main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Emperor's Shadow" - Mara, Luke, H/L - Complete - AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT 8/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewie-Fan

Chewie-Fan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2005
    Good exchange between Han and Leia. Maybe she should listen to him more often, politics be damned!

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Evil.....Cliffies..... [face_devil]

3. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Ghent: I put it in a place where I wouldn't loose it, and now I can't find it.

S.

4. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    You. Are. Evil, Red. [face_frustrated] But we already knew that. ;)

I'm tossing in my vote that Luke has something to do with the missing card.

5. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Got one, Luke.

Why do you always want to talk about Skywalker?

Cause he has a cute butt?

[face_laugh]

Does this datacard have a photo of Luke's butt on it? 'Cos that way Mara, or at least her subconscious, will have definitely stolen it ;)

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I knew it. You sneaky thing. I'm beginning to think that there is no datacard. Or there's nothing on it...

7. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    =D= LOVED IT!!! =D=

The cliffe on that was spectacular and I actually didnt see it coming!

8. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    ?Chief of State,? Cracken stood in front of Leia?s desk trying to be imposing, but after having been nose to nose with some of the most evil men the galaxy had ever known, including her father, it was almost laughable to the former princess. [face_laugh] ?Can you please explain to me why you were meddling in matters of New Republic Intelligence??

?Well,? Leia sat back in her chair with a bemused look on her face, ?considering the fact that the NRI like to meddle in everything else, I felt that it was only fair.?

?It?s out job to meddle, madam.?

[face_laugh] This is Leia Skywalker/Organa/Solo you're talking to Cracken... It's in her blood to meddle.

?And it?s my job to see to the needs of the government and its allies.?

Cracken crossed his arms and his eyes went cold. ?Mara Jade is hardly an ally.?

[face_plain] Ahm, I beg to differ Cracken.

?She is hardly an enemy either,? Leia countered. ?Do you wish to make her one??

=D= Score one for the Cheif of State.

The intelligence man bristled, ?She might already be one.?

?Regardless,? Leia couldn?t deny the words, not realistically speaking, but she knew Mara was trustworthy, ?she has aided us these past few years. A few days weren?t going to hurts as we sorted out the Latorin mess.?

?About that,? his posture stiffed just slightly, ?are you sure she is innocent??

?The guilty party? parties? confessed, and before you suggest it, it was through their own volition.?

?Never crossed my mind,? he said with a mock innocence.

Sure it didn't. :rolleyes:

Leia was having enough of this. ?You will see what?s on the datacard in three hours.?

He raised one eyebrow. ?Three hours??

?I?ve arranged for Ghent to bring the object to the Resserwoo Room at midday. There will be a viewing of it to determine where we are to proceed next.?

?And when were you planning on telling me about this??

?What?? Leia borrowed a smirk from Mara, ?You didn?t already know??

[face_laugh]

?Are you going?? Talon said as he walked up to his second in command as she sat at a console on the bridge, tapping in commands leisurely.

?No point,? she shrugged, slipping a data chip into a command slot.

o_O

?She invited you,? he sat down beside her.

?I appreciate the courtesy,? she grumbled, ?but I don?t want to be present when they decide to arrest me.?

Optimistic aren't we?

?They aren?t going to arrest you.? Talon wished he could believe his own words, but he had his doubts. Mara had been jumpy about the datacard ever since it was discovered and she wouldn?t even tell him what was on it, or at least what she suspected was on it.

?All the same,? she pulled the data chip out, ?I want to grab the Fire and get out of here. Start on that Demantie problem for you.?

Mara stood to leave, grabbing her bag. Something was bothering her more than she would admit, that was clear. He?d never seen her so agitated since they first ran across Skywalker nine years ago in the dead of space.

Talon called after her as she started towards the exit. ?What if your parents are on there??

Her steps faltered to a stop, her body stiffening. She said in a low voice, ?Leia of all people wouldn?t keep something like that from me.?

She was right, of course, but still, days would pass before Leia would be able to get the information to her if it did exist. ?You?re willing to wait??

?No.?

?So why??

?I?m not that lucky,? she sighed. ?Never have been.?

[face_shame_on_you] Don't be so hard on your self, Jade. I mean, you marry Luke Skywalker in a couple of years. ;)

?I still say we should just chuck the darn thing

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Evil, evil cliffie! [face_devil] But I love it! =D= [face_dancing]

10. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    tsk tsk tsk,

several posibilities on what happened to the data card:

a) :: shakes head:: Luke, you're being too helpful...
    b) :: shakes head:: Mara, mara, mara. . .
    c) Ghent lost it on his desk. . . under piles of other datacards again. . .

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Why is it that most of the L/M fics I have read lately involve a comment that Luke has a cute butt? [face_whistling] :p

And where is the datacard? Who snatched it? What an evil cliffy! Oh, who am I trying to fool? Forget about the datacard, I want to hear more of Mara's thoughts on Luke's cute butt. [face_laugh]

Great posts, RedGold. I can't wait to see more.

AG88

12. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    You're killing me here! :p

Great post, even if it did have an evil cliffie. Loved Leia.

13. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I thought sure you'd leave it with a cliffhanger of them about to view the datacard, but you really surprised us! I don't think Mara would've stolen it. And Luke, do something illegal? Maybe he borrowed it, from a certain point of view. Let's see, I think I'll put my credits on ... Thrawn! That's it. Thrawn stole it. :D

14. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Maybe ghent accidently left it in his pocket and forgot about it.

15. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great chapters, RG! =D= I'll agree with the general consensus that the cliffie on the last one was rather evil, though. :p Loved the Han and Leia interaction in the last post, and Mara's thoughts on Luke in the previous one were... interesting... [face_laugh]

Great work! :D

16. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Now that was nearly as evil as the end of Courtship of Jagged Fel. Not quite but nearly.

I suspect we will finally figure out what's on there--and I'm guessing that Luke has something to do with it.

Jedi Masters!!

Loved the conversation between Leia and Cracken and Leia and Han. :)

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    *runs in and reads not one, but TWO new posts*

WOW! Except that I'm not a fan of mush (it makes me want to throw up, but even then, you did a good job) you've done an excellent job.

And I knew you wouldn't let us see what was on the datacard yet? grr.

KT

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Ooh two great posts! Loved Mara's inner dialogue and Leia's talk with Cracken, and the datacard disappearing. NIce!

Need.More.NOW!!!

19. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Oh, I dunno... Archie has that smile... oh that smile... and such a wonderful sense of humor... *melts*

Oddly enough, while I admit Archie's charm, I've never been quite as wild about him. Though he was absolutely inspired in "Bringing Up Baby"... [face_laugh] Kenneth Branagh's got a cute smile too... More of a smirk, though, but quite charming... [face_mischief]

And yes, Luke has a cute butt. :D

Cracken stood in front of Leia?s desk trying to be imposing, but after having been nose to nose with some of the most evil men the galaxy had ever known, including her father, it was almost laughable to the former princess.

That's great. I'm sure there's precious little that can fluster our Leia! ^_^ Love her comeback too! [face_devil]

~?And when were you planning on telling me about this??
    ~?What?? Leia borrowed a smirk from Mara, ?You didn?t already know??

Mua-ha-haaa! Leia's being EVIL and I LOVE it!

?I?m not that lucky,? she sighed. ?Never have been.?

Unfortunately, that's all too true. :(

The older woman was rather crazy as Leia eventually discovered.

Such a lovely gift of understatement, RedGold. :D

?Is it worth destroying a woman?s life over?? Han shook his head. ?Hasn?t she been through enough with Palpatine??

Yeah! Listen to Han! :( Really! Leia, you're just curious is all, and you know it! [face_not_talking]

~?Think we could just stay like this for the next twenty years??
    ~Han chuckled, ?Would be nice, but you?d get bored after the first hour.?
    ~?No,? Leia grinned and winked, ?I?d just find something better to do.?
    ~A lopsided grin fell onto his face, ?I?ll make a Corellian out of you yet.?

Cute repartee! And yeah, Leia'd get bored real quick.

~Whatever happens, Mara will get though this, it?s her way.?
    ~?I know,? he said as he waited for Leia to gather her belongings.
    ~?But?? she knew her husband well.
    ~?She shouldn?t have to,? he shrugged. ?Palps did a number on her and now we are.?

Very cool. Han just understands. It reminds me of the conversation he and Mara had aboard the Falcon. There's that level of understanding between them. Very well done, RedGold.

...as they waited for Ghent.
    And waited.
    And waited.
    ?Do you think he got lost?? One of the Senators asked.
    ?Wouldn?t doubt it,? Han groaned.

[face_laugh] Poor Ghent! He don't get no respect! Of course, he hasn't earned much, either... ;)

ARGH!!!!! Evil cliffie! No! :_| Up please! [face_praying]

maramijade: several posibilities on what happened to the data card:

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] My vote is for choice three! :D

20. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Gagh! gaghggfdfdf

That was low, RedGold. ESPECIALLY given that your PM just said 'DATACARD!'[face_shame_on_you]

Only kidding, it was great. :D

21. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RG: Cracken and Leia are enjoying themselves in that first scene far more than either of them is prepared to admit... :D

And Karrde and Mara care for each other, too... :)

I'm not sure what to say about the Han/Leia stuff... but do I need to? I like it.

Waiting for Ghent? :p Funny, very much in-character (are you Troy Denning? :p)... and, a typical ending!! :D

*eager for more*

- The Imperial Ewok

22. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    RedGold: My heart skipped a beat when I saw this had been updated...and the word DATACARD caught my eye. Evil. Evil cliffie. Wicked!

Loved your characterization of Mara (as always), the interaction between Cracken/Leia and H/L...very well done. =D=

And Ghent?!?! I LOVE this kid! Although, he's not much of a kid anymore.

*whispers* Mara or Luke SOOO stole the datacard! Cannot wait for more. :D

23. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    MaraJade4S - You're killing me, RedGold! I can't stand it anymore. I need to know what's on that darn datacard!
    Note to self: Don't kill readers who review.
    ;)

They won't find it, will they? Karrde stole it, right?
    That's one vote for Karrde!

PonyTricks - DISAPPEARED!? ACK! Ok... my bet. Mara stole it!
    One vote for Mara. ;)

Jadie - Queen of evil cliffies, ahn.... I'd rather say Goddess of evil cliffies!!!
    I've been upgraded to Goddess?? WOOT!! [face_dancing]

Why do have I got a feeling that Lukie has something to do with the missing datacard?
    That's a vote for Luke. Noted.

Chewie-Fan - Good exchange between Han and Leia. Maybe she should listen to him more often, politics be damned!
    Well, if she listened to him then I wouldn't have the angst of ESB in their relationship... *sighs*... why do these characters have to be so difficult!!

Courtney - Evil.....Cliffies.....
    They are the best kind... [face_batting]

skywalker64089 - Ghent: I put it in a place where I wouldn't loose it, and now I can't find it.
    You know, I woulnd't doubt that! ;)

Trace - You. Are. Evil, Red. But we already knew that.
    That's why you love me... O:)

I'm tossing in my vote that Luke has something to do with the missing card.
    That's two votes for Luke!

Spike - Does this datacard have a photo of Luke's butt on it? 'Cos that way Mara, or at least her subconscious, will have definitely stolen it
    Nah, AG88 would have stolen it! [face_laugh]

flowerbee - I knew it. You sneaky thing. I'm beginning to think that there is no datacard. Or there's nothing on it...
    No, there is a datacard adn there is something on it... I promise!!

Djinn - The cliffe on that was spectacular and I actually didnt see it coming!
    wOOt! I love to be full of surprises!

CommanderK23 - Optimistic aren't we?
    That's why she needs Luke in her life, ;)

Score one for everyone's favorite scoundrel.
    Gotta love him.

I have to agree, I'd rather be out numbered a million-to-one than deal with politians. +cringes+
    Ditto

But you leave it with that cliff hanger... not sure what to think about that.
    That I'm evil ]:0 but you love me anyway? O:)

VaderLVR - Evil, evil cliffie! But I love it!
    Thanks! :)

maramijade - several posibilities on what happened to the data card:

Yes, they are all very possible... so what happened? We shall see soon!

AG898 - Why is it that most of the L/M fics I have read lately involve a comment that Luke has a cute butt?
    I put that in there just for you! :)

And where is the datacard? Who snatched it? What an evil cliffy! Oh, who am I trying to fool? Forget about the datacard, I want to hear more of Mara's thoughts on Luke's cute butt.
    You know, I believe that! hehehe

JadeLotus - You're killing me here!
    I need to stop killing my readers... :(

Jedi-2B -I thought sure you'd leave it with a cliffhanger of them about to view the datacard, but you really surprised us!
    Wow, thanks! [face_blush]

Let's see, I think I'll put my credits on ... Thrawn! That's it. Thrawn stole it.
    *looks over at McEwok* Yeah, he is looking a little shifty-eyed...

Valin_Halcyon -Maybe ghent accidently left it in his pocket and forgot about it.
    I wouldn't doubt it... *nods*

Knight_Aragorn -I'll agree with the general consensus that the cliffie on the last one was rather evil, though.
    Well, I tried... I really did! :p

and Mara's thoughts on Luke in the previous one were... interesting...
    Oh, come on, say it, Mara's gone crazy!! 8-}
    hehehe

jade51999[/b

24. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Well, I was going through what I have left to do in this story... and originally I was thinking I had 5 to 6 posts left. After some shifting and cleaning up I decided to nix a few things, save them for the sequel, and now I have three posts left counting the one you're about to read. Wow, I can't believe it's almost over.

Chapter 18 ? Part 2

?Nice job,? Mara nodded to the man as she made her way down from overlooking her ship. ?Not a scratch anywhere.?

?No one calls me Careful Merl just for laughs,? the old Corellian chuckled. ?Though to be truthful, never got her into storage. She?s been sitting here where you left her.?

Mara crinkled her brow. ?You had over a week to move her.?

?Oh, I know,? the man rubbed his beard, ?but the day after you left it, who of all people show up but Han Solo himself.?

Mara groaned, ?What did he want??

Merl shrugged, ?Just wanted to know about the ship.?

?And you told him?? she let her annoyance show.

?I thought you were friends with the Solo?s?? he said innocently. ?All he wanted to know was the terms and conditions, it?s not like he wanted the access codes.?

?It?s fine,? Mara mumbled and looked back at her ship. ?Don?t worry about it, I know how Solo can be.?

He smiled thankfully and scratched his head, ?Well, Captain Solo said that you might not be gone as long as you were planning, so I didn?t make her a priority to move.?

?Solo said that??

?Yeah.?

Mara sighed and shook her head.

?Well,? he handed her a datapad, ?if you?ll just sign here, you can be on your way.?

?Thank you,? Mara said politely, signing her scribble onto the form.

?Happy flying,? Merl smiled and headed back into the main hanger.

Mara turned back to her ship, slowly walking the circumference before stopping at the entry ramp. Her hand hovered over the control panel as she let out a deep sigh. She should probably sign the ship over to Karrde so that the New Republic didn?t take her when they arrested her.

A twisted smile formed on Mara?s lips. They would have to find her first.

?What do you mean, disappeared?? this came from Cracken who was visibly fuming.

?Well,? Ghent let out a nervous laugh, ?when I called the Chief of State about it, I talked to Captain Solo.?

Cracken glared over at Han who?s face dropped into a completely innocent expression, ?I didn?t do anything.?

?Why do I doubt that, Solo?? Cracken glowered.

He gestured to himself with both hands, ?It?s not my fault.?

?I highly doubt that too,? Cracken shot back.

?Gentlemen,? Leia said loudly, but calmly, then waited for them to look at her, ?let Ghent continue, please.?

The Crypt Chief looked between the two men before deciding it was safe to go on. ?I couldn?t talk to the Chief so I decided to lock the card away in my personal safe until I could.?

?Did you look in your safe?? Leia asked.

Ghent blinked, in thought, ?Yeah, pretty sure. Yes, yes I did.?

?I?d like to see this safe myself,? Cracken spoke up, ?just in case the kid here simply misplaced it.?

?I know I looked in the safe, and on my desk,? Ghent defended himself. ?That?s what I?ve been doing all morning, looking, and I can?t find it in my office anywhere!?

?Did you ever take it out of your office?? Leia tried not to talk to the man the way she would her children but it seemed to help.

?I haven?t left it till today,? he groaned.

?Kid,? Han came around and patted Ghent on the back, ?you need to get out more.?

?Get out where??

Luke stood next to his X-Wing, as he had been the last fifteen minutes, with a hydrospanner in his hand staring at the same piece of equipment that didn?t really need fixing.

Artoo whistled at him, bumping into his leg gently.

?Sorry, just got something else on my mind,? he responded as he set his tools down and squatted next to his little friend. ?I really wish I could help her more.?

The astromech let out a mournful bleep.

?You know,? he laughed at himself, ?I thought I could save her just like that. Back when we met,

25. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    *gets first reply*

Very nice post! I wonder what's going to happen next?

And I wonder who put the datacard in Mara's ship?

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.