main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Hapan Minister of Culture and Sport announces Interplanetary Cup roster for Team Hapes
      • Goalkeepers: Toma Artis, Paos Orran
      • Defenders: Zulara Taske, Maldra Stannu, Gaese Aldorn, Aqua Everbright, Rui Dorstar
      • Midfielders: Korvie Bruvumon, Adria Apinea, Shandala Parry
      • Forwards: Lorov Kar'fro, Jesnel Holgor, Kelisea Noukrre, Arase Mohette, Morine Norilles
      • Head Coach: Jeanida Onone
      • Assistant Coaches: Shandi Varn, Tanaris Jor
    • Team Hapes roster draws immediate public backlash across the galaxy on social media for being both entirely female and entirely drawn from the Hapes Consortium Juniors League
    • Minister of Culture and Sport, when asked about the lack of ELL players: "Leota Avoy was very clear that she would not allow any of her players to risk themselves in what she perceived as a meaningless tournament and pointed to a clause in the Bucs' player contracts prohibiting her players from participating in external limmie competition without her permission as general manager. I respect that decision, even though I might not agree with it, and as a result elected to pass over the top professional ranks completely out of fairness."
    • Minister refuses to discuss lack of male players or coaches: "I don't see any problem with it, so there's nothing to discuss."
    • C-Bucs captain Tendra Nalo, partially responsible for the integration of the C-Bucs, disagrees: "I had hoped that Hapans as a society had accepted the use of men on sports teams. This return to misandry in selecting the Interplanetary Cup roster is disappointing to me."
    • Public opinion polls show that 61% of Consortium citizens approve of all-female roster, while outside the Consortium, less than 20% approve
    • Several videos surface on social media of female C-Bucs fans burning Nalo's jersey in protest of her statement, including one calling her a "misogynistic idiot" and telling her to "go back to (expletive) Euceron where you belong".
    • Nalo's response: "Oh well. Can't please everybody. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
    • Buried under the controversy over the Interplanetary Cup roster was a press release from the C-Bucs announcing they will not participate in the upcoming draft: "We feel there is no reason to commit to draft-minimum contracts when plenty of talent at our positions of need will likely be available for post-draft free agent signing at more favorable terms."
    • Sources say that the Bucs are looking to strengthen their defense, an area in which 15 players are currently declared for a draft that will likely consist of just 22 picks without the Bucs' participation.
    • Miners forward Morgan Alesh when asked about not being selected as a member of Team Hapes: "Shucks. Guess I'm going to have to buy a Team Hapes jersey now to support the ladies!"
    TAG: jcgoble3

Vehn, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  2. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Investigative report from HSN claims that the Kuat Triforce were removed after their one year stint in Elite League Limmie in 278 after a League investigation uncovered widespread use of banned substances and point shaving by players
    • Report claims that the League purposefully covered up the investigation from even the Board of Governors to prevent a backlash and the integrity of games from being questioned
    • According to sources, any conversation about returning Kuat to the ELL has been "shut down immediately" by order of the Commissioner's office
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard's office had no comment as the Commissioner travels to Bakura for the Solo Conference Final
    • The news overshadows preparations underway on Stewjon to host their first Galactic Cup Final in its planet's history
    • Nightly Show anchor Rurra Eshka'mos will broadcast live from outside Kenobi Field during Finals Week
      • "Considering that we could have a Jakku vs. Dac Final, this game already might be a joke, so we decided we'd just jump on the bandwagon"
    • Unconfirmed reports say that several members of the Bakura Miners have been sidelined by an illness in advance of their game against Jakku
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik for Final location

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• In the wake of HSN's investigative report on the 278 demotion of the Kuat Triforce, sources inside the ELL say that Kuat has made another application for entry into the ELL
    • Members of the Board of Governors have reportedly forced the consideration of the bid, partially as a protest against Commissioner Lokensgaard's secret handling of their demotion
    • Same sources say that Kuat claims new ownership has "completely changed the culture of the team"
    • Kuat considered a "long shot" to be admitted to the ELL given their history of troubles
    TAG: None in particular

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Tamon Kutel
    Miners training facility, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“What?” Gaeriel Valerii shouted. “Are you kidding me?”

Tamon wished they were. This was a disaster. An unmitigated disaster.

Cuth Hulu shook his head, his face tendrils swaying. “They’re all down. Done for the playoffs.”

“Explain it to me again,” Valerii insisted.

The team was in the locker room, listening, silent. Some were standing around, others were hunched over sitting on benches. Cordell Beckman had his head in his hands. It was four days before the game against the Junkers and this was the last thing they wanted to hear.

This might be the moment that the 284 season ended for the Bakura Miners.

“Kettin and Sid went out to get dinner last night at one of those Corellian restaurants that are all the rage, really popular. They took a bunch of the reserve defenders with them. They all wake up in the middle of the night with a fever. Turns out they’ve got Corellian mumps. It’s a two to three week recovery period. Playoffs will be over by then. They’re done.”

“And you’re telling me every half back we have except Falene was at that dinner?” Gaeriel groaned.

“It was a team bonding event,” Hulu said, though the explanation did nothing to change the circumstances.

“I would have been there too if I hadn’t already had plans with Niskat,” Falene said.

“So, to be clear, I saved Falene’s life,” Niskat added.

“I don’t think you can die from the Corellian mumps,” Saida Clarette pointed out.

“No, I definitely saved her life,” Niskat insisted.

“When I get my hands on Quinn and his stupid, stupid, stupid policy of not having a development affiliate we could be ripping qualified players out of at this very moment for this very reason…” Valerii growled.

I am not the one that went to a bacteria-infected Corellian restaurant and brought the entire defense with me,” Cundertol announced as he stormed into the room. “Has no one here ever heard of the designated survivor principle? There is a reason you don’t put all your assets in one place at the same time!”

“Once again, can we note I saved the life of one half back, and arguably our best one?” Niskat pointed out. Nobody seemed to be listening.

“So what are we going to do now?” Valerii asked. “The trade deadline has passed. The League might not even let us bring on free agents--assuming we could get any at this stage.”

“We’ll have to play some of our reserve corner backs up,” Cundertol said. “It’s our only option.”

“No, not with the half back scheme we’re working,” Hulu interjected hastily. “Our corner backs have totally different skills, even mindset. They’d probably run into each other out there.”

“Now’s not exactly a time we can insist on perfection, Hulu,” Cundertol muttered with frustration.

“Well, we have one other half back under contract with the organization,” a new voice suggested.

Everyone turned to look at Kira the assistant in the back of the locker room. She must have trailed in after the general manager.

“He’s...uh...standing right there,” she said, pointing at Tamon.

All the eyes shifted to Tamon. “Whoa, whoa, hold on everyone,” Tamon said, putting his hands up, “The last time I played a game Alana Glencross was still in the League. It was 279. It’s been five years. That’s...like...half a decade!”

“But you know the system and you’ve been on the sidelines, at practice. Don’t tell me your brain didn’t absorb some of everything that was going on. We could get you into shape in four days,” Hulu said, clearly interested in the idea. “It would be a stretch, but it’s got a shot at working.”

“I’m no spring Endorian chicken. I’m 38 years old,” Tamon protested. “That’s like, a billion years old in limmie years.”

“Helios was playing into his 40s and made the Hall of Fame. You might have been out of the game for a while, but you’re, what, 1% body fat?” Valerii asked. “Quinn, he’s not actually a bad choice. I would know--I coached him.”

“His contract with Agamar expired, so he is a free agent. And I’d have to make sure the union wouldn’t object too much...but I think he’s available,” Cundertol mused, “and Kara is right…he does have an employment contract with us...one that would need a large codicil to it to get him to the minimum salary.”

“Isn’t her name Kira?” Jolla Pic asked. She was completely ignored.

“What do you say, Tamon?” Gaeriel asked. “Got another couple of games in you?”

Time slowed to a crawl. Every eye was on him and suddenly he felt the weight of their gaze like a Wookiee had suddenly fallen onto him. He hadn’t played a limmie game in five years. He had never thought he would again. Sure, Valerii was right, he hadn’t let himself go to seed since then, but playing a limmie game wasn’t something you could just do in four days. Even those Bimm had a full offseason to get up to speed. But the Bimm had done it. They were well past their prime too. They’d gone all the way to the Final. Was he as good as they were?

Tamon knew the answer.

“T.K. is back everybody!” Tamon said throwing his hands up.

“All right!” Falene said. “It’s old times again!”

“Old’s the right word for it, but let’s do this,” Tamon said, clasping hands with his former half back partner and pulling her into a handshake embrace.

“We’re still short a defender,” Hulu said, “but it’s a start.”

“No we’re not,” Quinn said suddenly. “If we’re going to pull Kutel off the bench, then we’ve got another half back. Don’t we?”

“Huh? Who’s that?” Horst Penn asked. For once he was not the only person who didn’t quite understand was happening.

“What does the Settagaran County Center Half Back of the Year for 279 say?” Cundertol asked, looking to the back of the room--at his assistant.

“Kira?” Tamon asked in surprise.

“Wait, your personal assistant was a standout high school player?” Valerii exclaimed.

“Executive assistant,” Kira corrected, “but yeah. I kind of wanted to, you know, study at university rather than play sports so I didn’t follow through with the sport...even though UB Cape Suzette and PCNS offered me scholarships.”

“Did you think I just hired anyone as my assistant?” Cundertol asked Gaeriel.

“She’s been on the sidelines all season long with me. She knows the defense. If I’m can do this, then she can too,” Tamon said.

“Miss Zorel?” Cundertol asked.

Kira tore her shirt open, buttons flying, to reveal a blue Miners workout shirt. “I was born ready. Let’s do this.”

TAG: CPL_Macja for a Helios reference Jedi Gunny for a union reference and my boring NPC opponent. Oh wait…

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Scouting Draft Rankings

Goalkeepers
    1. Ralf Farmhand (Human, Male, Goal Keeper, Mos Eisley University, Tatooine)
    2. Helen Ripley (Human, Female, Goaltender, Vertical City University)
    Defenders
    1. Merwin Clwyd (Kaltooinian, Female, Back, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    2. Zeegal (Gran, Male, Full Back, Malastare Tech (D-III))
    3. Lawrence "Law" Tyburn (Human, Male, Half Back, Vertical City University)
    4. Norm Hoti (Human, Male, Corner Back, Balmorra State University)
    5. Carly Ly’Rane (Human, Female, Half Back, Namaryne System University)
    6. Val Keller (Human, Female, Corner Back, University of Ryell Clemency)
    7. Jade Enders (Human, Female, Half Back, Vertical City University)
    8. Becca "Newt" Jordan (Human, Female, Corner Back, Tiarest University)
    9. Antoniio Starr (Human, Male, Full Back, Ralltiir University)
    10. Ala'plan'kalama "Plank" (Chiss, Male, Half Back, Chiss Ascendancy University, Pesfavri)
    11. Tomas DaVonta (Human [Bakura], Male, Corner Back, UB Salis D'aar)
    12. Zak Tomaas (Human, Male, Full Back, Druckenwell Technical University)
    13. Polly Malu (Zeltron, Female, Half Back, College of Deredith & Millicent)
    14. Palooka (Rodian, Male, Corner Back, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    15. A'Pon'e (Human, Male, Fullback, Keldabe Military Institute)
    Midfielders
    1. Vasquez (Human, Female, Midfielder, Dac State University)
    2. Zin Zarack (Twi'lek, Male, Midfielder, The Ord Sabaok University)
    3. Lo'aga Sepera (Twi'lek, Male, Midfielder, Ryloth A&T)
    Forward
    1. Caffrette McMee (Human [Bakuran], Female, Corner Forward, Tiarest University)
    2. Bill Hudsen (Human, Male, Forward, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    3. Shuri Kaniyas (Barabel, Male, Half Forward, Balmorra State University)
    4. Boris Yin Sun (Twilek, Male, Full Forward, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead)
    5. Dwayne Hicks (Human, Male, Forward, The Ord Sabaok University)
    6. Biizany Fizzle (Human, Famale, Corner Forward, Ralltiir University)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  6. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

OOC: The Story Continues....

IC: Vera Grames
    New Vertica, Nar Shaddaa

Rain.

The wide boulevards of the Vertical City were drenched in rain. The kind of rain that refused to go away. The kind of rain that even the strongest winds of the Vertical City could not deter from their course. The kind of rain that had a way of cleansing the filthy streets of the city that never sleeps. The kind of rain that could take away the pains of the past and replace them with a hope of a brighter future.

Rain.

Vera Grames never did like rain. It reminded her of dark days on Druckenwell. It reminded her of the war. It reminded her of the struggles of the last few years. The struggles of this last season. The struggles facing a squad that had dominated the 270s so thoroughly and completely that the recent mediocrity had tested even the most ardent of fans.

There was much to rebuild.

"Did you ever find your husband?" Addison Karr asked.

"I'm still searching but I'm getting closer," Vera replied. "Every day I get a little bit closer."

"So he's alive?" Addison asked.

"So I hear," Vera replied, "and I also hear that we've finalized our roster for the Interplanetary Cup."

"Yes," Addison said reaching inside her jacket, "and I think you'll like who we've pulled."

Head Coach: Mylessa McCloud
    Goalkeeper:

Meredith Chambers

Full Back:

Ric Grimes

Half Back:

Eponette Tenardiel

Midfielder:

Erin Windreaver

Forward:

Mick Steele

Forward:

Sa'Akhuun

Forward:

Sol "Juice" Asandry

"Meredith Chambers, really?" Vera asked.

"She was the first person I contacted," Addison said, "and she was eager to step on the pitch."

"Can she still compete? She retired 11 seasons ago," Vera pointed out.

"She say that she's ready to go," Addison replied.

"Then I'll go with what she said," Vera said as the pair rounded a corner and caught a magnificent view of Six Boroughs looming in the dark and stormy night. "That stadium takes my breath away every time I look at her."

"Kaitlyn had a vision," Addison replied.

"That she did. I pray my own vision will be just as great," Vera admitted. "I have some big shoes to fill."

"Hey," Addison replied, "make your own vision."

"Good advice," Vera said, "I may just have to take you up on that."

"The draft is coming up," Addison said. "There's quite a few prospects."

"We have the first pick," Vera added.

"A blessing and a curse," Addison admitted. "I'm open to input on who we're going to pick."

"I have one name that might interest you," Vera said.

"Who might that be?" Addison asked.

"I'll tell you on draft day," Vera said.

"And for now?"

"For now we wait until 284 draws to a close. When it does we plan and we build and make this franchise better and stronger than its been in some years. That starts with a great draft. That begins with a bold move to take us back to the top of the Skywalker," Vera said.

"You know something?" Addison asked.

"What?" Vera said.

"You'd make your grandmother proud," Addison replied, "very proud."

"That is the idea," Vera said as they continued their walk.

Tag: Trieste;jcgoble3;Bardan_Jusik;Jedi Gunny;CPL_Macja;Runjedirun;galactic-vagabond422

OOC: Someone's back....[face_devil]

7. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    Let's see if I remember how to do this...

TOTALLY TRIESTE APPROVED

Name: Xavier Kuat
    Species: Kuati
    Birth Year: 221
    Physical appearance: [can be a picture if you want] [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Kuat
    Relation to Team: Owner
    Brief Biography

Xavier was born on an auspicious year... the last time that Kuat won the Intergalactic Cup. As one of the less than necessary Kuats, Xavier was ultimately left up to his own devices so long as they proved profitable to the family and for the majority of his life he has wheeled and dealed for more favorable contracts for KDY, his own shipping interests, and other rather questionably legal items of which nothing was ever proven to be either legal or linked to Xavier. As such, and because of the notoriously complicatedKuati politics, Xavier has become notoriously good at making contracts that are both impenetrable and nearly incapable of being understood by all but the best legal droids, and ultimately leave him free to do whatever he wishes. As such he's acquired the services of numerous people through dubious means, not the least of which was a Defel named Kildaar who just happened to have been on his way up into the big times in Limmie. Having little use for him at that present time, Xavier looked for other means to utilize the rather unique attributes of the living shadow. But within two years of acquiring Kildaar Xavier decided that getting into the Limmie business would be quite lucrative, and he began looking into acquiring a team for himself. As such he discovered that the Kuati Triforce hadn't won a championship in rather a long time, nor had the team even been allowed into the elite league in recent years due to some underhanded things that had been done. The terms for reentry were a still rather lengthy ban, or new ownership, which Xavier was only too happy to provide. He has been working behind the scenes to get Kuat reintroduced to the league and has finally succeeded.

Rebranding the team as The Kuati Valor, he hopes that the team can not only reclaim it's former glory, but prove to be a truly lucrative investment. If there's anything that can stir a Kuati to part with their funds... it is pride, and what better way to manipulate that pride than a team that represents the "best" his world has to offer? Now to shed that pesky cheater label...

Team Name: The Kuati Valor

[​IMG]

Home Field: The Crystal Bowl, Kuat City
    [​IMG]
    General Manager: Carina Kandorite (Kuati, Female)
    Head Coach: Kurtan Knedson (Kuati, Male)
    Goalkeeper: Feralla "Eight" Jaxter (Besalisk, Female)
    Right Corner Back: Betal Las'tiik (Twi'lek, Male)
    Full Back: Zak (Feeorin, Male)
    Left Corner Back: Fer'ahk (Noghri, Female)
    Right Half Back: Curett Vavre (Coruscanti, Female)
    Center Half Back: Fedal Rophager (Corellian, Male)
    Left Half Back: Felana Laa (Hapan, Female)
    Midfielder: Killdaar "Shadow" (Defel, Male)
    Midfielder:Aliana Kuat (Kuati, Female)*
    Right Half Forward: Brianna Lesait (Echani, Female)
    Center Half Forward: Waaaaaaugh (Wookiee, Male)
    Left Half Forward: Heran Whisperfoot (Trunsk, Female)
    Right Corner Forward: Sebatuble (Dug, Male)
    Full Forward: Lestyn Obatar (Barabel, Male)
    Left Corner Forward: Heebl (Farghul, Male)

(* designates team captain)

IC: Xavier Kuat/ Kuat
    "We would like to thank CommisionerLokensgaard and the Council for allowing Kuat's LImmie to to rejoin the Elite League. We here at Xavier Shipping believe it has been far too long since Kuat has had representation in the League, and now as the team's new ownership we vow to wipe away the stain of our predecessors. Rebranding the team as the Valor, we feel that we can help to change the entire culture of the team and help to put the past behind-"

Turning off the holodisplay Xavier frowned. He had always despised the nicities that were part of public relations, and he paid that department very well to ensure that nothing of that nature ever crossed his desk. Being nice to those lesser beings had never been in his nature, and at his age learning new tricks was reaching the outter edges of his repetoir. In other words, this dog was not learning new tricks anymore. With everything he'd done for the Kuat family Xavier felt that he had sufficiently earned the right to be curmudgeonly. If his standing with one of the most noble families in the galaxy didn't earn him that right, his wealth certainly did. Not many beings could singlehandedly purchase a Limmie team, at least and not have it utterly cripple their finances for the foreseeable future. For Xavier it had been mildly painful, but he fully expected to earn all of his investment back in a season or two. If not from ticket sales, then all of the other things that went with owning a sports team such as endorsements. And now he could finally put another acquisition to use. No, the team itself hadn't really hurt. Having to line other pockets and other favors though... that had been painful. Bribery was far from beneath him, but the manner in which certain individuals had forced him to act in the process, well that was not to be mentioned again. Ever.

Turning to his secretary Xavier grimaced. "I still can't believe all of the hoops that Lokensgaard put me through. Me! I'd swear the man studied introductory Kuati politics."
    Mellisa Talber, secretary to the "great man" said nothing. She knew when a response was required, which in her case was almost never, as Xavier never cared much for her opinion seeing as they differed from his own.

"I assume that my tickets to this years Championship have been procured?" Xavier asked around a rather vile cigarra that he almost always had in his mouth. It wasn't so much that he cared about the game itself, or either of the teams involved. Truth be told he couldn't even remember the teams names. But it was going to be the place to be, and so being a Kuat he had to be there. Keeping up appearances, and establishing that he had the pull to be not only there, but there in the highest style possible, held weight in the politics of the planet he called home. It was one of the things Xavier had never particularly liked about his "people", but it was a game that had served him well enough over the years. Other than this Limmie contract, he'd always gotten exactly what he wanted in the past few decades, with enough loopholes to influence every aspect of his deals however he saw fit. Unfortunately there just weren't enough loopholes available in the system for him to take the kind of advantage he was used to. Yet another reason he was in a sour mood.

"Yes sir, your flight plan, and all other travel arrangements have already been made. We managed to get you a room that had been booked months ago," Mellisa said in a clipped tone.

"Oh good. I hope it was that bastard Lokensgaard's room. Or anyone from the council. That would work as well." Xavier moved over to his liquor cabinet and poured himself a tumbler of Whyren's Reserve. Batch NN182 of course. Xavier had proccured several of the few remaining bottles. There was something of a sense of dread lurking deep in his being at the thought of it all being gone. Holding it up to the light, he simply observed the color for a few moments, the deep amber always calling to him.

Bowing her head slightly Melissa said "My apologies sir, none of them booked at the resort that you requested. It seems to be outside of their price range. I believe it was a prince or something of that nature who had booked the room."

Sniffing, Xavier set the tumbler onto his desk. "Pity. I'd have loved to be able to rub his nose in it the next time I see him." Reaching for the holo control again he said, "Get me the coach on the line. I have some questions for him." WIthout waiting for a reply, nor even acknowledging Mellisa leaving he turned the display back on.

"-ssure that nothing of that sort will occur under our new coach. Points shaving is a serious offense. We aren't here to make money on gambling, we're here for a championship. However many years that may take. Thank you all for your time." With that final statement the PR Rep walked away from the podium.

Reaching for his tumbler again Xavier closed his eyes as he took a sip, letting the spicy, woody flavor roll over his senses. This is going to be an interesting season. Shame I don't really care about what goes on on the field.

Tag: @Trieste; @jcgoble3; @Bardan_Jusik; @Jedi Gunny; @CPL_Macja; @Runjedirun; @galactic-vagabond422 (should anyone want to incorporate the development into a post or some such)

Trieste, Jedi Gunny, Vehn and 3 others like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Well we were promised fireworks in the Finals match up between Dac State and University of Tatooine, Anchorhead and those kids didn't leave us disappointed. UTA jumped out to the early lead, and were up big at halftime 24-10 and everybody thought.. well in the words of UTA star forward Bill Hudsen, "Game over man! Game over!" But the Navigators of Dac State made it a game in the second half tying things up late at 30 all before UTA pulled away with four unanswered points, three on a back of the netter from Hudsen. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead your Galactic Collegiate Champion over Dac State by a 34-30 margin!"

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Here's hoping that today's results set up another great Galactic Cup Final...instead of possibly the worst one ever. To help that along, deserved bonus potential for Bakura and Mando'ade.

Conference Finals Results
    (2) Mando’ade Mercs at (1) Dac Mariners (32-14)
    (2) Jakku Junkers at (1) Bakura Miners (1-22)

128th Galactic Cup Final
    Kenobi Field, New Ayotte, Stewjon
    (2) Mando’ade Mercs at (1) Bakura Miners

Success. :D

And that's not all!

HSN Headlines
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard confirmed prior to Solo Conference Championship game that Kuati Valor will join the ELL in 285
    • Lokensgaard: "They have met the requirements that the Board of Governors wanted to see to show that they've reformed"
    • Commissioner confirmed ELL will keep a 12 team membership; no word yet on whether Valor will join the Skywalker or Solo Conference
    • Announcement of Valor's admission for coming season has set off a scramble among teams to prevent demotion
    • Inside sources say, "Everyone's trying to strike a deal with everyone else"
    • Leading candidates for demotion are Stewjon and Denon
    • Either team would create an awkward situation with Stewjon hosting next weeks' Galactic Cup and Denon having made the playoffs this season
    • Loren Jul makes a statement about stepping down as head coach: "It's been an amazing fulfilling opportunity. An opportunity I shared with a good friend. After an incident like this I thought it would be best to make a change. I am excited for a new adventure with Ralltiir"
    • Loren on the Interplanetary Cup: "I have lived on Ralltiir over half my life. My husband and daughter are Ralltiirian. Not to mention Tomas Vigo is a dear friend. I watched him grow up, I consider him a son. I may have been born on Hapes, but I consider myself Ralltiirian now. I'll be watching from home since my birthplace makes me ineligible to play or coach, but cheering for a win for Ralltiir"
    • Ty Allin also expresses frustration with Interplantary Cup eligibility: "I am a citizen of Ralltiir. If I was going to participate I wouldn't consider playing anywhere else. This planet is my home, born here or not"
    • Team Bakura to make a starting roster announcement in the coming days based on Conference Final results and predicted physical condition of players
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Runjedirun

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus potential for Tatooine (30), Druckenwell (28) and Atzerri (28)

Limmie Futures League Semi Finals

(3) Tatooine Sandskimmers @ (2) Druckenwell Marksmen (23-1)
    (5) Atzerri Bandits @ (1) Thyferra Force (2-17)

Finals
    (3) Tatooine Sandskimmers VS (1) Thyferra Force

Tags Vehn galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny

Trieste, Vehn and Jedi Gunny like this.
  11. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Mikia and Logan one-shot again approved by the GM.

IC: Logan Manx-Sandin
    New Ayotte, Stewjon

The sun had begins to rise over New Ayotte and I am watching the holo, a recap of the arrival of the teams to Stewjon. The dark blue banner of Carratos waves in many being's hands, greeting us as we descend. A slight smirk pulls at the corner of my mouth. I can still hear the fans chanting 'Second Chance'. It did feel like a second chance for us after the break down of this season. We finished strong at the least, with wins against the Demons and the Mets but, were still locked out of the playoffs. Now we have an opportunity at redemption.

I jump a little as a hand runs across my chest. A chin comes to rest on my shoulder. A soft hum tickles at my ear.

"You didn't wake me." Mikia says putting her other arm around my shoulders.

"We had a long flight," I reply turning to look at her, "I thought you could use some more rest."

"That your opinion as a coach or my husband?" She asks smirking a little.

"Maybe a little bit of both." I look back forward, "We've got a tough game ahead of us."

"It's Ryloth, I don't expect it to be that hard."

"You never know, I didn't expect to get slammed so hard this season either."

"Well, losing Cutty right at the start really held us back."

"And Bestide was a lot off her game, I should have subbed her out more."

She holds me a little tighter, "Can't change the past, besides," she gives me a warm peck on the cheek, "It was just your first year, you'll get better."

I hold her hand in mine, leaning back in to my chair. Looking at my legs, they look like tooth picks. The once powerful legs that carried me up and down the field were now nothing more than useless twigs attached to my body. I have to move them either with my arms or with Mikia's help, just to make sure clots don't build up but, it doesn't feel good, I can't feel anything at all.

"Hey," Mikia says breaking me out of my thoughts, "You still here?"

"Yeah, yeah." I reply, it wasn't all doom and gloom though, my nightmares have gotten better, meaning that I haven't had any in a while. I think it helps having her there, someone to lean on. I don't think I'd made it through without her. "Just wishing things went a little better this season."

"It'll just take some time," Mikia coos, "You're only thirty, most coaches don't hit their stride until much later. I mean Copin and Lopaki were years older when they won the Langann Award."

"You think that's what I'm after?"

"Hon, you have a Salbukk, a Vigo and a Comeback Player award, you like winning hardware, don't deny it."

I laugh a little rubbing her hand, running my thumb over her wedding and engagement ring on her left hand. Her right hand is unadorned, she opted to leave her GC ring back home, locked up in a safe. She didn't need to flaunt her win. I saw it a little differently, it reminded me of what it took to win, of the sacrifices made, that the win wasn't given, it was earned.

"Have any plans?" I ask turning my head to look at her.

"Not really, just practice, dinner, and rest," She raises her eyebrow, "You."

"Ah…" I say rubbing my clean shaven jaw, something I kept up with all season, although my hair is getting longer, to the point I bind it up behind my head, in a similar style to some female players. "Much the same I guess."

"Humm," Mikia takes a seat next to me watching the feed. Her eyes fall on Kua and Laz, "Do you think the new kids are going to do alright?" she asked. The pair of midfielders from Norand University were added on to the team at almost the last moment due to the terrible accident suffered by the Teaics. Gabby was ok, well better than her brother, Marky sustained various injuries, one of which was a fractured skull. The doctors didn't seem all that keen about him playing Limmie so soon after the accident, or even the next season. I left the starting position open for Gabby but, she said she wouldn't play without her brother. They've played together since they were kids, they made a decision to never play apart.

I can respect that but, it put me and Schnitt in a tight spot, thankfully Norand had some fantastic players that were available. It remains to be seen as to whether or not they're ready for this.

"I don't know, at practice they seem up to the task but, that's practice, a real game is different." I say looking over to her. Her eyes look down for a moment. I can tell she's not thinking about the two rookies, it's the way she furrows her brow, this is something deeper than just worrying about some kids from Carratos being trust into the galactic spotlight. And they were just kids, barely nineteen, and playing for their planet.

"Do you think we'll ever have kids?" She asks, softly, almost nervous about asking the question.

I'm stuck silent, we've been married two, going on three years now. We've settled into something of a routine and, I hadn't really thought about having kids. It wasn't about me not wanting them, it's just that we're both very focused on our careers at the moment, but that won't last forever. The main thing is that I don't want to pass on whatever I have to a son or daughter. I may not be a geneticists but, I know that any child me and Mikia have is going to be active, possibly another Limmie player like their parents. It was the most painful thing for me to give up playing because of his disease. I still miss it, standing on the pitch, crowd chanting my name, it still sends shivers up my spine, and stabs at my heart. I can never do that again, never experience that again. I really don't want another person, especially one so close to me, to go through that.

Acha mentioned that there were 'options' if I even wanted to have a child of my own. I didn't ask for this advice but, she gave it anyway soon after Mikia and I were wed. She ran down a list of things, gene therapy, aggressive early treatment, and several other things but, the thing that stuck with me was that none of these were a guarantee, none of them could definitively prevent my disease lasting to the next generation. I still feel like I can't take that risk.

"Forget I said anything." Mikia says, looking away embarrassed, "My mom called and…well, never mind."

"Oh…" I reply, reaching out for her hand, "I…I'm sorry, I just got caught up in my own head again." I gently wrap my hand around hers, "I'm just worried about," I gesture to my legs, "spreading this."

"Your disease doesn't make you broken Logan."

"I know, I know but, my heart breaks thinking about someone else going through what I did with this thing."

"It's not a sure thing that our kid will have the same condition." She retorts,

"But, do we really want to take that chance?"

"And even if they do have what you have, we can deal with it. We can handle it."

"But, think about what they'll go through, having legs the betray them, that are defective. What if they want to be a limmie player like me and you? They're going to be crushed when the time comes for them to hang it up, well before their time."

"You made a go of it."

"And I paid a heavy emotional price, those last five weeks were brutal on me, drove me to the edge. If…If you hadn't been so insistent on helping after the Mercs game that year, I…I don't know what I would have done."

"They'll still have us, and I know we'll find a way to make it work."

I open my mouth to retort but, the door chimes, silencing me.

"Look, you don't have to make a decision right now," she continues, taking advantage of my distracted state, "We still have a lot of time, I…I just…never mind."

The door chimes again and I move towards it. It slides open to reveal a young woman, long blonde hair pulled into a side tail. She wears a white blouse with blue highlights, and a blue skirt.

"Um…" she starts, a little nervous, hands held behind her back, "Mr. Manx-Sandin, Mr. Polenta would like to talk with you." Her voice is rather young and shaking a little as she spoke.

"Tell him I'll be right there." I look over my shoulder at Mikia, her face turned away. I think we need a break just for a bit.

TAG: No one

Trieste and Jedi Gunny like this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tomas Vigo

Saturday

What a game!!! My heart is still pounding. UTA just barely held on and got the win. I am feeling so honored to be headed there in a few months. Can we repeat? Well it certainly won’t be easy without the #1 draft pick Merwin Clwyd. She made some terrific stops today, not to mention all season. Also declaring for the draft are Palooka, Bill Hudsen and Boris Yin Sun. Holy moly, that’s a lot of starters from one team going into next season’s ELL draft!

I simply can’t wait to fill those cleats!

On the home front here on Ralltiir there is a lot going on, but I can’t tell you until tomorrow. Until then, Go Sandskimmers!

Sunday

Yes, leaving you hanging was fun last night. And I am totally going to keep you hanging just a bit longer. Sandskimmers kicked serious ass today. Two play-off games and only a total of one point scored. Remember Teaspoon? The Wookiee keeper we demoted like a decade ago? Well I barely remember her either, but maybe we should give her a second opportunity. I don’t get any say in who plays next season. That’s up to our new coaching staff.

The Sandskimmers offense showed up today too. Kiirt Warner is still having his struggles only scoring one goal late. It was Billy Bob and Willi Mayes Hays that showed the most dynamic performances. After all the seasons the Knott twins have been on Tatooine they are still fighting too. Agamar must be proud of them. Now it’s on to Dac for the final against the #1 Force. I wish I could go, but I’ll be here. I have swim meets and Limmie games this week. Can’t let my teams down.

Okay, okay so what’s the big secret? I’m excited to break the news here Noah Till and Wylla Sniider got married this afternoon. Why was it kept a secret? Well, Noah and Wylla wanted Coach to be there. They went as far as to arrange a small ceremony of sorts at the city penitentiary. Until my mom got word this was happening. If you are thinking my mom stopped it, you are wrong! Noah and Wylla aren’t the only ones missing Coach. My mom misses him, I miss him and most of all my little sister, Louise cries for him every day. We took Louise to visit her father a couple times, but he wasn’t even allowed to touch her and she was worse after the visits.

This wasn’t an easy decision for anyone. It cost us a lot of credits and I can’t even say that I’m 100% comfortable that he’s in our house tonight, but Trey Till is free on bond. It’s gotta hit the press sometime, so why not now. We had a wonderful little wedding in a small chapel hidden in the little mountain town where Wylla grew up. Lots of guests opened their mouths when Coach walked in, okay so maybe everybody :p

We shared a hug and I totally freaked out thinking that his hands were the last to touch my brother. Then I remembered how my brother Spender was the last person to have contact with Dad, even though Spencer obviously had nothing to do with Dad’s death. Coach insists he had no intention of causing serious injury to my brother. This is going to take time. I think of Bat a lot. Mostly when I think of the upcoming Interplanetary Cup. We could have taken the field together. We would have been unstoppable.

Besides that what if I let Coach back in? Are they just going to take him away again? My heart aches for my little sister. If he did this to my brother he needs to be punished. There’s no good solution here. Nothing will bring my brother back.

Richard, if you are reading this listen to me. I know you have a lot on your plate taking over the Starkillers next season, but please watch over mom and Louise. They are the only reason I’m not excited about leaving for Tatooine in a few months. I’m trusting them to you.

Tags: Jedi Gunny

Trieste, Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Wylla Sniider and Noah Till married in a private ceremony
    • Trey Till has been released on bail and attended the wedding
    • Richard Vigo begins interviews for head coach vacancy with the Starkillers
    • Longtime Starkiller Ty Allin has accepted an interview for the position
    • Former Miners head coach and current head coach of the Bak10 champion Tiaresty Burgundy has also accepted an interview
    TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    GM Approved

Name: Dewey "Jack" Finn
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 245
    Homeworld: Corellia
    Appearance: [​IMG]

Relationship to Team: Documentary Producer

Biography: Nothing about Dewey Finn has ever been normal.

Always a fringe element in his life, Dewey has never fit in anywhere. He tried to be a star musician in a local band in his late teens, but his penchant to solo endlessly finally got him kicked out of the band by the other members. He bummed around in his roommate's apartment for several years, taking a variety of part-time jobs that he was horrible at. And he hated the work; unlike in music, he felt underappreciated and unwanted. Half of this was the menial nature of the work, but the other half was that it was not for him. It was mechanical, repeatable, and completely unlike Dewey himself. Never able to sit still, he always had to move and to show off. It was in his nature to be outlandish, and in many cases rather irreverent.

All that changed when he found a cheap camera sitting in a pawn store one day when he went in to find some new music gear. Always a Holo fan, Dewey instantly fell in love with the camera. He made many home movies with it in the year following the purchase, some of the movies less than G-rated. While some of his work annoyed his roommate, his roommate's girlfriend, and the neighbors, Dewey gained plenty of skills necessary to be an independent cameraman. His first 'documentary', titled "The Galaxy's Biggest Secret: Aliens!", was so bad and so camp that it made for serious airplay on a local public access network. With a newfound cult following, Dewey produced two sequels that were eventually picked up by one of Corellia's largest independent networks. It was here that he cut his teeth for five years, working to eke out a living as a producer and documentary filmmaker.

Finally, he was able to break through the doldrums with a spectacular production named "Alienado", a story about a bunch of aliens that were thrown on an unsuspecting town in a series of freak tornado-like events. Once again, this production led to a cult following, and three sequels were made in the next three years, including "Quarrenado", "Chissnado", and, of course, "Smartassnado" (which, by virtue of its title, was the worst, yet most appealing to the fans, of the entire bunch). During his time working on these films, he started some work on the side for a local Corellian college's sports teams that wanted some video documentaries of their student-athletes. With the completion of his quadrilogy, Dewey re-focused his efforts on sports documentary.

It took several years for Dewey to find his footing, but he finally got his big break when the Inner Rim Limmie League came calling for his services. They were looking for a documentary producer to chronicle their seasons and star players in a series of productions. Dewey took on the challenge and started to make documentaries that won several awards. With his star rising, Dewey finally took over as the head of the new IRLL Productions Division, and then made a jump into the Premier League in a similar role.

During the 283 season, a group of wealthy investors, intrigued by Dewey's eccentric yet straightforward style of productions, approached him with an offer: create Elite League Limmie HoloFilms, an idea that would provide additional content for the content-starved media (because apparently around-the-clock coverage was not enough). While Dewey decided to pass on the overall idea, as he wasn't sure he wanted to dip his toes into that end of the pool, the investors came with a secondary offer: create a Holo series based on a team in the Elite League that chronicled their entire season, from the very end of the season through the offseason, Draft, training camp, regular season/postseason, and finally ending at the last day. The intent was to provide plenty of juicy stories, and with Dewey's creative style, hoped to bring a new light to the team in question. With a serious Core-bias in the investor group, the Coruscant Senators were chosen to be the first team asked to participate.

It took a lot of arm-twisting during the 284 season, but eventually Kala Fani Alaree, the Senator owner, was convinced to let Dewey produce his content for the team. Important details like not filming important practices and giving away important team secrets were laid out, and Dewey solemnly swore not to reveal those in his work. Still unsure of how to proceed, he goes into 285 on the cusp of something great. He just doesn't know how it will turn out.

But, like anything he does, it won't be boring.

OOC: 10 points if you can figure out the cornucopia of pop-culture references in this sheet.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  15. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    HSN’s Interplanetary Cup Team Breakdown (Part 1 of 4):

Group A:

Nar Shaddaa:

Strengths: This is a veteran team. Although many of the players are young (have spent 3 or fewer years in the pro ranks), all have logged serious Elite League minutes (something most other rosters do not have). If anyone is going to defy age, Meredith Chambers-Vayne is the one to do it at goalkeeper. Erin Windreaver is one of the best midfielders in the tournament.

Weaknesses: Can Chambers-Vayne defy her age? If she stumbles due to being out of the game for over a decade, this team could be in trouble. Having strong goalie play in Sevens format is critical to success. Ternardiel and Windreaver are also older than many players in the tournament, so will they be slower than their younger opponents?

Denon:

Strengths: When you have a player capable of great things like Klay Mettews, you always have a shot. Mettews gives Denon a ferocious defender capable of causing major havoc on opposing defenses.

Weaknesses: Denon has gone with a team of younger players, including several from the University of Denon. While the University has produced a number of good seasons, critics argue that their team is underwhelming. Can these university kids play to the level of the more-experienced foes they face in their Group?

Hapes Consortium:

Strengths: Youth. This team is made up of the cream of the crop from the Consortium Juniors League, so they have plenty of energy. What they don’t have in pro experience, they have in sheer numbers and a cohesion brought forth through a very good development program in the Juniors League.

Weaknesses: None of them have ever played pro ball before. This will seriously hurt them against experienced professionals, especially those on Nar Shaddaa and the Chiss. Also, the fact that the Hapans had an opportunity to pick from some of the best players in the Galaxy, such as Morgan Allesh of the Bakura Miners, and yet chose not to, cost them an opportunity to bring out a very impressive lineup. If they do not do well in the tournament, this will very likely be cited as a primary reason for their undoing.

Chiss Ascendancy:

Strengths: The Chiss know how to play ball. With a strong roster top-to-bottom, they look to make a serious play for the Group A crown and a semifinals berth. Anyone underestimating this team will be in for a world of hurt.

Weaknesses: While this team has few weaknesses, something to consider is the relative youth of half their roster. Some of these players are college players or have limited years in the Elite League. In a highly-anticipated showdown between themselves and Nar Shaddaa, can these younger players find the strength to finish against the more-experienced Nar Shaddaa team?

Prediction:

Nar Shaddaa and Chiss Ascendancy make it to the Final, Chiss Ascendancy wins. Analysis: The Chiss' cold and calculating gameplan will frustrate the Nar Shaddaa team long enough to outlast them. Meredith Chambers-Vayne has a good game but cannot outlast the onslaught of Chiss scoring opportunities.

TAGS to jcgoble3 and Vehn for team breakdowns, Everyone

Part 2 to come later for the "Group of Death" (i.e. Group B)

Vehn, Trieste, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Nar Shaddaa Smugglers transfer the contract of Andres Fortune to the Ralltiir Starkillers
      • Smugglers received no return concession for Fortune
      • HSN analyst: "While this looks like a total giveaway by the Smugglers, you have to remember that they are a team notorious for keeping salary low. They probably wanted to unload his contract more than anything else"
      • Fortune is a member of the Vigo family by marriage
    • Team Bakura announces starting roster
      • Goalkeeper: Marnie Blake (Human, Female, Tiarest University)
      • Defender: Selene Bondi (Human, Female, Coruscant Senators)
      • Defender: Dalton Ward (Human, Male, Nar Shaddaa Smugglers)
      • Defender: Tomas DaVonta (Human, Male, UB Salis D’aar, 285 ELL Draft declared)
      • Midfielder: Niall Bourdogny (Human, Male, Dac Mariners)
      • Forward: Anti Barbuda (Human, Male, Rydonni Prime Monarchs)
      • Forward: Leia Adama (Human, Female, Coruscant Senators)
      • Forward: Caffrette McMee (Human, Female, Tiarest University, 285 ELL Draft declared)
      • Leia Adama voted team captain by her teammates
      • Davy Lawco (Human, Male, Midfielder, UB Salis D’aar), Falene Trieste (Human, Female, Defender, Bakura Miners), Niskat Deenever (Human, Female, Forward, Bakura Miners), Gared Joff (Human, Male, Forward, Bakura Miners) remain on team in reserve status
      • GM Briar Thorne: "After playing 14 games in the preseason, regular season, and postseason with minimal time to recuperate, we don't expect that member of the Bakura Miners will be ready to go for the Interplanetary Cup. There's an outside chance they'd be ready for Final stages"
      • Head Coach Gaeriel Valerii: "We have a mix of youth and experience. Some teams would be devastated by the loss of a player like Niskat. We've got Leia and Caffrette, who's the number one forward in next year's draft. We look good up front"
      • Associate Coach Dash Stonlon: "We're expecting to run a pretty standard Bakuran-style starter-heavy attack here. Dalton and Selene are both experienced and play tough. Our back end looks strong"
        • Stonlon did not comment on his recent invitation to interview with the Starkillers saying he is "focused on the Interplanetary Cup"
      • As part of Group B play, Team Bakura will play Team Mandalore in a rematch of this year's Galactic Cup Final as part of the so-called Group of Death
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"Oh we don't give a shab for the whole world of Bakura,
    the whole world of Bakura,
    the whole world of Bakura.
    We don't give a shab for the whole world of Bakura
    We're from manda'yaim!
    We're from manda'yaim. Manda!
    We're from manda'yaim. Mando
    O, we don't give a shab for the whole world of Bakura,
    the whole world of Bakura,
    the whole world of Bakura.
    We don't give a shab for the whole world of Bakura,
    We're from manda'yaim!"

The sound of The Rancor Pitt cast singing together faded away as the Randy went into his normal intro...

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on rainy but I don't care everything is shabla beautiful Victory..."

"Galactic Cup!"

"...after... That's right, we're in the Galactic Cup Finals afternoooooooooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pit. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a big, bug, big show for you."

"Galactic Cup Finals man, Galactic Cup Finals! Been a few seasons, but Kor'le brought them back again."

"And a heck of a win over Dac to put them there..."

"Mercs won that running away, a real laugher really."

"Second win over Dac in just the last few weeks..."

"Yeah, and they weren't the number one seed in the conference for nothing Randy, they took the league by storm this season, but the Mercs had their number."

"Fu Arock..."

"You got A-Rocked!"

"...had a spectacular game again, almost matching the Mariners game score with 12 points on his own in the 32-14 victory."

"Yeah, as per his usual he had a great game, but don't forget folks like Jaing who contributed 10 points as well as Lovniek and Irvin who had four apiece."

"It was a great all around team effort..."

"Don't forget the defense either, they gave up points but had enough stops to really let the Mercs pull away by halftime and never look back."

"Yeah, they all played well, and the score even gave Kor'le the opportunity to get Stargazer in there at Goalkeeper, something I wasn't sure we would see in the playoffs."

"Well, when it is all on the line like in the postseason, you go with your best players, your best talent, and of course being a seasoned veteran helps there. last week we saw katan for the whole game."

"Needed him the whole game, that was a close game."

"Exactly. Here though Kor'le had a chance to get Stargazer some pretty decent minutes and get her feet wet in a pretty energy charged situation, the Conference finals. Something like that can only help Stargazer going forward, especially with the knowledge that Katan is leaving the game."

"How neat was that, to see him raisng the Skywalker trophy, knowing that his last ever game played in the ELL is going to be for a Galactic Cup?"

"That was...that was so amazing. he has had a long and eventful career. First round pick in the first ELL draft, the first player ever taken by the Mercs, he played in what...three..."

"Now it will be four."

"...Galactic Cup Finals games? Benched after the drafting of Mitth'or'noris only to reclaim his starting spot later on? He has had a stellar career and the only better way for it to end would be to see him actually hoisting that Cup for the second, and last time. It would be..." Jusitn could be heard choking up. "...just so awesome."

"Not going to have an easy time of it though, the Miners..."

"The Miners are...wow. I mean what an amazing team. Commissioner's Trophy winners. Best offense in the league, best defense in the league, maybe the best coaching in the league..."

"Why do you say that? I think Kor'le..."

"Kor'le hasn't had to deal with what that team deals with on a seemingly weekly basis. I mean its the stuff of holo-dramas and limmie chat room fanfictions..."

"Always seem like some sort of RPG scenario to me, one where the GM hates the player."

"A what?"

"The who?"

"Role Playing Game, Game Ma..."

"Oh, nerd stuff."

"This is why you're still unpaid and unnamed."

"I.."

"Be quiet nerd." Randy and Justin said in unison.

"Anyway, like I was saying, the Miners deal with an awful lot of on and off the field drama."

"Yeah..."

"Look at last week, half the defense goes down due to illness and still they manage to put up a shut down..."

"They did play very well, that goalkeeper..."

"...in the Conference finals!"

"...Comstock..."

"I mean who does that?"

"It was a great win, and yeah I see your point about their coaching staff, but I mean. Kor'le is pretty good too."

"Oh she is, no doubt she is, and the Mercs offense can hang with just about anybody..."

"Second in the league..."

"Yeah second to the Miners."

"...but the defense, despite all the emotion and for Katan is still in the bottom half of the league..."

"Still ended up second in point differential."

"Again second to Bakura."

"Yeah, but that was due to their great offense. I don't think the Mercs can afford to get into a shoo out with this Miner's team, and that's if they even can against that defense."

"Why not, they won a shootout in week five, 38-35..."

"The regular season is a totally different animal than the post season, we all know that."

"Really? We put up 38 points on that defense?"

"Yeah a defense that averaged less than 13 points allowed per game..."

"Wow..."

"Yeah, we all know when the Mercs forwards are really humming along they can outscore anyone, but that was regular season. Whole different limmie game now, and the Miners D is playing it's best limmie right now."

"No question there."

"Couple that with their own stellar offense, and the Mercs are going to have one heck of a mountain to climb."

"Buzzkill."

"Yeah, this was supposed to be a happy show Justin, you're kind of ruining the mood..."

"Hey, I'm not saying the Mercs don't have a chance here, if any team does it's the Mercs. just saying it is going to be tough and that Kor'le is going to have to come up with one hell'uv'a gameplan to pull this one out. Something we all know she is capable of."

"Well...there ya have it for the open, we've got to go to break. maybe give Justin a head start, the comm lines are full up, probably with death threats for Justin here. We'll have our actual predictions for the game later this week, of course later today we'll be talking college limmie too..."

"UTA looked good out there man, great game."

"...including the news that the GCAA will be meeting with heads of various conferences regarding the playoff and selection committee mess."

"Like they will ever change anything, took us this long just to get a real playoff."

"And of course we'll be hearing all about Justin's travel plans for getting off world and escaping the millions of pissed off heavily armed mercenaries now gunning for his head..."

"Those are secret and will stay secret."

"Pretty sure they will find you anyway."

"Ord Sabaok? Your plan is Ord Sabaok right?"

"shab."

TAG: Trieste Good luck in the Finals, glad two player teams made it here.

jcgoble3, Trieste and CPL_Macja like this.
  18. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Trieste APPROVED

Character Sheet
    Name: Dawn Solo
    Species: Human
    Birth Year: 240 ABY
    Physical appearance: Athletic build, 1.68 m, blonde hair
    [​IMG]
    Homeworlds: Tralus (birthright), Rydonni Prime (naturalized)
    Relation to Team: Assistant Head Coach
    Brief Biography:
    Dawn Solo, daughter of Amelia and Jonash e Sal-Solo, was descended from one of Thrackan Sal-Solo mistresses, who gave the notorious Sal-Solo name to her son. When her father passed away unexpectedly, her mom dropped the Sal from their last name and relocated them from Tralus to Corellia so that Dawn could have a chance at a normal life.

Dawn and her mother lived in a small apartment in the heart of Coronet City. In order to make ends meet, Amelia worked as much as humanly possible. That often meant that Dawn would have to stay late after school. In order to fill the time she started play Limmie, first for her school and then in the public youth leagues.

During her senior year at Kol Hi (Kolene High School) she was voted team Captain by her peers and was rumored to be chosen to head up the all system team. That was until she lost her, now famous, Solo temper and broke the Goalkeepers’ Coach’s nose. The story goes that the coach made an off-color comment about Dawn’s mother. The incident cost Dawn her full ride limmie scholarship to UC-Bela Vistal. In order to keep her dream of playing colligate limmie alive she needed to find a way to pay for school, so she signed a Reserve Officers’ Training Corps commission with the Corellian Defense Force.

Once she graduated from UC-BV she was recruited by the Gemini, a Junior League squad from her homeworld’s sister planet of Talus. She played two seasons before she joined the Corellia Rebels of the Premier League Limmie helping them in their perfect regular season in 264 ABY. Three years later, when her rookie contract with the Rebels ended, she was picked up by the newly formed Rydonni Prime Monarchs.

In order to satisfy her 10-year term of obligatory service to the Corellian Defense Force, her contract included a commission in the Rydonni Prime Defense Force as a Captain. When she met her new teammates for the first time she discovered that all but one of them were also part of her new reserve unit. During the 270 ELL Season Awards, Solo and her fellow Monarch members of the Fighting Fourth were deployed. While on deployment she married Corner Back Tev Undolo.

Once their deployment ended, Solo-Undolo returned to the Monarchs alongside her husband and the surviving members of the Fourth Fleet rejoined the Monarchs for the 272 ELL Season. During the Duel with Mando’ade Mercs for the Cross Pistol Trophy, Dawn helplessly watched her husband sustain a career ending neck injury that left him paralyzed. Tev’s body never fully recovered from his injuries, failing to respond to his physical therapy he passed away not long after.

After eleven years of professional limmie and ten years of military service, her body started to give out on Dawn. Instead of risking a life altering, similar to what her husband’s, she, along with four other founding members of the Monarchs, retired. But like so many prolific players before her, Dawn was handpicked to pass her limmie knowledge on to future generations of the Monarchs organization. Starting as the Monarchs Midfielders Coach, then as the Head Coach of the Byblos Red Wings, and now as the Assistant Head Coach of the Monarchs since the 280 ELL Season.

Now she has been presented with a new challenge. She has been selected as the Head Coach of the Rydonni Prime planetary team. Solo, along with the rest of the inaugural squad of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs, were made naturalized citizens. Her first act as Head Coach was the exact same as when she was named Head Coach of the Red Wings, she tapped her good friend and wing mate Lex Silas as her Assistant.

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    OOC: Made in conjunction with our wonderful GM

IC: Davv'y Jonzz & Jac Sparr'o
    Guinness Hall, New Ayotte, Stewjon

Awards night everyone was dressed in their finest hoping to pick up a bit of hardware to either supplement their collections or to start them. It was also a time to reflect on the season past and to recognize those that shone brighter amongst the stars of the ELL.

Backstage two beings stood, one, a Quarren, wore a tricroner hat and simple white shirt under his thick, somewhat dingy coat. His friend, a human, wore a burgundy bandanna wrapped around his head underneath his similar styled hat, his face was framed by braids of brown hair covered in beads and jewelry. His well-groomed beard was also pulled into twin braids that rested against his white shirt and brown vest that accompanied his long somewhat better cared for coat. They had belts around their waists but nothing on them as they had surrendered their blast swords and pistols at the door.

Each one held a bottle of 'Arcadia' rum in their hands, and amber vessel with a bulbous body and tallish neck, enough for a being to wrap their hands around and hold. They clinked the bottles together and took a swing, they were both nervous, running a holo cast was far different from presenting a serious awards show but, when a sponsor says jump, even a Pirate is smart enough to ask how high.

The pair take a calming breath then walk on stage to thunderous applause and bright lights. They put on a smile and wave to the crowd. As they make their way to the podium, the Quarren took up the mic,

"AAAAAARRRRRRR" he warbled into it getting an equally full throated response from the Pirate fans in the audience, and the few Pirate players that made the trip, Cutty among them, dressed in a bronze gown. The human took the Mic.

"And welcome to the…" He paused smiling knowingly to the audience, "Elite League Limmie Awards Night." There's another pause for applause, "Thank you, thank you."

From under the podium the Quarren pulls out another microphone. "Now if you're wondering why two Scallywags…" Another cheer from the Pirate fans, "Are up here…"

"To be honest…" the human interjected, "We're not sure either."

"It's a funny story actually but, I think some introductions are in order. I am Davv'y Jonzz, dreaded Pirate of the Corridor."

"And I am the Legendary Captain Jac Sparr'o," the human added with a deep bow removing his hat, "Savvy."

"And we are the hosts of a little Holo cast show called the Pirate Bay."

"You may have also heard our voices on the Rancor Pit." A cheer went up from the Mercs fans at the mention of their favored Hyperwave sports show.

"Now we'd like to take another moment to thank our sponsors,"

"The reason we're out here savvy," Jac stepped in again,

"Arcadia Distillers, creators of 'Arcadia Rum'"

"Drink what the Pirate King drinks…" Jac paused just for a moment, "Responsibly." He added, this was a broadcast there were rules to follow.

"And be on the lookout in 285 for 'One Eye Golden Rum' Go All-In."Jonzz added finally. Both men walked over to the podium and set their bottles upon them, again this was broadcast, they couldn't drink on stage especially while it was being recorded, think of the children.

"Now on to the Awards savvy." Another burst of applause.

"First up is the Ingbrand Award recognizing the new players that shined this year."

"A tough thing in such an intense and Elite league as this one, savvy"

"It's in name even," there was a slight pause for the smattering of laughter, "The nominees for this year are, Arm'mich'onne of the Coruscant Senators, Jo'ee Bo'sa of the Mando'ade Mercs and Gared Joff of the Bakura Miners."

"And the winner is…"

"Arm'mich'onne of the Senators."
    "Next up we have the Langann Award presented to the coach that has been found to be something special."

"A good coach is like a good ship's Captain savvy, they need to know their crew inside and out, and know what they can do. Some coaches have this sense, knowing when to sub, when to stay and when to change things up. This award recognizes the mental gymnastics that they go through in driving their teams to victory."

"The nominees for 284 are S.N. Ackbar of the Dac Mariners, Leota Avoy of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers, and, Ryi Kor'le of the Mando'ade Mercs."

"And the award goes to…."

"S.N. Ackbar of the Dac Mariners."
    "The next award is the Grames Award, for excellence in the hard and often thankless task of GMing a major sports club."

"It is hard on GMs, they have many of the same pressures of coaches in dealing with players but, as well have to balance the books, savvy."

"Quite right, and the nominees are Leota Avoy of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers, Quinn Cundertol of the Bakura Miners, and, Adenn Vizsla of the Mando'ade Mercs."

"And the winner is…"

"Adenn Vizsla of the Mando'ade Mercs"
    "Our next bit of hardware is the Comeback Player of the Year Award, recognizing the players that have returned after injuries, or just bad seasons and have risen from those difficulties to shine bright once more."

"Have you ever heard about the time they nearly gave this award a different name?"

"No, do tell."

"Well, it was 281 and our very own, Logan Manx," a cheer from the Scallywags, "was up for his second award."

"That was his last season, a tough time for many Scallywags."

"Yes," Jac nodded his head, "well there was a rumor going around that if he won it they might actually name it after him being that he was the first to win it twice. Unfortunately he didn't win, so the name remained."

"I never heard that."

"It was all very hush hush, savvy. Had to pry this from an official when he was…" he stopped speaking suddenly remembering that they were broadcasting, "in a giving mood."

"Anyway, the nominees are Modon Allow of the Jakku Junkers Lizbit Comstock of the Bakura Miners and Tendra Nalo of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers."

"And the award goes to…"

"Tendra Nalo of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers"

"Wait, does this mean it's going to be renamed the Tendra Nalo award?" Both presenters stop and look at the nearest camera with a worried look in their eyes.
    "Next up we have the Duchess Eldin Award for sportsmanship."

"Even though we play against each other and have our rivalries." The crowd cheers a little, "At the end of the day it's for the love of the sport that many players tighten up their cleats. These players represent the very best of civility and honor displayed on the field."

"The nominees are, Maggie Adams of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs, Mij Katan of the Mando'ade Mercs, and, Kara Suryesh of the Ralltiir Starkillers"

"And the award goes to…"

"Mij Katan of the Mando'ade Mercs
    "Our penultimate award"

"Wait don't we have another one to still give out."

"Penultimate means second to last,"

"Oh… I'm savvy now."

"Our penultimate award is the Salbukk Award"

"Going to the league's most valuable player. Not always a forward but, the player that has contributed the most to their team's success, savvy."

"And looked good doing it. The nominees are Fu Arock of the Mando'ade Mercs, Niskat Deenever of the Bakura Miners, and, Rowan Olan of the Dac Mariners."

"And the winner is…"

"For the second year in a row, Fu Arock of the Mando'ade Mercs"
    "Now finally we'd like to take a moment to bring things down a little." The lights dim and the crowd quiets down after the presentation of the Salbukk award. "Our last award," Jonzz voice was a somber, lower than the rather jubilant words he'd spoken earlier, "Is the Vigo award recognizing those that have suffered loss or have struggled through grave difficulties for the sport we all love so deeply." There's a long pause, "The nominees are, Mij Katan of the Mando'ade Mercs, The Vigo Family owners of the Ralltiir Starkillers, and, Eamon Botetourt Shade." Cutty looked down at her shoes at the mention of the slain investigator.

"And the recipient," Jac was even a little mournful, unwilling to say winner, this was not award one wanted to win, it was one you receive in recognition of sacrifice. "Of the award is…"

"The Vigo Family." Jonzz and Jac take off their hats and hold them to their chests, "Our hearts go out to you in this time of struggle."
    There is a beat as the atmosphere shifted slightly, "Well, it looks like our job is done." Both presenters look to the podium, the bottles of rum are gone, removed from their perch sometime during the broadcast. They turn to the camera, and back to each other, then back to the camera.

"Why's the rum gone?!" They both shout to cheers from the crowd.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik jcgoble3 Vehn Jedi Gunny CPL_Macja Runjedirun Trieste

20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Quinn Cundertol fumes after ELL awards: “Adenn Vizsla winning the Grames Award is ridiculous. What did he do this offseason? Draft one player. Are we giving Grames Awards away for deferring draft picks? In that case, where was mine last season when we got rid of all of ours in under an hour and rebuilt a team from nothing during a strike?”
    • The Miners GM went on to say: “The statistically greatest regular season team since Kayl’hen became Commissioner gets zero season awards. It’s clear there’s an anti-Bakuran bias at the awards. I suppose success breeds contempt.”
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tomas Vigo

Wednesday

I’m only 17. I haven’t started college, I haven’t even graduated from high school yet. Most people would say I’ve seen a lot in my young life. All I want to do is play Limmie. I vaguely remember when my father bought the Starkillers. I was 8 years old, so it seems we’ve been doing this my whole life. Tonight my family was honored at the awards ceremony. My brothers Richard and Spencer were there to accept the award. I want to take a few minutes and tell you what it means to be a part of the Starkillers.

The Vigo Award. In my mind there is none more prestigious. My father wasn’t my hero in life. It’s years after his passing that I have begun to appreciate what a great man he was. The award stands for perseverance and dedication to the sport of Limmie. My father persevered. His own father died when he was only 10. He also planned a career as a Limmie player that ended in college due to a nagging knee injury. That didn’t stop my father. He didn’t believe in self-pity. My father continued on to get his degree in business. One by one he made investments until he owned half of Cambrielle.

His footsteps aren’t easy ones to fill. Sometimes as his kids we try too hard. We fall down, sometimes we fall hard and when we do it’s in front of the entire Galaxy. Being the child of an ELL owner is not easy. Nor is it something I’d ever want to give up. I’ve worked the sidelines, been behind the scenes and my family has their own private box at a stadium we built.

What my father taught us all is that when you fall, no matter how hard you get back up and try again. I just want to thank everyone for recognizing the hard work my family puts into operating the Starkillers. It’s not easy, but we are honored.

Tag: All who voted! Thanks!

Trieste likes this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Social columnists report that Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard and pop star Jane Serena Trieste have "amicably parted ways" and ended their relationship
    • Rumor mills cite several potential reasons for the breakup, including the Denon Demons, one of Jane Serena's favorite limmie teams, being up for possible demotion
    TAG: Nobody, really. Why are we paying attention to this?

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Tamon Kutel
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

Tamon braced himself with both hands against the painted permacrete corridor wall in the guts of Bakura Gardens. It was cool to the touch, which he needed right now. The rest of him was burning up, his heart was beating fast.

A part of his life that had ended years ago was suddenly reopened. It was like a scar being ripped open, exposing muscle and bone. It had been one thing to agree to play earlier this week when the eyes of the team had been on him, imploring him to help. It had been another to get back into contact drills in practice, to ache again. It had been another still to see that dark blue jersey with golden yellow accents hanging in a stall, his name and number on the back, and for his heart to jump into his throat as the fact that this was really happening truly set in.

But now it was here. In a few minutes the team was going to walk down that hallway that he’d never forgotten, the one lined with holos of Galactic Cup champions, the one with a holo of him, a younger T.K., a being he barely remembered. From there they walked across the concourse and onto the field.

That field. It had once been his second home. It didn’t feel like home today. It felt like a trap.

He’d left the game quietly. There had been no parade for him, no hero’s welcome. He hadn’t been a Glencross, a Chambers-Vayne, a Horste, a Lynd, a Manx-Sandin, or an Allin. And he had been okay with that. He hadn’t flamed out or destroyed a knee that made it so he couldn’t play. He’d left on his own terms.

But he’d ended his career a reserve, knowing he couldn’t cut it anymore, playing a full 60. Thankfully, the galaxy hadn’t noticed.

Now they were going to notice. They were going to see T.K. out there again. And if he blew it, if he looked like the old man he was in the context of the sport, he’d be a joke. Those wavecasts on Mando’ade and Rydonni Prime would probably going to make hay over him for years.

“Old Man T.K.” they’d call him. A stupid being from Nar Shaddaa who was too dumb to understand the game had passed him by. No one would remember him as a Galactic Cup champion, just a being who erroneously thought he could still hack it against players who had only been infants when he’d been drafted.

But what he wouldn’t be able to take was the look in his teammates’ eyes when he couldn’t make the plays. That look of scorn. Of disappointment. Of pity. That would be worst of all.

And, no matter what, Valerii was going to keep him in 60 minutes. There were no reserves. There was no one else behind him. There was no cavalry coming over the next ridge. There would be no mercy. Just 60 long minutes. An eternity.

Tamon balled one hand into a fist and slowly pounded it once against the permacrete wall, as if he was hitting a button that would make this all go away. What a fine mess he’d gotten himself into now.

“This hallway taken or is there no more room for pregame jitters in here?” Tamon looked over his shoulder to see Kira fidgeting in the doorway. “Kind of thought I was going to be the only one whose stomach was doing backflips before we went out here.”

“You kidding me? Miss High School Star is nervous?” Tamon asked, turning around to face Kira.

“You mean Miss Haven’t Played Limmie In Five Years,” Kira corrected. “At least when they were hitting in practice you remembered what that was like.”

“You can remember, but that first tackle shows you how tricky memory can be,” Tamon muttered.

“When Niskat put a shoulder into me for the first time I thought I was going to fly halfway across the planet,” Kira admitted. “Maybe Beskaryc Taab is right and we should start wearing helmets.”

“Hey, you did great this week. You were faster than a speeding blaster bolt out there,” Tamon said. “Seriously.” He put a hand on Kira’s shoulder. “You made me look like the old man I am. I’m no better than a traffic cone out there. The Junkers are going to run right around me.”

“Tamon! You were like the smartest player on the field during practice! You’ve had, what four days to really learn the playbook? And you’ve got it down! You were jumping routes like crazy out there. I have to run fast when I get beat on a play. I have to run hard when that happens. But you play smart. You know what they say: play smarter, not harder,” Kira recited, with a smile. She gave Tamon a friendly punch in the shoulder. “You got this. You’re T.K.! Besides, you made my trading card just skyrocket in value. I might sell it after the game.”

“Probably should sell it now before I make a fool out of myself,” Tamon said, smiling despite the doubt in the pit of his stomach.

“Only fools out there are going to be the Junkers. They’re going to look like a bunch of old starships when we’re done with them,” Kira promised. “Come on--let’s do this. You and me. We’ve got this.”

“Just one question.”

“Yeah?”

“What happened to your glasses?” Tamon asked.

“Huh? Oh! Glasses!” Kira said, one hand going to her face, which was missing its usual accoutrements. “Yeah. Contacts. Haven’t worn them in ages. Come on--can’t be late for the player intros! My Mom’s going to flip to see me out there in blue and gold!”

It was more overwhelming than Tamon remembered. The crowd noise seemed more deafening on the field than it did from the sidelines. The lights seemed to shine more brightly. He’d never even played against any of these species before.

His assignment today was Jobuck McBuckerson, a Blarina. The short, pale, large nosed species was unlike anything he’d ever seen. Had this species had even existed when he was in the league? Had they just discovered it ten months ago? It was almost like someone had gone out of their way to make a team full of new species from a world that had just been revealed a year earlier.

McBuckerson was fast though. Why couldn’t Kira have drawn this little bugger? She could have kept up with it. Tamon knew that the Junkers were going to try to test him and Kira early and often. They were the X factors in this game. It’s what Tamon would do if he was a head coach. The only question was who would they go for first: the inexperienced rookie or the past-his-prime war eopie?

The answer came quickly. They went after Kira.

Hellado, who was a Teedo (another small species), was barreling towards Kira, taking a cue out of the Bimm playbook last season to use his shorter stature to slip larger defenders. He had a good head of steam under him. All he needed was to get by Kira and he’d be able to penetrate deep into the Miners’ end.

Kira flew forward to meet Hellado, closing the gap between them. She got low and wrapped up her opponent in a steel tackle, bringing him to the ground immediately.

“Super work girl!” Falene called out encouragingly.

“Hey, isn’t she a woman?” Tamon pointed out. “I mean, girl seems kind of--”

“Not the time T.K.!” Falene shouted. “Play’s turning back!”

Oh frak. It was, and this time they were testing his side. One of the midfielders for the Junkers punted up the field and was trying for McBuckerson. If Tamon got this wrong, his player would be long gone.

You play smart.

Kira’s words rang in Tamon’s ears. Jakku was trying to play an air game against him? When he was twice McBuckerson’s size?

Oh heck no.

Tamon dashed forward and intercepted the bolo-ball. Already on the run, he made a strong pass to Pic, who turned and burned upfield.

“That’s what I’m talking about!” Tamon exclaimed.

Just maybe they could do this.

“Don’t get cocky, kid!” Falene kidded him.

Just maybe.

Tamon covered his hand with one mouth as the blue and yellow confetti rained down around them. It was more than he could believe. He was a Solo Conference champion, again. They’d done it. He’d done it. First time back on a limmie field in years and he’d been part of a shutdown. And, for the first time in his career, he’d won a home playoff game.

Now that was something.

The disbelief and joy was no less for the 13 other Miners who shared this accomplishment. TThis time last season, when the Miners had been celebrating, they were sitting at home watching replacement players enjoy all this. Like Tamon, they had come back too.

Kira crushed Tamon with a hug from behind. “Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!” she screamed. “We just won the Solo Conference Tamon! We’re going to the Galactic Cup Final!”

“Yeah we are! Oh yeah we are!” Tamon said. “Stewjon or bust baby!” Then he stopped. “Oh snap! Kira, let go!”

“What?” Kira asked in confusion, releasing him from the squeeze.

“I just realized…” Tamon said. He didn’t finish the thought, but began pushing his way through media that were gathering for the presentation of the Solo Conference Trophy. “Niskat! Niskat! Don’t do it!” he shouted.

“Tamon? What?” Deenever called, looking back. She didn’t seem to quite hear what he was saying.

“Don’t touch it! Don’t touch the trophy!” Tamon shouted. “We want the next one!”

“Nah, that’s just superstition,” Niskat said as Tamon reached her.

“Alana didn’t touch it in 271. You going to break a tradition she set?” Tamon said.

“A tradition she broke? She touched it in 275,” the captain said. “I was there.”

“Ask Kragen Arnoy how that worked out last year.”

“Who cares?” Jolla Pic shouted, throwing a Solo Conference championship hat on Tamon’s head. “Galactic Cup Final here we come!”

That day, Niskat Deenever accepted--and touched--both the Commissioner’s Trophy and the Solo Conference Championship Trophy. She was joined in laying hands on these dual trophies by many of her teammates who wanted to celebrate getting back to the greatest game in limmie.

[​IMG]

One being did not. No matter what Alana Glencross once did or didn’t do, Tamon Kutel’s hands only touched the Galactic Cup Limmie. Force willing, one week from today he would.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik (oh how it pains me to use that picture, a loose inspiration, given the events of this past June, but such is life :p)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Interplanetary Cup Group Previews (part 2 of 4)

Group B – “Group of Death”

Dac/Mon Calamari:

Strengths: Coming off a strong return season in the Elite League, where they nearly won the Commissioner’s Trophy while en route to a Skywalker Conference regular season title, the Dac Mariners are well-represented by their hometown players. With Elite League success under their belts, this team appears to have momentum on its side going into the tournament.

Weaknesses: This will be a tough group to play against, and the Mariners faded down the stretch this season. They need to keep the intensity going and not give away easy chances, because those will come back to haunt them.

Sabilon:

Strengths: Nautolans are a hardy bunch, and they play hard. Though they are lacking Elite League players on their roster, they have a number of players from Sabilon’s own professional team who have played together for years. That cohesion will serve them well.

Weaknesses: There is a lack of Elite League experience here, which will leave them at a disadvantage compared to Dac/Mon Calamari and Bakura.

Mandalore:

Strengths: Never count out Mandalorians, even when they don’t trot out their Elite League players (of which there are many). Despite their youth, they are potentially the best team in the tournament in terms of fitness. They are a group to watch out for.

Weaknesses: Turning to a bunch of inexperienced (at least in professional ball) players could spell doom for this team. The majority of their roster is very young, so how they will stand up to older and more experienced players will determine if they go far or if they leave the home fans wondering how Arock, Jaing, and Co. would have looked instead.

Bakura:

Strengths: Despite losing several key players to postseason action (the players in question will still play, but their roles remain to be seen), Team Bakura is still the favorite to win their Group. They had plenty of experience in their ranks, with perennial star Niskat Deenever and hometown girl Leia Adama leading the way. The college players they have are a strong bunch, and should not be a drop-off in talent.

Weaknesses: Not letting their Miner stars start could cost them if another team gets the jump on them. Those players may have tired legs and be of limited utility off the bench, which leaves the college players more exposed on the roster.

HSN Prediction:

Mandalore will defy the odds and make it to the Finals, but Team Bakura's experience will bury them in the Final.

TAGS to Everyone

Trieste, Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Pamila Korthe
    Stewjon

The Galactic Cup Final was coming up quickly, and that meant the LFL title would be on the line as well. And this was where Pam found herself, a day before the Final. It would be the second time she would be coaching a team looking to win a title in their league Final; last time, it hadn’t gone so well. Her Senator team had been outplayed by League newcomer Ylesia in a 7-3 game, which had been both the last time she had been a coach in a title game as well as the last time the Senators made the Galactic Cup Final. It had been a long 11 years since that game, and a lot had changed. Yet, in some ways, things were still the same.

The game was the same. There was still a field, 15 players on each team, and a ball. Only the names, organizations, and leagues had changed. But the feeling was the same. She loved this game. It had been a hard road to get back here, but she had done it regardless. And now she was on the verge of finally tasting a title after so many years of coming up just short. Thyferra under her purvey in the beginning had been a strong team that couldn’t finish. It wasn’t until Keli Sen had been brought in that the Force had finally won a title, and had vaulted the former Starkiller to prominence with the Thyferran faithful. But there was still a level of respect for the Zeltron coach who had started the ball rolling after the Force had been purchased following the 268 season.

She had the players to do it with. Woody Wakes, the second-round pick who had been demoted halfway through the season from Coruscant, was the Force’s leading scorer since that point. Rowdy Roosey, another demotion, had a strong inside game as well as a physical style of play. Those two would be a handful for the Sandskimmers, who came in with the best defense in the League. They had shown it in their two playoff games to this point, so scoring points would be extremely important in this contest. The Force hadn’t been able to stop other teams from scoring all season, so there was a major hurdle to clear in that. But they had the best offense in the League from the regular season, so they had the best shot any team had to win this game.

When she looked at her roster, she could see a few future Elite League players. Wakes and Roosey had Elite League playing time already, but neither had found their full potential. Midfielder Soi’nya had a chance to make it somewhere in the coming years, as did defenseman Nevan, a utility back. There was talent here that might someday make waves in the Elite League, but they had to pay their dues first. That was the point of a development affiliate; there were dreams to be made, but first the challenges had to be overcome.

And that continued here in the LFL Final, which Pam hoped would be a chance for her to finally win that coveted title and proclaim herself to be a championship-caliber coach. Who knew what opportunities would lie ahead if she won here?

TAG: Runjedirun (for the Final on Sunday - good luck!)

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.