just not this well. Part of the reason we brought you into the ELL was so we could get a nice road trip to Dac every couple of years, get to sit in that cool underwater stadium of yours to watch our team win, and then have a nice seafood dinner after. But losing, wow, what a buzzkill for the whole vacation vibe we were trying for. You don’t want your fans to actually show up to games, do you? Think of all the disposable income they’ll lose if they buy tickets! Don’t you want all that great tourism revenue from visiting fans instead?

Now, we’re not here to tell you what to do. All we’re saying is that it’s a really nice gig you’ve got going for you here in the ELL. It’d be a shame if something happened to it. Wouldn’t it be terrible if you’re just walking along one day, having fun, and then, boom, Board of Governors votes you out? Or some screws come loose in that fancy underwater stadium and it starts leaking? Or maybe you get some bad navcomputer coordinates and you fly the team shuttle into a star? Heaven forbid, of course.

So maybe we go back to the plan we talked about when we let you sit at the cool kids’ table where you don’t take off your glasses, okay?

Signed,

Your 11 Closest Friends In The Galaxy Who Only Want The Best For You, Because What’s Best For You Is Even Better For Us

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Well the Imperial College of Bastion seemed to have hit a gravity well projector as they follow up their win last week over KMI with a devastating loss to University of Euceron, giving the Lightning just their second win on the season."

"Royal College of Hapes continues their slide down the polls, losing a heart breaker to Nessem University 10-4."

"Speaking of slides, the Pilots of Grand Vulpter System University find themselves in a tailspin. Ranked in the top five just a couple of weeks ago, they've been sent tumbling in two successive weeks, this time falling to University of Corellia, Bella Vistal 19-3."

"Wookiee Forrest Institute was another loser this week, they battled hard but lose a close one to Derrling College of Technology 14-13 in a non conference match up."

"And the University of Tiarest continue's their winning ways, look for them to break into the top 25 after handling the Ensigns of Bakura Fleet Academy to the tune of a 27-5 beat down."

HSN Top ten after Week 3:

2. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    3. Dac State University
    4. UB Salis D'aar
    5. Chandrila A&M University
    6. Norand University, Carrotos
    7. Mos Eisly University, Tatooine
    8. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    9. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    10. Druckenwell Technical University
    11. Imperial College of Bastion
    12. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    13. The Ord Sabaok University
    14. University of Kashyyyk
    15. University of Devaron
    16. Balmorra State University
    17. University of Zeltros
    18. Derrling College of Technology
    19. University of Sanbra
    20. University of Denon
    21. Cloud City University, Bespin
    22. Tiarest University
    23. University of Csilla
    24. Grand Vulptur System University
    25. Royal College of Hapes

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir. And you know what? Bonus potential for Nar Shaddaa too! When you bring another limmie fan into the galaxy, I think you get a free bonus potential for a week (even if it means that Aruetyc Aran might accuse the refs of favoritism--gotta give the folks on the wave something to complain about once in a while :p).

284 Week 4 Results
    Carratos Pirates at Coruscant Senators (15-20)
    Jakku Junkers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (20-3)
    Dac Mariners at Bakura Miners (7-6)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (6-31)
    Denon Demons at Stewjon Metropolitans (29-18)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Mando’ade Mercs (17-39)

25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Tatooine, Thyferra, Concorida, Atzerri and Drunkenwell(for same reason as above :) )

LFL Week 3 Resulsts

Byblos Red Wings @ Druckenwell Marksmen (19-11)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force (19-27)
    Concordia Cursaders @ Atzerri Bandits (19-28)

Tags: CPL_Macja Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.