main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Empire of Man (Dooku ponders near the end of the Clone Wars) viggie

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Killik_Twilight, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Author: Killik_Twilight
    Title: Empire of Man
    Genre: Contemplation
    Characters: Count Dooku, Darth Sidious
    Time frame: Three months before the end of the Clone Wars
    Notes: Dooku ponders the end of the Clone Wars, and the New Order that will arise from the ashes of the Republic.

Empire of Man

Count Dooku sat in his study on board his solar sailer.

On every front, the war was escalating.

Ywllandr was under heavy siege by Republic forces.

The invasion of Kashyyyk was proceeding apace, even with reports of Republic commandos interfering with the Confederacy?s Trandoshan allies.

Darth Sidious had informed Dooku that the Republic would soon launch three new attacks, with half of Coruscant?s home force committed to them, in the Outer Rim sieges.

The Count could feel that the end of the war was fast approaching, and he pondered what Sidious had in mind for the future of the galaxy.

Some things were clear.

It would be a galaxy ruled by Men.

A galaxy defended by Men.

A galaxy ordered by Men.

The future Empire would be an Empire of Man.

Dooku liked the sound of that.

It was no mistake that Dooku?s primary allies were aliens. Numbered among them were the Skakoans who controlled the Commerce Guild, the Neimodian leaders of the Trade Federation, the Geonosians, even down to the near-worthless Trandoshans.

Subhuman, all of them.

Dooku would not serve in a galaxy controlled by aliens.

When he had left the Jedi Order and assumed his hereditary title as Count Dooku of Serenno, Dooku had begun to reflect on the order of the universe.

The countless wars outside the Republic, the rise of crime and avarice across the galaxy, the rapidly declining reputation of the Jedi - couldn?t those fools see that the Dark Side was in ascendance?

Still, Dooku had had many friends among the Jedi Order, and he hated to see that they had to die.

It was necessary, though, to fulfill Dooku?s vision of an orderly, peaceful galaxy.

Any person who thought to stand in the way of Sidious and Dooku would have to be eliminated.

Much as his erstwhile allies would be eliminated once the Clone Wars concluded, and all of their assets handed over to Men.

Fitting, that the subhumans should surrender all they owned to those whose rightful place in the galaxy was that of masters.

Most of the Jedi that were still alive were human; this was no accident on Dooku?s part: he had ordered General Grievous to kill as many alien Jedi as possible. His rationale for this was that the alien Jedi were more numerous and more skilled than their human counterparts; Grievous accepted this without question.

If only it were true. The Chosen One himself was human, as was his former Master, two of the most skilled Jedi in the Order.

But Obi-wan would have to die soon, Sidious had told him that the death of Kenobi would push Skywalker over to the Dark Side fully. Skywalker himself would become the new leader of the remaining Jedi, once the Council was destroyed. Sidious, as far as Dooku knew, planned to turn as many of the Jedi to the Dark Side as possible, to create what Dooku liked to call the Sith Army.

An Army that would not only enforce, it would dominate.

A Sith Army made up of Humans.

The Republic?s clone army was made up entirely of humans, and the Navy was rapidly becoming almost 100 percent human, as the upper echelons instituted policies that benefited them.

Dooku turned from his desk at the beep of the holocomm.

A hooded man appeared on the screen; it was his Master.

Dooku stood up, then bowed, and said, ?My Master.?

Sidious said, ?What news, my apprentice??

?The plans to end the war go well, my Lord. I have already begun preparation for the movement of all of the Separatist leaders to one spot, where they will be easily eliminated.?

?Excellent. But I will choose their final destination: I already have a few sites in mind.?

?Of course, my Lord. May I ask where?? he said.

?There are tw

2. JediCallista_1_6_e54

JediCallista_1_6_e54 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    As I said before, I like this alot! Not many people write Dooku, and even if they did, I'm sure not many could write him as well as you do.

3. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Up, just so everyone else can read it, if they want to.

KT

4. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    You captured Dooku perfectly. he really is hard to write with so many sides: sophisticated, elegant, arrogant, proud, disgust,... Good Job!

5. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey, thanks for reading!

KT

6. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    That was pretty cool (because Dooku himself is so damn cool.) A very good look at Dooku's motives.

One grammatical thing, though. Sometimes you closed quotations when the same character was talking, and that made it seem as if someone else were starting to speak. Like this:

?There are two systems, Lord Tyranus, two systems that I am observing most carefully. If properly used, they will serve beautifully. The first is Utapau. The second you?ve probably heard of.?

?The Mustafar system.?

Sidious said both those sentences, right? If so, you wouldn't need the " after of.

7. DarthPolymerase

DarthPolymerase Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I thought that this was an excellent piece--there are hardly every any viggies or stories with Dooku and you do his character great justice. This story does manages to really explore all of the intricacies of his character. I love your writing style--it's very dynamic and really draws the reader in with your use of repetition. Fantastic work! Keep it up!

8. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    CommanderConrad: Thanks for pointing that out. I should have thought of that . . .

DarthPolymerase: Thank you! I appreciate your kind comments.

Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

KT

9. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    Very nice!

10. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Very enjoyable. I liked the Jango Fett tie-in. This one deserves a bump.

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Interesting look into the mindset of Dooku. And this does tie in with Palpy's history of being xenophobic where aliens are concerned very nicely.

Good job!

12. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Hey, more readers! And you guys are still getting things out of it that I didn't think of . . . great! Thank you for reading, cdmcc, Skalen, LadyPadme!

KT

13. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job there :) Liked this the best:

?An Empire of Man. I like the sound of that, Tyranus. And yes, it will be. Only humans have the will to unify this turbulent galaxy. Only humans have the power, and the means to keep it. Only humans have the resolve to keep it.?

How interesting way of thinking there ;) And Palps was one who only wanted it that way. And behold it became that way. Scary too!

14. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Love the convorsation between dooku and sids, speccially the forshadowing of Rots.

15. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Great viggie here, Killik. It does a nice job of setting up the last conversation Tyranus and Sidious will ever have. And as others have commented, it does tie in with Sidious's xenophobia.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

16. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Nice viggie. Dooku isn't easy to write, but you've done a great job here. :)

17. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    The more I learn about Dooku, the less I hate him (LOL!). You've done an excellent job with him. You really captured the character well and I enjoyed the insight to his thoughts. Thanks!

A viggie well done. :)

Meg

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very nice.

19. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Very nice look into Dooku's mind, KT! Loved the introspection. An Empire of Man, eh? Makes sense.

Loved that Sidious called Grievous a tool when Dooku is also a tool for the Sith Lord.

20. CountessYnaAda

CountessYnaAda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Killik, I'm sorry I never heard this before. I really like it. The way you write Dooku's thoughts and his speech is impeccable. It portrays Dooku's one mindness to not see the obvious truth, the thing that has haunted him his whole life; betrayal.

Nice work!

21. Killik_Swarm

Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2005
    *looks at this and sees more replies*

Wow, I didn't know anyone was still reading this!

Countess, I hadn't even thought of that while writing. It's good to see that people are still finding things in this fic that I didn't think about. :)

And since I'm writing this, guess here's an up.

KT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.