main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Emperor's Shadow" - Mara, Luke, H/L - Complete - AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT 8/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *crosses arms over chest*

*pouts*

*refuses to review*

[face_not_talking]

*knows none of this will work on RG*

*sighs*

*waits for next post*

[face_hypnotized]

[EDIT] 1000th post!!! Congrats!

*throws confetti*

[face_dancing]

2. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    1000 posts!!!

[face_dancing]

3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Congrats on 1000. I wanted to steal it, but nevermind.

?I haven?t left it till today,? he groaned.

?Kid,? Han came around and patted Ghent on the back, ?you need to get out more.?

?Get out where??

You know, Ghent is about 30 years old in this time frame. He so needs to get laid.

4. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Congratulations on reaching 1000 posts! [face_dancing]

RedGold....you're evil. Absolutely, down right EVIL! [face_frustrated] ;)

Loved the pacing of this chapter.

Mara walked through her ship, checking and making sure everything was still in order. It was her home, the only place where she could be free of everything. Her past, her present, her future. No one could come in unless she let them. No one could bother her if she just picked up and left the planet.

Wonderful passage here. Hits VOF, and poor Mara sacrificing the Jade's Fire come to mind.

Something wasn?t right. She remembered distinctly stacking all her datacards up against the left wall of the safe in an orderly pack. So what was one doing setting in the middle in front of her lightsaber?

?Oh Force,? she said as she read the title, ?The Emperor?s Hand?.

:eek: You're officially killing us here. Nice job!

5. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Yes, it could have been eviler. But that doesn't make it any better... :_| Why must you put that poor woman through the wringer? :p

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, you could have been more evil. But then we'd have to call you a SITH! Almost over??? NO! :_| Say it ain't so! [face_shame_on_you]

Great post, evil, but great! =D=

7. Blondie_JediKnight

Blondie_JediKnight Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2005
    [face_frustrated] I wanna find out whats on that datacard already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:_|

Oh well. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. :p
    Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    [face_not_talking] That's it?! [face_not_talking]

You'll leave us like this for another week or two? [face_shame_on_you] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :p

Great post! ;)

9. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Now I bet Han stole it!

We are one step closer to knowing what's on the datacard. Unless, RG is really evil and doesn't tell us. [face_worried]

It has to be the next post! But you really are killing me. I had to revive myself just for this post and I don't know how many times I can do it again. :p

10. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Well.... now I'm starting to think HAN did it! :eek: ;)

11. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Only two posts left? That's bittersweet. I desperately want to know what happens, but I'm hating that its going to end. I huess I'll have to console myself with thoughts of the sequel. :D

Great post! I'm think Han's the culprit, too.

?I know that now,? he shook his head, ?I can?t save everyone, especially if they don?t want to be saved.?

Ain't that the truth?

12. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Uh-oh. I've got a bad feeling about this....

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Will we find out about this card before the sequal!!!!

Anyway my comment from before was in reference to a fake-me-out ending that TKeiraLeia and Darth Lex put up on their story Courtship of Jagged Fel. It ended up to be a funny joke (which we all suspected) and the real ending was awesome--but hehe you just keep dangling us over that cliff..and its slowly crumbling...and we're bout to fa---lllllaaalll

:)

14. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    NOT funny! Come on, your stringing this out for all it's worth. :(

Mara: Oh Force!

Yeah. "Where the h*** did that come from???!?!?!?!?!?" [face_devil]

Ghent: It walked out of my office all by itself. [face_laugh]

S.

15. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RG: *grins* :D

Good to see that Mara's other, other ex has learned some things from her and Karrde about using people's assumptions about who you are to misdirect them... :p ;)

:cool: Very cool!!

- The Imperial Ewok

16. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    HI,

do i get the feeling that someone is beeing framed mhm!?[face_thinking]

OR Mara have some serious sleepwalking problems :)[face_shame_on_you]

anyway like the ciffie :) =D=

hope to read more soon[face_laugh]

17. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Haha, SURPRISE MARA!

18. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Great post. Talon is acting suspicious, so he could be the culprit. Though Han could be in on it, too.

19. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great post RedGold. Somebody gave Mara a present. Hmmmm.... it didn't sound like Luke knew about it. Maybe Karrde? Ghent wouldn't do it I don't think, but you never know. I know R2D2!!! He can be a sneaky little guy. Great update. Please, don't make me wait too long for the next one!

AG88

20. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Ahhh.. this is great! And to think I thought I could write Mara Jade!
    I hafta say this is the best Mara fic I've ever seen! Keep it up, RedGold! :D

Courtney

21. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    ?Nice job,? Mara nodded to the man as she made her way down from overlooking her ship. ?Not a scratch anywhere.?

?No one calls me Careful Merl just for laughs,? the old Corellian chuckled. ?Though to be truthful, never got her into storage. She?s been sitting here where you left her.?

Mara crinkled her brow. ?You had over a week to move her.?

?Oh, I know,? the man rubbed his beard, ?but the day after you left it, who of all people show up but Han Solo himself.?

Mara groaned, ?What did he want??

Merl shrugged, ?Just wanted to know about the ship.?

?And you told him?? she let her annoyance show.

?I thought you were friends with the Solo?s?? he said innocently. ?All he wanted to know was the terms and conditions, it?s not like he wanted the access codes.?

?It?s fine,? Mara mumbled and looked back at her ship. ?Don?t worry about it, I know how Solo can be.?

He smiled thankfully and scratched his head, ?Well, Captain Solo said that you might not be gone as long as you were planning, so I didn?t make her a priority to move.?

o_O

?Solo said that??

?Yeah.?

Mara sighed and shook her head.

?Well,? he handed her a datapad, ?if you?ll just sign here, you can be on your way.?

?Thank you,? Mara said politely, signing her scribble onto the form.

?Happy flying,? Merl smiled and headed back into the main hanger.

Mara turned back to her ship, slowly walking the circumference before stopping at the entry ramp. Her hand hovered over the control panel as she let out a deep sigh. She should probably sign the ship over to Karrde so that the New Republic didn?t take her when they arrested her.

A twisted smile formed on Mara?s lips. They would have to find her first.

Planning on riding off in your starship never to be seen again, Miss Jade? [face_shame_on_you] I think not.

?What do you mean, disappeared?? this came from Cracken who was visibly fuming.

o_O Somebody's mad...

?Well,? Ghent let out a nervous laugh, ?when I called the Chief of State about it, I talked to Captain Solo.?

Cracken glared over at Han who?s face dropped into a completely innocent expression, ?I didn?t do anything.?

?Why do I doubt that, Solo?? Cracken glowered.

[face_thinking] Why do I want to agree with Cracken when I also have the feeling that...

He gestured to himself with both hands, ?It?s not my fault.?

What Han said.

?I highly doubt that too,? Cracken shot back.

Doubting Cracken... [face_thinking] Has an interesting ring to it.

?Gentlemen,? Leia said loudly, but calmly, then waited for them to look at her, ?let Ghent continue, please.?

The Crypt Chief looked between the two men before deciding it was safe to go on. ?I couldn?t talk to the Chief so I decided to lock the card away in my personal safe until I could.?

?Did you look in your safe?? Leia asked.

Ghent blinked, in thought, ?Yeah, pretty sure. Yes, yes I did.?

A bit indecisive aren't we?

?I?d like to see this safe myself,? Cracken spoke up, ?just in case the kid here simply misplaced it.?

?I know I looked in the safe, and on my desk,? Ghent defended himself. ?That?s what I?ve been doing all morning, looking, and I can?t find it in my office anywhere!?

?Did you ever take it out of your office?? Leia tried not to talk to the man the way she would her children but it seemed to help.

?I haven?t left it till today,? he groaned.

?Kid,? Han came around and patted Ghent on the back, ?you need to get out more.?

?Get out where??

:oops: Ghent, Ghent, Ghent... What are we going to do with you?

Luke stood next to his X-Wing, as he had been the last fifteen minutes, with

22. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I think Ghent may be a bit mixed up as to where his security box is. . .

Cause I don't think it was Luke who put it there. . .

23. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    KT - And I wonder who put the datacard in Mara's ship?
    That's a very good question... a very good one indeed. [face_thinking]

Trace - *knows none of this will work on RG*
    Am I that predictable? [face_batting]

1000th post!!! Congrats!
    Argh! I tried to get it!! hehehe, it's great to reach 1000! :)

Spike - You know, Ghent is about 30 years old in this time frame. He so needs to get laid.
    No kidding... :(

MirandaFair - RedGold....you're evil. Absolutely, down right EVIL!
    It's a gift. :)

Wonderful passage here. Hits VOF, and poor Mara sacrificing the Jade's Fire come to mind.
    As it should... ;)

flowerbee - Why must you put that poor woman through the wringer?
    Cause it's fun? :D You should see my next fic on here!

VaderLVR - Yes, you could have been more evil. But then we'd have to call you a SITH!
    Hey, can I quote you on that? :)

Blondie - I wanna find out whats on that datacard already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [yoda]Patience... must learn patience!![/yoda]
    :D

Jadie - That's it?!
    Um... yeah.... *runs and flees*

MaraJade4S - We are one step closer to knowing what's on the datacard. Unless, RG is really evil and doesn't tell us.
    [face_whistling]

It has to be the next post! But you really are killing me. I had to revive myself just for this post and I don't know how many times I can do it again.
    Let's find out! :D

PonyTricks - Well.... now I'm starting to think HAN did it!
    Why would you think that? [face_thinking]

JadeLotus - Only two posts left? That's bittersweet. I desperately want to know what happens, but I'm hating that its going to end. I huess I'll have to console myself with thoughts of the sequel.
    Well, the sequel will be awhile before I starts up, but don't worry, I plan on posting another L/M fic of mine in the interim. Just as evil though. If not more so. [face_devil]

Valin - Uh-oh. I've got a bad feeling about this....
    So do I.. [face_worried]

jade51999 - Will we find out about this card before the sequal!!!!
    No comment. [face_batting]

Anyway my comment from before was in reference to a fake-me-out ending that TKeiraLeia and Darth Lex put up on their story Courtship of Jagged Fel. It ended up to be a funny joke (which we all suspected) and the real ending was awesome--
    Ah, I see... cool. Might try that sometime.

but hehe you just keep dangling us over that cliff..and its slowly crumbling...and we're bout to fa---lllllaaalll
    Um... watch that first step there... :D

skywalker64089 - NOT funny! Come on, your stringing this out for all it's worth.
    Um... probably... O:)

Yeah. "Where the h*** did that come from???!?!?!?!?!?"
    You know... I only figured that out a week ago... hehehe

Ewok - Good to see that Mara's other, other ex has learned some things from her and Karrde about using people's assumptions about who you are to misdirect them...
    Figure things out, huh? I knew you would...

but does help I feed you tid-bits... hehehe

tasujad - Hi,
    WELCOME! [:D]

do i get the feeling that someone is beeing framed mhm!?
    OR Mara have some serious sleepwalking problems

Either is very likely... but let us see...

anyway like the ciffie
    hope to read more soon

More coming up... but only two more post.. this shadow is about to fade out

Rosh - Haha, SURPRISE MARA!
    *sniffles*
    Best present she ever got!

Jedi-2B - Great post. Talon is acting suspicious, so he could be the culprit. Though Han could be in on it, too.
    So which one is it? o_O

AG88 - I know R2D2!!! He can be a sneaky little guy.
    OMG! How did you guess! :p 8-}

Courtney - Ahhh.. this is great! And to think I thought I could write Mara Jade!
    And I can? o_O :p ;)

I hafta say this is the best Mara fic I've ever seen! Keep it up, RedGold!
    WOW! Thanks! [:D]

CommanderK23[/b

24. RedGold

Nov 29, 2004
    Second to last post!! It's getting so emotional for me!

Chapter 18 ? Part 3

?See, not in there,? Ghent said as he showed them his safe, which took him ten minutes to open with all his security locks.

Cracken pushed the cryptographer to the side and Leia rolled her eyes as the man pulled out what few items where in there and then tossed them all back in.

?Did you check behind your desk?? Han asked. ?Places where it might have slipped through??

?I?ve been looking!? Ghent whined. ?That?s why this place is a wreck.?

Funny, looked normal to Leia, ?I believe you.?

?Well,? Cracken gruffed, ?I don?t.?

?I bet you didn?t believe in Saint Nicolie when you were a kid,? Han drolled.

Cracken glared at him as he pulled his comlink from his pocket. ?Colonel Sauters!?

?Yes, sir,? a voice came back over the com.

?I need you to put together a group and come over to the Chief Crypt?s office,? he looked around, ?and bring a shovel.?

?Sir??

?Something is lost and we?re going to find it.?

?Hey,? Han turned to Ghent, ?you?re not going to let them rummage through your stuff are you??

?What choice do I have?? Ghent shrugged, and Leia knew he was right. Cracken was above him in the chain of command and could do as he pleased in such matters.

Leia shook her head, it was getting ridiculous, the whole situation. Something still bugged her, Mara?s words.

?And Sauters,? Cracken bellowed.

?Yes, sir??

?What?s the status on Mara Jade??

?She?s requested clearance for take off,? the voice crackled. ?We?ve been delaying it as you asked.?

?Good,? Cracken nodded, ?I want you to call Page. We need to put together a team to take her into custody and then search her sh??

Cracken was abruptly cut off as Leia snatched the comlink from his hand. ?Belay that order, Sauters.?

?Hey!? Cracken bellowed.

?Who is this?? the com squeaked.

?This, is Chief of State Leia Organa-Solo.? Leia ignored the flustered intelligence man and saw Han grinning out of the corner of her eye. ?I am ordering you to let Mara Jade leave if that is what she wishes to do. She will not be detained.?

The com went silent for a long moment. It should only have taken a few seconds for the computer to recognize Leia?s voice imprint to confirm it was indeed her. The rest of the time was probably used deciding who Sauter?s would rather have mad at him.

?Yes, ma?am.?

?Thank you,? Leia replied as Cracken visible glowered at her. ?And could you please also disregard Cracken?s earlier orders as well??

?Of course ma?am,? Saunters answered.

?Thank you,? Leia said and shut off the comlink, handing it back to Cracken.

?You better have a good explanation,? he practically growled at her.

?I don?t have to explain anything to you, Cracken.? She then ignored the man and turned to Ghent. ?If you happen to run across the datacard, let me know immediately, but until then, let what is lost stay lost.?

?Why are you protecting her!? Cracken demanded.

Leia turned to him slowly, finally realizing what Mara had meant that day on the Falcon when she told Leia that her blood would not be enough for what was on that datacard. ?For the same reason Mara still protects the Emperor.?

?Wondering when you were going to show up,? Han suppressed a grin as he opened the door to his residence and let his brother-in-law in.

?Even Jedi Masters grow curious,? Luke replied dryly as they made their way into the sitting area.

Han gestured for Luke to set and he went over to the small bar to pour them some drinks. ?So you are here to see what happened today.?

?Considering the events of the past few days, can you blame me??

?Not really,? Han agreed, handing Luke a hot chocolate while he sipped at his whiskey.

?So?? Luke asked after he took a long draw of the steamy liquid.

?Answer me something, first,? Han replied, getting comfortable on the sofa across from the chair Luke was sitting in.

?Uh, sure,? Luke was slightly shook by Han?s shift in the conversation. Han was

25. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    *snags first*

Why am I not surprised? You've left us hanging off the cliff again. ;)

Wonderful update.

?I?ve been looking!? Ghent whined. ?That?s why this place is a wreck.?

Funny, looked normal to Leia, ?I believe you.?

LOL-That had me laughing. Very cute.

?Not really,? Han agreed, handing Luke a hot chocolate while he sipped at his whiskey.

Loved that image :)

2nd to last post? So very sad. But it's been a thrilling ride, and always can look forward to reading more from you.

26. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    RG: Mystery! Angst! Mush! Fun! :D :D :D :D

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.