main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA "EMPIRE of DREAMS"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Apr 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Anyone see it last night? I know it's on DVD, but it was on A&E and just for kicks I gandered while flipping between that and Willy Wonka.

2. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    No I didn't but ... but it's funny cause I watched the DVD version on Tuesday (the first time in 1 year!). Lookin' back, Uncle George & ILM really changed movie making with creative vision and techniques.

I always get a kick when Carrie Fisher says she has to pay George a couple bucks everytime she looks in the mirror [face_laugh]

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I've never seen the A & E version, nor do I care to. I'm just wondering how they can tell the whole story of the saga by cutting it down from it's 2 1/2 hours to 90 minutes, including commercials!

4. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I expect that from you Matt. After all, you are the Chosen One.

5. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    I've wondered the same as Matt. I've seen the dvd version around 5 times. Haven't watched it in a while tho.

6. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Great documentary.
    However, even at 2 1/2 hours, it is still too short.

Hopefully, when the 12 DVD double sided, LTD Platimum with kitchen sink edition, there will be BTS disk for each movie. It always goes thru ESB and Jedi too quickly.

I thought it was interesting what was cut out. Some of the interviews, I felt, did not really belong. It should been part of the featurette.

Oh, well. We will see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.