main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emotions-Kyp and Jaina's daughter story *AUTHOR'S NOTE 4/18*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by alain_bioras, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    DISCLAIMER: All characters(except those I create), places, etc. are property of LucasFilms ltd., yada yada yada

SUMMARY: Not much of one yet. This should probably be labeled 'background'. Kyp reformed the Dozen a few years after he left Twin Suns. Married Jaina, had a daughter, died in the Vong war. Kylee now runs the squadron. ;)

?Who?? Kylee Durron asked, staring at General Wedge Antilles for an answer.

?I don?t know. He?s the son of some politician. Your grandmother knows him,? he explained. She gave a small laugh.

?You want me to hire a politician to be one of my wingmates?? she scoffed.

?I said the son of a politician,? he corrected, rising to his feet and walking around his desk to lean on it. ?And as far as fighter pilots go, Leia knows how to pick ?em. You know that as well as anyone.? He offered a small smile. ?Of course, she could be trying to set you up with a nice diplomat.?

?I wouldn?t be at all surprised.? She shook her head, recalling all the other times her grandmother had tried to find her a ?nice young man? as she put it. ?She asked you to talk to me because she knows I listen to you.?

?Look, if it makes you feel better, I spoke with your mother, and not only does she back Leia up, she mentioned he was quite the young rogue.? He waggled his eyebrows at her, drawing a giggle. ?So my guess is, she?s trying to get you a new pilot and desperately hoping you take no notice of him.?

?I?ll...have to meet him, I guess,? she agreed.

?You know I can?t force you,? he reminded her. She looked up at him. ?I mean, sure, I outrank you, but your squadron isn?t under my lead.?

?No, it?s okay. I?ll take a look at him.? She waved him off. ?Just don?t get too excited. And don?t tell Grams I actually agreed.?

?So you?re actually going to look at him?? Ben Skywalker asked incredulously as his lightsaber connected with his cousin?s with a loud crackling pop.

?Look at him, yes.? Kylee gave him a quizzical look when he stopped sparring. He answered her unspoken question by picking up two more sabers and tossing her one so that they each had two. She caught it, immediately thumbed it on and quickly dodged Ben?s next thrust. ?Letting him in is another matter entirely.? Ben grinned at her. She instantly took advantage of his momentary distraction, knocking one weapon out of his hand, then spinning until hers was held at his throat. If he made a move with his second, any normal opponent could kill him before he had the chance. She had won. He sighed and stepped back.

?You got lucky,? he said, grabbing a towel off the bench. She smirked smugly at him.

?That?s what you say every time she wins,? Gillian Solo commented, stepping on to the floor. She had her mother?s red hair and the Hapan grace, but she often held her father?s ideals, causing many arguments between her and Kylee over the years.

?I do not,? he argued. Gillian ignored him and turned to Kylee who was already down on the floor stretching for another round.

?Do you know his name?? she asked her, kneeling down on the mats so that they were eyelevel. Kylee shook her head, her black ponytail swishing.

?Wedge says he?s some sort of rebel, which sure, is great as far as my taste in men, but I?m not looking for a relationship right now. We?re talking about my taste in the pilots under my lead. And I don?t want someone who?s gonna constantly question my tactics. Or my orders.?

?Well, Kye, you are young,? Gillian told her, as if she weren?t aware of being seventeen.

?And female,? Ben threw in. Kylee glared at him.

?What does that have to do with it?? she demanded, making it evident through her gaze that there was no right answer to the question.

?Everything,? he said, plopping down on the floor next to them. ?Your squadron is twelve men. And their leader is a woman?? He gave a low whistle and shook his head. ?I know I?d find that a little hard.?

?Some men don?t have a problem with female authority,? she told him defensively.

?Yes, but [

2. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    yay this is great need more

3. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    This is a really good story. YOu should continue it! ^^

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    This is great! i hope to see another post soon.

Jez

5. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    ?What does that have to do with it?? she demanded, making it evident through her gaze that there was no right answer to the question. oooohh I LIKE HER :D
    ?Yes, but most? They?re just gonna hit on you.?
    ?Most are twice my age!?
    sounds like something Jaina might have said... [face_devil] :D
    ?Well then be prepared for him to hit on you in the interview.? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! Typical male :p
    MMMMMOOOOOOORRRRREEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LIKE LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but Kyp's dead? :(

6. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Awesome! :D Kylee's awesome. She's got both Solo and Durron wits eh? That's cool. :cool:

More!!!

--Den

7. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    NEW POST!!!! :D (not that it's been that long since the last one) Thanks everybody!

?Slow down flyboy,? Kylee instructed. ?I haven?t even seen you in action yet. But based on your personality? No.?

?That was an insult, wasn?t it??

?Gee, you?re quick.?

?Are you two finished?? Jaina broke in, stepping between them. ?Do you wanna see him fly, or not?? Kylee sighed and eyed Will, sizing him up.

?You any good?? she asked.

?Am I any good?? he scoffed at her.

?See now, that?s a wonderful way to make someone think you?re saying yes, without actually lying about it.?

?Yes,? he said, frustrated. ?I?m good.?

?Okay then. Let?s go.?

?Will I be going up against you?? Will asked as they approached four simulators. Kylee began programming them.

?No.? She shook her head.

?Afraid you can?t take me?? he grinned, standing a little closer to her than she would have liked. She turned around.

?No. It?s just that that ego of yours has been built so high, I?m just afraid to smash it,? she quipped, gesturing for him to climb in. One of her other pilots poked his head out of the top of one of the other sims.

?You?ll be fighting me,? he told him, giving them a small wave. ?And I must say, you?re a braver man than I am. Or most guys in the fleet for that matter. None of us?ll stand up to Kye. So I guess either you have a problem with authority, or you?re just plain stupid.? Will glared at him, but the comment shut him up and he climbed into the ?cockpit?.

?Thank you,? Kylee mouthed to him. He winked at her and descended back into the sim. Dad couldn?t just leave me credits or a house like normal fathers. She shook her head and joined the training.

?So that?s the new guy,? Seth Reglia, the second in the Dozen and the only wingmate left at the moment observed, walking up to stand behind Kylee who was already watching Will critically. She nodded her confirmation.

?I think. Maybe.? She turned to him, dwarfed as ever by his height. She stared up at him admiringly, then realized how obvious she was being and shook her head, looking away. 6 years, Kye, she reminded herself. 6 years older than you. Get it together.

?You okay?? he inquired, stepping even closer than he already was. Her gaze returned to him and she recalled a time a few years ago when he had told her she was like a little sister to him. And she always would be. She knew that. So why did she keep feeling this way?

?I?m fine,? she assured him, lying through her teeth. He looked for a moment as though he were going to say something, then seemed to think better of it and only nodded. She knew she wasn?t fooling him. Their Force bond was too strong. He was simply letting it go, perfectly aware that she didn?t want to talk about it.

?Is he good?? Seth asked, purposely changing the subject. He gestured toward Will. Kylee rolled her eyes.

?At sims, yeah, I guess he?s not bad.? She ran a hand through her long hair and held it off her face. ?Doesn?t mean I trust him.?

?Face it Kye,? He threw an arm around her shoulder playfully. ?You?re never gonna find anyone as good as me.? He looked down at her and neither moved for several standard seconds as the double meaning of his statement dawned on him. He pulled away timidly and faced front again. ?Um?is he a Jedi?? She shook her head.

?No.?

?You gonna hire him?? Both still refused to look at the other.

?I don?t know.? She was silent for a few minutes before she felt a gentle nudge at her mind. A presence that had become one of the most comforting she knew nowadays. A small smile played across her lips. ?Seth, I?m not mad at you if that?s what you?re thinking.?

?You felt that, huh?? he grinned. ?Damn, I was going for subtle.? She smiled at him, but didn?t laugh and his expression turned concerned. ?Do you ever plan on telling what?s wrong with you? You don?t act like this around everyone else.?

?I?m sorry, I don?t mean to.? She kept her eyes transfixed on the other pilots.

?I believe you. I just wanna know what it is I?m do

8. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Very nice.... I really like Seth actually! And she;s stressing about him being SIX years older than her???? Please..... who cares about Will - Write mush about them!
    More!

Anna

9. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    SpacedOutAnna: I kinda like him better too. ;) I think Will's just gonna be the annoying one. Plus, this being a K/J kinda story (just one generation removed), I think the whole he's too old and a Jedi thing appeals to everyone here. :D (though there's a big difference between 17/23 and 19/35).

10. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Well I always think more K/J (especially more K/J mush!!!) is a good thing - even one generation removed!

More soon I hope?
    Anna

11. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I like that guy... :mad: will is evil :mad:
    Dad couldn?t just leave me credits or a house like normal fathers. he wouldn't be Kyp if he was normal, now would he :D [face_love]
    MORE SOOOONN?????????????????????????? :D

12. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Great post! I really enjoy this story and hope you continue! ^^

13. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    I like this idea. I could imagine how much a child of Kyp and Jaina would kick ass. I'd like to see Jaina and Kyp's kid take Jag Fel's kid to the woodshed. [face_devil]

14. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Oh, this is very good. I like it a lot!

15. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    Kyp_Side: Glad to see someone else likes Seth too. More soon (you know I can't stay away from my K/J stuff too long) ;)

Shorty: Thanks! Glad you like it. ;) Always good to see a K/Jer I've never met.

Chris: Well I don't know about his Cardboardliness's child, but I am considering bringing Fel in. You know, since Kye hasn't officially chosen Will, I thought Wedge might mention the wingmate position to him. It could be pretty interesting... [face_mischief] (but not in the way that I'm sure that, being you, you're thinking of. ;) )

starkrusher: Yay! another person from my other story. You like it! Heehee! *does Jez's happy dance*

There are people here who I guess read the message in 'Solid Stone Is Just Sand And Water', huh? (or you saw Hail_Jaina's reply [face_blush] ) Welcome everybody!

16. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Very interesting. Can't wait to read more. :)

~~Jilly

17. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    is my happy dance that popular? [face_blush]

hmmm... i think i like this new guy seth. why is she freaking about him being 6 years older. SITH, kyp was WAY older than Jaina.

btw how did kyp die?

Jez

18. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    JainaDurron: Hey, welcome! Didn't you post on my other thread too? Anyhoo, thanks.

Jez: Well, I'm fond of the happy dance. ;) I also do Kyp_Side's *you posted dance*. Lol. Kyp's death was so tragic *takes shuddering breath* Actually, I don't know how he died (tell me if you want me to write it in-ya know, a flashback about Jaina's reaction or somethin'). All I've thought out was Kylee was 4 or 5 (Seth or Will'll ask later about it), he didn't even get to say goodbye to Jay :_| , he told Seth to take care of Kylee (I guess he would've been 10 or 11), and it was in the Vong war.

19. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Yes I did, and I think you've posted on one of my threads too. :) I'll be glad when I feel better so I can work on it again.

~~Jilly

20. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    JainaDurron: I checked your bio, but the only one I recognize is 'Liebe und Folterung', which I read in Dana's site and have saved to my Microsoft word so I can read it when I'm not online too! ;)

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Well I have a few fics that aren't in my bio. Only two though I think. One is a Jaina/Jag sorta break up songfic called Loving This Way and a Jaina/Kyp beginnings of Jag/Tahiri fic called Pain which I thought you had posted on. But I could be wrong.

~~Jilly

22. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    Well, I know I wouldn't have read anything labeled J/J (that should please Chris), but I do remember 'Pain'. Is there more coming on that soon? :D

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    ohh I like, I want Kylee and Seth to get together not her and will need more

24. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Nice idea, having Kyp and Jaina's daughter. Looks like something I'm going to have to keep my eye on. Keep writing. ;)

25. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Seth is cool!! :D Will is annoying. :p This fic is awesome!! ;)

More!!!

--Den

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.