main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emotions-Kyp and Jaina's daughter story *AUTHOR'S NOTE 4/18*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by alain_bioras, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I want more, sith it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    stealing 25 :p
    this fic deserves much much much much more than 25 posts...

2. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    I hope that ther'll be more soon! This fic is great!

Anna

3. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Okay, guys. Sorry, but I just thought of this. Before you read this new post(well I guess it could be after), I need everyone to skim through the second post again and you'll find something interesting in bold print. ;) Btw(you'll get this after you read it)-I did the math and yes, it's possible. I figured the second in the Dozen and stuff, you know...it made sense.

NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

?Mom?? Kylee began hesitantly, approaching Jaina at her desk. Jaina mumbled something to herself about squadron funds not looking up from the mass of datapads and papers in front of her.

?Yeah?? she replied absently.

?I can come back,? Kylee assured her, already turning back toward the door. Jaina raised her head in curiosity.

?No, no,? She gestured for her daughter to sit in the chair across from her, ?what is it?? she asked once Kylee was situated.

?I just wanted to?talk.? She began glancing around the room uncomfortably. Jaina smiled at her mannerisms, unaccustomed to her daughter ?just wanting to?talk?. ?About what?? she finally prompted, seeing that Kylee was too much like her father to get to the point when it came to emotions.

She took a deep breath. ?How did you know you were in love with Dad?? she inquired. Jaina?s eyebrows shot up in surprise.

?Um?well?I, uh?I didn?t. Not for a long time.? She set her pen down and crossed her arms, giving Kylee her full attention. ?I hated him for a while.?

?Why??

?Long story.? Jaina settled back in her chair. ?About a lot of things you?ve heard over and over. Why are you asking me this?? Kylee shrugged. ?Is this an ?I miss Dad? moment or an ?I think I might be interested in someone? moment??

?You didn?t answer my question,? Kylee reminded her, sitting back as well and mirroring her mother?s position. Jaina smirked at her.

?Okay, um,? She sighed, obviously trying to think back as far as she could. A faint, almost wistful smile crossed her features. ?I guess it must have been the first time he kissed me. When I realized I didn?t wanna push him away.? She leaned across her desk again. ?Is this about Seth??

?This is what I get for having a Jedi for a mother.?

?So it is about Seth.?

?I didn?t say that.?

?You implied it.?

?Did not.?

?Did too.?

?Did not.?

?Okay,? Jaina rose to her feet and walked around the desk to sit on the edge of it. ?This could go on for a while. Now I know you wouldn?t be asking me these things if it wasn?t about a guy. So spill.? Kylee gave an exasperated sigh.

?Okay?it?s Seth.?

?I thought so.? She nodded in satisfaction at the confession. ?So you like him?? Kylee didn?t answer, twiddling her thumbs nervously. ?Well, all I can say is it?s about time. Everyone?s been waiting for this.? She stopped, thinking back again. ?My bet was before you were sixteen. I lost Ben?s pool.?

?You were betting on my love life?? Kylee demanded, standing abruptly. Jaina gave her her best innocent look.

?Hey, I told you I lost. That?s punishment enough. I had to fork over 100 credits.? She grinned at the younger Jedi and Kylee?s expression became less harsh. She returned to her seat. ?So what?s the problem with this??

?I don?t think he feels the same way.?

?Why not?? she prodded. Again, her daughter shrugged. ?Kye,? she sighed. ?Have you seen the way he looks at you? ?Cause you?d have to be blind not to.? Kylee kept her eyes transfixed on her hands lying in her lap. ?You haven?t told him any of this, I assume??

?You know, you shouldn?t-?

?I don?t want any Jedi platitudes about assumption,? she cut her off, knowing exactly what she had been about to say. ?Have you told him?? Kylee sighed and shook her head. ?Maybe you should.?

She shook her head again, vehemently this time. ?No, that?s?I mean, rejection and stuff, and then there?s just?badness.? Jaina chuckled at her.

?I don?t know. I think you would find him rather receptive to the idea.?

?No, you block with the right hand saber,? Luke scolded, dropping his defenses to focus all attention on his great niece, who appe

4. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    *blink* I don't get it.... oh well, I'm having a kinda dumb day. New post! YAY!

Anna

5. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    OMG!!!

?So it is about Seth.?

?I didn?t say that.?

?You implied it.?

?Did not.?

?Did too.?

?Did not.?
    ?You were betting on my love life?? Kylee demanded, standing abruptly. Jaina gave her her best innocent look.

?Hey, I told you I lost. That?s punishment enough. I had to fork over 100 credits.?

No, that?s?I mean, rejection and stuff, and then there?s just?badness.?

SO FUNNY!!!!
    POST MORE SOON!!!

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    ?Did too.?

?Did not.?
    YES NO MATCH [face_laugh]
    ?No, that?s?I mean, rejection and stuff, and then there?s just?badness.? BEST. LINE. EVER.!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    I ADORED that! That was so good! *LOL* I agree, the bit with Jaina and Kye was BRILLIANT!

Anna

8. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    SpacedOutAnna: I edited something in the second post that adds a little something to the story(sort of) so skim back through the second post and you'll see the change in bold print ;)

Hail_Jaina: Heehee, I was wondering if you would delurk. ;) I meant this post to be one of the funnier ones. Glad you liked it.

9. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    Oooops. Kyp_Side, you posted before I did. Same thing I said to Hail_Jaina. And I knew you'd been waiting for this post(I belive the term 'sithit' was even involved? lol). Wanted to satisfy you. :D (not in a dirty way Chris ;) )

10. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    MIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MIKO MIKO MIKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down*

11. SpacedOutAnna

Aug 14, 2002
    OH! I totally could not figure out what 'Regalia' meant. I never knew Miko's last time. That makes sense now!

Anna

12. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    I was waiting for you guys to figure it out. ;) (it's his son-I told you, I did the math and if Jaina had Kylee at about 20 or 21, he would be around 6 years older)

Now question-Is it Regalia or Reglia? Cause I thought it was Regalia, but then theforce.net's encyclopedia said Reglia. (I can't look. Vector Prime is like the one NJO book I don't own-the library had it) :confused:

13. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    Those Solo women... they have a rep for having kids at an early age, don't they? I mean, 20-21 (In Jaina's case) and 20-21 isn't THAT early, but it's still fairly early considering the average age for having kids.

And, according to Vector Prime, the correct spelling is Miko Reglia.

14. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Another wonderful post. Seth seems like a good guy. And I think Kyp would approve, especially since you've made him Miko's son.

~~Jilly

15. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    OOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!! *slaps forehead* Duh! Miko! I love that!

Good post. Mother/daughter interaction...Love it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?

16. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    I want them together *cracks whip* now...

17. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Ooo Nice. So Luke's still alive and kicking then. Jeez, he must be getting old. Will there be any Kyp appearing the the Force moments? Pleease?

18. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002

?So it is about Seth.?

?I didn?t say that.?

?You implied it.?

?Did not.?

?Did too.?

?Did not.?

ROFLOL!!!!!!!!!! [face_laugh] Jaina and Kylee are so hilarious together!!!!! :D Awesome post, sorry I ahven't been replying, been off the boards lately. Anyway, awesome!!!!! :D More soon?

--Den

19. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    MOOORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

?You?re frustrated,? Gillian observed, striding up to her cousin and eying her technique as she punched. Kylee switched to high kicking.

?Is it that obvious?? she asked, tightening the wraps around her palms. Gillian gave her a self-confident shrug.

?Of course not. Well...not that bad anyway. You just have no gift for subtlety and I can?t help it. I feel. It?s what I do.?

?Yeah, yeah,? she murmured. She stopped kicking and faced her. ?What do you want?? Gillian placed her hands on her hips in mock astonishment.

?Do I have to want something to come speak with my favorite cousin?? she inquired innocently. Kylee arched an eyebrow. ?Okay, okay. Wedge sent me.? Kylee gave a satisfied nod.

?I thought so.? She punched again. ?What did he want??

?Well, he had this...idea.?

?Yeah??

?About the wingmate position.?

?Un huh??

?He mentioned it to a pilot he knows.? Gillian began fidgeting uncomfortably. Kylee was beginning to smell a rat.

?Who??

?Are you crazy?? Kylee demanded, approaching her mother in her office again and resisting the urge to smack her in the back of the head.

?Most Solos are,? Jaina replied, turning to her. ?Have you not figured that out yet??

?Did you recommend Colonel Fel to General Antilles?? she went on, ignoring the playful tone in Jaina?s voice.

?For what??

?Being my second wingmate,? she informed her. Jaina burst out laughing, eventually having to lean against a nearby table for support.

?Jag be your wingmate?? she repeated. She needed no clarification. She was simply seeing how it sounded. And the sound of it sent her into another round of giggles. ?I would have to be crazy!?

?So Wedge just thought of it on his own?? Jaina?s laughter began subsiding.

?Oh, Honey,? She placed a hand on her daughter?s shoulder, still unable to keep a straight face. ?I didn?t think you were serious.?

?Do you realize what this means??

?You?ll have a top notch pilot for your third?? she suggested.

?Mother, the man hates me. Always has.? She ran a hand through her hair. ?And to be honest, I?m not too fond of him either.

?He doesn?t hate you,? Jaina corrected. ?He just...doesn?t like you very much.?

?Is there a problem, Commander?? Wedge inquired, stepping into Jaina?s office unannounced. Jaina glanced over her shoulder and Kylee turned to him.

?Gillian told me you contacted Colonel Fel about the position in my Dozen,? she began, avoiding his question. He nodded at her. ?General, as much as I appreciate the help, I can choose my pilots for myself. I have a few other prospects, Will included, and what with your nephew all the way in Chiss space-?

?Well his location won?t be an obstacle,? he assured her, setting a datapad down on Jaina?s desk, obviously intending for her to read it later.

?Why not?? Kylee asked, growing concerned. Wedge faced her again.

?Because he?s on his way here.?

[face_devil]

20. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PPPOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR KYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    OUCHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    NOT JAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Another wonderful post alain. I hope Jag doesn't cause too much trouble when he gets there, especially since Kyp is gone and can't fend him off.

~~Jilly

22. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    JAG?!?!?!? Why does it have to be JAG?!?

Jez

23. Crimson_Sabre

Crimson_Sabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 20, 2002
    No Nazis! No Nazis! :mad:

Eh, who cares, I'll read anyway...

Chris

24. Hail_Jaina

Hail_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    NOT JAG!!!
    HE'S PROBABLY GOING TO FLIRT WITH JAINA AND KYLEE :)

25. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Aug 27, 2002
    Jag doesn't have enough emotion to flirt :p
    ...well, maybe, since this is a fic...
    poor kylee... I have an idea... Kyp's not around, have Seth do the beating up Jag :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.