main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark EMERGENCY Transmission: Immediate Response

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nyborg13, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Details not finalized at this time. Target is supposed to have an exclusive Vader figure available on April 2, first come, first served. They will supposedly be issuing a claim check ticket that morning before the store opens, they estimate people lining up as early as 6am. I propose as many of us as possible, in costume, be there between 5:30 & 6:00.
    My plan is to talk to the Manager of the McCain Target for details, and also contact the radio,TV, and Newspaper if there is enough of us interested in doing this. It would be great publicity for our FanForce, and maybe get some new members.

2. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    I need two things from all of you by 6pm Sunday, March 27, 2005.
    1. We need to vote on the name of the club. If you do not like the current one in use, (Arkansith Galactic Renegades) then give me some other ideas.
    2. Who is willing to show up at Target on April 2nd;
    will you be in costume, and what time will you be there.
    Please post any and all comments, questions, or concerns ASAP.

3. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Ok this was my idea so I guess I better be there huh. I so want me one of those Vader figures. I will be there between 5:30 & 6:00am in full Stormtrooper Armor. I figure if we can get a few of us to show up like frantic little Star Wars geeks the local media may just eat it up, and get severe needed attention. Oh and I vote for title in use.

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I vote for the current title/name in place. It works for me.

I will not be able to attend the toy meet. I'd love to but unfortunately, I am a lazy bum in the mornings. I just won't be able to pull off an early run like I used to. You guys have fun!

As for media attention, I would call the local radio like 98.5 or some of the other real popular ones. Let them know what is going on and ask for their presence. See what happens. ;)

5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wal-Marts are (400 of them) are doing a major SW thing as well. Toys go on sell April 2 12:01 am in the morn ;)

I could prob be there at Target in the McCain Blvd area (that's by the new Barnes and Noble right?) and be in costume no problem ;) though 5am is suuuuure awful early! But I'll try to be there around 6. But PLEASE if you change your mind and can't do it let me know pretty quick ;) so I can sleep in some cuz I was actually gonna hit Wal-Mart in Jax at midnight.

I vote for keeping the current title as well.

6. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I vote for ArkanSith Galactic Renegades. I won't make it to McCain mall on the 2nd.

7. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    Five thirty in the morning I am a scary scary man who eats live squirrels. I probably wont be able tomake it either.

But the name is badass. We shall keep it! So it is written so it is done, doth sayeth the lord forever and ever amen.

8. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hi Guys I'm Back. I say keep the name. It definitely is unique . Just like us!! I plan on being at Target but my costume's not yet complete.. The bits left are on the way though. I might be able to swing it. I'll see ya there Nyborg. Which Target by the way is having the event? Heads up to Kynstar and Sithsarebad!

Later!!!!!

9. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    All Targets are having the sale.
    This also just in but I dont have any info on this: There are for sure 4 Wal*Marts that day having a tent event is what there calling it. They are the old Conway store, the Bowman store, the new Bryant store and the new McCain store. Like I said I have no info but this.

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Well its after 6:00 and not enough response so I wont be trying to contact the local media about us being there. I will still be there but I will probably wait till around 6:00 am to go unless we hit one of the Wal*Mart at 12:00. We still have a thing to do in NLR starting around 8:00 am. Well no sleep for the hunter.

11. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Our Wal-Mart in Jax is doing it. 1201 Sat morn :D

ForceConduit! [:D] hey welcome back! :D Hope the vacation went well! Cool that you'll be able to make it to the Target. It's in the area where the new Barnes and Nobles is (where the old Carmike theater was NLR by McCain Mall and Lakewood Theater - down the road from it) I'll be there at 6am but I don't think my kid will [face_laugh] he's a hellion to get up juz for school!

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    This still on for in the morning?? I need to know so I can get up early enough ;) I'd be getting there around 540ish.

Let me know if this is still on. :D

13. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes, unless I am mobed or held captive by Rebel forces. Our schedule is as follows 11:30-11:45 arrive ToysRUs, 1:00-1:30 nearby Wal*Mart, 2:30-3:00 Target parking lot for rest 6:00 AM front doors Target. All this done in full dress armor. See ya there

Oh almost forgot day no tdone Mother-in-Law company picnic starting at 8:00 till 2:00 may get redressed and hit a Wal*Mart or two before home.

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Wowzers yousa gonna be beat! Well I'll be there for the 6am bit at Toys R Us. If I'm still awake I'll be at Wal-Mart at midnight (you mentioned Wal-Mart which one you're talking about the one here in Jax?)

15. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    You ment Target at 6:00 right. Wal*Mart over at the end of 630 its just down from the ToysRUs that will be opening at Midnight tonight. Well happy hunting everyone and hopefully see ya real soon so we can share our hunting stories.
    Oh I was goofing off and made a t-shirt it will be worn tonight and in the morning for any of you to see that we run into.

16. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Well tonight myself and another Conway ArkFFer went to the Wal-Mart at around 11:30, where we perused the aisles while waiting for the toys. We picked up some cheez-its because they were the first III item that we spotted, but I put them back to wait until tomorrow. We met up with some other fans as they stocked the shelves, and then the collecting began. I managed to get figures 1-32 (with a little help from my parental unit in Dallas), as well as four of the semi-deluxe figures. I kept away from most of the other merchandise as I feared running out of money, but I will return tomorrow for the tent. The highlight of the night (2 actually) involved the Aayla Secura action figure. As they went on the shelves, only one Secura figure appeared, and I happily nabbed it, and was pleased to find out that not only was it a Secura figure... it was mispackaged! The casing is that of a royal guard, but Secura was inside! Perhaps not a big deal to most people, but I love mispackages, typos and other errors... however, I also felt the need to wait around for a regular packaged Secura... which did not show... so we waited... and waited... and then the kind lady went to fetch us one more box... low and behold, the very first figure I spot out of the box... Secura! Well thats all for now, I'm wiped... talk to y'all tomorrow.

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Nyborg was that you in the stormtrooper armor at the toysrus on chenal? also anyone else dissapointed with toysrus?

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes that was Nyborg on Chenal ;)
    He mentioned that Toys R Us was a flop :( Sad how sad... Target wasn't much better. They didn't open until 8am even though other Targerts were supposedly opening at 7. We had fun at Wal-Mart (NLR off McCain) at their tent sale :D That was sweeeeeeeet! [face_dancing] Got me a lil nifty Dooku Attacktix figure :D

I had fun even though it was slightly cold at first ;) but awesome later! The book is out!! Yippee... I'm soooo gonna cry w/in the first 20 mins of the movie... :_|

19. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Target was alright, at least they had the basic Obi-wan, Anakin, Padme, Chewie, Vader, Grevious Guard, R2-D2, C-3PO. But this was the one on Chenal I dunno which Target you were at. And it was nice to get the Target exclusive Vader

20. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Mid-day today Walmart on Bowman still had the early bird special

21. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Forget what I said about Wal-Mart, I went to the one on Bowman talked with some people and they said the shipment of Early Bird Specials never came in. Can anyone else back that up, that they did NOT get early birds

22. Die_Jedi_Dogs

Die_Jedi_Dogs Jedi Master star 3

Jun 17, 2002
    No clue man. :( Been stuck slaving away for the man all day.

One of these days I'm gonna stick it to him. I do hope to pick up on some of those new figures however.

23. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i didnt do any shopping in costume. i had a migraine all weekend thru monday. i certainly felt like a sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.