main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Thyferra (28), Concorida (28), Atzerri (28)

Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (14-14) (OT 17-14)
    Thyferra Force @ Concordia Crusaders (7-5)
    Byblos Red Wings @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (4-11)

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422 Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja

2. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Richard Vigo

When the UTA game began there were some hecklers. The stereo typical “angry fans”. They had a team that won a championship last year and now they expected nothing less. Those hecklers were shut up fast when Tomas Vigo dribbled the ball around an entire defense and made a sweet assist leading to UTA’s first goal of the day. Jimsey, Ryan and I had a wonderful time high fiving each other and cheering him and his team to victory.

The next day we arrived at the Sandskimmers stadium in a much more subdued mood. The Starkillers had blown up in Carratos and suffered a miserable loss to the Pirates. Of course I gave the Pirates credit and applauded their domination. I just wished they hadn’t beaten our team. I wished I didn’t have to go home tomorrow and put the hammer down. It wasn’t a fun task. I didn’t take my job lightly though and I was going to do what I had to do to get this team on the winning track it was capable of being on.

Our spirits were lifted shortly after our arrival. Georgia greeted us with a home cooked meal. Something I hadn’t had since my mom skipped town. We savored the deliciousness and watched in amazement as Pithaya blew through the defense and scored three goals. Teaspoon played goal with ease. It wasn’t an easy win, the Sandskimmer's never had a comfortable lead and we were kept on the edge of our seats. I washed down my food with ice cold ale. By the time the afternoon was over I was in such a good mood that I had almost forgotten about the earlier debacle with my own team.

Immediately after the Sandskimmers game we flew to spaceport to catch our shuttle home. It was red eye. Jimsey was worn from the activities of the weekend. He slept the entire trip. I saw Ryan log into his new holo site and even respond to new potential clients. Several times I attempted to sleep, but it was hopeless eventually I decided to focus on work.

After landing we rushed home. Jimsey and I showered before getting back in the speeder so I could take him to school. We were late so I got out of the speeder and walked him inside to sign him in. When we got to the door he stopped, “You know what Dad? I love you.”

I was taken back. Such a simple statement. It meant so much to me, “I love you too.” I replied without hesitation.

“It’s okay that you lost, Dad. I’ll be here for you,” he said. “You’re here for me and I’m here for you, right?”

“Absolutely.” I hugged him tight and opened the door to lead him to the office so we could get him to class and I could get started with my day.

Usually I just drank whatever caf came out of the pots at the stadium. Today I needed something special, something stronger. I took a detour downtown to a little shop in the theater district. I looked at the billboards with my older sister’s image on them advertising her newest show. I saw Skimmer Ade in the window of a convenience store. I allowed myself to remember that we’d only lost one game. We still had a lot to be proud of. I parked the speeder and walked into a little shop. I ordered a caf with mocha and peppermint. As I flew into the stadium gates I took my first sip and my spirits were instantly lifted.

I’m not going to lie the best part of my role as team owner and general manager has got to be when I walk down the concourse and see beings jump back to work as I pass. “Good Morning,” I said several times as I made my way to my office.

It was a busy week getting ready to host the All Star game, but the All Star game was just an exhibition game. I wanted to make certain that our team was doing everything it could to be prepared for Jakku in two weeks. Before I made sure a single preparation was underway for the many expected visitors to our planet and stadium this week I had a meeting scheduled with Dash Stonlon and Ty Allin.

Dash was 5 minutes early. “Good Morning sir,” he said politely even though it was very late in the morning. “I trust you had a pleasant visit to Tatooine.”

“Very pleasant,” I confirmed.

He took a seat and we sat in awkward silence while we waited for Ty. “I know he’s in the building,” Dash said nervously looking at his chrono.

I reached for my data pad and called Ty, no answer. “Maybe we should start without him,” I said just in time for my door to fly open.

“Did you know the fizz fountain at the concession stand on the 4th floor in concourse B gives you Skimmer Ade when you press the Dr. Zing option?” Ty stated in frustration. “I need my fizz,” he said taking a seat. He had a large paper cup full of icy bubble beverage and took a long drink.

“You’re late,” I told Ty.

“I just explained why,” he said as if that made everything better.

“I want to know why we lost the Limmie game to Carratos,” I stated evenly as possible. “We didn’t just lose gentlemen. We were slaughtered. Our offense only scored one point. What plan of action are you going to take? Should we pull out of the All Star game so we can concentrate on the upcoming schedule?”

“You can’t be serious!” Ty said nearly choking on his fizz.

His shock in my suggestion didn’t bode well. “I’m giving you a chance to give me an explanation for our poor performance yesterday.”

“We won big just a week ago,” Ty shot back.

“He speaks the truth,” Dash said calmly. “You both speak the truth. One point is never an acceptable performance from an offense. Yolanda took 7 shots, only one even made it through the uprights. The simplest explanation is we had a bad day. The hard to accept answer is that we allowed the big win to allow us to slack off in practice last week. It meant that when the Pirates started to score we didn’t panic or answer. I think everyone of our players expected to get back in it eventually and when we really started trying the momentum the Pirates were riding on was too much for us to stop.”

“We should have won,” Ty said out of nowhere. “No one was even trying in the first half, we have the ability. Can I get out of here? I have some defensive player ass to kick.”

“I have a challenge for you,” I told both coaches as I sit back comfortably in my seat. “You prepare this team for a scrimmage on Thursday. Yolanda and Noah will be team captains. They’ll each draft a team of 7. I want to see a competitive game. Prove to me you are ready to travel to Jakku this week.” I emphasized this week even though the game was two weeks away I didn’t want any slack going on. We needed to get serious and get serious fast. Possibly the two toughest and most important games were on our schedule after this exhibition extravaganza. “If I am impressed you can take the weekend off and enjoy the All Star festivities. If you stink,” I warned. “I know a high school that will let us use their field for practices while everyone else participates.”

Tag: galactic-vagabond422 (who approved this message)

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    All-Star Weekend (at Financial Square Arena, Ralltiir)

Futures Game:

Stars:

Goalkeeper: Helen Ripley (Smugglers)
    Defender: Norm Hoti (Miners)
    Defender: Carly Ly’rane (Monarchs)
    Defender: Selex (Starkillers)
    Midfielder: Rhose Ersa (C-Bucs)
    Forward: Ganan S. Meril (C-Bucs)
    Forward: Caffrette McMee (Starkillers)
    Forward: Woody Wakes (Senators)

Elites:

Goalkeeper: Arm'mich'onne (Senators)
    Defender: Serrell Rubbs (Junkers)
    Defender: Lawrence Tyburn (Mercs)
    Defender: Jade Enders (Smugglers)
    Midfielder: Natsu Dragon (Pirates)
    Forward: Gared Joff (Miners)
    Forward: Jobuck McBuckerson (Junkers)
    Forward: Kiirt Warner (Starkillers)

Skills Challenge:

Longest Score:

Kiirt Warner (Starkillers)
    Horst Penn (Miners)
    Leia Adama (Senators)
    Jobuck McBuckerson (Junkers)
    Rowan Olan (Mariners)

Skills Challenge Course:

Wylma Sniider (Starkillers)
    Horst Penn (Miners)
    Zeus Syndulla (Senators)
    Niall Bourdogny (Mariners)
    Xander Darkrider (Demons)

Shooting Accuracy:

Yolanda Dunerider (Starkillers)
    Horst Penn (Miners)
    Tendra Nalo (C-Bucs)
    Leia Adama (Senators)
    Rowan Olan (Mariners)
    Li Roy Jinkins (Demons)

Rough and Ready:

Wylla Sniider (Starkillers)
    Horst Penn (Miners)
    Christine Gamble (Senators)
    Serrell Rubbs (Junkers)
    Sugnok Umanh (Demons)
    T’day (Mariners)

Goalkeeper Challenge:

Cliff Tuff (Starkillers)
    Horst Penn (Miners)
    Arm’mich’onne (Senators)
    Rumadum (Junkers)
    Ware Vulf (Demons)
    I’dongiveadarn (Mariners)

All-Star Game:

Skywalker:

Starters:

Goalkeeper: I’dongiveadarn (Mariners)
    Defender: Eponette Ternardiel (Pirates)
    Defender: Tuvaash Mauntak (Mercs)
    Defender: Jo’ee Bo’sa (Mercs)
    Midfielder: T’day (Mariners)
    Forward: Mar’grit Evers-Sark (Pirates)
    Forward: Fu Arock (Mercs)
    Forward: Ariel Taeping (Pirates)

Reserves:

Goalkeeper: Qazi Hameeduddin (Pirates)
    Defender: Mikia Sandin-Manx (Pirates)
    Defender: Zelena Wiles (Smugglers)
    Defender: W’hy (Mariners)
    Midfielder: Argo Mor’kesh (Mercs)
    Forward: Tendra Nalo (C-Bucs)
    Forward: Martia Paak (Smugglers)
    Forward: Waaaaaaugh (Valor)

Coach: S.N. Ackbar (Mariners)

Solo:

Starters:

Goalkeeper: Ware Vulf (Demons)
    Defender: Sugnok Umanh (Demons)
    Defender: Jella Tweed (Junkers)
    Defender: Eilette Fazz (Demons)
    Midfielder: Zeus Syndulla (Senators)
    Forward: Leia Adama (Senators)
    Forward: Niskat Deenever (Miners)
    Forward: Hela Montego (Senators)

Reserves:

Goalkeeper: Rumadum (Junkers)
    Defender: Noah Till (Starkillers)
    Defender: Serrell Rubbs (Junkers)
    Defender: Christine Gamble (Senators)
    Midfielder: Xander Darkrider (Demons)
    Forward: Gared Joff (Miners)
    Forward: Gemma Sal-Solo (Monarchs)
    Forward: Andres Fortune (Starkillers)

Coach: Kyril Lopaki (Senators)

TAGS to All: Bardan_Jusik, CPL_Macja, Vehn, Trieste, Runjedirun, jcgoble3, galactic-vagabond422

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All-Star Weekend, Part 1 of 3: Futures Game

Stars vs. Elites

First Half: (13-16)

Second Half: (14-31)

Game MVP: Jade Enders (Smugglers, playing for Elites)

TAG to all, especially Vehn

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool Taungsday afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the 284 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you. How ya feelin' Justin?"

"Not good Randy, not good..."

"Yeah I know the feeling."

"...Mercs got dominated by that team from Nal Hutta's moon, and I mean dominated."

"That was a game that on paper looked like it favored the Mercs in every way."

"In The Game of Rivals, throw the paper in the trash compactor, because records mean nothing."

"The Smugglers just seemed to want it more."

"I don't know about that, their coaching staff made some changes that really seemed to bolster both their play."

"You're talking about Chambers?"

"Chambers-Vayne."

"Right."

"Yeah I am, she finally decided to ditch the goalkeeper by committee idea and seems to be sticking with Ripley there between the pipes."

"Why does that make such a difference."

"You think it didn't?"

"No, it clearly did, they only gave up 10 points all game, but how did it help?"

"Well you start off by noting that Ripley is a heck of a 'keeper. She has a lot to learn and is a bit rough around the edges like any rookie, but she has the chops to hang in this league for a long time."

"Right, go on."

"Then you add in that it improves the rest of the defense knowing just what that 'keeper can do, what his or her strengths and limitations are. It helps your backs position themselves properly and when they know from muscle memory where they have to be, what they have to concentrate on stopping and what they can sag off on because they know the 'keeper can pick up that slack. It really constricts the opposing offense more as you can take away more of what they like to do when your 'keeper is a known quantity that you can count on in certain situations."

"OK, OK. that makes sense."

"Of course with as well as the Smugglers offense played, I don't know that even had their defense faltered if we could have gotten enough to break through."

"Their forwards played a great game...looked like our defense kind of osiked the bed there though."

"It's a combination of the two, great offense can make a good defense look bad..."

"And terrible defense can make a mediocre offense look good."

"Sure, sure. And I think we saw a little bit of that here."

"Mauntak looked lost out there."

"He was getting beat on nearly every play, seemed a step slow for some reason though you can give some credit to the Smugglers forwards who were crisp with every pass and cut they made. I think they kind of put Mauntak and the other Mercs backs on their heels a little bit and had them second guessing themselves."

"Yeah but in a spot like that..."

"In a spot like that an all-star like Mauntak needs to step it up and take charge f the defense, show the younger less experienced defenders to stay aggressive..."

"And he didn't do that."

"No, he didn't."

"Well lets hope he, and they, get their act together for next week because it doesn't get any easier for the Mercs."

"Nope, taking on the 1st place Mariners, on Dac in a game that could go a long way in determining some playoff berths."

"Yeah, the Skywalker is tightening up a little bit now. Two .500 teams and the rest two games below .500, it's going to be a crazy strill fight to the end of the season to see who gets those coveted playoff spots and the right to represent the Skywalker in the galactic Cup game and lose to whoever makes it out of the Solo."

"Lose? Hey wait a second..."

"Just calling it like it is, the Solo conference is the superior one right now..."

"Right now, you know, heck you preach, that anything can happen in the playoffs."

"Sure,sure. Just looking over there right now they have some real juggernaughts, and after this tough game at Dac the Mercs have two games against Solo Conference powerhouses. Doesn't bode well for their own dimming playoff hopes."

"Guess we'll have to wait and see how the games play out..."

TAG: Vehn (whose gave me the information regarding Ripley and Chambers-Vayne).

Runjedirun, Trieste and Vehn like this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    285 All-Star Weekend, Part 2 of 3

Skills Challenge:

Longest Score:

20 Meters: Penn/Olan eliminated
    40 Meters: Adama/McBuckerson eliminated, Warner scores

Skills Challenge Course:

1. Niall Bourdogny (Mariners): 1:49:06
    2. Zeus Syndulla (Senators): 1:59:03
    3. Xander Darkrider (Demons): 2:03:12
    4. Wylma Sniider (Starkillers): 2:32:21
    5. Horst Penn (Miners): 3:45:09

Shooting Accuracy:

1. Li Roy Jinkins (Demons): 12.9
    2. Leia Adama (Senators): 15.4
    3. Yolanda Dunerider (Starkillers): 16.1
    4. Tendra Nalo (C-Bucs): 19.3
    5. Rowan Olan (Mariners): 20.2
    6. Horst Penn (Miners): 35.4

Rough and Ready:

1. Wylla Sniider (Starkillers): 1:47:08
    2. T'day (Mariners): 2:01:08
    3. Christine Gamble (Senators): 2:02:03
    4. Sugnok Umanh (Demons): 2:05:13
    5. Serrell Rubbs (Junkers): 2:11:03
    6. Horst Penn (Miners): 2:35:04

Goalkeeper Challenge:

1. Cliff Tuff (Starkillers): 10 shots stopped, 1 goal scored = 11 points
    2. Arm'mich'onne (Senators): 7 shots stopped, 2 goals scored = 9 points
    3. I'dongivadarn (Mariners): 3 shots stopped, 1 goal scored = 4 points
    4. Rumadum (Junkers): 1 shot stopped, 1 goal scored = 2 points
    5. Ware Vulf (Demons): 1 shot stopped, 0 goals scored = 1 point
    6. Horst Penn: 0 shots stopped, 0 goals scored = 0 points

Headlines:

• Starkillers win three events on home turf.
    • Senators come close to winning first Skills Challenge event in team history, but all participants fall short.
    • Miner's Horst Penn competes in all events, comes in last in all.
    • Overall ratings for event down due to lack of participation by most teams in League. League will re-evaluate necessity of Skills Challenge for 286 ELL season.

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Trixie Penn
    Fleetfire Zarmer offices, Salis D’aar, Bakura
    Day after Valor-Miners game

“Sydney wants you,” Mara said, appearing suddenly at Trixie’s cubicle in the bullpen of first year associates.

Trixie barely looked up from her work. “Well I’m pretty sure he wants this motion more, so when I’m done I’ll bring it to him,” she replied sourly.

“Okay honey,” Mara said, reaching around to turn off the monitor on Trixie’s terminal. “This is how it works: when I say, ‘Sydney wants you,’ that means ‘Sydney wanted you yesterday and you better make Alyada Hovechar slow as you run down the hallway.’”

“Alyada Hovechar is retired,” Trixie replied. “I think she’s pretty slow now.”

“Pretty sure she’s not and I’d like to know what your time in the 40 is. Chop chop,” Mara said, clapping her hands.

With a glare of pure displeasure, Trixie got up from her desk and stalked down the hall to see what the senior partner wanted.

“Hey, Penn,” one of the other partners called out, “I need you to--”

“Take it up with his Imperial Majesty,” Trixie cut off her superior. “I’ve been summoned to an audience. If you come along, I’m sure he’ll Force Choke you out right there, Captain Needa.”

“Force there’s two of them,” the partner muttered, letting Trixie go. Sydney deserved an associate as acerbic as her.

“What’s so important that you wanted me to stop the Bleeker motion?” Trixie asked as she entered Sydney’s trendy, modern office with its nerf hide coaches, and transparisteel windows overlooking the Salis D’aar financial district. “I was crushing it, by the way.”

“You want to explain what I saw this morning when I woke up and looked at BBC Sports today?” Sydney challenged Trixie, not even bothering to get up from his desk. He motioned to the monitor of his terminal.

Trixie was stopped cold in her cocky walk. “Okay...so I can explain…”

Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura
    Valor-Miners gameday

Ordinarily, Trixie would have enjoyed seeing another stall out by the fabled Miners offense. The great, almighty front six had barely been able to get a goal by the rookie Valor keeper and hadn’t been able to punt much more between the uprights. The players’ frustration was evident and discontent roiled in the stands. This was not the game that the Miner fans had expected from their team one week after laying the mighty Senators low.

Unfortunately, the defense wasn’t doing too well either. It wasn’t doing terribly, but it definitely wasn’t doing great either. The Valor’s offense was one of the League’s least impressive, yet it was still getting in good chances on the Miners--and converting those chances. Horst wasn’t having a bad day, but he wasn’t having a good day either. His mark today was Lestyn Obatar, a Barabel. They were a species seemingly made for limmie and its brutal play. Even though Obatar had zero ELL experience, he was still breaking loose from Horst and getting points on the board.

He had just done it again, tossing the boloball over the bar. “Going to have to talk to that husband of yours about his being-on-being defense,” Ginny Harlow commented from behind Trixie.

The younger woman turned in her seat. “Excuse me? You have something to say about my husband’s play?”

“Just that if he was doing his job, the Miners might be winning right now. This is the Valor. They should have a shutdown on them right now,” Ginny said.

“I don’t think--” her husband Rickard started. It was too late.

“You think this is Horst’s fault? What about your favorite golden girl, Niskat? I haven’t heard a peep from her all day. So shut your mouth,” Trixie shot back.

“Trixie, that’s enough,” her father said sternly.

“Especially because you’re wrong,” her cousin Antrose Trieste volunteered. “This is a downhill game. If the defense isn’t making stops, they can’t flow up the field.”

“Oh excuse me!” Trixie said sarcastically, standing up. “I thought the great Miner power offense was so unstoppable it didn’t need help from anyone to score 60 points in a game!”

“Shows what you know,” Jane Serena Trieste said, coming to her brother’s aid. “Nobody’s ever scored 60 points in a game.”

“Sit down, Demons fan,” Trixie replied tartly. “This is between people who actually care about the Miners.”

“I do too care about the Miners!” Jane Serena protested.

“Just because your husband’s playing bad doesn’t mean you get to yell at us!” Ginny shouted, failing to model appropriate behavior for the owner’s box.

“And you know what? You can just sit down right now, Monarchs fan,” Trixie started.

“Are you joking me? We are literally here every week!” Ginny replied.

“Yeah and who’s shirt were you wearing from 276 through 280 at the Galactic Cup Finals?” Trixie quipped.

You were wearing a Monarchs shirt at the exact same games!” Ginny yelled.

“Pretty sure yours had your sister’s name on it and we all know if she could barely tolerate the Miners she would have signed her in free agency!” Trixie threw back.

“So you think just because Vesper played for the Monarchs I can’t possibly like the Miners?” Ginny asked with a mixture of disbelief and fury.

“Actually, she does have a point,” Declan interjected from the other side of the box.

“Oh Force,” Ayn muttered. Clearly the Minority Leader thought it was a tactical mistake for her husband to get involved in the debate...if such a term was worthy of the exchange.

It was definitely a mistake. “Stick to politics, Declan,” Antrose said, “and stay out of this.”

“Actually, that happens to be my sister playing down there with Horst, in case you haven’t noticed, and frankly I’m tired of hearing everyone bash the defense for not doing its job,” Declan said standing.

“Now you’ve done it,” Ayn said, putting a hand to her forehead.

“With the way you were talking about the defense last season, you would have thought they could win the entire game for us,” Jane Serena barked. “What about that now?”

“Well maybe if Cundertol got his head out of the astral plane or wherever he keeps it maybe he’d realize starting three draft pick rookies in a single season was the stupidest thing since Luke Skywalker went to Cloud City!” Trixie shouted, getting back into it.

“Everyone, let’s just calm down,” Elfie Trieste said, trying to physically separate the two sides.

“Stay out of it, Patriots fan!” nearly everyone exclaimed at the same time.

“Maybe you should all stay out of it,” Enoch said, “seeing as I’m the only one in this box who’s actually played competitive limmie.”

“You forget yourself, Lieutenant,” his aunt Fiona Westenra said sternly, a former college limmie player at the Bakura Fleet Academy, like the object of her scolding.

“Come on Fiona,” Regan Eldred said. “Don’t get dragged into their tiff.”

“Someone had to set him straight,” Fiona replied.

“Excuse me? Did you just say you had to set my son straight?” Ronan Trieste asked.

“Oh come off it, Ronan,” Dorian Lynd groaned. “You take everything so personally.”

“Oh so that’s why you’ve been sitting here silently while they’ve been denigrating our eldest daughter?” Siona Lynd haughtily asked her husband.

“Everyone! Simmer down!” Nessarose Trieste shouted, trying to get everyone’s attention.

“Shut up, Patriots fan!” the entire box shouted back.

“...and that’s why there’s video of my entire family yelling at each other in plain view of Bakura Gardens during the end of yesterday’s game,” Trixie explained, “and why you’re probably about to tell me that it’s conduct unbecoming of an associate at Fleetfire Zarmer.”

“Korriban no,” Sydney said with a shrug of his shoulders, “especially because you’re right. Cundertol set the defense up for a rebuilding year. It’s a shame he’s wasting years of the core’s prime on this. You’re totally right. But that’s not why I wanted to see you.”

Trixie blinked. “What? It’s not?”

“I want you to explain this,” Sydney said, turning his terminal monitor around so Trixie could see it.

It was the BBC Sports main page with an image of her husband. The headline read: “HORST PENN TO PARTICIPATE IN EVERY ELL SKILLS CHALLENGE EVENT. YES, REALLY”

Trixie looked at it, as still as a statue as she took this in. It took all of ten seconds before she moved again.

“So...I’m going to need to ask for some time off…” Trixie said slowly.

“Are you kidding? We’re both going to Ralltiir now,” Sydney said with a huge smile. “There’s no way I’m going to miss this. By the way, this is where you score me awesome tickets. Chop chop.”

Trixie walked out of the office with her head down as her mind whirled. Horst had some explaining to do.

TAG: CPL_Macja Jedi Gunny Runjedirun

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  8. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    All-Star Weekend, Part 3 of 3

All-Star Game:

Skywalker vs. Solo

First 15 Minutes: 7-3
    End of 1st Half: 18-5
    15 Minutes Remaining: 32-12
    End of Game: 41-21

Game MVP: Ariel Taeping (Pirates)

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Things calming down in the HSN Top 25 after a tumultuous week last week. Unranked Cloud City put a beating on #19 university of Sanbra to the tune of a 19-5 score in the odd mid season out of conference game."

"#22 University of Zeltros the only other top 25 ranked team to stumble this week, taking their own 24-2 drubbing at the hands of U of Denon. That gives the Denon Deacons the tie break for the Coreward Division in the Big 20."

"Elsewhere outside the Top 25, first year head coach Mij Katan is doing wonders with the Dawn Treaders of Concord War College out on Concord Dawn. They've won three in a row now after a 13-10 win over the Hunters of Trandosha U."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week 6

1. UB Salis D'aar
    2. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    3. Chandrila A&M University
    4. Dac State University
    5. University of Devaron
    6. Balmorra State University
    7. University of Denon
    8. Norand University, Carratos
    9. UB Telaan Valley
    10. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    11. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    12. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    13. Taanab A&M University
    14. University of Csilla
    15. University of Kashyyyk
    16. Technical Institute of Jakku
    17. University of Agamar
    18. University of Kuat
    19. University of Sanbra
    20. Grand Vulptur System University
    21. University of the Northern Industrial District
    22. University of Sanbra
    23. Tipoca City College, Kamino
    24. The Ord Sabaok University
    25. Cloud City University, Bespin

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  10. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Three days in a row. My family and I were going to attend Limmie events three days in a row. I like Limmie as much as the next guy, but I’m not a fanatic. Owning the team and becoming GM was passed down to me. I embraced it, welcomed it, heck I even put in to host the All Star weekend. Somehow I had not realized it meant three consecutive days of over eating, long work hours and over excitement. The days leading up to the All Star festivities were stressful. I remember yelling at family, apologizing to family, drinking caf in the mornings, drinking ale in the evenings and hopping on the treadmill during any free moment I could find.

On the day of the first festivities the focus of which was the Stars vs Elites Ryan and I decided to park our speeder in the parking lot with the diehard fans early in the AM and tail gate. We set up our newly purchased fold out chairs and lit a brand new grill. Jimsey huddled under a blanket while we encouraged him to come by the cooker to warm up. Ryan and I held our meat on sticks over the flame enjoying the novelty of a cookout.

Once the sun came up fully Jimsey decided he was hungry enough to join us. Several fans pointed, but no one really bothered us. After about 3 cups of hot chocolate Jimsey announced that he needed to use the fresher. I took his hand and led him over to the portable fresher’s lined up on the far side of the parking lot. “You mean I gotta use a smelly porta fresher?” He asked.

“Well everyone else is using them,” I replied.

“Why can’t we just go in the stadium?” He asked.

“It’s not open yet,” I informed him.

“But you own the place, don’t you have a way in?” He asked incredulously.

“We aren’t any different than anyone else in this parking lot,” I told my son. “I’m getting in line and I’m going to use the fresher. You can stand here, mope and suffer or you can get in line with me.” I stated as I took my place behind an older gentlemen in a McMee jersey.

Reluctantly Jimsey stood next to me and he even used one of the porta freshers when we got to the front of the line. “Did you use hand sanitizer?” I asked as we headed back to our speeder.

We also stood in line with everyone else to get into the stadium when the gates opened. I was doing a lot more than proving I could rough it like a commoner. I was observing how well my employees moved beings into the stadium. 4 billion is a lot beings to move. I was also interested in how clean those fresher’s were and how well security broke up any disagreements between fans of rival teams.

When we finally got up to our box and got settled I tried to explain this to Jimsey, but he had pulled out a stack of his collectable cards and was showing them to T.J. “Do you want to trade?” I heard him ask.

T.J. immediately produced a stack of his own cards and the two boys started making bargains. The game was confusing. I didn’t know which team I was supposed to be pulling for. There were Starkiller representatives on both sides. The stadium was quiet compared to our normal Sunday afternoon. Concessions sold well, but I noticed that when the game got out of hand in the second half beings left in droves.

We stayed until the bitter end and I even went down to speak to our player representatives after the game to get their feelings on the event. Needless to say we got home very late. The next morning we slept in, went for a swim as a family and ate lunch before heading to the Skills Challenge. The Skills Challenge was a much more exciting event. Pockets of fans for every team erupted as representatives from their teams took center stage. Starkiller fans got a special treat as we took three events.

We arrived back at the house in good spirits. Ryan and I celebrated in the bedroom and I woke up the final day energized. So energized that I ran 20k before breakfast. As I sat down to a steaming bowl of oats Ryan turned his data pad to face me. An adorable female baby Mon Calamri was on the screen. “Who’s that?” I asked.

“Shannon, she’s up for adoption. I thought maybe you would schedule a meeting next week. There’s two road games. We have some time,” he reminded me.

This was just like Ryan. He knew I didn’t want more kids. Still when he thought I was in a good mood he wanted to sneak in and ruin it. Was I being selfish? How much would I hurt him if I turned down this meeting? If I went I’d be opening door I couldn’t close. My oats didn’t look so inviting anymore.

“Rich she needs a home, she’s a Mon Cal and our house has a swimming pool. How could this be wrong?” I heard my partner begin to beg.

“I didn’t say it was wrong,” I said quickly and defensively. “I just don’t know if I can handle more children right now.”

“I don’t see children,” Ryan said looking at the Mon Cal girl, “I see a child.”

“A baby,” I corrected. “Do you have any idea how much work babies are?”

“Jimsey was a handful when we got him,” Ryan said with a shrug.

“I’ll think about it,” I relented.

“So that’s a no?” He asked in a rejected tone as he got up from the table and stormed off.

“I didn’t say that,” I called.

For the rest of the morning we didn’t speak. I almost left for the stadium to watch the All Star game without him. I just knew that wouldn’t be fair. When we agreed to get married I told Ryan I wanted children. After adopting Jimsey I came to the conclusion that one was enough. Ryan still wanted more. I was being selfish. I had plenty of funds to spare, I had empty rooms in my house. I would find room in my house. I would find room in my heart. I started to turn the knob to our bedroom and realized it was locked. I knocked gently.

I knocked a little louder and Jimsey came out in the hall. “What’s wrong dad? Are you having a fight?”

Suddenly the door opened. One thing Ryan and I always agreed on is that we never wanted Jimsey to see us fight. “I was just getting dressed,” Ryan explained.

“Why don’t you show Jimsey the picture of Shannon?” I suggested to Ryan. It took Ryan a minute to realize I really meant it. He sprinted over to the night stand where his data pad was charging. He pulled it out of the charging station and brought up the holo.

“This,” Ryan said excitedly. “Might be your new little sister.”

“Really?” Jimsey said in shock.

“We have to go meet her,” Ryan explained. “We will have to fill out a lot of forms, we have to get approved as fit parents. Maybe you can help, would you like that?” Ryan asked.

“Yea,” Jimsely exclaimed. We went to the All Star game together. I had my reservations, but the enthusiasm radiating from Ryan and Jimsey was contagious. Fans were exuberant as well. Unfortunately the Starkillers didn’t have a single starter in the game. Something I held my tongue tight on. Sometimes it was best to concentrate on more important things. As a franchise our team needed to be prepared for the upcoming game against Jakku. Hopefully being able to rest most our players and not start a single one would give us the advantage next week.

As I watched the Solo try and make an impossible comeback during the final minutes I could see that some of our fans agreed. Most notably when Fortune was booed as he dove to catch a pass near the end of the game. When he stood back up I know I took a collective sigh of relief.

Tags: No One

Trieste likes this.
  11. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Dewey Finn
    All-Star Weekend, Ralltiir

The All-Star Weekend was a rather novel approach to giving the fans what they wanted. It was an opportunity to take the much-maligned All-Star Game and turn it into three days of events for the Elite League players to show what they had. The young stars had their own game to prove their worth to the galaxy, the best-skilled players at their positions would duke it out in a series of challenges to prove who was superior, and the All-Star Game was a chance, if nothing else, for advertisers to get another game in for their own purposes. For fans, they got to see their favorite players go at it with each other, both squads littered with star talent.

The Futures Game had Senator representatives on both sides, Woody Wakes on the Stars and Michonne on the Elites. The Chiss goalie, coming off an Ingbrand-winning campaign but now stuck behind Jayla Leed on the depth chart, wanted to prove that she still had the skills that had led to her successful rookie season. Her team ended up winning handily, choking the Stars offense with a combined effort of all 8 players.

The Skills Challenge was frustrating for the Senator delegation because they once again came close to winning an event for the first time in team history, but once again they weren’t able to finish the job. Dewey doubted that the Challenges were more important than coming out of the Break and trying to win their sixth game, but I had to be frustrating nonetheless. All of the players had to be competitive in order to survive in the League, so losing or coming up short at anything had to be hard.

The All-Star Game was even more of a disaster for the Senator delegation. Leia Adama and first-time All-Star Hela Montego were outmatched by the Skywalker defense, leading to a lot of headaches and rumblings in the crowd. The Ralltiir faithful wanted to see their side win, and the inept play by the Solo team obviously rankled them. There would be questions on if Montego deserved the start; she had done well in her third pro season as the replacement scorer for the injured and ineffective Zuzu Nuun, so she had earned her way here with her play. Fortunately, the All-Star Game didn’t count for anything except pride, so it could have been a lot worse.

“How do you feel you did out there?” Dewey asked the Senators captain later that night.

“That was brutal,” Adama said. “They had our number.”

“What do you think you can take out of this experience?”

“Never underestimate your opponents. I think we were all guilty of overlooking the Skywalker players. Our conference may have the better overall record, but they wanted it a lot more, and it showed. I think their race to the finish line will be just as intense as ours.”

“How will you deal with this going forward? You have a big game next week.”

“It’ll be huge. We want to get that sixth win if we can. But we need to get this taste out of our mouths.”

When asked about the All-Star Weekend, most of the Senator players didn’t have much to say.

“That was tough, man.”

“Not a good game.”

“I hope Coach didn’t use any of our offensive plays, because we don’t want to teach them to our opponents.”

Coach Lopaki: “Don’t worry, I ran a basic offense out there. Nothing was taken from our playbook except for a few simple plays that Pee-Wee or Little League teams will run. Dive left, dive right, slant down the middle, simple stuff. We just didn’t perform well in any phase of the game.”

“Do you feel honored to have been the Coach for the Conference team?”

“Of course,” Lopaki said. “It was a good experience.”

“It brought back a lot of memories,” Gark S’rily said. “I never coached an All-Star team in my time, since we didn’t have that game during most of my tenure, but it was like the offseason Cup tournament in a way. A conglomeration of good players going at it with another squad of equally-talented players. It was an experience that I won’t forget, even if it turned out pretty ugly for my side.”

On working with players from rival teams: “It was odd. I never thought I would be coaching Miners. Maybe back in the day they would’ve hired me on the spot, but that didn’t happen, so this was probably the closest they got to me coaching for them.”

On going forward, the answers were all the same.

“We need to beat the C-Bucs. We want to keep our edge in the conference.”

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lucy Heart
    Lucy's Apartment, O'pahz, Carratos

"You cost us the game laserbrain." Grey nearly shouted getting close to his midfield partner.

"Hey I saw an opening and I when for it."

"Yeah, and it left the middle wide open for the Mariners to score."

"We would have made it back if the defense didn't mess up that last pass."

"They wouldn't have been in that situation if you'd just kept your ego in check." Things were getting heated between the two men and Erza was nowhere to be seen. Was she practicing late again? Lucy could have stepped in but, her mind was elsewhere. She'd met with Todoaris the man who said he had some information on the charges for parts she was seeing. They met in a seculed and darkened corner of the Colosseum. The whole arrangement made her skin crawl. What he revealed troubled her even more. He claimed that Watt was skimming, that he was making bogus invoices and keeping the money paid out.

She asked if they should take this to Mr. Polenta but, Todoaris said that without any hard evidence it would be hard to convince the boss. As well, this was Carratos, everyone had a side hustle, everybody skimmed, it was a tradition. He swiftly advised her just to let it go, no one was getting hurt, and it wasn't like the management was missing the money. But she couldn't let it go.

She might have been Carratosian but, she learned that you don't take what isn't yours, you work hard and get paid for your work. It was one of the few lessons her father imparted to her. So to allow this to continue felt wrong, and she didn't like it. On the other hand Todoaris was right without any proof she couldn't just go and make an accusation, and even if she did have proof there was still a chance that Mr. Polenta wouldn't believe her, or worse, not care.

Erza arrived as beat up and tried as she usually did these days, the red head was working herself to the bone, practicing late with Cutty, Ariel and others. She gave Grey and Natsu swift strikes to the backs of their heads before collapsing on the floor.

"We've got an early practice, get some sleep you two." She mumbled from one of the mattresses Lucy kept out for her three friends that always seemed to crash at her place. After rubbing the backs of their heads of a bit the two Midfielders took the hint and settled down. Lucy stayed up a little longer trying to work on her novel but, finding herself blocked. She eventually just gave up and went to bed herself, questions still swirling in her head.

_____
    Arcadia Colosseum, O'pahz, Carratos

"Do you think he'll try to pull a stunt this time?" Mr. Polenta said to Syrnola.

"He's been pretty quiet on the subject since a few years back, with the last…stunt." The green skinned Twi'lek retorted.

"That could just mean he's plotting." Mr. Polenta added with a bit of a smirk.

"I think if he was going to do something her would have done it by now." Syrnola added somewhat reassuringly. Lucy looked on a little confused, she had no idea who or what the two were discussing or were worrying over. Lucy settled in though her mind did wander a bit. She wondered about how to expose Watt, how to prove that he was taking money that wasn't his. She bit her thumb nail a little looking over to her superiors. She should tell them, tell them that she has her suspicions.

She was about to say something, working up her courage to finally say something to them about it. The young woman was worried. Worried about what they would think what they would say. All she had to go on were some fishy invoices and the words of a co-worker. Was that enough to tell her bosses about it, would they even believe her?

Just as she was going to speak up Leigh broke though the Starkiller defense putting the ball into the top corner. Mr. Polenta let out a soft 'yes' clenching his fist. Looking at them they were already focused on the game. Watching each play with a critical eye. Lucy decided to not interrupt them as the game continued.

Cutty zipped through the middle at lightning speed, it looked like the other players were standing still. The GM furrowed his brow, shaking his head.

"It shouldn't have been that easy." He commented to the Twi'lek next to him.

"Well it's still early in the game, and you and I both know Cutty is extremely hard to catch." Syrnola explained.

"I'd expect them to fight a little harder to stop the next point. They blew out the C-Bucs 39-4, I'd think they'd tighten up their defense."

Lucy looked to the holoprojectors showing the game. The Starkillers were charging through the middle and had already broken past Masters and Van Pelt. Sylvanus was in the center lining up for a tackle or an interception. It was hard to tell, it seemed the veteran had gotten good at hiding his intentions. All at once he snapped into action knocking down a pass and punting the ball forward. Mr. Polenta arched his brow.

"That was rather sloppy of them, making such a dangerous pass." He grumbled, Lucy wasn't sure if he always talked so much during the games or if he was just particularly talkative this game.

"I thought you'd like the fact the Starkiller's were making mistakes, boss."

"The fans pay to see a good game, and if this is a sign of things to come, I think we're going to have a half filled stadium by the handshakes."

"And that's bad for business? I mean we didn't lose, and beat a pretty tough team. I think that alone would keep people watching. As well it could be that the Starkillers are just getting used to the high power offense Carratos is known for."

"It is possible, and it is early, I hope they make a game of it."

As the game moved on, it seemed the Starkillers were taking their time getting going. Cutty and Ariel were back on form blitzing the net every play and Leigh setting them up from the right. Lucy watched the 'Killers, noticing that they weren't really playing with any urgency. They were being shutout and they didn't seemed bothered at all. It wasn't like they weren't playing, they were still driving at the net and making plays but, they lacked something. Something it seemed the Pirates had in spades, a fire, a hunger for the win. On the field it was apparent.

For the first time Lucy could remember, she began to feel bored. Even when her friends were subbed in the second half she couldn't keep herself interested in the action on the field. Her mind began to wonder again this time to her father, why hadn't her shown up yet he'd sent several messages that he would be making a visit to O'pahz but, she had not seen hide nor hair of him. That was just fine with her, the further and longer he stayed away from her the better. She replayed her last birthday in that house, the large house that felt so empty without her mother around. It still sent shivers up her spine, the anger in her father's eyes. It scared her, terrified her seeing him like that. If she could avoid that, she would.

Natsu was charging into the defensive zone though it seemed Grey wasn't getting overwhelmed. Erza was holding down the center not letting anything past her. Once again things settled into a boring consistency. Even when the Starkillers scored, it did nothing to get her interested in the game again. Or maybe it was the questions just floating around in her head that kept her distracted. Either way her team won in a blowout but, the stands weren't half empty only about a quarter maybe. Though the fans that remain were singing loudly,

"Fifteen men on a Dead Man's Chest, yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum."

"At least they get to sing that song." Mr. Polenta said standing up stretching his legs.

"The Scallywags do love getting to sing it especially when it's us coming out on top."

TAG:Runjedirun

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Good morning all! A big thank you to Jedi Gunny for all his work organizing the three All-Star events this week. It was much appreciated!

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

285 Week 7 Results
    Mando’ade Mercs at Dac Mariners (29-11)
    Hapes Consortium Buccaneers at Coruscant Senators (24-9)
    Bakura Miners at Denon Demons (17-8)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Jakku Junkers (37-14)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (7-26)
    Carratos Pirates at Kuati Valor (27-23)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (30), Thyferra (28), Concorida (28), Atzerri (28)

LFL Week Six Results

Byblos Red Wings @ Druckenwell Marksmen (5-21)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force (9-19)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (12-27)

Tags: CPL_Macja Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422

Vehn likes this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Busy week so a short post.

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool Victoooooory afternoon! Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the 284 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you."

"Good times, good times. back in first place."

"I thought you said last week it was too early to look at the standings."

"That was last week, this is this week..."

"One week makes that much of a difference huh?"

"Does when you win the game to grab hold of sole possession of first place."

"Still lots of season left."

"Yeah, there is..."

"Four games. Three against teams with winning records and the Pirates who always, always play the Mercs tough."

"Yeah I know, nothing is set in stone yet..."

"One of those games against the first place Senators who though they have looked a little more vulnerable lately have been killing teams since the start of the season."

"Final game of the season against the Miners, the team we faced in last year's Galactic Cup Finals."

"You know they'll be out for revenge..."

"They always play extra hard on Surrender Day, doubly so when it's also the Coalition Memorial Game as well. Now add on taking on the defending champions, the team that beat them for the Cup last season? Yeah that's going to be a crazy, crazy game."

"The Mercs are the only team in the conference with an above .500 mark."

"Barely though, 4-3 isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball, and though the Valor and Smugglers have hit on some hard times of late..."

"Can't ever count out that team from Nal Hutta's moon. Not until they're mathematically eliminated."

"Even then, they still play tough."

"...the Pirates, Bucs and Mariners sit only a game back of the Mercs at 3-4."

"Mercs have the tie break against two of those teams, I'm still feeling pretty good about the season right now."

"Have yet to play the Pirates though, and like Kitterich said..."

"Yeah, yeah, they play us tough. I know, and they do."

"Still think you're counting your..."

"Hey, I know there is still a lot of season left, plenty of time for the Mercs to blow it or another team to get on a real hot streak and take the league by storm."

"Right."

"I'm just saying that I like where they are sitting right now. Better to be where they are than where the Valor are at right now."

"Yeah for right now..."

TAG: No one, shabla NPC teams (though an NPC team comes at a good time for me so I won't complain). :p

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Going to be out for the rest of the week so here's an early College Limmie Update!

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"#20 GVSU lost a stunner to unranked Coruscant Air Fleet Academy 9-8, they can't win the Crendan division of the S-16 but they can play the role of spoiler when they take on The..."

"Thank you."

"..Ord Sabaok University StarBucks next week."

"Crendan Champions baby!"

"That loss only the beginning of the upsets in the Top 25 as we later in the day we saw #8 Norand University, Carratos lose to #25 University of Ralltiir by a close 24-22 score. UR now takes the pole position in the Veragi League."

"Elsewhere the defending champion University of Tatooine, Anchorhead lose their own heartbreaker 15-4 to the Enarc Technical University. Going to be a tough haul for UTA to get back to the playoff to defend their crown."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 after Week 7

1. UB Salis D'aar
    2. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    3. Chandrila A&M University
    4. Dac State University
    5. University of Devaron
    6. Balmorra State University
    7. University of Denon
    8. UB Telaan Valley
    9. Norand University, Carratos
    10. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    11. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    12. Ralltiir University
    13. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    14. Taanab A&M University
    15. University of Csilla
    16. University of Kashyyyk
    17. Technical institute of Jakku
    18. University of Agamar
    19. Cloud City University, Bespin
    20. University of Kuat
    21. University of Sanbra
    22. Lorrd University
    23. Tipoca City College, Kamino
    24. The Ord Sabaok University
    25. Verpine Technical Institute (Roche Asteroids)

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Lucy Heart
    Lucy's Apartment, O'pahz, Carratos

'Hey Synorla, I can't make it in today. I have a family engagement and I cannot miss it. I thank you for your understanding.'

This was the message Lucy sent early in the morning in the middle of the week. It was just a normal day for most everyone else but, for those of Fairy Tail this day was special, it was Opening Day. It was on this day years ago that the pace many called home was opened, and every day since they've remained open. The young woman was cooking in her too small kitchen. Opening Day was celebrated with a meal shared with everyone in the 'Family' that family including any who've ever stayed under the roof of the orphanage.

This often brought back many of those that had aged out, or that had been reconnected with their families, or had found their way in the galaxy, it was nice seeing all of them again. It was customary that if you could, to bring something to eat. The history of Fairy Tail was long, and had helped many, this always meant a packed house and tables of food. Lucy had always worried if there would be enough for everyone. Yet somehow every year, everyone was stuffed, and sleeping on the floor. It felt good to finally be contributing. She never really had the money to help out with the food in the past.

Her friends were already over there, helping to setup. Though she knew Natsu and Grey were getting ready from the game after the meal. Another tradition the post meal limmie game, all those that want to play line up and two captains pick their teams. Often times there are enough players to field two full teams. This year she knew exactly who would be captains Grey and Natsu. They were too powerful to be on the same team. She also knew who would be the first pick, Erza, though that didn't mean the team that chose her would win.

This year Lucy felt ready for the game. She'd been studying the games she'd been watching and learned what each position needs to be doing. This would be the first time she would feel like she could go toe to toe with some of the better players. Most certainly not Grey, Erza and Natsu but, there were a few that she knew she could take. First she'd have to survive the meal, and not eat too much. It was hard not to, there was so much and a lot of it tasted so good. It was probably from the fact that everyone did their best to bring something they put a lot of care into.

She finished up her side, a hearty starch filled side. Many had quite a lot to say about eating so much food in the middle of summer but, it was tradition. The young woman wrapped it in foil and began her walk to what felt like her old home. The warm ceramic dish filled her with an odd sort of joy or contentment. She made this and she only hoped that the people that ate it liked it. She got a few cross looks as she walked down the street but, she didn't mind, she quite liked it as well.

Arriving at the orphanage, it looked like a broad building bearing a few scorch marks from the Occupation. She wondered why Makarov hadn't fixed those yet. Maybe he's been busy with other things. She enters the somewhat large former warehouse and was greeted by a collection of current residents of the home, friends she left the day she aged out. There was a loud cheer as she entered. A broad smile blooms across her face. It had been so long since she'd seen some of these people. The one that stood out was Mira, the white furred Cathar that greeted her at the door.

Her towering brother Elfman, a bulky similarly colored felinoid, pulled both women into a crushing hug. It was like coming home again as his laugh rumbled through his broad chest. Lucy set her dish on a table loaded with food, more than she ever remembered seeing on the food table before. Other tables were set up, long ones with chairs flanking them, enough spaces for maybe hundreds of beings. She took up a position with her three closest friends and spent time talking with them. Each time another one entered a cheer went out, and hands shot into the air.

Once the appointed time was reached, Makarov stood on a table in rather festive garb. All eyes moved to him.

"I want to thank you all for coming to Opening Day," another cheer leaves many grateful throats, "You know that each of you are my children, and see you all together brings be more joy than you can possibly imagine. I want to thank everyone that made and brought something for the rest of us. And I'd like to thank everyone that came out today, your smiles and laughter only add to this celebration of family. And finally I'd like to thank three in particular, Grey, Natsu and Erza, I want to thank you for giving of your time and most generously of your funds to help make this the most bountiful 'Opening Day yet."

Lucy gave a look to her friends, "Really you've been giving back?"

"Every last credit we've made," Natsu explained,

"That's why we've been crashing at your place every night. We didn't have money for rent." Erza added.

"We owe it to gramps, he got us our place on the Pirates, we have to pay him back." Grey said finally cracking a smile.

"Also we kinda have to pay him back for all the stuff Grey broke when we were here." Natsu continued scratching the back of his head

"Stuff I broke!" Grey interjected sitting up straighter in his seat. "You're the one that was like a nerf in a trasperasteel factory."

"You wanta' say that again Iceboy."

"Let me say it slower so your laser brain can keep up."

"You two," Erza admonished them, "This isn't the time, now let's go get some food." Both boys settled down and took their place in a long line for food.

Soon everyone had plates some piled with food, some with less, but all were smiling and enjoying each other's company. They might not have been born family, but they became one. Each one was a brother or sister to the other. After eating and taking time for the food to settle, everyone that wanted to moved out to the field behind 'Fairy Tail'. Last Lucy remembered it was a little uneven and mostly dirt, over years of kids playing pickup games on it.

Now it was completely different, the turf was green and full, the nets and up rights gleaming white. Everything looked brand new. Had Makarov used the money Erza, Grey, and, Natsu gave him to fix up the old limmie field. She didn't really have time to wonder as soon Natsu and Grey were picking teams. Erza wasn't playing on a team, she was the ref. That was diplomatic of her, not wanting to give one team an unfair advantage over the other. Lucy ended up on Natsu's team playing midfield with him. As expected, they had enough to play with two full teams, even without Erza.

At mid Lucy knew her job, move the play up to the forwards, and try to stop any pushes by the other team in the midfield. Though she had a sinking suspicion that Natsu wasn't going to be playing like that. Erza started the match and right out of the gate, Natsu rushed into the offensive zone leaving Lucy to handle the midfield herself. Thankfully Grey left his post to hunt down the pink haired fireball, finally able to take some of his frustrations out. The game might have been full contact but, each hit was never too hard, never done out of malice and each time one of them hit the ground another was there to lift them up.

Lucy comported herself well despite not having her midfield partner. She even got a tackle on the duracrete wall that was Elfman. She came in low and from the side twisting his weight in an odd way sending the towering being to the ground. She'd have to thank Tian for showing her how to do that. Not in a literal sense but, Lucy had watched the corner forward's play, and noted how she brought down defenders far bigger than herself. She had fun, and enjoyed spending time with her family again, playing the sport they all loved.

The game ended when the sun went down and it became too dark to see. Natsu and Grey wanted to keep going but, everyone else was too worn out to continue. Lucy knew she was going to be sore in the morning but, that didn't matter, what mattered was she was with her friends, her family.

The Pirates went on to win on Kuat in a nail biter of a game Natsu scored the go head goal on another of his crazy charges. Grey had five interceptions on the day, pretty good for just one man in the middle. And Erza dominated at center half back. Though her friends did well in the game and it seemed that the Pirates were getting back into the chase for the playoffs, the ture Highlight of the week was the meal shared with family and the game played there. Played for the love of the game, and those around, not for points, not for standing, just for fun.

TAG: No One

OOC: I hope all in America have a great Thanksgiving, and to everyone everywhere else, have a great day as well.

18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Financial Square Arena, Cambrielle, Ralltiir

All-Star Games were stupid, if you asked Trixie. (Not that anyone did, but she still made her thoughts on the matter public.) Sure, they seemed awesome--all the greatest limmie players in the galaxy facing each other. However, when you actually got there not everyone was playing all out. Sure, some would, but those would be the idiots who weren’t thinking about the fact they could get injured despite everyone’s best efforts in a game that didn’t mean anything, putting the teams that held their contracts at a severe disadvantage.

Idiots like her husband.

Trixie was not going to miss her husband becoming the first being to compete in every Skills Challenge competition (and in a single year, no less), but she also knew that if he planted his foot wrong or fell a certain way he could be injured. There was that threat in a regular game, but this was the All-Star weekend festivities. It would be the stupidest way to get injured ever. Therefore, it was probably something that was going to happen to Horst.

However, she knew that he had his heart set on it. When she’d come home after learning about it, he was a bundle of energy. “I know! I told my union rep I wanted to do all the challenges and he was like, ‘Really?’ and I was like, ‘Really!’ and he was like ‘Really?’ and I was like, ‘Okay, how many more times do I have to say ‘really,’ before you let me do this?” he gushed. “This is going to be so awesome! I’m going to win all of them and then they’re going to give me the Galactic Cup!”

“Horst, that’s not how the Galactic Cup works.”

“I’m pretty sure it is,” Horst said confidently. “After all, which of us is the professional limmie player in this conversation? This guy. I know how things work.”

So now Trixie was sitting on the sidelines of the Skills Challenge as the players were being introduced.

“And now, participating in...seriously? All the events? Okay, whatever. Participating in all the events is…” the announcer began.

However another voice cut in over the public address system.

“You thought he was dead...but so did the Chancellor’s enemies. Gentlebeings, returning to the Elite League Limmie Skills Challenge for one night only, Burt Macklin!”

[​IMG]

Horst ran onto the field wearing sunglasses and a CorSec jacket, urging the fans to cheer more loudly to herald his entrance. He jogged to the sidelines to where Trixie was sitting.

“Excuse me, miss. Even though we’ve never met before and you are probably a married woman, I wanted to know if you would have a torrid one night affair with me after I win the Galactic Cup tonight,” Horst...Burt asked her.

“Sorry, I’m married,” Trixie replied.

Horst pulled his sunglasses down his nose. “Psst, Trixie,” he whispered. “It’s me, Horst.”

“I don’t know any Horst. I’m talking to CorSec agent Burt Macklin,” Trixie repeated. “Last I heard, he had to clear himself of being wrongly accused of stealing the Chancellor’s rubies.”

“Oh! Right right right. Got it. I’ll see you later...with the Galactic Cup,” Horst said before running off.

The first event was the Longest Score challenge. All the participants began at the 20 meter mark. As far as Trixie knew, Horst had never scored a goal in his life. He had probably never kicked a boloball between the uprights. He might not have even ever had an assist. Thankfully, there were no defenders on the field. It was just a straight shot on the goal. Everybody made the 20 meter kick in this event.

Horst wound up and kicked the ball--at a 45 degree angle straight into the stands where it hit a Quarren in the face, causing his nachos to go flying all over the fans nearby.

“Yes!” Horst said. “That’s got to be worth like 50 points right?”

“Uh...there aren’t any points in this challenge,” the ref supervising things informed him.

“There aren’t? Then what’s the point?”

“To put the boloball in the net.”

“Well that’s a silly challenge. That doesn’t take any skill at all.”

The next event was the Skills Challenge Course. Trixie thought that Horst probably had a shot at doing all right in this event. After all, it involved footwork, turns, avoiding tackles, dribbling at a sprint, and then capping it off with a shot from 10 points.

Horst started well enough...until he tripped over himself. In the second serpentine turn he lost his footing and skidded across the turf. It also turned out he was better at giving tackles than slipping them.

“That’s hard!” Horst complained, after getting to his feet after being tackled by the first training droid. “Since when did we hit like that in this game?” Clearly he’d never thought about what it was like to be on the receiving end of his tackles--though as the second droid flattened him he had another opportunity to ponder the experience.

Horst had trouble with the dribbling drill as he used both hands (and apparently a large degree of concentration) to work his way slowly across the 10 meter expanse for dribbling. At the end, it took him four tries to score a goal. The first boloball slipped out of his hands.

“Whoops!”

He missed catching the second boloball being passed to him, which sailed right by. The third he caught, but he kicked it wide. The fourth he finally put in the net, though it was probably more luck than skill.

Next was the Shooting Accuracy event. Horst was actually not that bad at it...compared to his other performances. The fact it only took him three times as long as the winner to complete hitting all of the corners of the net was rather impressive. He still sent two boloballs wide of the goal. This time fans were ready and were throwing themselves out of the way of the wildly inaccurate, but seemingly deadly, boloballs that went into the stands.

As they transitioned between events, Trixie was hopeful that Horst was on the upswing as they entered the Rough and Ready tackling challenge--the event that Horst actually had a shot at winning. Unfortunately, the three events seemed to be wearing on Horst.

“Everything hurts. Running is impossible,” he panted as he lay down face first on the grass.

Sure enough, Horst looked winded as the training droids whizzed around the challenge area.

“Hey! Get--back here!” he wheezed, calling after the droid moving in the opposite direction. When the last droid was finally active, Horst collapsed on top of it in the most tired tackle that Trixie had ever seen. Given that Horst was pretty much dead weight on top of it, the droid wasn’t going anywhere.

The last event was the Goalkeeper Challenge. Once again, Horst had a fighting chance. After all--he blocked shots as a goalkeeper...just at much closer range.

“Okay, here we go! Finish strong Burt!” Horst said as he stood on the goal line.

The first ball whizzed by without Horst moving.

“Hey, is it supposed to go that fast?” Horst asked, standing up straight.

The second ball passed him by.

“I totally wasn’t ready for that!” Horst protested.

He moved for the third ball--but in the opposite direction.

“Okay, I’ve got the hang of it now.”

Fourth ball--goal.

“Is it supposed to go that high?”

Fifth ball--goal.

“Is that droid ever programmed to shoot it right into the goalkeeper? That’d be a major improvement.”

Sixth ball--goal.

“For the record, I almost had that one. Like if it was about four feet closer I would have had it.”

Sixth ball--goal.

“Totally getting this one.”

Seventh ball--goal.

“Okay, I’ve got you figured out now.”

Eighth ball--goal.

“I got distracted by that guy’s nachos. Redo.”

Ninth ball--goal.

“Is this droid on like Leia Adama setting? That’s not fair.”

Tenth ball--goal. That one hit Horst squarely in the stomach, knocking him back into the goal with the ball.

“That’s totally a point for me, right?” Horst said.

The ref shook his head.

“Perfect score!” Horst exclaimed. “Woo hoo! I win!”

Nobody decided to correct Horst straight as he took his victory lap around Financial Square Arena. At the end of it, Trixie received her husband into a hug--and he promptly turned into dead weight in her arms, tumbling to the grass in a giant, sweaty tangle.

That was her husband all right.

Denon Gardens, Denon

The bye week had done wonders for the Miners--especially the defense. The Demons were the stingiest team in the league, yet today the Miners were giving them a taste of their own medicine. The extra week of prep had helped Hoti, Jordan, and Malu improve their game, likely tailored to the Demons’ particular offensive attack. Of course, the Demons had the same opportunity to refine their attack against the inexperienced rookies. Whatever preparation they’d done hadn’t been as good as what Cuth Hulu had put his team through.

Trixie had worried about her husband being overly fatigued after the All-Star Weekend. After all, he hadn’t even made it out to the playoff game. The next day had been spent almost entirely in bed in their hotel room, recovering from trying to keep up with the best ELL players at their positions all Skills Challenge long.

Now that, hadn’t stopped Horst from calling himself “an all-star” all week long. That wasn’t exactly true, as he hadn’t been named to the Solo Conference team (though the way the Solo Conference defenders played, he certainly would have been an improvement), and Trixie had tried to tell him this. However, he either didn’t process the information or she got to him too late because 20 t-shirts made with “HORST PENN: ALL-STAR” on them had arrived at their apartment after returning from Ralltiir.

Her fears about his endurance proved unfounded. Despite a tough challenger this week, the Miner defense was playing their best--and Horst was no exception.

“Glad to see Valerii right the ship. That’s three for three,” Regan observed, pleased with the day’s performance.

“That’s something to be thankful for,” her husband said.

“And no major injuries,” Siona said from the row behind. “One can always be thankful for that.”

“And Li Roy Jinkins,” Trixie added suddenly.

“Huh?” Jane Serena responded. She had no idea why her cousin would bring up the most famous Demons player.

“We should be thankful for Li Roy Jinkins,” Trixie said.

Everyone sensed a trap. “Because…?” Antrose asked, deciding to take the bait.

“It’s entertaining to watch him try to beat the entire defense on his own, while the rest of his team is still in the defensive zone,” Trixie said.

“And at least he’s still got Endorian chicken,” Ginny said, picking up the theme. “I bet he’s thankful for that.”

“Chicken is going to be the only thing that Denon has for a while if they finish the season like this,” Ronan said. “Sorry, dear.” The last remark was for the benefit of his wife, who tolerated the Miners but whose heart remained on her homeworld of Denon.

“And to being a Miners fan,” Declan proclaimed grandly. “Let’s all be thankful for that. There’s no better team to be a fan of.”

“Except one with more championships, like the Smugglers,” Oisin Trieste pointed out, on behalf of his in-laws.

“Or one with just as many Final appearances, like the Patriots,” Nessarose added.

“Or one with an equal number of Final appearances in the Silver Age, like the Senators,” Atticus allowed.

“Or one that can beat us in the Final, like Carratos,” Rickard Harlow admitted.

“Or one that cared to draft one of the Noble House, like Rydonni Prime,” Dorian Lynd said.

“Or one that’s won back-to-back championships, like Ralltiir,” Enoch interjected.

“Or one with a gorgeous starting lineup, like Hapes,” Antrose sighed. His wife Henrietta pinched him for that.

“Or one with flamethrowers that can beat us in the Final, like Mando’ade,” Fiona said.

“Not them,” Trixie growled.

“Oh come on. They hate the Ssi-Ruuk. Makes them okay in my book,” the Admiral said.

“Not them,” Trixie repeated.

“So, other than those teams, there’s no team better to be a fan of than the Miners,” Ayn finished, rolling her eyes.

It was a sentiment everyone could agree with.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn Happy Thanksgiving. :D

Runjedirun, Jedi Gunny and jcgoble3 like this.
  19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I promised Lucie I’d help her out by taking her boys with Ryan, Jimsy and I to visit the aviation museum the day the Junkers were to play the Starkillers. “Are you sure Cambrielle doesn’t want to come?” I asked when I arrived to pick them up.

“We are going to have a girl’s day,” Lucie insisted taking her daughters hand. I knew it must be hard for Lucie to be alone with three kids while Ty was travelling. “Heard a rumor you might be welcoming a new family member,” Lucie went on without skipping a beat.

“Jimsey tell you that?” I asked in disbelief.

“He told T.J. I imagine it will take a while for you guys to contact an agency,” she began.

“Actually we met with one earlier this week,” I interrupted. “Barring anything too crazy we could have a new family member by the end of next week.”

“Next week! Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Lucie, this is all kind of a shock to me too.” I admitted. “An agency placed an infant with a family that changed their mind. So,” I said trying to believe this myself. “As long as our back ground check goes smoothly we’ll be the parents of two by Friday.”

“Boy or Girl?” Lucie asked with excitement.

“Girl,” I said. “Mon Calamari.”

Lucie laughed out loud. “You want me to take the boys today?”

“Jimsey is really excited about the museum. Ryan’s already ordered baby furniture and gear. It’s been arriving at the house all week. The room is painted. We got this,” I said taking a deep breath.

“T.J. what’s taking you so long?” Lucie called up the stairs. She couldn’t look at me without breaking out in laughter. T.J. came running downstairs with Ezra on his heels.

“Is it time to leave?” He asked.

“Your uncle is here waiting for you,” Lucie explained.

“Shorts or longs?” T.J. who was still in his pajamas, asked.

“Longs,” Lucie answered and he ran back upstairs.

“Do you need any help?” Lucie asked me.

“You know how to care for a Mon Calamarian baby?” I asked surprised.

“Hell no,” Lucie said in a fit of laughter. “It would be rude if I didn’t offer.”

“Ryan’s mom will be moving in for a week at least, to help us out.” I explained.

Finally dressed T.J. and Ezra came back down the stairs. “Ready!” T.J. announced.

“Ready,” Ezra repeated.

Our day at the aviation museum got off to a rough start. T.J. and Jimsey were outright rude to Ezra. They let him know he was little and unwanted. After several warnings I had to take them aside and let them have it. I didn’t want to single Jimsey out and remind him what it felt like to be left out for feeling different, but he left me no choice. Luckily our little talk worked and the older boys started making Ezra a part of their activities. I was able to relax and we all started having fun. Walking next to Starfighters and through portions of Star Destroyers was always fascinating.

We had made reservations at a noisy sports bar for at least the first half of the Starkillers game. We had a nice cozy booth with a private holo. Even after the game started and McMee put up an early goal the boys were still buzzing about getting pilot’s licenses and what types of ships they were going to cruise around the Galaxy in.

“You know,” Ryan said shortly after we ordered our food. “Rich wanted to change the Starkillers name to the Aviators during the off-season. That’s how much he likes ships. Luckily I talked him out of that idea.”

“It wasn’t a bad idea,” I said defensively. I looked up in surprise as Fortune put a ball through the uprights and gave the Starkillers a 4-0 lead.

The nachos we ordered as an appetizer were delivered and we all dove in. Cliff Tuff made a nice dive for a bolo ball keeping the Junkers from getting on the board.

“Why change the Starkillers name?” T.J. asked curiously.

“Many beings refer to our team as the Killers,” I explained. “It sends a bad message. I was hoping to rebrand, your uncle talked me out of it.”

“I think my dad would like that,” T.J. said as he licked some cheese off his upper lip. Yolanda Dunerider got us another goal. As the game headed for commercial she sprinted off field and downed two cups of Skimmer Ade.

“Why’s that?” I asked T.J. gently.

“My dad is very upset about Coach killing Uncle Bat. Coach was my dad’s friend. And they aren’t friends anymore. It’s sad,” T.J. stated.

Yolanda put up another bar point. I looked at the 8-0 score in disbelief as T.J.’s words echoed in my mind. Maybe I should have been more vocal about my idea to rename the team. The Junkers started to look like themselves and scored. Tuff looked to Ty on the sideline. Ty put Skimmer Ade cups on his hands made fists and the cups tore apart.

I had no idea what that was all about, I just hoped it wasn’t the beginning of an end for Starkillers. Burgers, fries and milkshakes were delivered to our table. I put my bread aside and cut up my meat patty. “You’re going to be hungry later,” Ryan said.

“The scale and I are going to be talking later,” I said as I used my fork to pick up a bite of my burger.

“You’re a freak,” Ryan said talking a big bite of his burger. I wasn’t just happy to be eating a lighter meal. I was happy to see that the Starkillers were building on their lead. By the time we paid the bill and headed back towards Lucie’s house the Starkillers had a solid lead. I got back to my own sofa in time to down a low carb ale and watch the victory.

For my brother’s on Tatooine things were not going so well. Tomas was beside himself. Ralltiir U had a higher ranking than UTA. I wasn’t sure how he’d take the news that I was adopting a daughter. Tomas was away at school for the first time. It was close to exams and then everyone would be headed home for break and the holidays. Tomas deserved a family to come home to just as much as anyone else. I hoped adopting Shannon wasn’t going to throw him even more off course.

“I have some news,” I said to Tomas after he was done venting his frustrations over UTA’s latest loss.

“You have a spot on the team for me early,” he said hopefully.

“Ryan and I are adopting a baby,” I said quickly. “A Mon Calamari girl named Shannon. She’s coming home Friday.”

“No shavit,” Tomas said staring back at me. After a moment he broke a smile, “That’s great. Congratulations,” he said.

“Your room is still here. I want you to come home for break,” I said.

“Dorms close,” he reminded me. “And I’m not staying with Spencer. Those little girls will drive you nuts!”

“I hope things turn around for your team,” I told him. “If they don’t or even if they do we can reevaluate where you play ball next season.”

“I like it here. I’m staying.”

Spencer was adamant that the Sandskimmers would bounce back against the Bandits next week. “The Bandits haven’t lost a game all season,” I said in disbelief.

“They can be stopped,” Spencer said coolly.

I admired his confidence. I thanked him for sending up Warner. Warner was proving to be very valuable to the Starkillers. He allowed for Fortune to rest during crucial times in the game and come back out later firing when he was needed. After going over Skimmer Ade sales and making sure orders were sufficient for our remaining home games I told Spencer about Shannon.

“You are going to love having a daughter,” Spencer told me. “Little girls are incredibly sweet.”

I stopped by Starkiller practices, kept busy tallying jersey and ball cap sales. I came home at night and sat in the newly pink painted nursery wondering what it would be like to have a baby girl. I didn’t want anyone to know, but I was scared. More scared than I was about the Starkillers facing a very real threat in the Senators this Sunday. I was confident Coach Dash had prepared our team. I knew that I had hired the best athletes in the Galaxy and that they would make our planet proud. The win against the Junkers had already secured sellout crowds for our two remaining home games.

Ryan’s mother arrived Thursday night. I was thankful to have her. I was devastated my own mother had deserted me. I vowed to be here for my kids. I’d keep up with my diet and exercise, live long and stay on the right side of the law.

Friday morning my hands shook as I flew our speeder to go pick up my new daughter. We stayed at the agency taking turns holding Shannon in her now familiar surroundings so she could get comfortable with us. I dressed her in a simple powder blue dress and put an orange bow around her bald head. Ryan fed her a bottle, I changed her diaper, she even spit up on me before we took her out to our speeder and buckled her into her safety seat.

We swung by Jimsey’s school and picked him up. He was so excited, he talked to her the whole way home. Even during the few hours she did sleep that night I was too anxious to sleep. Ryan and I sat in bed looking at each other. We had conversations about how we wanted to raise her. Saturday was exhausting and Saturday night we both nudged each other when we heard her cries. “Your turn,” I would try.

Sunday the caf machine was working overtime. Jimsey ran rampant in the house with his McMee jersey on. It was my only reminder to watch the chrono so we’d remember to turn the game on. “I’ll take the baby upstairs,” Ryan’s mother said as he came out of the kitchen with a newly baked platter of nachos.

“Mom,” Ryan said. “She’s a Vigo, she watches Limmie.” As Ryan took a seat next to me I kissed his cheek and put my arm around him. I kicked off my shoes and comfortably placed my feet on the caf table. I was ready to see how my team would stack up against the best team in the league.

Tag: Jedi Gunny

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Dewey Finn

“Big game this week,” Eddie Munster said. “Big game.”

“We may not have a big rivalry, or a fancy trophy, but we want to beat the Starkillers. We want to beat everyone in our conference. That’s just how it is. Every game has to be a rivalry game,” Klay Mettews commented.

“It’s never easy to play there. Large stadium, good fan support, and a team that is always dangerous, even if they seemingly struggle,” Gark S’rily said. “We cannot take them for granted.”

“So, I hear that you really enjoy Ralltiir. Tell us about that,” Dewey asked Christine Gamble.

“Oh yeah, great place. They put on one hell of a celebration a few years ago for the Galactic Cup. I really enjoyed myself there. Really got the ball rolling on festivities. Ramped up the intensity by way too many times to measure. Set a high bar, that’s for sure.”

“What do you need to do in order to win this week?”

“Play hard-nosed ball. It’s what I always try to do, but the Starkillers are tricky. They don’t have Suryesh or Vigo, but Fortune’s looked good this year. So we have to be ready for their unheralded forwards, because they’ve stepped up given how much they lost after last year.”

“Speaking of Bat Vigo, how different will it be to play the Starkillers and not have to face him?”

“I don’t really know. On one hand I’m really glad, because we don’t have to cover him. Guy was a monster out there. But it’s never a good thing to lose a teammate, checkered past or not. I’ve never had to experience something like that, but it can’t be easy to swallow.”

“How is the offense looking after last week?”

“Not where we want to be,” S’rily said. “Hapes really blew us up last week, so we have to find a way to rebound. We’ve been up and down all year, it’s weird. We have the talent to win, but we have to make sure it’s one of our good games for that to happen.”

“You’ve had an up-and-down year. How are you going to approach this game?”

“Like I always do; bring the intensity, and make my opponents shake in their cleats,” Jayla Leed replied.

It may not have been a rivalry game, but everyone in the organization knew that it would be a big game. The Senators didn’t want to blow their strong first half of the season; the rest of the conference was catching up, so a win was necessary to keep the momentum going.

TAG: Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

To those who celebrated it, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! As I'm sure I've said before, I'm thankful that I get to know all of you and read your great stories. :)

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, and Ralltiir.

285 Week 8 Scores
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Coruscant Senators (9-9, OT 14-15)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Jakku Junkers (40-2)
    Carratos Pirates at Denon Demons (28-17)
    Dac Mariners at Kuati Valor (23-22)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Bakura Miners (9-14)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (25-11)

The Mando'ade score does indeed include an extra roll to see if they surpassed 40 points, which they did not. However, since when were Mandalorians greedy about such things?

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Bardan_Jusik, jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Tatooine (28), Thyferra (28), Concorida (28), Atzerri (28)

LFL Week Seven Results
    Concordia Crusaders @ Druckenwell Marksmen (11-21)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (19-9)
    Thyferra Force @ Byblos Red Wings (20-17)

Tags: Bardan_Jusik Vehn galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny CPL_Macja

jcgoble3 likes this.
  23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I was proud of the Starkillers they were keeping pace with the Senators in their house. Just as the half was about to end a ball sailed through the uprights giving the Senators a one point lead. “Yes!” Jimsey yelled out pumping his fist.

I turned and gave him a look of confusion. “Did you just cheer for a Coruscant point?” I asked.

“I’ve given this a lot of thought,” he replied in all seriousness. “I was born on Coruscant and I was raised on Coruscant. I should be a Senators fan.”

I let out a laugh. “Your father owns the Starkillers. The clothes on your back, the food you put in your mouth and the roof over your head are paid for by funds brought in by the Starkillers. I think you should be routing for the Starkillers. Don’t you?” I challenged.

“No,” he said matter of factly. “I liked living on Coruscant better. People are nicer there,” he continued. “And next week,” he added. “I’m routing for Dac.”

“You are?” I asked.

“My sister is from there and she deserves my support.”

I looked over to Shannon who was sleeping soundly in Ryan’s arms. Ryan shrugged. “I’m hoping the Starkillers win,” he whispered. “I don’t think Shannon will be offended. I think she’s grateful we took her in. Aren’t you sweetheart?” He asked kissing her softly on the cheek.

Shannon’s sweet little face melted my heart. I didn’t even respond. I just sat back in my chair and opened an ale. I wasn’t about to let an 8 year old boy disrupt my afternoon. I don’t know if he was trying to provoke me, but Jimsey cheered for every Senator point in the second half and even booed when the Starkillers made the tying point to send the game into overtime.

When the Senators prevailed and he danced around the living room I almost lost my cool. Almost. “So why did you want me to bring you home a McMee jersey?” I asked casually as I powered up a droid to clean our empty nacho plates and vacuum the crumbs we left behind.

“Well up until today she played pretty good, but today she did nothin’,” Jimsey said with a shrug.

“On my holo she scored two points,” I pointed out.

“She didn’t score any goals. Only goals matter.”

“You have a lot to learn about Limmie,” I told my son as I turned to leave the room. I wanted to go to bed feeling good about my team. A team that had taken the best in the league to overtime. If just one little thing had gone differently we would have won. If we met again in the play-offs, a very real possibility. We could win. At the end of the day that was what mattered. Whatever Jimsey was up to, I could figure that out in the morning.

After my run the following morning I couldn’t find Jimsey anywhere. He wasn’t upstairs getting ready for school, he wasn’t in the kitchen eating breakfast. I was running out of places to look. I called his name as I headed down a hallway towards my office. To my surprise a young Ithorian ran out of my office. “Jimsey, stop!” I hollered. “You are going to be late for school.”

But he didn’t stop. I looked into my office curiously to see if I could tell what he had been up to in there. My desktop unit was shutting down, not cool. He knew not be in my office. He knew not to touch my desktop holo. Was he innocently looking up something about his heritage? If so why?

I heard the wobbly cry of a baby Mon Calamari. Ryan stood in the doorway. “I’ll go find him,” Ryan said holding out the baby so I could take Shannon.

I didn’t really think about it. I just took Shannon. I gently rocked the girl until she calmed down. “You want a bottle?” I asked. Of course she didn’t reply. “Let daddy get you some breakfast,” I said heading back towards the kitchen.

Ryan’s mother was already heating some milk. I tested the temperature on my wrist and rubbed her little lips until she accepted the nipple. Watching her eat calmed my nerves. Babies were amazing, they brought you back from anger quicker than anything I could name. I impatiently watched the chrono. Finally Ryan led Jimsey into the kitchen. “He wants to sell his Starkiller jerseys. They are listed on an auction site. That’s what he was doing in your office.”

If I hadn’t been holding my daughter I would have slammed my fist on the table. “You can’t sell your Stakiller jerseys,” I said evenly looking directly at Jimsey. “They aren’t yours to sell.”

“That’s not fair,” Jimsey yelled back.

“Don’t raise your voice,” I warned calmly as possible.

“You get to earn credits and I don’t. I need credits,” Jimsey argued.

“You have everything you could possibly need or want,” I argued.

“I want to buy my sister a W’hat Jersey,” he said putting his hands on his hips.

“What?” I asked.

“That’s what I said!”

I lost my grip on the bottle and it slipped out of Shannon’s mouth causing her to cry. Ryan’s mother put out her arms and I reluctantly gave her my daughter. “You think your sister want’s a Mariner’s jersey?” I asked.

“I know she does. She deserves to know who she is and not have things forced on her.”

“Do you feel like I’m forcing the Starkillers on you?”

“You forced me to move to this awful place!”

“I thought you were making friends. T.J. is your friend right?”

“Only because he has to be, he’s my cousin.” Jimsey said sadly.

“You seemed to be having fun at the museum. Did T.J. say something to you?” I asked.

“Everyone talks about me. They call me hammerhead, they call me gingersnap, and they ask how it feels not to have a mother. I want to go back home.”

He’s raising his voice, but I don’t want to scold him. “I miss Coruscant too,” I admit.

“Really?”

“Yea, I had my own practice. I fought for people there and I don’t get to check up on them to see how they are doing as much as I’d like. I also liked the city. Our apartment in the sky, the speeders that flew all night, catching games at Republican and Ithorian take out.”

“I miss Ithorian take out!”

“How about you go to school today, keep your grades up and during the holiday break you and I take a day trip back home?”

“Just a day?”

“Maybe more,” I said. “I have to plan and I have to see if your Dad is willing to stay here with Shannon.”

“Why can’t Shannon come?”

“It’s hard to travel with a baby,” I explained. “You and I will get to see and do more stuff if we go alone. Maybe we can arrange to meet some of your friends for lunch.”

“Will you buy me a Senators cap?”

I took a deep breath, “Maybe.” I conceded.

Jimsey cheered and grabbed his book bag. I grabbed my keys to the speeder. “Rich,” Ryan said grabbing my shirt and pulling me back to face him. “You aren’t going to buy him a Senators anything. Don’t even let him think that.”

“Why not?” I asked.

“You want to be a Trieste or something, a box full of beings cheering for different teams? Let’s keep this family united. We are his parents and we are from Ralltiir. We decided we wanted to raise these kids on Ralltiir. We agreed to move here Rich. And you have a bigger problem,” he reminded me. “His jerseys are up for auction on your account.”

“I’ll call you,” I told Ryan as I made pace for the door. Ryan was right I couldn’t let Jimsey get away with being in my office and tampering with my accounts. I didn’t talk to Jimsey on the way to school. I had so much to say, but I didn’t want to argue. When we got to school, I told him not to take anything from anybody. If kids called him names I told him to go ahead and punch them.

I couldn’t believe I said the words, but he needed to know I was behind him. I was on his side, even if I had moved him to a planet where they just weren’t used to a non-human presence. When I got to work I took the jersey’s down from the auction site. I changed my passwords and made a note that I needed to find out how he hacked into my holo. We both needed to trust and respect each other. Trust and respect were the foundation of a family.

Trust and respect were important ingredients on a Limmie team too. I looked out onto the field from the window in my office and saw Kara Sureysh on the sideline as she had been at every practice this season. Only some tape was left as evidence of her knee surgery. She walked without crutches now and even though it must be hard not to play she was the loudest cheerleader our bench had ever had.

Cliff and Ken were taking turns in the goal during offensive scoring drills. Ty was doing push-ups with the defense, then burpees and then he led the way as they tackled an entire army of low powered droids. It was incredible to see them pop back up effortlessly after being mowed down by the toughest athletes in the Galaxy. The droids, another invention of Spencer’s. Ty picked up a remote and turned up their speed, this time a few of our defenders missed their marks altogether.

I watched practice intently for over an hour. Ryan called. I told him that I agreed we needed to be united as a family. Jimsey didn’t get in a fight that day, but he did the next day. He ended up losing which didn’t do much for his desire to stay on Raltiir. In fact he wanted to move back to Coruscant more than ever. So I brought home one of Spencer’s droids and set it up in the gym. I showed Jimsey how to tackle. “When did you learn to play Limmie?” He asked.

“I’m a Vigo,” I explained. “It’s in my blood. And it’s in yours too.”

Jimsey showed me his hand. “I’m not really a Vigo,” he said.

“No,” I corrected him. “You are my son; that makes you a Vigo. Here let’s try dribbling first.” Once he got the hang of dribbling the ball we did few tackling drills. For a few minutes I actually think he got passed being Ithorian. He wasn’t the clumsy misfit, he was my son and he actually showed me he had athletic skill.

On Sunday he surprised me when he said he didn’t want to go to the game at all. “Why not?” I asked.

“It’s cold out there,” he said eyeing the pile of tailgating equipment piled by the door. “What if I still want Dac to win?” He asked.

“You’re going to the game,” I said sternly. “You’re going cause I’m your father and I say you’re going. You don’t have to wear a Starkiller’s hat or jersey but you are coming.”

Jimsey didn’t argue, and he wore denim pants with a plain hoody. I wore regular clothes too. Once we set up I got ball and started to dribble. “Come play catch,” I encouraged Jimsey. “It’ll keep you warm.” And there we were father and son in the freezing cold parking lot just a couple of regular folk having catch.

[​IMG]

Tag: Jedi Gunny

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Kilmainham Brook, Prytis, Bakura

Every year, the entire Noble House of Trieste gathered at the family home in Prytis, rebuilt almost 70 years ago by Fionn Dunross Trieste, for a family reunion. It was a time for even the most far-flung members of the Noble House to return to the family’s roots. It didn’t matter whether you were on Hapes, Roon, Druckenwell, a BakurStar cruiser, or a freighter. You always found a way to come back to Kilmainham Brook for the reunion.

Or rather, a central tradition of the reunion: the family game.

It was a game of limmie, specifically. It had started with the previous generation, the Wonder Generation. With all seven of them parenting children it wasn’t long before there were enough Triestes running around to make up a game of limmie sevens on the fields around the house. Thanks to marriages, they actually had more than 15 aside, full limmie teams. The newest generation was getting into the act for the first time too. At seven, the twins Shenandoah and Niall Fionn Trieste were just old enough to play (though the adults had always let the young kids get the better of them). No such quarter would be shown to Falene’s adopted children. Teenagers were fair game for being put in their place by their elders.

One of the traditions of the game was that everyone wore shirts proclaiming their allegiance to their alma mater. For those who hadn’t attended university, high schools or military regiments were substituted. With a rainbow of colors, headbands were used to tell teams apart. After all, it wasn’t until right before the game that teams were formed anyways.

The creation of teams was a complicated algorithm. Professional players like Falene, Horst, and Vesper (whose offworld presence had started the biennial tradition of having the game the week before the Rydonni Prime visit to Bakura Gardens) were balanced between teams as best as possible. Players who had only reached the college level like Kerry, Fiona, and Enoch were similarly split. Spouses could request to be on the opposite team from each other—and Trixie always did.

In fact, she insisted on playing offense so she could meet Horst on the field. Horst loved the family game—especially because there were kids in it this year. He was the worst defender in the galaxy when an eight year old drove on him with the bolo-ball. His cries of “You can’t do that!” and “No fair!” to completely legitimate plays were glorious.

There was also another spouse rule—two hand tackles were suspended between spouses. This was Trixie favorite rule. Every time her husband had the bolo-ball, Trixie went for the tackle. When he didn’t have the bolo-ball, she went for the tackle. In an ordinary game of limmie, Trixie would have been ejected for malicious play.

Of course, she was trying to bring down an Elite League Limmie defender. She hadn’t budged him once in all the years he’d been in the family game. (Of course, magically, somehow today Niall was able to knock him over by blinking in Horst’s direction.)

At the moment, Horst was holding the bolo-ball over his head with one hand while he was stiff-arming his wife with his other hand. Trixies legs were churning, but going nowhere as she tried to cross the distance to bring her husband down.

“Honey, you are so cute when you try to tackle people!” Horst said.

“Not now Horst!” Trixie growled through clenched teeth.

“I know you’re going to do it one day, babe,” Horst said, “but I’m thinking that’ll be when I’m like…176 and I retire from the Elite League with my 50th Galactic Cup. But wait…if I only have 50 Galactic Cups…” Horst counted mentally, putting the bolo-ball down on the ground so he could use his non-Trixie occupied hand. He was so absorbed he didn’t notice as little Niall stole it and headed for the goal he was supposed to be defending. “That would mean I would have played in…like…90 seasons without winning one! So by then I should have like 130 Galactic Cups.” Horst furrowed his brow. “Maybe I counted wrong.” He let go of Trixie so he could use both hands to count, which had the effect of allowing his wife to run straight into him. He barely budged as she wrapped her arms around him and tried to pull him to the ground, all to no avail. “Let’s see…carry the 4…divide by 8…multiply by pi…take into account sigma…”

That was the family game, in a nutshell.

Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

The Miners picked up right where they had left off against Denon. The defense was stout again and the offense was doing just enough to keep the game in hand. It was no dazzling power offense, just enough to win. In fact, Trixie was starting to enjoy it. After all, Horst was happier when the Miners won and everyone agreed that they were winning because of their defense these days. As long as no one thought that someone like…ugh…Niskat Deenever was responsible for the Miners’ success, perhaps she could tolerate the Miners winning.

It did have the unavoidable and unpleasant side effect of making her mother happy, which was something that had to be endured.

“Well well, four conference wins this year,” Regan said smugly. “What’s that over the last five years? How many conference wins?”

Her relatives swiped through their handheld datapads, trying to be the first one to come up with the answer. “I got it!” Ginnifer exclaimed. “4-1 in 281…5-0 in 282…3-2 in 283…and…4-1 last year. So that makes…”

“20 conference wins in five seasons,” Antrose interjected, beating his cousin at the math.

“A very fine accomplishment under your guidance, dear,” Atticus told his wife.

Trixie rolled her eyes. “Oh yeah, sure. That was all you, Mom.”

“A steady hand on the controls is key to a successful organization,” Regan said, “as is knowing when to, oh, I don’t know, pay for a top flight full back in free agency. Wouldn’t you agree?”

Trixie bit her lip. Her mother had her there—or maybe she didn’t.

“Joke’s on you. You overpaid for that guy,” Trixie replied.

The entire box laughed at that one. Regan gave her daughter an appreciative smile, an acknowledgment of her fast wits. Trixie buried the spark of pleasure that kicked up inside her at this token of approval. She buried it, but she didn’t discard it. It was not the sign a mother proud of her daughter, but one attorney acknowledging the skill of another.

That made all the difference.

TAG: CPL_Macja

Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool Victoooooory...

"Bloooooowout!"

"...afternoon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the 284 Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a show for you. Don't think I even need to ask this, but how ya feelin' Justin?"

"Feeling great, really great. That game..."

"Yeah the Mercs really took it to them."

"40-2? might be the best game I ever saw. The Mercs were doing it on offense, on defense, at midfield. Play between the pipes was excellent...just an all around fantastic, fantastic game."

"Player of the game for you?"

"Oh wow, I had a feeling you were going to ask me that but i really can't narrow it down to just one. Even though Fu Arock..."

"You've been Arocked!"

"...scored the most points by a Mercs player..."

"17."

"I thought he was going for 87 on the day the way he was playing."

"...the entire offense contributed, from Jaing on down through to the backups...."

"We were up nine points by the time the Junkers scored their first point."

"...On defense, Mauntak showed he can still be a dominant player in this league, but all the backs played great..."

"The turnover caused by that Kol hit...brutal, just brutal."

"Didn't give up that second point until garbage time and the backup backs were in the game."

"...At midfield, it seemed no one could stop Mor'kesh and Irvin was breaking down players left and right..."

"Even Kryze got in the act, depspite his team mates reluctance to go to him in garbage time."

"Yeah it's pretty clear they don't like him much out there."

"And Stargazer was great out there, recording her third shutdown of the season!"

"Heck of a way to start a career."

"Too bad she isn't up for rookie of the year."

"I think her sitting and playing sparingly last season has help set her up this year though, so even though she missed out on an award, I think it's made her a better player going forward."

"Not going to argue that, she had a great game and is having a great season."

"Good time for that game too, with the Mariners and Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...nipping at the Mercs heals in the standings."

"Mercs have the tie break against the Mariners, of course we have the Pirates game coming up in a couple of weeks."

"And before we can even get to them we've got the first place Senators coming to town for the Mercs last home game of the season."

"Mercs final three games are really tough, hoping they can hold out and win two out of these last three."

"That's going to be tough, but that should get them a playoff spot."

"Think that's what Kor'le was thinking about when she pulled half the squad in the second half?"

"Probably, though in a blow out of that magnitude most coaches are going to pull most of their starters to get the backups some game reps as well as to avoid potential injury. but yeah, I'm sure she was thinking about the rest of the schedule and making sure her stars go into those games fresh."

"Can't rest on the Bucs or that team from Nal Hutta's moon either."

"shab even the Valor still have a shot at the post season at this point."

"Three games left in the season, can't expect anything to be sewn up yet, though at least we have a somewhat clear picture of what has to happen down the stretch for the Mercs to get to the post season."

"Yeah not like in the Solo where four teams have identical 4-4 records..."

"Three of those even have identical conference records at 1-3."

"Do they really?"

"Yup, Monarchs, Junkers and Demons."

"That's crazy."

"Well hopefully we can help make things a little more crazy for them next week by beating the Sens when they come to town."

"Now that would be something."

TAG: no one, shabla NPC teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.