main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Emotion

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by OwenHBrown, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OwenHBrown

OwenHBrown Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
    Gee, you folks loved LOTR.

You sure make the most of something. I personally couldn't sit through all of it again yet here are some of you planning to see it again. I didn't find any of this *emotion* poingant in the slightest and every emotional scene was grossly overdone. But it was worth seeing, don't get me wrong, but only once.

If you want emotion go and watch ESB again. Always works for me! One reason I am looking forward to AOTC is the emotion that is alluded to within the minimal information I have come across over the last year. I quite like the drama and emotion in the Star Wars universe and that's why I can only take so much Boba Fett and absolutely adore "Wraith Squadron". If there are any of you who haven't read any of the Wraiths I strongly suggest you get off your ridiculous "Oh this is not Canon therefore it is crap" asses and read the entire X-Wing series. I swear, if you base your Fandom on 4 + 2 movies and nothing else then you're missing out! =)

Anyway, I sure hope Anakin Skywalker isn't too much of a pussy AOTC. Too much drama and emotion is quite annoying and the last thing I need is to think of the teenage Anakin as being comparable to Frodo Baggins.

Lastly, How did Clare get her name into the credits? What did she do? I'd ask her myself but she's not online...

Anyway. Have a great new years and stuff..

Owen.

2. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Clare got her name in the credits cos she worked on the film. :p

She was involved in the weapons and armour department, which would have been a pretty freakin cool experience IMO. :D

I'm looking forward to the emotional side of AOTC too. Not just the lovey stuff between Anakin and Padme, but the spurts of anger you see in Anakin that are in the "Forbidden Love" trailer. TPM was never meant to be a completely emotional movie (we only got Anakin leaving his mother behind and Obi-Wan loosing his master), so it'll be good to get into the more personal side of characters.

As for emotion in the EU, I've only really read one book that caught my attention and that was Rouge Squadron. The battle scenes made me feel like I was right there in the cockpits watching the dogfights with Corran Horn. Good stuff and I wish I could get my hands on the rest of the series without skipping books.

3. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    All I can say is Batman.

Batman.

That is all.

4. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    There is no emoticon. There is peace.
    And no nookie, even for a Jedi Wookiee.

[face_plain]

5. OwenHBrown

Aug 18, 2001
    Paul...

I have X-wing books 1-7 and a hell of a lot of other EU material (Comics, games and books) and you are welcome to borrow any and all of them.

Clare once said she is a bit of a "goth" which I scoffed at because most goths are those hideous people who dye their hair black and cake their face with liquid paper. Seeing as the LOTR props were pretty damn classy so I guess she'd have to be a classy goth.

Owen.

6. opium

opium Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 1999
    I always cry in movies. I cry in cartoons even, so i sometimes get embarrassed going to see emotional movies. Especially when the sad bit's at the end and i have to wait till everyone leaves then walk out all red eyed and snifflin'.

I don't much like the lovey dovey stuff, especially if it's too cheesy. I hope there isn't too much lovey doveyness. And I also hope Anakin isn't a pussy, but he is at least a bit of a pussy - "ahh! boo hoo, it's all obi wans fault"

7. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Eh heh Anakin chucks a hissey fit :D

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Owen I'll swap ya these SW comics I've got for your X-wing books. ;) :p

9. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I did have all of the EU books but I lent them to a friend and he moved away and never returned them... if you ever see books with the name Kait Comber inside, THEY ARE MINE! :p

10. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Clare once said she is a bit of a "goth" which I scoffed at because most goths are those hideous people who dye their hair black and cake their face with liquid paper. Seeing as the LOTR props were pretty damn classy so I guess she'd have to be a classy goth.

Yes, she's very classy, and talented :)

Oh, btw, it's not good form to diss members of any subculture.

Especially mine, capiche?

11. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Nice to know you like my best friends work after dissing her style owen. Also you might wanna be careful about saying that stuff when SMs around thats his girlfirend you're talking about. :D

12. OwenHBrown

Aug 18, 2001
    Oh you are such a pleasant, inoffensive bunch of people.

I would like to ask why it is not good form to diss members of a sub culture?

Pardon me for saying but if I see some total moron with typing correction fluid smothered from ear to ear with 2 month red regrowth hiding under hair dyed black I will diss till my heart is content because, quite frankly, they look ridiculous.

Futhermore, you were all so quick to defend Clare that you failed to realise that I was not dissing her and was giving her a bit of a compliment. It was the ugly goths I was dissing, not her, if you read my post again you'll see that I used the term "Classy Goth" meaning that I believe that not all goths are grotesque.

As for Sam? A very nice lad. It's always nice to chat to him. Big Deal if he's her boyfriend or whatever. I thought they weren't together but in any case I tend to relate to people as themselves, Not as a member of a subculture and not as such and such's Boyfriend / Girlfriend.

Finally, if you're willing to slot yourself into a sub culture, Sith Magician, then I think you've got a pretty poor grasp of individuality no matter how "Against the Grain" you consider yourself =). Paul once called me a "Fanboy" but I protested that I was "Owen" pure and simple.

Now, folks, I am a nice guy and so are all of you. Please don't get all defensive when a bit of innocent dissing get's thrown about because it's only a bit of fun.

I wont judge you so don't judge me. =)

Owen =)

13. OwenHBrown

Aug 18, 2001
    He He

I just realised SMs is Sith Magician and not Sam...

Sorry about that. You folks get more clickier with each other as time goes by and I can't keep up! I am going to shut up and be really nice to you all otherwise you'll never let me in.

He he he he

Owen.

14. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Quiet Fanboy :D

15. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    //jedi mind trick//

There is no flaming here.
    It was a miscommunication.
    There is nothing to see here.
    Go about your business before DA locks the thread and bans everyone who posted in it......

;) :D

16. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Brett, stop being a bastich. :p

Owen, I agree. I find the full-on goths ****** up and crazy.
    However, SM and Clare, as you said, are not that.
    Like he said, guys, he was complimenting her, and in my opinion, he's dead on. :)

And Owen, it's good talking to you as well mate. always good to have an intelligent argument with someone, specially when you know it's nothing personal.

EDIT: No swearing. This is a PG13 forum and any form of swearing is not allowed. Don't do it again.

17. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    //elvates Sam's username(s) several positions up the "To Ban" list//

;) :p

18. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Big difference between a genuine compliment and a back handed one.

19. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Check it out, the emotion thread got emotional. :p

20. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hmmm, very emotional!! :eek:

21. OwenHBrown

Aug 18, 2001
    So what Sith Magician? If it weren't for back handed subtleties and playful stabs the world would be a boring place.

I am sure you have better things to worry about... capiche? =)

Anyway, please don't burn me DA. I had a bad run in with a green guy on another SW forum. I had posted a similar thread to an existing one and he locked the one I started. At the time I didn't know what was going on so I unlocked it and he then threatened me saying that if I ever unlocked a locked thread again he'd ban me permanently. I was like "How the freaking Hell was I to know you had locked it?"

Anyway. It's very smoky here in Oyster Bay. Visibility is about 100 metres..

Have a smoky and emotional day =)

Owen.

22. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    the smoke's pretty bad here at Rockdale too

23. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    "Smoke" could get worse on this thread too!! ;)

24. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
  25. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    GLASS?

Edit - I feel it is my responsibility to post something meaningful for the people who don't know the "Fire glass" joke I was refering to....

... nothing comes to mind... looks like that's the best I can do to contribute to this conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.