main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Em Is For... Chapter 1 - A Kiss and a Wink (ANH-era, Black Sun, OC Em) Comments Highly Appreciated!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMindTrick000, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Title: Em Is For...
    Author: Your friendly neighborhood JMT
    Timeframe: Shortly after ANH
    Genre: The usual: action, angst, romance, murder and intrigue...
    Characters: OCs to start with, familiar faces to follow
    Summary: This is the story of Em, who if you've read my other OC stories, has a familiar family tree, but has quite a different life than her father. Never really written from a woman's perspective totally, so I'm just gonna post this and shield my eyes...

Chapter One - A Kiss and a Wink

It has always amazed me how easy it is to fool the human mind.

I personally had to fool myself a long time ago that I had a perfect childhood, a loving father, and the Mommy every little girl dreamed of having. After a while, I actually started believing that my father took me to the park every weekend, and Mommy played dolls with me everyday and tucked me in with a bedtime story every night.

Somehow I?ve been lucky enough to start forgetting how gut-wrenchingly horrible my childhood really was.

Throughout my entire life, not only have I had to fool myself, but I?ve had to fool all those around me as well. The only problem comes when you can?t discern what?s reality and what?s a product of your own twisted imagination. When you really have to think as to whether a memory is real or self-induced, you know you?ve accomplished something ? what, I don?t exactly know.

Remarkably, in school I was able to convince all the boys that I was the perfect catch, as if their lives would never be complete unless they took me out at least once. They all spoiled me with the most lavish gifts, as if the goddesses themselves would curse their lives forever if they ever thought not to.

Little did they know when they dropped that ?dream girl? off at night, she would cry on her pillow until the sun rose once again, cursing her very existence. But as long as you leave them with a kiss and a wink, they think they?ve captured their own little piece of heaven. After all, that?s all that really matters in the end, right?

Eventually one of those boys was brave enough to ask for a second date, and how could I not reward such bravery, such chivalry? I had to give it to him, he was a real trooper. He could even survive my mood swings, which is no small feat, considering that when most women have them, they don?t actually swing with a sharp object in their hand.

What can I say? My father taught me well.

After putting up with my antics for nearly two years, Lucien was such a glutton for punishment, he was silly enough to ask for my hand in marriage. I was never madly in love with the man, but one thing was for sure. If there was one man in the universe, just one, who, knowing all my faults and shortcomings, could still love me unconditionally with his all his heart, it had to be nothing short of a miracle.

It was the easiest decision I ever made.

Again, I convinced myself that I was not lying to my husband day in and day out. I was merely shielding him from the awful truth that would undoubtedly crush his world, and end any chance we had at a lasting relationship.

I wouldn?t say he was gullible, but as long as I left Lucien with a kiss and a wink every morning, he was as happy as a jawa in a junkyard knowing his beloved wife, interior decorator extraordinaire, would be home at 5 every night, ready to make some delicious dinner for her man.

I do love to cook, that?s no lie, but I?ll leave hanging drapes and painting walls to someone else.

What really kills me is when people fool themselves into believing they can?t die at the hands of a beautiful blonde with a gorgeous smile and a body, well, to die for?

?Are you crazy, man? Do you know who that guy was??

?Oh, shut up, I know who he was.?

?He was frickin? vigo, man! Great, now we?re both dead.?

?Stop being so dramatic. This is Coruscant, man. You know how easy to disappear around here??

?So, that?s the plan then? We?re just gonna hide??

?Yeah, we?re gonna hide!?

?Wait. Be qui

2. Eirate_rules

Eirate_rules Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    ?Oh you, know, just the same paint and drapes I see everyday, baby,? and with a kiss and a wink, it was time for this domestic to make some dinner for her man.

MUST HAVE MORE MUST HAVE MORE MUST HAVE MORE MUST HAVE MORE!!!!!!!!!!

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    happy as a jawa in a junkyard
    I love that!

Nice start. A femme fatale, quite literally as she seems to be assassin.
    I'm anxious to see where this goes.

Bravo!

4. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    Thank you both for your comments! I gotta let all of Sal's fans know that he has a kid... =)

5. JediMindTrick000

Dec 14, 2004
    *waves fingers* this is the OC you're looking for =)

6. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    I wouldn?t say he was gullible, but as long as I left Lucien with a kiss and a wink every morning, he was as happy as a jawa in a junkyard knowing his beloved wife, interior decorator extraordinaire, would be home at 5 every night, ready to make some delicious dinner for her man.

[face_batting] Wouldn't hurt a flea!

?Maybe we don?t hafta hide after all.?

?You?re right, gentlemen. You don?t know have to hide, because when you cross Black Sun, you?re as good as dead anyway. Good day.?

B' bye! :D

Very interesting start, JMT!

Thanks for the PM about it! :)

7. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    She does seem to take after her father... :D

I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Great job JMT! [:D]

Ani-maniac

8. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hee! Oh, this looks promising!

Can't wait to read more! =D=

9. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Great start! :D Who in the world was her mother?!

10. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    I finally got a chance to read this and was not disappointed in the least! I eagerly look forward to more!

11. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    INTerestint POV Pm me whe u post more

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.