main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emperor's Lightning Weaker Over 20 Years?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by akamu2, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akamu2

akamu2 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    Palp's lightnihg deflected back at him shrivelled him into the emperor we all know and love.
    Why doesn't it deform Luke or even Mace? Luke takes more of it than anyone, i think, in ROTJ.

Just a random trivial thought...

TLJ Edit: Or Anakin? Not CT-specific, try PT/RotS or SWC or maybe Saga

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    His batteries were running down. He should've used energizers.

3. darthvaderv

darthvaderv Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    I don't think his lightning got weaker to that degree, I just think after 20 odd years he was not at his peak as he probably was in ROTS. The lightning carries enough power IMO.

4. Freedan

Freedan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2005
    The strength of his lightning hadn't changed whatsoever. Palps was just as powerful, if not perhaps more powerful, as during ROTS. The reason Palps deformed in ROTS was because by plnging into the Dark Side with the lightning, it revealed Palps' true self, his true appearance. The normal-looking face was only a mask to hide himself from the Jedi. After Palps shot the lightning at Mace, he pretended to have been weakened, but the second shot of lightning he threw at Mace was even stronger I think. In the ROTS novel, it is even made clear how the normal appearance was only a ruse when Sid looks into a mirror and says how he was starting to like his mask but this face will do. It did not deform Count Dooku when he used it because his appearance was true. He hadn't been deformed by plunging into the Dark Side the way Sid had because he hadn't mastered all of its aspects. In other words, Dooku wasn't as corrupt as Palps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.