main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Concordia (30), Thyferra (28), Druckenwell (28)

LFL Play - Offs

Semi Finals
    (3) Concordia Crusaders @ (2) Thyferra Force (2-0)
    (5) Druckenwell Marksmen @ (1) Iego Angels (27-6)

Finals
    (5) Druckenwell Marksmen vs (3) Concordia Cursaders

Tags Bardan_Jusik Jedi Gunny Vehn (LFL Final score will be posted early evening or late afternoon Eastern Time next Saturday I have an engagement EARLY Sunday and won't be staying up late to post scores ;) )

jcgoble3, Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste publicly comments on the 286 college limmie season.
      • “The conference went 3-1 in postseason play. While I would have loved to see the Pioneers in this year’s Final, this was a major step forward for us.”
      • “I’m sure that the ELL teams are going to take note of how the Bak10 performed this year. I think our players will be some of the most sought after talent in the draft.”
      • When asked about the fact that several Bak10 draftees are ranked in the bottom third of their position: “That’s just HSN’s core-ward bias coming out. They’ve never taken our conference seriously. Yet Beks Bloom is part of why the Mercs are going back to a third straight Final. ELL teams ignore Bak10 players at their own peril.”
    • HSN analyst: “Kerry Trieste got almost everything she wanted this season and she still finds something to complain about? She is impossible.”
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IMPORTANT GM CORRECTION

I realized this afternoon I incorrectly designated the home and away teams for the Galactic Cup Final. The Monarchs have the home team distinction by virtue of the Commissioner's Trophy. The game's score will be reported as follows:

130th Galactic Cup Final
    Marte Nalo Field, Eusebus, Euceron
    (1) Mando’ade Mercs vs. (1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja

Vehn, Runjedirun, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC
    Via HSN

“Welcome to a special edition of Limmie Tonight preempting our regular programming,” the Devaronian anchor told an audience of quadrillions throughout the galaxy, “We are awaiting the start of a press conference on Bakura. Live on the scene is our own Anastasia Amanola. Anastasia, what do we know about today’s press conference?”

“Hi Jerrick,” Amanola, an Ithorian, said as the feed switched to a split screen. Behind the Ithorian’s large head were rows of chairs with reporters facing an empty podium with a blue backdrop and Miner logos patterned across it. “The truth is we don’t know what today’s conference is going to be about. It’s the late morning here in Salis D’aar. My sources inside the Miners front offices say that this press conference was called by, quote, ‘the highest levels of the organization,’ first thing today, but that’s it.”

“So this could be big?” Jerrick the anchor asked.

“Here’s what I’ll say about that: you don’t go to this much trouble for something small. I think it’s going to be big.”

“Anastasia, what’s the sense you’re getting in the room? Is it that the Miners have everyone in line and nobody’s talking or do beings really not know?”

“It’s the latter,” Anastasia confirmed. “I’ve had members of the organization, beings with whom I’ve had a long professional relationship tell me straight up they don’t know what’s going on today. In fact, there’s a little bit of tension running through the office because of it.”

“What’s on the table? What could this announcement be?”

“Good question, and one a lot of beings here on Bakura have been asking. We’ve heard all sorts of speculation. Quinn Cundertol has always served on an at-will contract, which means both he or the Miners can walk away from it at any time. Cundertol’s been the GM on Bakura for 17 years and has been incredibly successful, going to six Finals, but it’s entirely possible he could be walking away from it.”

“Given that the Miners underperformed after three straight Finals and finished last in the Solo Conference in 286, could we hear that Gaeriel Valerii is no longer the head coach?”

“I sincerely doubt that. The Miners have historically believed in the sanctity of contracts. Quinn Cundertol wanted to fire John Talley back in 270 when he took the helm and Kerry Trieste vetoed the move since Talley had a year left on his contract,” Anastasia said. “If they fired Valerii with two years on her contract, especially given everything she’s done for the team--five combined championships as a player and a coach--that would be very much out of type.”

“Kerry Trieste no longer owns the Miners, though,” Jerrick pointed out.

“Correct, but I still think it’s improbable that Valerii’s getting the boot today.”

“Anastasia, give us your best guess what we’re going to hear.”

“Best guess? I think Cuth Hulu’s going to finally get an ELL head coaching job. The Miners promoted him to associate coach a few seasons back in recognition of the outstanding work that he does. I personally do not understand why a coach of such obvious talent hasn’t been recruited by another team. The Miners are a team who would send him off in--” Anastasia stopped talking and looked off camera.

“Anastasia, are you getting something new?” Jerrick asked.

“Yes, I’m being told...yes, I’m being told that a closed door meeting of the organization has just let out. Who was there?...I’m being told it was front office staff, players, coaches, everyone. I mean, I think the guy who puts the cheese on the nachos was there….Wait, my producers aren’t sure they sell nachos at Bakura Gardens….And now we’re getting word that the press conference is about to begin and they’re asking us to take our seats.”

“Thanks Anastasia, we’ll catch up with you after.”

The feed from Bakura zoomed in to focus on a door that slid open. Through it stepped Chairwoman Regan Eldred, General Manager Quinn Cundertol, Head Coach Gaeriel Valerii, and player-owner Falene Trieste. Flashes from cameras popped, capturing the entry. The snaps from the lights and shutters were the only noise in the room as everyone waited to see who stepped up to the podium.

“Good morning,” Falene Trieste said. “Thank you for gathering on short notice, and for your patience as you awaited the conclusion of an organization-only meeting that took place down the hall. I felt it was appropriate that the beings who play and work for the Miners be the first to hear today’s announcement and have the opportunity to have their questions answered before it was released to the general public.

“This morning, I informed Quinn Cundertol that I will not sign a new contract with the Bakura Miners. It has been my pleasure and honor to spend the last 13 years of my life as a Miner. It was my privilege to represent my homeworld in four Galactic Cup Finals and to bring two of them back to Bakura. I have played with some of the greatest talents of my generation. They all know how much I have valued our camaraderie and I will refrain from naming them not out of disrespect, but because I know I would fail to remember everyone. It has been my privilege to play under a future Hall of Famer.” Falene turned to look over her shoulder at Valerii and smile. Beneath the feed was the headline Falene Trieste not returning to the Miners. “Coach, you brought out the best in all of us, but in me especially.

“When I became owner of the Miners, my mother gave me two pieces of advice. The first was to enjoy owning the greatest limmie franchise in the galaxy. The second was to make sure I stayed out of Quinn Cundertol’s way and let him do his job.” The room chuckled and even the stoic Cundertol’s mouth turned up into something resembling a smile. “I’d like to think I’ve followed her first piece of advice, but I know I’ve done the second. Quinn--I remember the day I walked into your office and signed my entry-level contract. It remains one of the greatest days of my life. You have done so much for the Miners and for me. Much to the chagrin of the rest of the League, I firmly believe your name will be long remembered in the ELL.

“There was one duty I could not fulfill, however, which was serving as Chairwoman of the team. I could not act as owner and be a player at the same time. My Aunt Regan stepped into the breach and her service as Chair has been flawless and impeccable. She weathered a labor strike and presided over four Finals appearances and a championship. Aunt Regan--” Here Falene looked at the Supreme Court Justice, “--whether it is the Supreme Court or the Board of Governors, you have consistently brought fairness, prudence, and moral leadership wherever you have gone. You enabled me to be a player and I never once doubted that the Miners were in the best of hands.

“Everyone who has touched my life with the Miners has done so profoundly, even if in passing. I would not be here without them and they have my undying thanks. It makes it so much the harder for me to announce my retirement from the sport of limmie.”

As lightbulbs flashed, the HSN banner changed to Falene Trieste retires at 35. A rotating series of subheadlines reminded viewers that Trieste is a two-time Galactic Cup Champion, Trieste won a GCAA championship with PCNS, and Trieste has been player-owner of the Miners since 256.

“Though my heart is heavy at leaving behind a sport I have loved,” Falene continued, “limmie was never my life’s goal. I walked onto the team at the Prytis College of Natural Sciences and that began a wild ride. There has always been a part of me that has wanted something else. It is why I founded the Adventurers Club. Since then I was privileged to be part of the reintroduction of the Kurtzen to Bakura, work to which I remain firmly committed.

“But the stars still call me. I know now it is my destiny to spend the rest of my life exploring them, enhancing our knowledge of the galaxy and the universe. It is why I can no longer devote my life to limmie.”

Falene paused and looked down for a moment before returning her gaze to the gaggle of reporters before her.

“It is also why, last night, I resigned my duties as Taoiseach of the Noble House of Trieste.”

Everyone knew what this meant, including the techs back at HSN central. The banner below her changed to Falene Trieste retires, resigns ownership of Miners. The flurry of camera flashes was even more blinding than before. These reporters knew they were present for the transition of power for one of the galaxy’s oldest professional limmie teams.

“It is my pleasure to introduce the new owner of the Miners,” Falene said, “the eleventh Taoiseach of the Noble House of Trieste, my brother, Declan Trieste.”

The man himself stepped through the same door the others had passed through minutes earlier, holding the hand of his wife, Ayn. They let go of each other so Ayn could take a place next to her aunt in-law, Regan, as Declan stepped forward to shake hands with his sister, a moment captured for posterity by dozens of cameras. Falene stepped back from the podium, ceding it, and the team, to her brother.

“Well...” Declan said as he looked out at the press, “...if you’re surprised by this, that makes two of us.” The room laughed. “Honestly, I never thought that I would have the privilege of owning the Miners. This is a great and profound responsibility, one of many I now undertake as Taoiseach, in addition to those I have promised to the beings of Telaan Valley.

“I have been a Miners fan my entire life. One of my earliest memories was the improbable 252 victory against the Chandrila Patriots. I grew up with this team, at these games. I have not missed a Miners game in my life. That is not hyperbole. I have been at every game they have played since my birth. This team is woven into the fabric of my life, as it is in innumerable ways for millions of Bakurans.

“To my fellow fans, know this: I understand the weight of your expectations. I share them myself. You demand excellence every season. I do as well. You expect this team to play to a higher potential than we did last season. So do I. We will share in our joys, and with luck they will be more than our sorrows.

“In inheriting this team, I inherit one of the most stable foundations in all of limmie. I have full faith and confidence in Quinn Cundertol and the front office, in Gaeriel Valerii and the coaching staff, and in our roster, which I think only needs a few supplements for the coming season. What we have here is a good thing and I believe my mother’s advice to Falene still holds: I am not here to meddle in the operations of this team. Quinn is the best GM in the League and I have made it a point in my life to trust the experts. Indeed, my responsibilities in the Valley prevent me from being involved in the day-to-day activities of the team.

“I would like to thank my Aunt Regan for her service as Chairwoman. As Falene said, she has been a steady hand on the controls of this team at the highest levels and we have seen great success thanks to her leadership. However, I will now assume the Chairmanship of the Miners, including representing the team at Board of Governors meetings and service on associated committees at the League level.

“I will now be happy to take a few questions.”

“Governor, what is your number one priority as Chairman?”

“Winning the Galactic Cup in 287,” Declan said without hesitation.

“How about on a more tactical level?”

“Enabling Quinn to put a roster in place that’s going to win us the Cup,” he replied with equal immediacy.

“Will that include bringing in a new Center Half Back to replace your sister?”

“That’s a personnel question and that’s Quinn’s domain. I trust if there’s a way I can help him do that, then he’ll tell me. However, I trust that we will get the best talent available at the Draft for our needs and evaluate the state of the free agent market. Over there.”

“Governor, why are you choosing to serve directly as Chairman?”

“This team has been entrusted to me as Taoiseach of the Noble House. Falene could not serve as Chairwoman for professional reasons. I do not have the same conflicts. My grandfather served as Chairman. My mother served as Chairwoman. I take my place in that tradition,” Declan said. “One more.”

“Do you have any priorities at the Board of Governors level?”

“I have a holoconference scheduled with the Commissioner for a formal discussion of business pending before the Board for later this week. I’ll also be meeting via holoconference with each of my fellow Board members to introduce myself. I believe it is in the interest of the players, fans, and League that I work closely with the entire Board in making the sport the best it can be. Thank you very much.” Declan stepped away from the podium and headed with the Miners brass back the way they came.

“And there you have it--suddenly, without warning, the Bakura Miners are in new hands,” Jerrick said. “Anastasia, can you explain what just happened?”

“Yes. The materials we’re being provided with from the Miners state that the team is held in what is essentially a very complicated trust under Bakuran law. The Trieste family has most of its large holdings in this trust, which is administered by one person, called the...and I think I’m pronouncing this correctly, ‘Taoiseach.’” The Ithorian rolled through the word correctly using the syllables tee-shock. “Each Taoiseach names their own successor and transfers control of the trust to them. The Taoiseach is responsible for all assets in the trust, including making distributions to family members, organizations, and other causes. The Miners are reportedly the largest single asset of the Trieste family’s trust, but they have not disclosed tax records since 275, when Kerry Trieste was Supreme Chancellor, so we don’t know if that’s still true or what the overall value of the franchise or the family holdings are.”

“What just happens here sounds like a fait accompli. Usually ownership changes require Board of Governors approval.”

“Because the Miners are held officially by the trust and the executor of the trust is the only thing that has changed, no Board of Governors approval is needed as there is not new ownership,” Anastasia explained. “At least that’s what the Miners are telling us today. They say that this process has taken place twice: once when Kerry Trieste became Taoiseach and once when Falene took over for her. There was no Board of Governors activity at those times to approve these moves.”

“Anastasia, what can we tell our viewers about Declan Trieste? They might know his family, but they probably don’t know him.”

“Well Jerrick…”

Me approved
    Name: Declan Trieste
    Species: Human [Bakuran]
    Birth Year: 249 ABY
    Physical appearance: Tall and thin with icy eyes, high cheekbones, fair skin, and dark hair
    [​IMG]
    Homeworld: Bakura
    Relation to Team: Owner & Chairman
    Brief Biography: In 276, newly-elected Senator Declan Trieste was crushed when his mother made his sister Falene Taoiseach of the Noble House of Trieste. For the young politician looking to make his mark as the next great statesman of the Noble House, it was a public embarrassment to have his younger sister chosen over him.

Now, eleven years later, he has what he always wanted: wealth, the power that comes with it, and the leadership of one of the great old Houses of Bakura. He has the Miners, one of the galaxy’s most prominent sports franchises at his beck and call. On top of it all, he is the Governor of Telaan Valley, one of Bakura’s 32 counties (the largest administrative unit short of the planet-wide federal government).

Declan has spent his entire life in the public eye to some degree, born to an aspiring Senator, coming of age in the Executive Mansion at Marian Square, becoming a man in the shadow of the Galactic Senate, and now a politician in his own right on his homeworld. Now an entire galaxy of sports fans knows his name and will associate the Miners victories and defeats with him.

He now plays both politics and limmie: the galaxy’s most dangerous games.

Runjedirun, Darth_Elu, Vehn and 2 others like this.
  5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    IC: Briar (Thorne) Adama
    Senator HQ

The knock on her door had not been expected. “Come in,” Briar said as she hastily put the items in her hand aside. She had not been expecting someone to call at this very moment, so her hesitation was warranted. After all, she did not get many calls such as this so soon after the end of the season.

The door to her office opened, and Kyril Lopaki, the team’s head coach, came in. “Kyril, good to see you,” Briar said. “What can I help you with?”

“I need a few moments of your time,” the man said.

“Take a seat, then.” Kyril sat down across from Briar’s desk. “What do you have for me?”

“I’m retiring from being the head coach of the team,” Kyril said, not wasting any time for pleasantries. He always had a knack to say things expediently, so Briar was not left wondering what the point of the visit was.

“Kyril, I hope you have a good reason for stepping down. We were so close this year to the Finals.”

“I know, but Mirik and I talked it over, and . . . it’s just time to leave.”

“Something else is going on here. What’s on your mind?”

“I’ve been having some medical issues the past two seasons. I think the stress of coaching has gotten to me, and I’m worried about my long-term health. Nothing too major, at least not yet, but my doctor agrees that retirement would be best for me at this point.”

“I see,” Briar said, leaning back in her chair. “I don’t need to ask you for a doctor’s note or anything, but this is indeed troubling. What did you not bring this to me earlier?”

“I wanted to finish the season. But the playoff game was enough stress that I could tell it was time to hang up the clipboard,” Kyril said. “I’m not getting any younger.”

“Health always comes first, Kyril. I am disappointed that it had to come to this, and that you did not bring this up to me earlier, but I have no choice in the matter. It’s your life and the health of your family, not mine. I cannot tell you how to live.”

“You have no idea how awful I feel about this,” Kyril said.

“Have you mentioned this to the team yet, or to Ms. Alaree?”

“Not yet. I wanted you to know first so that you could have some time to process the need to find a new head coach.”

“The team won’t be happy,” Briar remarked. “You got them to two straight Conference Finals. That’s farther than most Senator teams have gotten to the Finals since a rather-furry individual was working my job.”

“Gark is a good coach. He knows what he’s doing; if anything, I’d nominate him as the new coach,” Kyril said. “He’s been here before, and can lead this team when I cannot.”

“I don’t think he will be able to take over your job. There is an unspoken agreement between he and his wife that he will not be head coach for this franchise, at least not while working as the Team President.”

“Then I’ve really burdened you to find a new coach.”

“At least you came to me with this now. Had you done so in three months, right before the Draft, I would have been in much deeper waters.”

“I’m sorry for all this. I wish I could stay another few years, but it’s not worth the risk.”

“I understand. You are doing the right thing, Kyril.”

When the former head coach left her office a few minutes later, Briar let out a huge sigh. It was not a relieved sigh; now she not only had to pick up the pieces after the narrow playoff loss and attempt to reassemble them into a team that could get over the playoff hurdle for 287, but now she had to find a new coach to lead her team on the field. That would require quite a bit of thought, and it was not the best time to start the coaching search. Her job had just gotten more difficult.

Then there was the difficulty with Ms. Alaree, the team owner. The young Corellian heiress was frustrated at the inability of her team to make it to the Final. Since she had purchased the team four years earlier, the Senators had made it to the Conference Finals three times, and yet had failed to win that game. Though she had not mentioned it in their meeting, Briar could sense that Alaree was hinting at potentially changing GMs if Briar could not provide a team in the near future that would break through the deadlock and get to the Cup Final. Briar had been the GM of the Senators for seven seasons, and had never thought in her early years with the team that she would be so easily replaced. But ownership was much more fickle now than it had been under the Andromeda Corporation, at least before 282. If she couldn’t deliver in the next few seasons, she was likely going to be shown the door.

Once the news broke that Kyril was retiring effective immediately, there was another headache to deal with. The players were shocked and confused that their coach was retiring. Leia Adama, the longtime captain, went on record saying that she had not seen any indication that Kyril had been in any sort of anguish during the four seasons that he had been the team’s coach. “It’s going to be hard to replace him,” the captain admitted.

Another fallout effect came in the form of the frequent requests for interviews that media members had. The Senators were a big-market organization, and thus a coaching change was big news for them. Briar turned down all the requests in the same manner, saying that she did not want to comment at the present time. She had nothing to say; she had yet to convene a search committee to discuss who to hire as coach. Even though she had the power to make the decision herself, she wanted to consult her closest associates before making a choice. But Tela was gone on a scouting trip, Mirik was dealing with the repercussions of her husband’s retirement, Adanna was still in the Consortium, and some of the others were on vacation for a few weeks while they had time off. So she was in a bind.

That left her with team personnel decisions. Selene Bondi, a reserve corner back, had decided to test the free agent market after the expiration of her rookie deal. Zuzu Nuun was contemplating retirement due to the myriad of injuries that had marred her the past few seasons and had turned her from an everyday star into a barely-passable forward. The contracts for Woody Wakes, Buzz Lightyeer, Wahay Contar, Aaltoides Minte, Oola Ban, Jella Tweed, Grace Organa, Maddy Swann, Canni Mallonn, Natasha Ehlers, Laura Cellen, Lisha Larring, and Kran Borgas were all up, and it was her discretion whether those players would return or not. Zeus Syndulla figured to garner a huge deal now that his rookie contract had ended. Rowdy Roosey had publicly stated that she was interested in returning to the ring as a professional fighter at some point. Maddy Swann had expressed some desire to return to her native Hapes to play for the C-Bucs, regardless of the controversy going on there. Jamee Meels looked to be on his way out after talk of retirement, though if he got cut it wouldn’t be a huge loss either.

Then there was the Draft. The team currently did not have many holes to fill, but if players left, that could change things. There would be some Thyferra prospects called up for training camp, but it all depended on who would not dress for the franchise the next season. There was a slight possibility that she would have to replace at least one-third of the roster, which would make the Draft critical to hit on. Currently the Senators would select fourth in the Draft order, so they could probably find an impact player in the first round. After that would be a crap-shoot as always.

“After Coach left, I told myself I want to try my luck on the open market,” Aaltoides Minte said to Briar the next day. He was out the door without a contract.

Natasha Ehlers had little value after not coming through the past few seasons as a reserve as she had the prior few years. As much as Briar believed in the forward, she was not sure of what the former spark-plug could provide her. After talking with Ehlers, Briar could tell that there was no common ground anymore. She ended up signing Ehlers and flipping her rights to Imperial Bastion LC in the Premier League for cash considerations or a player to be named later.

“I’ve got a pretty lucrative series of fights coming up,” Rowdy said to Briar in the meeting.

“And you cannot play next season as a result?”

“The fights would be worth a lot more than what I would earn here. But I would be open to coming back at a later point to continue my career.” There went Roosey, the utility forward. Hela Montego would likely be unimpressed that her fellow enforcer was leaving the roster.

“I am going to retire,” Zuzu Nuun said. “Injuries.” The 280 Ingbrand winner was walking away from the team.

Jella Tweed was adamant about having the opportunity to start the next season. Briar could not offer the one-time Jakku player that chance, as she had Eddie Munster and Klay Mettews entrenched in the half back line and was waiting on Canni Mallonn to get back to her on a contract offer. Tweed left her meeting without a contract, but didn’t file for free agency either. It was apparent she wanted to stick around if possible, but would try to do so on her own terms instead of letting Briar play her.

Laura Cellen, the assistant captain the past season, was another player to leave the team. She had majored in Holo Studies and Journalism in her days at GVSU, and had taken an offer to work for a major HSN affiliate in the Core. She had put in nine good years for the Senators, and she was good friends with Leia Adama. Losing her made things worse.

The longer the process went on, the more Briar could tell that the team was falling apart in front of her. Lots of players were unsure if they wanted to stick around given the impending coaching change, and she had already fielded a call from another professional team about the availability of the Senators’ star players in case they were thinking of leaving as well. Briar had done everything she could to keep those players locked into long-term deals, but if they truly wanted out, that was their business.

In the playoffs, she had seen a team with a ton of potential. Now she was staring at the hulk of a team, most of its stars intact but its bench unit gutted. There would be enough players to put out a good starting lineup if no one else left, but the bench in 287 looked to be questionable at best unless new talent came in. That would be the big challenge for Briar Adama in the coming offseason.

TAG: No One.

I was toying around with the idea of Kyril retiring due to medical reasons after Gary Kubiak retired for the same reason this past offseason in the NFL.

Darth_Elu and Trieste like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory..."

"Playoff victory!"

"...afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Mercs are back in the Galactic Cup Finals!"

"We want the cup!"

"We want the cup!"

"I know, I know. Crazy isn't it?"

"It's...stunning. I'm stunned."

"Mercs back in the finals for the third year in a row now, vying for that chance at actually winning a third straight Galactic Cup, something that I don't think has ever happened."

"Not in the modern era, I'd have to go back and check out some really old box scores to find a threepeat champion."

"Just getting to the Finals three times in a row is tough enough..."

"Yeah just ask the Miners."

"...but to have a chance at winning three in a row? I'm just floored right now."

"Give a lot of credit to the players and that coaching staff. They are up and ready to go every week."

"Give some credit too to the front officer that built this team, what a juggernaught!"

"Going for their third Cup in three years, and fourth Cup in eight. Vizsla has turned this team into the envy of the league."

"I know we're all celebrating..."

"We should be, this is great!"

"...but the Mercs do have to get past a really tough Monarchs team first before hoisting the trophy."

"They do, they do. And I get that. Nothing has been won yet, I'm just trying to enjoy this while I can, because win or lose this really is a once in a life time kind of thing we're witnessing."

"But the Monarchs."

"They're going to have their say in who wins this thing, and are the only team standing in the way of history now. And I have to tell ya, if the Mercs do pull this off, they will have earned it because that team from Rydonni Prime, they're pretty shabla good."

"Commissioner's Cup winners this season, second best defense in the league this season, best point differential. They are a fantastic team, and though I haven't checked because i don;t condone gambling..."

"Uh huh."

"...I wouldn't be surprised if the oddsmakers have them as the favorites."

"They're that good huh?"

"Yeah, they really are. Their offense is middle of the pack, but they can sneak up on you and put up a thirty spot for a game from out of no where. Their defense is airtight, and they have good coaching on both sides of the ball. They will be a tough out for the Mercs."

"Mercs beat them in the regular season."

"You know as well as I do that you throw out the regular season results when it comes time for the playoffs. Besides that was a week 2 game that the Mercs had to have after a stinker of a season opener, and it ended up being a close game shootout that the Mercs barely won."

"Think this will be a shootout too?"

"I think if it is then it favors the Mercs, if this becomes a defensive slugfest..."

"Which you actually prefer."

"...then I think. Yeah I do. But if it does, then I think the Monarchs have the advantage with that stellar defense of theirs."

"OK. We'll be talking about this game all week, but let's talk a bit about how the Mercs got here, with a big win over that team from Nal Hutta's moon."

"I'll tell ya, that game should have been a lot closer than the 26-5 final score that we got. Stargazer was on fire!"

"Over 30 saves for her in the game, which when you look at the score."

"Yeah, the Smugglers forwards were beating the Mercs 'backs all game long, they just had trouble getting anything past Stargazer though."

"I think she was just mad that Shady spat in Roc's face as the game got started."

"She did more than that, cutting through the defensive backs like they weren't even there all night long..."

"I thought she broke Mynus' ankles on that one play..."

"The one early in the second half?"

"Yeah...she faked him out of his jock and then spun for that open shot, but Stagazer came out of no where and blocked it."

"Mynus actually was injured on that shot, he played out the rest of the game but the Mercs front office announced an hour ago that he has a hammy injury and is questionable for the Galactic Cup Finals."

"Oh he'll play, no way they can keep him off the field for this one."

"Yeah, but how effective will he be?"

"Good question, I think either way we'll be seeing a lot of Bruce then at the cornerback spot opposite Mauntak, which is an intimidating back line, if a bit inexperienced on one side."

"That's not all on the injury front. Irvin tweaked his knee and is listed as probable, and Koo'per is listed as questionable after taking that late hit and missing the rest of the game with a shoulder injury."

"You don't so much win a game against the Smugglers as you do survive it."

"Especially in the playoffs."

"How bad does that hurt our chances?"

"The Irvin issue is the biggest one, glad to see he is listed as probable. If he goes down that leaves the Mercs awfully thin at midfield and makes them lean that much more heavily on team captain Argo Mor'kesh."

"He can still bring it."

"No doubt, no doubt. But for how long? He's getting a bit long in the tooth there, and is certainly a step slower than he used to be."

"Just one more game though, he can leave it out there for just one more game and then rest during the off season."

"Just one more game...between the Mercs, and history."

"One. More. Game."

TAG: Vehn, CPL_Macja It all comes down to this, good luck brother, should be a great one!

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post
    Eusebus, Euceron

“Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrronnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,” Fenrir Lokensgaard proclaimed from the stage of the Elite League Limmie Postseason Awards. “It is gooooood to be back! Do we have an award for best awards venue of 287 somewhere in the back, because you deserve it!

“When was the last time I was on Euceron? Does anyone know?...278? How has it been so long? Well, don’t you worry. I brought some of my very favorite friends with me to mark the occasion. From the young stars of the season to the players who overcame so much this season to the coaches and general managers to the league’s very best, everyone who’s everyone is here tonight. And let me say, we had one of the most intense voting processes ever this year.

“Also, I personally checked every envelope this season. We’re not going to have any wrong winners announced like at some other sports award show.” Lokensgaard coughed, slipping in the acronym “GCLA” in the middle of the cough. “Sorry, just had something stuck in my throat there.

“Now, where were we? Oh right, the most awesome athletes in the galaxy, like the Ingbrand Award nominees. They’re the three first year players who had the greatest impact this season. Our nominees are: Bruce of the Mando’ade Mercs, Vic Olidiipo of the Ralltiir Starkillers, and Bas Wren of the Coruscant Senators.”

Each nominee was featured on screen as their name was read and received applause from the crowd on hand after their name was read.

“Our winner is…
    “...Vic Olidiipo of the Starkillers!”

“Ah, the Langann Award, which recognizes the best coach in the league.” Fenrir paused. “It only says coach there in the teleprompter. It doesn’t say head coach. Did we change the nominating criteria?” He looked off stage. “Have we asked the Board of Governors about this? We should. Well, anyways, we have three head coaches nominated for the Langann this year. They are Ryi Kor’le of the Mando’ade Mercs, Mylessa McCloud of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers, and Dawn Solo-Undolo of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs. The winner is…”
    “...Mylessa McCloud of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.”

“The Duchess Eldin Award recognizes two things. Athletic achievement and how much players like big shiny trophies. No, that’s not right. It’s athletic achievement and sportsmanship, which is the antithesis of big shiny trophies. Therefore, we have a big shiny trophy for the winner. Our nominees are Maggie Adams, Rydonni Prime Monarchs; Leigh Cavanaugh of the Carratos Pirates; and Regan Stargazer of the Mando’ade Mercs.

“The winner of the Duchess Eldin is…
    “...Leigh Cavanaugh of the Pirates.”

“The Grames Award is for the best general manager in the League. This is defined as the general manager who looks the most serious while they sit in their tiny skybox watching the game. I’m going to practice my general manager scowl right now.”

[​IMG]

“That was pretty convincing, wasn’t it? Well, I’m sure that our three nominees can do better than that. They are Romo Crowley of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs, Addison Karr of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers, and Briar Thorne of the Coruscant Senators. The winner is…
    “...Addison Karr of Nar Shaddaa.”

“The Comeback Player of the Year Award does not have a name. It’s also pretty self-explanatory. It’s kind of weird like that, but our two nominees are not weird. They are inspiring. We salute them for never giving up and rising again. Our nominees are Shady Lereoux of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers and Gemma Sal-Solo of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs. The winner is…
    “...Shady Lereoux of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.”

“The Vigo Award recognizes perseverance and dedication to the sport of limmie. These are the quiet giants of the game, the ones who do more than just play limmie. They are the players that are great. They are our heroes. In some cases, they have given all. Our nominees are Tendra Nalo, Hapes Consortium Buccaneers; Harron Myrat’ur, Carratos Pirates; and Noah Till, Ralltiir Starkillers. The winner of the Vigo Award is…
    “...Tendra Nalo of the Buccaneers.”

“And finally, the big prize of the night. The kahuna. The Death Star of awards. Except this one doesn’t explode. And there aren’t two of them. Okay, bad metaphor. Well, it’s the Salbukk and we have the biggest names in the game today as our nominees. In fact, I think two of them will be quite familiar to you after the last few seasons. Our nominees are Leia Adama of the Coruscant Senators, Corvo Antilles of the Rydonni Prime Monarchs, and Fu Arock of the Mando’ade Mercs. The winner is…
    “...La La Land! Sorry, just kidding. I don’t even know what those gibberish words mean. Our winner is Fu Arock of the Mando’ade Mercs.”

“That’s our show everyone! See you at Marty Nalo Field!” Lokensgaard said, signing off.

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn, jcgoble3, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Addison Karr

Mando'ade

"You fought well today. You fought hard. I am so very proud of all of you. As we head into the off season I want each and every one of you to know how proud I am of your achievements, the way you played, and how far we've come as a team from the last three seasons. I don't know what lies ahead. I do know that if we stick together, if we continue our pursuit of a championship, one day, eventually, we'll get there. I promise you, we'll get there," Mylessa McCloud said as she looked at Addison for support.

"I want all of you to know that this year we will be looking hard at game tape. We will be looking hard at our contract situation. Some of you may return and others may find a different team to play for. Please don't take it personally. The ELL is a business, first and foremost. I'll be working closely with Mylessa as we move forward into the 287 season. If you need anything, let me know. I'm always a comm. call away," Addison said. "It's been an honor to know all of you. Best of luck as we move forward."

Addison shook hands and exchanged a few embraces with the team. She knew that there would be some hard roster choices this year. Contracts were expiring and veteran talent wasn't producing as much. That much was clear as had been reflected in the game they just played. There was a sharp divide between the level the Mando'ade Mercs were at and the rest of the Skywalker. As much as it pained her to admit, Addison couldn't help but feel that Mando'ade had the better team. Somewhere, somehow, Nar Shaddaa had to find its way forward even if that journey required some painful choices along the way.

Addison left the locker room and stepped onto the team shuttle. She remained quiet for the journey back to Nar Shaddaa. There wasn't much to say. The defeat still stung. Still pained her a great deal. She would learn from her lesson at the hands of the Mando'ade Mercs. She would find a way to make the Smugglers a feared franchise once more.

No matter the cost.

[/hr[][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4][I]II Avali, Druckenwell[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4][I]Karr Pharmaceuticals Corporate Headquarters[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I'm here about the job you posted," a man said.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Yes, I read over your resume and I must admit what I saw was most impressive. You have all the skills to contribute to Karr Pharmaceuticals. I personally think you'd make an excellent addition to our team," Thaddeus Karr, father of Addison Karr and head of Karr Pharma replied, "but unfortunately that position you applied for closed last week."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I see. So why did you fly me out here to meet you if the job had already closed?" the man asked.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]Thaddeus held back a barely perceptible smile. "Because the job I have in mind for you isn't one I can post publicly. It would give off the wrong impression of what we do here at Karr Pharma. After all, Karr Pharma is about saving lives not destroying them."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"What did you have in mind?" the man asked.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Before I answer that question I need to know that you are fully committed to this position. This job won't be like anything you've done before, I can guarantee that much. This job is special, unique. If you're to accept this job I need to know one thing: why did you leave the Jedi Order?"[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I left the Jedi Order because they forced me out. They asked that I choose the Order over my family. I refused. When I came into some knowledge regarding a delicate family matter I realized that the Order and I were no longer a good fit. If you're worried that I'm going to back out of this job, forget about it. No matter what you throw at me I am going to succeed," the man replied. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Fair enough," Thaddeus replied, "the job is protection. Protecting the greatest treasure in all the galaxy. My greatest achievement. My pride and joy: my daughter, Addison. You may have heard that she is the general manager of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers. That's fine. We're all proud of her. I'll admit it was hard at first to acknowledge that her destiny lay beyond the protective walls of Karr Pharma. We eventually came around. Now I find that I need to protect my greatest asset."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"How so?" the man asked.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I have many enemies," Thaddeus replied, "some here on Druckenwell and some abroad."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"And your daughter has become a target," the man added.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Precisely," Thaddeus replied.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"It's been awhile since I have been in combat," the man admitted. "Maybe too long. My skills aren't what they once were."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Your war record is commendable and your actions on your own agenda have been very successful," Thaddeus pointed out. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Perhaps," the man replied, "perhaps not."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"If it's money you're after I'll pay you handsomely. If it's glory, well, I imagine you'll get plenty of that as well. All I'm asking is three months of your time. An entire ELL season. I need my daughter protected long enough to make it to the Ypres Initiative gala," Thaddeus explained. "Can you do that?"[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I can do that and more," the man replied. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Your shuttle is waiting to take you to Nar Shaddaa. You'll find everything you need in the cargo hold," Thaddeus replied. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"I have everything I need right here," the man replied holding out his lightsaber. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][IMG]https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2RC-NAHnhPZGJ8Or-5o5rkcogsp4EAPyBbQzueo8KpzZZ6qRaMkVWflVP[/IMG][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]Thaddeus smiled and replied, "The Jedi lost a great warrior when you departed their ranks, Austin Vehn."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]"Maybe they did," Austin replied, "but what I can guarantee you is that I will keep your daughter safe."[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4]Austin gave a slight bow and departed. It was time to go to Nar Shaddaa. It was time to rediscover himself. [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=14px][FONT=times new roman][SIZE=4][hr]

[​IMG]

GM Approved!

Name: Austin Vehn
    Birth Year: 256 ABY (31 Years Old)
    Physical Appearance: Dark hair, brown eyes, medium build, medium height.
    Homeworld: Roon
    Relation to Team: Jedi Protector of Addison Karr, owner of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers

Austin Vehn grew up on Roon as the middle child of Oisin Trieste and Verity Vehn. He has an older sibling, Eleanor, currently serving as chief diplomat to the Roon Federation and a younger sister, May, who is serving as team doctor for the Bakura Miners.

Austin has always been in search of his purpose. Ever the wanderer, ever the idealist, Austin found himself attending Druckenwell Technical University as a graphic design major because he couldn't settle on anything else. When the war between Roon-Druckenwell broke out Austin left college behind and joined the Federation military serving in the most difficult battles of the war. As the war was nearing its conclusion, Austin as sent to the Jedi Temple on Ossus to assemble a team that was to kill his uncle, Liam Vehn who was responsible for the outbreak of hostilities. It was there on Ossus that Austin swore a pledge to learn the Jedi ways after being screened for Force Sensitivity.

Austin rose to the rank of Jedi Knight but grew dismayed when the Jedi Council asked him to keep information about a missing family member, his niece, Grace, a secret from his sister Eleanor. Austin refused and left the order.

Now he finds himself protecting the heiress to Karr Pharmaceuticals.

His mission is to keep her alive by any means necessary.

Tag: Bardan_Jusik;Trieste

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Richard Vigo

I was on the sofa reading through documents. The parents of a juvenile were desperate for me to defend their son. It wasn’t going to be an easy case. I also knew I’d never be able to resist the opportunity to practice law again. “Daddy,” I heard Jimsey say from the other side of the sofa. “It’s time for the ELL awards.”

“Well turn the holo on,” I prompted.

“I’m scared.”

“Scared? What are you scared of?” I asked.

“What if Olidiipo doesn’t win?”

“Nothin’” I said with a shrug. I was much more interested in how I could get a troubled kid home to his parents than I was in whether or not a successful Limmie player received another feather for his cap.

“Why don’t you even care?” Jimsey said suddenly raising his voice.

“I do,” I said picking up the remote and turning the holo on. I set my data pad down and focused for a moment on my son. Nine was a great age, grown up enough to play sports, do homework on his own, but still young enough to look good in his Jedi Hero pajamas. “Remember a few weeks ago? Tomas lost, the Sandskimmers lost and the Starkillers lost?”

“Yea, that sucked.”

“After the Starkillers loss what did we do?”

“Cried,” he said with a miserable look on his face.

“Yea some people cried,” I said remembering. “But then we all went out for ice cream. We flew back home you went back to school and I went back to work. It turns out that everything got back to normal real quick. New opportunities to succeed came about. You scored your first goal in Limmie. You got an A- on your math test and Shannon got her first tooth.”

“Olidiipo deserves rookie of the year, I hope he wins,” Jimsey said suddenly climbing into my lap.

It had been a while since I held him in my lap. It was obvious why he took up my entire lap and I could barely see over him to the holo. Jimsey was very nervous for his hero. I could tell because he was shaking a little bit so I took his hand. “Why does this one have to be first?” He asked.

“So we can get it over with,” I answered.

We both got quiet as the commissioner began to speak again, “
    “Now, where were we? Oh right, the most awesome athletes in the galaxy, like the Ingbrand Award nominees. They’re the three first year players who had the greatest impact this season. Our nominees are: Bruce of the Mando’ade Mercs, Vic Olidiipo of the Ralltiir Starkillers, and Bas Wren of the Coruscant Senators.”

Each nominee was featured on screen as their name was read and received applause from the crowd on hand after their name was read.

“Our winner is Vic Olidiipo of the Starkillers!”

“YES! YES! YES!” Jimsey cheered as he jumped out of my lap and began to jump up and down in the living room. “Woo Hoo! He won, he won, he won, he won!”

“Shhh,” I insisted. “Let’s hear what he has to say.”

Olidiipo was shaking hands with the commissioner. He bowed his large head and I watched his eyes study the award for just a moment as he clutched it in both hands. Then he stepped behind the podium. “Growing up kids made fun of me. They said an Ithorian was too skinny and too clumsy to play Limmie. I never let those words bother me. I knew I could prove those kids wrong. I want to dedicate this award to all the skinny, clumsy, chubby, uncoordinated, and or challenged children who want to participate in a hobby they love. Never let what anyone says stand in your way.”

Tags: None

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    OOC: First IC post typed up on my new computer, so hopefully there aren’t any formatting issues. If there are any, feel free to laugh at them in OOB. ;)

IC: Tendra Nalo
    Time: Elite League Awards Ceremony

“The Vigo Award recognizes perseverance and dedication to the sport of limmie. These are the quiet giants of the game, the ones who do more than just play limmie. They are the players that are great. They are our heroes. In some cases, they have given all. Our nominees are Tendra Nalo, Hapes Consortium Buccaneers; Harron Myrat’ur, Carratos Pirates; and Noah Till, Ralltiir Starkillers. The winner of the Vigo Award is... Tendra Nalo of the Buccaneers.”

Tendra allowed a hug from her mother, sitting next to her, but though she had won an award, it was, in her opinion, not cause for celebration, given what had transpired over recent years and weeks. She ascended to the stage, where she accepted the award and turned to the microphone.

“Ladies and gentlebeings, some may celebrate me winning this award, given my continued fight for gender equality and perseverance to play out the season in the face of literal threats to my life. But I tell you, we have a long way to come. I may have fought for gender equality on the Buccaneers, but you see where that has led to: back to an all-female team, with no accommodation for men at all with the Firedrakes no longer part of the organization. My time with the Bucs may be over, but I plead for the Queen Mother one final time to listen to what the galaxy is telling you. Eighty-five percent of fans say that they oppose your exclusion of men from the team. Think about that, Your Majesty. Think about that. Thank you.”

Tendra returned to her seat, where Jaria whispered to her, “I’m surprised you didn’t say anything about—”

“Shh. This isn’t the place for that, Mom.”

Time: Next day

Tendra watched on HSN, along with many others, as Melkin Tunran stepped up to the microphone. “Greetings, everyone. I’m not a fan of wasting time, so I’ll get right to the point. As previously stated, we, the Euceron Officers intend to apply for membership in both the Premier League and the Elite League. Today, those applications have been submitted, and we now await the responses from the commissioners of each league. While we understand that such a process does take time, we have nevertheless asked for Commissioner Lokensgaard to expedite our Elite League application as much as is feasible, as having definite knowledge of which league we will be playing in for the 287 season can only help us in the process of building our roster.

“Speaking of which, we have identified several candidates to play on the Officers, and while we are not currently subject to any league bylaws regarding tampering, we do not wish to make the application process harder than it needs to be, and thus we will wait until Elite League and Premier League teams are legally allowed to discuss terms with free agents before we sign anyone. So at this time, we have no one on our roster, but we expect that to change as soon as free agency starts.

“I will now take a few questions.”

“Mr. Tunran, if accepted into the Elite League, will you participate in the 287 Draft?”

“If that is the case, then yes, we will. We have indicated as such in our Elite League application.”

“Mr. Tunran, there is a persistent rumor going around that you intend to sign Tendra Nalo. Is that the case?”

“I will not comment on rumors regarding specific players, except to refer you to my previous comment about respecting tampering rules.”

Tendra chuckled at this.

“Mr. Tunran, the Euceron Storm, despite being in a relatively small market, had a tendency to spend money like a larger market team, and rumors were that they frequently operated in the red because of that, with your ancestors spending out of their pockets to cover the difference. One, is there any truth to those rumors about the Storm, and two, will the Officers operate in a similar fashion when it comes to your budget?”

“You make a very astute observation. Yes, my grandfather, and those before him, operated the Storm in the red and spent out of their own pocket to cover the deficit and keep the team financially solvent. This is part of what allowed the Storm to reach the Elite League in the first place, by having the payroll to take on large contracts and keep stars around for a long time. As for the Officers, yes, I will fund operations and salaries out of my pocket to an extent, but I do eventually expect the Officers to reach a point where their operations can be self-sufficient without further need for me or my successors to add our own personal wealth. When we will reach that point, I do not know, but I do not expect it to be for several years, at minimum.

“Thank you for your time.”

Location: Marte Nalo Field at Storm Stadium, Eusebus, Euceron
    Time: Galactic Cup Final Pregame Ceremonies

Tendra stood behind one goalwith her mother as the stadium went completely dark. Within seconds, the crowd grew silent, anticipating what was to come. Suddenly, the deep voice of the public address announcer boomed out. “Designated as the visiting team tonight, they won eight games in the regular season, including a thrilling shootout against their opponents tonight in the second week of the season. They then obliterated the Smugglers last week to claim the right to play this game for the sixth time.” The darkness was now broken by a single spotlight shining on the mouth of the visitors’ tunnel. “Now seeking an unprecedented third Galactic Cup Championship and fourth overall, please welcome the Mando’ade MERCS!!!

The stadium went dark once again, as the announcer’s voice boomed out one more time. “Designated as the home team tonight, they too won eight games in the regular season, and now seek revenge for one of those three losses. Then, they won the right to play this game for the fifth time by edging out the Senators last week in a nail-biter.” As before, a lone spotight shone on the home tunnel. “Seeking their second Galactic Cup Championship, and hoping to reverse the result of the 279 Final, please welcome the Rydonni Prime MONARCHS!!!

“Ladies and gentlebeings, please rise, and gentlebeings remove your hats, as the Euceron Army 101st Regiment Color Guard presents our planet’s colors.”

A seven-member color guard advanced to the center of the field, carrying the planetary flag of Euceron, and stopped between where the Mandalorian and Rydonni Prime flags were already displayed.

“Now please remain standing as the Euceron Air Force Band of Flight performs the national anthems of Mandalore, then Rydonni Prime, and then Euceron.”

The commanding officer of the group raised his baton, then brought it down as the three anthems were played to perfection. As the Euceron anthem was played, local fans, who had not heard the Euceron anthem before a professional limmie game in seven years, began singing the lyrics in unison, reaching a crescendo on the final line where they were louder than the band. Afterward, loud cheers rang throughout the stadium.

The referee signaled to her assistants, who escorted the team captains in from each side of the field. “Greetings,” the referee said over her microphone as the captains shook hands, “and welcome to the 130th Galactic Cup Final. Both of your teams have been here before, so I hope there shouldn’t be any nerves and we should have a good, clean, hard-fought game. For the coin toss tonight, the first in an Elite League game on Marte Nalo Field, we have a special guest to flip the coin. Please welcome Marte Nalo’s widow, Jaria, and their daughter, Tendra.”

Another assistant nodded to Tendra, and she and her mother stepped out onto the field and walked toward the center circle, one spotlight on them, as the crowd, many of whom were local Euceron fans, rose in applause. Upon reaching the center circle, Tendra and Jaria each shook hands with the referee and each of the captains.

The referee continued. “For tonight’s coin toss, we have a special commemorative coin.” She held it out for the captains to see. “The team logos will be heads, and,” she flipped it over in her hand, “the Galactic Cup Final logo will be tails. Mando’ade, you are designated as the visiting team tonight. What is your call?”

The Mando’ade captain called the flip, and the referee repeated the call. “Jaria, would you like to flip the coin, please?”

Jaria took the coin from the referee and flipped it in the air. It landed on the ground with the Galactic Cup Final logo facing up.

“It is tails,” the referee said before stating who won the toss. She then collected choices on deferring, possession, and ends of the field. “Good luck to both of you.”

Finally, there was nothing left to do but play. Elite League limmie had returned to Euceron at last. Bassells be damned.

TAG: CPL_Macja Bardan_Jusik

Trieste, Runjedirun, Vehn and 4 others like this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"For those listening that might not have heard, it was the GCAA Championship last night, held in the Carnation Bowl, the Grandmother of them all. Chandrila A&M University went into the playoffs as the number one ranked team by HSN in all of college limmie and managed to put up 19 points on a VCU team that had one of the better defenses in the GCAA all season long. It was a great effort for them, but Vertical City University managed to out do them putting up 21 following strong efforts by forwards Marty Reubyn and Dac VanDaam. VCU are your new GCAA champions, something I am sure they have not yet stopped celebrating out on Nal Hutta's moon."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

Congratulations to Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa, your 286 Collegiate Limmie Champions!

jcgoble3, Darth_Elu, Trieste and 2 others like this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Druckenwell (28) and Concordia (28)

LFL Finals
    (5) Druckenwell Marksmen vs (3) Concordia Cursaders (4-16)

Congratulations to the Concordia Crusaders 286 Limmie Futures Cup Champions!

Tags: Vehn Bardan_Jusik

13. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    IC: Sgt. Rax D’vja
    Ryell, Rydonni Prime

Rax could not believe what he just witnessed. No, it was not the nail-biting, dual shutdown, Solo Conference Final. No, it was not the fact that the Monarchs marched away with their fifth Solo Conference Trophy in a decade.

No, what he could not believe was the fact that, despite garnering five nominations, the Monarchs did not win one ELL Postseason Award. “WHO THE FRAK DECIDES THESE THINGS?!?!?”

“Um, I’m not sure,” Agent Del Gr’yco murmured from this terminal, “but I think it’s some sort of professional committee.”

“Oh, I thought it was randomly decided upon by some sort of chance cube generator,” Corporal Ian E’st chimed in.

“Actually,” Nomi W’ylde added, “I’m pretty sure it’s voted on by eight beings, whom have never seen each other in real life, that only know what limmie is from their terminals.”

“WHA?” Sargent Conor H’ayl mumbled with a mouth full of food.

“And,” Nomi continued, “I don’t think all of them vote in each category.”

Rax tossed Conor a rag to clean up the food that had dribbled out of his mouth. “I’m going with Ian’s explanation. No sane being would not vote for Antilles after the season he’s had. He single handedly won four of their nine victories by only allowing six total points in those games. He had two, count them two shutouts in one season, something no other Monarch has done in team history. He should have easily walked away with that Salbukk Award.”

“No, if you want to talk about getting robbed, look no farther than the Langann Award.” Johanna shouted in from the squad’s kitchenette. “Dawn Solo set a team record by being the first Monarch Head Coach to win eight games in a single season. He helmed the squad to their second Commissioner’s Trophy, a regular season Solo Conference Championship, and now a Solo Conference Trophy, all in her first season as the Skipper. She should have won it.

“Don’t forget that Crowley was the one who kept this team together, drafted all of them, and even taught Solo everything she knows.” Conor added with a clear mouth.

The squad spent the next hour enumerating the various accomplishments of the Monarch nominees who failed to win any awards. Everyone piped down as they noticed, on the holofeed, the real Lynn Wonstak interviewing Maggie Adams and Gemma Sal-Solo.

“Maggie, what do you think about no one from the Monarchs winning an award tonight?”

“Honestly, just being nominated is enough of an award for me. To be thought of as one the top sportbeings in Elite League Limmie is mind blowing. Anyone of us nominees deserved to win and I am just excited to be here.”

“See! Even in defeat she’s thinking about the players.” Everyone shushed Ian and threw food at him.

“What are your thoughts Gemma?”

“It doesn’t matter to me because we’re going to be the last ones walking off the field tomorrow spoiling the Bucketheads’ threepeat! Rydonni Prime versus the galaxy!”

“There you have it folks. Rydonni Prime is announcing its comeback.”

Before the kick off of the Galactic Cup Finals everyone on Rydonni Prime was sporting some kind of outerwear sporting the planet’s new battle cry.

[​IMG]

TAG: Trieste Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik

Runjedirun, Trieste, Vehn and 3 others like this.
  14. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~PLL Finals, Kashyyyk~

To say his heart was soaring would be an understatement. Antaro had hoped for a strong showing in the Premier League would be witnessed, and while it seemed uncertain for a while, it did indeed end up just as he envisioned. A powerful finish to seal the Inner Rim Division!

From there, the PLL Playoffs were a bonus. He expected a strong showing, but did amazingly attempt a realistic outlook for once. Mr. Kiraon had fully expected, without admitting to anyone, a first round loss. But it'd be a nail biter that'd catch the attention of the ELL!

In this, his Beast Riders surpassed his expectations and went into his most likely best scenario. The Semi Finals. And when he saw they were up against his childhood favorite Chandrila Patriots…He was overjoyed! And dismayed.

The ultimate 38-4 knockout of Chandrila was something he never could have estimated. Nor could the analysts who seemed to be in shock. Between that and the Kamino Waves also being eliminated in a close match to set up a Seventh Seed vs. a Fifth Seed in the PLL Finals, they were scrambling to make sense of it all.

The stories were many. Between the Galactic Cup Final between the Mando'ade Mercs and Rydonni Prime Monarchs which held the chance of history for the former and a return to power for the latter, there was also the surprise College Limmie win for VCU.

And now this. Onderon Beast Riders vs. Kashyyyk Rangers.

Already sipping a cool drink, water this time (for now), the owner of the Onderon team could only overlook the field with a jubilant glee he never could have imagined.

Our return to the Elite League is all but assured. What could possibly stand in our way after this?

A blowout loss maybe. That was perhaps the only thing to avoid now. Even if they did lose, they had exceeded all hopes for them from every angle. Just avoid a complete collapse and they would look good still.

But. If they could win….They were in the middle of an amazing six win run that seemed like it just couldn't end. Onderon couldn't be stopped. The Beast Riders were utterly invincible. That meant they were at the most dangerous point. It was always when a team began to feel unbeatable that they were smashed back down into reality. And he knew well that it was starting to feel like that in the locker room.

"Just one more. Hold on, one more time," he mused to himself.

A seven win sweep to come from third place to claim their division and charge through the post-season and take the PLL by proverbial storm?

Yes please.

The marketing opportunities that would present…Some of my plans may be accelerated if that happens.

Nevertheless. There was still one more opponent in their way of that, and it was a formidable one undergoing their own dark horse run.

Kashyyyk. The very ones they began their season with. It was only fitting that they would end together as well. One way. Or Another.

May the best team win.

Tag: No One But The Limmie Gods

Runjedirun, Trieste and Vehn like this.
  15. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Mando'ade, Onderon, and Rydonni Prime. Best of luck to everyone--there really isn't anything else to say!

ELL
    130th Galactic Cup Final
    (1) Mando’ade Mercs at (1) Rydonni Prime Monarchs (37-7)

Congratulations to the Mando'ade Mercs, the 286 Galactic Cup of Limmie champions!

PLL
    Premiership Final
    (7) Onderon Beast Riders at (5) Kashyyyk Rangers (16-1)

Congratulations to the Onderon Beast Riders, the 286 Premiership champions!

And that's 286 for everyone!

TAG: @Bardan_Juisk CPL_Macja Darth_Elu

16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Prelude

IC: Austin Vehn
    Eusebus, Euceron

The shuttle had been diverted to Euceron after a highly encrypted message from Thaddeus Karr arrived on his personal datapad. Austin sighed as he stepped off the shuttle and into the cool, crisp, air of a Euceron winter. Perfectly formed snow flakes floated lazily by in the air and landed gently on his jacket as he hurried from the shuttle into the award ceremony. He flashed his hand in a subtle use of the Force as he was allowed access to backstage.

His journey to Addison Karr began now.

Addison had been nominated for the Grames Award, the prestigious Limmie award named after the Smuggler great who'd transformed the General Manager position during her time in the front office. Austin wasn't into awards or the ceremonies that usually surrounded them. The only thing he was interested in at this point was making contact with his objective.

Austin slipped through shadow and light, ducking around crew members and out of sight of security personnel. He was to be seen as little as possible. He could hear the booming voice of Commissioner Lokensgaard announcing various award winners. He looked down at his wrist chrono and realized he only had a few minutes before Addison took to the stage. He quickened his pace.

Austin was near backstage when he caught sight of Addison. She was radiantly beautiful with her blonde hair and lavish dark blue night dress. He noticed that she kept checking her datapad and her mouth moved as she recited her speech in the event that she won. She began to pace a little bit. Her movements were stiff, calculated, the mark of someone highly educated, someone who had been reared on Druckenwell. Austin knew the type well having spent some years in the capital city of II Avali.

Austin ducked out of sight as Addison looked down the corridor in his direction. He could hear Commissioner Lokensgaard introducing the award. His ears burned as Addison's name was called for the Grames Award. She'd won. Somehow, someway, that wasn't so surprising to him.

He moved into position near where Addison was to exit the stage. He kept in the shadows as Addison delivered her speech. Austin wasn't one for politics. He wasn't one to get involved in causes greater than his own. His life up to this point had been relatively simple. Serve and bask in the knowledge of doing good for the galaxy. Now, however, as he watched the crowd deliver a standing ovation as Addison finished he realized that his role in the galaxy, his purpose in life, had changed a great deal.

Austin tensed as Addison came toward him award trophy in her hand. He centered himself in the Force and reached out to grab her arm as she passed by. She never made it there. She gave a quiet scream as three men in masks ambushed her in the darkness between the light of the stage and what was beyond. The three men dragged Addison, kicking and screaming, toward a rear exit.

Austin didn't waste any time. He felt the cool, reassuring, metallic hilt slip into his hands as he chased after the three men. He burst into an alleyway behind the ceremony hall. He looked frantically up and down the alley and that was when he saw Addison, on her knees, crying out as the three men took turns shoving and harassing her.

Austin ran toward them as one of the masked men pulled his hand back to land a blow on Addison's face. The hand never made it to Addison's face as it was immediately severed from the arm to which it belonged. The masked man cried out in pain as he clutched at his cauterized stump and fell to the ground. Austin's yellow lightsaber illuminated the darkness as he placed himself between the remaining two masked thugs and Addison.

"Whose next?" Austin challenged.

The two men looked at one another and ran while the third, still writhing in pain, dragged himself out of sight. Austin deactivated his lightsaber and knelt beside Addison. He gently placed his hand on her face and examined it for any injuries. There were none but his gentle touch remained. Her jaw line was impeccably sharp. Her eyes were the color of the dark heavens. Her lips reminded him of the apples that grew in the orchards beyond the Jedi Temple on Ossus, red and full of life.

"I'm fine! You didn't have to do that," Addison said as she got to her feet, "I am perfectly capable of handling such situations myself."

"Are you?" Austin asked as he let go of her face. A flash of metal hit his eyes. He realized Addison was packing some heat. Perhaps she was capable, after all. Perhaps there was more to Addison Karr than met the eye.

"You look familiar," Addison said as she studied Austin's face. "Where have I seen you before?"

"I took a few classes at DTU in my youth," Austin casually replied.

"Your major?" Addison asked as the pair walked back toward the ceremony hall.

"Graphic design. I didn't finish. The war took me away," Austin said.

"That's where I recognize you from! You were in Professor Bhairn's class! What was that called-" Addison said trying to recall the name.

"Experimental economic design," Austin replied.

"That's it!" Addison said. "I hated his class. Good thing for me I wasn't a graphic design major. I had to take experimental design as part of the branching out they forced us to do. My good friend Vera Grames was a graphics design major. You ever meet her?"

"Once or twice," Austin said downplaying his role.

"What's a Jedi doing way on Euceron?" Addison asked pointing to Austin's lightsaber.

"I'm no longer a Jedi," Austin admitted. "I haven't been for awhile now."

"I see," Addison said, "and yet you still carry the weapon. You just happen to frequent ELL Award Ceremonies in case something goes wrong?"

"I was sent here to protect you," Austin explained.

"Who are you?" Addison asked.

"I'm the only thing standing between you and certain death! Unless you want to wind up like the guy who had his hand chopped off I suggest we get going," Austin urged.

"Answer my question, who are you?" Addison repeated.

Austin sighed. It was useless to play coy with her. The truth had to come out at some point.

"Austin Vehn," he replied.

"Austin Vehn," Addison repeated, "brother to Eleanor Vehn and hero of the coup against William Ypres' presidency."

"Something like that," Austin replied.

"There's only one problem," Addison said as she began to walk away, "I don't need protection."

"Yes you do," Austin replied, "because what we're up against is so much bigger than you can possibly imagine."

Tag: No One

17. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    OOC: Don't mean to step on the Finalists' toes and steal their thunder, but I know at least one team is very interested in free agents, so I'm getting those out as I receive them.[/I]

GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Ralltiir Starkillers release several personnel updates
      • Wylla Sniider announces pregnancy with Husband Noah Till. Wylla will be retiring from the sport of Limme. She played only 4 seasons, but cliams to be content to give up her career to start her family.
      • Hamm Leak signs 4 year contract extension
      • Defensive back Leo Fostiir is cut from Starkillers line-up making him a free agent (human male).
      • Frokabukk retires from the game of Limmie. Frokabukk has been a member of the Ralltiir Starkillers since 270. His number will be retired at the first regular season home game next season for his amazing accomplishments during his 16 year tenurship with the team.
      • Gary Zonka retires from the game of Limmie
      • Nina Odette signs two year extension.
      • Manta Se'o retires from the game of Limmie.
      • Alec Kazoo signs 5 year extension.
      • Robacca sings 5 year extension.
      • Orsaka retires from the sport of Limmie.
      • Tyrone Cason signs 6 year extension.
      • Antoniio Starr signs 2 year extension.
      • Kioan Vilnius sings 6 year extension.
      • Vallitt Comrom signs 1 year extension.
    • Bakura Miners announce resigning of Jolla Pic to three year contract
      • Quinn Cundertol calls the assistant captain “part of this team’s core and critical to our long-term success”
    • Talks between franchise goalkeeper Lizbit Comstock and Miners break down
      • Comstock officially enters free agency
      • Sources say both parties want a contract, but differ greatly in terms of salary
      • Comstock is a two-time Galactic Cup champion and the Miners’ leader in the Silver Age in no goal games and shutouts
      • HSN analyst: “With a deep goalkeeper class in this year’s Draft, it was essential that Comstock get her name out there before the Draft began”
      • Rumors swirl that Comstock would be interested in joining her teammate and friend Eponette Ternardiel, captain of the Carratos Pirates, though analysts are skeptical the Pirates would move away from veteran goalkeeper Qazi Hameeduddin
      • If Comstock signs with another team, Miners would likely turn to second year goalkeeper Marnie Blake, who recorded a shutdown in her first of two ELL starts last season
    • Miners still negotiating with veteran Morgan Alesh, who has played with the Miners since 273
      • Alesh reportedly considering retirement
    TAG: Runjedirun

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    As listeners fought through their post game celebration hangovers and tuned into the Fandalorian for the Rancor Pitt time slot they were greeted not by the familiar tunes of the show's open but instead by the recorded voice of Lokensgaard, commissioner of the ELL.

"That was..." The commissioner's vice trailed off, he seemed at a loss for words, something no one who followed limmie had ever though possible. "I'm speechless, I really am. Today, the impossible became reality. I am at a total loss for words..."

"oya, oya oya!" The voices of those Mercs fans who had traveled to Euceron echoed through the stadium.

"...oh yes, and we saw history made here in the 130th Galactic Cup Final as well." He let out a boyish laugh.

"oya, oya oya!"

"130 ELL Galactic Cup Finals, and it is here, on Euceron that we all witnessed something never before accomplished."

"oya, oya oya!"

"Euceron, as expected, you have put on a tremendous show for us. Thank you for hosting such a fantastic event, one that will go down in the history books..."

"oya, oya oya!"

"...I am certainly looking forward to seeing future ELL..." his voice trailed off as he gave a mischievous grin to the crowd. "Events, shall we say?" The local crowd howled with delight "Hosted here at Marte Nalo Field!" He paused for the applause that rained down from the stands. "To the Rydonni Prime Monarchs I offer my congratulations as well. Your season was a history making one for your own franchise, a Commissioner's Trophy in what some saw as a transitional year. A new head coach, a stellar goalkeeper and a tremendous defense throughout the season. You are to be commended and congratulated." There was more applause and even now the banging of armored chest plates could be heard as the Mercs fans in attendance showed their appreciation to their vanquished foe.

"Today though, the field belongs to the Mando'ade Mercs..."

"oya, oya oya!"

"...seems like I am saying that every year now..."

"oya, oya oya!"

"...your 286 Galactic Cup Champions...."

"oya, oya oya!"

"...but first, allow me to present the Numifolis Award to the most valuable player of the Galactic Cup Playoffs to none other than...

"Y'all got AROCKED!!!!!!!"

"...yes you guessed it, for an unprecedented third year in a row. Fu Arock."

"Everybody's getting AROCKED tonight!"

"Yes...I'm, actually not sure what that means, but it does sound...well it sounds something."

"oya, oya oya!"

"Now winning back to back Galactic Cups is a rare enough event that requires the highest level of skill and dedication at all levels of the organization. This though..." he paused again as the crowd of Mandlaorians again went wild chanting and banging their chest plates. "This...." He let out a loud sign, seeming to be unsure of just what to say. "Winning three Galactic Cups in a three year span, the threepeat..."

"Threepeat!"

"It's never happened before, and I have to say I really never believed such a thing was even possible. But it has, and I am honored and humbled to have been the commissioner to witness such a historic achievement..."

"oya, oya oya!"

"...and now I present the Galactic Cup to the Captain of this dynasty, Argo Mor'kesh!"

"oya, oya oya!"

"oya, oya oya!"

"oya, oya oya!"

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Galactic Cup Championship..."

"Threepeat baby!"

"...afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"I am..."

"Yeah I know, right?"

"It's been 18 hours and I'm still as speechless as Lokensgaard was last night."

"Still hung over too."

"The whole planet is..."

"The system."

"The whole sector."

"Celebrations were still going on at the oyu'baat when i went by on my way to work."

"I don't think they will ever stop celebrating this one. It's..."

"Historic?"

"A threepeat baby!"

"Have a feeling in nine months there are going to be a bunch of those."

"Ha!"

"She's right though."

"shab right she is."

"You know, last season." There was a pause as Randy collected his thoughts. "I didn't think anything could get better than the trifecta we had least season, what with the Mercs repeating as Galactic Cup Champions, the Crusders pulling one out of their shebs and somehow winning the LFL..."

"They repeated yesterday too!"

"..and the..I know! Where was I? Oh yeah. And the Warriors winning the GCAA limmie title."

"It was a great, great year last year."

"But this..."

"I know."

"It's even better."

"I know, I'm feeling it too."

"Crusaders as you mentioned, defended their LFL crown beating a really tough Marksmen team."

"They even managed to win a few games during the regular season this year first."

"Ha!"

"Ya know, that team from Nal Hutta's moon has a strong system going right now."

"Skywalker is looking strong going forward."

"Yeah, yeah, let's talk about us though today right?"

"Oh absolutely."

"Then you have the Mercs do something that has never been done before. 130 Galactic Cup Games and this is the first time any team has ever won three Galactic Cup Championships in a row. The first!"

"I remember last season, after we repeated, and we all thought this was going to be the most improbable of tasks for the Mercs."

"Damn near impossible."

"And it nearly was, but they did it. They did it, oh by the manda the Mercs did it."

"Still sinking in?"

"It is, it really is. It's just..."

"I feel ya Justin. Even as the game wore on and it looked more and more like they would win, it didn't sink in just what they were accomplishing out there..."

"I think a lot of folks don't realize how hard it is to even get to the finals, much less win one. To have the chance to go to and win three in a row. That's pretty special."

"It's beyond special, it's...I mean there are no words."

"Folks over on the three letter network are already asking the question; 'Is this the best team in ELL history?'"

"Oh...oh wow."

"Certainly is an argument for it."

"One could make a case too for Fu Arock..."

"Y'all got AROCKED!"

"...as the best to ever play the game."

"Well as we've mentioned before, he is certainly the best player inb Mercs franchise history..."

"And I think an argument could be made for the best current player in the league."

"Three straight Numifolis awards, three Salbukk's over the last four years..."

"He may very well be. I don't know. I'm not smart enough to make that determination. I do know the man is a lock for the Hall of Fame."

"Amazing, amazing career."

"And he's not even done yet!"

"Speaking of careers and careers ending, what about the news from Mor'kesh last night?"

"That's. Well, I mean he is going out on his own terms. For those that haven't heard yet, take a listen."

The voice of the Mercs captain Argo Mor'kesh being interviewed were played over the wave.

"Argo, Argo. Peter Boynes, Limmie Tonight. You got really emotional accepting the Cup there for your team during the presentation ceremony. What was going through your mind?"

"I...man I dunno man. Just everything. Been fighting with these guys against the best competition in the Galaxy, and we've proven we can beat 'em all for three years running man. But....I'm done."

"Say that again Ar..."

"I'm done. I can't do it anymore. My contract is up, and I'm done. I love these guys, all of them. Everyone from the MVP to the guy pouring the nacho cheese. From Vizsla on down through our youngest fan, but I have no more to give to this game. This game I love, to the fans I love. I'm done. I'm going out on top, nothing can beat this feeling, nothing could ever top it...."

"Yeah, Argo Mor'kesh getting really emotional there announcing his retirement to the galaxy in the locker room following the game."

"And I think his team mates and the fans understand. I know I certainly do. He's been at the game for a long time and well you couldn't ask for a better retirement gift than a threepeat championship."

"No, couldn't ever even think to ask for something like that."

"It's, it's amazing."

"He played a good game too, not great, but good."

"He held his own against a really good midfielder set they have over there on Rydonni Prime, the game really turned early on when Corvo Antilles got hurt and was pulled from the game."

"Yeah, that was too bad. I would have liked to see how things would have gone if he had been able to play the entire game."

"Mercs were up by just one when it happened, 4-3, and really the flow of the game at the time had me thinking it was going to be a low scoring affair."

"Yeah, prior to that both Antilles and Stargazer looked nearly untouchable, it was taking great play from either teams forwards to get anything past either of them."

"When...when he went out and the rookie Ari'ann'emartell came in. You got the feeling that the Mercs forwards sensed blood in the water..."

"Bruce on the defensive end certainly did."

"Ha!"

"...and that's when Arock really took off and started taking it to the Monarchs, building up that big halftime lead."

"It was a turning point, and in the biggest game of limmie I think I have ever seen."

"Champions."

"Threepeat champions."

"What a season..."

"What a game!"

"It's why I love limmie, from the pee-wee leagues on up to the ELL. Anything can happen, even the impossible."

TAG: CPL_Macja, Trieste

OOC: I don't really know what else to say. I'm as flabbergasted as my characters here. The appearance of the commissioner pre approved by Trieste (though he didn't have time to approve the post itself, I do hope I did him justice). Antilles injury and removal from the game the brainchild of CPL_Macja

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Off season moves for the Mando'ade Mercs
    • Argo Mor'kesh (Midfielder) announces his retirement from the game of limmie.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Tuvaash Mauntak (cornerback) to a four year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Jo'ee Bos'a (halfback) to a four year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Gasnar (cornerback) to a two year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Paul Rooker (halfback) to a two year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Viela Pahre (midfielder) to a three year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Krieg (corner forward) to a one year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce the signing of Shayne (full forward) to a two year contract extension.
    • Mando'ade Mercs and Cornerback Roc Mynus unable to come to financial terms. Roc Mynus becomes a free agent.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that backup half forward Cody Williams (Human male) has opted for free agency and has become a free agent. Williams is looking for a guaranteed starting position.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that backup half forward Vobal Kennick (Devaronian male) has opted for free agency and has become a free agent. Kennick is looking for a guaranteed starting position.
    • Mando'ade Mercs announce that midfielder Kaeper'nick Kryze (Human, male, New Mandalorian) and the team have come to terms on a contract buyout. Kryze has ended his holdout and is now a free agent.
    • In the wake of team captain Argo mor'kesh's retirement, Mando'ade Mercs name current alternate team captain and reigning Salbukk and Numifolis award winner Fu Arock as team captain. Cornerback Tuvaash Mauntak is named as the new alternate team captain.
    TAG: Trieste

Runjedirun, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

New
    • Personel changes for the the Pirates:
      • John Masters (Human, Male, Midfielder) becomes a free agent
      • Longjon Sylver (O'reenian, Male, Midfielder) becomes a free agent
      • Car’rick Adelaide (Twi’lek, Male, Corner Forward) becomes a free agent
      • Gorgalan "Gor" Irukandji (Nikto, Male, Half Forward) retires from the spot of Limmie ( to join the Carratos Defense Force)
      • Sources in the Pirates' front office state that they are interested in acquiring Lizbit Comstock, though some think it is due to pressure from Eponette Ternardiel current captain wanting to play with her former teammate again. Ternardiel has been the team captain since 282 after Logan Manx-Sandin retired as a player, and has led the team to its Galactic cup win in 283. Ternardiel is also in contract negotiations with the team lending credence to the rumors of her pressuring Schnitt Polenta into signing Comstock.

Darth_Elu, Vehn, Runjedirun and 3 others like this.
  21. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    GM Approved:

Name: Andres Fortune
    Species: Human
    Physical Appearance: 6’ 4”, bearded, receding hairline
    Home World: Corellia
    Relation to Team: Starting Forward for the Ralltiir Starkillers

[​IMG]

Every morning Andres wakes up with aching knees, sore ankles, and a stiff back. Some mornings his wife, Justyne, is on speaking terms with him. Some days go by when the husband and wife don’t speak at all. Some mornings Andres wakes up to an empty bed. He knows his wife will tell him she got up early to go to the gym, but he knows she’s cheating. He can’t call her out because he’s had his share of affairs. Every day his 9 year old son Marty can be counted on to eat like more like a growing a Hutt than a human boy. Without a doubt his step daughter Zoey who is almost 13 will give him an attitude.

Andres wants to wake up free of pain, with rested muscles. He’d like to work on repairing his marriage. Marty needed to exercise more, play video games less and eat healthier foods. Someday Zoey will smile again. He can have a normal life and a normal family. Move out of Cambrielle and settle somewhere quiet.

There’s just one catch. Andres wants prove to the Galaxy that he is one of if not the best Limmie forwards ever born. He wants to show the Galaxy why he deserved to be a first round draft pick in 272. The Mercs and Smugglers needed to know they had made a mistake by trading him from their rosters. He knows he’s put a lot of kilometers on his legs and that his arm can only throw so many more passes. His contract expires at the end of the ’87 season. This is his last chance. So he’s putting his desire to have the perfect family on hold and going for it.

Tags: Everyone

Jedi Gunny, Darth_Elu, Vehn and 3 others like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Nar Shaddaa Smugglers unable to come to contract extensions with the following players who are released to free agency:
      • Tom "Iceman" Kazan'sky (Chiss, Male, Forward)
      • Peter "Maverick" Mitchell (Human, Male, Forward)
      • Annabelle Shaw (Human, Female, Midfielder)
    • Smugglers extend the contracts of the following players:
      • Mick Steele
      • Zelena Wiles
      • Sa'Ahkuun
    TAG: Vehn

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  23. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Euceron Officers pick up five players from free agency
      • Car’rick Adelaide (Twi’lek, Male, Corner Forward, formerly of the Carratos Pirates)
      • Owen Magnus (Human, Male, Goalkeeper, formerly of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
      • Charles Brown (Human, Male, Half Back, formerly of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
      • Kettin Hervey (Koruun, Male, Half Back, formerly of the Ralltiir Starkillers)
      • Tendra Nalo (Human, Female, Full Forward, formerly of the Hapes Consortium Buccaneers)
    TAG: jcgoble3

Vehn, jcgoble3, Runjedirun and 2 others like this.
  24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• First wave of ELL free agents sign with new teams
    • Lizbit Comstock (Human, Female, Goalkeeper, formerly Bakura Miners) signs with Ralltiir Starkillers
      • Comstock was reportedly courted by no less than four ELL teams
      • HSN analyst: "She is the prize of this offseason"
    • Starkillers also sign Kaeper'nick Kryze (Human [New Mandalorian], Male, Midfielder, formerly Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Euceron Officers sign 8 ELL veteran players
      • Longjon Sylver (O'reenian, Male, Midfielder, formerly Carratos Pirates)
      • Roc Mynus (Devaronian, Male, Corner Back, formerly Mando'ade Mercs)
      • Aaltoides Minte (Chagrian, Male, Full Back, Coruscant Senators)
      • Selene Bondi (Human, Female, Corner Back, formerly Coruscant Senators)
      • Leo "the Lion" Fostiir (Human, Male, Defensive Back, formerly Ralltiir Starkillers)
      • Vobal Kennick (Devaronian, Male, Half Forward, formerly Mando'ade Mercs)
      • John Masters (Human, Male, Midfielder, formerly Carratos Pirates)
      • Cody Williams (Human, Male, Half Forward, formerly Mando'ade Mercs)
    • Coruscant Senators sign Bestide Mol'der (Bohtan, Female, Half Back, formerly Carratos Pirates)
    • Nar Shaddaa Smugglers sign Wilhem Gates (Human, Male, Half Forward, formerly Carratos Pirates)
    • More signings expected tomorrow as Draft gets underway
    TAG: galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Elite League Limmie 287: Beast Riders in the Sky

Nar Shaddaa

Fenrir Lokensgaard poked his head out from the wings at stage left. “Helloooooo Nar Shaddaa!” the Commissioner said. He stepped all the way out onto the stage. “So I guess you all like the Draft now that you get to host it. And well you should. This is one of the most star-studded drafts I’ve ever seen.

“But before we get to the first overall pick, we have to talk about who has that pick,” Lokensgaard told the crowd. “See, the Board of Governors met a while back and...well...I have some bad news for some of you.

“To the Buccaneers fans who are here today expecting to see their team with the first overall pick...yeah...about that. I’m sorry to say your team got demoted.”

There was a section of cheers that went up at the news.

“Those would be the Miner fans, who have intuited that their team is now picking first overall,” Lokensgaard to those not in the know. “Let’s put a pin in that, because there’s more bad news. Junker fans? Sorry, you had a good run, but the team from Jakku was also demoted by the Board. I don’t mean to be mean, but let’s face it: nobody wants to go to Jakku. Seriously, you had some ticket sales problems.

“However.” Lokensgaard laid emphasis on the word. “There is good news as well. The Board of Governors was not in favor of a ten team league. That would be boring. We don’t do boring. I don’t do boring. So we have two new teams.

“Gentlebeings, I give you the latest additions to Elite League Limmie…

“The Euceron Officers!

“And the Onderon Beast Riders!”

The giant vidscreen behind Lokensgaard exploded to life with the logos of both teams in a colorful bonanza of graphics and animations befitting the most prominent sports league in the galaxy. The announcement was greeted with applause and enthusiasm from throughout the hall.

“Yes, that’s right, the ELL is coming back to Euceron!” Lokensgaard continued. “And why wouldn’t we after that amazing Final last year? They know their limmie on Euceron and the ELL is getting in on the ground floor.

“And I think you all know the Beast Riders after last season’s amazing run to the Premiership. We take only the best in the Elite League and Onderon proved, conclusively, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that they are among the best.

“So this season, we’re shaking things up in the conferences a bit. We’re actually adding both teams to the Skywalker Conference. To compensate, we’re moving Stewjon over to the Solo Conference to spice things up over there.”

A matrix of all 12 teams appeared on the vidscreen with the new conference memberships.

“Of course...there’s one thing that we haven’t talked about,” Fenrir said. “Well, not today anyways. Both of these teams have known for a while that their applications for the Elite League were accepted. I swore them to secrecy because...c’mon, you know me, I love the big reveal.” He motioned to the vidscreen behind him dancing with animation and eye-popping graphics. “But both these teams knew they were getting in because they had to prepare for the Draft.”

Fenrir let that sit for a second.

“That’s right, both the Beast Riders and the Officers are participating in the Draft!”

The fans of those teams on hand went nuts.

“Yeah, that’s right Miner fans. Shouldn’t count your Endorian chickens before they hatch. You’re even the closest team to Endor, so you should know these things.

“Anyways, there was a bit of negotiation about who was going to go first. After all, we’ve never had two new teams participate in the Draft at the same time,” Lokensgaard said. “We had to balance the needs of a new team with acknowledging the hard-fought battles in the Premier League that led the Beast Riders here. So, which one did we pick?”

Lokensgaard paused dramatically.

The vidscreen then went through a splashy animation to reveal the 287 draft order:
    1. Onderon Beast Riders
    2. Euceron Officers
    3. Bakura Miners
    4. Carratos Pirates
    5. Ralltiir Starkillers
    6. Coruscant Senators
    7. Nar Shaddaa Smugglers
    8. Mando'ade Mercs
    “Yes, we decided that winning the Premiership deserved the first overall pick,” Lokensgaard explained. “After all, we in the ELL are but one part of the galaxy of limmie. We respect the achievements of those in other leagues.

“So, with all the preliminaries out of the way, I officially open the 287 Elite League Limmie Draft!” Lokensgaard proclaimed. “The Onderon Beast Riders are on the clock!”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

(OOC explanatory note: I decided to award the Beast Riders the first overall pick as Darth_Elu is new to the game and this has been our tradition. Additionally, had the Buccaneers continued in the ELL, they would naturally have had this draft position anyways, so jcgoble3 is not cheated in the overall scheme of things. ;) As always, TAG the next team after your pick so they know they're on the clock!)

Vehn, Darth_Elu, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.