main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Embracing Destiny (Vader Viggy)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by soxtalon, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxtalon

soxtalon Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Title: Embracing Destiny
    Author: Soxtalon
    Timeframe: Post EP III (roughly a month or two)
    Characters - Darth Vader (mainly)
    Summary - Darth Vader deals with Episode III happenings

Breath. Breath.

?You are correct, Commander Halvin, you won?t fail me again,? Darth Vader told the still twitching body of an Imperial commander laying at his feet. ?Captain Tagge??

A young man stepped to the forefront quickly. ?Yes, Lord Vader??

?Was Halvin able to track the next section of the pipeline down, despite his blunders?? Vader asked.

?Yes sir,? Tagge nodded. ?The next section of the traitor?s pipeline leads to Naboo sir.?

Vader paused where only his slow mechanical breathing could be heard. The usual noisy beeps and whirs heard on the Star Destroyer bridge seemed almost non-existant. Tagge began to nervously fidget almost imperceptibly.

?Sir?? he dared voice, hoping it wouldn?t be his last words.

Vader took another moment. ?Set your course for Naboo Captain Tagge. I will be in my quarters. Notify me when we arrive. I leave you the bridge Commander Tagge. Don?t disappoint me.? Vader turned and walked briskly out of the bridge heading towards his quarters.

Tagge followed his back for a moment, before notifying the guards to remove Commander Halvin?s body and turning to the piloting station.

?You heard Lord Vader, set a course for the quickest route to Naboo.?

Breath. Breath.

Breath. Breath. Darth Vader walked with slightly more urgency than usual.

Naboo. The thought worked over and around in his mind. It was the first spark of emotion besides anger that he had felt since?no. Better to forget. It was rage he needed. Anger. It fueled him. It drove him. Revenge. The universe drove him to this. It deserves no less than domination. It would no longer control him. He would control it. Just like the Force. When he was a Jedi, he was taught to let the Force flow through him. Let the Force guide you. Let the Force control you was more like it. As a Sith, he controlled the Force.

And why not? I am the Chosen One, am I not? Vader thought bitterly.

Entering his quarters, he hailed the Emperor. Kneeling before the holo pad he looked up at the face nearly as deformed as his own.

?What is it Lord Vader?? the low grumbling voice asked.

?I continue to track the traitors. They will not get far my Master. When we reach our destination, I shall destroy them,? Vader answered.

?Where is your destination my apprentice??

Vader hesitated slightly before replying.

?Naboo, my Master.?

?Is it now?? Palpatine answered. Vader couldn?t be sure but he thought for an instant he detected the beginnings of a grin on Palpatine?s face. But then it was gone.
    ?Are your feelings clear, Lord Vader??

?Yes my master,? Vader answered immediately. ?The traitors will meet their destiny.?

?Very well, Lord Vader. Finish it quickly. I have pressing matters I need you to attend to,? Palpatine finished and disappeared.

Vader rose and looked out his view-port at the beauty of hyperspace. The void of nothingness zooming by at light speed was something he found solace in. He could identify with this. Vader found himself caressing his newly constructed lightsaber. Taking it in his hand, he ignited it and watched the red beam flash to life. Red. Like his master?s. Like every Sith he had seen. Then again everything was red through these eyes. It almost made him wonder just slightly if it really was the blue blade of old or just a trick of the machine?s eyes.

He turned off his saber and kneeled on the mat. Everything had happened so fast. His mind drifted to his childhood with his mother and Watto on Tatooine. How did it all happen? He couldn?t think clearly on the subject.

Maybe if I go back to Tatooine. To her final resting place on the Lars? farm Maybe I can..What? Maybe I can what? I broke my promise to my mother. I promised her I?d never fail again. I let her die just like I let?

Breath. Breath.

Breath. Breath.

BEEP. ?Lord Vader. We are arriving at Naboo, s

2. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek:

oh no. that's just horrible.

you took us through quite a rollarcoaster there! i thought perhaps Padme would come alive - somehow...and i had no idea he would kill Sola!

wonderful vig. very unique, i enjoyed it a lot.

3. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Wow.
    That was really powerful.
    I like the little details you included.

Such as Vader's musings over the red of his lightsaber
    Then again everything was red through these eyes. It almost made him wonder just slightly if it really was the blue blade of old or just a trick of the machine?s eyes.

And Padme's preserved body--made me think of Eva Peron.

This was really cool:

After a lifetime, yet no longer than a moment, Anakin stood up slowly, finding it harder and harder to breathe through his destroyed lungs. The Force could only sustain him for so long. He reached for his mask. Placing it on his head and securing it, he reached for the backing. Locking it into place and sealing it once again, he took one more glance at Padme.

Looking at her hands, he noticed for the first time what she clutched. The japor snippet he had made all those years ago.

Another promise failed. It didn?t bring you good fortune after all.

:eek: Egads, talk about an ending!

=D= Nice work!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh no! How sad and doubly tragic to come that close to the light again and to turn away. :( :(

Wonderfully written soxtalon .

5. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful. Of course, I LOVED it! There's nothing better than a good Vader angst story! I'm totally addicted to them!

And this one was especially lovely.

The ending especially blew my mind! I had to go back and reread it - it was THAT impactful!!

Great work, soxtalon! =D= =D=

6. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks everyone :)

I really went with the Frankenstein feel for the middle section. I'm glad you all liked it, I had a blast writing it. I have a few other vignettes I'll have to post at some point.

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW - for a moment ther I thought Sola had gotten through to Anakin.

Wonderful job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks Kelia. When I was writing it, I thought she had too ;)

9. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Wow! :eek: So intense and powerful! Wonderful, wonderful work! =D=

Anakin turned slowly and walked out of his final resting place.

I loved the symbolism of this line. Not only was he leaving his memorium behind, he was leaving "Anakin" behind. In that moment, he convinced himself he had failed Padme and so his reason for being - to protect and love her - disappeared. So "Anakin" disappeared, and Padme's tomb became his final resting place. There with his love... :_|

And the end! Oh my goodness! It gave me chills! :D

=D=

10. soxtalon

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm glad to see people catch that :cool: There was one more moment in the story that symbolizes that, but it's subtle :D

Thanks for the comments! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.