main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Emergency Meeting for Theatre Opening!!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    I will have a group coming with me, but I'm open to grabbing something to eat before hand depending on the time.

2. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Well, if you are part of the group and participate you will get in early and can plant someone to hold seats for all of us. Not a problem.
    Now this is an official chapter event..so please give us some help here guys!!! You can get a shirt and we will put the transfers on next Sat. if you do not have a costume. Also you will need a badge that we have made to get in.
    3 of us have donated several items from our private collections and also spent a lot ot money on items to give away.
    we will be going to each screening room and doing trivia questions and passing out candy lightsaber pops to kids and we mingle with fans inside the theater. As far as more details these will be discussed at the meeting on Sat.
    I believe we are meeting about 9pm and will go from there according to what the theater manager wants and we agree on.

3. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I can donate a prize or 2 also. Onward

4. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Thank you Jace, you can either ring it Sat. if you come or just drop it by here. Are you going to help with the event and pumping up the crowds with us?

5. TalusSarn

TalusSarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2005
    Ravenjack - so what time are you planning to arrive? If you are going to be doing the fan club thing, are you going to have someone waiting in line for you?

Sereana_Nightstar - you said that those in costume or tshirt with badge, will be inside doing the "event", which is I assume a trivia costume. Can you explain a little how that will work? Will all the movie goers be waiting inline inside? And you'll be asking them trivia while they are in line? What time will this start?

Anyone know what time we need to be inline by? I want to get over and get some dinner in time to be in line.

Brian

6. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Sure Marie, I'll try and be of help to you guys, assuming i get back from the Green iguana early enough to help.

Onward!

7. Hopkins9482

Hopkins9482 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Due to my recent unlack of funds (aka I have money) I might be able to get some toys to donate as well or something since personally I'll admit I'm not much of a collector cept for few things. I'll see what I can do and will have them by that night if anything. I'm thinking a couple toys of something, I don't know...any limits to this?

8. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Brian- I am going to do the fan club thing, I might be going to get something to eat before hand or to the Green Iguana for a little bit. I assume that we are to be there before 9pm. When I saw AOTC at Veterans I got there between 8-9pm and after a short while in line we were let into the theater to get seats. I will have a few people coming so either my friends will save seats or hopefully those of us doing the preshow will have a row saved.

9. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    PM Ross, aka Luke Ceremonial...he is the MC and is getting the info. from the theater manager. We do have to go by what the manger tells us. The shirt and badge GIVES the position to be inside the theater, we are setting up in one of the screening rooms and then going to the others. We should be able to reserve our seats before other patrons are let in. More info. to come.

10. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    hey guys, sorry i havent been on lately, i am free to meet up saturday, jsut let me know when and where, i'd like to get a t-shirt, and i'd love to help out. my girl friend and i can up at the theatre around 9:30 -10:00 that wed night. she will have the white amidala spandex suit, i would like to get a jedi suit, but i do not think there is enought time. let me know, thanks
    pm me the directions for saturdays meeting.

11. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Will do when I am off Thurs. or maybe Wed. night.
    Thanks so much

12. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    email me at mrankin2@msn.com and I will send you the map to my apt.
    Thanks

13. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Anyone that is coming tomorrow...please bring any prize donatiosn at this time. It looks like we now may have 8-9 screening rooms to do the trivia contest in...we do not have enough prizes to give away. We only have about 30 or so.... So if you have extra figures that you want to give away please bring these with you. Ross, Denise & I are broke from all that we bought...Anything is welcome!!

Do not forget to bring your t-shirt that you want the transfer put on.

Thanks,
    Marie

14. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    The information about the Wed night program will all be revealed tonight at the meeting. Other info will be posted later, but this is the time to be there to find out all that is to be revealed. There are some really interesting and wonderful things shaping up for this event and we need full involvement and availablity to help this event go off without a hitch. The size of this event has grown exponentially and it is a tremendous opportunity to do something fun and grow our chapter at the same time. Come on down all you couch potatoesand otherwise yet to join the fleet/rebellion and get involved. It is amazing what a few determined Jedi, SIth and aliens can do when they set their minds and backs to it.

15. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Allysium and I will be there today for sure. I will be donating a toy for the trivia contest. I think I finally have a costume I want to wear, I have the jedi robe, and most of the components, just working on a tunic now.

16. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Hey all, new here. Me and my friends are going to Veterans for the midnight showing, so guess we will see you guys there...:) Just wondering, what time would you suggest coming? We were going to get there around 11 or so - think we need to come earlier?

17. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    yes, there could be a long line for 4-8 screening rooms. But, we will be wearing badges and t-shirts. Tjhose in costume should have badges with Tampa Docking Bay 1138 on them. So look for us. Are you going in costume?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.