main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lucy Heart
    Solo Stadium, Coronet City, Corellia

The young woman's chest hurt with a mix of nervousness and excitement, still giddy over the close win last game against Ryloth. When she called her friends from the shuttle to Corellia they were just as exuberant, or fired up as they would say. Unfortunately the schedule would continue to keep her away from home until the Semifinals where one of the matches would be held. It pained her to think about watching two teams play in Arcadia Colosseum and neither of them had any Carratosians on them. However she was working on putting that possibility out of her mind. Team Carratos would win, they had to.

She didn't spend the whole time chatting with her friends and watching games. She was given many tasks to keep her busy during working hours. She relished the end of the day, getting to just rest. She was still getting used to being an adult, and all the responsibilities that come with it. She'd already made a few mistakes, small things a too hastily read report here, a message sent to the wrong person there. Thankfully some were caught or at least easy to apologize for. Ms. Kariz’e was rather forgiving despite her rather stern demeanor. It was still her first month in her first real job, mistakes would be made.

Right now she was working out setting up a meeting between Mr. Polenta and a business being. She was still conversing with the person's secretary trying to find an opening in both of their boss's schedules. With the Interplanetary Cup and the Draft it looked like the meeting wasn't going to bet set until the limmie season started, unless Schnitt decided to change somethings around the day of the Semifinals. That day was filled with events pertaining to hosting it. Even if team Carratos didn't make it they would still be gracious hosts. They would show how far they'd come since the 'Occupation'.

After that was done it was sorting out the team's schedule and getting the appropriate facilities secured so they could practice before the games, the next one was on Hapes. It was told to her many times that her gender was one of the main reasons the people in charge were willing to talk to her. That made her feel uncomfortable, to say the least. She thought things were changing over there but, apparently not at a fast pace. Just one of the things you have to deal with she guessed that and getting called a kid every now again.

With that out of the way she was able to check a message from her friends, they were watching the game. Of course they were, where else would they be. Looking though her personal messages, there was one from her father.

It had been two years since they spoke last, two years since she stormed out of the house she grew up in and came to the city she now calls home. Her finger hovered over it, tempted to delete it without even looking at what he had to say. She didn't need him, she had a job and friends that were as good as family to her, he had nothing to offer her, not any more. On the other hand, he was still her father, no matter how much she denied it, or how strained their relationship. The nervousness rose in her chest, constricting her making it hard to breathe.

Her mind replayed the scene, his austere office, the tall window that framed his tall chair, his hard eyes as he glared at her, his roaring voice that bellowed hurtful words at her. She took a breath locking the memory away. It was not good to her now, other than to remind her how much she didn't want to speak to her father again. He was a greedy fool that had stationed himself above everyone else simply because he'd been successful. He cared for nothing but, growing his own fortune, thinking only of himself, never having time for her or anyone else.

She finally looked up from her work and the game was half over with Ord Sabaok up by a little bit. Looking at the highlights it was an absolute shootout between the two teams. L.E.S was doing their best but, it wasn't enough to keep the team in the lead. This pained her more, she wanted something to cheer her up after all the running around she was doing and now to be greeted by her team struggling to pull out a win. It took a lot out of her, more than it should. She kept her eyes on the game trying not to miss a moment.

Tian, Car'rick, and Nara step on the field giving the starters a break. It looked to be the same strategy used against Ryloth though it looked like it might not work this time. There wasn't time to waste, Ord Sabaok was lighting up the scoreboard Carratos needed to keep pace, needed to catch up. Out of the gate Tian rushed down the field moving deftly around the defenders before passing off to Car'rick. It was a slightly different style of play from the last time she saw this line work together. There were still elements of the hard hitting style but, there were more muted, not the center piece of the play.

Crushing hits were still laid out, and the movements were still powerful but, there seemed to be a different goal behind it all, scoring. Were the last game was all about killing time, this one was about getting shots on goal. The forwards sent shot after shot at the goalie and were rebuffed many times. Each one Lucy bit at her nails a little. Each shot was a chance, a chance to turn the game around. They needed to win this one, or she wanted them to win this one, she wanted Carratos to play on their home field in the Semis, she wanted to return triumphant.

Though the reserves fought valiantly and showed great skill, the opposition seemed more determined more skilled. The young woman felt crestfallen watching the final minutes tick down. The starters leapt into action driving a late game rally that gave hope for a win. Lucy held her breath as Leigh charged in moving like lightning with her linemates flanking her. It was beautiful to see but, in the end futile. Ord Sabaok won the day. The uncomfortable feeling in her chest worsened.

All the team's and her hopes rested on one game, one game against a planet that had been the bane of the Pirates for so long, Coruscant.
    TAG: No One

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Starkillers announce roster moves
      • Several players become free agents
        • Kaat Stun (Human, Female, Goalkeeper)
        • Padme McKenz (Human, Female, Goalkeeper)
        • Lyle Kong (Human, Male, Half Back/Midfielder)
        • Morganthow (Ryn, Male, Half Forward)
        • Lou Jeffers (Human, Male, Full Back)
        • Nikkola Gotsburg (Zabrak, Female, Corner Forward)
      • Several players receive contract extensions
        • Lowatha - 5 years
        • Billy Bob Pitahaya - 3 years
        • Vallitt Comrom - 2 years
        • Wale Kell - 4 years
        • Teaspoon - 6 years
        • Niels Karuari - 3 years
        • Nina Odette - 2 years
        • Mort 5 - years
      • Jaya “Barefoot” Tam retires
    TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Trixie Penn
    Salis D’aar, Bakura

“Horst,” Trixie said, standing in the doorway.

“Before you say anything, you don’t need to wear pants when you call someone on the Holonet. I’m like 87% sure that’s the case. Or is it 78%...” Horst mused from the couch, where he was indeed not wearing any pants, while the holoprojector displayed an Interplanetary Cup game.

“If you weren’t wearing pants when you called the Mando’ade Mercs, then you did one thing right,” Trixie pointed out.

“I know! I made a note and everything after we talked. ‘Call Mando’ade Mercs,’” Horst said, holding up a sheet of flimsi.

“Move your thumb, Horst,” Trixie instructed him.

He complied, revealing the word “DON’T” in front of the phrase. “Oh man, I totally didn’t see that!”

Trixie set her bag down on the kitchen counter and stood with her head against the fridge in a silent commentary on the situation.

“Honey, I know you’re mad,” Horst said, getting off the couch to come into the kitchen, “but Adenn Vizsla was so awesome. Did you know he won a Galactic Cup with the Miners? That’s so cool.”

“Horst, did you won a Galactic Cup with the Miners the same year?” Trixie asked, turning away from the fridge.

“Oh right!” Horst said.

“I’m pretty sure that you had more to do with Adenn Vizsla getting a ring than he did,” Trixie said.

“I know that you’re unhappy, but on the plus side I’m pretty sure I wore pants when I talked to Ralltiir. I think. Actually, I might have lost them entirely. Do we have more pants somewhere?” Horst asked.

“Did the droid to laundry?” Trixie asked.

“Yes. Well, I assume it did after I sent it to get pizza,” Horst said. “The pizza thing was first. Also, I’m not sure we have any pizza...so the answer is maybe.”

“Then we maybe still have pants somewhere.”

“Oh my gosh, stupid me. I haven’t even asked about your day. Are you an attorney yet?” Horst asked.

“I became an attorney when I passed the bar,” Trixie corrected. “An employed attorney is the current goal. I did, however, go to Eckdorf Zplatt & Kowmak today for my interview.”

“Oh yeah. That’s the place with the funny names. Actually, are you sure they aren’t the Jakku front three? They all had funny names too,” Horst asked. “They could be mooning.”

“Moonlighting,” Trixie corrected.

“That’s what I said. Anyways, how did that go? Were they all, ‘You’re the most awesome, hottest lawyer ever. We totally want you to do legal things for us like enjunctures and restraint litigation and interdictions’?”

“None of those are legal things,” Trixie informed him.

“But I bet you could do them. That’s how awesome you are at law stuff,” Horst said. “Anyways, did they give you a job?”

“Not yet, but that was where I did my summer associate work last year, so they kind of have to offer me one,” Trixie said. “Otherwise they’d look stupid. So they’d look exactly like they are.”

“Wait, this is the place you worked before? The place with the awesome office chairs? We had the best office chair races with those!” Horst said. “You have to work there! You could be a champion office chair racer with their chairs!”

“That is my overriding career goal,” Trixie admitted. She looked over Horst’s shoulder at the Bakura-Dac game. “Bakura losing again?”

“Oh yeah, it’s like super bad. They have zero defense out there. The Mariners are walking all over them,” Horst said. “I mean, they’re trying to play being-to-being against a screen passing attack. That’s like the stupidest thing they could possibly doing right now.” It was the smartest thing that Horst had said in the entire conversation at this point. “The only thing that would be stupider would be if they weren’t wearing pants right now. That’d be pretty stupid.” Horst laughed.

“Yeah, Valerii just does not know how to coach defense,” Trixie agreed. “If another team ever hired Hulu, the team would probably fall apart. Except for you, Horst.” She stood on her tiptoes to kiss him. “You’d be amazing and everyone else would be terrible. It would be like the greatest, hottest thing ever.”

“I know, but I want everyone on the team to do well,” Horst said. “After all, there is no ‘me’ in team.” Trixie decided to let that one pass.

Horst groaned as he remembered something. “I totally forgot to ask Adenn Vizsla what kind of office chairs the Mercs have! They probably have flamethrowers on them! That’d be so awesome! I’m going to call them right now!”

“Wait! Horst!” Trixie called after him as he ran off.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik Runjedirun

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Interplanetary Cup Game 3

Group A:

Hapes Consortium vs. Nar Shaddaa (at Banker’s Financial Square, Raltiir) (15-6)

Denon vs. Chiss Ascendancy (at Bakura Gardens, Bakura) (0-16)

Group B:

Bakura vs. Mandalore (at Denon Stadium, Denon) (17-3)

Sabilon vs. Dac (at Senator Stadium, Coruscant) (23-12)

Group C:

Rydonni Prime vs. Zeltros (at Arcadia Colosseum, Carratos) (24-20)

Corellia vs. Raltiir (at Vandelhelm Stadium, Vandelhelm) (27-33)

Group D:

Carratos vs. Coruscant (at Royal Limmie Grounds, Hapes) (26-22)

Ord Sabaok vs. Ryloth (at Stoney End Park, Chandrila) (18-37)

TAGS to Everyone

Final Pool Play Standings:

Final Standings:

Group A:

Chiss Ascendancy (3-0)
    Nar Shaddaa (1-2) PF: 43 PA: 43 PD: 0
    Denon (1-2) PF: 33 PA: 67 PD -34
    Hapes Consortium (1-2) PF: 33 PA: 26 PD: 7

Chiss Ascendancy
    Hapes Consortium
    Nar Shaddaa
    Denon

Group B:
    Mandalore (1-2)
    Bakura (1-2)
    Dac (2-1) PF:
    Sabilon (2-1)

Sabilon
    Dac
    Bakura
    Mandalore

Group C:

Rydonni Prime (1-2)
    Ralltiir (2-1)
    Corellia (2-1)
    Zeltros (1-2)

Ralltiir
    Corellia
    Rydonni Prime
    Zeltros

Group D:

Ord Sabaok (2-1)
    Carratos (2-1)
    Coruscant (1-2)
    Ryloth (0-3)

Ord Sabaok
    Carratos
    Coruscant

Ryloth

Group Finals:

Group A:

Hapes Consortium vs. Chiss Ascendancy at Senator Stadium, Coruscant

Group B:

Sabilon vs. Dac at Six Boroughs Stadium, Nar Shaddaa

Group C:

Corellia vs. Ralltiir at Bakura Gardens, Bakura

Group D:

Carratos vs. Ord Sabaok at Mesh'la Vhetin, Mandalore

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Richard Vigo

Just when my foot massage started getting good Corellia scored their first goal. Tomas wasn’t fazed he controlled the ball with ease taking it all the way to the goal and tying the score just a minute later. The entire first half was a back and forth offensive free for all. I couldn’t decide what was more exciting seeing my brother play so hard or seeing my son wave for the holo cam’s from the crowd. Ty being there was definitely news. Was he scouting players for the Starkillers? Or simply enjoying a game with his son’s and nephew. I was just elated that Jimsey was out having a good time.

The second half started with Tomas on the bench. Wylma and Wylla Sniider helped to tighten our defense by playing off of each other. Corellia was down by 5 points, the most since the game began. I could see a tense angry scowl on Tomas’ face. Finally he was subbed back in the game. He didn’t mess around either. He put a goal in fast, but as soon as he did Corellia scored back. Ralltiir’s lead began to slip and Tomas was pulled.

Nothing changed the game remained at 27 Corellia 30 Ralltiir for several tense minutes. Tomas stood up as Corellia called a desperate time out with only a few seconds left. Tomas ran out on the field and tagged Wylma out of the game. You could tell Coach Reeser was caught off guard. Corellia was surprised as well. Tomas rummaged the ball from the offense, fiercely dribbled up field and scored the final points of the game. A 33 – 27 victory for Ralltiir.

IC: Tomas Vigo

Tuesday

Now that was a Limmie game! We avoided elimination and travel on to Bakura. Every game from here on out is an elimination game. And it’s not going to be easy on us. We play Corellia again next week. I can’t imagine how hungry they will be. I hope they aren’t half as angry as my coach. Yea, I got chewed out just a little for going back into that game today.

Coach Reeser has some extra drills in store for me this week and I’m ready for them. Luckily she’s not crazy enough to pull any of my minutes. Lots of beings are asking why I did it. It’s simple. I knew I could win. I could have asked Coach Reeser to be subbed back in, but I knew it would be easier to take matters into my hands. If she had hesitated we could have lost. Limmie is the one thing in life I know I have been destined for.

Time for all of us here on the shuttle to rest up for another hard week of practice and our big game next week. I want to say thanks to everyone on Ralltiir for allowing me to represent you in this tournament. I am having the time of my life!

I ate breakfast anxiously and looked at the chrono nearly 100 times. Finally it was time to leave for the spaceport. Jimsey ran down the shuttle ramp and into Ryan’s arms first. They embraced for a long time. Eventually I cleared my throat, “Did you miss me?” I asked.

Jimsey and Ryan parted. Jimsey turned his large head and his big brown eyes made contact with mine. As we hugged he asked, “Can I go to Bakura with Ty?”

“Whoa,” I said breaking back. “You just got home and you want to leave already?”

“Uncle Tomas is good at Limmie. I want to see him play again. And T.J. and Ezra are my best friends,” he pleaded.

“Bakura is a really long way from here,” I explained. “We can watch together on the holo. Perhaps we will go see Tomas play for Tatooine in the fall.”

“I want to go to Bakura,” Jimsey said in a whiny voice.

Ty approached. “He is welcome to come. I still have to secure some tickets and the Gardens is a small venue, but I think I can pull some strings.” Ty said with a sly smile.

“Let us know if you get the tickets and we’ll think about it,” I said.

“Yes!” I heard the ring of three young male voices in unison.

The trip to Vendelhelm had only been a one night trip. Travel to Bakura would mean being away from Jimsey for four days. I wanted to go. It would be a great family trip. I had huge reservations about leaving the planet right now though. I had been in my mother’s house and I was very worried she and Trey were planning to flee the planet before his trial. There wasn’t much unpacked, the whole place felt so temporary. In my head I had rehearsed a conversation with my mother, but I just hadn’t been able to get it out yet.

When we arrived home I had a surprise message on my private line. Andres Fortune congratulating us on Tomas’ play and asking for a call back. After making sure Jimsey was back on track with his studies I returned the call. Andres wasn’t shy, he was asking for his job back. “I know you need a full forward,” he gloated.

“And just what do you think I’ll have to give up to Nar Shadda to bring you in?” I asked.

“I haven’t barely seen the field since I arrived here. You shouldn’t have to pay much,” he admitted. “They’ve been missing out. I can still play. You bring me on and I’ll score 20 points on opening day.”

“I’ll think about it,” I said.

I wanted to help him. He was family. My sister and her husband lived apart 6 months of the year so he could work out on a practice squad on one planet. While she led dance squad for the Starkillers here on Ralltiir. During the off season they shared a house on Corellia where he grew up. During the season their son and Justyne’s daughter remained on Corellia where they were raised by Fortune’s parents.

On the other hand I wanted to change the way things were done on Ralltiir. I was tired of the favoritism among family members and the Starkillers. I was supposed to be the owner who brought in the best players available, not facilitate my own family.

I went to find Ryan. He was in the bedroom filling a droid with a soft blue paint. “That was awkward,” I said.

“As awkward as the call with Horst Penn?” Ryan asked.

“Well not that awkward. I’m certain Fortune was wearing pants.”

“Did he make you ride your office chair around your desk?”

“I can’t believe I did that and I’m still trying to figure out why I did that.”

“Don’t worry about it, it was funny,” Ryan said as he directed the droid out into the hallway to begin painting.

“Yea, well I’m going to check on Jimsey and then I guess I’ll find out how much Nar Shadda is asking.”

Tag: Trieste

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 285: Medal of Valor

“Welcome, welcome to…” Commissioner Lokensgaard paused. “Where are we again?” He looked around. “Oh, that’s right. Welcome to Denon! Just kidding, I knew where we are the whole time.

“Now, I know you’re all thinking, ‘Hooray! It is time for Fenrir’s annual song and dance routine! Let me break out my datapad to record it for posterity!’ I have terrible news for all of you,” Fenrir announced. “As it turns out...well, see, I had one prepared...but unfortunately it was a duet and the being with whom I was going to perform isn’t really that interested in taking part, so there’s no musical number this year.”

It was hard to tell which was louder: the cheering or the disappointed cries. Probably the former.

“Instead, let’s talk about the team with the first overall pick. Yes, Kuat is back! The Kuat Triforce--wait, sorry. The Kuati Valor. These things are confusing. First they’re one name and then they’re another. But they are definitely now valorous. Definitely not triforced. And, they are picking first.

“So, even though I was intending to croon for the next 30 minutes straight, let’s begin the Draft. The Kuati Valor are now on the clock!”

TAG: The Mad Zookeeper

jcgoble3 likes this.
  7. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    OOC: am sick right now, and in bed when not at work. will post soon as can breath better.

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  8. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bakura Miners announce they will play no friendlies prior to the 285 season
    • Quinn Cundertol says that last year's friendly game against Naboo was for the express purpose of getting players back in action after missing a season
    • Cundertol: "If I were other teams I'd be careful about scheduling friendlies. With the Interplanetary Cup, player fatigue could set in easily"
    • HSN analsyst: "Says the being who didn't have three of his marquee players compete in the Interplanetary Cup"
    TAG: None

Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Team Bakura comments after win against Team Mandalore
      • Head coach Valerii: "I won't say that there wasn't some satisfaction from denying Mandalore a shot at the Group Final. We put together a great game today"
      • Forward Caffrette McMee on silencing critics: "I didn't go out there to do that. I went out there to play my best game and I think we did that today. Where I get drafted isn't up to me. I'll wait and find out how that goes"
      • Niskat Deenever on not getting to play in the Interplanetary Cup: "It was tough. I understand why Coach Valerii did it, but it was hard. I wanted to be out there"
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  10. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Royal Limmie Grounds, Hapes

After the defeat at the hands of Ord Sabaok Lucy and her friends felt crushed by the situation, at least her friends had a game at Arcadia Colosseum to boost their spirits. All Lucy had was a painful feeling in her chest. Carratos needed to win this game, and they had to win against Courscant, a team that had beaten them more times than not. Part of her knew that these weren't the Senators but, the name Courscant, it still sent shivers up her spine. A lot of hopes rested on the outcome of this game, the second chance could end here.

The stands were packed with fans of both teams flags waving with pride, whoever won this game would go on to the group final. Lucy swallowed hard as the teams took the field. L.E.S would be starting as usual but, would they be enough. The energy in the stadium was oppressive and exhilarating all at the same time. Both camps had a lot riding on this game. Neither side was going to hold anything back, they were going to put all their effort into it. That extended to the fans, 'Drunken Spacer' rang out across the pitch, answered by the Courscant fans with their own chant.

In this cacophonous setting the match began. Courscant took first possession driving quickly into the back field. The defense caught on their back foot reeled under the early attack. Qazi thankfully was on the ball before it could go in, this game was going to be hard enough, they didn't need to go down by a goal at the outset. Throwing it back into play Carratos responded with their own fast attack, stopped handily by the capital's defenders. The balance shifts back and forth for the first part of the match, each side being rebuffed by the other, no points had been scored in the initial five minutes, despite all the shots made.

Then like a dam bursting, Courscant scored, their fans cheered, and the Carratos contingent booed. With a fire visible from high up in the box Lucy's home stuck back. Breaking though the veterans that had shown up to represent their home, the difference in speed and endurance was becoming apparent as the game moved on. The older players had some tricks up their sleeves but, the younger Carratos team had more raw endurance and were beginning to outpace the other team. That didn't mean it was a cakewalk. Coruscant still kept up with the younger team, going blow for blow, goal for goal.

The scoreboard was lit up a literal expression of the will of each team. They were even and each goal led to another thunderous cheer from either side. It sounded almost like Mesh'la Vhetin out there loud nearly deafening. The noise seemed to drive the teams forward, each cheer gave the teams more fuel more dive. The next attack bore along by the sounds of 'Drunken Spacer', Laz juked around Organa and passed up to Seiji. The half-forward spun around the charging defender making a blind pass over to Else. She had a closing window to make a move. Lucy was looking with bated breath each score meant a lot and the time was running out before the half.

The ball left Else's hand with speed rocketing up into the top corner of the net. It was just one of many scored so far but, it put Carratos back into the lead just before the half. At the break the young woman collapsed into a chair, Ms. Kariz’e looked over and smiled. There weren't many perks to this job but, getting to see a game every week more than made up for the stresses. Which the young woman's boss handed off, Schnitt needed a few things looked at mostly expenses just getting back from the accountants. She gave them a brief scan, there were already a few overruns so that wasn't good.

She was deep into the reports when the game started up again. L.E.S was still in the game, shift from the usual strategy of putting in the reserves. Team Coruscant came out with fire, scoring quickly and frequently. They gained a sizable lead over Lucy's home team. The pressure began to mount as Carratos started to struggle. The offense seemed to be slowed a little, the tricky veterans finding ways to slow the once lightning fast attackers. Time was ticking on and Coruscant was pulling a little further ahead. The uncomfortable feeling in her chest built and built to an agonizing height.

Then Leigh gets a breakaway, out running the defenders with a sudden burst of speed. With an over hand throw the ball shot into the ground bouncing under the scrambling Wilder. The crowd was on their feet chanting, it felt like things were turning. Wilder threw the ball back into play but, Else intercepted the pass and let off a hard, fast kick into the open side of the net. Carratos was gaining ground making their way back, Lucy was shaking with nervousness, was there enough time, enough time to pull out a win.

Then it happened, Seiji put a shot into the back of the net bringing the score to 20 to 19, they'd taken back the lead. It was a slim margin but, hopefully slim enough to win. Soon it was shown that it wasn't. Morgan Renhorn broke though Kala and slammed a shot of her own past Qazi. A heavy sigh ripples through the fans waving the blue and red banner of Carratos. This felt like it was it, their run was over. Lucy sat back down in her chair letting out a deep breath. Well, at least she'd get to go home.

While she felt defeated, looking up at the holo, it seemed her team wasn't, they came roaring back. The defense burst out of their zone passing quickly to Laz, the play was in motion almost unstoppable. Both teams were running on fumes after a hard-fought game but, it seemed Carratos had just a bit more to give. Else had the ball, she tried to get around her defender but, was ripped to the ground. She chipped the ball forward and the fast feet of Seiji popped it up into his hands as he crossed the field. Leigh ran behind him heading for the opposite corner of the goal box. It was a perfect setup.

Seiji made the pass across the goal mouth and Leigh headed it in. Slowly Lucy had gotten to her feet, they could do, she didn't believe it but, there it was. The ball just brushed against the cross bar and into the net. The stands exploded into cheers, Lucy herself was jumping up. The dream was still alive, the second chance still had a chance. On the next play the ball was fumbled and Leigh capitalized on it, netting other goal finally putting the game away. It had been an up and down game for the young woman, almost too much so. She slumped onto the floor missing her chair entirely.

It had been close, too close, and there was still a long way to go but, this hurtle was past them, Mandalore, here they come.

TAG: Jedi Gunny

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Interplanetary Cup Update

Group Finals:

Group A:

Hapes Consortium vs. Chiss Ascendancy at Senator Stadium, Coruscant (19-13)

Group B:

Sabilon vs. Dac at Six Boroughs Stadium, Nar Shaddaa (31-25)

Group C:

Corellia vs. Ralltiir at Bakura Gardens, Bakura (25-5)

Group D:

Carratos vs. Ord Sabaok at Mesh'la Vhetin, Mandalore (10-32)

Semifinals:

Hapes Consortium vs. Corellia at Banker’s Financial Square, Ralltiir

Sabilon vs. Ord Sabaok at Arcadia Colosseum, Carratos

TAG to galactic-vagabond422, Runjedirun, jcgoble3

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool, Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the 284 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Ken Kitterich, Justin is I don't know where probably sleeping one off after last night. Liz Baker on the boards and really doing everything since the unnamed and unpaid intern is on the other side of the glass doing nothing..."

"I'm manning the comm lines!"

"...and oh baby do we have a show for you. How you feeling Ken?"

"I am doing well, yourself?"

"Doin' great, that Galactic Cup Championship glow still hasn't worn off, and I'm feeling great."

"Any word from..."

"From Justin? Nope, I know he went to the game last night at Meshla Vhetin..."

"Oh I bet he had a great time there, a great time."

"Yeah that Ord Sabaok team is looking pretty good."

"Scored 32 points in the win over Carratos."

"Yeah that's pretty shabla good."

"Only gave up ten too, they may be the team to beat in this tournament."

"So glad Justin isn't here to hear you say that."

"He would make the who show about this you know, and we have other things to talk about."

"College shock ball starting to heat up now..."

"Did you see that Verp Tech squad? I think they're going to go undefeated..."

"Nah, maybe in the SEC, but they'll fall come tournament time. no one is getting past UCBV."

"They already lost to GVSU!"

"Yeah, but that was their first game, since then they've been unbeatable. They are going to take it all come playoff time."

"Don't sleep on that Concord dawn team either, they have some spunk."

"Too young, look at the stats..."

"Ummmm we have a caller already that demands to be put through..."

"Demand? This is my show, no one makes..."

"GO BUCKS!!!" Justin's voice came through over the comm line, obviously drunk and very excited.

"And here we go...."

TAG: No one -- just a bit of fun since tOSU played on Mandalore. :p

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Denon

"With the first overall pick in the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft," Fenrir Lokensgaard announced, "the Kuati Valor select Shuri Kaniyas, Half Forward, Balmorra State University!"

The triple award winner out of Balmorra State, the unlikely college playoff team, became the latest Helmsman Award winner to go high.

"The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock."

TAG: The Mad Zookeeper Vehn

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009

285 ELL Draft
    Denon

Helen sat on a chair backstage and waited. She shifted in her seat, leaned forward, clasped her hands together, looked down at the floor. All she felt inside was a mixture of boredom and anxiety. She didn't make eye contact with the other draftees. She didn't want to jinx anything. She just needed to center herself in this moment and focus. Focus on how she'd done in the ELL Combine. Focus on how she'd impressed scouts. Focus on how she'd played her heart out at VCU and earned the Ruy Gey Award.

The loudspeaker beyond the curtain boomed. The crowd roared as Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard gave his introductory speech. He touched briefly on the franchises of the Elite League. Their history, the significance of this day for the young blood about to enter the league. He also cracked a few jokes. If there was one thing to be said about Lokensgaard it was that he held the ELL to a high standard. He also knew when to cut loose and his popularity in this age of Limmie was way above and beyond what had ever been dreamt of with Niakara Kayl'hen, his predecessor.

She perked up as Lokensgaard commenced the draft. "With the first overall pick of the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Kuati Valor select Shuri Kaniyas, Half Forward, Balmorra State University!"

Helen looked up as Shuri walked past her. He was a triple award winner, he had won the Helmsman trophy, he was also a Barabel and part of her wondered if they would have many matches in the future. She didn't know him personally but she wished him the best all the same. He was going to the newest team to be admitted to the Elite League. They were known as the Kuati Valor. That team from Kuat had changed its name often over the years. They had once been known as the Tri Force and before that she was sure they had been called something else as well.

More cheers, more whistles, as Shuri breached the barrier of the curtain and walked out on stage to accept his jersey and shake hands with a representative of the Valor. Helen could see flashes from the holocameras. Shuri was now etched in immortality. He was the first pick of the 285 ELL Draft.

"The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers are now on the clock," Lockensgaard said.

Helen looked over at her fellow VCU classmates. She made eye contact with Lawrence "Law" Tyburn, a hulking defensive back who had laid down the law time and time again. Her eyes flicked over to Jade Enders, the slender but aggressive defensive back who had anchored the wings of the VCU defense in which Helen had excelled. They exchanged knowing looks. All of them were certain that at least one of the members of their graduating class would be taken by Nar Shaddaa. The team that dwelled on the Vertical City had switched to recruiting locally these last few years in an effort to bolster ties with their collegiate pipeline at VCU. Besides, there had been some great players to come out of the school in the last few years and that always weighed heavily on the final draft decision made by the front office.

"One of us is going to be picked," Law said speaking up.

"I don't want the pressure," Jade admitted.

"It could be any one of us," Helen said, "and I doubt they're going to pick a goalkeeper. After they selected Liz Wilder in the second round last year, and Charlie Blackwood a few years before that, they should be set at that position. I bet they're going to pick one of you. They need the help on defense. A unit that has struggled the last few years to keep the Smugglers in games."

"I'm ready if I'm called," Law said.

"Maybe we'll be reunited when this is all over," Jade said, "best of luck to all of you."

"The pick is in," someone announced backstage.

Helen's heart raced in her chest. She once again quieted herself down as she looked at her worn hands. Factory hands. Hands that had bled and sweated over the years to keep her family above water level. Hands that had deflected shot after shot in her collegiate limmie days. Hands that had never failed her despite the crushing difficulty of living on the Vertical City.

Her ears perked as she heard a voice speaking. It was Meredith Chambers-Vayne announcing the second pick of the 285 draft. Her heart raced some more. Meredith had been chosen by the team in the off-season to return to her natural role of defensive coordinator. The team wasn't playing around. They wanted their defense fixed so they brought back the best to do so. Meredith had won another Cup with the team in 276 in that exact role. Management was hoping she could bring that magic to the franchise once more.

"With the second pick of the 285 draft," Meredith said, "the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select...."

Helen felt herself standing as her name was called. Felt hard slaps on the back from Lawrence Tyburn and Jade Enders. It was as if she were moving on autopilot. She felt the crushing wave of sound, louder than anything she'd ever experienced, hit her hard in the chest, threatening to rupture her eardrums, threatening to take away her voice, threatening to take away her soul. She stepped out onto the stage into the bright lights of stardom. She felt a Smugglers hat thrust into her hands. That's right, she needed to put that on, she reminded herself.

She walked over to the podium, still in a daze, as veteran goalkeeper and four time Galactic Cup champion Meredith Chambers-Vayne shook her hand. The aging veteran still had a killer shake and as Helen looked in her eyes she also saw that she still had that killer mentality. She recognized the look. It was one she carried with her everyday. Every. Single. Day.

Helen posed with her jersey as the holocameras blinded her. 'The Crew' roared. They were practically going nuts. It didn't matter that the Smugglers chose another goalkeeper for the second time in two years. They knew what the front office was doing. The strategy had been proven to work. You kept picking a goalkeeper until you struck gold. Good ones, the great ones, were very hard to find. Helen knew she had a long shadow to escape from. Meredith's play wa something everyone revered. She was one of the best to ever wear the Burgundy and Black.

"Welcome to Nar Shaddaa, Helen," Meredith said, "the fate of our franchise rests squarely on your shoulders. I am going to take it upon myself to be your personal mentor. I will teach you everything I know. In return you will deliver us a championship. Understand?"

"Absolutely," Helen said as she walked off stage. "I won't let you down."

"I know you won't," Meredith said as she gave Helen a pat on the back.

What a feeling....Helen thought as she was escorted backstage.

GM Approved!

[​IMG]

Name: Helen Ripley
    Birth Year: 260 ABY (25 Years Old)
    Physical Appearance: Black Hair, Brown Eyes, 5' 11''
    Homeworld: Nar Shaddaa
    Relation to Team: Goalkeeper

Helen delayed going to college to help support her family when her father was injured in a work accident and lost his job at the steel mill. She was on the verge of accepting an offer to go to VCU when her father said to her one morning, "There have always been Ripleys at the mill and I'd hate to see that tradition go away now." His meaning was clear. She went to work later that day. She did it to keep money coming in for her family. She did it because it was the right thing to do. The traditional thing to do. She did it because, as her father had so pointedly reminded her, there had always been a Ripley at the steel mill. It was what her family did. It was all they knew.

Work hard until you die. That was the unofficial family motto.

Several years passed and Ripley began to feel that she needed something else in her life. One day a co-worker was badly injured in the smelting plant nearly losing her life. The incident rattled Ripley. Rattled her to the core. Ripley made a decision that day. A decision to resume her studies. A decision to get out of the mill before it took her own life.

Helen enrolled at VCU at 21 years old. She rediscovered a passion for limmie. She found that playing goalkeeper was the best position for her. It suited her style. It suited her personality. It suited her way of life. Rough, gruff, and not afraid to get tough.

Three years later she walked out of VCU with a degree in hand. She declared for the draft. She impressed at the ELL Combine. She even won an award: the Ruy Gey Award for best goalkeeper. Now she awaits word as she sits backstage of which team from the Elite League will pick her. Rumors swirl that she could fall. Rumors swirl that she isn't good enough. Rumors swirl that she's too raw of a prospect to even go in the first round.

Tag: Trieste;galactic-vagabond422

Trieste, Bardan_Jusik and Runjedirun like this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Tomas Vigo

Friday

It’s over. We played 4 games and went 2 for 2. Not the best showing, but for a team that just met and started practices a month ago, I think we did pretty good. Starr and Fizzle got to show off their talents before the draft and I get to go finish my final semester of high school. If we had moved on to the semifinals I would have been stuck with a tutor for half of each day. I hope everyone enjoyed the extra Limmie. I had a good time and learned a lot. Hope everyone is ready to watch me develop further at Tatooine and hopefully someday for the Starkillers.

Tomas Vigo

Ryan and Jimsey went to Bakura without me. I stayed home. It was a good opportunity for them to bond, Ty wasn’t traveling alone for 4 days with three kids and I was getting a lot of work done. The first thing I had to do was talk to my mother. I went to the house unannounced and Trey answered the door. He was way too friendly. “I need to speak to my mother,” I stated all business.

“Of course, come in.” He smiled ear to ear and it creeped me out.

“I need to speak to my mother alone,” I said.

“I’ll go get her,” Trey turned and went in the house. I stood in the foyer and waited several minutes. Finally my mom appeared. She was wearing workout attire and she looked tired.

She faked a smile and gave me a hug. “You look great, so you want to get out of the house and talk?”

One thing about my mom, at least she knew what I wanted. “You can shower and change, if you need,” I offered.

My mom declined the offer, we ended up in the back corner of a caf shop. In street clothes we went unrecognized. For the first time I learned how torn up my mother was. “Mom,” I said taking her hand. “If Georgia can take on raising 4 kids without a man to help her you can raise one.”

She looked back at me tears streaming down her cheeks.

“If you flea,” I said. “You will be a fugitive. What kind of life will Louise have with no parents? How do you think Tomas will feel if you never see him play a college level game? If you and Trey take off you are being selfish.”

“We have talked about it,” my mother admitted. “Richard I just don’t know what I’ll do without him.”

“Do you miss Bartholomew? How do you justify that he killed your,”

“Stop it!” My mother put down her caf mug and buried her face in her hands. My mother wasn’t ready to talk any further. “I want to go home,” she said.

I granted her wish and flew her back to her house. I kissed her on the cheek and told her to be careful.

The next day was filled with contract negotiations. Kaat Stun wanted a sum I wasn’t willing to offer. Especially not for a player with a history of disciplinary issues. This seemed like a good business decision until my next meeting with Padme McKenz. McKenz didn’t even want to talk about her contract. She wanted out. Her explanation, she and my brother Spencer had some kinda messy break up. So two meetings and I’m out two keepers. Not a good start.

I had better luck with our forwards. I lost two but kept four. Pitahaya and Karuari extended their deals for 3 years, Odette extended her contract 2 years. We were a little heavy on Wookiee forwards but Lowatha, was willing to stay on for cheap so I kept her as well. Gotsburg was a tough loss, but Morganthow had never started during her tenure and I felt she was replaceable.

Jeffers was another contract I was happy not to renew. He had been in and out of trouble his entire career. One thing I was determined to do aside from win games, was clean up our image. Our final loss Lyle Kong was tough, he’d been with the organization for years, but his best playing days were clearly behind him. Defenders Comron, Kell and Karuari all resigned.

After the long day of meetings I went home and there was nothing to do. I was so alone, the house so empty without Ryan and Jimsey. I got excited when my data pad vibrated on the dinner table, I thought they were calling to check in. Instead I got really bad news. Kara Sureysh had been scheduled for surgery today. I had totally forgotten. The head trainer was calling to tell me that the surgeons found her knee to be in much worse shape than they imagined.

“So what’s that mean?” I asked putting my fork down.

“It means she’ll need another surgery. It means she won’t play next season.” The trainer must have seen my face fall. “But don’t worry, she’ll be back stronger than ever in ’86.”

“Thanks for the update,” I deadpanned.

“Don’t be so down,” the trainer continued. “I got a look at Fortune yesterday and he doesn’t have a scratch on him.”

“Thanks,” I said again. “I appreciate you keeping me informed.”

After a day of press conferences I settled in alone to watch Ralltiir play Corellia. It was very one sided. Ralltiir fought, but they never found a groove. Tomas played well and when he was taken out he didn’t argue to go back in. I know I should be upset, but I was more relieved. Jimsey was to start school a few days after he got back. I didn’t need him arguing to go travelling off world again.

The next two days I kept myself busy with hiring stadium staff and making a list of repairs needed at the stadium. I arrived at the spaceport an hour early to meet Ryan and Jimsey. The next morning our house felt right again. My oatmeal tasted better when I had someone to share it with.

Tag: No one

Trieste, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Denon

The shuttle ride from Mandalore was not a fun one, after watching her team, her home, get destroyed, she was crestfallen. She sunk down into the chair just glaring at the seat in front of her. The game was close for the first few minutes then Ord Sabaok just pulled further and further. There came a point when there was no hope, when there was no amount of effort that would bring them back. It felt like all last season, struggle bravely and strongly but, still come up short. It felt crushing, after winning the GC to get so torn down afterwards, it was painful.

They landed on Denon just her, Mr. Polenta, and Ms. Kariz’e. Mr. Manx-Sandin stayed behind to work on his play book, it seemed he was taking the losses rather hard. She made her way down the gang way and into a crowd of people. She kept close to the two being with her until she heard a voice over the din of the mass.

"Heyyyy, Lucy," A boy with pink hair and a white scarf around his neck, waved his arm in the air, jumping up and down.

Another human male with dark blue hair put an arm around the other's shoulder, pulling him down slightly. "Would you stop waving around like an idiot." He grumbled.

"How's Lucy going to see me?" the light haired boy snapped back.

"No one can miss your pink hair, it freaking glows."

"Well we can't all have oily locks like you."

"Oily I'll…." The dark haired man was silenced by an arm pulling him into a hug, a hug against a metal breast plate. His and his conversation partner's heads bang against the armor as two strong arms, wrapped in metal held them close.

"Now, you two aren't fighting are you?" A somewhat deep, yet warm female voice called out.

"No," the pair called out through their squished faces.

"Good," the vice like arms release and the boys turn away. Lucy smiles laughing a bit as she came closer to the trio.

"Natsu, Gray, Erza!" She wrapped her arms around them hugging them for the first time in what felt like ages. "What are you doing here?" she asked finally taking a little step back.

"We're not really too sure." Gray, the dark haired one said, rubbing the back of his head.

"Makarov just gave us some tickets and told us to go." Erza the taller woman wearing a breastplate, pauldrons, vambraces, and gauntlets explained. Seeing a woman in armor seemed to draw some attention but, when Madalorians walk around in head to toe metal, someone if half that isn't too strange.

"Yeah gramps said something about bringing some fancy clothes as well."

"Why would he ask you to do that?" Lucy asked furrowing her brow.

"Not sure but, great that we ran into you." Erza continued,

"Where are you guys staying?"

"Not sure, Makarov said someone would meet us here."

"Well I'll walk with you." The group walks to the luggage pick up and after far too much waiting one of their bags came into view, it was a small nerf hide pack with thin straps that Natsu simply threw onto his back. Next was was a dark blue hard shell case that moved along on repulsers, here were a few nicks and dents but, overall it was serviceable. Gray picked it up with one arm and set it on the ground. The last were two huge suitcases, brown in color and simple yet sturdy in their construction. Erza lifted them up as if they were nothing.

They all three smile as they make their way down to the exit of the spaceport. At the exit there was a being with a sign with Lucy's friend's names on it. Appears Makarov did send someone. With a final hug the group split, Lucy heading off to her hotel paid for by the Pirates, and her friends heading to a place they weren't sure of.

Lucy settled in to yet another room that looked eerily similar to all the others she'd been in recently. She took a shower and put on her pajamas. Slipping off to sleep she thought about how nice it was to see her friends again, and wondered why they were here.

The next morning was a fully of activity as the front office got ready for the draft. No less than three times did Lucy see Ms. Kariz’e, Syrnola, straighten Mr. Polenta's tie. They came off like a married couple rather than boss and secretary.

In the speeder to the hall, Mr. Polenta smiled at the newest employee. "So," he started, "Having fun learning the ropes?"

Lucy smiled a little, rubbing the back of her head. "Well it isn't easy but, I think I'm getting the hang of it."

"Good, good." He returned to looking out the window drumming his fingers on the armrest.

A few minutes later they were backstage a storm of bodies moving around , running hither and yon, making sure everything was in place, everyone had what they needed. As they walked past a few of the other teams representatives Lucy saw holo projectors lit up with stats and statistics and mock drafts. Each one looking for the best pick.

"There called 'War Rooms'." Mr. Polenta whispered to the young woman.

"Oh," she added quietly. When they got to the Pirates' 'War Room' it was very quiet, not the hustle of activity the others had been. The holo-projector didn't come up, the space was not set aglow with numbers and pictures. They waited patiently as the newest team, Valor made their pick. Of course they took one of the highest rated players. Mr. Polenta and Syrnola were unfazed. Then the smugglers made their pick of a Goalkeeper, again the pair was unmoved.

Now the Pirates were on the clock, the Balosar and Twi'lek share a look,

"You sure you want to go through with this boss?" the secretary asked.

"Fate has decided." He replied tossing a coin into the air and catching it before walking onto the stage smiling to the packed auditorium.

"With the third pick of the 285 ELL Draft the Carratos Pirates select…" there was a pause, given the fact that there had been no discussion it seemed the GM already had their choice locked in. "Natsu Dragon, Midfielder of the Carratos Junior League O'Pahz Privateers."

[​IMG]

Lucy's jaw dropped as a very familiar pick haired young man nearly ran to the stage, eschewing the stairs all together and leaping onto the stage right next to Mr. Polenta. For the first time in ever he was dressed in a nice suit and tie with his usually wild pink hair combed back. With his White scarf still around his neck he beamed a toothy grin at the cameras as he took the jersey and furiously shook Mr. Polenta's hand.

"The Ralltiir Starkillers are on the clock."

It took all of Lucy's control not to run out and pull her friend into a crushing hug. They'd always talked about playing in the ELL together, now it was a reality. She only hoped her other friends were just as lucky.

TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  17. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I’m sitting in a conference room with Dash, Ty and Loren. Kuat opens the draft by taking one of the few forwards on the board. Not surprising. This is my first season as GM and I’m feeling doomed before it even starts. The Starkillers long time captain Kara Sureysh went in for a routine surgery to scrape some cartilage. This doesn’t sound good, but the trainers assured me and our coaches she would only be out for six weeks. Well apparently when the doctors saw the knee during surgery they decided one wasn’t enough and six years became a year. A year. A second surgery has been scheduled for next month. So here we are, missing two of our starters from last year’s roster, both forwards and there are only 6 on the board, make that five.

Loren, Dash and Ty don’t look worried. I do my best to keep my cool. It was just like Ryan said before I left, I was just here to look sharp and welcome the rookies. It was up to the Coaching staff to do the actual drafting. The thought of Ryan brought a smile to my face. I’m sure he and Jimsey are home right now stuffing their faces with junk. They always have a blast when I’m not home to monitor their behavior. It’s never fun to be the responsible one, but somebody’s got to do it and I was born responsible.

The next two picks went by without too much consequence. The Smugglers took a keeper, which we needed now that we had lost two in the off-season, but we could find a keeper in free agency. Carratos really surprised me by making an off board pick. In the first round. It was a midfielder a position we were stacked in. With my little brother 4 years out to boot. I began to relax. I know my Coaching staff had their pick ready to go so we didn’t make the fans wait. I took a piece of paper from Dash, read the name and headed for the stage.

“With the 4th overall pick of the 285 ELL Draft the Ralltiir Starkillers pick Cafrette McMee Tiarest University,” you couldn’t wipe the smile off my face if you tried. The young woman hadn’t made much of a showing in the Interplanetary Cup, but who had? Bakura had been to the finals two consecutive seasons. I had their coach and now I had their rookie. There’s no stopping us.

Tag: CPL_Macja

jcgoble3 and Vehn like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Starkillers captain Kara Sureysh to have knee surgery, out for the season
    • Nar Shaddaa announces the hiring of Meredith Chambers-Vayne as their defensive coordinator. Owner Vera Grames, "We're pleased to announce that Meredith Chambers-Vayne is coming home. She helped the franchise win a Cup in 276 with her stellar play calling. We hope that similar magic can be recreated as we enter the 285 season"
    • Grames continued: "I will be working closely with the Valor Foundation this year helping at risk youth and those populations in need rise above and succeed. It is my sincere hope that I can use my influence as owner of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers to give back to those who have so little. Just a taste of what we have planned: The entire team will visit the main Valor Foundation building and spend a day serving food, socializing, signing autographs, and acting as mentors for those who need a positive role model. It is my sincere commitment to this community to see to it that our franchise not only financially support the Valor Foundation but provide emotional and physical support as well. We owe it to ourselves. We owe it to Nar Shaddaa"
    • Dalton Ward, veteran of the Bakura Miners and Nar Shaddaa Smugglers and member of Interplanetary Cup Team Bakura, retires
    TAG: Runjedirun Vehn

Runjedirun and Vehn like this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Denon

"With the fifth overall selection, the Rydonni Prime Monarchs select Carly Ly’Rane, Half Back, Namaryne System University," Commissioner Lokensgaard announced. The Monarchs were keeping with the "go local" movement with this pick, a strategy that had worked throughout the league.

"The Coruscant Senators are now on the clock."

TAG: CPL_Macja Jedi Gunny

Vehn likes this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Dewey Finn

“Mr. Finn, the Draft starts in fifteen minutes. I hope you have something in mind for the first part of the documentary,” the benefactor said.

“Uh, yeah, the Draft. Right on, man,” Dewey said.

“There is a lot riding on this, so please do your best.” The benefactor cut the communication line, leaving Dewey alone for a moment. If he wasn’t experiencing something close to utter terror, he didn’t quite know; what he did know was that he had fifteen minutes to get something off the ground. Because, as per usual, he had decided to leave this up to the last minute.

“Dammit, Dewey, you have to stop procrastinating,” he muttered under his breath. “It’s just stagefright; nothing you haven’t dealt with before. Come on, figure this one out. You always do.”

He closed his eyes and thought. How exactly was he going to portray things for the Coruscant Senators, the team he was tasked with chronicling? They had the sixth pick in the Draft, and he didn’t know a whole lot about the sport. He was a casual fan, yes, but a lot of people on their couches could say the same thing. He didn’t really know how the sport operated from the business side; he just saw what was on the field. And that put him at a disadvantage; he was a filmmaker, that’s what he did. He had to stick with what he knew.

His eyes snapped open. “I have an idea,” he said to the crew around him. There was a look of mischief on his face, which the long-term employees of his crew knew meant that the director had an idea that he miraculously pulled from the ether to put into motion. “It’s a little risky, but if we pull it off, we’re going to make this one hell of a first episode. Come on, we have ten minutes to set up logistics.”

Ten minutes later, the plan was put into motion. Dewey sat in the director’s chair, the camera facing him. “Rolling, and ACTION!” he said. The camera began to roll.

“Hello there, I’m Dewey Finn, and welcome to the first episode of ‘Coruscant Senators: All or Nothing’. I’m the director and producer of the show. When a group of interested parties came to me asking for me to make an Elite League documentary, I wasn’t quite sure how to take it. After all, this sport is a complex beast, and it takes a lot of effort to fully understand all the aspects that it takes of an organization to put a team out on the field for games. It is my objective to show you as much of that process as possible during the upcoming season. The Senators may field 30-odd players for games, but how they get to that point is the real story here that I am going to tell. Using a bunch of different techniques, and a lot of real cool stuff that you’ll have to see to believe, that story will be told. And it all starts here, at the Elite League Draft. I bid you adieu for now, and enjoy the following presentation of ‘All or Nothing: The Coruscant Senators Story’.”

“We’re not allowed to be in the ‘War Room’,” Dewey said to the camera as he wandered around the backstage area. “There’s a lot of trade secrets going on in there, and they didn’t want cameras inside as they talked things out. So we’re going to have to wait and see who the team picks.”

Another camera, this one stationed on the Draft floor, picked up the feed. The Monarchs made their selection at #5, putting the Senators on the clock. “Now they’re on the clock,” Dewey commented. “They have a couple minutes to figure things out, and then it’s go time. They have to make a pick or get skipped over.”

Finally, the camera stationed at the door to the Senator ‘War Room’ was switched to, and the image of Briar Adama appeared as she left the room. The door was quickly closed by security to prevent anything from escaping, imagery or otherwise on the team’s draft plans. “And the pick appears to be in,” Dewey said. “Let’s see what happens.”

Adama strode to the podium. “With the sixth pick in the 285 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Merwin Clwyd, defensive back from the University of Tatooine at Anchorhead.” The tall Klatoonian defensive back came up to the stage and shook hands with Adama along with the Holo shoot. Already, Dewey was in the works to get to interview Clwyd, but it turned out that he might not get the chance. “We might have to save that interview for later,” he said to an assistant.

“The Bakura Miners are now on the clock,” Adama said before leaving the podium.

“That was a good pick, because she was a vital piece of the college championship squad this past season. And now the process begins again for the second round,” Dewey commented as Adama went back into the War Room and the door closed behind her. “This is where dreams are made. Stay tuned.”

TAG: Trieste

Runjedirun, Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Trixie Penn
    Salis D'aar

Over the Holonet, Trixie watched as Cundertol came to the podium. "With the seventh overall pick in the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Bakura Miners select Norm Hoti, Corner Back, Balmorra State University," he announced.

"YES!" Horst shouted, putting his arms up. He left them up as he looked at his wife. "Wait, are we happy about that?"

"It's pretty incredible, Rob," one of the HSN commentators said, "the Miners pick second to last in this draft and they get a double award winner who was also a Helmsman nominee in a deep defensive draft."

"That's right, Bob," another HSN commentator--or was it one commentator with two heads? Trixie couldn't tell at the moment, agreed. "Hoti won the Grazo Award as Best Corner or Full Back as well as the Remmiton Award for Best Defensive Player."

"It was largely thanks to Hoti that Balmorra State had its improbable run to the playoffs last season and the awards show that," Bob said.

"Bakura has a long pedigree of picking award winners, sometimes getting them in the late second round," Rob said, "and they keep with that here."

"Yeah, it seems that Cundertol puts a lot of stock in them," Bob agreed.

"He certainly seems to love the draft, doesn't he?" Rob pointed out.

"Like a rancor eating a twi--I'm sorry, my producer is telling me that I can't make that reference, so let's go with a Twinkie," Bob said.

"What's a Twinkie, Bob?"

"Well Rob..."

"Yes, Horst, we are happy about it," Trixie finally reassured her husband.

"Then YES!" Horst shouted again.

"Mainly because Aunt Kerry is going to flip that the Miners drafted someone from Balmorra State after she bashed them all season long. I would pay a million credits for a live vid feed of her right now. She's probably throwing plates against a wall right now."

"Remind me again what we wouldn't be happy about?"

"I'll let you know if it happens," Trixie said. "However, if nobody trips and horrifically injures themselves during the ceremony accepting their jersey, this night is going to be a failure."

"Babe, that sounds terrible."

"You mean wonderful," Trixie corrected.

"The Man...the Man...the Man..." Quinn Cundertol stuttered. "The Mer...the Mearrr...the Murrrr..." He couldn't seem to be able to pronounce the name of the team that was drafting after the Miners. He was likely traumatized after the Galactic Cup Final and his trading up to first overall last season had prevented this dilemma last year. "That team is on the clock."

"Wow, seems like the usually unflappable Cundertol might be holding a bit of a grudge against the Mercs," Bob said.

"Somebody should get him a Twinkie, Bob!"

TAG: Bardan_Jusik

22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! On location from the from the oyu'baat cafe...."

"oya, oya, oya," the chants of the Mandalorian fans at the cafe could be hard roaring out over the wave.

"...in downtown Keldabe, on a sunny but cool it's a Draft Day afternoooooooooooooooooooon."

"oya, oya, oya," the chanting continued.

"Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the 284 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs."

"oya, oya, oya!" The chanting grew even louder, threatening to drown out the rest of the open.

"I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker and Kitterich are back at the studio making sure things are running properly back there, but oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Folks here are excited, we have a great crowd as we always do when we broadcast from here."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"That they are and that we do."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"Best fans in the galaxy, hands down."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"Man this is great, so how ya doin' Justin?"

"I'm wonderful, it's Draft day, the day when new careers really get started. It's a nerve racking day for fans, coaching staffs and front offices alike, all wondering if their plans will pan out, if they will get the players they covet, but it's an even more nerve racking days for the draftees who are sitting there minutes away from discovering where their professional limmie careers will get started, or if they even get started at all. Will they go to a team in need and play right away? Will they get sent off to a developmental league to polish their skills? or will they get lucky enough to sit behind a great player who can show them the ropes and allow them to acclimate to the grind that is the ELL? No one knows, and it's those questions and more that make things so exciting on draft day."

"That's a pretty good summation, did you like write that down beforehand?"

"Yeah...been working on that for a couple of weeks now."

"Ha!" Randy yelled triumphantly before moving on. "So Justin, what do you think of this year's draft?"

"It's an interesting one to be sure. Just 26 kids on the draft board and a total of 25 picks to be made in this draft, so it's going to be tight."

"You got that right, especially on the offensive end of things."

"Yeah, if a team sees forward they like, they better grab him or her early, because with only six forwards declaring for the draft you might only get one chance at a player you like to fill a position of need."

"Goalkeeper and middie draftees seem to be at a premium too."

"'Keepers always are Randy, but most teams aren't looking for one..."

"That team from Nal Hutta's..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"...moon appears to be one, as well as our Mercs."

"oya, oya, oya."

"Sure, sure, and look for perhaps both Ripley and Farmhand to go in the first round."

"What about the midfielders?"

"Midfield seems to be one of those positions that there are always available players in the latter draft rounds, that said, this particular crop is pretty thin. If there are going to be off board picks though look for it there and on the offensive end of the field."

"And goalkeeper?"

"Only if the two on the board go early and some front office still perceives a need."

"OK, so what about the strength of this draft, the defense? I know you love defense."

"Yeah, I am loving this, there are a lot of really quick and athletic players out there for the backfield, and number of which can go out there and help a team right now. none better perhaps than Merwin Clwyd."

"The Klatooinian out of Anchorhead?"

"The very same. Fresh off of a collegiate championship, she brings a hell of a pedigree to any ELL club and has that great combination of speed, size and strength. She's so versatile and can do just about anything out there..."

"Listed as a defensive back so..."

"Yeah, she can lay anywhere in the defensive backfield, halfback, fullback or even corner, she can do it all, so look for her to be the first back taken."

"Number one overall?"

"In most drafts yeah, but with the dearth of talent on the offensive side of the ball we may be looking at an early run of forwards as teams tyr to grab up a rare commodity on that side of the ball."

"Speaking of the offense, who do you like there?"

"That's a tough one. I really like Shuri Kaniyas from Balmorra State."

"Not McMee? She is more highly rated by..."

"You said to never mention the three letter network."

"I did?"

"You did," Liz's voice from back at the studio was broadcast out over the wave."

"OK, fine then. Still, why not Mcmee?"

"She didn't do herself any favors in the Interplanetary Cup that's for sure, but even before then a lot of scouts from around the league were raving about Kaniyas."

"Her being a triple award winner at college certainly helps too."

"It does, it really does. All things considered, if I were a betting man, and we all know I'm not, I would bet on her being the first pick in this year's draft."

"With the first overall pick in the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft," the voice of ELL Commissioner Fenrir Lokensgaard announced, "the Kuati Valor select Shuri Kaniyas, Half Forward, Balmorra State University!"

"Wow, speak of the devil!"

"Yeah, couldn't have planned that one much better myself."

"The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"...are now on the clock."

"By the manda I do love our fans here."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"Yeah they are great..."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"OK, so we talked about her a little bit before..."

"Yeah, like I said, this one is no surprise, at least not to me."

"Yeah, and you talked about McMee..."

"She had a disastrous performance in the Interplanetary Cup."

"She seemed to do all right against the Mandalorian squad."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Yes, a team made up of youngsters and amateurs. McMee I think showed herself to be more of a project than maybe a lot of teams are ready for."

"A project?"

"Yeah, I think she will be a good player, and a presence in this league, but she needs more polishing."

"Polishing?"

"Yes, and I think maybe more than a few GMs and scouting departments around the league agree with me."

"OK fine, but what about Hudsen, he's a proven winner, won a title last year with UTA."

"True, but he didn't win the Helmsman..."

"And is a more versatile forward..."

"...or the Lombardee..."

"...able to play half, full or corner..."

"...or the Myxwell like Kaniyas did."

"OK, fine. But like I said, Hudsen won the championship, which is the real goal."

"Kaniyas is the better talent, and... OK I know you said not to mention them but I think maybe HSN rating McMee so high really puts all their ratings kind of into question here tonight. Look for a lot of teams to buck their rankings and go with what their own scouting departments are telling them."

"Which is what Kuat just did."

"Yup, and I think they easily got the best offensive talent in this draft, and most of those who watched the college game all season would probably agree with me."

"With the second pick of the 285 draft," Meredith said, "the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers..."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" the fans at the oyu'baat were again heard from over the wave.

"...select Helen Ripley Goalkeeper of Vertical City University."

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"Oh man."

"The Carratos Pirates..."

"..are now on the clock."

"You seem bothered by that pick Justin, why?"

"Well they went with the hometown girl, which I am sure is going to get a lot of loving from those fans out on Nal Hutta's moon...."

"...but that pick is a blow to Mercs GM Adenn Vizsla too I know."

"Smuggler's front office..."

"...probably sees that as a bonus."

"Given the hatred these two teams have for each other, I'm sure you're right. They..."

"The Mercs?"

"...worked Riply out privately. Yeah the Mercs. They worked her out privately as well as attending her work out at VCU's pro day."

"That's not a surprise, it's well known that the Mercs need a back up 'keeper with the retirment of Mij Katan."

"Yeah, and I thinjk they saw Ripley as a potential answer for that spot."

"Even over Farmhand?"

"Yeah, I think they saw in her what the Smugglers..."

"...obviously do. That's a tough break for the Mercs front office plans."

"Think the Mercs could have, or even should have moved up? They have the extra picks to try to put together a deal."

"That would have meant dealing with that team from Nal Hutta's moon..."

"...not a preferred option for the Mercs, and would likely have given them a huge crop of draft picks to do so. Moving in front of them to grab the number one overall pick would have been even harder, and more costly in terms of draft picks, so no, not surprised they moved up there."

"Think they will trade up now, to grab the only other 'keeper left in the draft?"

"Don't think so, though there have been rumors of moving up to to try to grab the Starkillers pick, but I think the Mercs are either willing to see if the other 'keeper falls to them at number eight or they will go in a different direction, maybe halfback. I know Tyburn really impressed them too at that VCU pro day, and backup halfback is also a position of need for them."

"Tyburn?"

"Yeah, the Mercs have a history of taking kids out of VCU and turning them into monsters."

"What about Clwyd like you mentioned before?"

"Oh she is going to be long gone by then."

"You think so?"

"Yeah I think..."

"Hold that thought Justin, it looks like the pick is in."

"With the third pick of the 285 ELL Draft the Carratos Pirates..."

"...select, Natsu Dragon, Midfielder of the Carratos Junior League O'Pahz Privateers."

"Who?"

"I'm going to have to look this one up..."

"What just happened there Justin? Did Carratos..."

"...just go off the board with the third pick in the draft?"

"Yeah, yeah they did. I'm trying to get a scouting report on Dragon now, but it looks like that lack of depth in this draft I talked about earlier is already wreaking havoc with things out on Denon."

"I don't get it, to go off board when no one at that position, midfield, had been picked yet..."

"It was obviously a position of need for them and they felt this player was better than the three options on the board."

"But they could have gotten Dragon later in the draft right?"

"Maybe, maybe not. that lack of depth has scouts for every team scouring the galaxy looking for that diamond in the rough."

"Yeah..."

"It kind of reminds me of how the league was set up before the draft and the combine and all that. The scouts for Carratos..."

"... are obviously very familiar with dragon and must have feared that some other team was sniffing around him too, hence their ealry off board pick."

"Just amazing to me that..."

"It's a symptom of this particular draft. Light on overall depth, strong of defense, waak at forward midfield and 'keeper, and now we have seen at least ne person taken from those weaker positions here with the first three picks."

"Think this will cause that run you talked about earlier?"

"I think it's going to make those spots even more important early in this draft, so yeah I could see a run, especially at forward or 'keeper here with the next few picks."

"That doesn't bode well for the Mercs."

"No it doesn't that I would be surprised if this wasn't the only off board pick of the first round."

"Wow, you think the Mercs..."

"Or someone else, yeah I think someone else could easily go off board here in the first round, and most certainly by the end of the draft we'll see multiple off board picks before the day is through."

“With the 4th overall pick of the 285 ELL Draft the Ralltiir Starkillers pick Cafrette McMee Tiarest University.”

"And there you go, another offensive player."

"Yeah, in a draft full of backs we have yet to see one go, and that isn't a surprise."

"Surprised to see McMee go this high, especially after what you said about her before?"

"I would be, I really would be except that it was the Starkillers who I think it can be almost expected from."

"Not following you there."

"Well, barring any trades, they have only two picks in the draft."

"Sure, because the Mercs own their second rounder."

"Right, so their next pick won't come until the third round. McMee's stock has dropped, but not that far."

"So they reached to take the player they wanted when they could."

"Yeah, I think so. Look, I know the Mercs were hoping she would fall to the early second round and I think they would have taken a flyer on her then."

"With the pick they got from Ralltiir..."

"Yeah, ironically enough. Now with the way the draft had panned out before this, I could have seen them grabbing her at number 8 overall if the back they want is gone, or if there are no 'keepers left on the board."

"That wouldn't have been a reach for them?"

"Maybe, but when you have extra picks you can afford to reach."

"And when you have fewer than normal picks you can't?"

"Well, it's complicated. If you see the player you like and you know there is no way they will fall to you, you either try to trade for more picks and drop back in the draft..."

"Rumor is the Starkillers may have tried that."

"Or if you can't get that to work out, you grab the player you want and call it a day."

"So...a good pick for the Starkillers then?"

"Yeah, when you get down to it, I think McMee is a good pick. Like I said a bit more of a project than I think deserved going in the front half of the first round, but not too much of a reach, especially considering their situation."

"With the fifth overall selection, the Rydonni Prime Monarchs select Carly Ly’Rane, Half Back, Namaryne System University."

"Whoa."

"Now that is a surprise."

"The Coruscant Senators are now on the clock.”

"I thought so, I haven't heard her name mentioned much."

"Well, she doesn't have the name recognition of a Clwyd or Tyburn, but she is a heck of a talent. being from the area she is certainly one that the Monacrhs front office probably knows better than any other front office in the league."

"Think they ever try to downplay those local players to get them to slide back in the draft?"

"I'm sure that sort of thing happens a lot, though I've never heard of it. The player probably wouldn't be too happy with it, even if it did get them onto their home t..."

"Hold on now Justin, here come's the Senator's pick."

“With the sixth pick in the 285 Elite League Draft, the Coruscant Senators select Merwin Clwyd, defensive back from the University of Tatooine at Anchorhead.”

"Well there she is."

"And there she goes."

"The Bakura Miner's..."

"...are now on the clock."

"You've been talking about her all night and Clwyd ends up going sixth to the Senators."

"Yeah, I would have expected her to go higher in normal years, but this draft seems to be defying some of the conventional wisdom."

"It's defying your wisdom too, you expected an offensive run after the Starkillers took McMee at number four and since then two straight defensive players have gone."

"Yeah I'm a little confused, seems that not only are there fewer than normal offensive players in the draft, but a lot of teams don't seem to be as high on them as i thought they would be."

"You're confused..."

"No surprise there."

"...but you're smiling. Is that just a measure of how confused you are?"

"Nah, just as a former cornerback, I love backs getting the call before forwards."

"Gotcha."

"With the seventh overall pick in the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft, the Bakura Miners..."

"... select Norm Hoti, Corner Back, Balmorra State University."

"Wow, another back."

"The Man...the Man...the Man..."

"And a cornerback!" The sound of Randy slapping Justin's shoulder could be heard.

"The Mer...the Mearrr...the Murrrr..."

"Not only a CB, but a really good one. She won both the..."

"That team is on the clock."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"Ha!"

"He couldn't even get the team's name off his lips!"

"These two titles the past several years must really get to him."

"Well remember the last time they won the Galactic Cup, it was against the Mercs, and it's been widely attributed that their hiring away of current Mercs GM Adenn Vizsla was instrumental in the Miners winning that game."

"Right...he had been our coach the prior season and was hired as a special adviser to Cundertol."

"An advance scout or some such, but it was there that Vizsla really learned the front office job and when the Mercs became a communally owned team they brought Vizsla back to be the General Manager."

"And all he has done in that time is win two championships over the last six years."

"That's a pretty good run, and while it seems the Miners have gone to the playoffs more during that span..."

"We've only been to the playoffs three times in those six years."

"...the Mercs, and Vzisla, are bringing home the titles while Cundertol hasn't."

"Has to be some frustration than for him, that a former competitor turned employee turned competitor again is winning while he is not."

"Especially after the wins only came after Vizsla learned a thing or two in Bakura."

"Not only that, but Vizsla is a smart man, he added his own life experiences to what he learned there and in the process has created one of the league's elite franchises."

"That's probably why the Mercs Board of Trustees quietly extended his, and the rest of the coaching and front office staff's, contracts by six years."

"Great timing on their part, winning the title in their contracts years."

"Yeah lets hope they don't have to wait six more years for that kind of motivation to win..."

"With the eight and final pick of the 285 ELL First year player draft, the Galactic Cup..."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"...Champion..."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"...Mando'ade Mercs..."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"...select Lawrence Tyburn, halfback from Vertical City University."

"oya, oya, oya!"

"Mercs grab another VCU grad."

"And the run on defender's continues."

"And so ends the first round. The Kuati Valor are on the clock."

"Surprised there that the Mercs didn't take Farmhand?"

"A little, they need a backup goaltender, but they needed a backup halfback too, and Tyburn was the highest rated halfback in this year's draft."

"Not that the rating seems to matter much."

"No, but Tyburn is your prototypical Mercs back, hard hitting, he'll force his fair share of turnovers just through his jarring hits when he sees playing time."

"You expect that he'll compete for a starting spot?"

"On this defense? yeah probably. Not saying he will win that starting role, but his name will be in the mix, and he'll see substantial playing time. If Kor'le has shown us anything, it's a willingness to put young players in a position to learn and succeed at the ELL level."

"OK, well with the end of the first round at an end and the Valor on the clock to start the second round, we'll take a break but stick with us after these messages for more draft day coverage, right here on the fanadalorian!"

TAG: Trieste, The Mad Zookeeper.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Denon

The Commissioner stepped up to the podium. "Gentlebeings, I have--"

The crowd tensed. Some of them even shouted "--a trade!" in anticipation.

"--an announcement. The Kuati Valor have withdrawn from the 285 Elite League Limmie Draft."

That caused a sensation. Not since the Ryloth Rough Riders had a team forfeited draft picks. The Valor were walking away with the Helmsman Winner, which for many other teams made for a banner draft all on its own.

"With the ninth overall pick, the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers select Jade Enders, Half Back, Vertical City University," Lokensgaard announced. Another go local pick for the original go local team of the League.

"With the tenth overall pick, the Carratos Pirates select Grey Fullblaster Midfielder, O'Pahz Privateers of the Carratos Junior League." The go local trend continued with the Carratos plucking another obscure local player out of nowhere while three midfielders sat on the big board.

"With the eleventh overall pick, the Mando'ade Mercs select Ralf Farmhand, Goalkeeper, Mos Eisley University, Tatooine," Lokensgaard said. The top ranked goalkeeper went off the board. For the Mercs with the retired Mij Katan, it was a coup to get Farmhand in the second round--the only goalkeeper remaining on the HSN Scouting rankings.

"The Rydonni Prime Monarchs are now on the clock," Lokensgaard finished.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 The Mad Zookeeper Vehn

Vehn, Bardan_Jusik and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Denon

"With the twelfth overall pick, the Rydonni Prime Monarchs select Val Keller, Corner Back, University of Ryell Clemency," Lokensgaard announced. Another local pick. Was this going to be an almost entirely go local draft?

"The Coruscant Senators are now on the clock."

TAG: CPL_Macja Jedi Gunny

25. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Interplanetary Cup Update

Semifinals:

Hapes Consortium vs. Corellia at Banker’s Financial Square, Ralltiir (32-21)

Sabilon vs. Ord Sabaok at Arcadia Colosseum, Carratos (8-36)

Third-Place Game:

Corellia vs. Sabilon (at Solo Stadium, Corellia)

Championship Game:

Hapes Consiortium vs. Ord Sabaok (at Solo Stadium, Corellia)

jcgoble3, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.