main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

empire of dreams...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by UCLAJediMaster, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    amazing!!!

it is worth it just for the old footage from the auditions.

watching kurt russel be han is hilarious.

then you see mark, carrie, and harrison and it just fits.

i mean they blow everyone away.

harrision is just great.

2. Jawas_Poodoo

Jawas_Poodoo Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 8, 2005
    i really enjoyed 'the empire of dreams'. the SE trilogy should have included several more documentaries and bonus material though. in fact the SE edition DVD should have been the original theatrical releases. then i'd be happy even without bonus material!

3. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Yes, very well done, though turned out to be much longer than I expected and had to be watched over the course of a few days. :p

The only thing I wish that OT DVDs had were deleted scenes. That's one of the main reasons I prefer DVDs, to be honest.

4. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Most of the auditions are pretty atrocious. In the full version, there's this real laid back guy auditioning for Han while puffing on a cigar. It's hilarious! But I thought Kurt Russell was pretty good, though a little too young for Han. William Katt was also good and would have made a good Luke. But Carrie Fisher was definitely the clear winner for Leia. None of the other girls could even come close to her audition.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford were perfect in their auditions.

It is a very long documentary, but worth watching at least once.

-Seldon

6. Han_Solo_Fan_03

Han_Solo_Fan_03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    Well, I'm a movie freak, so I've scene lots of film documentaries. Empire of Dreams was the best one I've ever seen. Not just because it was about my favoirte movies, and had my favorite actor giving sevreal interviews, and auditioning for my favorite charcter ever, but it was very well done. I expected to be good, and it surpassed my expectations. I love the audition tapes. When you see Harrison Ford when he was fedding lines in the auditions, he pretty much is Han Solo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.