main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Eminem: Love him or Hate him?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by citizen-tom, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Eminem: Love him or Hate him?

2. Darth_Tyrannous

Darth_Tyrannous Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Love him, he's clever with his rhymes. Though I must say his rage act can get tiresome and, D12 have no talent besides him.

Darth_Tyrannous The canadian signature and Sacramento Kings signature, still the #1 team in my mind

3. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey, in my opinion, I like him. Especially that new song, "Without Me"...I love that song..hehe :)

4. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    hate him. he is an annoying, attention seeking punk. (IMHO)

5. Darth_name

Darth_name Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2000
    love him, i like the humor in his songs.
    "I know that you gotta job Miz Chaney, but ya huzband's heart problem's complicating"
    [face_laugh]

6. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    I wouldn't say I hate eminem, but I'm definitely not one of his biggest fans. He's too vulgar for my tastes.

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Love him. He personifies all the pent up anger and rage in my (our?) generation. He's outspoken, he's hated, he's everything we want to be. We want to be controversial, we want to be noticed. He's got that. He goes overboard in the critics' eyes just as teens these days go overboard in everyone's eyes. Did you see last week's Newsweek cover about how teens aren't all what the books say we are? Dern right we're not, but everyone thinks we are and there's no way out of the mold. Then comes Marshall Mathers and he's all in society's face. He's not what they like, he's not what they expect. Dude, he's us.

yes, Without Me and Cleanin' Out My Closet are works of genius, aren't they? :) (Hated Drips. Am I alone in that?)

8. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I can't stand Eminem. His lyrics are tasteless and vulgar, and IMHO, the boy has absolutely no real talent. The ability to yell out some controversial lyrics should not be considered talent.

9. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    Hate him. He annoys me.

10. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    If I want angry lyrics, I'll listen to Pantera.

-Tim

11. EvenflowSith

EvenflowSith Jedi Master star 3

May 14, 2001
    Good call.

12. big_boss_nass

big_boss_nass Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Nov 12, 2001
    The guy is funny, but he just dosen't cut it in the rap world.

13. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    His character is hilarious, the guy is a living joke, that's what's funny about it. The music, the first and second albums were good, but the third... so-so

14. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Meh, meh, meh. I'll give him the nod for humor (his videos are hilarious) but his musical talent isn't exactly groundbreaking. If I want to listen to angry people, go Rage.

15. citizen-tom

citizen-tom Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I'm addicted to 'The Eminem Show'. I can't stop listening to it, I agree with Liz, I'm all over 'without me', 'cleaning out my closet', and also 'white america'

16. Gonzonaut

Gonzonaut Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2000
    It's all about the money. I have no respect for him, but I don't dignify him enough be even recognizing him with resentment.

17. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    You said it best Gonzonaut :)

18. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    I'm not one for rap, so I've never really taken an interest in Eminem. Have you ever listened to him try to talk his way out of using foul language on his albums? Funny stuff there. He could just say it's his first amendment right, but he goes on and on about who knows what... but yeah, back on topic.

The guy surprises me, it seems like he could possibly put out some really intelligent music, with a real message, but then he comes back with something completely stupid and loses any respect that might have been there in the first place.

19. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    I recently heard one of Eminem's new songs, and for the life of me I do not know the name. It is the song where he is rapping about how contraversial he is....I do know that the video for this song features Osma Bin Laden dancing.

Can anyone help me with a title please? Many thanks. :)

20. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    The song's called "Without Me"

The guys on FoxNews were having a fit with him dancing like Osama bin Laden, I actually thought it was the funniest part of the video because he looked like an idiot.

21. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Thank you so much TremontiFan23! And I agree, I thought the dancing Bin Laden was pretty funny too. [face_laugh]

22. Darth_Dragon_7

Darth_Dragon_7 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    How can U say he doesn't cut it in the rap world Big_Boss_Nass? The guy is one of the best lyricist I have heard in a while.

The main reason I respect (yes, I said respect) Eminem is he says what's on his mind. Too many people are so worried about being politically correct nowadays. They say what people want to hear so as not to offend anybody. Em doesn't care who he offends. I'll admit, some of his lyrics can go to far. But all in all, I like what he does.

Let the flaming begin.

23. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i used to like him, untill i actually bought and listined to one of his cds. it was the worst peice of crap ive heard. i respect him as an artist though. he says what he wants and doesnt care what happeneds. though some stuff goes too far like the killing of certain people and some actions.

i do like some of his songs however.

24. Darth Mulacki

Darth Mulacki Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 4, 1999
    Eminem is great, i love "White America" and "Cleaning out my closet". His lyrics may be filled with cursing, big deal so is the rest of the rappers lyrics.

-Mulacki

25. Dagger

Dagger Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    Eminem sucks. I want to see Linkin Park kick his ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.