main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Elk Grove: The Plan

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthRidiculous, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    Howdy, all,

Ok, Apple remains noncommittal to any for-sure vote of financial sponsorship for this, so while they may come through at the last minute, we may be on our own for event planning.

First off, I am hopeful that the theater chose by Lucasfilm will be UA Laguna, not the Century Laguna (Century management balked at the last minute in 1999 for supporting the Arden way line). Either way, though, we will need some parking lot space.

The plan: two or three big screen televisions, audio system, VCR, and generators. I'll be bringing along the video, music, and iBook to run the show. The *evening prior* to the day tickets go on sale will be setup for an all night, shagalicious, Star Wars love-in in the parking lot of the theater -- all four Star Wars movies, music, Making-Of specials, Hardware Wars, all the gems I've been amassing for some time now. Hey, I got all the TV stations in town to show at Arden in '99 -- and that was just for a bunch of geeks standing around! It will be a day long remembered. :cool:

Problem is, without some level of corporate sponsorship, the cost of the equipment and arranging usage of the space will be on us. Already made a lot of progress on all fronts (lowered fees in exchange for promotional mentions, etc.), but if this is going to happen, may need up to a few hundred or so to make it all a go.

So, that's where y'all will come in. Betweenst those of us who are regulars in here, along with those we know, we should be able to cobble together what we need to make a line that rates with the best of them in the country. Any ideas/help to make the rest of this a go would be a major plus, and of course, I'll be in touch in here for the remainder of time up until showtime.

Am I psychotic? Of course. Deranged? Most definitely.

BUT WE LUV STAR WARS!! :cool:

So, sound off! The clock is ticking...

All my best,
    DarthRidiculous

2. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Great report! :D Please check back at least daily as things heat up.

Only 2 weeks to go, baby! :D

3. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Well, shucky-durn,

As there was zero organization from Lucasfilm regarding ticket sales, the plans for UA Laguna will be re-worked for the evening of May 15th instead. So, although there may not be enough time for all of the movies that afternoon/evening/night while we're in the line, there will still be enough time for lots of what was planned (along with other stuff, of course).

So how do we want to work this now? :cool:

Hanging in there,
    Darth "Once You've Had Black, You'll Never Go Back" Ridiculous

4. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah

Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Master star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Sounds good to me, oh stranger on the internet who holds my tickets to the midnight showing.

What's your question to us about the midnight showing?

5. Sac-Town-Knight

Sac-Town-Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2001
    I can bring my small Aiwa system which will push my two 10 inch JBLs. Someone else will have to bring the DVD player/DVD, generator, and TV.

6. Sac-Town-Knight

Dec 13, 2001
    BTW: The theater should still have tickets for the midnight showing. I picked up one today at noon. I would have picked up more for ya'll, but I'm strapped for cash. Damn, remodeling!

7. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    LOL, Auntie, you are set -- I still have 14 extra tickets in hand, only 4 of which are fer-sure spoken for. For those who didn't read the other posts, UA Laguna's midnight show is now sold out (I checked myself this afternoon).

(Which should be interpreted as:

"I visited the box office this afternoon and asked an attractive young female attendant, "Are there any more tickets available to the 12:01am showing of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones" on May 16th?", to which she replied, "No."

and not:

"I went into the bathroom this afternoon, dropped my drawers, and checked to see if Big Jim and the Twins were still hanging in there."

Just thought I should point that out.)

Anyway, the question is, how should we work this? Yes, I should have been more clear on the earlier post (Note to self: Slap self. <SLAP!-SLAP!>)

Assuming I can get there by 3-4pm or so to setup, that leaves (assuming 5 to start out the multimedia, and 11 or so to file into the theater) time for, say, 2-3 movies at best. So, which ones? Some from the classic trilogy? Episodes I and IV? Where do "Hardware Wars" or "The Making of a Saga" fit in? The orgy of love and debauchery? The music? The Sacramento Sheriff Dept.'s riot squad?

ARRGGHH!!

And what do we do about security for the equipment? I mean, I love all of you like my twelfth cousin (twice removed) and all, but at 12:01am, my ass will be firmly planted in a chair next to my wife while the opening credits of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones are rolling!!! Who's gonna watch all the cool, gnarly electronics and equipment while I'm satisfying my fix? Do we need to collectively hire a security guard?

ARRGGHH 2.0!!

AND WHO'S GONNA HELP ME PAY FOR SOME OF THIS STUFF??!?

ARGGHH 2.5.2!!!

(breathe, DR, breathe...)

Better now. Cool as a geek can be again, anyway. :cool:

Anyway, those types of questions. So, anyone? :D

Hugs and other inappropriate touching,
    Darth "99% Evil / 1% Hot Gas" Ridiculous

8. Sac-Town-Knight

Dec 13, 2001
    I guess you have all the equipment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.