main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~Grand Royale Spaceport, Iziz, Onderon~

"We will be landing in three minutes, Mr. Kiraon."

Antaro nodded at the announcement from his pilot in the cockpit as he reclined in his chair, reading an old style painted paper. A recent throwback novelty sweeping through Kuat these days evidently.

He admitted it had its own charm to it and was amusing to see the distressed commentary regarding the Kuat Tri-Force's resounding 18-6 loss to the Onderon Beast Riders.

Finishing what he was reading and then folding up the paper, he glanced up as he set it aside.

"You still seem in high spirits after the win, Mr. Kiraon," his blue-skinned twi'lek secretary mused. One of three.

Plucking a glass of ice water from a nearby tray and taking a sip, with a small 'ah!' as he set it back down, the businessman gave a small grin.

"I have no reason not to be. A good win in Kuat to help even things up again, hopefully a sign of a down-the-stretch trend; and while the meeting with the ELL Commissioner was pushed back…it's opened up my schedule just enough to fit in the game against Cloud City."

Iuva pressed a few buttons to overlook the schedule a fifth time since they had entered the sector, prompting a laugh from her employer.

"I've already gone over it myself, Iuva. You won't catch me wrong on it this time."

With a light-hearted shrug, the twi'lek relented. At the same time, his own phrase briefly brought him back to the first attempted shot at the goal in the game against the Tri-Force. They had been attempting to get by Onderon's starting goalkeeper, Uwezla Swisku.

Yet the Rodian had held strong and made a terrific stop, catching the ball in an amazing display of athleticism. It quite likely had been what swung the momentum the rest of the game as within minutes after it, the Beast Riders had struck first.

That was what was needed on a more consistent basis moving forward. "Mr. Galactic" hoped to see it.

Tag: None

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, and Ralltiir.

Elite League Limmie
    286 Week 7 Results

Mando’ade Mercs at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (24-7)
    Bakura Miners at Coruscant Senators (16-36)
    Jakku Junkers at Carratos Pirates (0-21)
    Denon Demons at Ralltiir Starkillers (20-14)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Stewjon Metropolitans (10-3)
    Dac Mariners at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (21-14)

Premier League
    286 Week 7 Results
    Cloud City Sky Captains at Onderon Beast Riders (12-6)

Inner Rim Division Standings
    1. Zeltros Athletic (5-2, conf. 3-0)
    2. Bilbringi Durasteelers (5-2, conf. 2-1)
    3. Onderon Beast Riders (3-4, conf. 1-2)
    4. Yag D’hul United (3-4, conf. 0-3)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Concordia (30), Atzerri (28), Tatooine (28), Thyferra (30) and Druckenwell (28)

LFL Week 5 Results
    Week 6
    Atzerri Bandits @ Druckenwell Marksmen (18-18) (OT18-18) (Shoot Out Druckenwell wins 18-19)
    Thyferra Force @ Concordia Crusaders (17-5)
    Iego Angles @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (24-21)

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik

Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  4. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: Hey look! I finally got off my lazy butt sat my lazy butt down and wrote a post for the first time in four months! :p

IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Week 7 match vs. Dac Mariners

Tendra trudged off the field after yet another ugly defeat. This one had not been nearly as close as the scoreboard suggested, and the scoreboard didn’t suggest it was very close. The C-Bucs had been reduced to 1-6 on the season, putting them in last place in the Skywalker Conference. As she walked down the tunnel, she thought back for the umpteenth time to her conversations with her brother and mother last year.

Time: Shortly after the conclusion of the 285 season

When in doubt, one could always talk to Mom.

Tendra finished unloading her conscience regarding the C-Bucs gender issues and took a deep breath while her mother processed everything. She didn’t know what Mom was going to say, but the mere process of speaking her mind for the first time in months made her feel like a huge burden had been lifted off of her shoulders.

So you say Leota threatened you?” Jaria asked.

No,” Tendra replied. “The government threatened Leota, and she felt that they—the government—might do the same to me if I kept complaining in public.

Did she feel as if your actions could bring harm to her?”

She didn’t mention that.”

What do you think about the threat? Do you truly think you’re in danger if you speak out?”

That’s the problem here. I don’t think they’d really do anything to me. It would be too public, too obvious to any limmie fan. Plus a star player is harder to replace than a head coach and general manager. I can’t see them doing anything to me.”

Jaria considered this for a moment. “I don’t know what to think. I was never exposed to this side of Hapan politics in my time in the Consortium. I wonder if it might benefit you to contact the Jedi Temple and arrange a meeting with Jado? I don’t know what kind of education the Jedi provide regarding politics across the galaxy, but he might have some information that can help you.”

Mom, I’ve already talked to him, and that’s why I came to you.”

You have?”

Yes, we have a direct comlink line to each other. We talk way more frequently than you think. Anyway, the point is that he thinks that they absolutely can and will silence me by any means possible if I speak out too much. And that’s where I’m conflicted. Do I trust my own gut, which says that they won’t touch me, or do I trust him, who says that they will? I was hoping you would have some insight here.”

Jaria leaned back and pondered. For a few minutes, there was silence in the room as mother and daughter both considered the situation. Finally, Jaria spoke.

I honestly and truly don’t know what to say as to the legitimacy of the threat. But I will say this: I raised you. I watched you grow from a young girl into the strong woman you are today. And for as long as I have known you, you have always been one to speak your mind about anything and everything. To see you now, letting a threat from someone else control what you say? That doesn’t sound like the woman I raised. Who are you? Are you someone who will speak their mind, no matter what, as I have known you? Or are you someone who will let others control what you say with threats you don’t believe? I think that is the more important question to answer, and in that answer, you will find what to do.”

Tendra immediately understood the implication in her mother’s words: that she needed to be strong against the threats rather than showing weakness by giving in and staying silent.

For the first time, she had an inkling of what to do next.

As Tendra undressed in what was now an all-female locker room, she decided that she could wait no longer. She had bided her time, waiting for the right moment, and she felt that this was it. She changed into her post-game clothing and knocked on Leota’s open office door.

“Come in,” Leota called from inside.

Tendra walked in and shut the door behind her, causing Leota to look up. Leota maintained a policy that her door was never closed after a game unless it was a confidential private matter. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t wait any longer. My conscience has been eating away at me all season.”

“You mean the—”

“Yes. Suspend me. Cut me. Whatever you have to do. Whatever those goons make you do. I don’t care anymore. Let them try to kill me if they want. I have to do it. I just wanted you to know in advance.”

Before Leota could respond, Tendra spun on her heel and walked out.

Time: Post-game press conference, five minutes later

Tendra sat down at the microphone, checking her pockets to make sure she had everything important with her. Here goes nothing, she thought. She would wait for the right question to launch into her rant.

“Tendra, tough loss out there today to add to the Bucs’ woes this season. What went wrong today and do you think you can turn your season around next week?”

Leave it to the press to make the right question the first question. Tendra took a deep breath and leaned forward a bit. “You know what? That’s a very good question, and for the first time in a season and a half, you’re going to get an honest answer from me. The fact of the matter is that we suck this season because we cut all the highly skilled men on the team and replaced them all with women with clearly inferior skills. The C-Bucs have returned to an all-female team, and it shows in our one-and-six record. That’s what you get for outright gender discrimination. It’s ridiculous, and I’m ashamed to be a part of this team this season.”

Every reporter wanted to ask a question at once now, and Tendra picked someone in the front row that she knew she had a good rapport with. “Tendra, why have you stayed silent on this for so long? You were vocal about this before the 285 season, and then suddenly you went silent on the gender matter. Why the silence, and why have you picked now to break that silence?”

Tendra took a deep breath. “Because I was threatened into silence. Do you understand how the Hapan government works? I was threatened, through a messenger who was herself threatened, that if I did not shut up I would be removed from the team. And by ‘removed’, what I actually mean is killed. But my conscience won’t let me stay silent any longer. I have to make my views known, that I will not continue to appear as if I am tolerating this poodoo anymore. Let them try to kill me. I dare them. I have skills beyond the limmie field, and I will defend myself. And on that note, I’m out of here before they come for me.”

Ignoring the shouts from the press, Tendra sprinted out of the room and made for the players’ parking lot as quickly as she could.

TAG: Nobody

Runjedirun, Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Hapes Consortium Buccaneers release statement announcing that starting full forward Tendra Nalo has disappeared and that her whereabouts are unknown
    • Statement further clarifies that Nalo appears to have simply run away on her own following rant at post-game press conference over C-Bucs' gender policy
    • A separate statement from the C-Bucs says that Tendra Nalo has been suspended in absentia by the team for one game for "unnecessary overt criticism of the team"
    • Full back Rath Tyrnith will serves as C-Bucs team captain during suspension and then until Nalo reappears; at that point, statement says that the position of team captain "will be reviewed to ensure that the title goes to an appropriate player"
    • Miners Chairwoman Regan Eldred asked for comment outside Bakuran Supreme Court building: "Miss Nalo's allegations are troubling"
    • ELL spokesbeing declines comment
    TAG: jcgoble3

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Richard Vigo

The game had just begun. I sat back in my chair and proudly watched Jimsey offer his cousins drinks and snacks. The Demons scored on us, but my mood wasn’t soured. It was early. The Demons got another point. I saw a commotion in one of the lower decks. I assumed the crowd was heckling the players or coaching staff. A couple of drinks and usually normal beings got out of hand quick. I didn’t think much of it. I knew my security was well trained and rehearsed.

Suddenly both of my data pads began to light up at once. I grabbed the closest device. “Vigo,” I answered as I made my way out of the box and down the hall towards the nearest lift. I listened to my head of security speak.

“Sir, there’s man sir. There’s no easy way to say this sir, he looks just like your father.”

“My Uncle,” I offered.

“That’s likely, Martin had a brother? Anyway he’s down in the lower bowl near the Demons goal post chanting something about People Die when they play Limmie.”

“Oh my goodness,” I said aloud. “Remove him from the stands.” I ordered.

“Yes sir.”

I cut the connection on my data pad and stepped off the lift on the ground level. I jogged to the locker room and out the tunnel onto the sideline area. Heads were turning. At first I thought they were looking at me. It wasn’t normal for me to be down here. Then I realized everyone was looking up into the crowd by the goalpost. I saw my Uncle physically push a security guard hard and the words I could read his lips mouthing were profane. I rushed up to hopefully calm him myself but it was too late. It took about six guards to drag him out and down to the tunnel.

It wasn’t the first time I’d seen a member of my family hand cuffed. “Uncle Jim.” I greeted once he was cuffed. “Glad you decided to come out to a game. I see you met my security staff. We don’t take kindly to seeing our staff pushed around. I’m pressing charges. For being disruptive in public, for assault and for the damage you caused to my speeder.” I stated firmly.

“You know what the long term consequences of playing Limmie are,” my uncle accused as the officers took him away.

If my Uncle’s antics were too much of a distraction or if the Starkillers just got outplayed I’d never know. An important Conference lost was the result. It was also just the beginning of a very long week of face saving PR.

“Rich the holo is bad,” Ryan warned me. “And the media is making you out to be the bad guy here. You need to go on record and say something.”

“Say what?” I asked.

“I don’t know you’re a lawyer. You always know the right thing to say.”

Ryan was right. I could think of something. The following morning I called into a holo station to explain the situation. “Mr. Vigo thanks for joining us this morning,” the host began. “Please explain the relationship you have with your father’s brother.”

“Growing up I met my Uncle only a few times,” I began. “He made an appearance at Dad’s funeral, but I didn’t speak to him at the time. Anyway a few weeks ago he showed up at my home. He demanded I sell the Starkillers and that my brother Tomas quit the team at UTA.”

“Why would your Uncle make these demands?” The host asked.

“As everyone can tell playing Limmie comes with risks,” I explained. “Ask any retired player what those first steps feel like in the morning. There’s probably not much cartilage left in their knees and more recently I’ve had at least one retired player come forward saying that head injuries are a concern.”

“So what does this have to do with your Uncle’s arrest and the show of force to have him removed from Financial Square Arena yesterday?”

“Well first of all I had no choice in the matter of having my Uncle arrested. He was causing a disturbance. Our fans have a right to come to a game and feel safe while spectating. My Uncle was asked nicely to remove himself. Instead he chose to continue acting out. At that time security took action to help him exit. My head security officer was assaulted.”

“Fans in the area say your Uncle was chanting that Limmie kills people. Recently your organization rewrote contracts mid-season. Even released a starting player for not signing the newly drafted contracts. Is this act a result of those contracts?”

“Those contracts were to protect players. Our coaching staff is on a mission to win games with fewer injuries. As an owner I have a responsibility to these players. Their life after the game should be full of just as much quality as a non Limmie player. Not all of our players chose to follow the instructions of our coaches. Some players will do anything, even risk their future health to win. I put a clause in the contracts stating that I would not be liable for any injuries incurred when a player was injured as a result of going against their coaches orders.”

“You think your Uncle took a disliking to these contracts?”

“For the record I don’t know what’s eating my Uncle. I want the citizens of Ralltiir to know we care about the fans who come out to games. We also care about our staff members. Our Limmie players, coaching staff right down to our security staff and nacho servers. Everyone in our stadium is to be treated with respect. On Sunday my Uncle did not treat my staff with respect. What happens next will be up to the courts.”

“Thank you for joining us this morning, Mr. Vigo.”

“My Pleasure.”

I shut the line and put my head down on my desk. Being an owner was exhausting.

Tag: None

Trieste, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  7. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~The Wilds, Onderon~

"Come on, now! Keep up!"

Pant. Pant. "W….Well…"

A pink arm came up and swiped across the forehead. "Well, just…just slow down then, Mr. Kiraon…"

A good-natured laugh rolled forth from the man who was owner of the Onderon Beast Riders. He was standing atop a small hill after just clearing through a particularly thick, dangerous, and especially humid part of the jungles not far from the capital city. With walking stick in hand and the bright sun shining down on him, his head craning just slightly to look back at his companion, he looked like some veritable idol out of mythology. Untouched by recent failures and dismal performances. Mirth and gaiety were his only nature and as such, were unmatched by any around him.

"When time's get tough, you need to keep moving, not slow down, Sanna!"

The zeltron woman, filling in for Iuva who was beginning some time off and then would handle lighter matters in his many organizations per a rotational basis of his three main secretaries; Sanna was fit and full of vigor…but for some reason there was just no matching the older man today.

"How the kriff can you keep up like this?" she panted upon finally reaching him.

Antaro cocked an eyebrow at her. "How not? After a disappointing loss like that yesterday, this is just what I needed today to restore my spirits! Sweat out all the negative energy, Sanna. If its not enough, keep pushing ahead!"

"Right," she replied dryly, "Limmie. Please just remember your health, sir."

"This is for my health. They always say exercise is good for you, keeps you fit and strong. Doing pretty well at sixty-three for a human, no?"

Tossing back her dark purple hair, Sanna finally managed a small grin. "Oh yes, doing almost too well. It's just this humidity…" She let out a huff of irritation.

The man paused, having begun to move ahead again, and thought about that. "Hm. Yes, humidity can be a tad annoying. I will give you that."

As if it actually seems like it's touching you at all. The zeltron thought bemused.

Well, if he had brought up limmie, the best thing to do at the moment was to stay the course.

"So, I hear it has been rather back and forth for the Beast Riders in the Premier League."

"Unfortunately. I was uncharacteristically in a foul mood when they lost, but I reminded myself this morning that this whole season is a warm up."

"A warm up?"

"A warm up! As things are already set for their return to the ELL, this is all just the venture in shaping them up. I hope for more wins from here on out, but ultimately its the lessons learned and forming of cohesion going into next season that matters."

They continued on their merry sweaty way, traversing the various terrain and danger of the wilderness, while the two of them thought on his 'revelation' of the training season. Eventually though, the secretary couldn't help herself. She had to ask.

"And what if this trend continues into the ELL?"

"….And that. Is why we are trekking. To get rid of such vibes! Don't jinx us, Sanna. By the way, the flight to Naboo is already scheduled, correct?"

"Yes, that was taken care of a couple days ago by Iuva, I believe."

The man nodded appreciatively as they rounded a particularly large reddish fern. Nearly looked poisonous. "Very good. Important manufacturing deal with Nubian Industries. Had to double check."

"You planned your schedule to center around the Limmie schedule when it first came out didn't you."

"As best as I could!" Mr. Kiraon laughed without shame, immediately caught.

"I wonder about you sometimes."

"And I, you, Miss Leyé."

The woman, dodging a second and third ominous red fern, eyed the man's back. "You wonder about me?"

"Absolutely. I mean, how does a sixty-three year old beat a twenty-eight year old in a long distance trek…"

She nearly threw up her hands and he only laughed again.

Despite the loss, the Most Interesting Man on Onderon seemed invincible. Whether it would always remain this way was a question for another time.

Tag: No One

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a cloudy and cool Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today. How ya feelin' Justin?"

"Pretty good, pretty good. Mercs back to their winning ways."

"Crusaders lost though."

"Yeah, they did, but in a way that's a good thing."

"It is?"

"Sure, it's really hard to go undefeated, and it would suck for a team to do that and then lose their first game in the playoffs."

"Yeah, that would be a deflating experience."

"So in a way, kind of glad they got that loss out of the way now so they can concentrate on doing what the ELL club did and become back to back champs."

"Speaking of the big club, hell of a win, hell of a win, over that team from Nal Hutta's Moon."

"Biggest win of the season so far for the Mercs, because it puts them in the driver's seat for a playoff spot with four games left to go."

"Going to be a tough one again next week..."

"First place Dac..."

"Same overall record as the Mercs, they just beat us on tie breakers."

"That three and one in conference record is very good, but if the Mercs can make it three and two..."

"And end up with the head to head tie breaker."

"...and end up with the...yeah the head to head tie break, they will be sitting pretty to make the post season and get a chance to defend their title again in the playoffs."

"So, biggest game of the season again, for the second week in a row?"

"Well, it's a big game, a huge game, but it's not the Game of Rivals."

"Sure, sure."

"I mean, what was riding on that game and with the history, the animosity between these two teams..."

"Like breaking an opponent's nose levels of animosity?"

"Ha, they couldn't prove it, but sure as osik Mor'kesh did that to Windreaver on purpose."

"Claimed after the game it was an errant throw..."

"Right at her face?"

"Just reporting what he said..."

"Like he wouldn't lie to get away with not getting fined, or worse..."

"Seems like an honorable guy, I don't think he would lie."

"She was all over him at that point in the game, breaking her nose was what freed him up a little and gave him some space to help create for the offense."

"No doubt it was a factor, doesn't mean he did it on purpose though."

"Going to have to agree to disagree there..."

"That wasn't even the biggest reason for their win, that had to be the ejection of Smugglers corner forward Shady Lerouex."

"Yeah, after he was kicked out the Smuggler's forwards just couldn't get anything going."

"Certainly made it an uphill battle in a game that was already starting to get away from them..."

45 minutes later...

"Thanks for that call Wrenegade, still not sure deci-cred ne'tra gal night would be such a good idea for the Mercs though."

"Oh come on, it would be a riot!"

"In more ways than one. OK next caller, Womandalorian, whaddya got?"

"It's a new T-Shirt I heard the Smugglers were marketing. On the back is Windreaver's name and on the front it says 'I wondered why that bolo ball was getting bigger, and then it hit me.' Get it? Get it?"

"Oh that's just horrible..."

"Wait, I got more of these..."

"This is going to be a great show."

TAG: Vehn

OOC: Lerouex's ejection and Windreaver's injury (and the cause of it) were both Vehn's idea. The joke at the end of my post was just something too good to pass up. :p

Runjedirun, Vehn, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  9. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Tendra Nalo confirmed to be on Euceron after showing up unannounced at the HSN Euceron studios
    • In on-air interview on HSN Euceron, Nalo says that she fled Hapes and "will not return" after two attempts were made on her life during her flight
    • Nalo says that she was shot at while flying her speeder to the spaceport, and her hired ship was also shot at by Hapan starfighters en route to the hyperspace jump point
    • Nalo: "The government clearly wants me to shut up, but I will not. Thus, I will never be able to return to Hapes"
    • Nalo calls one-game suspension for Week 8 "convenient, given that it is a home game which I would not be able to be present for anyway"
    • Nalo plans to practice by herself and secure "private armed transport" to each of the three remaining C-Bucs games—all on the road—after the suspension to play out the rest of her contract "if the team will let me do so"
    • Asked about the possibility of playoff games, Nalo laughed and said "fat chance"
    • HSN Euceron analysts point out that C-Bucs are not yet mathematically eliminated from playoff contention, though "the odds are indeed stacked against them"
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard comments on Nalo’s statements, calling them “troubling”
    • Players union representatives have reportedly “besieged” ELL offices on Coruscant over “direct threats to the life of a player by her team”
    • One union rep said, “This is a declaration of war by a team against their own player. This cannot stand”
    • There were numerous reports that a man who looked like Martin Vigo was causing a ruckus during the Starkillers/Demons game
    • Security approached the man and were attacked when they asked him to leave. He kept repeating the statement "People die playing Limmie"
    • He was literally dragged out of the stands and into a tunnel where he could be properly detained before being taken to a law enforcement office for processing
    • Owner Richard Vigo has confirmed the man's identity as his Uncle, Martin Vigo's Brother, Jim Vigo
    • Richard had no further comment immediately following the game
    • Commissioner Lokensgaard also asked in passing about rumors of promotion and demotion: “The ELL has no plans to change our member teams at this time”
    • Lokensgaard added that a meeting of the Membership Committee of the Board of Governors could change that: “The League executes the Boards’ decisions”
    TAG: Darth_Elu jcgoble3 Runjedirun

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Mihal Ceallaigh
    Inky Raven pub, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“Go ahead, say it,” Mihal invited Piper.

“Say what?” Piper replied innocently.

“That you told me so. That all you have to do is stop the Miner offense and then you can beat their defense,” Mihal admitted.

“Hey now. I’m no Yoda. I didn’t expect the game to go like that,” Piper admitted.

“So are you going to say it?”

“Only if you really want me to.”

“I think you earned it.”

“Well, the Senators earned it,” Piper pointed out.

“But I know you want to say it,” Mihal said with a smile.

“If you insist,” Piper sighed.

She took off her jacket and tossed it down the bar to reveal a bright orange t-shirt with the Senators logo. “Wooooooooooooooooooo!” Piper exclaimed. “Senators win! Senators win!”

“There we go,” Mihal said.

“That game was amazing. Best Senatorial Showdown since the Sens kept Glencross out of the playoffs during her Farewell Tour on Truce Day. I thought it would be a close one, not the Senators beating the Miners that that badly,” Piper gushed. “And you know what made the difference?”

“Leia Adama?”

“Leia Adama. I didn’t think she was going to be healthy enough to play. She hobbled onto the field against Stewjon. I thought she had to be on a 3-4 week recovery plan, even with the All-Star Week to heal up,” Piper said. “But oh Force. She was like a force of nature out there. She came to ball this week.”

“Takes a Bakuran to beat Bakurans,” Mihal observed.

“I will beg, borrow, or steal from any planet in the galaxy to win a Galactic Cup. Once they put on the black and orange, they’re ours and nobody else’s.”

“Well, Coruscant is a more accepting society than Bakura is. But, about the game, your whole offense looked good,” Mihal said.

“Good? They looked like the love child of Jipoly Numifolis and Polis Vayne.”

“Wouldn’t that be--”

“The adopted love child,” Piper continued in light of the biological impossibility implicit in her statement, “who spent afternoons at Uncle Gark S’rily’s house and ate every meal at Dex’s Diner. I mean, Bas Wren finally found her footing.”

“She didn’t show up on the scoresheet like Adama,” Mihal pointed out.

“She was the glue of the offense. She was everywhere. The Miners didn’t know what to do with her. Cuth Hulu couldn’t adjust to the curveballs she was kicking.”

“Mandalorians are unpredictable like that.”

“So Bakurans beat Bakurans and Mandalorians beat Bakurans. Who doesn’t beat Bakurans?” Piper asked.

“Ssi-Ruuk. We beat them,” Mihal observed, though not with malice. “Twice.”

“Yeah, last time you needed the bucketheads to do it.”

“Not the point. The point is I think the Senators absolutely wanted that game more,” Mihal agreed. “The Miners are going to kick themselves later over blowing this game.”

“They should be kicking themselves about it now. There’s no way that the Miners are going to make the playoffs,” Piper said.

“They could still go 7-4 and finish 2-3 in the conference. They’ve got games against Ralltiir and Rydonni Prime left on the schedule, both teams ahead of them in the standings,” Mihal said.

“Best case scenario, Monarchs go, what? 5-6? Demons 4-7? Starkillers 4-7? And that’s assuming that none of those teams play each other,” Piper said. “I bet they’ve got games against each other, so you’ve got to figure there’s no way they all hit their worst case scenario records. It’s more likely you’re looking at a couple 6-5s, a 5-6. The Miners drop so much as one game in their last four and they’re stuck in a bad tiebreak most likely.”

“There’s hope,” Mihal maintained. “I’ve watched enough Miners limmie to know when there’s hope.”

“Sure,” Piper said, pouring a beer. “But there’s just about as much hope that I’m Obi-Wan Kenobi’s long lost great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter.”

“I think you put a few too many greats in there.”

“Nah. Kenobi women have kids early,” Piper said as she began drinking her beer. “By the way, that’s seven credits.”

“For what?”

“The beer,” Piper said, indicating the one she had in her hand.

“That’s your beer.”

“No, it’s the beer you owe me for the Senators beating the Miners,” Piper corrected.

“I believe you were very clear you were not going to bet me a beer over that game,” Mihal said.

“I was clear I wasn’t betting you a beer, but you seemed pretty adamant you were betting me one,” Piper replied with a glint in her eye. “Seven credits.”

Mihal laughed. “Oh, you are a Coruscanti with logic like that, aren’t you?” He fished some credits out of his pocket. “I suppose I have to tip you too, don’t I?”

“I did pour it,” Piper admitted.

“Well, I suppose after six straight losses I can be good for it,” Mihal said. “By the way, there’s enough there for one for me, so would you give me a pour? Now, the Senators better win the conference if they’re going to go around beating the Miners like that.”

“A lot of good that did us last season,” Piper snorted as she delivered Mihal’s beer. “I’ll take a 2 or 3 seed if we go to the Final with it over a 1 seed any day. Of course, we get a 3 seed and we’ll probably earn it by beating the Miners on a tiebreak.”

“The way this season is going, I’d believe that,” Mihal agreed.

“It’d be payback over the Commissioner’s Trophy in 278.”

“Oh not that again,” Mihal groaned.

“It was ours and it got stolen from us,” Piper insisted.

“You didn’t win the conference. You can’t have the Commissioner’s Trophy with a #2 seed in the conference,” Mihal rebutted.

“The Senators won the circular tiebreak. The rules said it should have been theirs.”

“How old were you in 276? How do you even remember this?”

“Old enough! It was a formative age!” Piper retorted.

It was the beginning of a long, long argument that nobody was ever going to win and was probably going to stretch all the way until kickoff on Rydonni Prime and Denon.

TAG: Jedi Gunny (who approved and greatly collaborated with me on what I hope is a hallmark post for me this season given the characters involved :D)

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar (Thorne) Adama
    Coruscant

As rivalry games went in the Elite League, this was one of the longest-standing and most revered. The Senatorial Showdown, the battle between the Galactic Capital, the former capital of the Galactic Empire, and the small Outer Rim world where the Galactic Civil War had effectively ended. The two worlds had absolutely nothing in common with each other, one a metropolitan megaplex, the other more akin to a pastoral world. Yet on the pitch, this was a big deal.

The rivalry had fallen upon hard times for the Senators. They had lost six straight to their rivals, and had seen this rivalry game go from the prominent battle that it was in the 260s and early 270s to back-page news the past few seasons as the Senators sputtered and the Miners surged. Other rivalries had come into play, some shiny and new, and had taken precedence over this one in the eyes of the galactic media. When one team dominated the game and the conference, it didn’t seem to matter, not when the real rivalry that the media lived for was with a team from the other conference. They could sell Galactic Cup matchups; you couldn’t say the same when the Senators were seemingly in the tank every other year.

But to the fans on Coruscant, this was about as big as it got. They didn’t want to be told that the Miners had bigger rivals than them, that the Mercs, Smugglers, or Monarchs were more ‘important’ to their opponents than they were. They were sick and tired of losing in the series, especially in the postseason. It was time that they got their time in the sun.

The energy in Senator Stadium was palpable an hour before kickoff. There was no love lost in the minds of the fans, who wanted to see the win. Both teams needed a victory to stay in the tight Solo Conference playoff race, so it was especially important to come out victorious today. The Senators wanted to finish their five-game homestand with three consecutive victories to put the bitter taste of their two home losses out of their mouths. The build-up in the local media had been huge, and it has only gotten larger due to the All-Star Break adding another week in. Entire sections of the downtown area were expected to be quiet, as everyone would stay indoors to watch the game. It would be an atmosphere akin to the prior year’s run to the Commissioner’s Trophy; the Miners looked vulnerable for the first time in a long time. The fans hoped that meant their team, on a two-game winning streak, could take advantage.

Leia Adama, the star full forward, would be back in the lineup. She had taken the Break off from Limmie activities, deciding to rest her nagging injuries instead of continuing her workout regimen. The trainers had mentioned to her not to push it too hard, but 85% Leia Adama was still a scary proposition for any opposing team.

“I don’t remember the last time a game this early in the year was so hyped,” Tela Loni commented as she entered the box with the Senator front office staff. “We’re coming out of the Break, with four games after this, and yet it feels like this is a playoff game.”

“It’s like how we felt when the Senators were good in the 260s, and we couldn’t catch a break,” Briar replied, referring to her time with the Miners organization.

When kickoff came around, the fans were amped up and at full throat. Michonne kicked the ball off to start the game, driving it down the field deep with a solid kick. As each possession went down, one didn’t need to be able to see the action to get a good idea of what was going on. When Adama banged home a goal early on in the game, the fans erupted. And they stayed at that intensity the entire game.

The Senators had been very frustrated coming into the game. Losing six straight hurt, and many of their players had never beaten the Miners before. They placed all those frustrations into this game, coming out blistering hot and not cooling down until Adama and her fellow starters left the game in garbage time to the deafening cheers from the home faithful. At that time, the game was far out of reach, and everyone knew that the Senators would be 4-3 going into the road trip to end the season.

It had never been in doubt. The Senator offense, which had found its stride since Freya Stormhelm had been inserted into the starting lineup for rookie Bas Wren, had blitzed the Miners defense from every angle. Adama had done her fair share of damage with three goals on the day, but she had also notched three assists. The regular level of intensity had not been there for her, but that hadn’t mattered; the chance to come back with ferocity had been enough. She had baked the defenders in her path, continually finding open space and making the Miners cave in on her. When they did, she swung the ball out wide to an open receiver. One assist of hers came on a play when she got caught in a corner. She passed the ball out to a waiting Hela Montego, who then bulldozed her way through a defender and drilled a shot into the back of the net for three points. On her second goal, she turned to the crowd and yelled something that looked like “You like that?” And, of course, the fans enjoyed every moment of it.

The other forwards had a banner day as well. Stormhelm, although she was not necessarily a scorer, made the right plays and proved that she was a good option on the corner. Wren had another solid game, putting in a goal as well as making some nice plays on the ball. Her development was coming along; it was still her first season, so there was plenty of time for her to find her stride. The team projected her to be a starter within a few years, so they wanted to make sure she developed properly. High-ranked players often became busts because they were forced into the spotlight too early, and they couldn't handle the pressure. The Senators didn't want Wren to fall through the cracks. She didn't get sent down to Thyferra like the other draft picks had been, which meant that she was expected to get live ELL reps. What she did with them was up to her at this point, because the team was going to be patient with her.

The defense had come out with another solid game. The Gamble-Vurgess corner duo once again locked down their opponents, preventing them from getting much open space. The full back combo of Minte and Oha also had a stellar game. The half backs were not as strong, but still got the job done. The midfielders kept Pic and her fellows on their toes, Syndulla going step-for-step with the longtime Miners player and using his physicality to match Pic's tough style. It was a huge effort from the rising star midfielder, one that deepened his impact on the team after being drafted first overall.

The only deflating moment was when Klay Mettews, the star half back, went down on the turf holding his leg. It took several minutes to get him off the field, and it had quieted the raucous crowd. No one wanted to see a player go down, especially a good player like Mettews. Buzz Lightyeer came in to replace him and played well, but it wasn’t the same.

When the game ended, Briar was ecstatic. But, deep down, she was a GM, and the Mettews injury had looked serious. She immediately picked up her datapad.

“You’re not going to celebrate?” Tela asked.

“I need to find a replacement for Mettews,” Briar said. “Enjoy the win; I will have to enjoy it later.”

Down on the field, the Senators celebrated like they had locked up a playoff berth. It had been a playoff atmosphere, and they were going to relish every moment that they could. When Adama raised the Old Rosewood Gavel over her head, it was a reminder that there was never a sure thing in this league. Perhaps the Miners had been the better team for almost two decades, but that didn’t matter now. The Senators had the bragging rights, and that mattered a lot to the team and its fans.

In the post-game interview, Adama was notably excited. “How does it feel to break such a long losing streak?”

“It feels great,” the captain said. “I know they’re my home team, and I will always have a soft spot for the Miners, but as a Limmie player and captain, this means so much. But not just to me; it means everything to all my teammates. We were waiting for a signature win, and I think we just got it!”

“How does it feel to own the Old Rosewood Gavel once again?”

“I forgot how smooth it is,” the captain replied. “It’s one of the great rivalry trophies in this league, and we’re glad to have it back.”

“How do you think this will impact your playoff hopes going forward?”

“We’ve got a ways to go, since we’re not in a playoff spot yet, but we feel confident now. Anything can happen from here on out, and we want to get back to the postseason and make noise this time around.”

For Gark S’rily: “How does it feel to beat the Miners?”

“It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” the Bothan said. “It’s a huge deal for us, because not only does it give us a rivalry win, but it’s also a necessary conference win. We came into this year expecting to be in the push for the postseason, and this win validates that we can be in the thick of things down the stretch.”

“You had troubles beating the Miners as a head coach. Do you feel vindicated now that some of the pressure is off?”

“The pressure was still there, but Kyril had more of it on his shoulders. I was able to do my job, and the players did theirs. I couldn’t be prouder of them.”

Ten minutes after the game, some of the Senator players stayed on the field to soak in one last chance to be on the field. There was no certainty that they would play here again during the 286 season, so they wanted to enjoy the moment. A few of them went over to small groups of fans to sign autographs.

Yet Briar was still on her datapad, trying to find a solution to deal with the injury situation. Word came in from Tama Wor, the trainer, that Mettews would likely be out for six to seven weeks, which would end his season and likely prevent him from playing in the postseason should the team make it. With the trading deadline coming up the next week, she wanted to explore all her avenues. Her options were Lightyeer, a two-year reserve player she had drafted in the third round in 283, Nevan, a one-year reserve who didn’t see much playing time, and Jamee Meels, a former starter who had been a third-round selection in the franchise’s best Draft. She had options on Thyferra, but was the best plan of action to call up a rookie and see if they could shake things up? She had Merwin Clywd available, for instance, but there was some credence to allowing the former first-rounder to finish a second season on Thyferra before being re-evaluated. The question was depth at half back; if Meels started, that left the Senators dangerously thin at the position behind him, Eddie Munster, and Cannon Mallonn.

There were several other options on the table, but she wasn’t sure if those were any better. The likelihood that she would make a move was low. She needed to see the depth of the roster she had built, and that meant allowing the half back line to shuffle its remaining pieces. She could dip into the Thyferra pool if she had to, so it was a backup plan. But there was still something that bothered her about sitting tight; she didn’t want to let this slip away. Her role here was to field a winning team, and that was what she was going to attempt to do.

“Are you interested in going out to a victory dinner with the rest of us?” Mirik Lopaki asked.

“I have a few things I need to catch up on first, so I might meet you there.”

“Might?”

“Give me twenty minutes,” Briar said. She had a call to make.

It took her 30 minutes, but her business was completed by the end of the call. By the time she joined her fellow front office staff at one of the glitziest steakhouses on Coruscant, she had already left a few notes with the team secretary so that prompt action could be taken. And, by leaving a few notes, that meant passing a note to Me’lin S’rily, Gark’s wife and the lead secretary for the franchise, at the table while waiting for their food to arrive.

“Do you want me to send this in as soon as we’re done here?” the Twi’lek asked.

“If not sooner. I don’t want to let this fall through,” Briar said.

“All right, Ms. Adama. I will get this sent in.”

“Good.” Let’s just hope this works, or else I’m going to look like a fool Briar thought to herself.

TAG: Trieste

12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Senators complete trade with Jakku for half back Jella Tweed (Human, Female). Tweed is two-time All-Star, including 286, and is on last year of her contract.
    • Junkers to receive three prospects in return: Hyde Los (Human, Male, Half Forward), Walter Paitone (Human, Male, Half Back), Seemee Plabol (Twi'lek, Female, Forward), and cash considerations.
    • Los the big piece in the deal; has turned in career year with Thyferra Force (LFL), but had been blocked from possible call-up to team due to existing depth on offense. Plabol is a former draft pick of the Bakura Miners who spent part of 285 season with Senators and had scored four goals for Force thus far on the season. Paitone is journeyman LFL player with some upside.
    • Senator GM Briar Adama: "We are excited to bring Jella in to bolster our defensive depth down the stretch. It hurts to lose a player like Hyde, but the truth is that he was likely not going to get a call-up anytime soon in our organization. We wish him and the other two players the best going forward."
    • HSN Coruscant Analyst: "The Senators made a solid deal here. Though Tweed may be a rental, they didn't give up their best-regarded prospects in order to acquire her. They flipped a good season of Los and Plabol in exchange for a proven veteran player."
    • "This move opens up space in the Thyferra starting lineup for Kriistapos Proziingas, who the franchise is excited to see have an opportunity to start at that level, as well as well-regarded defensive back Aqua Everbright."
    TAG: Jedi Gunny

13. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Limmie Hall of Fame, Empress Teta

It was time for the annual Limmie Hall of Fame induction announcement. Every season, an official from the institution stood at the top of the steps leading to the galleries of the sport’s greatest and informed sports fans who would join the venerable number.

Last year it had been no one. The Hall only took the best and if there were no figures worthy of induction, then so be it.

This year, however, everyone could feel that something different was in the air.

“The Limmie Hall of Fame has concluding its voting on new inductees. This rigorous process admits only the greatest beings to be associated with the sport. This year,” the Khil official paused, heightening the drama, “we have one inductee.”

A crowd of beings was on hand and they cheered, remembering last year’s disappointment.

“Our sole inductee played in the ELL for 11 season, from 272 to 282. He went to seven All-Star Games, from 274 to 277 and then again from 279 to 281. He served as assistant captain of the 277 Solo Conference team. In 278, he won the Zumtak Award, now the Vigo, and was nominated again for it in 279. He won the 271 Premiership and was the 281 Numifolis Award winner as MVP of the Galactic Cup Playoffs. In 281 and 282, he led his team to back-to-back Galactic Cups. He now serves as assistant coach for his team.

“The Limmie Hall of Fame is honored to induct Ty Allin into its ranks.”

TAG: Runjedirun

14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

The media circus outside my house was intense the first few days. Ralltiir still loved my father and seeing his brother arrested at the stadium my father built did not sit well with public. “Can we throw whip cream pies at the holo people?” Jimsey asked me at breakfast midweek.

It sounded like fun. “No,” I answered flatly.

“Uncle Ty and T.J. and Ezra threw whip cream pies at the reporters in front of his house last night,” Jimsey reminded me as he turned his data pad with the feed to show me.

I held a straight face, but inside I was very pleased to see Ty back to his old prankster self. He was having fun with his son’s. Making the best of a situation he had no control over. The whip cream pies were harmless but messy. One female reporter in particular looked appalled over the amount of sticky white mess that had gotten in her hair. I always approached things in a boring more practical way. I had to think about what the consequences of my actions would be. Ty Allin could live in the moment. I really envied Ty.

“Well if you won’t throw whip cream pies at them, maybe you should just flatten them with your speeder,” Ryan offered as he wiped the remains of Shannon’s breakfast from around her mouth.

“Yea!” Jimsey cheered.

“Shotgun!” Ryan said in a feminine voice as he raised Shannon’s hand.

“Yeah, right,” I mockingly agreed with a roll of my eyes. "Jimsey grab your data pad so we can get you to school.”

“What are you gonna do about those reporters at the end of the driveway?” He asked me.

“Same thing I do every morning, blast the horn.”

“Well at least it’s funny when they put their hands over their ears,” Jimsey said as he opened the front door.

Our ride to school and my ride to the office were uneventful. I was going over my case against my uncle. Hoping to get us through the courts quickly when I heard there was going to be an announcement about the Hall of Fame Induction. It was on my radar because I knew Ty was eligible this year. I hoped against hope they’d give him the honor. I had my doubts only because he was still so young and because he was still active in the league. There was more left for Ty to accomplish as a coach.

When it was announced that only one being was going to be inducted this year I immediately went back to my work. What could the odds be that Ty was the one player? Apparently the odds were good. My ears perked up and my fingers stopped typing as the announcer continued, “He won the 271 Premiership and was the 281 Numifolis Award winner as MVP of the Galactic Cup Playoffs.”

Without hearing the rest I got up and raced out of my office. Into the main corridor of the stadium and to door that led to where the custard stands were stored. I opened a cooler and grabbed as many whip cream cans as I could carry. Here I was the owner of the team running down through the stadium with an armful of whip cream cans. If security cams could talk.

I made my way down to the field where Ty was I handed a whip cream can to Dash. I handed one to Noah Till, I handed one to Kara Sureysh, and one to Andres Fortune, another to Olidiipo. Ty was so busy preoccupied with a drill in goal with Cliff Tuff that he never saw us coming. I held up three fingers and when one was left we all hit our triggers. “Congratulations!!!!!” We all screamed.

Ty had no idea what was going on. He opened his mouth and tried to catch as much of the whipped cream as he could. He was covered and laughing hysterically. He proceeded to lick it off him as much as he could. “So,” he finally asked. “What did I do to earn this whip creamed bath?”

“You,” I paused for dramatics. “Are the newest member of the Limmie Hall of Fame.”

Ty stopped licking whipped cream off his clothes. His eyes widened and for maybe the first time in his life Ty Allin was speechless.

Tags: None

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The slide for UBSD continues, they lose 14-4 to the Blue Birds of UBCape Suzette."

"University of Zeltros had their winning streak snapped after a close loss at University of Denon, Eastlake, 17-15."

"Norand University turns things around after a rough couple of weeks. They take a 9-3 win over Pirtolanda State University in an inter conference game."

"Druckenwell Technical University not so lunky, they lose a tight one 16-13 to University of Ylesia."

"The Ensigns of Bakura Fleet Academy continue to make waves out in the Bak 10, they win a laugher 21-6 over Atalanta University."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 rankings after Week Seven

1. Chandrila A&M University
    2. Keldabe Military Institute, Mandalore
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    4. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    5. Dac State University
    6. UB Telaan Valley
    7. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    8. Norand University, Carratos
    9. University of Devaron
    10. University of Zeltros
    11. UB Salis D'aar
    12. University of Csilla
    13. Druckenwell Technical University
    14. Ralltiir University
    15. Concord War College
    16. University of Onderon Rupings
    17. University of Shili
    18. Imperial College of Bastion
    19. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    20. Bakura Fleet Acadamey
    21. Cathar Technical College
    22. University of Bison
    23. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    24. University of Sanbra
    25. College of Deredith &Millicent

Runjedirun, Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Harron Myrat'ur
    Finch's Apartment, O'Pahz, Carratos

"What are you doing here?" Harron said, hissing between his teeth. He tried to move the conversation out of the apartment but, the tough wouldn't move.

"You know why I'm here." He held out his hand, moving his fingers in a beckoning way, his voice a threatening whisper. "You've got a debt to pay."

"Here…Right now." The nervous coach looked over his shoulder.

"Look, ya' think I want to be here, at your, well your brother's, doorsetep." A meaty hand gestured to inside the space. "You weren't at your usual haunts, so I had to come looking for you." He looked away a little ashamed but, not too much so, "Just give me some of what you owe, and I will leave."

"If I have the money I would pay but, I just don't not right now."

"Then," the thug's hand reached out grasping the collar of Harron's shirt. "Why don't we take this outside?" Harron could see that there was no kindness in the other man's eyes, "I would hate to resort to violence in front of children."

"Look," there is no reason to do that, you know I can get it to you just give me some time."

"You've had time, you know how long it took for me to hunt you down. I'm not leaving empty handed."

"Can't you trust me?"

"You're a gambler and, a bad one. So no, I don't"

"Just give me a little more time, you know I'm good for it."

"This is the second time I've been sent to see you, I'm getting tired of seeing your face."

"How do you think I feel, you come to my home, threatening me asking for money I don't have right now."

"There is only two ways this ends. You pay, in credits or pain. You have caused me a lot of aggravation."

"Really violence, that's how you want to solve this."

"It's called encouragement, I'm encouraging you to pay what you owe."

"You don't have to do…" his words are cut off by the burly man pulling him through the door way and out into the hall. Harron protested, all of the way struggling against his captor. It was of little use the other man was far stronger. "Just not the face." Was the last thing the assistant coach said.

The subsequent beating was short but, brutal and true to Harron's request, the brute avoided hitting him in the face.

"You need some help man." The tough said rubbing his knuckles.

"Says the guy who just beat me up." Harron spat, holding his side.

"Consider this a little tough love, I don't mind you." He looked away, was he actually trying to help. "I've seen a lot of guys fall into this trap, get in over their heads, and never get above water. It doesn't end well for them." The man's bald head hung, "I…I…never mind." A thick hand reached down and helped the assistant coach to his feet. "This is a dangerous field you play in man, best to leave, before I have to show up again."

Harron hobbled his way back every step hurting him. Inside his brother's apartment, said brother was waiting for him.

"I want you out," He started, arms crossed blue eyes casting a frosty glare, "now."

"I get it," Harron responded, he knew that the thug showing up would not please Finch. "I leave in the morning, or a little later." His breath hitched as the pain from his side radiated across his body. "After I see someone about this rib.

"No, Now." The older brother said, voice cold.

"It's going to be a little…"

"You brought a thug to my doorstep, meters from where my daughters sleep. I want you gone, before you cause any more trouble."

"Ok, I get it, I screwed up, but, could you give me some time, I've got a broken rib here."

"That’s your fault for being a…" Finch stopped himself, biting back the word he so wanted to use right now, "being like him."

Something broke in Harron, he knew that Finch didn't have a good relationship with their father, but, that didn't change the fact that he was their father. He didn't get to dehumanize the man that lost his battle with his demons. Harron was there, for every struggle, every time his father tried to get clean, he was a good man that fought against his worse nature but, just couldn't win. He was fallible, but who isn't, he tried to change and died with many regrets. The least Finch could do was acknowledge him.

"Say his name." the younger brother demanded, albeit quietly.

"What?"

"Say his name!" Harron grunted through the pain, "No matter what you do, or how much you try to distance yourself, he is still your father, still our father. You should at least say his name."

"That man, was no father, just a degenerate…" Again Finch held back his words, though his eyes said it all.

"Like me, you think I'm a degenerate?"

"If the shoe fits."

"Just because I've got a problem I'm a degenerate? Do I now lose my name, Am I just another 'That Man'."

"Oh of course because it's always about you. It always has been, all you two ever thought about was your next fix, and damn everyone else. You leave wreckage with every step you take. And do you care no, because you see nothing but your own needs."

"Oh…Oh…you want to talk about fallout. Look in a Forcedamn mirror. You left us, left me. I had to do everything, work, make sure the bills got paid on time, go to school and make sure dad didn't die after one of his benders." Harron's voice was raised, yelling, "And what do you have to do, nothing, you got doted on by Auntie, a woman that could never have kids of her own, and so desperately wanted them. You accuse me of only serving myself. You took advantage of the poor woman." An angry smirk formed on Harron's lips tears stung his eyes, "And did you think to bring me with you, no. Because you wanted her love all to yourself, didn't want your little brother to get in the way." Finch was silent, eyes downcast. "A little hard to ride that High Bantha now isn't it."

"Do you think it was easy for me?!" the older sibling yelled back. "I had to be her perfect little son. Had to get good grades, had to listen to her every command. Maker forbid I have any friends over, I belonged to her, and only her. If I didn't show reverence I'd get sent back, or worse. There were days, days when it got too much that I wished I'd stayed. Stuck it out with you and dad, there were no expectations, no impossible standards I had to meet. I could do what I wanted, and not be watched every hour of every day."

"If it was so terrible, why didn't you come back?"

"If it was so hard, why didn't you come find me?"

"Because someone had to look after dad, make sure he didn't kill himself."

"If you really wanted to save him, you'd of taken his booze away."

"You think I didn't try, I did everything I could, but, he just couldn't shake it. Maybe if there were two of us…"

"Don't, put his death on me, he was hopeless, there was no saving him. It might have been hard, living up to Autie's expectations but, at least I had a roof over my head, and food to eat."

"How would you know, you were never around, you didn't see how hard he fought, how much he did try. Maybe…Maybe if you'd stuck around…things would have been different. Do you know what his last words were. He wanted to tell you he was sorry, that you were right…right to leave. He died with regrets on his heart. If he was as hopeless and calloused as you think. He wouldn't have such a heavy heart."

"Just because the man had regrets doesn't change the fact that he was a degenerate, a waste of flesh."

"Who died and made you judge, the one that decides who is good and who is bad. Because I've got news, you're not perfect either."

"I might not be but, I'm better than you and better than him."

"Crane Myrat'ur." Finch just shook his head, "That his name, or have you forgotten it. He was your father, his blood is your blood too. If you think you don't have vices too, I think you need to look inside a little deeper. Turn that judging gaze on yourself for once."

"Just get out!" Finch screamed, pointing out the door. This conversation was over. There was nothing more to say. Slowly, painfully Harron gathered up his meager possessions and left.

With nowhere really to go, he went to work, doing his best to hide his injury, or passing it off as an accident. When the day ended pretended to leave but really he ended up in the medical room just off the Locker room in Arcadia Colosseum. Sleep was hard to come by, what with the pain and cold compress on his ribs but, he did get some rest. He eschewed going to a clinic, didn't want to answer the questions that would enviably come up. He was woken by someone arriving. It was still early, no one should be showing up now. In a panic he tried getting up, aggravating his injured side.

"Ahhh." He nearly cried, trying to get off the exam table.

"Is someone there?" a female voice called out, not just any voice, it was Leigh's.

Harron tried to hurry, hissing through pain as he looked for his shirt. The door opened just as he put a hand on it. There he was shirtless, with a bandage around his chest as the star player opened the door.

"Coach."

"I can explain?"

Without a word she closed the door, locking it.

"Uh, Leigh what's going on here?" Harron asked a little worried. She again said nothing as she sat down across from him, lip quivering. "Leigh." He continued feeling more than a little uncomfortable under her gaze.

"Look coach, I know what's going on with you. You've got a debt you can't pay. Too many bad nights at the tables."

His mouth hung open, she saw right through him, "How?" he was too much in shock to be defensive.

"I just know." She replied simply, "I know that look in your eye. That need to take a risk, that drive to see just how far you can push your luck."

"Leigh," he saw where she was going, and he didn't need another lecture.

"Shut up and listen ok." She snapped, "I've been holding my tongue for too long, and please just listen. You've got to know that this doesn't end well, for you. But, you can't stop, that demon keeps eating away at you will, and before you know it, you're on the run from thugs that want to break your legs to encourage you."

"Leigh…"

"I'm not done." Her voice deepened but, showed a little pain. "I've seen this happen and don't think you're different. If you keep this up, you get more than your ribs broken. Carratos is no place for a gambler. So let me make a bet with you." Her voice became deadly serious, her eyes boring into him, "I'll win, not just win but crush the Junkers in the next game, and you, only play at my table. No more going those dens, full of cheats, and circling loanhounds."

All Harron could do was smile chuckling a little but, he could feel that compulsion, to take her up on the offer. He bit back his words, telling her he'd take it up. "Say I fall for this, take you up on this bet. What do I win when if you lose?"

Her eyes didn't flinch, her sabacc face fully on. "I'll personally fund your next night of cards, no credit limit, you can play all night if you want, I'll keep you in credits."

His eyes widened again. Now he was interested, he could feel the pull, that call to the table. The pain from his broken bone stabbed him again. He could maybe use this to pay back his debt. It was an opportunity, one that he could feel clawing at his mind.

"For wanting to help me, you seem all too willing to enable me…if I'm what you claim."

"Well." She said, her voice betraying nothing, "Maybe I'm a bit of a gambler myself." They sat in eerie silence Harron mulling over the offer put in front of him. Freedom from his debts, or lashed to a single table, with no real risks, no real danger. Could he really do it, limit himself to one game but, that feeling was washing over him. His heart was pounding, his stomach was light. However this didn't play out on his face, keeping his own gambler's mask firmly on. He knew he should say no, that it was only feeding his addiction that he wouldn't stay true to his word.

"How do you plan on keeping me to my word?"

"Let's just say that I have my ways. So, do we have a deal?" She held out her hand. Brown eyes firm.

"If I was a betting man, like you think, why would I bet against my own team? Seems a little wrong to me." It was wrong, it was his one rule, never bet against his team.

"You wouldn't be betting against the team, you'll be betting against me. I will crush the Junkers."

"Carry the team to victory?"

"Yeah, if I'm listed as the first star of the match, I won the bet."

Everything inside was telling him no, well almost everything. The need to take risk was beating a loud drum, demanding that he take her up on the bet. For no other reason than it was a bet. Again they sat in stillness, her hand staying where it was, tempting him, such a simple act but, weighty. He didn't know what she meant by 'She had ways' but, he knew she had conviction, a subtle force to her words. His eyes stared into hers, neither breaking, a test of wills.

Her gaze was as hard as iron, her brown orbs never moving from his. They drew him in, a challenge, a risk, and a mighty one at that. There was no lip quiver to give her away this time, her face was as solid as a stone mask. He didn't know how much time had passed but, before he knew what was happening, he grasped her hand. The drum beat almost deafening in his ears. Her grip was as firm as durasteel.

"See you at the game coach." She said giving his hand a pump. She released him and walked away. Harron was left alone, just looking at his hand.
    _________
    Game Day

Game day came and he felt the rush, the one of excitement and a little fear. Why, why couldn't he resist, was it her eyes, her willful brown eyes that sapped his will, or was he getting worse, had the shame and anger of the day he was thrown out of his brother's home cloud his judgment.

He sat, head hung low, in front of the Memorial Wall, a place he found himself every home game it seemed, racked with guilt, and shame at what he had wrought.

"Hey, you doing alright." A somewhat familiar voice spoke from right next to him.

"Huh…" his head snapped up, eyes a little wide as he gazed upon the pantoran, with the white streak in her hair.

"You look like chaos warmed over." She continued.

She was right, it was just chaos in his mind, swirling destructive madness that had taken over his mind.

"Got a lot on my mind."

"Yeah, me too." More silence descended upon them, both looking up at the wall of the dead. Harron wondered if things would have been different if Lilly was still here. Who was he kidding, of course it would be, she would have been able to keep him straight, kept his weak heart from falling to his demons. But, she wasn't here. He'd made this bed. It was time to pay his price. "Do you ever…" the blue skinned woman spoke, shattering the calm, "feel like you're on a path that you shouldn't be but, have gone too far to turn back. That you've gone past some point of no return and just have to accept the fate you've made?"

Her words punch him in the gut, stunning him. Could this woman, one he didn't even know the name of see through him too? But, she was right, he was on a path he couldn't turn back from, though maybe he should ask, was she? He kept his silence, not wanting to say anything that would give him away. He opened his mouth to ask what brought on this question but, she quieted him.

"Never mind, I'm just being a little weird right now, something about this place that makes you question things." She got up and walked away.

"Yeah." He said so quietly that no one could hear. He looked to her, still wondering what was going on in her head, was it just as much of a mess as his?

He gazed upon the wall one last time. He couldn't hide anymore, time to face the music.

The game, was a shutout. The first for the Pirates, and Leigh was at the front. She played like a madwoman. Breaking through tackles, driving at the net but, she wasn't a ball hog either, setting up the majority of the offensive plays. She was unstoppable, dominating the field like she never had before. Harron swallowed hard he knew by the half that he'd lost the bet.

But, he knew the game wasn't won by offense alone. The defense absolutely pinned the Junkers' attack. This was partially thanks to change in the backline. Kala and Bel were out, subbed for Brian and Samia. The human and the Zabrak didn't have the size of the other two but, they made up for it in hunger. They hadn't played all year and they had been itching to step on the pitch with their friend, Boutros. Those three played like beasts, the claimed the backline and never let go.

It was a game that the fans needed, the home team was in charge from beginning to end. Harron didn't need to stick around for the reading of the stars of the game.

Time to lie in his bed.

TAG: No one

Runjedirun, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Sgt. Rax D’vja
    ELL Week 5, Ryell, Rydonni Prime

Johanna was right, Rax didn’t like what he need to do at all. “I hate these frakkin’ things.” Begrudgingly he pulled down the helmet of the stolen Peacekeeper uniform. “They’re like giant billboards screaming ‘shoot here’!”

“At least you can see out of them to shoot straight,” chimed in Rascal Two, Sgt. Conor H’yat, as he finished buttoning up his Peacekeeper uniform.

“Yeah, I hear the old Imperial Stormtrooper helmets were like wearing blinders,” Rascal Three, Cpl Ian E’st piped up as he performed a functions check on his blaster rifle.

Agent Gr’yco, Rascal Five, just shook his head at his two teammates continued to runoff at the mouth. His companion, LE-0, chirped and tweeted, “You go that right Leo,” Del chuckled.

“What’d he say?” Ian’s vocabulated voice shouted turning towards the tech specialist and his droid friend.

“He just pointed out the fact that the only way you would know anything about the ancient Empire is from a Galactic History textbook and he didn’t recall that either of you could read.”

Pvt. K’wah, Cpl. R’chnew and Spc. D’glas were nearly doubled over in laughter as E’st and H’yat started chasing after the ball droid. Rax snickered, but kept it contained to himself. He didn’t mind the youngsters joking around, it helped to relieve the tension before a mission, but he also knew that
    It wouldn’t look good to the L.T. if he was involved. As the senior enlisted man, he was to set the example.

“KNOCK OFF THE GRAB ASSING!” Lt. Johanna E’st announced her presence forcefully. Rax was now glad he was wearing his helmet. Without even turning his head he was able to catch his first good look at Johanna in her form fitting skirt suit. When she was in her R.A.I.D. uniform, he hadn’t really noticed how she looked.

To him, when everyone you’ve socialized with for nearly a decade wore the same clothing, there really was no gender. Male, female, they were all soldiers. They all looked identically neutral. But right now, in her civilian cover, Lt. E’st was distinctly a woman. The dark blue skirt was barely passed the midline of her thighs and the matching short-sleeved jacket had a plunging lapel. Not since the days of dating his wife, was a woman able to turn his head.

Rax shook himself back to reality, “Alright kiddies, you heard the L.T., straighten up and fall in!” Once the troops settled in, Lt. E’st gave her brief.

“We’re going the Monarchs Stadium under deep cover. You six will be acting as the Peacekeeper escort for our contact, Lynn Wonstak.”

“THE Lynn Wonstak?” Ian interrupted, “the famous HSN sportscaster? She’s our contact?”

[​IMG]

Johanna paused for moment and then simply answered, “Yes”. As she continued to explain that she was posing as an attaché from the Ministry of Information and that Agent Gr’yco would be playing the part of a holocam operator, something about her simple answer nagged at Rax. There was something more going on with Lynn Wonstak.

Of course it wasn’t unheard of that a member of the media was working with a clandestine organization, but usually when they did, they had some connection to the organization. But Lynn was an off-worlder and was best known for calling the Monarchs overrated, even though over the past ten seasons they’ve made the playoffs six times, won the Solo Conference four times, and their only Galactic Cup. The Ministry of Information blocking her show from airing on Rydonni Prime might have something to do with it as well.

“We’ll meet up with Ms. Wonstak not far from the stadium and accompany her to an interview she will be conducting with Governor Setarcos Rhemes. During this time we will be responsible for securing the escape of Aruetyc Aran.”

“Why aren’t we kidnapping the Governor? With him we can bring the city to its knees and take the fight to Governor-General’s front door?”

“Aruetyc Aran has acquired the key codes to the wall. Once we have them our forces will be able to march right into the heart of the city. Now if there aren’t any other questions let’s move out.”

ELL Week 8

The mission to extract Aruetyc Aran went off like clockwork, which shocked Rax. Usually there was at least one mishap for which they would need to shift fire. But they delivered Ms. Wonstak to the assigned meeting room. The six “Peacekeepers” then proceeded to the lower levels of the Stadium where the Mandalorian linkcaster was waiting their arrival. Johanna and Gr’yco covered their departure and fell back to their rendezvous point, less Ms. Wonstak.

For the next two weeks, while their Monarchs were splitting their games against the Scum & Villainy Conference, Team Rascal were moving from one broadcast location to another. To mask the intel he was sending out to the rest of the R.A.I.D. Resistance, Aran was going to need to broadcast at least three more times.
    Meanwhile, the Governor-General pulled all of his remaining Peacekeepers, except those assigned to the wall, back to the Government District to protect himself and the rest of his ministers, save one, Setarcos Rhemes.

That morning, along with news that the extra vetting was being lifted, the government run news agency announced that Setarcos Rhemes, former Minister of Information had been arrested as a traitor to the State and was scheduled for execution. He was going to be shot and it would be broadcast not only on Rydonni Prime, but to all the surrounding systems as a warning.

“Well there goes our potential advantage…” Rax wondered aloud, to no one in particular, as he watched the feed with Johanna.

But he was answered by a mysterious figure who seeamed to appear out of nowhere behind them. “Won’t they be shocked when he mysteriously vanishes from his cell.”

[​IMG]

Rax turned and found himself looking upon the reportedly deceased, Sr. Agent Will Kol’sin.

TAG: Trieste Runjedirun

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential today for Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Hapes, Mando'ade, Onderon, Ralltiir, and Rydonni Prime. Nearly a full house!

ELL
    286 Week 8 Results
    Coruscant Senators at Denon Demons (3-1)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ralltiir Starkillers (28-6)
    Jakku Junkers at Hapes Consortium Buccaneers (20-5)
    Dac Mariners at Mando’ade Mercs (4-8)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Carratos Pirates (14-11)
    Bakura Miners at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (15-20)

PLL
    286 Week 8 Results
    Onderon Beast Riders at Naboo Ducks (31-26)

Inner Rim Division Standings
    1. Zeltros Athletic (6-2, conf. 3-0)
    2. Bilbringi Durasteelers (6-2, conf. 2-1)
    3. Onderon Beast Riders (4-4, conf. 1-2)
    4. Yag D’hul United (3-5, conf. 0-3)
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

19. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Week Seven Bonus Potential for: Concordia (30), Atzerri (28), Tatooine (28) and Thyferra (30)

Week 7 Results
    Thyferra Force @ Druckenwell Marksmen (13-8)
    Iego Angels @ Atzerri Bandits (1-22)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (21-15)

Tags: Jedi Gunny Vehn galactic-vagabond422 Bardan_Jusik

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar (Thorne) Adama
    Denon

“They’re giving the start to Lightyeer today,” Tela Loni said as the front office personnel settled into the visitor’s box. “His first career start. But I hear that the coaches want to see what Tweed can do despite not practicing with the team.”

“I am surprised that they will let her dress for the game, given that she hasn’t practiced yet,” Briar commented. The team’s recent trade acquisition had come over from Jakku just days earlier, but had not been able to practice with the team yet. Lightyeer had been given the start for today, with the expectation that Tweed would see some game action in her team debut. The gameplan for her would be simple; make plays, and don’t give up the big play.

“What do you expect from her? She can’t possibly replace Mettews,” Mirik Lopaki chipped in.

“But she gives us veteran depth,” Briar replied. “And I would like to see her start next week if possible. I don’t necessarily trust the players we have there right now at the half spot, so she can step in and take over for the next game.”

“We are very fortunate we didn’t have to give up Hudsen or another top prospect for her.”

“Oh, Jakku tried,” Briar said, furrowing her brow. “But I was not going to bite. Those players are our future, and I was not going to budge on that. Fortunately, they were interested in Los and Plabol, and I was able to sell high on Thyferra’s recent run of success in the Futures League. The cash helped.”

“Money always helps,” Tela said.

“Do you intend to re-sign her after the year?” Mirik asked.

“I don’t know yet. First we need to see how she does.”

“Did you make the deal with an extension in mind? Or, do you intend to move on from her after this year?”

“I would like to sign her long-term, to be honest,” Briar said. “But she would likely be a reserve, and I don’t know how she would feel about that.”

“Ms. Alaree will pay the salary if Ms. Tweed is willing to sign for any price,” Tela commented. “Now we need to see if she is worth keeping.”

The game that followed the conversation was the perfect game to evaluate how the new acquisition would fare with the Senators. Neither team could score points due to the stifling defenses on both sides; the halftime score was 0-0. They likely lost quite a few fans’ interests due to the lack of scoring, but the believers in defense likely were drooling at what they saw. Even without Mettews at the half back spot, the Senator defense stiffened and kept the Demons and Li Roy Jinkins at bay.

Buzz Lightyeer, the third-year defender, drew the first ten minutes of game action. After being burned on consecutive plays, he was yanked out of the game in favor of Tweed. The two-time All-Star came into the game and immediately made a bone-crushing hit on a Demons forward. That certainly cleared up any nervousness the new Senator player had in her system.

The Demons finally punched through with a bar point in the second half when Jinkins found space in the matchup against Kelly Vurgess and snuck the ball over the bar for a point. The Senators, now down a point, knew that they had to find an equalizer. That came two possessions later when Hela Montego took on Sugnok Umanh up the middle and won. Not many beings could say they had bested the six or seven-time All-Star full back, but Montego was not an ordinary forward. She was a bruiser at heart, and bullied her way past Umanh for a shot on goal. But she didn’t have a good angle on Ware Vulf, the goaltender for the Demons, and decided to take the good shot. It flew high over Vulf’s paw and tied the game up at 1.

Later on, Bas Wren took a pass out on the wing from Woody Wakes and decided to dribble it around. She found some space, and instead of tucking it and running like she had done in previous games, decided to kick it. The kick wasn’t perfect, but it arced in past the uprights for a point.

The last point came with a few minutes left in the contest. Freya Stormhelm found a crossing Laura Cellen in the middle of the field. Leia Adama acted as the decoy in the pattern, and Cellen pump-faked Eilette Fazz out of position before passing it off to Zuzu Nuun down low for the score. It made the game 3-1.

The Demons made several late pushes to try and even the score or take the lead. But Michonne in goal turned away every attempt, the ice in her veins flowing like a geyser. But she didn’t betray any nerves she may have had, and the defense held its ground. Christine Gamble proved why she had made the All-Star team a franchise-record ten times with two good plays in the final minute to stonewall the Demons and seal the win.

Briar started to sweat in the last ten minutes of the game, and by the time the final horn sounded, she found that her dress shirt was soaked with sweat. She blinked several times to snap herself out of the trance that had overcome her while watching the end of the game. “Early returns on Tweed are good,” she said. The stats had come through, with Tweed having made four tackles and recovering one loose ball. The stats were not that impressive, but the former Junker had made an impression in twenty-one minutes of overall game action. She had shared the right half position with Lightyeer and Meels for the entirety of the game, the coaches deciding to go with a rotation. There was still a long way to go to see how Tweed would do, though, so one game was not going to be the deciding factor in her future with the team.

“On to Nar Shaddaa,” Tela said. “They will want a win against us to break our string of dominance in the series.”

“I am sure the coaches are already aware of that, but if not, I will make sure to remind them of how importance a fifth-straight win would be to our playoff hopes,” Briar said calmly. “And I want to see how Tweed does in practice. Anyone can have one good game in their debut, but will she fit in with the system?”

“What do you expect to get from her?” Mirik asked.

“I expected to get a veteran player who could start and make a difference. She is no Mettews, but she would allow Meels to continue coming off the bench to provide depth instead of being forced to start and leaving us with no real depth. We have Clywd and Plank coming up in the farm system for next year, so I am not going to give Tweed an extension offer right now on the basis of one game. I am going to let her play out the contract and go from there. That expiring deal was the reason why we got her so cheap.”

Now it was on to Six Boroughs to face the Smugglers.

Vehn, Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  21. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Mihal Ceallaigh
    Inky Raven pub, Salis D’aar, Bakura

Mihal picked his way slowly through the packed crowd in the Inky Raven. It was gameday and the Miners’ last road game of the season. After their tilt on Rydonni Prime, they’d return home for the last three games of the season, culminating in a Truce Day match against Hapes.

Today’s game against the conference-leading Monarchs was going to be a season breaker if they lost. An 0-4 conference record alone would likely be too much to come back from.

After years of frustration against the Monarchs, the Miners had gotten back on track against the kings and queens of Ryell. However, this season’s Monarchs looked much different than the past few seasons. For the first time since Vesper Lynd roved the midfield, Rydonni Prime was back on its game.

Mihal had just about arrived at his traditional barstool when he saw someone was sitting on it. Before he could say anything, a bellow came from behind the bar.

“You. Out,” Piper shouted at the current inhabitant.

“I’m still drinking here,” the occupant replied.

“That’s Mihal’s barstool. Get off,” she said. It was clear she was not joking.

“I came here early to get a seat and now there’s barely standing room,” the stubborn sitter said, standing his ground...or rather sitting his ground.

“And I told you if Mihal showed, you were out of luck,” Piper reminded him, though not with any pleasantness. “Guess what? You’re outta luck.”

“Ah, go back to Coruscant,” he dismissed her.

“Son, you have three seconds before I come at you,” Piper said, grabbing a bottle of whiskey. She seemed poised to smash the bottle and come at the interloper with the jagged edges of the whatever was left around the bottle’s neck.

“Yeah, and you’ll get deported quicker than Coruscant loses a playoff game.”

“You don’t get off that barstool and I’ll help her beat your sorry tail into the floor,” the human male on the barstool to the right said, turning from his beer to the squatter, “and then I’ll defend her in court, get her acquitted before the judge so much as blinks at the district attorney, and proceed countersue your hide into the next sector. Now move along because nobody sits if Mihal Ceallaigh stands.”

For the first time the occupant realized that the mood throughout the bar was not favorable to his cause. Without a word, he grabbed his beer and slunk off.

“Now that wasn’t all necessary,” Mihal said.

“You didn’t get that barstool and Yeorg would fire me,” Piper said. “He was not kidding. Sorry for the hassle though.” She slid a pint (that had likely been intended for someone else) in front of Mihal. “And as for you--” she turned to Mihal’s neighbor, “--I had that covered.”

“Ah, have you not met your man here before?” Mihal asked. “That’s just Sydney’s way.”

“I don’t know about Coruscant, but we have a certain respect for traditions on Bakura,” Sydney Talon explained, “and this man--” Sydney clapped Mihal on the shoulder, “--is a tradition in this bar.”

“Well that’s fine of you to say, Sydney. Haven’t seen you much. You’re not working too hard in court these days, are you?”

“You know me. I never go to court,” Sydney said with a smirk. “My cases always settle.”

“Right you are,” Mihal laughed.

“Hey, Senators,” Sydney said, getting Piper’s attention, “he drinks on me today.”

“As long as you tip like he does, you’re the boss, boss,” Piper replied.

“Trust me, I tip better,” Sydney assured her.

“Maybe you tip more, but he gives the widow’s mite,” Piper replied. “Nobody tips better.”

Sydney nodded in understanding. The rich being gave much from his surplus, but the widow gave what little she could from her necessity. Her gift was greater because it was dearer, even if not so large.

“Ach, Sydney, I can’t allow you to do that,” Mihal said.

“This is not a negotiation. And you know me: I’m a closer,” Sydney insisted.

“Well…” Mihal considered, “they say that it is a kindness to let others do a kindness unto you...so who am I to disagree?”

“Now that’s logic I can get behind,” Sydney said with a broad smile.

“You mean logic that carries your point?” Piper interjected.

“That’d be it,” Sydney winked.

“Come on Valerii! Just punch it in!” Sydney shouted at the vidscreen. “Stop dancing around the edge of the field!”

The Monarch defense had been withstanding a Miners assault throughout the second half. Whether it was near misses by the Miners--balls going wide of the net or the uprights--or solid stops on by defenders, they just weren’t putting points on the board. That was a problem given that the Monarchs had the lead.

“If we still had Rodders, this would be a blowout. He could smash it in,” Talon continued.

“You mean if we had 270s Rodders,” Mihal pointed out. “He’s no spring Endorian chicken these days.”

“Why are all chickens from Endor?” Piper interjected. This non-limmie related comment testified to how little she cared about Miners limmie. Then again, it worked out well. A bartender who was watching the game would get distracted and the pints would run dry. That wasn’t good for business, especially during a frustrating game like today when everyone was drinking more.

“Have you ever heard of a chicken from anywhere else?” Piper continued.

Mihal thought. “No, I haven’t.

“So why don’t we say ‘chicken’ instead of ‘Endorian chicken’? It seems simpler.”

“We’ve got to give Endor something,” Mihal said.

“Other than the site of the defeat of the Galactic Empire and Ewoks, you mean,” Piper pointed out.

“Every planet should have at least three things,” Mihal proposed.

“Coruscant: greatest place in the galaxy, greatest limmie team in the galaxy, greatest beings in the galaxy,” Piper offered.

“Bakura: all that stuff you just mentioned,” Mihal contributed.

“Rydonni Prime: most infuriating defense, most aggravating defense, and most annoying defense,” Sydney grumbled.

“Ah, they were about due for a win against us,” Mihal consoled him. “Couldn’t keep them down forever you know.”

“No way the Miners make the playoffs now. 0-4 in the conference. Pathetic,” Sydney said with disgust. “And after having one of the best conference records of the last three seasons. They’re not even getting boloballs through to Antilles today. Never going to win like that.”

“Maybe Cundertol wants to earn a first overall draft pick this time,” Mihal offered helpfully.

“Yeah, there’s a problem with that strategy and it’s called the Bucs,” Sydney said. “They might have skipped this draft, but I bet they’ll want in this season. That team is falling apart.”

“You hear about the stuff with Nalo?” Mihal asked. “Real shame.”

“That’s just not right,” Piper chimed in. “Beings trying to kill a limmie player for speaking her mind?”

“I bet it was Vera Langdon,” Sydney said.

“Now that’s cold,” Piper protested.

“What? She destroyed Kryze just for kneeling down during the national anthem. I totally bet she’d try to blow up Tendra Nalo for threatening the entire Hapan way of life.”

“Bit of an exaggeration,” Mihal said to no one in particular.

“They’re all bounty hunters during the offseason. I bet she’d take the contract,” Sydney said. “It’s not that farfetched.”

“You’ve clearly never dated a Hapan,” Piper said. “They don’t need bounty hunters for that kind of thing. They don’t take breakups well.”

“I’ll give you that one. I have the restraining orders to prove it.”

“Probably taken out against you after they kicked your butt to the curb,” Piper teased.

“You know, there is another possibility,” Mihal offered.

“What? That Nalo’s being hunted by the Sith? Her brother’s a Jedi,” Piper said. “That makes more sense than a Mandalorian hit squad.”

“It wasn’t a hit squad. It was a hit being,” Sydney countered.

“No, not any of that. I mean about the draft. The Bucs might get demoted,” Mihal observed.

“That’d be even worse!” Sydney groaned. “Then we definitely wouldn’t get the first overall pick! It’d go to whoever they brought in automatically!” He stopped and looked at Piper. “Unless you’re Coruscant, of course.”

“That’s not even funny,” Piper said, crossing her arms. “0 and 11. We earned that first overall pick. We earned it.”

“...and the Monarchs put another boloball past Comstock, taking their lead to 5.” the vidscreen announced. “This one might be out of reach now with the way things are going, folks…”

“Now, on the other hand, that’s funny,” Piper pointed out.

TAG: CPL_Macja jcgoble3

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a rainy and windy Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs win again, Crusaders lose their second in a row..."

"That Concordia team is so streaky."

"Yeah they are, let's hope they get things figured out in time for the playoffs."

"No doubt. Speaking of playoffs, the Mercs are back in the driver's seat following a harrowing 8-4 win over the visiting Dac Mariners played in terrible, just terrible weather conditions that seemed to affect both teams, especially on offense."

"Driving rain, 75 to 80 KPH wind gusts. the field was a mess, I'm shocked either team scored as much as they did."

"I'm shocked that both teams came through without injury."

"Well there was that Mor'kesh slip and slide late in the first half, but he seemed to be OK."

"Yeah, he rolled his ankle pretty good, but they taped it back up and though he was a bit hobled, he did OK."

"No points, two turnovers, and just the one assist."

"In a game like that, with only eight points scored for the Mercs? I'll take it."

"OK against an opponent slowed down by rain, wind and mud. How do you think he'll hold together when things get back to full speed next week on Denon?"

"After a full week to heal up?"

"Yeah."

"He'll be fine, a bacta treatment or two and he'll be good to go. He just rolled it, maybe a sprain, nothing seemed broken."

"OK, we'll see. I hope you're right."

"Oh you can book it."

"Right, OK back to this week. The win puts the Mercs back into first place now..."

"For the first time this season."

"...right as teams start down the home stretch jockeying for playoff position."

"Mercs are in a good spot. First place, head to head win over the second and third place teams."

"Still three games to go, and nothing is locked up yet."

"Remember that fourth place team, the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...have the head to head advantage over us after their week one win against the Mercs."

"I really hate those guys."

"Just drives home the point, nothing is set in stone, and you really have a strill fight between four teams vying for just three playoff spots."

"Right, and just because the Mercs control their own destiny doesn't mean they are going to retain first place and the first round bye, much less make the playoffs."

"In a game where things seemingly happen at random sometimes..."

"Especially with the scores most weeks."

"...I think we all know that anything can happen."

"Fun fact regarding strange happenings, this win also means the Mercs have never lost to the Dac Mariners, regular season or playoffs."

"Yeah I heard that during the holo-cast."

"Three and oh over the past three regular seasons now and two and oh in the playoffs."

"Either Kor'le knows something the rest of the league doesn't, or the Mercs just match up with them really well, because Dac is playing well against just about everybody else."

"Five and three over all this season."

"So five and two if we discount the Mercs game."

"Right... Five and six overall last season, so a losing record that year though they made the playoffs still as a three seed."

"That means they still played .500 ball against the rest of the league, not great, but not bad."

"They won their first round playoff game too remember, against a really good Pirates team."

"That's right, that's right. Then they lost a close one..."

"By just a point"

"...to us in the conference finals."

"Two years ago the Mariners were... seven and four?"

"Wow, that can't be right."

"Yup, seven and four. They were four and one in conference, with that only loss being to the Mercs in the final week of the season."

"I remember that game, we dominated that game."

"We did. Then we went on to face them in the playoffs manhandling them again after they had a first round bye."

"So that's...oh and five against us and..."

"17 and ten against the rest of the league, as of right now."

"Right, three games to go on the season and anything can happen, but man."

"Don't get cocky yet though, if things hold out they could meet again in this year's playoffs, and given that record, there is no team that would rather beat us in the playoffs than the Dac Mariners..."

"Well, maybe the Miners."

"Ha!"

TAG: No one, shabla NPC teams.

23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Inside source at the ELL say that the league has opened an investigation into the conduct of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers' conduct regarding Tendra Nalo
    • Source claims that the players union has pushed the League hard on this since attempts were allegedly made on Nalo's life in the wake of her comments regarding the gender policies of the Buccaneers, which the League has supported as being within their rights
    • Source says that the investigation is "hamstringed" by lacking legal authority to make full inquiries
      • The Hapes Consortium is an independent government that is not beholden to anything beyond the Queen Mother and its internal law
      • Hopes of a full investigation are slim
    • Source says that the Membership Committee of the Board of Governors have been asked to draw up a list of teams to watch for promotion
      • No reason has been given, but speculation inside ELL is that Lokensgaard wants options if he removes the Bucs from the League
      • However, League officials are reportedly frustrated with the slow growth of the market on Jakku
    • League refuses to comment on any "rumors"
    TAG: Darth_Elu jcgoble3

24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I stood alone at the spaceport. The Starkillers had left 20 minutes ago for Dac. It had been a miserable week. After the disappointing loss to Nar Shaddaa Jimsey had come down with a fever and I had a date in court with my Uncle in the morning. I needed a mood boost. The caf shop didn’t have anything I wanted, I didn’t feel like soup or custard either. I thought about going home for a swim or maybe even a nighttime jog. I was watching the patrons leave and arrive all in a bustle. I saw a woman get off a shuttle with dark glasses. She had a pup on leash. A fine looking pup.

The pup was an interesting choice. Most beings with disabilities traveled with droids. I didn’t think of that at the time. Suddenly I realized what I needed to cheer me up was a pup. Besides I’d promised Jimsey one nearly a year ago. Then Shannon came along and we never discussed it again. It had been unfair. I quickly made my way to the exit and out to my speeder. I set the automated course to the nearest animal shelter. When I arrived I opened the case in my armrest and pulled down a mirror. I tried on every pair of glasses I had with me. I wanted to go unrecognized, but I also wanted to look like someone who cared for animals.

I decided on a pair with light blue frames. I threw on a UTA hat that was probably not the best choice and hopped out of the speeder. I walked in and inquired about a mid-sized pup. “One who likes to run, maybe.” I added.

The girl behind the desk was young and had thicker glasses than I did. I wans’t sure if she didn’t recognize me or if she just couldn’t make out my features well enough to recognize me. “I have a couple of pups you should meet,” she said enthusiastically. “When are you thinking of adopting?”

“Well today,” I answered.

“Lots of people say that,” she said with a laugh. “We encourage you to meet the animals, go home think it over and come back when you’re ready. We hate for people to make rash decisions and bring the animals back.”

“Does that happen?” I asked a little shocked. I’d never owned a pet of any kind, but I’d wanted one my whole life. There was no way I’d bring back a pup.

“The girl began to explain the expenses and responsibilities of having a pup. I wasn’t worried about vet fees or food costs and I had droids that could clean up after it. I followed the girl through a maze of cages into a room where a few pups where running around on fake turf. One immediately ran towards us.

[​IMG]

I knelt down and she sniffed my hands, then she licked my face. “That’s Gabriel,” I was informed. “She’s about 2 years old we think. She was hit by a speeder and found on the side of a road. Her injuries healed nicely.”

“So she’s full grown?” I asked. I really didn’t know anything about pups. “She’s very friendly,” I added. “How come no one’s adopted her?”

“She’s been recovering for a while. We just started letting her play with the other pups this week. It’s why she’s so eager to come say hello. The others. They know better, they know you are probably never coming back.”

“I’m not coming back,” I said. “I’ll take Gabriel and I’ll take her now. You need me to fill out some forms or something?”

“I’ll get my supervisor.”

The supervisor wasn’t a Limmie fan either. She recognized my name on the form. “Vigo, are you related to that dancer?”

“My mother was a dancer,” I answered.

“Lucie Vigo,” she’s not old enough to be your mother. “At least I don’t think. She’s amazing. Maybe your cousins?”

I bit my tongue. “Maybe,” I said as I continued to fill out the forms.

“There’s a pet store down the block. You’ll need to buy a leash and a few basic necessities. You come back with this list, she said handing me a sheet of flimsy and we’ll let you take Gabriel home.”

I took the list and walked down the block. I grabbed a cart and filled it with items. Toys, three leashes, food bowls, food, brushes, bows, a couple outfits, a pup pillow and bed. When I got back the girl at the counter was surprised. “I thought you changed your mind.”

“Why would you think that?”

“Well you were gone a long time.”

“I was just purchasing some items to make Gabriel feel at home. It’s all out in my speeder if you want to take a look. Here’s the leash, food, bowls and collar,” I said holding up a bag.

“I’ll go get Gabriel,” she said walking back behind a door.

She came out with the pup in her arms. She gave the pup one last squeeze. “I’ll miss you Gabby,” she said.

“Don’t worry,” I said reaching out my hands. “She’ll be well taken care of.”

“Bye,” the girl called waving.

I put Gabriel in the passenger seat and drove home a much happier man. “Jimsey,” I called walking in the front door.

“Yea, Dad?” His voice called.

“I got you somethin’.”

Gabriel began to bark at nothing in particular.

“Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh,” Jimsey exclaimed as he ran down the stairs. Jimsey immediately greeted his new pup.

I made my way to the kitchen where I knew I’d find Ryan. “You did not get a pup,” he said flatly as I walked in and kissed his cheek.

“Yes I did.” I stated happily.

“Rich, what do you need a pup for?”

“It’s for Jimsey.”

“The hell it is,” he said lightheartedly. Shannon sat in her highchair just behind me. Ryan stepped closer and put his arms around me. “If you wanted some cheering up, I could have taken care of that,” he starts.

His touch feels good. I reach over and open the kitchen door. “Jimsey,” I call. “Come watch your sister.”

Jimsey obediently came right to the kitchen. “What Dad?”

“Your father and I will be right back,” I said taking Ryan’s hand. “Watch your sister.”

The next morning came too quickly. It was freezing, but I needed the run to clear my mind. The hot shower and caf that followed were pure bliss. As I stepped out of my speeder in front of the courthouse I brushed pup hair off my suit. It felt good to walk into a court room again. “Mr. Vigo,” the judge began as soon as the formalities were over. “Please go over the charges.”

“Jim Vigo,” I said indicating my uncle. “Has harassed myself and other family members. He’s caused damage to personal property and most recently instigated a disturbance at Financial Square before assaulting one of my security officers. It is my assessment that he will continue to cause a disturbance for me and others on this planet if he is not properly disciplined.”

“Hold up Mr. Vigo,” the judge said putting up a hand. “You’re taking up my time when it sounds to me like you should have just walked into your local precinct and filed for a restraining order.”

“With all due respect Sir. This man didn’t just harass me and my family. He damaged my speeder.” I pulled up a holo and presented it to the bench. “He also assaulted a security officer,” I said as I brought up the now viral video of my Uncle shoving a security officer at the Starkillers game two weeks ago. “He’s a danger to society.”

“So you want me to throw your Uncle in jail?”

“No sir. I believe in second chances. Probation should do and a fine. I’d like the funds he pays to go to underprivileged children.”

“Your nephew sounds like a reasonable man,” the judge said turning to my Uncle. “Why don’t you tell me your side of the story?”

My Uncle told the judge he was concerned about the Starkillers. He told the judge he’d only done what he had done to protect them. Luckily the judge had read my new contracts and was up to date on the story. I thought he was about to sentence my Uncle and let us go on with our lives.

“Mr. Vigo,” the judge continued turning to me. “What you need to be concerned about is getting the Starkillers back into the play-offs. This team’s been an embarrassment since you took over. Two Galactic Cups and now all we do is miss the play-offs completely. You want justice?”

I looked at him with a cold silence. I wasn’t going to fall prey to his prompts.

“Mr. Vigo your Uncle clearly needs to learn how to control his temper. He needs to know how to appropriately get his message across without breaking the law.” While the judge said this he addressed my Uncle. “I’m putting you on probation Jim Vigo. But there’s a catch,” he said turning to me. “If the Starkillers only play three more games this season the probation ends in three weeks. If the Starkillers make the play-offs the probation is extended to a six month term. If you make it to the Final Mr. Vigo your Uncle will pay a maximum fine I’ll have the credits go to any charity you want. You miss the play-offs again and all he pays are court fees. Case dismissed.”

Tag: @ no one

Trieste, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"I'll start with the one everyone is talking about, University of Tatooine, Anchorhead is crushed in a massive upset 36-2 in a game that no one saw them losing to Cloud City University."

"They looked awful in that game, just awful."

"The College of Deredith & Millicent has been living dangerously at the low end of the Top 25, but look for them to drop out of the rankings after getting creamed by Bakura Fleet 25-5

"And the University of Zeltros is back on track, winning 14-10 over Yah'dhul A&M."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

HSN Top 25 rankings after Week Eight

1. Chandrila A&M University
    2. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    3. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    4. Dac State University
    5. UB Telaan Valley
    6. University of Csilla
    7. University of Zeltros
    8. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    9. Norand University, Carratos
    10. University of Devaron
    11. UB Salis D'aar
    12. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    13. University of Shili
    14. Druckenwell Technical University