main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Emperor's power over Vader

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by hooman, Sep 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hooman

hooman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2004
    Wouldn't the Emperor be kind of upset if he found out that Vader chocked alot of the Imperial officers. Not to mention Ozzel. I mean they are his troops. Even if they messed up,which they all did, why would the emperor give him that much authority? Could he just go around killing people whenever he decided?

2. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    The Emperor is a little more worried with Luke, a new Jedi and son of Vader, than a couple officers who screwed up.

3. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Vader has a lot of authority and failure is not an option.

Plus, apparently, the Emperor is even less forgiving than Vader...

4. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    "the emperor is not as forgiving as i am"

5. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

There you go!

6. JediMasterRevan

JediMasterRevan Jedi Youngling star 4

May 18, 2004
    So the answer to your question is no.

7. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    I think it's more like: he doesnt have to pretend that he is subservant to those pathetic underlings anymore. He wanted to kill Motti, and would have had he not been pretending to be under the command of Tarkin.

Think back to episode 1 when sidious sends maul to naboo; is nute gunray in charge of maul? heck no! but notice he stands behind him while walking, and on the side behind him when gunray is sitting at the throne... Maul is there to make sure nothing get's screwed up, in place of sidious, because at this point, he is not willing to risk his presence anywhere except wherever he is hiding from... all the while by staying out of the forefront the sith remain still partially in the shadows; it's the Trade federation that takes all the heat for whatever goes down.

now, by the time of ANH, there really is no need to go thru the whole secrecy thing, (unless the sith connection is not widely known to the general masses, which is possible given the fact that even tarkin has no idea that palps is sidious, (to vader: "...YOU my friend are all that's left of their (jedi/sith/force) religion"), but seem to be doing the same thing as in Episode 1. Even in ESB, after vader gives orders, all the imperial underlings double check their orders with an imperial commander, (vader gives the order to veers to prepare his men, he double checks with ozzell before proceeding etc...)

anyway, forgot my point - just a few things that stirred up in my head when reading this thread... sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.