main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Emperion_Blade_Guard's Fan Art (New Pic 8/19)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Emperion_Blade_Gaurd, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Emperion_Blade_Gaurd Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    "As for the coloring, that is soo awesome! Did you Photoshop Falcon's art? How did you manage to retain the shading as you colored?"

My method is to colour everything very lightly on the first pass to get a feel for where I want certain colours, And then reshade everything, To make sure I don't wash the shading out. Then I just gradually add colour and reshade, over and over...

I find that (In the Gimp) using maybe... 15% pressure will give a nice light colouring, and then maybe 25% shading... Then back to the 15% colouring, Ext...

I never really paid attention to the exact percentages.... So I'm not totally sure of my numbers... But if you want to try it, you should be able to feel out how much pressure to use...

You can get the Gimp free here http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I was redirected to this post by Falcon Fan and I have to say, it was well worth the re-direction :D
    I abseloutely love your colouring of Saba Sebatyne! This is the only coloured pic I have seen of her that I can safely say actually resembles what I imagine her to look like. The shading is awesome as is how you have 'illuminated' the lightsaber. Once again, great job!

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Just want to jump in and "gush" over that coloring, again, too! The rest of the thread is also wonderful, and worth a browse! Go, E_B_G! ;)

FF

4. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Mar 28, 2005
    Hey! Thanks for dropping in!

I got one of those electronic sketchpads for Christmas, So now it will be a lot easier to get my work on the computer, So I should have more up soon.

5. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Hey I just had another proper look through all the images you posted. Yay for Yuuzhan Vong fan art! I love the dreads you gave your warrior :D
    I've been doing a series of YV fan art among other EU stuff over at my page on DA if you are interested? Link is in my bio.
    Once again, great job!

6. Emperion_Blade_Gaurd

Mar 28, 2005
    [image=http://www.picturehosting.com/images/carnemegel/mabii.jpg]
    I HATE the feet, and the colouring is just preliminary.

[image=http://www.picturehosting.com/images/carnemegel/dizconceptblk.jpg]
    I was really happy with the way this one turned out. Except the hand that is waving...
    I haven't gotten to shading it yet though.

7. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    The feet on your first one look fine, I think it is the angle that you are drawing them at. It's a difficult angle other wise keep of the good work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.