main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire #39 - The Wrong Side of the War part 4 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by wild_karrde, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Empire #36 - The Wrong Side of the War part 1 (of 5)
    Empire #37 - The Wrong Side of the War part 2 (of 5)
    Empire #38 - The Wrong Side of the War part 3 (of 5)
    Empire #40 - The Wrong Side of the War part 5 (of 5)

2. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    The hell...?? :confused:

"'70s Stormie Disco-Explosion"?

Can't make out what's causing that...

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks for all the info Karrde.

Only one problem:

Whilst I can believe we may well get Republic 80 & Empire 38 on the same week, as we're due Republic 79 & Empire 37 this week, I cannot believe we'll also get Empire 39.

A double yes, a triple, I'm very sceptical about but would love to be wrong!

JB

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    That cover is.... amusing.

In a very odd, possibly disturbing way.

5. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    Bump! Coming out on Wednesday!

6. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

So many faces and none specifically looking straight at you, this I can like.

7. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    [face_laugh] Best cover ever.

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    That's an awesome cover. [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see where the Sunber story goes!

9. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    This is a great issue! I tell you, this story just keeps getting better and better! It seems clear now that Sol is being set up as the sleeper agent mentioned in the preview descriptions for the first arc of "Rebellion." He's been broken The conversation between Luke and Sunber is wonderful. There's such a clear familiarity with each other-very human. Poor Tank. My God, with both this and Republic # 83 today, I might actually explode.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And Mouse quickly became one of my favorite characters in this story arc with this line...

::after troopers force him to remove his helmet::

"What? You thought humans had the corner on good looks?"

[face_laugh]

But then they shot him! I hope he survives the wound...

11. QuinineVos

QuinineVos Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah, I like Mouse, hope he doesn't kick the ol' bucket. And I loved the Imperial confusion over Harran's message to him, "What, something about a mouse moving up a timetable . . . ?!?!!" Still wondering what's goin' on with Deena. And Tank's reaction to the revelation of whose side Luke is on is realistic. He moves to arrest his longtime friend. In his mind Luke is a traitor, not just of the Empire, but of him personally. Though he has his own doubts about the Empire, he is entirely used to thinking of the rebels as scoundrels and bitter enemies.

12. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    The Luke/Janek conversation was done as well as it could have been, you could really see the friendship between them and Luke's struggle to try and get Janek on the "good side." And Sunber had a belivable reaction to Luke's revelations, that is, of a loyal officer. Too often, storytellers would have taken the easy way out and have him become a Rebel right there. I'm glad this wasn't the case here.

13. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Really enjoyed this issue. This story arc continues to be incredibly well-done.

Liked the conversation between Luke and Tank. There's always a possibility to go off into Stu territory with Tank but the writers have not allowed that to happen. Instead, Tank character development has been realistic and it makes for a top-notch character. Pretty cool that Luke knocked him out. No weakling Luke in this EU series, which is very nice to see.

The Rebels and Imperials are hitting each other pretty hard. Just look how the Rebels set up the Imperials at Thila. It's too bad about Mouse. I liked him. His line to the Imps was great.

Looking forward to the conclusion of this arc and series. I'm thrilled this will be spinning off into Rebellion in the near future.

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.