main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA EMINEM???? .... as BATMAN????

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    No, S_J, you didn't. :D ;P

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
  3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Actually, I couldn't help seeing him as Mr Mom. :p Never seemed quite right for me anyway. I'm not sure if any of them did, but I don't think he was any more fitting than the others. I think Kilmer made a great Bruce Wayne. I think Clooney made a great batman, and I think Keaton was good but not great at both.

4. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    On the other hand, their choice in villains seems to oscillate between the inspired and the terminally crappy. I mean, Jack Nicholson as the Joker...or Danny deVito as The Penguin...versus Ah-nold as Mr Freeze?

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Dont rap on the JACK!

(lol)

I thought he made a good joker ;)

6. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Oh, so did I...he and Danny DeVito were the *good* examples!

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Ahh.. i c..

What about the riddler?
    ppl either like or dislike Jim Carey as the riddler...

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I think Jim Carrey as the Riddler was a good choice SJ but then again I find Jim Carrey hilarious.

9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I thought he was actually really good in the role...it was really the overt attempts by the producers to turn Batman Forever into a cartoon that blew the movie for me. His character, personality, and delivery were all pretty much spot on for what I imagined the Riddler to be.

Of course, Mark Hamill as The Trickster in The Flash makes for an interesting comparison... :D

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Omg, is eminem like the greatest sucess story ever? I read in PCPP tonight that he looks ready for a lead role in Deus Ex, the movie.. [face_plain]
    (A moofie on that game? Hell I lost track of the storyline halfway through the it. Wonder if they might simplify it a little..)

11. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I can't believe that they are going to do a movie about that game let alone have that moron in it *shakes head*

12. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Just a question for the people out there bagging Eminem.......

What is your problem with him? I have heard a heap of people bagging the guy, yet not one of you has justified your response.

I mean maybe you dont like his music, however that isn't a reason to call him a moron. Maybe you don't like his messages, but Jesus people lighten up, he is an entertainer, not a philosopher.

Just think about what you say before you say it.

DS

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    True.. I like the music.. doesnt mean I agree to what hes singing about..

14. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    He's certainly effective at splitting people into the "Love him/Hate him" categories, and his ability to make money off those who love him cos their parents hate him is pretty effective marketing. If you actually listen to the lyrics of "Without me" he's taking the mickey out of the whole situation!!

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The problem I have with Eminem is that he is offensive and he sends out the wrong messages to people. He brainwashes people with his lyrics and is just a bad image for society and people copy him. I think he should just go back to where he came from. No-one cares about his 'life'. He is just an attention seeker and is no way an entertainer.

16. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Like a lot of artists, I liked him a lot better before he got big. I don't mean as a person because I doubt that's changed but I liked his earlier songs a lot better. Lose yourself is about the only recent one that I didn't get sick of after 2 or 3 listenings and I actually like the style of that one. He's a great marketer though, or should I say Dr Dre's a great marketer since he's always been the real brains and talent behind Eminem, Snoop Doggy Dog and a host of others.

17. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    Jedi Daniel: If they are the only arguements you have against the guy, you really should deal with it.

About 50% of entertainers out there use offensive lyrics. If you can't handle that don't listen to them.

Secondly: "Brainwashes", a very interesting term for you to use, I have hear a lot of Eminem's music and for some unknown reason I am not picking up the same hidden messages as you, telling me to mess up society. Which version have you heard?

No-one cares about his 'life'

Actually, apparently a lot of people care about his life, otherwise the movie 8 Mile would be nowhere near as popular as it is.

Personally I find the guy hillariously funny, I mean I don't like rap music, but his lyrics are classic.

If you don't like his music JD don't listen to it, just don't bother with poorly thought out replys, it is pointless.

DS

18. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    eminem

SOME of his music (imoo) is ok....but i just dont like him as a person.

His lyrics are rude, offensive, inappropriate and provokative. He has an ego that is almost as bad as robbie willaims (imoo) and well duh. Of course he did a great performance in 8 Mile. how can you not do a great performance of yourself??

but another thing that bugs me, is that when artists try and have their hand at EVERYTHING. with some people, this doesnt bother, but with others, it does. especially when they are bad at it.

just imoo

Darth Soup, dont attack me plz

19. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    How could I attack a cute little monkey like you :) Spanking the monkey isn't right :p

The only problem I have is when people try to create reasons to "hate" a singer, just because they don't like his or her music.

One clarifying point though...... I never said he did a great performance in 8 Mile..... I havent even seen it. I was just pointing out the fact that if no-one "cares about his 'life'", then how come it topped the box office for weeks after its release all over the world.

I definitely agree with the whole cross genre transitions that musicians/actors/models do...... I have seen some hell stinkers due to this.

DS

20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    If you can't handle that don't listen to them

It's abit hard when his face and everything about him is splashed everywhere. Eminem this an Eminem that! It's crazy. People are very sad. You can't go anywhere without hearing about him. I just don't like him and that's all I have to say about that.

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Honestly, we watch an awful lot of TV, listen to an awful lot of radio (2 different stations) and Soup and myself very rarely see/hear any Eminem mentioned. Maybe once a day, tops, but that's about it.

" I just don't like him and that's all I have to say about that."

That's a very big cop-out... And if you don't like him, don't bring him up. But if you are going to post something that you know may get you into an arguement (lets face it, everything anyone posts on here is likely to get you into an arguement with someone else) be prepared to back up what you say with something more original and intelligent than "I don't like him". I mean, really!

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    That's a very big cop-out... And if you don't like him, don't bring him up. But if you are going to post something that you know may get you into an arguement (lets face it, everything anyone posts on here is likely to get you into an arguement with someone else) be prepared to back up what you say with something more original and intelligent than "I don't like him". I mean, really!

I don't have to like everyone and If I don't like someone because I find them offensive or whatever, then I don't like them and that's that. I do have a right to say that you know. I am entitled to my opinion.

23. Darth_Soup

Oct 15, 2001
    You are entitled to your opinion, that is true, but if your reasons are things like he is brainwashing people, sounds to me like you are making up crap to try to influence others.......

If you don't like him, don't listen to him, just stop going on about it.

24. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    i dont listen to him

except when at my friends house (they like him)

but NOVA (the radio station), almost every time i listen to it, it is playing Eminem!

its probably just badluck, but i rarely ever listen to the radio anyway.

too busy listening to the Labyrinth soundtrack and Dangerous :D

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Teach in high school for a bit and you'll get sick of Eminem real quick. The kiddies all love him. I guess it makes them feel all grown up when they listen to music with rude words in it. :p
    Can't talk myself though. At that age, I thought 2 Live Crew were wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.