main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Ello there!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by StormyT, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormyT

StormyT Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2007
    Hi.

I`m new to perth and a big star wars fan. I am currently in the process of purchasing
    stormtrooper armour. Still need a few items for it :(

Is there a regular gathering of like minded people who have costumes like myself and wear there costumes for events & good causes etc.. or just for a meet & greet (ie:drinks sans costumes) every now and then or to help each other out with needs & wants and point people in the right direction.

I had a friend who started the 501st (UK Garrison) in the UK and would like to try and carry his & there legacy over from the UK to WA.

May seem like much but you never know

looking forward hearing from you fine people.

Chris (AKA TK-474) think thats the troop number i may go for??? :D

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I tried joining the rebel legion a couple of times by sending in the required costume photos but every time I got turned down. I always tried to follow their guidelines but the rejection emails never gave any details about why my costume wasn't good enough. Gave up eventually.

3. StormyT

StormyT Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2007
    Thx for the reply soneil.

What is the SW/SC-FI scene like in WA

I have noticed you have regular meets.

Also do you have the website for the group you tried to apply for.

Cheers.

PS: You recommend any WA links/sites/people that could help me source a few extra items for my armour.

4. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Not as many meets in wa as there used to be. A few of the old regulars don't live in Perth anymore. I'm in Kalgoorlie now and we used to host a lot of meets round our place but occasionally we come down to perth and catch up.

5. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    G'day, and welcome to Perth, StormyT.

I'm one of the few regulars left that try and make something of this place. Think I might have to start a rebellion of some sort. I'm trying to get a meet together, but it's a slow and painful process with hardly anyone posting anymore, but Yoda should be in town next month! Yay!

6. StormyT

StormyT Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2007
    Awesome.

I read the post on this Yoda person. Will he get past immigration??

And which hotel will he be staying at? The Hyatt is good i hear.

Yeah a rebellion sounds good (just don't let vader know or he'll want a piece of the
    action also :p)

Been in Perth now for 1yr today exactly so woot!!! [face_peace]

Anybody here in these forums have a suit or armour or another SW costume of sorts?

Maybe we can get a 501st going if poss (need a 10 members min to apply)[face_praying]

Anyway good to hear from fellow fans.

Chris out

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    One year? Congrats, mate. =D=

I'm not into the whole costuming thing. I only dress up for work events, and one SW dress up was enough.

As for Yoda, he'll be staying with me. He can't wait for the traditional Aussie BBQ!

8. StormyT

StormyT Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2007
    So how do i get to meet this troublesome little fella?

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    As soon as I know Yoda will be arriving, I will hastily organise a meet. A road to Kalgoorlie may be still on, depending on the dates, but if I can't make it, Yoda will still be visiting Kal.

10. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, T. I don't post here nearly as much as I should, but I always watch this board nonetheless.

11. LBJ

LBJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2004
    Hey Stormy,

I don't post a lot on here either but do check in from time to time to have a read of what's going on. Only costume I have is from the fan film Knighthood which Saintheart can tell you all about. Or you could read the many many pages long thread on the project.

I've collected quite a few pieces of the master replicas star wars stuff, though I haven't bought any for a little while now, just found out master replicas won't be making any more star wars stuff as well. I think the last thing I got was the Han Episode V Blaster replica.

Having a storm trooper outfit would be pretty cool though.

12. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Hey StormyT

Like Soneil, I've made the move to Kalgoorlie and make it down to Perth every couple of months or so.

I've always been keen to get me a set of Stormie armour, but never really had the commitment to try and make one.

Did you make yours yourself ?

And welcome to the W.A. boards by the way !

:p

13. StormyT

StormyT Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2007
    Nah i bought mine from the following website

http://www.501stukgarrison.com/main.php (it`s 2nd hand) but i know it has been well looked after.

For armour needs etc check this out..... http://www.501tag.com/Home/

This i where i got my lid from and once my suit is ready i will be applying to join them.

They have a WA outfit. so there is a reason to get your Armour sorted. (the have divisions all over this big island)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.