main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Elite League Limmie

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"The College limmie season is fast approaching and HSN has released their pre-season rankings."

"Last year's champion VCU start out the season ranked at number one. They lost a lot of talent but few can reload like Vertical City."

"The Golden Bears of UB Salis D'aar are just a few votes behind them at number 2, while KMI is the #3 team in the galaxy."

"Oh come on, gotta talk about number 13!"

"And much to the joy of StarBucks everywhere..."

"Especially the one here in the studio."

"...The StarBucks of The Ord Sabaok University start the season at #13..."

"Which would put them in the playoff under the new format!"

"Long season Justin, long season."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

[hr]

[B][U]HSN pre-season top 25[/U][/B]

[LIST=1]
    [*]Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    [*]UB Salis D'aar
    [*]Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    [*]Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    [*]University of Zeltros
    [*]Chandrilla A&M
    [*]University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    [*]University of Mon Calamari
    [*]Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    [*]Wookiee Forrest Institute
    [*]University of Ord Mantell
    [*]Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk
    [*][I]The[/I] Ord Sabaok University
    [*]University of Garos (Garos IV)
    [*]Druckenwell Technical University
    [*]University of Euceron
    [*]Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III
    [*]UB Gesco City
    [*]Garqi State University
    [*]Taanab A&M University
    [*]University of Trandosha
    [*]Iaswell College of the Sciences
    [*]Palentine University
    [*]University of Ylesia
    [*]Ackbar Air Fleet College, Dac
    [/LIST]

[hr]

OOC: Going to make another change to the playoff format this season. Last year I went with the top 8 teams making it to post season play. This year, the top 16 teams will make it to a tournament style playoffs. So get your brackets ready, Limmie Lunacy is on it's way!

2. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jai'galaar 'Jai' Buteo
    Nar Shaddaa Valor, Foundation Museum, Nar Shaddaa

As she left the bodyguard noted something on the ground, something shining. Quickly she knelt down to collect it, a silver trinket of some sort. An emerald, or other green gem was set into it, a fish or some kind of scaled creature wrapped around it. The object seemed valuable, if not in credits then in sentimental value. She didn't have time to look it over very closely Logan had already entered the vehicle and the detail was waiting on her. She took a few moments to sweep the perimeter, see if any were near that could claim ownership of the item.

None were apparent so she tucked it into one of the many pouches on her belt and stepped into the speeder.

Jai, had been busy keeping the Pirate golden boy safe. So busy that she hadn't really had time investigate further into trinket he found. She did have a name, Ataaré Kittsad, it was engraved into the metal with great care. She ran a search but, turned up only that she was married to Tharsaul Kittsad. She could do a deeper look into the name find out more but, with the daily threat assessments and the hours spent on duty significantly reduced her time to investigate. She kept the object on her person though, not letting it out of her possession for a moment.

Now she stood in the locker room on the last day of practice before the team headed out to Onderon. The starting lineup had been chosen and curiously it was all Carratosians. She was sure that it wasn't an intentional choice by Logan. However there weren't that many non-Carratosians on the team, by her count, only three remained. Out of 29 players it was a staggering ratio, part of her pondered why the Pirates were so dead set on keeping the team local. Would it not serve them better to hire better players from outside the system? It was clear the other teams did this, why not this team.

Looking at them they were all silent eyes burning. She got the sense this team was frustrated. There was a weight to their bodies that spoke to their pent up emotions, emotions they wanted to express. That could be useful, or dangerous. It could drive them to fight harder, be more aggressive than their opponents it could also cause them to overextend to leave themselves open to counterattack. It would require control or a firm hand from their leader. Which right now was Logan, they had yet to choose a team captain. It seemed their previous captain left under less than amiable circumstances.

The coach looked around the room taking in the atmosphere of the room. He took a deep breath appearing to center himself before speaking.

"Well team," he started getting their attention, "We head out to Onderon soon they're back in the ELL and will want to prove themselves, they're going to be bringing their best and we have to match that." Most of the team nodded their heads, "Before we can do that though we need someone to lead on the field. With the loss of Ponie…" The some in the team replied with boos at the name. "We've had a vacancy in the team captain position." He paused letting the team prepare for his announcement. "After much deliberation, there was really only one choice…" Three women looked up, Mikia Sandin-Manx, Logan's wife, Ariel Teaping, the young former Rookie of the Year, and Leigh Cavanagh, the offensive powerhouse. "Leigh," Mikia nodded her head but, Ariel snarled a little, "you've been with the team since the beginning and you've really stepped it up out there I think a change in pace will do us some good."

Logan pulled an extra jersey off the shelf and moved over to her, Jai staid where she was, turning her attention to Boutros, the other person she needed to protect. A smirk grew across the Zeltron's face. It was hard to tell why she was smiling but, something pleased her about this turn of events. The coach moved over to the new captain handing her the black and white jersey in his lap. She held it up showing that it was hers with a captain 'C' on the chest of it.

The team applauds, hoots and shouts approvingly of their new field leader. It seemed Logan made the right decision in picking her as the new team captain. Leigh put on the shirt that now identified her as the commander on the pitch. She seemed to take the role with some reverence nodding her head slightly as she looked to her fellows.

"Well I guess this is real then," she said with some surprise, "I…I'm going to have to do my best then, in the end that's all we've got right, our best." Her voice seemed nervous at first but, leveled out towards the end, truly accepting her role. She stood up taller, squaring her shoulders, trying to look a little more confidant. Maybe it would work for her or maybe it would it was hard to tell, right now at least. Given time she might prove to be competent or not. As they say it's a long season anything could happen.

Jai didn't really care too much about how the team did but, she was being paid by them so they succeed she gets paid more. The sport was entertaining enough, there were more boring things to watch-like Lightball-but, it never really grabbed her. Maybe it was her mother, someone who didn't care one wit about things outside of her interests. Said interests being bounty hunting, target practice and playing the bes'bev. She was actually fairly good and often used it to lull young Jai to sleep at night.

Jai tried herself to learn but, always had trouble, maybe she'd have the time to pick it up again, though given her workload, she might not. There was also the matter of the pendant, she had a name but, nothing more solid than that, she knew it was going to vex her…

Though hopefully not for the whole season.

TAG: Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  3. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

It's opening day! Hooray!!! That means we need an awesome gif to get this party started.

[​IMG]

You are welcome.

Bonus rolls for all player teams!

You are welcome again.

287 Week 1 Results
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Euceron Officers (4-20)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Dac Mariners (9-27)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Denon Demons (25-19)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Coruscant Senators (37-1)
    Mando'ade Mercs at Bakura Miners (3-36)
    Carratos Pirates at Onderon Beast Riders (23-26)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

jcgoble3, Darth_Elu and Vehn like this.
  4. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Austin Vehn

Smugglers 37, Senators 1

Austin watched stoically as Addison Karr high fived Vera Grames and those around her. The Smugglers had pulled off a huge road win in the famed Rim War in a series that had gone the Senators way in recent years. Now, Nar Shaddaa had started the season off with a bang and looked poised to do great things after missing out on the Galactic Cup Finals last year.

Addison, excited and exuberant, turned to hug Austin. Austin flinched ever so slightly. Not because he didn't want a hug but because he made it a priority to never show affection to those he watched over. He was here to protect. Not here to socialize or celebrate in the moment.

The room emptied save for Addison.

Addison stopped in mid embrace. She tilted her head slightly as she studied Austin who remained stoically looking at the field down below. Her arms dropped to her sides as she realized that Austin wouldn't reciprocate the gesture.

"Not into that sort of thing? Did the Jedi train emotion out of you?" Addison asked.

"I am here to protect you," Austin replied, "if I get emotionally involved it could compromise the mission."

"We just won a great game against a fierce rival. Aren't you excited at all? Doesn't any of that make you happy?" Addison asked.

"I don't follow limmie," Austin replied, "and what makes me happy would be making sure that you survive this season. I know what happened to Kaitlyn Vehn. Her death at the hands of Markel Drexel was broadcast across the Holonet. The way she died in Lilly's arms was horrible. I never want to see that again. I saw enough death in the war to last several lifetimes. Forgive me if I seem distant."

"The war changed you," Addison said, "in particular what you did on Man Gazza. Yes, I remember, you were there. I knew I had also seen you somewhere other than DTU. You were leading the charge across the battlefield when our freighter landed in no-man's land. I remember you were wet and exhausted. I remember you were hungry. I remember your kind hands and that look in your eyes: vacant, hollow. The war changed you, Austin."

Austin took his eyes away from the field. He brought his gaze down to meet Addison's who still looked at him in a questioning manner. "The war," Austin replied, "changed us all. It changed the galaxy. I remember meeting you as well. You were like a ray of sunlight in a very dark place. For a brief moment you helped bring out the humanity in me before the war resumed. Mon Gazza was a horrible place. I vowed to never return."

"Who gave you this mission?" Addison asked, "I mean, why didn't you go back to the Jedi after the war?"

Always the questions with this one, Austin thought. "I'm not at liberty to discuss who hired me. All you need to know is that I am committed to the mission. As far as the Jedi, well, they betrayed my trust. I refused to serve them any longer when they asked that I withhold knowledge that could help my family, in particular my sister, find someone very dear to her."

"They asked you to turn on your family?" Addison clarified.

"They asked me to withold information," Austin replied, "which in my mind is a very similar choice."

"Well," Addison replied, "let's hope that I never put you in that position. We need to go. Our shuttle is waiting."

Tag: No One.

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Andres Fortune

Away locker rooms have never been my favorite place. The one on Denon has funky odor as we walk in the morning of our game. My jersey hangs neatly on a hook between Sureysh’s and Dunerider’s. As we dress for the game I still struggle to remember the “eye rule”. In a co-ed locker room there’s an unwritten rule that you keep your eyes on the wall when players dress. Peeking has gotten me in more trouble than I want to admit over the years. Most famously when one of those looks led to a relationship with Alyda Hovechar. She’d been the girl that got away.

She caught me looking. I played dumb the first couple of times. Then I caught her peeking at me. One night when we were practicing late we got to talking, when you’re alone in a locker room one thing can lead to another fast. We saw each other for months. She ended up pregnant. I almost never knew about the baby. I wanted to keep it, but the decision wasn’t mine to make. The affair ended with a two year separation agreement between Justyne and I and worse I was traded to Nar Shaada.

Still with all the heartache I still longed for her touch. I saw children the age ours would have been and couldn’t help but wonder what could have been. Today I had a good relationship with my wife so I was careful not to look. Quickly I straightened my uniform and jogged out the tunnel onto the field for warm-ups.

It’s not a long warm-up. I throw a few passes, dribble up and down the field a few times and stretch. We head back into the locker room for a final pep talk from the coaches and our team Captain, Kara Sureysh. We are the visitors so we run out together not as individuals. I proudly jog out to my spot at Full Forward. I do a few quick sets of high knees and play begins. It’s fast and furious. No one wants to lose on opening day and for the Demons it’s especially important to protect home turf.

At first glance Sugnok Umanh and I are an even match up. We’re both veterans of the game. Probably about the same height and weight. Umanh is on my every move. I decide to see how much he has and run across the field several times. Eventually he’s winded enough that I’m open. I receive a pass from Lofykam and power kick the ball into the net. It feels fantastic. Even if it did take almost the entire first half to wear out Umanh. I had him where I wanted now. We headed to the locker room behind by two points.

Coach Dash pulled me aside to ask how I was feeling. He wanted me to sit the beginning of the second half. “No sir!” I argued. “I just got my momentum. Let me play.”

He agrees and I know I have a lot to prove. I don’t let myself, my team, or my coaching staff down. I score 7 points in the 2nd half. We win by 6. Everything feels good, until I try to get out of my seat half way home to go to the fresher. My knees pop, my back is sore, it takes two attempts to get to my feet and out in the isle. Using the fresher proves to be a chore as well. I stop by the trainer’s bay before heading back to my seat.

“May I help you Mr. Fortune?” The head trainer asks politely. My attention is immediately focused on the occupied cot in the med bay. A body lie sound asleep with a cold press on his head and it’s not one of my teammates it’s Assistant Head Coach Ty Allin.

“Is he okay?” I ask.

“Just sleeping off a headache,” the trainer assures me.

“Is he going to be okay?” I ask more specifically.

“He’ll be just fine. It’s just a headache,” the trainer explains again.

“Is it normal for him to be asleep with an ice pack on his forehead?” I inquire further.

“Oh,” she says reaching over to remove the compress. “I suppose you're right,” she says adding some nervous laughter. “Now that he’s asleep we could remove the cold press. Now,” she says switching gears. “What is it that brought you in here?”

I tell her about the pain in my back, my knees and my heels. She opens a cabinet and opens two bottles of pills. She hands me a little cup with 6 pills total and another small cup of water. “Take these,” she says. “I’ll have my assistant bring you some ice for your knees. Unless you’d rather hang here with me.”

I can’t bring myself to look at Ty, so I agree to go back to my seat. An assistant shows up just a few minutes later and wraps me knees for me. She even has a smaller ice pack for my heel. I spend the rest of the flight home alternating with 15 minutes of ice and 15 minutes without ice. Thankfully it is easier to get up when we land. I notice my parents have brought the children to meet us. Lucie, Ty’s wife is there with their children. I look around concerned and see Ty is awake now, alert and one of the first to run down the ramp to hug his kids.

My son waves as I come down the ramp, “Over here dad.” I walk over and bring him in for a hug.

“What did you think of the game?” I ask.

“You were really good!” He says excitedly.

“Not bad for an old man,” Zoey put in.

“And your mother helped,” I said bringing Justyne in beside me and kissing her on the head.

“Oh, stop it.” She flirts.

“Gross!” Zoey makes a face.

We take the kids home, it’s late by the time we unpack. The next morning I’m hitting snooze for the third time when I hear. “Aren’t you getting up? The kids will be late.”

“Why don’t you do it,” I mumble.

“Oh, hell no!”

“I took care of last week,” I say rolling over in the other direction and closing my eyes.

I feel the blanket ripped off my body. “Both of us will do it,” my wife decides. “Now!” I guess I’m not moving fast enough.

I open Marty’s door. “Up, up, up!” I order. “Chocolate shake will be ready in 5 minutes.”

“I thought I told you no sugar,” Justyne says when I start the shake.

“The boy needs to eat,” I reply.

She reaches over and shuts off the blender. “He can eat oats and fruit.”

“He wants a shake,” I say turning the device back on.

Next thing I know Zoey is behind us in a pair of jeans that have rips not just in the knees but all the way up the thighs. “Those show too much skin.” I say.

“Lay off,” Zoey says brushing by me to get to the ice box.

“I’m asking you to change,” I say forcefully.

“You’re not my father,” she reminds me.

I look to Justyne for help. Justyne is pouring the chocolate protein shake down the sink. “Hey, that protein powder isn’t cheap!”

“No sugar, means no sugar.”

“Would you two stop arguing,” Zoey says. “You’re giving me a headache.”

“What’s going on?” Marty asks as he finally makes his way downstairs.

“I’m taking you to school,” I say grabbing his arm. “Come on. We’ll get breakfast on the way.” I turn and give Justyne an evil glare. I’m so pissed off I don’t even catch her reaction.

“Wait up!” Zoey calls grabbing her bag off the counter.

The kids are late for school. I have to sign them in. I’m late for voluntary practice. I assume Justyne will pick the kids up, so I get a call from the school 20 minutes after normal pick up time to let me know someone needs to pick the kids up. That night I wait up and Justyne never comes home.

I make the best of the next two days. Both children ask about their mother. Finally Zoey says she got a text. “Mom says she needed some space. She says she’ll message you later. Maybe you can meet for lunch. You want my adive?” She asks. I don’t, but Zoey gives me the advice anyway. “Move on. My mother is two timing you the way you two timed her. It’s obvious you two don’t love each other.”

I sit down next to Zoey on the sofa. “Sweetheart, it was one argument. We’re both a little stressed about work. It will pass. Just remember we love you.”

“Sell it to someone else,” she says getting up from her seat and retreating upstairs to her room.

I meet Justyne for lunch. Justyne says she needs some space. She makes up this story that she’s been staying in a hotel. I don’t know what to do so I pretend to believe her. To my surprise she asks my permission to come back home. I say, “Of course.” We don’t speak at all for the rest of the week. The house is awkward. Mostly it gives me an excuse to stay late at practice and work on my Limmie. We play Dac on Sunday and it’s going to be a tough game. They blew out the Metropolitans on opening day. I watch hours of tape. Studying the defense over and over. I spend hours on the field learning new plays and perfecting old ones.

The day before the game I’m at the stadium just doing some last minute cramming when an official from the league taps me on the shoulder. I literally jump. The guy doesn’t even announce himself, he just sneaks up on me. “Mr. Fortune,” he says. “I’m going to need a sample.”

He hands me what can only be called a pee cup. I hold the cup while he puts a label on it. “Now I need your initials that this is the cup I gave you,” he says handing me a pen. I initial the cup and walk back to a fresher unit. Suddenly I begin to wonder about all the pills I’ve taken. Ty and the trainer have been handing them out like candy. I’m so nervous I can’t pee. “Mr. Fortune,” I hear the league official call. “Is everything okay?” I take a breath and fill the cup.

“No, everything’s fine. I just haven’t hydrated as much as I should today,” I explain. “Here you go I say screwing the cap on the cup. The official seals the cup in a baggy while I wash my hands.

“Thank you Mr. Fortune,” he says as he walks out of the locker room. My heart pounds as I lean my head back and say a quick prayer to the Limmie Gods.

Tag: @ no one

Trieste, Darth_Elu and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh man what a stinker the Mercs put up yesterday."

"Horrible, horrible game."

"It really was, no arguing that. Shut down in the first game of the season. Not a good way to start off defending their latest Galactic Cup championship."

"No, no it's not, but let's not forget, the Mercs lost their season openers the last two season's they were defending that title, and those both ended up in not only a return to the playoffs, but their own Galactic Cup titles."

"True, very true. But both those games were at home..."

"So?"

"You had the ring and banner ceremonies, all that emotion from the crowd, it's hard sometimes I think, and the play on the field bears this out, to keep on your game when you're emotionally drained after all that."

"Sure, sure. I can see that, but..."

"But starting the season on the road, we didn't have that this go around."

"Nope..."

"They just came out flat."

"Totally outplayed in every phase of the game."

"Couldn't score."

"Shutdown in game one with Arock and Kendal getting points in the first half and then Jo'Ker scoring one on a broken play in garbage time late in the second."

"Seemed like every offensive possession was a broken play."

"What few they had, yeah. The bigger problem was the horrid play at midfield where the loss of Mor'kesh was readily apparent."

"Couldn't get the ball to the offensive zone..."

"No they couldn't. Giles was routinely exposed for the rookie he is..."

"Think he was overly amped up?"

"huh?"

"First ELL game, in front of his hometown folks from college..."

"Could be. Hope so, because he played horribly after winning the starting job opposite Irvin during training camp."

"Wasn't much better on the defensive end."

"Nope, Stargazer was under assault all night and gave up 30 points before being pulled for Farmhand there in the second half."

"Kor'le was emptying the bench at that point, not that it did us any good."

"Kept any starters from getting injured, though after that drubbing their pride was injured enough."

"I was looking at the stats guys and that 33 point loss is the Mercs worst loss since 274 when they lost to the Starkillers. 34-0 in a week four game at Ralltiirs."

"Yikes, worst loss in over a decade."

"Could be worse."

"How so?"

"At least we usually don't lose that big every week."

"Yeah you just keep going ahead and tempting the limmie gods."

"Especially with that team from Nal Hutta's moon on the schedule for next week."

TAG: Trieste

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Declan Trieste
    MSN: the Mandalorian Sports Net

(This post is inspired by my experiences listening to Hawaiian radio, which is not far off from this post in the way they mix Hawaiian and English phrases without hesitation. :D)

On projectors throughout the galaxy the action had only just started between the Miners and Mercs with the boloball put into play at midfield and secured by the tall midfielder for the Miners, Jolla Pic.

“It’s another great start to the simir here at Bakura Gardens with the 287 season officially underway!” the play-by-play caller said enthusiastically. “We’re glad to be with you on the Mercs’ quest for the...what are we going to call this? The four-peat?”

“How about the quat-row?” the color commentator suggested.

“Now that’s funny!”

“Anyways, whether you’re home on Manda’yim or elsewhere in the oyu’baat, we’re glad you’re with us, mando’ade,” the color commentator said.

“And the Miners work up the field fast. They get the boloball in the hands of Goff--and he hurls it into the back of the net! 3-0 Miners in the first minute of play.”

The video showed the six forwards of the Miners gather to congratulate the full forward as the fans provided a soundtrack of cheers. The home crowd enjoyed this early victory over one of their great rivals of the age and several shots of the mostly-human Bakurans of all ages, from young kids going nuts to wizened long-time fans, proved it.

“And the evaar’la alor of the Miners, Declan Trieste, has got to like that. He hasn’t owned this traat’aliit for more than 60 seconds of action and they’ve already scored a goal,” the play-by-play caller stated.

The video cut to a replay of Declan and Ayn Trieste up in the midfield owners box at the Gardens. Everyone in the box was sitting, intent on the game, and suddenly they all jumped up in celebration. Declan put both arms in the air, hands clenched into fists of celebration before transitioning into three strong, enthusiastic claps, lauding his team. When he finished, he turned to his wife and mirrored her smile. They kissed each other in mutual congratulations over the felicitous beginning of Declan’s tenure as owner.

“A jate start for the Miners to begin the game, but the Mercs are going to try to get a quick answer now…”

“So let’s jorhaa’ir about the evaar’la alor of the Miners,” the play-by-play caller continued, “Declan Trieste. You all remember his vod Falene, owner-player of the team.”

The feed switched from the time out on the field to another look at the owner’s box. The new Chairman of the Miners looked pretty relaxed, as well he should be with the 9-1 lead his team was holding halfway through the first half. His head was inclined slightly towards his wife, who was saying something to him. With no microphones in the owner’s box, only lip readers might have an idea what it was about.

“She was a true verd,” the color commentator interjected about Falene.

“That she was. Apparently she’s going to go explore the oyu’baat now instead of playing meshgeroya.”

Declan nodded his head in response to whatever Ayn had said. As he did so his eyes flitted from side to side, assessing the pitch during the break in play.

“Like many a true verd. Meshgeroya is great, but at it’s heart it is just geroya.”

“A geroya the mando’ade dominates,” the color commentator pointed out.

“And Falene was an ori reason the Miners won those 270 championships. Now her brother, he is some alorir on Bakura. ‘Governor,’ whatever that is.”

“Sounds like some kind of an Imperial to me, ori’vod,” the color commentator said.

“And--do we have time? Are they still playing silly aruetii commercials on the other channels? We have time, nuhur,” the play-by-play caller confirmed. “Well, this alorir’ika said some pretty ori’dush things in an interview this week before the start of the season. Let’s show the footage.”

They cut to archive footage from earlier in the week. The caption at the bottom said, “Courtesy of the BBC.” Declan’s body was angled away from the camera, indicating he was focused on someone else, the interviewer no doubt. Behind him was a well-appointed room, perhaps his office at the capitol in Golden Prairie or the Governor’s Mansion.

“I think a lot of fans throughout the galaxy are like me, frustrated by seeing one team dominate limmie. That’s not good for the sport. I think the Board of Governors should consider rule changes to make the game more competitive.”

An off-screen interviewer asked, “Changes that would target that one team in particular?”

“Changes that would open the game up,” Declan clarified. “They did this back in the 220s when Chandrila was dominating the game. It’s not without precedent.”

The feed returned to live action in Mesh’la Vhetin where Declan was silently watching the play about to resume.

“I bet that went over real well in his call with the Mand’alor when they spoke after he became alor of the Miners,” the color commentator said.

“It’s a sign he’s a burk’yc alor. No ijaa,” the play-by-play commentator said. “Can’t parjir on the vhetin, then bikadinir in the norac like a hut’uun.”

Declan turned to look over his shoulder at Regan Eldred, previous Chair of the Miners, who was leaning down to say something to him.

“You can say that again. He better think twice before showing his face on Manda’yim next season.”

“Let’s see if the Mercs gratiir him for it now that the bolo-ball is back in play…” and the video feed returned to the on-field action.

On the game feed, Horst Penn hauled down reigning Salbukk and Numifolis Award winner Fu Arock with a solid tackle.

“And Penn brings Arock down and the Miners recover the boloball.”

Burc’ya, of all the Miners, you would agree that Penn is the least dush, would you not?”

“You speak the haat,” the color commentator agreed.

The play moved up the field towards the Mercs’ end as Ponie Ternardiel worked the center of the pitch.

“What I can’t understand is how a ramikad jag like Penn can be related to someone as utyc as Declan Trieste,” the color commentator continued.

The feed added a picture-in-picture of Declan Trieste with his head supported by one hand. His elbow was propped on the armrest and two fingers extended up the length of his cheek as he took in the on-field action. The small smile on his face indicated his pleasure at the runaway score of 26-2 in favor of the Miners.

“They should make Penn alor of the Ijaa Aliit,” the play-by-play caller said.

“That would be kandosii’la! Then these Miners would be truly verda and worthy to share the vhetin with our Mercs.”

The picture-in-picture of Declan faded away so the viewers could focus on Jolla Pic gaining the Mercs’ zone.

“And the Miners take the parjai today, 36-3,” the play-by-play caller sighed. “Mercs drop their season opener again, and second straight loss to the Miners, who keep the Beskar Axe. The Miners’ new goalkeeper, Marnie Blake, records her second shutdown in her first three starts.”

The feed switched to Declan Trieste, standing from his seat and applauding. His first game as owner was a victory and he looked quite pleased with it. He started receiving congratulations from the other Triestes in the box.

“No doubt Declan Trieste will claim it’s all his doing. Probably his doing they got rid of that ori’jate keeper Comstock. No verbuyc to veterans here, as there should be.” The color commentator paused. “Hey, why don’t we call them the Bakura Vheyers?”

“They probably aren’t thinking of that kind of vhey. It’s more about digging than it is about blowing things up.”

“Typical Bakurans. Missing a good opportunity to be awesome like the Mercs. We’ll see you next week back home at Mesh’la Vhetin against the skanah Smugglers, vod!”

TAG: Bardan_Jusik (who I collaborated with on this post and approved it in advance of posting)

Vehn, Runjedirun, Darth_Elu and 2 others like this.
  8. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Mana Kittsad IC:
    ~Great Iziz Field, Iziz, Onderon~

It had been a long week since Mana had left the ELL Draft and Nar Shaddaa behind. While it had been exhilarating and one of the best experiences he had ever had to date, there was a major letdown that had occurred near the end.

The pendant.

It had been his mother's before the accident that had claimed the lives of both his parents. She had always worn it. Except that day. Despite his hardships, he never did blame either of them. Plus he had it much better than many others throughout the galaxy.

I mean, sure, he went through trouble with the others on Porus Vida maybe, but he was still rich in the end!

On his grand tour of Limmie Following for this season, he now had followed the Onderon Beast Riders to their home stadium to host the Carratos Pirates. Sans the pendant. He was still happy, for the most part, but there was that small ache from losing it. A hole that couldn't be filled.

He didn't blame his parents, he even had fond memories of his father. But it was his mother that was truly the kindest to him. The one he missed the most. It felt like she had lost her all over again.

Glancing up and briefly coming out of his thoughts, he raised a fist to cheer on with the other Onderon fans that had come out in droves; they scored a goal near the end of the first half. They were behind Carratos at the moment, but they were making a slow comeback. Both teams were really fighting it out for the first game.

There was no better way to make one's mark then to show your resolve the moment the starting gates were opened. That went for both teams.

For a moment, the hybrid man looked over to the holo-screen and saw himself and others highlighted on it. Their cheering behind shown, with many of them going nuts when they noticed them being on the big screen. Normally he would have too.

For now, he merely smiled and waved. Feeling more awkward than normal. Before it cut away again, he noticed it caught him clutching at his chest at an imaginary pendant. He was hoping they were going to cut away a second before, not that anyone would think much of it or care, but it was embarrassing to be so tied to an object. Especially one no longer in his possession.

With a sigh, he could only continue to look on and cheer for the Beast Riders.

Here, I'll make a bet with Fate. If we lose, I move on. If we win, I'll find my pendant somehow. Not sure how, but it'll happen.

Eventually Mana would see the scoreboard at the end of the game, the fans rejoicing all around him.

Carratos: 23
    Onderon: 26

"That settles it," he murmured to himself.

Now I just need to see if Fate follows through.

Tag: galactic-vagabond422

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn.

"First week in college limmie and it's already a tough season for the powerhouses in the S16. Both number 6 Chanrdilla A&M and number 7 UC Bellal Vistal fall to GVSU and Republic respectively. GVSU took it to A&M in resounding fashion winning by a 24 to four score while Republic needed double overtime before taking out UCBV 32-30 in a sloppy game."

"Elsewhere, University of Euceron lost their home opener 12-10 while Taanab A&M took care of business in theirs 22-5."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

HSN Top 25 after Week 1

1. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    4. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    5. University of Zeltros
    6. University of Mon Calamari
    7. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    8. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    9. University of Ord Mantell
    10. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    11. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk
    12. Chandrilla A&M
    13. The Ord Sabaok University
    14. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III
    15. Druckenwell Technical University
    16. UB Gesco City
    17. Garqi State University
    18. Taanab A&M University
    19. laswell College of the Sciences
    20. University of Trandosha
    21. University of Garos (Garos IV)
    22. Palentine University
    23. University of Euceron
    24. University of Ylesia
    25. Grand Vulptur System University

Trieste and Darth_Elu like this.
  10. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Didn't think I'd just leave it at Mana did you? ;)

Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~Great Iziz Field, Iziz, Onderon~

It was always exhilarating to be back down on a limmie field for one who truly appreciated the sport. And being there before the second big game against the Coruscant Senators was no different. He noticed his fellow Onderonians were starting to call them 'Sennies' as of late, which caused a chuckle or two.

And while Antaro stood alongside Coach Oh'dahvre, with his hands in his pockets, he reveled in last week's season opening win against the Carratos Pirates.

26-23 with a late goal to win it! It seemed, despite his coordinators warning in the offseason, that the Beast Riders really had started right where they left off. Tracing back to last season, it was their eighth win in a row and it was done in dramatic fashion which seemed to be a staple of theirs despite the last two being blowout victories. Though those had been dramatic blowouts. So it still worked.

Already Sage Orialus and Drelzahviss had made their presences known, just as anticipated. 'Commando' seemed to not be phased by the transition to the ELL at all. Of course that was only at first glance; the Pirates had made them fight tooth, nail, claw, and fang to the end. That was what marked them in a new league with far stronger teams. And still they proved they were worthy.

The ssi-ruu had trouble getting going, only starting to really pick up the pace a few minutes before the end of the first half. Though she was her usual force to be reckoned with once she did rev up to full strength. Tenso Kurin, their great kyuzo defender, was the one who seemed a little 'off'.

"I'm not too worried," the Bothan coach was saying, "Kurin will adjust. Carratos had a lot to prove just like us, plus it was the season opener. So we'll just see what happens, but he'll be ok."

"Very well, just wanted to get your opinion on the matter. If you're unconcerned, then consider me unconcerned as well. What is your take on the Senators however?"

"Coruscant?" A pause for some thinking from the Bothan. "Despite their awful performance at the opener, I have a feeling we shouldn't underestimate them. Its not a sign of where they're at, just a bad turn. It'll serve as fuel for a strong bounce back."

"And we have what it takes to prevent it."

"Absolutely. Coordinator Kardell is already making those adjustments we talked about and Coordinator Fahn has already proven herself. If the defense can do that and the offense just repeat what it did against Carratos, we'll be just fine."

"I look forward to seeing it. On top of the Skywalker League is a nice way to start off, lets see if we can keep that throughout the season."

Hedath grinned at the Owner of the Beast Riders. "Definitely will be doing our best to do just that. We'll see if we can keep the win streak going."

Antaro walked away idly wondering what the record was for longest win streak, he'd have to look it up.

One game down, ten to go.

Tag: Trieste Jedi Gunny (For being my opponent this time around)

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Great Iziz Field, Iziz, Onderon

Jai stood back a bit from her charge scanning the crowd. Any attempt most likely wouldn't come from there possibly from above, or hidden in one of the exits. There were too many eyes, any assassin worth their price wouldn't try anything in the stadium, too many places for things to go wrong. Then again, the threat assessments weren't worried about professionals, more radicals willing to do whatever it takes to see their enemy hurt, or killed. She still couldn't understand, it was coming up on four years since the end of the Occupation, yet some still cling to their ideology. What did they stand to gain by carrying on this fight?

With her focus elsewhere she didn't really notice much of the game, other than the back to back goals made by opposing teams. She heard Cutty's name, Mar'git actually, it seemed off world announcers didn't use her nickname when she came up on the score card. She also heard Cavanagh, getting an assist. Maybe the new captain was working out after all. With her range finder down Jai looked to all the spots she thought a sniper could hide without drawing too much attention. She looked over the upper concourse, and the roof. A good shot could still hit Logan no matter the distance, just as long as they had a rifle and optics powerful enough to reach.

Finding nothing there she looked across the pitch seeing if any on the field were acting out of sorts. She didn't notice any hostility, other than Boutros getting into a forwards face. The zeltron had a way about her, an aggressive one. Though Jai had noticed that around Tian she was kind. It spoke to some deeper connection that the bounty hunter didn't quite know the full story behind. The mandalorian hadn't forgotten the discussion she had with Raka before the season began, that she was also tasked with protecting the back. She still didn't quite know how she would handle having to make a choice between them.

It wasn't a question of money, Raka was many things but, a promise breaker not really. She'll break a leg, maybe a knee cap but, not a promise. The way she spoke also told Jai that her words and worry about her sister were genuine. It was curious that she would still care for her sister when it seemed she wanted nothing to do with her anymore. It was nearly like her own parents. Her mother hadn't been home in, a long, long time. Yet her father kept going, and still loved her. Jai could tell when he spoke of her, the gleam in his eyes.

A thought entered her mind, a fleeting one. The kind that appears for just a moment, a ghostly musing found between thoughts.

'Would she ever find someone like that?'

Before she could think more on this, her eye caught sight of a photographer not snapping pictures. It was the middle of the game, one that was full of moments that one would want to capture and he wasn't taking pictures.

"Far side, photo gallery," she communicated to the rest of her detail, "have a photog not taking pics, might want to check it out."

"Understood." Sgt. Morrin of the Carratos Defense Force replied. She didn't take her eyes off the suspicious man with a camera. A zabrak in Defense Force fatigues and armor approaches asking a few questions in a friendly manner. The cameraman moved off and the Sergeant reported back. "He's clear his camera is out of charge. Don't want to make a scene."

"Got it, keep an eye on him just in case."

"Understood mam'" It was weird, a soldier taking orders from her, a bounty hunter. It seemed the love of Logan was great if they were able to stomach taking orders from someone outside of the chain of command. Possibly they were just waiting for her contract to expire so they could take full control of their hero's protection. For now, they listened to her, she was the coach's personal bodyguard, and the one that acted as the point woman keeping an eye out for clear threats. She'd see how long they put up with her.

During the half Logan commended his team, praised the new captain but, warned against overconfidence. It was simple speech that got the team focused. Stepping back on the field the Pirates kept up there energy they had in the first half but, so did the Riders. The Pirates held on to their lead, until the defense faltered. Boutros did not take this with meekness. She raged trying to hold the line but, Anne, overwhelmed by the reformed Onderon attack, buckled. Logan began to sour his face but, just as quickly let it pass. Jai noticed it for just a moment before putting her sights on the overhead holo-sceen.

Right there in front of her, the hybrid, the man she saw, and spoke to at the draft. She noticed him brushing his hand over his chest. Unconsciously she set her hand on the pouch that contained the pendent she found that day. Was it his, she could ask, she'd have to intercept him, have to find someone to watch Logan. She might have a little time after the game was over, but, she'd have to be quick. She took a picture with her range finder and studied it with one eye while keeping an eye on the field. With time she got a best guess location of the man and how to get them after the match, though it was still just a guess. She supposed that if she missed him, she now had more information, and that was always useful.

The clock wound down, and the score was tied, until Anne faltered again allowing the Beast Riders to score, giving them the lead in the last seconds. It was photo worthy, seeing a fallen Anne still stretching out to stop the charge, and Boutros surging after hoping to get there in time. Sadly it wasn't to be. Logan had a broad smile on his face as the time ticked away. There was nothing more to be said or stated with his face.

In the locker room Jai excused herself, to walk the exit route, check it for threats. While she did do this, she also had another motive, to find the man and return his item, an item that had vexed her for too long. It burned a hole in her it felt like as she searched about. The crowds of people leaving the stadium broke around her, not wanting to get in the way of an armored being that walked with purpose. In the sea of people she spotted him, not that hard really, he stood out as much as she.

They met, maybe he sought her out after noticing her, or maybe he just stumbled toward her either way in void between a crush of bodies, they met again, for the second time. In that moment the noise of a hundred indistinct conversations quieted. In the span of a few heartbeats, it was like they were alone.

The game had come to an end, but Mana allowed himself to remain where he was, just absorbing all of it in. Onderon had returned officially to the ELL and opened things up with their first win right away! If he hadn't lost his mother's pendant, it would have been perfect. With a sigh, he looked down at the field just trying to enjoy the game itself…when he then noticed all others lingering around him going quiet and parting a bit.

A figure had moved up behind him, their movement sensed ultrasonically due to his montrals. Turning, he found himself face to face with that armored person…no, woman, from Nar Shaddaa. From the Draft. This was the third time she had caught his eye and the second they were up close with one another. And now here on Onderon? What were the odds? His mind recalled she was part of the Carratos team as security so that helped the chances a bit…buh, eh. Enough about odds. Here she was, in front of him.

The moment held as she revealed the pendant.

His eyes searched her, curiously, pleasantly surprised. Mana was happy she had approached him, not entirely sure why, but he was. Nor did he understand why she had approached him at all either. Until she pulled a pendant out. His pendant.

"Recognize this," she asked watching his expression. Jai didn't know how to feel, the other man's gaze felt piercing, searching but, caring all the same.

Instinctively his hand moved to his chest and had a sharp intake of breath. H-how? Fate really did come through….

Her training had taught her how to read a person's face, to know the difference between greed and recognition. His hand moving to his chest and the sharp intake of breath told her she found the owner. She presented it, "I gather you do, your mother's?" Given what she knew of the name engraved on it she could make the short leap to say that this person was related, and not her husband, far too young, at least from what she could dig up.

As he slowly, almost reverently, took it from her hand he could only stare at her for a long moment before shaking his head. "T-Thank you. Thank you so much! I have no idea how you found this, but I had just been thinking about it." He nodded to her follow up question. "Wow, nice insight. Yeah, my mother's. Well, was my mothers." A small quirk of the corner of his lips, a sad smile before he looked at the guard again.

"The name's Mana. Mana Kittsad…and what's your name, Miss…?"

"Jai'galaar Buteo," she replied in a rather standoffish tone. There was a pause though the imitate silence held, "Jai, for short." She said, her tone just a hint softer. "You have a good day."

As she left, he could only blink at the woman's interesting reply a few seconds previous. His hand up as if to grasp her shoulder and keep her there, though he never did truly try to. "Wait…" He said feebly. Without success as she disappeared elsewhere into the throng of people.

Why did you help a half-breed like me...

The bounty hunter turned around, thinking her interaction was done, though she felt something, something she couldn't quite describe deep in her chest. A sort of small loneliness, was that his, or hers?

She threw this thought away, she had work to get back to, and a man to forget. He duty to him was complete, she had returned his item, there was nothing more to be gained by spending more time with him. However a little needle she couldn't understand pricked at her, she tightened her fist, trying to ignore the feeling, to make it disappear.

The shuttle ride back to Carratos allowed much time for her to forget, to focus on other things, like the next day's activities.

Once they arrived at Shield Towers, the most secure building in all O'Pahz by this point, with three rings of protection from the Defense Force, Seccers, and the Star Dragons, only a fool would try and start anything in this place. Logan's apartment was also the only one on the floor that wasn't occupied by his protective detail, which must have cost the landlord a few credits to turn away good paying renters. They must have been compensated very well for their sacrifice, though given this place's reverence for their Golden Boy; it's possible it was much less than Jai would think.

She saw him to the door, and did a sweep of the apartment itself before leaving him for the night. All through he was smiling, no hint of disappointment that must have been in him since the loss. Jai was right outside the door when it closed fully and then she heard it. A shout, a scream almost, of anger of frustration, and pain.

"Everything alright?" the bodyguard called through the external speaker.

"We're fine," Mikia replied.

"Yeah, just stubbed my toe." Logan added with sarcasm dripping from his words. Jai rolled her eyes. Some people, they just don't take loss well. Anyway that wasn't her problem anymore, she returned to her temporary home on the same floor of the Towers and finally took her helmet off, letting her long blonde hair spill out from the tight bun she keeps it in when she was on duty. Removing the rest of her armor she felt the pendant of her own, the one her mother gave her.

Right away she thought of Mana, of the object she returned to him. Again the little prick in her chest returned.

What was this, she wasn't…no impossible, she had much larger matters to deal with.

She continued about her nightly routine, showering, reading over the next day's itinerary, and getting a bite to eat. One day was over and the next one started soon, she couldn't let herself get distracted.

TAG: Darth_Elu (Who also helped with the interaction between Mana and Jai)

jcgoble3, Trieste, Vehn and 1 other person like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, and Ralltiir.

287 Week 2 Results
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (12-6)
    Denon Demons at Euceron Officers (7-3)
    Dac Mariners at Ralltiir Starkillers (9-28)
    Bakura Miners at Carratos Pirates (15-34)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Mando'ade Mercs (38-28)
    Coruscant Senators at Onderon Beast Riders (9-28)

TAG: Bardan_Jusik CPL_Macja Darth_Elu galactic-vagabond422 jcgoble3 Jedi Gunny Runjedirun Vehn

Vehn and Darth_Elu like this.
  13. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Limmie Futures League Opening Day!

Bonus Potential for: Concordia (28), Tatooine (28), Druckenwell (28), Honoghr (28), Atzerri (28)

Atzerri Bandits @ Thyferra Force (26-21)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (2-7)
    Concordia Crusaders @ Honoghr Honor (16-5)

Tags: galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Gunny Vehn Bardan_Jusik Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu likes this.
  14. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

I take the field with one mission. Three in a row. We won pre-season, we on opening day and today we were going to make it three in a row. It started with a battle between Lawco and the midfielder from Dac. I’dunno eventually the midfielder from Dac was lying flat on his back and Lawco was dribbling fiercely up the field. Sureysh and I switched places on field. I drew two defenders while she opened up and accepted the pass from Lawco. Just like that I’dongivadarn is standing with a stupid look on his face as 3 points are added to the scoreboard in our favor.

During the first half I act as a distraction for several goals and bar points. Finally in the second half the focus has been taken off me. I’m able to get my own minute of glory as I nail a ball into the back of the net. I’m standing close enough to hear the impact. It’s my favorite sound in the Galaxy. We walk away with a 28-9 victory and the home crowd makes every bruise, every drop of sweat, all the hard work and long hours, worth it.

In the locker room we try not to celebrate too much. The season is young and we know we have a long way to go. Many more games to play. Justyne surprises me by waiting for me in the hallway by the parking lot. “Great game sweetie!” She says throwing herself into my arms.

We ride home together with the children. We have a nice late dinner and even though I’m not quite sure my tired muscles will cooperate we manage to share our love for each other before going to sleep. The next morning I wake up to find Justyne getting the kids ready for school. “Go back to bed,” she says sweetly.

Rather than question who the imposter is, I take her advice. Midweek we even go to one of Zoey’s racquet ball games together. I’m not surprised that Zoey is athletic. She wins both of her matches. I am taken back by how rude she is to me and her mother. She doesn’t wave, doesn’t even acknowledge us and takes a ride home from another parent.

Zoey gets home late. Justyne and Zoey begin one of their infamous shouting matches. “You could have at least called.”

“What do you care?”

“I care enough to come see you play a sport I don’t even care about.”

“That’s why I chose raquet ball, so you’d stay away. You can’t even take a hint!”

“Zoey!” I cut in harshly. “Give your mother a chance.”

“Oh, don’t even start with me.” Zoey turned and went upstairs. I started after her, but Justyne stopped me. I really don't like how she treats her mother. This time Justyne reminds me that Zoey is not my daughter. It’s been nice getting along with my wife this week. So I back off, just like I’m told.

With my relationship on the mend my preparation this week is truly focused on the upcoming game against Stewjon. After last week’s performance I just know I’m going to crush this week. We have one more practice before we board the shuttle tomorrow morning and I am going to make every second count. I am taking advantage of this “New Justyne” I get up early and head to the stadium for practice. Only Noah Till is there when I arrive. He smiles when he sees me.

Noah has been opening up recently. He’s nervous about becoming a dad and it’s nice that Justyne and I are getting along again. I don’t have to be jealous of how much he cares for his wife and how incredibly worried he is about her. I remember when Justyne had Marty. I do my best to give advice and not lose track of the ball were passing up and down the field. Our teammates begin to arrive and our coaches hand out assignments. It’s midmorning when I’m running drills with Sancheese, Dunerider, Sureysh and several others. Sureysh passes a ball that I’m sure is intended for me. For some reason Sancheese on the opposite side of the field runs towards me to make the same catch. “I got it,” I say to call him off.

I notice he’s not slowing up. In fact he picks up the pace. Damn rookie thinks he’s going to show me up. I am not about to let that happen so I also pick up the pace. I realize that while watching Sancheese I’ve misjudged the pass and correct my path. I’m running full speed now my eyes on the ball. I reach out to make the catch and bang my head smacks Sancheese right in the noggin. I fall to the turf on all fours. “Don’t get up!” I hear someone order as I hear footsteps coming in my direction.

The order doesn’t matter as I can’t even focus. I blink my eyes trying to get my sight back. Finally I close my eyes and count to ten. Coach Allin is next to me now with is hand firmly on my back. “Sit down,” he says gently. I’m squatting on the field, refusing to allow this hit to take me out of practice.

“I’m okay,” I say trying to stand up. Embarrassingly, I topple sideways and fall to the turf midway up.

I hear Ty instructing our water boy to get a trainer. “I’m okay,” I insist.

“Stay down,” Ty says holding me to the ground.

A few minutes later I’m sitting up drinking some Skimmer Ade. I feel fine now, slight headache maybe, nothing I can’t practice through. Ty and a trainer want to walk me off the field. “Let me walk,” I say angrily. This is ridiculous. I stand up now, I feel a little wobbly at first, but walk off the field to the sideline by myself. I take a seat on the bench. “I’ll sit a few minutes,” I tell the trainer who came to look at me.

“And once you feel up to it you can go back for a full exam,” Coach Allin says.

“No,” I counter. “Once I feel up to it I go back in and practice.”

“You want to play Sunday?” Ty asks.

“I am going to play Sunday.” I say.

“If you want to play Sunday, you have to be cleared first.” Ty says putting some edge in his voice.

I just know that I look like a wuss as I walk back to the locker room. Two trainers look me over. They tap my knees with a little hammer to check my reflexes. They ask me stupid questions like how many children do I have and what their names are. After the exam Coach Allin comes into the room and takes a seat next to me on the exam table. “You check out,” he tells me.

“Good,” I say leaping off and heading towards the door.

He puts a firm hand on my shoulder and stops me in my tracks. “Oh, no you don’t. I know you want to finish practice. It’s more important to all of us you play on Sunday and even more important,” he pauses a minute. “Is your health after Limmie.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about,” I say angrily. “What’s important is I go finish practice so I can be effective on Sunday.”

Ty blocks my way with his whole body. “I’m the Coach,” he boasts. “I’m telling you to go home and rest. Lie down, no holo, no data pad. You do that and you’ll thank me someday. You’ll also be just fine Sunday. Trust me,” he emphasizes.

“Do I have a choice?” I ask.

“No.”

So I gather a few belongings from my locker, change out of my cleats and fly home. It’s so weird to arrive at the house in the middle of the day. A beautiful sunny day and I’m supposed to go waste it lying inside my house. I don’t even notice the strange speeder parked on the street out front. I go in and make myself a sandwich. While I’m sitting at the table I hear something upstairs. My bed creaking, my wife’s moans, doesn’t take me long to realize she’s up there in our bedroom with someone else.

Without thinking up a plan I race upstairs and barge into my bedroom. “What the hell?” I ask. Two sets of eyes stare back at me Justyne’s and a father I recognize from the drop off line at school. I’m not really looking at Justyne. My anger and surprise are all focused on this guy who is staring back at me in fear. “Get the hell out!” I yell at him.

Luckily I’m a huge professional Limmie player and this guy is a little wuss. He grabs his clothes, runs down the stairs and for all I know out the door stark naked. Justyne sits up. “You didn’t have to do that.”

“I should have listened to your daughter,” I say because I just can’t think of anything else to say. I grab some suitcases and start packing.

“Where are you going?”

I don’t answer. I just pack. Every item in the room that I believe is mine I throw into one of my suitcases. I stack them all in a spare bedroom and start searching the holo for a hotel room. At some point Justyne must have left to get the kids. As I’m loading up my speeder Marty comes appears next to me. “Where you going?” He asks.

“Stewjon,” I say hoping he believes me.

“Why do you have so many suitcases?” He asks. Clearly he doesn’t believe me.

I get down on my knee so our eyes meet. “Pal, your mom and I had another fight. I need some space. You understand, don’t you?”

“Does this mean we have to move back to Corellia and live with your parents again?”

“I don’t know. I just know that I can’t stay here tonight,” I try to explain.

“Can I come with you?”

I pause. “Sure, why not? Go pack yourself an overnight bag. You still gotta stay with your grandparents for this weekend while I go to Stewjon, but tonight I’d be happy to have you.”

Zoey is at practice so I don’t get to say goodbye. Marty and I have a half decent guy’s night. I’m a lucky father to have a son like him. We order room service and play holo games. The next morning is bittersweet. I drop him off at the house my parents rent on Ralltiir during the season and head to the spaceport. The flight is awkward, but worse is the feeling of knowing that Zoey probably hates me more than ever.

Coach Allin nearly scares the bejeebies out of me midflight. I’m deep in thought and nearly jump out of my seat when I realize he’s looking over my shoulder. “How’s the head?” He asks.

I had totally forgotten about the incident in practice. Luckily I didn’t tell him that. “Much better.” I say.

“I know it wasn’t easy to leave yesterday, but trust me tomorrow your game will be better than if you stayed.”

I wanted to confide in him. Tell him what I found when I got home. He might realize I was mentally too distracted to play. Besides I was a professional. I could turn off my problems for an hour and play Limmie. “I appreciate your concern,” I replied.

Ty laughed out loud. “No you don’t, but you will.” He was gone and I did the only thing I knew how. I continued watching more game tape.

Tag @ no one

Darth_Elu, Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby are things starting to look ugly now..."

"Mercs are a mess..."

"Average of 37 points given up per game through the first two contests."

"Can't win a lot of games giving up that many points."

"And they haven't, starting out oh and two for the first time since..."

"276, so over a decade now..."

"How did the Mercs do in 276?"

"Ended up five and four that season, missed out on a playoff berth by one game."

"Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear."

"At least they finished with a winning record, so there is some hope."

"Yeah, but not the way you want a defending champion to start the season."

"No, not at all. At least the offense showed up a bit more in this one and kept it close throughout."

"Yeah but the defense...man the defense is just horrid right now..."

"Yup."

"...what the shab is wrong with them Justin?"

"Well, a big part of the problem is them getting worn down as the game goes on. The Smugglers had a lot of extra offensive possessions due to the terrible play at midfield..."

"Something we saw in week one against the Miners too."

"...which led to an osik ton of turnovers and not only caught the defense out of position and trying to play catch up, but wore them down as the game went on."

"Yeah, like you said, this game was a close one."

"Within three points throughout until the last ten minutes when the Smugglers pulled away."

"OK, so the problem starts in midfield, what's their issue then?"

"Rookie player in an important position really looking like a rookie right now."

"Wouldn't be surprised if Kor'le benches Giles after those two games."

"Me either, right now they need a veteran presence there one that hopefully either Pahre or Ach'utesn'laders can provide. Probably Pahre."

"Remember too guys, Giles is playing in the spot vacated by Argo Mor'kesh's retirement."

"Yeah, not only was he the team captain, he was the glue that held this team together. Right now I think you've got a situation where the offense is doing their thing..."

"With mixed results."

"..and the defense is doing their thing..."

"With horrible results."

"...and there is a lack of team cohesion that is just killing them out there. And don't discount the fatigue factor either."

"Fatigue? the season just started?"

"Yeah, but this team has logged a lot of playoff minutes the last four seasons."

"Three Galactic Cup championship runs, a loss in the conference finals the year before their historic run."

"That takes a toll on the body..."

"Probably factored into the Mor'Kesh retirement."

"...and this is a team that isn't really getting any younger."

"They've drafted well though..."

"They have, they have, but drafting at the bottom of the draft for three year's running now..."

"And don't forget, no draft picks the year before, they traded them away."

"...is taking it's toll too. While other teams are replacing aging talent with elite talent, the best the Mercs can do is garner good talent. It's taken a few years, but it's starting to add up I think."

"So after two games you're ready to declare the Mercs window closed?"

"No, I don't think you can make any sort of assumptions after only two games, but I do think they have a really tough road ahead of them to even make the playoffs."

"Yeah..."

"Don't forget too, the Smugglers, they were playing with a fire, a hunger, that I haven't seen from them in recent years."

"The Game of Rivals..."

"Yeah, I know, but they looked... Man they were on a mission."

"Lerouex was a beast out there."

"She's my early MVP candidate, especially if she can play every game like that."

"Ugh, hate even thinking that but I can't disagree."

"Still time for the Mercs to turn it around, but looking like a must win game here against the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"If we lose to them and start the season oh and three you're really going to hate them."

TAG: Vehn

Mando'ade Mercs headlines:

In her weekly press conference Coach Ryi Kor'le announced that Harkash Giles (Trandoshan male, Mandalorian) has been demoted from his starting role and moved to the bench. Viela Pahre (Human female) will assume the starting midfielder role in week three against the Caratos Pirates.

Vehn, Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Declan Trieste
    Phran Broadcasting Corporation broadcast

The hometown broadcast was in full swing from Arcadia Coliseum in O’phaz where the Miners were taking on the Pirates.

“Welcome back to the action here at the Coliseum. The Pirates are looking to bounce back in their home opener against a team that had a big win in their own barn last week. However, this has historically been almost an automatic win for the Pirates, so the team’s got to like their chances,” the Pirates play-by-play caller said.

“Not that they’ve all been runaways. That 283 Final came down to that amazing block by Mikia Manx-Sandin,” the color commentator said.

“True, but the big storyline today is that in her second game as captain Cavanaugh is lining up opposite her predecessor,” the play-by-play caller said as the feed focused on the Pirates’ half back line where the blonde was in close quarters with Ponie Ternardiel after drifting to the center of the field with the play.

“That was a pretty big shock. The captain who brought the Galactic Cup to Carratos walks away over the Pirates’ inability to sign her friend Lizbit Comstock to a deal--only to go to the team that Comstock walked away from. Amazing.”

“Well, maybe not so amazing considering who owns the Miners these days.”

The feed cut to the visiting owner’s box. In the front row sat Declan Trieste. His daughter was sitting to his left with his son one seat further down the line. Ayn capped off the family unit, three seats away. Curiously, the seat next to Declan on his right was empty.

“There’s Declan Trieste,” the play-by-play caller informed the Pirates faithful, “the new Chairman and owner of the Miners. When he’s not cavorting with the team, he serves as a provincial governor on Bakura.”

“Yeah, probably a shining example of his profession,” the color commentator said with more than a hint of snark in his voice. “Bet he gets along great with his brethren here on Carratos. They probably share the same veneer of refined manners.”

“Undoubtedly. He must have been thrilled when Ponie decided to come back to the Miners.”

“Like I said, it’s so curious that she wouldn’t have gone to Ralltiir after making such a big deal about not playing with Comstock. In fact, it’s the most nonsensical decision she could have made.”

“Well, only if you don’t take into account an anonymous donation that Trieste probably made to a numbered bank account on Empress Teta,” the play-by-play caller said wryly.

Declan turned during this comment to look across the empty seat. The view zoomed out to show that he was smiling at a blonde woman. Some comment was exchanged in the silence of the zoom lens and they both laughed.

“Yeah, laugh it up fuzzball,” the color commentator remarked. “Probably laughing all the way to the bank.”

“Well, given how the Miners made out last week on defense I’d say that Trieste’s getting good value for the…contract he gave Ponie.”

“Every single credit.”

“And the Pirates add to their slim lead with another point over the bar. They’re playing the Miners tough today, like they usually do, and everyone at Arcadia is loving it,” the play-by-play caller narrated.

“Hey, we’ve got something interesting here. One of our interns has been keeping an eye on the visiting owner’s box,” the color commentator interjected.

“Always a good idea to keep an eye on the politicians, make sure they don’t accidentally walk off with the silverware.”

“And you’re not going to believe it. They’ve got a Pirates fan up there!”

The feed hastily switched to a holocamera that hadn’t finished panning over, inducing momentary queasiness in select unsuspecting viewers. Luckily, it only lasted for a second before focusing on Declan Trieste and a human male sitting in the previously empty seat. His black garb gave him a certain swashbuckling feel, especially given the Pirates’ colors.

“Well, he certainly looks like he belongs in the Black Spot,” the play-by-play commentator allowed, “but would the owner of the Miners really bring one of the locals up?”

Declan’s companion laughed and slapped the owner of the Miners on the back so hard that he jerked forward from the impact. It did not look like the limmie owner expected or appreciated the hearty gesture.

“Might be typical politician pandering. After all, his mother was Supreme Chancellor. Might already be laying the groundwork for a run by cozying up to the locals. Though, Carratosians usually see through such flimsy posturing.”

“He’d have to grease a lot of palms after stealing Ponie from us to have a shot at carrying Carratos in any election. Can we get an intern to do some Imageshop work on him? Maybe throw him in some piratical attire?” the color commentator asked. Some unseen member of the crew must have already been working on it, because the clearly digitally altered image appeared in split screen shortly thereafter. “See? He’s definitely got a Scallywag up there with him.”

“Actually, I’m getting a note from our producers. It turns out that he’s a cousin of Trieste, Cillian Lynd, brother to Monarchs great Vesper Lynd. The blonde in the red jacket is his wife, Swann,” the play-by-play caller reported.

As if on cue, Swann squeezed her husband’s arm with a smile and a laugh. It seemed the couple was having quite a bit of fun, despite the score. Declan, however, appeared to be less pleased given the grimace on his face.

“Are you kidding me? He’s a Trieste?” the color commentator groaned. “Why couldn’t he be the new owners of the Miners?”

“We should be thanking our stars that he’s not. He’d probably spur the Miners to plunder and pillage the whole league.”

“Oooh, good point. I’ll stay with the politician.”

“And speaking of the Miners, they’re pinned deep in their zone and hoping to hold off a push here by the Pirates…”

“And there’s a goal for Cavanaugh!” the play-by-play caller joyously reported to the fans at home. “Beautiful work by the captain!”

“I think that’s going to put it out of reach for the Miners with the time left,” the color commentator happily observed.

The holo feed lingered over the Black Spot where the Pirates fans sensed the impending victory. Flags fluttered in the breeze and grog was toasted all around. Back on the field, Cavanaugh received the congratulations of her teammates as the player she’d beaten on the goal, Ponie, crossed in front of the feed, biting her lip in frustration.

“And Miners owner Declan Trieste didn’t like what he saw there,” the color commentator noted.

The feed cut to a replay of the owner’s box. All was calm in the box and then the goal took place off screen. Declan uttered some four letter profanity (thankfully there were no microphones in the box to capture it for the home audience) and tossed a flimsi program onto the floor in disgust as he slumped back in his seat with resignation.

“They say money can buy a lot of things, but apparently limmie wins isn’t one of them,” the play-by-play caller sagely noted.

“Thank the Force for that.”

However, the feeling wasn’t pervading the whole of the visiting owners box. His cousin Cillian was on his feet, mug in hand, having a good time...and apparently singing along with the Pirates fans as they started up their victory anthem. Swann appeared to be trying to restrain herself from giggling at her husband’s antics.

“This guy Cillian must be a true pirate, with a lowercase p,” the play-by-play caller said. “Any good pirate enjoys a good party, no matter the reason, and nine in a row is a pretty darn good reason to party.”

“I think I’m going to hit the bars with the fans after this one myself. Got to love taking the pretty boys and girls from Bakura down a peg.”

Suddenly, another being in the owner’s box climbed over the seats to throw her arm around Cillian and sway in time with him, adding her voice with a drink in her hand, thoroughly enjoying herself as well.

“And now we’ve got...is that Horst Penn’s wife? They must have a really...understanding relationship for her to be enjoying the implosion of the Miners defense,” the play-by-play announcer said.

Soon the entire box was on their feet, perhaps in acknowledgment of the Pirates’ historic winning streak against them. Or maybe they were singing parody lyrics. Who could tell? They certainly looked happy.

“Maybe these Triestes aren’t as uptight as I thought. Ah, gotta love the Jar of Dirt Game!”

“And we’ve got a Jar of Dirt!”

Yet in the midst of the good sportsmanship, Declan Trieste remained seated, smoldering with displeasure in his family’s shadows. For a brief moment before the video feed switched back to the field, one could see a coldness in his eyes. Perhaps, if one froze the image (though who would care so much to do so), there was an unabating hate in them. Perhaps in the deep recesses of his mind, the owner of the Miners, vowed that one day revenge was going to be his.

But not today.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 (who gave me great guidance on the point of view of the Carratosian commentators and approved this post in advance)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Only the second week of the season but that number six spot is already looking cursed. Last week it was Chandrilla A&M falling to an unranked opponent, this week it's University of Mon Calimari who follow the same script in a game dominated by rain and wind out at Enarc Technical University."

"In the S16 both The Ord Sabaok University and GVSI win by identical 14-8 scores over their opponents. Look for that to set up a big showdown in the Crendan later on between the two rivals."

"shab yeah!"

"And University of Trandosha is taking the KAAC by storm, they win again, this time to the tune of an 18-6 win over University of Kashyyyk."

HSN Top 25 after Week 2

1. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    2. UB Salis D'aar
    3. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    4. Coruscant Polytechnic Institute
    5. University of Zeltros
    6. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    7. Orn Free Ta Central Academy, Ryloth
    8. University of Ord Mantell
    9. University of Mon Calamari
    10. Gargarrump University, Kashyyyk
    11. The Ord Sabaok University
    12. University of Corellia, Bella Vistal
    13. Druckenwell Technical University
    14. UB Gesco City
    15. Garqi State University
    16. Taanab A&M University
    17. Chandrilla A&M
    18. laswell College of the Sciences
    19. University of Trandosha
    20. Grand Vulptur System University
    21. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III
    22. Palentine University
    23. University of Euceron
    24. University of Ylesia
    25. University of Garos (Garos IV)

Darth_Elu, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste comments on 287 college limmie season
      • "I think the expansion of the playoff is a good thing for the sport"
      • "This bracket is...intriguing from what I've seen"
      • "My hope is that we'll see 3 Bak10 teams in the bracket. I think that's a reasonable expectation. With a field of 16, it's almost impossible for us to be excluded. Two, like would make the playoff if it started today, should be about average"
    • HSN college commentator: "Oh sure, the Bak10 is soooooooo good that a third of the conference deserves to go to the playoff. Keep on drinking that namana, Trieste"
    TAG: Bardan_Jusik

19. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Austin Vehn
    New Vertica, Nar Shaddaa

"The performance I'm seeing from the team is incredible," Addison said in her weekly team meeting with the coaches. "I feel the draft picks are stepping up well and we were able to have strong showings in rivalry games where we have failed miserably in the past. I know not every week will bring wins but if you keep doing what you're doing this year could be special. Any questions before we adjourn?"

The coaching staff shook their heads.

"Happy hunting," Addison said.

Austin Vehn emerged from the shadows after the last of the coaching staff left the room. He immediately swept his eyes across the floor to ceiling glass panels that separated Nar Shaddaa's artificial atmosphere from the office. Adjacent skyscrapers, with their lights twinkling, seemed to span the chasm from one tall building to the next. Speeders, taxis, snub fighters, transports, and light capital ships made their way lazily along their predetermined routes.

"We're vulnerable up here," Austin said after a long pause.

"We're in one of the tallest skyscrapers on this moon," Addison replied, "and we're right next door to the 5th Precint VCPD station. They have armed surveillance on the rooftop. Nobody is going to get us up here."

Austin turned to look across the urban chasm of light and sound. His sharp eyes caught a whisp of smoke emerging from an abandoned hangar bay down and to the right of the northwest corner of the office.

"You're going to want to get down," Austin said.

"Why? Addison asked, growing alarmed.

"Because we have incoming anti-personnel missiles," Austin replied as he ignited his lightsaber and slashed a few of the glass panels opening up the office to the elements.

Fierce wind threw the papers in the office into complete disarray. Austin's cloak whipped around his body as he drew himself up into a defensive stance, lightsaber at the ready. The missiles drew closer, three of them in a wedge formation, and all the while Austin was planning on how to take them out.

Austin saw motion out of the corner of his eye. Addison had gone for a blaster rifle filled with incendiary rounds. He smiled slightly and shook his head, "I told you to stay down."

"I never back down from a fight," Addison replied as she raised the blaster rifle and squeezed off a shot.

Her aim was dangerously true. One of the missiles exploded in mid-air. The sound and debris caused speeder alarms to go off in the relativily upscale neighborhood.

"Nice shot," Austin commented.

"I grew up on Druckenwell," Addison replied, "we practically are born with blasters in our hands."

"Shouldn't you have said practically born with BlasTech in your hands?" Austin quipped.

"Shut up," Addison replied.

Austin reached out with the Force. Felt the missiles coming closer, their raders searching, probing, and homing in on the two of them. He felt his mind slip across the object and with a subtle wave of his hand he directed the missile into its counterpart, running parallel, causing both of them to explode.

"Incredible," Addison exclaimed. "I've never seen such power before."

"Such power," Austin said, "needs to be used responsibly at all times. Whoever is after you isn't done yet. We need to go."

"You going to pay for the windows?" Addison asked as they raced out of the office.

"Not on my life," Austin replied as he guided them down a nearby stairwell.

The pair passed emergency personnel on their way up to assess the damaged. When they made their way out of the main entrance and looked up they could still see floating debris whirling its way down to the street. Austin heard a clang as a burnt and charred missile fuselage landed nearby. He knelt near the smoldering piece of durasteel and frowned.

"What is it?" Addison asked, kneeling down nearby.

Austin held up the fragment of the missile fuselage and replied, "You tell me. Recognize the logo?"

Addison's eyes went wide with surprise. "That's an Ypres Initiative weapon. My family is on good terms with them. Why would they be going after me?"

"Perhaps they aren't," Austin replied as he dropped the fuselage piece, "but I'd be willing to bet my life that someone very powerful on Druckenwell is."

Tag: No One

20. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Shield Towers, O'pahz, Carratos

It was the day before the home game against the Miners, home games were the worst. The threat of an attack was heightened on game days. A million beings packed into a stadium, easy to hide among them, easy to harm many with a simple device. All one had to do was look at last year. 25 beings were killed by one bomber, the Pirates' assistant coach among them. This attack happened well after most of the crowd had cleared, if it had been set off right as everyone was leaving, the death toll would have been in the hundreds.

The fanaticism of these White Star was staggering, willing to use themselves as delivery devises for ordnance. No sane person would do that, no one should even think of doing such a thing. Whatever your goals are, they can't be accomplished by killing innocents, can they? If they wished to sow terror, they might be succeeding but, she knew Carratosians, they didn't buckle easy. It took the weight of the Empire closing the system to keep them under control. Even then they didn't fully give in. These people would walk the streets openly just to taunt the white star.

That didn't mean they were unarmed. Jai herself had noticed that almost every person she passed on the streets was armed, even mothers walking with their children had a blaster on their hip. Add to that the soldiers on every street corner, double on game day. The city seems under pressure, paranoid but, it doesn't show on the surface, it's just a feeling. This feeling permeated the meeting she had earlier in the day. It was a simple conference, going over troop placements, security procedures, and patrols of the Colosseum before, during and after the game. Everyone was afraid of something happening at a home game, and were doing everything they could to prevent it.

Now those worries were for tomorrow. She'd seen her charges to their apartment and returned to her own accommodations, just across the hall. On the night stand another message waited for her.

"Hey Jai," He hung he head, long blonde hair falling over her shoulders. "Just calling to see how you're doing. I…I missed you when you came to pick up your gift." She looked over to the gift, a data disk containing classic woodwind music. Her and her father loved it, he always said it reminded him of flying. Jai did find that it was calming, nice to unwind to after a long day. "I hope you enjoyed it…I…was thinking we could take a trip like we used to." Another long breath left her as she took off her leg armor. When she was younger, her father would take her on trips to any planet she picked out. All the while they would listen to the sounds of the engines and woodwind music. That was where she learned to fly a ship. "Anyway…uh, I should let you go, I hope to see you at the game, I got a ticket. I got one for your mother but, I…I don't think she'll make it. Just know that I love you, bye."

Jai sat heavy on the couch a deep sigh leaving her chest. She put in the disk and let the music play. A little guilt wrapped around her heart. She'd been busy for what felt like years, never really finding the time to spend with her father. He always left the door open always wanted to meet her, or just see her for a moment. All she had to do was find the time but, with her job it felt like there was never any. Now with her current contract, there would truly not be any time to talk to her father, much less spend time with him.

Maybe…maybe she could talk to him briefly at the game. That wouldn't be fair, he's been nothing but loving, and just wanted to spend more time with her. A few seconds, a couple words between them that wouldn't be enough, wouldn't make up for the months, years she hadn't said more than two words to him. In the darkness of her apartment she felt horrible, before this job, she'd spent them chasing bounties, or her mother across the galaxy, made things difficult on her relationships.

She interlaced her fingers and stretched her arms out in front of her. Another sigh then she felt her pendant resting against her chest. She thought of Mana, of the man she returned the trinket to. The way he looked at her, his green eyes that seemed to look through her. She could still see his face, the look of surprise when she presented the necklace. There was also a pained look in his eyes, something she couldn't describe. She leaned forward putting her elbows on her knees her long hair spilling over her shoulders. The dim light from the overheads shined down on her, her hunched form casting a shadow upon the floor.

She ground her palms into her eyes, trying to blot out the image of him, his orange skin, his montrals, his lekku, the wide eyes that looked at her like she was the only one in the room. She laid back in the couch trying to put the day behind her, and get ready for the next one.

The game was loud, very loud. It was the first home game and crowd was loving the action it seemed. Boos were shouted from the stands every time a certain player touched the ball. It took Jai a bit to find out who it was. It was the center half back, with brown hair. It also seemed whenever she had the ball, the Pirates were on her not giving an inch. The half back didn't give up easy, fighting her way through the team. There was animosity between the team and this player. Jai didn't trouble herself with it though. She was getting constant reports from the protective detail.

They were keeping an eye out, ever watchful for threats, especially on an important day. She didn't like how open Logan was on the field a slightly well aimed pot shot could kill him. If you listen to the stories told around the pubs, Logan was unkillable. Could heal from any wound in an instant, Jai scoffed, she knew this man was mortal, the missing eye was proof enough. Though it was curious, to survive a shot that would have been fatal if just a hair's breadth closer. Maybe he was just lucky, the one problem with luck, you couldn't rely on it.

It seemed the Pirates didn't need luck this game. The crowd went wild as their captain put a goal into the back of the net. Looking at the difference of scores it would be difficult for the Bakurans to make a comeback. That lead to another question, how many native Bakurans were on the Miner's team. The Pirates were well known for being majority native players, it seemed that it wasn't true for the other teams. That was a little, sad, maybe that was way the fans were so, dedicated. They weren't just cheering a team that played on the planet, they were cheering players that came from this planet.

Either way, the game was over and the Pirates won, it was time to wrap things up. Logan congratulated his team but, warned them not to get overconfident. They were facing the Mercs next. Jai felt some nervousness. She was half Mandalorian, she'd visited the place a few times with her mother. There was a connection there, she felt it. It just wasn't the same as connection she had here, in this place. O'pahz was the place she always came back to, not Keldabe, her mother's hometown.

The way the team reacted to hearing the Mercs name with boos. They really hated this team, did that mean they would play better, who knows, all Jai was worried about was keeping Logan safe. Something made difficult by the people that constantly swarm around him.

They make it back to Shield Towers without much fuss, Jai came into the apartment turning on the lights and taking off her armor. Tonight there was no message waiting for her. She finished getting the plates off and picked up the comm.

She dialed a number from memory, all she got was an answering machine.

"This is Maur Buteo, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Jai leaned her head back screwing her eyes shut, feeling a bit of sadness enter her heart.

"Hey dad," she said, holding back her cracking voice, "It's me, seems I missed you, did you enjoy the game, did mom make it? Well, um…I might have some time next evening. I'll...I just need to talk to some people. Give me a call back when you can." She hung up rubbing her eyes, wiping away the tears that were threatening to fall. The first time she calls him, and he's not there. Why was he not there, and why did she feel so alone?

TAG: Trieste

Trieste, Vehn, jcgoble3 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Antaro Kiraon IC:
    ~Six Boroughs Stadium, Nar Shaddaa~

It took a few moments for Antaro to realize he was being gentled poked in the arm. Blinking, he glanced over and mouthed a 'oh' before accepting the drink being handed to him.

"Apologies, Iuva. Lost in thought."

The twi'lek smirked as she glanced back down at the data pad in her other hand. "I could tell. Limmie or Business?"

"Seeing as we are about Limmie Business at the moment, a mix of the two but more of the former." The Beast Riders' owner looked over and winked at his secretary.

A breathless laugh greeted that but an understanding nod.

Antaro would continue to gaze out at the admittedly beautiful Six Boroughs Stadium of the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers. It had been an honor and utterly surreal to have played the Carratos Pirates in Week 1. The history being compounded and still amazing to him to watch his team play the Coruscant Senators in Week 2.

Which, as an aside, was something he was still riding high from him. A close match to open the season and then a strong 28-9 rolling over the locally dubbed 'Sennies'? Even he was shocked at how well the Onderonian team had effortlessly transitioned from one league to the next.

That defensive adjustment he had worried about? Apparently this was one Hedath got the point on. There was no reason for concern. Just like the bothan head coach said, so long as the offense did what it did before and the defense just listened to a few tweaks, they'd be fine.

They had done more than just fine. So here they were, two weeks down and still undefeated for now. But against them in Week 3 was another undefeated opponent, one that was always powerful and especially so these last few years…

The Nar Shaddaa Smugglers.

Playing against them, here and now, in a match of undefeateds was the final drive home that he had helped steer the Onderon Beast Riders to the Elite League. Next week was the Mando'ade Mercs. Both halves of the Game of Rivals back to back.

Antaro would have it no other way.

But first things first. The Smugglers and while the Beast Riders had been doing astonishingly well for a new ELL Team, Nar Shaddaa had been doing even better. Judging by all the stats, they were the current #1 team in the League. And, naturally, they were challenging them for the top spot in the Skywalker Conference.

He felt some empathy for his friend Frehnkah clan Khim'bar who was the owner of his LFL Affiliate team, the Honoghr Honor as they had rather the opposite version of their entrance into the league. The man sincerely wished them a better showing against their own next opponent after losing to Concordia. Tatooine was their next opponent if he remembered. But despite that, for now, his ultimate focus were the Beast Riders.

"Sir, I sent that inquiry."

"Excellent. Hopefully Grames is here to enjoy the game as well, I would like to meet with her formally if possible."

"Not worried she'll gloat depending on how it all falls out?"

"As the head of a very femme fatale organization? Of course she would. But that's just part of the thrill!"

Iuva shook her head. "No response yet, but I'll keep you informed."

Alright, Onderon. This is the game to show without a shadow of doubt that you are to be taken seriously even in your very first season of the ELL.

Antaro couldn't hold back his smile. Limmie was Love.

Limmie was Life.

Tag: Vehn Trieste

Trieste, Vehn and Runjedirun like this.
  22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines
    • Vigos considering pulling Tomas from UTA to play for Sandskimmers
    • Family says they have no idea how the team has gone unranked and feel his talents are being wasted in a broken system
    • If Tomas Vigo moves to the Sandskimmers to gain playoff experience he would continue attending classes at UTA

Bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Onderon, and Ralltiir.

287 Week 3 Results
    Euceron Officers at Dac Mariners (22-18)
    Denon Demons at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (3-8)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Stewjon Metropolitans (3-19)
    Coruscant Senators at Bakura Miners (4-37)
    Mando'ade Mercs at Carratos Pirates (6-19)
    Onderon Beast Riders at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (36-31)

23. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for: Concordia (28), Tatooine (28), Druckenwell (28), Honoghr (30), Atzerri (28)

LFL Week 2
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Thyferra Force (4-23)
    Concorida Crusaders @ Atzerri Bandits (14-11)
    Honoghr Honor @ Tatooine Sandskimmers (23-11)

Tags: Vehn Jedi Gunny Bardan_Jusik galactic-vagabond422 Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu likes this.
  24. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

Sometimes in life you get beat. Sometimes it’s like you don’t show up at all. The defense manages to tackle you more than you can get open. You’ve hit the turf so many times you don’t know which way is up anymore. It’s late in the game and the coach has taken you out. I could be watching Sancheese and feeling better that he’s getting pummeled out there just as bad as I was. Instead I’m staring at my wife. She’s an actor and a con artist. She seems genuinely happy. I watch her flirt with strangers in the stands. Stewjon fans, really Justyne? I wonder if there’s any chance we still have feelings for each other. As I adjust the ice pack on my shoulder she looks my way and I quickly glance in another direction.

I’m feeling sore in more ways than one when she boards the shuttle back to Ralltiir. To my surprise she sits next to me. “We need to talk.”

I have nothing to say. I don’t want to talk. Especially not here, not now.

“I have feelings for Stefan. We were seeing each other before we went away for the summer. You’ve had affairs and I’ve had affairs. This hasn’t worked in years. I don’t want this to be ugly. But I don’t want to pretend to hide or live a lie any longer.”

“So you want to separate.” I say.

“I want a divorce,” I can’t believe she said that word. It’s dirty, ugly and so final.

There’s so much to say. “What do we tell this kids?” I ask.

“They already know you moved out. Just tell Marty he can visit you on the weekends.”

“I have Limmie games on the weekends. And what about Zoey?”

“Zoey’s not yours. Limmie will be over in two months.”

“You aren’t taking the kids.” I state coldly. “We can split custody, whatever the courts decide.” She wanted to bring it up, it was going to get real fast. I was glad now she brought it up here where we had to keep our voices down. Somehow it was less stressful when I didn’t have to yell.

“Just don’t try to move back in. You left and you’re not welcome back.” She got up and moved back to a seat closer to the other dance team members. I took a moment to write my parents. I want them to know what I’m about to call and tell my son and step daughter.

I have guessed correctly that Justyne hasn’t bothered to call them. Both of their faces are on my screen when I begin to speak. “You’re mother has asked me not to move back in. For now, I think it’s best you go home with her tonight.”

“But I liked living at the hotel,” Marty objected.

“It’s not really a home,” I explain. “I’ll get a house soon and you can come visit.”

“So it’s finally ending, for real this time?” Zoey asks.

“I wish it wasn’t,” I say honestly. Zoey walks off screen. I can’t imagine how much she hurts inside. Marty is just looking back at me. “I love you. You need anything call me. I’m here to talk whenever you need me. I’m going to have you over one night this week. I promise.”

“Okay dad. I love you too.”

“I’ll give you a hug at the spaceport.”

I do, when we land I hug Marty so tight and I don’t ever want to let go. “Promise I can see you later this week?” He asked.

“I promise.”

Zoey just stood with crossed arms she got in a speeder with her mother and brother and they left. I went back to my empty hotel room. The next morning I was so sore I could barely sit up. With all that had happened I had forgotten to take any painkillers before bed. The bottoms of my feet hurt, my ankles were weak, a sharp pain shot through my right knee, my back was so sore I couldn’t stand upright and my shoulder was throbbing. It took me 3 good minutes to stumble into the fresher and open the bottle of pills. I took twice the usual dosage, messaged Till cause I knew he’d be at the stadium waiting for me and crawled back in bed. Two hours and a hot tea later I could walk again. I got dressed and went to work. I had to make this day as normal as possible.

It wasn’t very normal. I thought I was feeling better so I joined my teammates on the field for some passing drills. The pills enabled me to walk without pain, but I quickly became woozy and then nauseous. I puked my guts out on the sideline and in the locker room fresher. Once my stomach was empty I retreated to a quiet room and watched some tape. Coach Allin found me and brought me some warm clear fizz. “Sip slowly,” he told me.

Coach Allin sat with me, but he didn’t ask how I was feeling or give me anything else to feel better. He watched tape with me. We watched the Monarchs play the Demons. The Monarchs defense looked every bit as rough if not rougher than the Metropolitan defense we had faced just yesterday. Allin would pause the tape and break it down for me. Within a few hours I wasn’t just feeling better physically. Mentally Allin had me thinking I could outplay this Monarchs defense.

Everything seemed fine until I started flying home and realized that I wasn’t allowed home. I doubled back and parked at the hotel, realized there was nothing for dinner in a hotel room, flew back out to a café, ate and then finally went back to the hotel where I collapsed into sleep.

I arranged to have Marty come stay with me on Thursday evening, but it was Wednesday evening when there was a knock on my hotel room door. I hadn’t been expecting a visitor so I looked through the peep hole and to my surprise saw my step daughter in the hallway. Quickly I opened the door. “Zoey,” I said happily. “You look great kid. Come on in.”

She didn’t say anything, but she quickly walked in and made herself at home. Sprawled out on the bed near the window with her data pad. “Does your mother know where you are?” I asked.

Zoey shrugged.

“You should call her,” I suggested.

“She doesn’t care.”

“Oh, so you’re here because you had a fight with your mother,” I realize.

“Isn’t that why you’re here?”

“It’s more complicated than that.”

“You bet it is. I can’t believe you left us! Jeriimy’s Dad moved in with us. You can’t make me go back there.”

I wasn’t expecting that bombshell. It took me a while to decide what to do or say. “I’ll text your mother that you’re here. So she doesn’t worry.”

Zoey rolled her eyes. The only words she said all night were to tell me what she wanted for dinner. I noticed that she didn’t eat much.

The next evening things were less awkward because I had both kids. “Dad can I live here too?” Marty asked as we ate dinner.

“It’s not really an appropriate place for a boy to live,” I said looking around the small room.

“Zoey’s living here,” he pointed out.

“We have to be careful,” I explained. “If your mother or whatever lawyer she hires finds some way to use this against me I might not be able to see you much at all.”

“That’s not fair. We should be able to decide who we want to live with,” Zoey said speaking up.

“Oh, Dad,” Marty said suddenly digging through his overnight bag. “Mom wanted me to give this to you.”

I took the notebook he handed me and read a long list of instructions. Things Marty wasn’t allowed to eat. Games Marty shouldn’t play on the holo net. Friends that Zoey wasn’t allowed to talk to. I ripped it up before I finished reading it and to my surprise Zoey laughed. It was the most beautiful sound I had heard all week.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

“My mother actually worked on that. And you totally just disregarded it. There’s hope for you, yet.”

It ended up being a nice evening. I explained that I had a game coming up this weekend and needed my space and sleep. “So you want us to go back to mom’s house,” Zoey said her voice turning sour.

“When the season is over I’ll buy a house. You can visit as much as you want.” I promise. Suddenly I remembered Zoey was almost 13. “I’ll throw you a belated birthday party. You can invite as many friends as you want.”

“I don’t want a party.”

“What do you want for your birthday?”

“I want to find my real father.”

Ouch that hurt. For some reason I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Zoey had been through a lot of father figures. Martin Vigo, myself, my father, me again, and now this Stefan was living with her mother. Maybe Zoey had a right to know who her biological father was. I had always respected her mother’s wish to not even ask about who Zoey’s father was. I no longer owed Justyne anything. I was going to find Zoey’s father. I was going to help.

Tag: CPL_Macja

Trieste and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Taungsday afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the defending Galactic Cup Champion Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh boy... do we have a lot to talk about today."

"Words can't even explain how I feel right now..."

"Same here, and that's just about events after the game ended."

"Man...scary times."

"OK, so lets start there with what we know, which isn't much, and what we don't."

"Which is a whole lot more."

"You ain't kidding. OK, so for those watching the game or who have heard the news already, just after the game a shot rang out at Arcadia Colosseum apparently aimed at Logan Manx-Sandin."

"I didn't know what was going on at first, thought it was some sort of post game celebration lightshow and fireworks."

"Did you hear that Fu Arock wanted to go out after the guy that took the shot?"

"No, really?"

"He didn't!"

"No he really did, demanded a jetpack and everything and said he was going to rip the guy's head off and...well the rest isn't suitable for the wave."

"Ha!"

"I hope no one gave it to him..."

"No, no. He finally calmed down when he was told that Logan's bodyguard..."

"Mandalorian bodyguard."

"...went off...right, it was a Mandalorian bodyguard and Arock didn't relent until he heard that, but after he did hear that the Mando bodyguard was in pursuit he calmed down and even wished him happy hunting."

"Have we heard anything else about this unfolding situation?"

"No, not yet. the authorities on Carratos are being especially tight lipped right now regarding all of this..."

"Understandable."

"...and the Mercs have released a statement that the team is on the shuttle back to Mandalore and that at no time were any Mercs players in any danger."

"The way they're playing maybe they will be once they get back..."

"Hey, that's not cool, not after what just happened."

"Just saying, there are a bunch of angry fans out there right now."

"Still Justin, come on!"

"Fine, fine."

"OK, so that covers what we've been told on the situation out on Carratos, and as soon as we hear something, you'll hear something, but lets get to the game itself, and the current mess that is the Mando'ade Mercs right now."

"Ugh, I don't even want to be here...so..."

"Depressing?"

"Yeah."

"I hear ya. Well Mercs drop three straight to start the season, and the hopes of defending that three-peat are fading fast as the Mercs lose again, this time to the Pirates, who I really really hate now, 19 to six."

"What an ugly, ugly game."

"It was, it really was, but I think progress is being made."

"You do?"

"Well, it could have been a lot closer, Qazi, the Pirates 'keeper, had a hell of game between the pipes."

"Yeah, it seemed the few times the Mecs did manage to run a play and get their offense working the way it should, he was there to shut things down."

"Just missed having an official shutdown actually, Arock with the netter that earned him his third through fifth points early in the second half ended any chance of that."

"Yeah, and he had all our points up until then too."

"Deadshot's sniper point over the bar in garbage time was the only other scoring in the game for the Mercs who seem to be in absolute freefall. Any idea what's wrong with them?"

"Communication between the offense and the defense is lacking, the midfield is just a quagmire of mediocrity right now and both the offense and defense are having trouble establishing any kind of flow in transition."

"Mercs are really missing former team captain Mor'kesh now."

"Yeah they are, putting a rookie in his spot was probably a mistake, even though Giles is probably the second best middie on the team after Irvin, at least in terms of talent..."

"We've seen rookie midfielders come into the league before and dominate though."

"That's true, but the Mercs ...I think Mor'Kesh had become so entrenched in the spot...I don't think a rookie can handle anywhere near that level of responsibility."

"Now hold on though, the Mercs never asked him too. Irvin is the senior middie and is taking the brunt of the load there now..."

"True, and he doesn't seem to be able to keep up either."

"Well...why?"

"He's an offensive minded midfielder trying to act as a defensive one."

"Wasn't Mor'kesh an offensive midfielder?"

"He was, especially early in his career, but as he got older and more experienced he became more of a defensive presence and though he facilitated and still got his share of point, he made sure the offense flowed through Arock at forward."

"And Irvins not doing that?"

"He's trying, he really is, but he doesn't have the experience or even body type that Mor'Kesh had. Mor'kesh could be a defensive presence. Irvin is too small for that, and having him try to hold down an opponent's best offensive middie is asking too much of him."

"Also exposed the rookie Giles and now Pahre against other team's second midde, and neither has been able to hold up. Thought I guess Pahre did a better job in this last game than Giles had been doing."

"On the defensive end, yeah. But she's a black hole offensively and gives up too many turnovers with errant passes."

"So...what's the answer?"

"I don't know. After the game Coach Kor'le said it's a feeling out process and that it is going to take some time to getting used to playing without the team's former captain but..."

"Yeah that's what training camp is for, and we're already three games into the season now and still without a win."

"Yeah, not much times left now for the Mercs to turn it around, and while some of pahre's issues might have been rust as she hasn't started for awhile now, I don't think she has it in her to be a starting middie in this league."

"Think Coach starts running more switches out there at midfield, with Pahre guarding opponent's best midfielder and then trying to run the transition through Irvin?"

"She might, she might. That's tough to do, especially once the opposing team sniffs it out and exploits any confusion the switch causes. Even harder to do if it's a rookie out there playing, so if that strategy is in the cards, expect to see more Pahre and little to no Giles in the near future. Even then, the Mercs have other issues."

"Yeah..."

"The defense has been terrible so far. I can't understand how Leigh Cavanagh was able to assist on enarly every Pirates point out there yesterday."

"She was on fire, every pass was snappy and right at a scorer who was already set up for a shot."

"It was a masterful performance."

"So, the Mercs outplayed in every phase of the game for the third straight week, and now next week things get no easier for the defending champs as they take on the undefeated Beast Riders, a team in their first year in the league."

"Yeah, that's going to be a tall order for the Mercs with the way they're playing right now."

"Chance that it might be a trap game, undefeated team against a winless one?"

"Under normal circumstances, sure it could have been as a team like that can sometimes overlook a weaker opponent, but no team is overlooking the Mercs right now. Every team is looking to make a statement against the League's first ever three peat winners..."

"So far they're doing a good job."

"...and a team newly promoted to the ELL is looking to doubly make that statement, to prove to the fans and the rest of the league that they really belong in the ELL."

"From what I've seen so far, they've already convinced me of that."

TAG: galactic-vagabond422 All in game action by his players approved of by him. The post game extra curriculars on Fu Arock's part also approved of by Vagabond, while the events leading up to them were his own brainchild.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.