main
side
curve

Star Wars Elite League Limmie [A Sports-based RPG, New Players Welcome]

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Trieste, May 31, 2010.

1. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Omar Mosk

VCN Sports Network

"Let's go straight to the lights, here in Studio A, it's another show of VCN's Sports Network! The last few weeks have been interesting for Nar Shaddaa. They dropped the season opener, then went on a three win streak, before being slammed back to the ground by bitter rivals Mando'ade Mercs. Today, I have a very special guest joining our show. Please welcome Aurora Windreaver!"

Aurora walked onto the studio and took a seat. She was dressed casually almost as if she didn't want to be on the show that had come to define generations of Smugglers fans.

"Hey," Aurora said.

"You're the only draft pick for the class of 290, you've gone on record saying you openly hate your older sister, a three time Galactic Cup champion, and honestly your play on the field has really struggled," Omar began, "what's your take on the season?"

"Well, you seem to know me so well," Aurora replied, "I guess that makes one of us."

"Is any of it true?" Omar asked.

"Well all of it is true," Aurora replied, "except for the part where I've struggled on the field. This team lost some veteran leadership after their title run last year. The Mercs reminded us what a competitive conference the Skywalker is, that's for sure."

"So you'd admit it that losing your older sister at midfield has affected how the Smugglers play the game this year?" Omar pushed.

"I see what you did there,"Aurora replied pointing her finger at Omar, "clever. We're a team that's at the halfway mark of the season with a winning record against a killer conference. We're fine. This interview is done."

"Fair enough," Omar said, "tell Erin I said hi."

"I won't," Aurora said as she took off the microphone around her waist.

Omar turned back to the primary camera and smiled, "I really love my job. I really do. Tune in next week when we talk about the Starkillers and their planet destroying team..."

Tag: No one in particular...

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  2. Trieste

Trieste Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential to Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, and Ralltiir.

290 Week 6 Results
    Chandrila Patriots at Bakura Miners (9-22)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Ralltiir Starkillers (11-13)
    Rydonni Prime Monarchs at Coruscant Senators (11-33)
    Mando’ade Mercs at Euceron Officers (29-13)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Carratos Pirates (2-21)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  3. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Thyferra (28) Druckenwell (28), Tatooine (28), and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Five Results
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Thyferra Force (1-7)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Concordia Crusaders (11-15)
    Atzerri Bandits @ Byblos Golden Knights (27-5)

Tags: @Vehn @Jedi Gunny @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @SWNerd11

4. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC: Tomas Vigo

Tomas knew why Ty hadn’t been angry last week when he made the late hit on Kint. Tomas’ defensive play had won the game for the Starkillers. Ty was a former full back and he never let a good defensive play go unpraised. Today Tomas had been focused on defense allowing an offensive chance or two to slip by and the Starkillers were paying the price. Neither team had lead the game by much. It was a back and forth battle of sorts, there were just long periods of times between lead changes.

For over five minutes now the Starkillers had held a two point lead. It was 11-13. Tomas was sweating, exhausted and he hurt all over. His team did not have enough of a lead to win if the Smugglers scored again. Tomas wanted to put this game away. He dug deep and found another burst of energy. He signaled for Lawco to pass him the ball. Lawco looked even more worn than Tomas. Lawco looked almost eager to pass Tomas the ball, until he took a hard hit from behind during the action.

Tomas adjusted his stride and collected the wayward pass. He dribbled up field. He looked to pass. Every offensive player was covered. Tomas could hear labored breathing behind him. A defender closing in. Tomas dribbled around a teammate and an opponent on the turf mid tackle. He looked again for an open man. Tomas had no choice, he was going to score. As Tomas wound up to kick the ball into the net he felt a hand grab his waist. The defender was strong, Tomas continued with his motion and got a piece of the ball. Unfortunately it was too weak. An easy stop for Helen Ripley.

Discouraged, Tomas jogged back towards midfield. Ripley kicked the ball into the air only to have it batted down by her own little sister, Stakiller Abigail Ripley,Tomas saw another opportunity. He ran towards the deflected ball, hoping to catch the drop, only to run into about a dozen other hopeful players. The inevitable collision and the buzzer ending the game all came at once.

Tomas stood up slowly. Once he was certain he wasn't injured he began to shake hands of Smuggler players headed off the field around him. As he headed towards his own sideline Tomas saw a reporter trying to get his attention. Instead of pretending not to see him, instead of getting dibs on a clean shower, Tomas did what a captain would do. He politely headed towards the reporter for a post game interview.

"Tomas Vigo," the excited reporter greeted. "An important win for the Starkillers today. How do you feel about your contributions?"

"First of all I want to give credit to all my teammates. Spectacular game. Everyone dug deep today." Tomas paused to grab a towel from T.J. Allin who was eagerly trying to find a way to get on holovision. "As for my own performance," Tomas said wiping his brow with the fresh towel. "I did what needed to be done defensively. But as a midfielder the team depends not only on my defense. They depend on my offense as well. My offense could use some work," Tomas admitted. "Offense will be my focus this week as we prepare to face off against the Pirates."

"Thank you Tomas," the reporter said kindly dismissing him.

"Wait," Tomas exclaimed. "There's one thing I want to add. Deputy commissioner Wigast wears silly clothes."

"You miss home?" Tomas asked as he pulled on a pair of clean underwear in the bedroom one evening later that week.

Von'kedo propped her head on her hand from where she was lying in bed. "All the time," she answered.

"You think Wiskey misses Carratos?" Tomas asked.

"Probably, why don't you ask him."

"I will. He just keeps to himself a lot. Odd for someone with a nickname like Wiskey. He probably wishes my family never drafted him. He wore his UCA warm-ups to practice today," Tomas grumbled.

"There are plenty of UTA warm-ups in your closet," Von'kedo pointed out.

"That's different," Tomas argued. "Tatooine has an affiliate team. Carratos is the enemy."

"If you weren't Limmie royalty you'd be playing for whatever team drafted you," Von'kedo reminded him.

"Limmie Royalty," Tomas repeated. "I like the sound of that," he dropped the clean underwear unto the carpet. "Does Limmie Royalty get a round two tonight?"

The next morning as Tomas drank his caf he read articles about Lorin Wella and his playing days at UCA. There was, of course, much praise for Wella's game. Loren Jule didn't travel all the way to Carratos to scout just any defensive back. It was how Lorin got his nickname that caught Tomas' attention. The tale was simple. Carratonians mostly drank rum. Lorin preferred wiskey, so much so that his friends called him Wiskey.

Quickly Tomas called his friend Andres Fortune. Andres had once been his brother-in-law. This morning he was the first Corellian Tomas thought of that at least on occasion drank Wiskey a drink Corellia had in part made famous.

After berating Tomas for waking him up and demanding to know whey he needed the name of a good wiskey before sunrise Andres gave him the brand name and a liquor store on Ralltiir that carried it.

With the power of the holonet Tomas ordered a bottle for delivery and headed to practice. He presented it to his teammate before they took the field on Sunday.

"What's this?" The defender asked bewildered.

"A peace offering," Tomas explained. "Just don't drink it before the game."

"Thanks," Wiskey clutched the bottle before securely locking it with his other belongings and heading out onto the field. His mission to play his best game of Limmie no matter who his opponents were.

Tag: @Vehn who approved last week's game play and @galactic-vagabond422 for the background on Wiskey

jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  5. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• ELL Commissioner Lokensgaard: "We are not suspending Tomas Vigo for comments about the sartorial choices of ELL staff"
    • League insiders say that Deputy Commissioner Wigast argued strenuously against this course of action
    TAG: @Runjedirun Well played :D

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Ayn Trieste
    Bakura Gardens, Salis D’aar, Bakura

“This is when we learn what kind of team we have.”

Ayn stood in the front of the owner’s box, arms crossed, looking down her nose at the teams taking their starting positions beneath her. The Officers, the pride of Euceron, the symbol of hope and rebirth from the ashes of tragedy and sacrifice. The Miners, beloved of Bakura, a beacon of culture, civilization, and achievement on the Outer Rim of the Republic. Each team had its devoted partizans. Each was in position to make the postseason and complete the grueling gauntlet to win the Galactic Cup.

Today would be critical in each of those plans.

“We know what we have. A playoff team,” Declan responded. HSN hadn’t officially called it, but Rydonni Prime and Stewjon couldn’t catch the Miners. They were in the playoffs, the first team to clinch.

“There’s a big difference between a playoff team and a champion,” Ayn said sternly, “and teams like Euceron show you which you are.”

“They’re fighting for their lives in that 3-3 knot in the Skywalker,” Declan said. “After last week, they need this win badly.”

“Like I said, the toughest kind opponent to face,” Ayn replied with a frown.

Declan put his hand on his wife’s waist. “This is already a triumph for you. Playoff spot locked after six weeks? I didn’t pull that off as owner.”

“Precisely the sort of record that is easily forgotten when another team wins the Cup.” Ayn shrugged off his hand, not in the mood for paltry consolations.

“The defense is best in the League. Horst is tearing it up again.”

“When he keeps his focus and doesn’t see a plastic bag tumbling in the breeze across the field.”

“The Vigos have accepted the invitation for Truce Day. That’s a solid win. They’re all coming.”

“Mmmm.” Ayn couldn’t argue with that one. “Have you told Cundertol yet?”

“No.”

“Am I going to have to tell him?” Ayn asked exasperatedly.

“No, I’ll do it,” Declan assured her. “What’s under your skin?”

“Making the playoffs,” Ayn said. “It’s real now. The team is in. Expectations are up. Now there’s no going back. We have to win.”

“For beings like us, we always have to win,” Declan said.

“No one, no matter how great a leader, wins all the time. Sometimes we have to take our losses--and great leaders know when to lose,” Ayn philosophized. “I was willing to lose this season. It was an acceptable loss. Now...I can’t. I have to go all the way.”

The boloball came into play and the game was underway. Ayn didn’t sit. She leaned forward against the rail of the box.

She was past the point of no return.

TAG: @jcgoble3 @Runjedirun

jcgoble3 and Runjedirun like this.
  7. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2017
    IC: Dawn Solo
    Rydonni Prime

The season had not gone at all like Dawn had planned. She should have known that things were going to be rocky when they opened their 23rd Elite League Limmie season with a single point win over the Smugglers. Everything else was downhill from there, dropping five matches in a row, getting shutdown in the Blue & Gold Bowl, losing in overtime in the Cross Pistol Shootout, and being dominated at home and on the road. Dawn’s season woes were not limited to on-the-field action.

Her contract was currently under administrative review and if the season ended today her future as the Head Coach of the Monarch would be in jeopardy. Part of this review was, regardless of the outcome of the 290 ELL season, that she would be required to conduct a coaches clinic for all of the youth limmie coaches on Rydonni Prime. However, before she could do that she would need to pass a trainer certification exam, so in order to do that, before the offseason started, she needed to take a ten week train-the-trainer course, which started after week one.

In the midst of all of this chaos, she suffered a shoulder injury during pre-season training. Dawn chalked it up to a simple strain and treated it as such with some self-conducted physical therapy. Unfortunately, she found that she was relying heavily on pain reducers and muscle relaxers in order to get a restful night’s sleep. So before traveling to Carratos in week four, she had surgery to repair her rotator cuff damaged from years of taking open field hits at midfield. Bacta patches reduced her post surgery scars to nearly invisible, but it could not fix the tendinosis that had developed.

All of this meant that Dawn now found herself in her office, arm in a sling, looking over scouting vids of the Patriots. Luckily the Monarchs’ roster did not change from last season, but that had not helped them. They were third to last in offense, second to last in defense, and dead last in point differential. The only thing that was keeping them away from being the worst team in limmie was the fact that Stewjon had one more conference loss then them.

Dawn stared at the blank line up card that laid on her desk. Over the course of the season she had attempted every possible combination of players and nothing seemed to work. They even attempted to place offensive players on defense, defensive players at midfield, and couple of midfielders in goal.

“What did we expect,” Dawn wondered aloud, “when our players are being picked by a washed up professional wrestler?”

“Actually, I’m a retired professional wrestler.” A sigh heaved from Dawn as she slowly lifted her eyes, which fell upon Bryant Nathans standing in her doorway. Bryant continued before Dawn could even mount a response, “You know one of the many things that I learned while working the territories? The two most talented sports entertainers in the galaxy will never be able to give you top ranking match unless they trust each other.” Dawn just stared at him in slight bewilderment, “Everytime I stepped into the ring, I had to trust the being across from me to be able to keep me safe, the same way that they had to trust me.

“So, I guess my big question for you is, what can I do to earn your trust?” Bryant walked in and took up the seat on the opposite side of her desk, “Because, Dawn, I trust you can bring this team together and lead us to the playoffs again.”

Dawn’s brow furrowed as she thought about his question for a moment, “Lift my administrative review.”

“You know I can’t do that. Mrs. Oriel-Elmeslac will not allow us to break the terms of a binding contract.”

“Then I don’t know.”

Bryant slowly stood, “Well Coach, I just wanted to let you know that I am not going to be in attendance for the next few weeks’ matches. As far as the league is concerned, I am taking some ‘personal time’ to travel. I’ll be travelling by charter.”

“Charter? I’m sure the team can spare a shuttle for you?”

“If I did that I would have to register my destination with the League offices, and once I do that everybody will know where I’m going. And believe me, none of us want that to happen.”

Dawn was confused for a moment, but then the realization dawned on her, “You’re checking out some prospects, aren’t you?

“I don’t know, am I?” Bryant gave her a knowing wink, “I’ll catch up with you all on Stewjon when we clinch our playoff spot.”

Dawn gave a slight chuckle as the GM departed and diligently set her mind to putting together the lineup she trusted to break their 5 game losing streak.

TAG: @Trieste

Runjedirun, jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jellal Ferdandez
    Old Nassau Bar, O'Pahz, Carratos

Jellal sat at the bar, a scowl on his face. Another week had gone by, nothing, no job, no call, just silence. Things were getting tight money wise. It would be enough to drive a man to madness, or violence. He was out of the house just so he didn't have to stew in his own thoughts. The man was hoping to meet his new friend, his friend that he still didn't know the name of. Though he didn't know his name he could at least share a drink with him. They slammed back two drinks, Arcadia Rum, the drink of any red blooded Carratosian.

"I'm getting sick of this." Jellal muttered taking another sip. He'd been waiting patiently for something to come up, some offer, something to tell him he was on the right path. Had their informant been wrong or was someone onto him. The frustration his cover was feeling was genuine. Gildarts was frustrated by not getting a job, and Jellal was the same. It was strange he'd been here for only a few weeks and already he was getting impatient. He knew this might take a bit of work but, this place was getting under his skin. Was the the proximity to his original sin?

Maybe, or maybe it was his complicated feelings towards one of his, for lack of a better word, victims. It seemed he couldn't escape her, not with her having a decent season in the middle of a Pirates so-so performance with only a few weeks left before the playoffs. The red haired half back, the center of the defense was plastered on every screen after game day. Particularly after the beating the Pirates gave to the Mets. Some called it a shot in the arm for a team struggling to find their way after the loss of the 'Jar of Dirt.' and their captain.

Every time he saw her all he could think about was what he did, how badly he hurt her. He recalled just how far he'd fallen to the darkness. He knew he was a monster, he'd never lied to himself about that but, the fact she didn't see him like that, the fact that she would just talk to him. It bothered him, ate at him, for so long he thought she'd try and kill him the moment she saw him. When she didn't when she walked after him, followed with a concerned and curious voice. Part of him couldn't accept that, still couldn't accept that.

"Still no calls?" His bestest buddy asked.

"No...just silence."

"Well...Next week?"

"It's always next week, next week, and it never comes." Jellal downed another shot, "Beginning to regret coming here. Just as stale as V'tal." The man next to him remained quiet calmly sipping his drink. "Well...anything to add?" he snapped at his silent drinking partner.

Said man gave a cross look leaning away from the blue haired gentleman. Again there was silence. Jellal stewed while the tattooed man thought for a moment longer, or just letting the conversation cool a little before speaking up.

"Need an outlet for that anger?" The other man drained his glass setting it back on the bar.

"I need something to do, hopefully something that pays."

"Failing that what do you want?"

Jellal was quiet of a while letting out several long breaths just thinking. Was this the time to push, the time to try and get a foot in the door with the 'White Star'? Maybe it was now, maybe with the right words he could finally get closer to his goal.

"You know that change you keep talking about?"

"Yeah…"

"I think it is about time I make the change."

A slight smirk and sense of accomplishment come from the other man.

"Well, that's a good sign, you're willing to go out and make change on your own. What did you have in mind."

"Maybe a little revenge, on the jerk that threw me off his site."

"Well, no one said change had to be selfless. How's about we discuss this somewhere more private."

"You have a place in mind?"

"Yeah, follow me." Guildarts' friend paid the tab and guided the pair out into the still warm O'Pahz night. They walked for a bit until they entered an apartment building.

"Are we going to your home?"

"Safest place I know."

It was a little later that they entered the simple abode of the as yet unnamed man. There was nothing really special with the interior, a threadbare couch, an older holoprojector, it wasn't too dissimilar to Jellal's home.

"Make yourself at home." The lights came on revealing a few scattered items of Pirates' memorabilia, and some data disks around the holoprojector.

"Thanks." Jellal replied taking a seat on the couch.

"Want a drink?"

"I think I've had enough."

"Ok," The sounds of an opening bottle and pouring into a glass floated through the space. The tattooed man sat down next to Jellal, leaning back a little. "So about this revenge."

A low chuckle escaped Jellal's chest.

"Well, what I would want to do would be to just collapse the whole job, make them start again."

"That could work...you have demolition experience?"

"Yeah, would be easy, and with no collateral damage." Though he wasn't actually trained he was sure with liberal application of the Force he could do it.

"Don't want any of those foreign workers getting hurt."

"Less that more I don't want a murder charge on top of destruction of property."

"Well, that's only if you get caught. If you know what you're doing…"

"Nah...It's just the foreman I hate, the others they're just kinda there."

"I guess it comes down to if you want to send a message or make a statement."

"Is there a difference?"

"A message may scare one company, make them think twice about continuing their work...or continuing as they were. A statement scares all the off world companies, make them all question working where they aren't wanted."

"Wouldn't that mean less jobs?"

"Less jobs that were already going to cheaper foreign workers? No, this would clear the way, like a forest fire, burning away new growth and letting the stronger old growth flourish once again."

"That's a rather rose colored view of it."

"It's the hope I have, the change I strive for. I've fallen in with some like minded individuals. We can help you...if you're interested...If not, that's fine, I won't press you."

A slight smirk pulled at Jellal's lip.

"No...I'm interested...About time for a change."

And he was in.

TAG: No One

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today."

"And just like that, the Mercs take control of the conference."

"They did, they got the job done with a 29-13 win over the Officers and now they really put themselves in the drivers seat with a five and one record with just three to go."

"Is this right, are the remaining three all home games?"

"That's right. Mets next week, then the Miners..."

"That is going to be a heckuva match up."

"Miners also at five and one and running away with the Solo."

"...and then finish the season against the Pirates..."

"I hate those guys."

"...all hosted by the Mercs at Meshla Vhetin."

"So we're looking pretty good if the Mercs can defend home turf to earning a playoff bid."

"Yeah have to hope that home field advantage holds up..."

"You don't get bonus rolls for being at home." Liz pointed out sardonically but was ignored.

"...though their one loss of the season did come at home back in week one."

"That reminds me, I have to say this is a one mean streak the Mercs are on..."

"Five wins in a row, averaging just a smidge over 26 points per game during the streak while the defense is allowing just under 14 points per game..."

"...I wonder though, are they maybe peaking too early?"

"Whaddya mean?"

"Well, once the post season is upon us, one loss sends you home..."

"Sure, sure."

"...so you have to win at least two, possibly three games in a row in order to win a Galactic Cup."

"Sure, sure."

"So..."

"You think they are winning too much now and want them to save some wins for the playoffs?"

"Well, it's not that i want them to lose now, that's crazy."

"Shabla right it is, you try to win every game. The instant you take your foot off the throttle..."

"I just wonder if they're playing their best limmie right now, mid season, and wonder if that is going to come back and bite them in the shebs once they go through the inevitable regression."

"Time will tell man, time will tell."

TAG: @jcgoble3

10. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Carratos Pirates confirm that their captain and star half-forward Leigh Cavanaugh will be out for the next three weeks as she recovers from a torn ACL sustained in the Week 5 game against the Bakura Miners. They hope she will be ready by the Week 9 game against their conference rivals the Mercs
    TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

May 20, 2008
    IC: Dirxx Horstse

Six Boroughs Stadium was not what it once was. To some, that likely meant the sparkling new arena amongst the chaos was sent straight from the hand of a deity, whatever they preferred. To others, it likely was too clean, and did not demonstrate what the Smugglers’ brand had seemingly always been about. Dirxx worked to have no opinion on the subject, but it was a tricky road to follow – Six Boroughs would always be etched in his memory, no matter how far he tried to run from it. Like Bakura Gardens, it would always be there.

He found Rocco Tenten leaning against the side wall of the team tunnel that snaked its way from the bowels of the stadium onto the field. It was the visitor’s entrance, and thus was nowhere near as fancy as the one used by the Smugglers when at home.

“Marvelous, isn’t it?” Dirxx asked the Chagrian as he approached. Tenten paid the Besalisk little mind.

“Not quite what I expected,” the first-year coach commented. “Seems too clean.”

Dirxx just chuckled. “You weren’t here for all the years in the old Six Boroughs. They’ve cleaned up their stadium, but their act . . . that’s another matter.”

“Growing up as a kid, I always hated this place,” Tenten replied. “It’s just different when you have two rivals going at it every year. I saw so many of those games played right here, or at least at the old stadium. It seemed do . . .”

“Dirty? Decrepit?”

“Pretty much.”

“Believe me, everything you saw about the old Six Boroughs was true, I can assure you. It was about the worst place to play in the League as far as hygiene was concerned . . . but that was their advantage. Their stadium made you uncomfortable, made your skin crawl enough to give them an edge. I know I never liked playing there.”

“Makes me wonder how it will be here tomorrow.”

“It’s the first major road test this young team will have to deal with,” Dirxx said. He leaned up against the opposite wall. “Mandalore wasn’t a picnic by any means, but that just seemed like another game against a regular opponent. They have their bigger fish to fry in this League to hate upon, not as much this franchise. But this . . . this is a place where they want to rip your heads off if you wear the Coruscant jersey. That will never change. I’m sure that fifty years after both of us are dead, they’ll still hate our kind here with the exact same vengeance they do now.”

“Not to mention how they think you fleeced them in that Draft Day trade.”

“They wanted Windreaver, and we had the asset they needed to get her. No shame in making it hurt a bit to make a deal.”

“I keep telling myself that you were probably like this during your playing days. Am I wrong in that assumption?”

“Maybe I’ve matured a bit,” Dirxx said as he squeezed two of his meaty fingers close together to prove his point. “Enough to wear the family man hat. But, deep down, I haven’t changed much. You never truly forget your career when you play as long, and accomplish as much, as I did. That includes how I feel about the Smugglers, even though I can’t go on camera and say that.”

“Then you’re lucky no one is watching.”

“Even if they were, what kind of ammo could they use against me? It just feeds the maw of the beast that is this rivalry, one-sided as it has been recently.”

“Think the rooks will be too scared to handle this place?”

“That’s why I left some veterans on this roster, to keep this whole deck of cards from falling apart,” Dirxx said. “I figure Adama knows this place well enough to drill it in the minds of each forward to ignore the crowd noise. Mandalore was louder, yes, but this is a whole different ballgame. This is a rivalry, a bloody one. Make sure the trainers know to have extra bandages handy, because they’ll need to use ‘em.”

“I see. Clearly I’ve never played in this sort of the environment.”

“Welcome to the Elite League, Rocco. All bets are off when you get to this level . . . this ain’t Fondor anymore. The only thing that comes close are those U of C and the Air Fleet Academy games back home, but it still doesn’t hold a candle to this. And the Gardens are never like this, because as much as those Bakurans love to drink . . . and trust me, they drink whenever possible . . . they’re nowhere near Smuggler fans. Those guys brawl before they ask questions. It’s why they hate us so much . . .”

“You ask too many questions?”

“It’s that we showed up to the stadium to play a game. That’s enough to piss ‘em off.”

“I see.”

“No pressure,” Dirxx said as he slapped a meaty paw on the Chagrian’s shoulder.

“Right, none at all. Should be easy.”

“If you let Jeshua loose, he might let the Smugglers feel a little pain after a few minutes. As for Keth . . . keep an eye on him. We don’t want him getting tossed in a game like this.”

“You can get tossed out of a game here?”

“Not necessarily, but don’t tell him that,” Dirxx said with a finger wag.

“Afraid he’ll become the next Meredith Chambers?”

“First of all, there can never be another one of her. Well, maybe except her daughter, but that’s beside the point. As far as playing like her at Six Boroughs, I’ll take that any day here. Makes it a little easier to sleep at night.”

“So you’re saying not to let my players know what this means?” Tenten asked, obviously confused.

“You could give them a heads-up, but I think they’ll figure it out for themselves regardless when the kickoff comes and the hate spews from the stands. That’s when you know you’re playing in the Elite League. Besides, you’ll find out what hate is also like on Chandrila in a couple weeks, but that’s for another day.”

“This isn’t going to be like last week, is it?”

“No, this is a level of hell in its own right. You might want to chew on that a little bit tonight and be prepared, because this is a big one for you as well. “

“Noted.”

“Good luck out there tomorrow. We’re all counting on you.”

TAG:
    @Vehn

Vehn and Trieste like this.
  12. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Inside sources say Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste is "freaking out" over a scenario that sees the Bak10 champion shut out from the college playoff
      • "She cannot believe that a second or third place team from another conference, even a power conference, has more right to a playoff spot than the Bak10 champion"
    • HSN analyst: "With no championship game to bolster the Bak10's shot at making the playoff, it would take a major bump in rankings by the end of the regular season for UBTV to make it. At this point, it's almost impossible for any other team to get in"
      • "The last time Kerry Trieste was upset about how the Bak10 got treated in the college championship discussion, we got the playoff. Who knows what will happen this time if she feels her conference hasn't been treated fairly"
    • UBTV made the Semifinal game last year, the highest any Bak10 team has finished since the playoff began and has led the conference all season in rankings

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Mand'alor - Manager of EUC, SWC and Anthology/BtS star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Regular season is over and done with, just the two Conference title games to go next week during Championship week to sort out and finalize the field of sixteen."

"Should have a pretty good idea this week though once the final regular season rankings come out."

"No doubt about that, and there will be movement at the bottom of the bracket as three out of the four teams ranked 15 through 18 took losses this weekend, which is good news for the teams behind them that won."

"Bad time to lose a game if you're trying to impress the pollsters."

"#15 Sposia Medical University, #17 Taanab A&M University and #18 GVSU..."

"Woohoo!"

"...were the big losers this weekend, while the teams behind them that could be moving up after impressive wins include University of the Northern Industrial District, KMI and the Pioneers of UBTV."

"Going to be interesting to see which teams make the big jump and maybe even grab a playoff spot."

"And to see if the Kerry Trieste suicide watch is still ongoing."

"Meanwhile, we still have a pair of games to go during championship week."

"So looking forward to this."

"In the Super 16 you have The Ord Sabaok University..."

"Go Bucks!"

"...the winners of the Crendan against the champs of the Kayl'hen, Duro State University."

"Duro could get knocked out of the playoff if they lose that game."

"If?"

"Over in the BIG two-oh Rimward champ University of Wroona takes on the Coreward winners, University of Zeltros..."

"Not sure even a win by Wroona can get them into the playoff picture."

"Probably not."

"I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update. I'll be back with you next hour at five after the hour but until then more of the Rancor Pitt, right here on the Fandalorian!"

TAG: no one/everyone

:bb8::bb8::bb8:

HSN Top 25 after Week Seven

1. Cloud City University, Bespin
    2. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    3. Ralltiir University
    4. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    5. The Ord Sabaok University
    6. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    7. University of Kashyyyk
    8. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    9. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III
    10. University of Zeltros
    11. Sarvchi Technological University
    12. University of Commenor
    13. Kothlis National University
    14. Duro State University
    15. UB Telaan Valley
    16. Zehava College, Melida/Daan
    17. University of the Northern Industrial District
    18. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    19. University of Denon
    20. Sposia Medical University
    21. Grand Vulptur System University
    22. Taanab A&M University
    23. University of Ord Mantell
    24. Verpine Technical Institute (Roche Asteroids)
    25. University of Wroona

Trieste, Runjedirun and jcgoble3 like this.
  14. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Bonus potential to Bakura, Carratos, Coruscant, Mando'ade, Ralltiir, and Rydonni Prime!

290 Week 7 Results
    Euceron Officers at Bakura Miners (22-24)
    Chandrila Patriots at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (10-39)
    Carratos Pirates at Ralltiir Starkillers (12-20)
    Coruscant Senators at Nar Shaddaa Smugglers (1-20)
    Stewjon Metropolitans at Mando’ade Mercs (21-21, OT 26-27)

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 @jcgoble3 @Jedi Gunny @Runjedirun @SWNerd11 @Vehn

Vehn likes this.
  15. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Sub GM Post

Bonus Potential for Atzerri (28), Thyferra (28) Byblos (28), Tatooine (28), and Concordia (28)

LFL Week Six Results

Week 6
    Atzerri Bandits @ Concordia Crusaders (23-6)
    Druckenwell Marksmen @ Byblos Golden Knights (16-24)
    Tatooine Sandskimmers @ Thyferra Force (8-6)

Tags: @galactic-vagabond422 @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @SWNerd11 @Jedi Gunny

16. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• HSN analysts make bevy of playoff projections
      • Mando'ade Mercs secure playoff berth and home field advantage throughout Skywalker Conference playoffs
      • Bakura Miners secure home field advantage throughout Skywalker Conference playoffs
      • Winner of next week's Bakura/Mando'ade game will control their destiny in Commissioner's Trophy race
      • Stewjon Metropolitans eliminated from playoff contention
      • All other teams are in the playoff hunt
    • Miners captain Horst Penn wears a blue derby hat in wake of victory against Euceron
      • "I'm really surprised I'm the only one wearing this hat. I thought that it was mandatory that we all wear it to the game"
      • Assistant captain Jo Pawvelski: "Oh Force, how did we not see this coming when the game got named the True Blue Derby?"
      • Midfielder Kyr Irvin: "This is gonna be the game trophy from now on, isn't it?"
    • HSN college ranking team receives a cookie bouquet from Bak10 Commissioner Kerry Trieste in the wake of UBTV's ranking at #15, likely putting them in the playoff
    TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

IC: The Rancor Pitt

"LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! From downtown Keldabe, on a sunny and warm Victory afternooooon. Welcome on into the Rancor Pitt, here on your wave home of the Mando'ade Mercs. I'm Randy the Rancor, he's Justin Pitt. Liz Baker on the boards, with Kitterich on the other side of the glass and oh baby do we have a lot to talk about today. How ya feelin' Justin?"

"Man feeling great, feeling really great. Big show today."

"That's right, that's right. We've got former Chancellor and current head of the Bak 10 Conference Kerry Trieste coming up at the top of the second hour of the show to discuss the upcoming college limmie playoffs..."

"That should be fun."

"More fun now that the Bak10 looks like they actually might have a playoff team."

"Pioneers still on the bubble man."

"But first, we have to talk about the Mando'ade Mercs, winners of six straight who not only punched theirt ticket to the post season with a 27 to 26 overtime win over Stewjon, but also clinched the Skywalker Conference in the process."

"Tough, tough game they played against the Mets but the combination of Fu Arock who put up the winning bar point in the overtime, and Jaing, who put in the tying goal as regulation expired just would not let the Mercs lose this one, a game they really should have lost when you consider how the Mets came to play early on."

"Six to zero deficit for the Mercs after five, down 14-4 at the half, yeah it looked bleak but the Mercs turned it on starting the second half and started to hold the Mets forwards down a little which allowed for the offense to claw their way back into things."

"Yeah, once they got the crowd back into it, I really had no doubts, thogh down by three with a minute to go, I admit that was...nerve racking."

"But Jaing's nerves were as cool as Hoth as he got the 'netter to tie the game..."

"Fantastic shot from a guy who is oft overlooked on this team, but he really thrust himself to the fore last night."

"Of course the Mets wouldn't go quietly, and the OT was back and forth until who else but Fu Arock scored the winning bar point as the OT expired."

"Yeah, as the overtime period went on, you just kind of got the sense that it was going to be the last team holding the ball that ended up with the win, and thanks to the machinations of Jolla out there at midfield, that ball ended up in the hands of Fu Aarock and he got us the winning point."

"And now it sets up a huge match up with the Miners next week at Meshla Vhetin."

"Both teams sitting at six and one, both teams clinched the top spot in their respective conferences, these are two heavyweights who have been eyeing each other all season and now, finally, they have a shot at each other with not only bragging rights, but also perhaps a psychological advantage up for grabs headed into the playoffs."

"Not to mention the inside track at the Commissioner's Trophy."

"The winner won't clinch it outright?"

"No, there are a few unlikely scenarios that would preclude that I think."

"Too bad, would be neat to see it awarded right then and there."

"Yeah it would."

"So, with so much on the line, but playoff spots, and even seeding, already set for the two teams, there is no chance that either coach lets off the coaxium and rests their starters for this one right?"

"Oh, no way, no way. Both organizations, from the nacho cheese vendor in the stands through to ownership wants this one, and they will pull out all the stops to win it."

"Maybe we can ask the Chancellor her thoughts on this game too..."

"Even if we don't, I'm sure she'll give them to us."

TAG: @Trieste for next week's game.

Runjedirun, SWNerd11 and Trieste like this.
  18. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

HSN Headlines

• Rydonni Prime Monarchs' General Manager, Bryant Nathans, is conspicuous by his absence at the Monarchs much needed week 7 home victory over the Patriots.
    • Sources within the ELL Commissioner's office stated that no travel plan was submitted by Nathans.
    • Monarchs' Front Office released a statement today that the General Manager was taking some personal time with his wife and newborn daugher.
    • When the Monarchs' President, Eowin Oriel, was questioned, about the suspicious timing of Nathans' trip, her response was less than forthcoming, "I'm not sure why a man taking a private trip with his family would cause so many eyebrows to raise.”
    • There have been unconfirmed reports that Nathans was spotted in the Independent Systems somewhere near Imperial space.
    TAG: @SWNerd11

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Runjedirun likes this.
  19. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: Ayn Trieste
    Mesh’la Vhetin, Keldabe, Mandalore

(I have now failed to reuse only songs from Ayn’s first season...I kind of ran out of steam. :()

Maybe the Coalition Memorial Game bad blood went beyond the history of Galactic Cup excellence on the part of both teams, the Glencross-Kor’le rivalry, and the Arock-Penn rivalry. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that both Bakura and the Mandalorian diaspora dearly loved this sport and tied up their national pride in it. Maybe it had to do with doing two of the smallest fanbases in the sport, their world populations numbering in the millions, not billions. Maybe the reason they fought each other so hard was that they were looking in a mirror at each other and the reflection was uncomfortable.

This year the similarities were striking, Ayn reflected. Both already had first round byes in the playoffs locked up. Both were 6-1 after early season losses. Both had Galactic Cup hopes this season. Both had won championships in recent history, but neither were defending the title in 290. They’d even each had their own protest movements: Kryze for the Mercs and Quinn for the Miners.

More than ever, Ayn could feel in the air of the mammoth Mandalorian stadium that this installment of their rivalry was bursting with the warrior spirit of the Miners and the cavalier attitude of the Mercs.

“Okay, now we’re going to see what kind of team the Miners are,” Declan admitted to his wife.

“After the narrow win against the Officers last week, this could go either way,” Ayn confided. “I’d feel more comfortable if we hadn’t eked that out.”

“That was a top two defensive showdown and look what happened? Over 40 points between the two teams. Any given Primeday, my dear,” Declan said. He shook his head in light disbelief. “We’ve got the personnel to play with the Mercs. Irvin’s going to come out blazing against his old team.”

“And Pic has had a heck of a bounceback year,” Ayn countered. “Late 30s and she’s still dominating.”

Declan noted a slight wistful note in Ayn’s voice. “I still support the trade for Irvin. He’s younger and just as good as Pic is now, but with more years on his career. It was a smart trade. Mercs had to hate that Irvin wanted out and Cundertol exploited that to pry him away from them in a lopsided trade. He had the leverage.”

“I know...but she was a loyal soldier.” Loyalty meant much to Ayn politically. It was not surprising that the feeling bled over into Miner players.

Declan waggled his head a couple of times as he thought about a reply to that, but ultimately settled on none. “Want to go crash the Mada’lor’s box at the half?”

“Crashing a heavily armed bunker sounds like an idea the Marshals would love,” Ayn said sarcastically.

Declan looked over his shoulder. “Operation Flame Douser is a go. I repeat, Flame Douser is go.”

“Yessssssssss,” Trixie hissed with excitement. She was already applying war paint to her face.

“Trixie--”

“Shhhhhh,” Ayn hushed. “Don’t bother. It’s Trixie.”

“I hope she told Horst to tackle Arock today instead of hug him.”

I hope she told Horst not to wear that awful hat.”

“I liked the hat,” Declan said.

“You would, wouldn’t you?”

The national anthems were announced and everyone in the box stood. Bakura’s would come first as the visiting team.

“We going to do this?” Declan asked.

“Yep,” Ayn confirmed.

“It’s not going to go over well with the Mandalorians,” the Minister of State said.

“I know. That’s half of why we’re doing it.”

As the first strains of Bakura’s national anthem began, Harle Quinn put her fist in the air in her traditional protest. A second later Declan and Ayn joined her in solidarity. The planet that had punished Kaepernick Kryze for his views on nonviolence was now coming face-to-face with the Bakuran non-human rights movement. Would it spur the Mercs to an angry victory? Would it get put them out of sorts?

Ayn didn’t know--but she wasn’t going to let that stop her from getting them hot under the collar. It was one of the things she loved most in the galaxy.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik (I think you saw what I did there :p)

20. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Jellal Fernandes
    O'Pahz, Carratos

It wasn't too long after his talk with his new best friend that Jellal got a cryptic call from him. He was asked to meet in a empty building, once a factory for locally sold textiles. The space was caverness and empty other than a few tables here and there. Jellal and his friend stood at the far end just waiting...waiting and looking towards one of the few pools of light that illuminated a small round table with two beings around it. One was a pantoran male with gold tattoos under his eyes and the other was a Shistavanen female hair dyed white down the center of her head.

They continued to speak in hushed tones looking up to Jellal and his friend from time to time. The normally composed friend seemed a little nervous rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet. He was like a school boy being called in front of the headmaster. These must have been the higher ups in the cell that was growing in this city. Jellal didn't reach out, didn't probe to see which one of these beings were the dark puppet master. It was a two way street he would know who they were and they would know who he was.

He would have to work without the aid of the force he would just have to get through this 'meeting' without reading the room. The tension held for an intermintal amount of time, he swore he saw sweat beading on the other man's forehead. Whatever was going on in this meeting it was important to this man. Was this how he felt when he brought new recruits to meet the higher ups. He was a recruiter was he not, was this not a regular vetting? Wasn't this something he did often just a matter of course?

Unless this wasn't a regular meeting.

"Come," The Pantoran called out. Without hesitation the tattooed man walked forward, Jellal followed after. Eyes never moving from the table. "Sit." he continued gesturing to the chair in front of him. "Both of you." Jellal and the other man sat, the other man seemed to have calmed a little now that they were allowed to sit. Again silence consumed the conversation as the pair on the other side of the table sized up the new comer. Their gaze didn't faze him this was an interview he had to put his best foot forward.

"So…" the shistavanen started fangs glinting in the weak light from the overhead light. "Our friend here tells us that you are interested in joining our little...endeavor." Her gaze lowered a bit eyes searching of deceit.

"Yeah, he says that you guys can give me a chance at changing this place."

"If things go right." The pantroan replied, "We can make this city better."

"I don't really care about better, I just want some actual jobs that aren't going to some backwater yahoo that doesn't care about my home planet." There was a bit of anger in his voice hoping that it made an impression.

There was a slight smirk at the corner of the pantoran's mouth.

"You seem motivated, that's good."

"I'm more than motivated."

The shistavanen nodded her head in agreement, though she did give a sidelong glance to the pantoran.

"Well, we are always looking for beings with drive. Ours is not an easy road."

"You know what they say nothing worth doing is ever easy."

The wolfwoman leaned back in her chair fingers interlacing in front of her. Silence returned the interviewers looked at each other then back to Jellal.

"You seem willing but we can't be too careful. We got a job more the idea of one, need some supplies for it."

"What kind of supplies?" Jellal asked leaning forward playing the eager recruit.

Again the pantoran and shistavanen share a look the one with the bluer skin nodded his head.

"Explosives. We could make our own but, we're a little short on materials and this is time sensitive we got two weeks to do this and we need to lock in the materials now so we can plan the attack."

"What's the target?"

Another silence a nervous look from his best friend, a stern searching one from the two interviewers.

"You'll learn that when the time comes...if it ever comes." The shistavanen said, her voice low growling at him.

Jellal knew when he had crossed a line, and put up his hands in surrender.

"Got it... got it, need to know." He hoped he had fixed the damage, and hadn't given his buddy a heart attack. "And I know a place I can get some blasting agent."

"Where?" The pantoran asked leaning forward with interest.

"It's at my old job site, did some temp work there till the foreman kicked me off."

"Weak security?" his furry partner growled.

"Not weak per say but...I know a few tricks, know were the workers like to take their smoke breaks and forget to lock up the site."

"Heh, cutting corners."

"Only way some people know how to do it."

"Get the explosives here." The pantoran continued gesturing to the old beaten down factory around him, "by the end of the week and we'll be in business."

"End of the week."

When it was made clear it was time to leave both Jellal and his friend took their leave.

It was next week when they met up again. The Pirates were on the road facing the Starkillers and Jellal was out breaking and entering. At the gate was a simple mechanical lock Jellal pulled out a simple length of metal, a flmsiclip he'd stolen from the Stellaris office on one of his many visits. He turned in such a way that his friend couldn't see. The extra man was sent along to make sure that Jellal went through with the job and to provide help should the need arise.

With a wiggle of his shoulders and quick turn of the Force the lock came undone.

"Got some skills." the tattooed man replied.

"Told you I had some tricks." Jellal shot back as they moved as quietly as they could across the site. They made their way to the prefab shed where the explosives were kept. There wasn't much need for it any more the foundations had been dug and bedrock already blasted but, the excess remained. Another 'trick' and they were in they rushed to gather it up and get out. There was a guard but, only one for a massive site. They should be fine as long as neither of them did anything too noisy.

That was when Jellal's friend stubbed his toe against a stack of metal rods used to stiffen the duracrete. The rattle could be heard for some distance. Off in the distance a glow rod shined. They moved double time lugging the blasting agent with them. They could see the guard coming closer he had spotted them. Jellal began to slow down letting his friend take the lead. Soon enough he was hidden in the darkness of the site making his way around coming up behind the poor man that was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The guard shined his light on Jellal's friend just as Jellal sprung from behind and gripped the youngish, burly, Kaltoonian in a choke hold. It took a few moments with lots of struggling Jellal forced all his will into the hold and into the young man's mind, just looking to blot his last few moments of consciousness. The wind was knocked out of the would be terrorist as he was slammed against a metal beam. He was going to be bruised in the morning but, he wasn't letting go. The stronger man fell to a knee, his strength being sapped, then finally to the ground as his consciousness left him.

"Uh….Uh…" the tattooed man suttered picking up a heavy tool, "We need to kill him, hide the body. He saw my face."

Jellal put up his hand.

"Calm down, once he wakes up, he won't remember a thing, don't worry. I've done this before. Now let's get going before he wakes."

The friend moved forward intent in his eyes, Jellal cut him off. Putting hands on his shoulders.

"We don't have time for this we have to go now. Leaving a body, or disappearing him won't help matters. Let's just go." He looked sternly into the other man's eyes. They didn't have long, only a few moments.

The tension held before the other man relented and they carried their ill gotten goods away, with the guard none the wiser, though he would have a massive headache when he did wake.

Stuffing the loot into the back of a speeder procured for this operation, they drove away Jellal slumping back in his seat, slightly out of breath from the exertion. More from using the force to mind wipe a being than the actual takedown.

His partner in this crime began to chuckle. The chuckle turned into a laugh shared by the two men. It was pure adrenaline and nerves, they were safe, and they completed their mission.

They dropped off their stolen cargo and returned to the Old Nassau for celebratory drinks. There they caught the tail end of the Pirates game, still on to provide noise more than the thrilling game being played.

The team in white and black was struggling now, the lack of their star captain and point player was showing. Not that the 'Killers were just sitting on their laurels, they were earning every point. Jellal's red headed crush did what she could but, it wasn't enough, the home team, the Starkillers were killing them.

At the end the Pirates were soundly beaten, and screaming towards a losing season. There weren't many games left. If they wanted a chance at the playoffs they needed to get something going.

However that wasn't really Jellal's problem at the moment.

His problem was what the 'White Star's' target was, and who was leading this cell.

His only hope was that they would show themselves before the operation. If not he might find himself having to go through with this...having to detonate a bomb Force knows where.

TAG: @Runjedirun

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  21. Vehn

Vehn Jedi Master star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Omar Mosk

VCN Sports Network

"There's only two weeks left in the regular season and I honestly don't think the Nar Shaddaa Smugglers have what it takes to go the distance this year. I know, I know, that's not what you want to hear but let's look at the stats. They're 4-3, they have a 1-1 Conference record, third ranked offense and fifth ranked defense, and two games left against the Skywalker. They face Carratos this week which is always a tough out and then wrap up against Euceron. Honestly, people, I'm not seeing a magical run. And now it's time to wrap up the show with some questions from you: the Crew."

"Omar," he began reading off the teleprompter, "your show sucks this year. You've barely talked about relevant issues and I'm beginning to think you are losing your touch. What gives?"

"Well," Omar replied, "quite frankly I'm getting old. I've been doing this job since before your grandmother was born. I've covered Rhia Grames, Tover Micjaa, Erin Windreaver, Mylessa McCloud, Meredith Chambers and John Huntington since they were in diapers. I am VCN. My word is law."

The production crew laughed.

"Honestly, I'm getting ready to retire. This is my last season hosting VCSN. When I started this journey I was nothing, VCSN was nothing, and I had nothing. Now, well, I've got so much I lose stuff all the time like my '67 Rothana Heavy Engineering armored speeder. That was a good year. Nar Shaddaa won the Cup. I'd just gotten married to a woman I only knew for a few weeks. Never had any kids out of her so that's a plus. Made my first million credits. Never looked back. Next question."

"Omar," he read, "do you think of the Smugglers run the gambit again this year they'll play against the Miners?"

"Look," Omar replied, "I don't have all the answers. I do know that last year's run, however incredible, was a statistical anomoly. The Smugglers had a losing record. I repeat a losing record. They beat two teams on the road to make it to the Final where they went up against the Miners, who arguably have owned them in the great game, and came out on top. The only way that victory is happening is because Shady Lerouex frakking willed it to happen. She's gone and now the Smugglers are hurting a bit on offense."

"Last question," Omar read, "Big O, I like this guy already, I'm a season ticket holder for the Smugglers. Where do you see this team going in the next ten years?"

"Honestly?" Omar replied, "I don't even want to answer that question."

The lights dimmed and Omar took out his earpiece. He sighed and tapped the desk. Another day, another show, and the fatigue of life was wearing on him heavily.

Tag: No one

Runjedirun and Trieste like this.
  22. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012

IC: Tomas Vigo

Things were finally on track. The Starkillers were on a three game win streak. Tomas Vigo should be sound asleep. Recovering from nothing short of a spectacular game of Limmie. Tomas Vigo was wide awake. With a scarf over his head to protect his identity he turned a corner into one of the seediest neighborhoods in Cambrielle.

As he made his way towards a familiar alley Tomas became aware of footsteps behind him. Was he being followed? To find out Tomas made a turn he wasn’t planning to make, sure enough, but his shadow wasn’t trying to remain unseen. The steps became quicker until the man following Tomas was right next to him. “What you doing out here Vigo?” A friendly voice asked.

Tomas knew that voice. He pulled down his scarf. “I could ask the same of you. Doesn’t my brother pay you enough not to live in this neighborhood anymore?”

“I should hope so. I’m a two time Galactic Cup winning goal keeper. With you at midfield maybe I’ll have four titles to my name before I retire my cleats,” Cliff said with a smile. “Still with all the funds I make between playing and endorsements I can’t help everyone here,” Cliff looked up at the skyscraper of low income housing that he and Tomas were standing beside.

“Von’kedo and I work with families who have children with head injuries and brain diseases,” Tomas put in. “I know what you mean. It’s overwhelming,” Tomas did something he rarely did. He hung his head.

Cliff put his finger under Tomas’ chin and lifted Tomas head back towards the sky. “Don’t you ever hang your head Vigo. You’re something special.”

Tomas knew it wasn’t true. He’d come out here for a thrill. Selling spice tonight would have brought Tomas an undeniable rush. He also would have hurt an unknown number of beings. What the hell had he been thinking? “Maybe I should go back to my neighborhood,” he said turning to leave.

“Wait,” Cliff called. “You never told me what you were doing out here.”

“Just going for a walk,” Tomas walked all night. As the sun began to come up Tomas headed towards the stadium. Financial Square Arena could be seen for miles. It was beautiful. Tomas noticed as the number of speeders began to increase, it was morning rush. Beings off to their mundane jobs. Probably wishing they were somewhere else. They sped by at first, as the number of speeders increased their speed decreased. Traffic crawled. Tomas was walking faster than the speeders were crawling. He looked ahead and saw law enforcement lights flashing.

Tomas jogged a little to see if the accident looked bad. Maybe he could help. There was not an accident. Just a lot of garbage. A small ship used to collect garbage in the city had malfunctioned pouring trash all over the street. The stench was unbearable. Tomas pinched his nose, he saw the dejected looking pilot of the malfunctioned trash ship standing on the side of the road with his head hung. Speeders crept by in one lane unable to get by where the piles of garbage were.

It wasn’t the stench of the trash or the angered speeder drivers that were going to be late for work that caught Tomas’ attention. It was that pilot on the side of the road. Here’s some being that got up this morning knowing it’s his life’s work to haul trash. That could not be a good feeling to begin with. Yet this guy has a family to feed so he starts up his ship and goes to work. Only to have this happen. The law officers are directing speeders around the trash. Tomas assess the mess.

Tomas could probably fix the ship, but he might need a few spare parts. It could take a while. Instead Tomas pulled the scarf around his face to help with the smell. He walks into the street and begins to pick up garbage. The pilot walks up beside Tomas. “You crazy man? Who knows what you be touching? This is my job, I’ll do it.”

“I have a shower at home,” Tomas says with a shrug. He takes as much trash as he can carry to the side of the road and begins to make a pile. Working together to two men clear the street in about an hour. Finally Tomas pulls down the scarf. Not to reveal who he is. He’s just hot.

‘You Tomas Vigo!” The pilot says. He begins to laugh. “You one of the richest men on this planet and you stopped to help clean up garbage?” The pilot who had been the saddest looking being that Tomas had ever seen just an hour ago was now showing off a crooked but happy smile.

“I can fix that ship if you’d like,” Tomas offered. “Would be best if I have it towed over to the spaceport first. I probably have the parts you need in my storage unit.”

Tomas felt two arms engulf him in a hug. After towing the ship to the spaceport Tomas took the pilot back the stadium. They showered in the Starkillers locker room. Tomas lent the man some warm-ups in his size and they had breakfast together. Then they headed to the spaceport so Tomas could repair the ship. “How much I owe you?” The man asked once Tomas was finished.

“Nothing,” Tomas insisted.

Finally, Tomas went back to his apartment. He crawled into bed and promptly fell asleep.

Tags: None

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    jcgoble3 and Trieste like this.
  23. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

"Hi I'm Ken Kitterich with your five by five sports update brought to you by Merr-Sonn, Fill you enemies with primal fear, fill their lungs with fire, Merr-Sonn."

"Championship week has come and gone and wouldn't you know it, both games were spectacular."

"I don't..."

"In the BiG20, number 25 University of Wroona pulled off the 26 to 25 upset over number ten University of Zeltros, a win that could see them thrust into the spotlight and a potential playoff berth."

"I still don't think they'll move up that far..."

"Skip Clueless over at the three letter network thinks they will."

"Yeah and what does he know that guy is..." Randy trailed off as though it seemed like he was looking for the right word.

"While over in the S16..."

"Ugh."

"... number five The Ord Sabaok University was upset by number 14 Duro State, also by a 26 to 25 score."

"Has the GM checked to make sure those dice were regulation?"

"Man, that sucked. Bucks still gotta be in the playoff though right?"

"Hey if Wroona can jump in, it certainly means the StarBucks could drop out."

"Please don't say that."

"Going to be a nervous night for folks around the galaxy then..."

"Ord Sabaok, Wroona, Zeltros..."

"Even Bakura."

"...as we await the final rankings and the seeding for the playoff teams. Who is in, who just had the bubble burst? We'll broadcast the selection show live in five hours, but until then, I'm Ken Kitterich and this has been your five by five sports update."

TAG: no one/everyone

:bb8::bb8::bb8:

Andf since I wouldn't actually make y'all wait an additional five hours. :p

Final HSN Top 25 after Championship Week

1. Cloud City University, Bespin
    2. University of Tatooine, Anchorhead
    3. Ralltiir University
    4. Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa
    5. The Ord Sabaok University
    6. Wookiee Forrest Institute
    7. University of Kashyyyk
    8. Ryloth Ag and Tech University
    9. Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III
    10. Sarvchi Technological University
    11. University of Zeltros
    12. Duro State University
    13. University of Commenor
    14. Kothlis National University
    15. UB Telaan Valley
    16. Zehava College, Melida/Daan
    17. University of the Northern Industrial District
    18. Keldabe Military Institute (Mandalore)
    19. University of Denon
    20. Sposia Medical University
    21. Grand Vulptur System University
    22. Taanab A&M University
    23. University of Wroona
    24. University of Ord Mantell
    25. Verpine Technical Institute (Roche Asteroids)

Limmie Lunacy:

Skimmer Ade Bowl: #16 Zehava College, Melida/Daan vs. #1 Cloud City University, Bespin

Dos Iziz Bowl: #15 UB Telaan Valley vs. #2 University of Tatooine, Anchorhead

Beskar Bowl, presented by MandalMotors: #14 Kothlis National University vs. #3 Ralltiir University

Carnation Bowl: #13 University of Commenor vs. #4 Vertical City University, Nar Shaddaa

Party Bowl: #12 Duro State University vs. #5 The Ord Sabaok University:

Sweetner Bowl: #11 University of Zeltros vs. #6 Wookiee Forrest Institute

Nylonite Bowl: #10 Sarvchi Technological University vs. #7 University of Kashyyyk

Jogan Bowl: #9 Albanin-Baxel Defense Academy, Clantaano III vs. #8 Ryloth Ag and Tech University

OOC: A word on the final rankings. I roll an overall place for each team for the regular season and then roll tie breakers for the ones that end up trying (there usually are a number of 9/10's) that need to get broken up. However for the teams that play in a conference championship game I use the results of those games as the ultimate tie breaker. A win in the conference title game puts that team above all others with the same overall season roll. A loss puts them below all those teams that earned the same season roll. tOSU here earned a season roll of 13, tying Ralltiir and VCU. Their tie breaker with them was a one (as compared to a five and a four for Ralltiir and VCU respectfully). A win would have vaulted tOSU over both of those, but as they lost they ended up at the bottom of that tie breaking bracket, which for them is right where they started. So that's why tOSU didn't move down even following their S16 Championship loss. As it happens, it sets up for a fun rematch next week, though I admit the way I do the rankings did end up in a rather odd situation.

Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  24. SWNerd11

SWNerd11 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2017
    IC: Dawn Solo
    Rydonni Prime

Dawn had crunched the numbers and ran every possible scenario; Starkillers lose out and the Senators win out, the Starkillers lose out and the Senators split, the Starkillers split and the Senators win out, the Starkillers split and the Senators lose out, both the Starkillers and the Senators split or win out or lose out. The odds of the Monarchs making it into the playoffs were slim… but still existent. She did not mind long odds, it was how she lived her life.

Of all of these situations there was one consistent variable, the Monarchs had to win out. If they did not win both of their last two games, they would be mathematically eliminated. The other trend she noticed was that regardless if the Senators win or lose their next two games, they were also a lock for the playoffs because of their conference record. The final thing she found was that in the final week, the Monarchs were going to be Miners’ fans.

She did not like having to root for the other Blue and Gold squad, but it was necessary. If the Miners lost to the Starkillers, the Monarchs would be sunk. The Starkillers would have a record of 5-4 while the Monarchs would only be at 4-5, at worst the Senators would have the same record and their conference record of 3-1 would trump the Monarchs 2-2. So like she said, their odds of making the playoffs were extremely slim.

As she sat back in her office chair she happened to notice the latest HSN Headlines scroll across the bottom of her datapad. Suddenly one in particular caught her eye. Monarchs' Front Office released a statement today that the General Manager was taking some personal time with his wife and newborn daughter. Dawn immediately turned on the holonet to find the Monarchs' President, Eowin Oriel, responding to some questions.

"I'm not sure why a man taking a private trip with his family would cause so many eyebrows to raise.”

“Frak me,” Dawn muttered under her breath.

“Ma’am, you don’t find it at all suspicious that your General Manager is taking an unregistered vacation, potentially outside of Republic space, while your team is in the midst of a playoff hunt, and within days of your team announcing they would be participating in next year’s draft?”

“Once again, I don’t see how any of that matters one way or the other. His daughter was born just a few months before the start of the season, and with the daily grind of being the General Manager of an Elite Limmie squad, he hasn’t had much personal time. Besides, I don’t know where in the galaxy he is, do you?”

“I do.”

Dawn looked to the darkened corner of her office and found a familiar face that matched the familiar voice. “Gods’ frak it, Kol’sin! You’re sure lucky that I am not allowed to carry my blaster in here.” The SPEAR agent just shrugged his shoulders and came into the light. “So what are you doing tracking the whereabouts of our current GM and lurking in dark corners?”

“Tracking people is just something I do, besides the Royal Family wanted to make sure that Nathans wasn’t doing anything to put the sector at risk.”

“So what is Nathans up to?”

“I’m not a liberty to disclose that, unless he already trusted you with such information.”

Dawn started chuckling, “That’s an interesting choice of words… trust. That was the last conversation Bryant and I had before he left… trust.”

“Huh? Well, I just stopped by to let you know that I was off to Zeltros, permanently. I am officially retiring from SPEAR and I just wanted to tell you farewell.”

“Zeltros you say? I hear it is a magical place.”

“That it is.” Kol’sin crossed her office to the door, “Oh, before I go I thought you might want to take a look at this.” The agent tossed her a data disc, “You know the darndest things turn up when you are running a background check. Apparently most professional sports entertainers start out academy sports stars until they suffer some sort of injury that cuts their promising career short. That young Bakuran in your Front Office had a full ride to UBCS to play midfielder when his knee blew out in his final game.”

Dawn couldn’t believe her ears. She just stood there staring at the data disc.

“I guess you never really know someone until you get to know them,” Kol’sin quipped, “See you around Solo.”

As Dawn looked up, Kol’sin faded into the shadows once again.

TAG: @Trieste @Runjedirun @jedi Gunney

Sent from my datapad using Tapatalk

jcgoble3, Trieste and Runjedirun like this.
  25. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    GM Post

Will the playoff picture become clearer this week? Let's find out with bonus potential for Bakura, Carratos, Mando'ade, Nar Shaddaa, Ralltiir, and Rydonni Prime.

290 Week 8 Results
    Chandrila Patriots at Stewjon Metropolitans (13-25)
    Ralltiir Starkillers at Rydonni Prime Monarchs (8-6)
    Bakura Miners at Mando’ade Mercs (24-10)
    Coruscant Senators at Euceron Officers (16-14)
    Nar Shaddaa Smugglers at Carratos Pirates (12-3)

Vehn and jcgoble3 like this.