main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Emperor's Shadow" - Mara, Luke, H/L - Complete - AUTHOR'S ANNOUNCEMENT 8/7

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RedGold, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Okay, so....someone....put the datacard on her ship. 8-}

Loved the conversation between Luke and Han. :cool:

(Another evil cliffie. You're killin' me here, Red....killin' me.......)

2. CommanderK23

CommanderK23 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    ?See, not in there,? Ghent said as he showed them his safe, which took him ten minutes to open with all his security locks.

Cracken pushed the cryptographer to the side and Leia rolled her eyes as the man pulled out what few items where in there and then tossed them all back in.

?Did you check behind your desk?? Han asked. ?Places where it might have slipped through??

?I?ve been looking!? Ghent whined. ?That?s why this place is a wreck.?

Funny, looked normal to Leia, ?I believe you.?

?Well,? Cracken gruffed, ?I don?t.?

?I bet you didn?t believe in Saint Nicolie when you were a kid,? Han drolled.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Cracken glared at him as he pulled his comlink from his pocket. ?Colonel Sauters!?

?Yes, sir,? a voice came back over the com.

?I need you to put together a group and come over to the Chief Crypt?s office,? he looked around, ?and bring a shovel.?

?Sir??

?Something is lost and we?re going to find it.?

?Hey,? Han turned to Ghent, ?you?re not going to let them rummage through your stuff are you??

?What choice do I have?? Ghent shrugged, and Leia knew he was right. Cracken was above him in the chain of command and could do as he pleased in such matters.

Leia shook her head, it was getting ridiculous, the whole situation. Something still bugged her, Mara?s words.

?And Sauters,? Cracken bellowed.

?Yes, sir??

?What?s the status on Mara Jade??

?She?s requested clearance for take off,? the voice crackled. ?We?ve been delaying it as you asked.?

?Good,? Cracken nodded, ?I want you to call Page. We need to put together a team to take her into custody and then search her sh??

Cracken was abruptly cut off as Leia snatched the comlink from his hand. ?Belay that order, Sauters.?

?Hey!? Cracken bellowed.

?Who is this?? the com squeaked.

?This, is Chief of State Leia Organa-Solo.? Leia ignored the flustered intelligence man and saw Han grinning out of the corner of her eye. ?I am ordering you to let Mara Jade leave if that is what she wishes to do. She will not be detained.?

:oops: I don't think it's wise to get the Skywalker/Amidala combination mad.

The com went silent for a long moment. It should only have taken a few seconds for the computer to recognize Leia?s voice imprint to confirm it was indeed her. The rest of the time was probably used deciding who Sauter?s would rather have mad at him.

he, he, now who's scared?

?Yes, ma?am.?

?Thank you,? Leia replied as Cracken visible glowered at her. ?And could you please also disregard Cracken?s earlier orders as well??

?Of course ma?am,? Saunters answered.

?Thank you,? Leia said and shut off the comlink, handing it back to Cracken.

?You better have a good explanation,? he practically growled at her.

?I don?t have to explain anything to you, Cracken.? She then ignored the man and turned to Ghent. ?If you happen to run across the datacard, let me know immediately, but until then, let what is lost stay lost.?

?Why are you protecting her!? Cracken demanded.

Leia turned to him slowly, finally realizing what Mara had meant that day on the Falcon when she told Leia that her blood would not be enough for what was on that datacard. ?For the same reason Mara still protects the Emperor.?

ooooooooooooooo, I wouldn't get her more mad Cracken. [face_shame_on_you]

?Wondering when you were going to show up,? Han suppressed a grin as he opened the door to his residence and let his brother-in-law in.

?Even Jedi Masters grow curious,? Luke replied dryly as they made their way into the sitting area.

Han gestured for Luke to set and he went over to the small bar to pour them some drinks. ?So you are here to see what happened today.?

?Considering the events of the past few days, can you blame me??

?Not really,? Han agreed, handing Luke a hot chocolate while he sipped at his w

3. MaraJade4S

MaraJade4S Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    I know you wanted to see how many times you can kill me ;) , but I'm sorry to spoil your fun. It's not working any more. See, i already know you're not going to tell us what's on that blasted datacard. :p [face_whistling] I'm sure you'll let us know in the sequel.

Now, Luke, is there something on your conscience? :cool:

But it was a wonderful post. Things are getting wraped up.

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    So LUKE stole it! :eek: [face_thinking]

Very, very interesting! And only one more post? :_|

5. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    :eek: One more post!! I'm sure it'll be worth it.:D

6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    ?I dunno,? Han tried to explain. ?It?s like you two are best friends and worst enemies at the same time. You?ll lash at each other violently while defending each other to the death. It doesn?t make any sense.?

Perfect description of Luke and Mara's relationship (Han's a sharp one, isn't he?) In fact, I adored that entire conversation.

I almost don't want to know what's on the datacard. Almost. :D

7. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Why, RedGold ? ..... Why the cliffies!? They're killin' me! [face_hypnotized]

8. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    But come one... Arsnic and Old Lace... that was inspriation!

I saw that once and too long ago to remember. I shall have to check it out again! ^_^

My favorites of his where Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, and Dead Again. He does have a cute smile, but I'd go with Andy Garica from Dead Again... now that is a smile... *melts*

Those are AWESOME movies! (I have them all, myself... ;) :D ) (Unfortunately, my brother took his/our copy of "Henry V" with him when he went to college... :( ) I would fuss at you for liking Andy more than Ken, but then I realized we could each have someone all to ourselves that way! Isn't that great?! :D ;) :p

?It?s fine,? Mara mumbled and looked back at her ship. ?Don?t worry about it, I know how Solo can be.?

Ahh, the old Solo charm/coersion... ;)

?Did you ever take it out of your office?? Leia tried not to talk to the man the way she would her children but it seemed to help.

Hey, if anyone in this universe needs it... :rolleyes: And loved Han's comment and Ghent's reaction! [face_laugh]

Luke stood next to his X-Wing, as he had been the last fifteen minutes, with a hydrospanner in his hand staring at the same piece of equipment that didn?t really need fixing.

Awww! [face_love] I love Pilot Luke. I especially love Thoughtful Pilot Luke. [:D]

~?What?s the plan??
    ~Talon glanced at the clock, just a bit after noon. ?We sit and wait.?
    ~?Expecting fireworks??
    ~?Something like that.?

Very effective suspense. You can feel the second hand ticking down. Brilliant. And good to see Karrde and the gang. They really are the closest thing Mara has to family... until she broadens her horizons, that is... [face_mischief]

Something wasn?t right. She remembered distinctly stacking all her datacards up against the left wall of the safe in an orderly pack. So what was one doing setting in the middle in front of her lightsaber? ... ?Oh Force,? she said as she read the title, ?The Emperor?s Hand?.

ARGH! EVIL! EEEVVVIIILLL!!! :mad: Who put it there?!

Luckily, due to my remiss posting, I don't have to wait! :p

Cracken glared at him as he pulled his comlink from his pocket. ?Colonel Sauters!?

*guffaws as she remembers "Spaceballs"* [face_laugh] And poor Ghent. No respect. But at least Leia doesn't say anything aloud.

The rest of the time was probably used deciding who Sauter?s would rather have mad at him.
    ?Yes, ma?am.?

Smart man. [face_devil]

~?Why are you protecting her!? Cracken demanded.
    ~Leia turned to him slowly, finally realizing what Mara had meant that day on the Falcon when she told Leia that her blood would not be enough for what was on that datacard. ?For the same reason Mara still protects the Emperor.?

I don't understand... :confused: Though the dialog is really good. ^_^

~?Answer me something, first,? Han replied, getting comfortable on the sofa across from the chair Luke was sitting in.
    ~?Uh, sure,? Luke was slightly shook by Han?s shift in the conversation. Han was pleased, it wasn?t often he could shake up the man, and he needed shaking up often.
    ~?What is it between you and Mara??

OHMYGOSH!!! He isn't! Oh no! [face_laugh] [face_ecstatic, even though Luke is in for an awkward couple of minutes]

?I don?t know what you mean.? The Jedi shook his head.

Oh yes he does. [face_devil] [face_whistling]

Han sighed, ?Since the moment you two met there has been something? unexplainable, between you. Something that seems to defy logic.?

It's called DESTINY!!! DESTINY!!!! Bwa-ha-haaa! :D *dons her "Incurable L/M Shippie Anonymous" t-shirt and wishes that her favorite couple had a soundtrack theme she could hum*

?I dunno,? Han tried to explain. ?It?s like you two are best friends and worst enemies at the same time. You?ll lash at each other violently while defending each other to the death. It doe

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    We're winding down! :oops: But a great post! And yes, you're a Sith. Admit it! [face_devil]

10. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Waves arms wildly in an attempt to cath balance. Reaches for edge of cliff and finds that there's nothing there but air...

help RedGold you're my only hope!

Shall we ever find out?
    What was on that datacard?!
    ARRRGGH (Happy Talk like a Pirate Day in 2 hours EST)

Awesome addition.

11. Valin_Halcyon

Valin_Halcyon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
  12. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Gah! [face_plain] You mean woman. :p

13. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    I hope it was LUKE who returned the datacard to the rightful owner [face_worried] it would have been more fun if there was flowers in the Maras drawer :)@};-
    hope you gonna let us know what's on the datacard or at least hint [face_praying]

*secretly hoping
    it would be fun to see Leias face when Luke will tell her that it was his doing [face_laugh]

14. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    'Steal'? Well, it all depends on your point of view ... [face_whistling] Besides, I don't remember that line in the Jedi Code anyway. ;)

But wouldn't Ghent have the unencrypted version on his computers? Or has there been a little bit of 'judicious housekeeping' done on his documents folder too?

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Are you actually going to ever tell us who stole the datacard? Now Luke is acting suspicious. [face_worried]

Han let out a little chuckle, then hugged Leia close. ?You did the right thing.?

Now LEIA is acting suspicious! Did she do the 'right thing' in stealing the card, or merely the 'right thing' in letting Mara go and calling off the search? [face_worried]

I know -- Cracken stole the card! [face_laugh] :p

Loved Han's interrogation of Luke's connection with Mara. It is complicated.

16. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great post RedGold! Han is always so perceptive. What is between Mara and Luke? Hmmm... that is what I would like to know. [face_thinking] Too bad that you want to make this canon. I could give you some suggestions otherwise. ;)

I don't know why, but when he did this I just thought of Dark Helmet from the movie Spaceballs screaming for Colonel Sanders. :p

Wonderful post!

AG88

17. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Another cliffhangar? but I was expecting evilness, not well-thought outness! (not a word, but who cares?)

Great job!

KT

18. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hrmmmmm could that last question be for the number of the page this is on?

I don't quite think 42 answers it.. .

Go Leia!

lol Cracken is funny, shovels. . . :D

19. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Great post! [face_dancing]

?What is it between you and Mara??
    Luke blinked. ?Excuse me??
    ?You and Mara,? Han reiterated. ?What is it between you two??
    ?I don?t know what you mean.? The Jedi shook his head.
    Han sighed, ?Since the moment you two met there has been something? unexplainable, between you. Something that seems to defy logic.?

It's called love, sweetheart. [face_batting]

?You know that datacard??
    ?Yeah,? he said with an almost ?duh? like expression on his face.

I can totally see that! LOL! :D

Leia turned to him slowly, finally realizing what Mara had meant that day on the Falcon when she told Leia that her blood would not be enough for what was on that datacard. ?For the same reason Mara still protects the Emperor.?
    I loved that last line! ;)

Post the next chapter soon! :)

20. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    MirandaFair - Why am I not surprised? You've left us hanging off the cliff again.
    I dunno, why aren't you surprised? ;) :p

2nd to last post? So very sad. But it's been a thrilling ride, and always can look forward to reading more from you.
    Thanks! I hope to see more from you as well! [:D]

Ewok - Mystery! Angst! Mush! Fun!
    Concise as always my brother... :)

Trace - Okay, so....someone....put the datacard on her ship.
    hehehe... yeppers...and don't worry about it... I didn't even know until a week ago!

(Another evil cliffie. You're killin' me here, Red....killin' me.......)
    That's okay, you finished Point of No Return... so I'm good... ;)

CommanderK23 - They're aren't supposed to love either... But the Skywalkers are not your typical Jedi...
    No they aren't... they are special... [face_love]

Soooo, does the last post actually tell us what's on that blasted datacard?
    *cough* No comment... [face_whistling]

MaraJade4S - I know you wanted to see how many times you can kill me , but I'm sorry to spoil your fun. It's not working any more. See, i already know you're not going to tell us what's on that blasted datacard. I'm sure you'll let us know in the sequel.
    You never know... you never know... [face_mischief]

Now, Luke, is there something on your conscience?
    Like a small weight of a datacard? [face_thinking]

PonyTricks - So LUKE stole it!
    He did? :eek:

StarFighter5 - One more post!! I'm sure it'll be worth it.
    I hope so... [face_worried]

JadeLotus - Perfect description of Luke and Mara's relationship (Han's a sharp one, isn't he?)
    What would we do without him? [face_love]

I almost don't want to know what's on the datacard. Almost.
    Almost? Darn it... :(

Courtney - Why, RedGold ? ..... Why the cliffies!? They're killin' me!
    Cause it's so much fun? [face_devil] O:)

JadedGirl - I would fuss at you for liking Andy more than Ken, but then I realized we could each have someone all to ourselves that way! Isn't that great?!
    Um... yeah... I'll go with that! :D

Awww! I love Pilot Luke. I especially love Thoughtful Pilot Luke.
    He's always cute in pilot mode... [face_love]

Very effective suspense. You can feel the second hand ticking down. Brilliant.
    Thanks! All this talk about Grant and of course he did a lot of Hitchock movies kinda got to me... hehehe

And good to see Karrde and the gang. They really are the closest thing Mara has to family... until she broadens her horizons, that is...
    Truely they are...

ARGH! EVIL! EEEVVVIIILLL!!! Who put it there?!
    ME! I DID IT!! MMMUUUWWWAAHAHAHAHAAH [face_devil]

I don't understand... Though the dialog is really good. ^_^
    Basically... I'm stealing from Zahn... all that happens with the Camass document in the Thrawn Duology is what Mara has been fearing would happen if anything she knew got out... that's why Leia and Mara give each other that look at the end of the scene where they discover what's on it...

It's called DESTINY!!! DESTINY!!!! Bwa-ha-haaa! *dons her "Incurable L/M Shippie Anonymous" t-shirt and wishes that her favorite couple had a soundtrack theme she could hum*
    We need to get them one... don't we...

LUKE! *goes to shake a castigating finger at him, but ends up delightedly hugging him instead*
    You're as bad as Mara!! :p

*sigh* True. True. -_-;;; But that's why I love her so! And I think I understand now. It would escalate the war again and worse. Okay. I got it. I think...
    You got it! ;)

VaderLVR64 - And yes, you're a Sith. Admit it!
    But... I never denied it!! :(
    [face_devil]

jade51999 - Waves arms wildly in an attempt to cath balance. Reaches for edge of cliff and finds that there's nothing there but air... help RedGold you're my only hope!
    Um... i promise to throw you some rope in the last post... promise!

Shall we ever find out? What was on that datacard?!
    [face_whistling]

21. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    You forgot SW excuse number one: COMPUTERS DON'T WORK THAT WAY IN THE GFFA, NOW SHUT UP BEFORE I HURT YOU! :p

22. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Finally got around to reading this one, Red :D

Pretty good stuff if I may say so ;)

And Ghent still needs a woman ;)

23. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Rosh - You forgot SW excuse number one: COMPUTERS DON'T WORK THAT WAY IN THE GFFA, NOW SHUT UP BEFORE I HURT YOU!
    hehehe, that too.. ;)

Spike - Pretty good stuff if I may say so - Yes, you may. :)

And Ghent still needs a woman - That's an understatement... hehehehe

I can't believe it, the end is here. The final post of my first Star Wars fan fiction!

I'd like to thank all my readers:

academygrad88
    Ariapaige
    Benjor45
    Blondie_JediKnight
    Chewie-Fan
    CommanderK23
    Courtney_Solo
    Darth_Djinn
    flowerbee
    Gabri_Jade
    Geith_Jiseo
    GreatOne
    jacen200015
    jade51999
    Jaded_Girl
    JadeLotus
    Jadie
    Jedi-2B
    Jedi_Anais
    Jedi_BMK
    Jedi_Liz
    Jedi Trace
    Jelly
    Jesina_Dreis
    KFDF
    Killik_Twilight
    Knight_Aragorn
    Koori
    Lady_Jade
    LaYa
    leias_girl
    LordInferno
    lurker2209
    Maggy
    MaraJade4S
    maramijade
    MirandaFair
    Mirax-Jade
    padawan lunetta
    PonyTricks
    pregnantpadme
    Prudence
    Rosh_Penin
    Tahi
    talkingbanana
    tasujad
    TheCrazyRodian
    Thrawn McEwok
    tj2005
    skywalker64089
    Spike2002
    StarFighter5
    VaderLVR64
    Valin_Halcyon
    warm_fuzzy

And of course, all you lurkers...

You have all been very supportive! Thank you!
    I hope you enjoyed this little take on Mara Jade!
    [:D]

Coming eventually... the sequel Union's Shadow, which is a novelization of the Union comics in which Mara and Luke wed. I've changed a few things and added a few plot lines, and there will be references to events in this fic and my back story of Mara which will eventually be played out in the fan fiction Shadow Dawning. There is one story left in my quadology (is that a word?) which will take place after the Dark Nest Trilogy called Shadow Dusk.

I will start posting Union's Shadow once I've closed up a few of my WIP's, such as A Path Of Your Own Choosing on the Saga board.

In the interim I will be posting a previously completed fic here on Beyond the Saga called Something I Can't Finish, just so you don't forget about me. ;)

Well, here goes... the final...

Epilogue

Above an insignificant planet that played a significant role in a galactic rebellion, a speck of a ship emerged from hyperspace. In the cockpit a woman frowned. She didn?t know why she had come there, chose that planet to orbit.

She only knew she had to get away, from everything.

?Just put us in a standard orbit,? she answered her droid?s whistle. ?I won?t be landing.?

Slips twitted and went about its work. Mara stared out at the planetary horizon, still curious as to why she had come to Endor of all places. Twice her life had changed above the forest moon. First when her master died, then when events were set in motion with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Both had lead her to what she was today.

But what was she?

She picked up the datapad that had found its way through all her defenses and into her safe. Who had put it there, she didn?t know, and wasn?t too eager to find out. If the NRI ever discovered she had it, she was done for.

The information on the datacard was damaging. Mission details about the men she had killed, spied on, set up. Not so much damaging for her, but for those left behind and effected by the events. The Republic still swayed in a delicate balance and she would not be the one to bring them down with something from the past when they should all be looking to the future.

Personally, Mara was more interested in the past at the moment. There wasn?t anything on the card she didn?t already know. She tried not to get her hopes up that maybe there was mention of anything from her past, a name, a planet, anything. Palpatine probably never bothered with any of that.

Perhaps she was never meant to know what she had been? only what she had become. What Palpatine turned her in to.

Turning the datacard over in her hand, that is what she was. The very essence of her being was on that card,

24. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    *steals first reply* [face_devil]

Bravo, Red! =D= =D= =D= =D=
    The perfect ending, the right lines, a wonderful story! @};-

When I grow up, I wanna be like you! :p

=D=

25. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    =D= =D= Wonderful ending! =D=