main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Emerald City ComiCon

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AramysStrael, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    This is coming up next month. It is the weekend of March 13-14. It will be at the Washington State Convention Center, in downtown Seattle, Washington.

This is usually a pretty big deal, thousands of people attend every year and they usually have a lot of decent guests. Last year Mr Darth Maul, Ray Park was there, as were three cast members from Battlestar Galactica (the newer series).

This would be an awesome hang out event for the OFF. I will be going, somehow, someway. I will be costuming in my Mando, as there are always a lot of costumers there, as well. Who knows, we might even run into som FF members up in that area. Of course, I am only going up for the day on that Saturday. I will have to trade it off with a co-worker, since I work weekends.

If anyone would like to go, let me know. We could carpool. I am thinking that I will have to rent a car if I want to go. If others want to tag along, and carpool / share the cost of gas and car rental, I would more than happy to caravan up there! Or if someone wants to make the drive up and wouldn't mind having me tag along with my gear, I would help out with the gas, too.

Here is the website for the con: http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/

- Bill

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd like to go, but logistically it wouldn't work out with my schedule.

3. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, like I said, I am only going up for the day. So if anyone wants to tag along, I could use the company on the drive up and back down. As I previously stated, I am going to rent a car for the day. It would be a lot easier to manage if I had someone helping split the costs.

If anyone is interested let me know, ASAP!

- Bill

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Renting a car is out. I found out the hard way that they won't rent to those who have bad credit. But I think I may be going up with a guy who is almost an official member of the Mercs. Of course, this is all depending on whether he can afford to go. The nice thing is that my buddy, Tim, is able to go. So, it should be an interesting experience!

Did I mention that Leonard Nimoy, Erin Grey and Stan Lee (Saturday only) are among the media guests? That, right there, is worth the price of admission! It would be worth it just to be able to meet those three.

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.