main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Email from peter

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by QCJediLance, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    I recieved a email from Peter Mayhew on friday the 23rd.

2. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    what did he have to say?

3. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hello Lance,
    I wanted you to know that your plaque sits proudly over my lanyard and credential collection case right under my front stairwell. We can see it while we are watching TV and it has become a fixture now in the house. The first morning after I got back, I took it out of the case and put it by the fireplace in the kitchen. When the girls came down for breakfast it frightened them and then I was awakened by their laughter, they really liked it and think it is just wonderful. I like it too, he's my little alter ego buddy and we've had great fun showing him off...he's fast slid to the top of my "favorite pieces".....and one of the first that I show off. Thank you so much for going to the creative trouble of making and putting him together with his colored lettering.....he's just way cool. Keep in touch, Cheers, Peter

4. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Wow Lance. That's pretty much the biggest compliment a guy can recieve. I'm glad he liked it, I thought it was pretty cool too. Maybe one day when MTV gets bored of the same old rapper pads that all look like clones of each other they'll do a "Cribs" about Pete's place and tadow, there it will be.
    Oh yeah, btw how'd the claws turn out?

5. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    I have a great photo (among several) from the con, an up-clos-and-personal one with Mr. Mayhew showing off the plaque, taken just before he left. If I can, I will try to scan it and send it to Chris or Steve. I agree with Mr. Mayhew that it is a great artwork. Quastion--when is the next meeting?? I would like to attend if its ok. Please let me know. Till later--Tee Cee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.