main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA EMINEM???? .... as BATMAN????

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Saintheart, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I have to agree with alot of what Darth Soup has mentioned in his post here.

Eminem for what he is or isnt has captured the rational, minds and hearts of a lot of ppl. I applaud him for saying the things that most of think and talk about in our lounge rooms and crib rooms at work.

I dont agree with some of the stuff he says but hey, I have the power to turn the radio off if I want to. Ultimately though there's more wisdom in listening to what he says, even taking an interest in the person and find out why he or she says what they do.

What turned the tide for me is listening to the music and listening to him out of his persona. In a latenight MTV special that aired not too long ago, he said some pretty intelligent stuff, minus the swearing my attitude towards him changed.

The finality of it all is summed up by a statement I heard about actors. If they make you hate them onscreen, regardless of who they are offscreen, theyve done their job, and done it well.

Eminem does that, and if you hate him, hes done his job.

Jace

2. MisFitToy

MisFitToy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 5, 2003
    Well, rest easy BatFans! i've had it confirmed by a very knowledgeable BatSource that the director currently attatched to the upcoming Batman film (name escapes me atm, but he directed Memento, among other things) wants to restart the whole franchise and kick off with a batman aged about 25 and cast a complete unknown in the role of batman/bruce wayne.

I can't post a link as this was told to me verbally, but there you have it, and i'll try and find a link when i can be bothered looking.

But the good news for now, NO EMI-STUPID NEM! :D

so it looks like schumacher's batman & robin film retains title of worst. batman. ever. :p

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Thank goodness. It will be great to get the Batman franchise out of the ditch.

4. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Now if they'd only get James Cameron in to fix up Superman. :D

EDIT: ... after all, he made his career fixing up Ridley Scott's mistakes :D :D :D

5. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    The only time Cameron followed Scott was with the first two Alien films, wasn't it?

Anyway, i have to say M&M as Batman struck me as odd from the start, Batman beats up criminals, would anyone appear onscreen alienating their core demographic like that? :p

6. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I think that's right; the rumour goes when they asked James Cameron why he didn't either remake "Blade Runner" or make "Blade Runner 2" he's reputed to have replied "I don't want to spend the rest of my career going around fixing up Ridley Scott's mistakes." ;)

7. MisFitToy

Jan 5, 2003
    Pretty arrogant if you ask me, and also very dependent on a matter of taste and perspective, Ridley Scott can direct the pants off of Cameron imo.

Alien & Aliens are two very different films anyway, in fact all of the Alien films are, the first one is suspense/horror, the second action, the third attempts to be philosophical and the final one is an action film with a very "set in a haunted house" type setup.

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    *shrug* This is true. Although I guess I'm biased towards "Aliens" because I saw it before I saw "Alien"...if for no other immature reason than it's hard to be enthusiastic about one Alien when Ripley, Hicks et. al. have been blowing the crap out of a hundred of them...

Having said that the original does have a lot of style to it.

3 as philosophical...hmm...never thought of it that way..I actually thought it was simply a lot closer in tone to the original. Also has the debatable merit of killing Michael Biehn and Carrie Henn off-camera, which must've been a major downer for all the Hicks fans... :D

9. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    uh, hey.

eminem and batman, in the one thread? I couldn't help but put in my 2 cents worth.

Eminem: I guess I like him. I first, I didn't, mostly on the principle of not liking any sort of gangsta rap, but after the release of his latest album, it's quite obvious that he's really a pretty funny guy, likes to stir things up a lot, and is a big batman fan. Not only does he run around as "Rap Boy" in the "Without Me" video clip, but check out the many many Batman reference in "Business". So, yeah, I like him. I think he's a pretty funny guy, and there are one or two songs that I might like too.

Eminem as Batman/Robin: I'd pay to see that. But I would prefer that it wasn't a "serious" addition to the Batman Saga. If Manson was involved (as The Scarecrow), then I'd have to say, heck yeah, where do I sign up?! Maybe have Eminem as Robin and Dre as The Dark Knight.
    Eminem as a serious contender for Batman? No. But that's already been settled anyway.

However, I'm now thinking about having a whole Marvel vs. DC movie with various musicians and musical artists playing the main characters. We could have:

Eminem as Robin
    Dr Dre as Batman
    Marilyn Manson as Scarecrow
    Dave Grohl as Wolverine??
    The lead singer for Rammstien (who's name I don't know) as Colossus??
    Britney Spears as Jubilee? (Ok, maybe a little too specific for non comic fans)

I'm sure there are lots more.

10. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Dave Grohl as Wolverine?! AHAHAHAHAHA (speaking of Dave Grohl, does anyone know what ever happened to Kris(t) Novaselic?)

Rammstein as Colossus? I don't know the character, I'm a fan, but have only just started to be one *glances at Soup*

But Britney Spears? As anything? I haven't seen her acting, so I'm not going to judge her on that. I don't like her songs, but I am sure there are people out there that do... But I am inlove with whoever designs half her clothes! I just can't remember where I saw her wearing whatever it was that she was wearing... (how's that for vague?!)

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    It's now official, Christian Bale will play Batman in the next installment in the franchise.

Christian Bale is Batman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.