Beyond - Legends Empire of the Hand (Post NJO: Jaina Solo, Jag) Completed 9/26/05!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Wow, just finished reading this all the way through...

Great job! I'd say more, but I have no idea how to recap the past several pages of awesomeness.

And I too am glad that Jag is alive :)
  2. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    I'm done, but I'll be writing the review tomorrow. :p

Edit: I'm very dissapointed with you, YK. Letting Jag live. [face_shame_on_you]

Otherwise, fantastic and beautiful ending.

And Callista! :mad: There's a special place in pretend hell reserved for her.

Oh, and as I warned you before, Jacen and Tenel Ka's marriage better not be permanent. ;)
  3. Magnuskn Jedi Master

star 4
    What´s with all the "Ooooh, so disappointed that you let Jag live"? That made the fic being double as good for me, that he survived. Well, it´s Whitey saying it, so no need to take it seriously anyway, but still!

Magnus
  4. jagsredlady Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That trailer is teh awesome! :eek: [face_hypnotized] :p

[cut to scene of Anakin cradling Tahiri's lifeless body in his arms and weeping]
    You wouldn't dare... [face_worried]

[cut to scene of Jaina kissing a random dark-haired man]
    I also found that funny. Can't really use "green-eyed" anymore to describe who she's kissing and still be ambiguous about it. :p

I can't wait for this!

Post! Post! [face_batting]
  5. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight

star 5
    "At last we will reveal ourselves to those who hate dark stories. At last we shall have revenge."
  6. Magnuskn Jedi Master

star 4
    Pffft. If you want to go and compare yourself to Darth Sidious, go ahead. If the Jedi wouldn´t have been written as a bunch of complete blithering idiots, his grand plan would have never worked as well as it had.

Magnus
  7. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight

star 5
  8. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Wyn: ooo the sequel looks interesting.....

Glad you like it :)

Spike: Awesome trailer YK.

Chimpo: The reply I owed you
    You let Jag live = good

Glad you approve :p

Wrev is working on my nerves = good

That will probably continue [face_mischief]

Jaina is as always not decided = whatever

She's flaky 8-}

Callista =

She may not be as evil as you think...

last chapter = great
    Congrats on ending the story

Glad you enjoyed it, thanks so much for reading this fic :)

melissa: Awsome trailer!

Thanks! *smiles*

Eruanne: Why do I get the feelign that you have ruined my hopes? Hmm, maybe it's the fact that:

What hopes did you have? :p

YOU LET ANAKIN TURN TO HE DARK SIDE!!!!!

You don't know that ;)

YOU LET JAINA KISS A MAN THAT WASN'T JAG!!!!!

I didn't say it wasn't Jag. I said it was a man with dark hair, which Jag has.

YOU LET TAHIRI DIE!!!!! (unless of course that's like, some sort of vision, but knowing you, I doubt it. )

No, it's not a vision [face_mischief]

I am done, love you're dancing btw.

Thanks, I'm glad someone appreciates it :)

evil-twin: That trailer has me just as pumped as before.

Cool :cool: Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Magnuskn: 1.) This is open to interpretation... could as well be Jacen going dark. Much more likely as well, though he may be doing his "I´m doing it because I think it´s best... what, me a darksider?" thing, he is doing in the TUQ right now.

You're right, it's intentionally ambiguous ;) There will be a "Solo" from the Skywalker bloodline who bares a Sith moniker, but it doesn't say who.

2.) Well, same as with Anakin kissing a unknown woman, I think there may be ulterior reasons...

Well, there's a reason for it sure, and it's actually in the preview *points to #3* [face_mischief]

I trust the YK will give us J/J at the end.

You are too trust :p

3.) Uh... me no thinkee. Doing that would kinda go against everything what I expect from a YK fic. I think he is misleading us here, like he always likes to do. The cad.

I do like to try and trick you guys and I admit that parts of the trailer are deliberately misleading (though I'm not saying what, and as far as I can tell, everything in there will happen). However, if you think killing Tahiri is something I wouldn't do, click on this link and scan the post on that page [face_mischief]

I will off anyone if it seems appropriate to the story and makes it better (including the big 3 or the Solo kids).

Eruanne: That's true...it would be soo YK to do something like that.

*giggles* It could be anyone named "Solo" who's a Jedi. Jacen, Jaina, Anakin... Leia [face_mischief]

Very true...*strokes chin* I guess we shall just have to see.....

You'll have to wait awile on that one. Doesn't happen in the first fic.

I will believe it when I see it.

You are wise ;)

So, when can see it? Pluuuuuuueeeeeaaassseeee......

I'm hoping with a month of now [face_praying]

FORCEBlLADE: Sorry I haven't posted any replies, I moved to a new place and I haven't got my computer setup yet. Great ending, leaving that cliffhangar/foreshadowing thing. Looking forward to the next serires.

Thanks, glad you like it!

TKYS: Yes, yes you have...

I'm so ashamed [face_blush]

TKL: Oops!
    The evil sock got loose!
    *stuffs TYS back in her box*
    Bad sock. Bad sock.

Our love-sock need discipline :p

ImperialSpy: Wow, just finished reading this all the way through...
    Great job! I'd say more, but I have no idea how to recap the past several pages of awesomeness.

Wow, thanks for reading it all and I'm
  9. Magnuskn Jedi Master

star 4
    <shrug> I expect the very best from you. J/J *is* the very best for both ( though you are kinda selling me on Jaina/Wrev by now. :p ).

See, I already took a short look at that fic, read the "And no, not everybody is going to live happy ever after" part, and said to myself "Not my kind of fiction". It´s a completely dark fic, not my style. :)

As for the sequel... I am very sure that you are an excellent writer, and if the next fic continues in the vein of the last fics, I am sure you´ll put the characters through terrible moments, emotional and physical distress and that bad things are going to happen... but I also believe that in the end, they´ll pull through.
    Because I think we have some similarities in our outlook for the characters. I think you were just as dissatisfied with the way the NJO was handled, just like I was, and you are trying to find a catharsis for still feeling shocked and dismayed at Anakins untimely death and for all the possibilites it closed off. As you are *way* more creative than I, you happen to grace us with this work of art you have created in the past and are still creating.

Look, *please* don´t take this as a motivation to kill off Tahiri, because that is what we wouldn´t expect you to do. I don´t mind some predictability, as long as it results from a well thought-out plot. I *do* mind plot twists, done just because they are shocking.

In your fic, I also do happen to look for some Anakin/Tahiri mush, so don´t kill her off, okay? :)

Hey, I was in that list of people who thought that. :p Glad I was wrong, though I do have a bad taste in my mouth for the second Chosen One <cue Imperial March>

I was pretty sure he´d pull through, but I wasn´t *totally* sure. :p

It´s Whitey, of course he does. :)

I´ll take a pass on that, because it´s late and I´d write a page and a half. Suffice to say, I think the Jedi Order did themselves in about 75% of it, the rest was Sidious. Their calcified adherence to Odan-Urrs Jedi code and their regulation of the Jedi Knights private life stifled their judgement and vision in critical ways, which all facilitated Palpatine taking the emotionally unstable Anakin Skywalker and turning him to the Dark Side.

Magnus
  10. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    I can't believe I did it myself

But you'll make up for it in the next fic, right? [face_batting]

Thank you, Lord Whitey *bows*

If only I could make the FIGSers bow to me. :(

You don't know the half of it *laughs evily*

I'm sure I don't. [face_worried]

I don't want to say too much, but I think you'll like it in the end...

[face_dancing] I hope she loses her other arm. [face_devil] [face_laugh]

Well, it´s Whitey saying it, so no need to take it seriously anyway, but still!

Yeah, I'm sure he meant it good-naturedly

Yes, good-naturedly. [face_mischief] :p
  11. jagsredlady Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YK
    You've read I, JS by now? you sure about that?

:_|

Glad you're looking forward to it and your batting lashes are very convincing I will post as soon as possible.

In that case, [face_batting] [face_batting] [face_batting]

:p [face_mischief]

12. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Magnuskn: <shrug> I expect the very best from you. J/J *is* the very best for both ( though you are kinda selling me on Jaina/Wrev by now. :p ).

Good to hear it [face_mischief] I hope it will live up to your expectations ;)

See, I already took a short look at that fic, read the "And no, not everybody is going to live happy ever after" part, and said to myself "Not my kind of fiction". It´s a completely dark fic, not my style.

Yeah, I didn't mean you had to read the fic, I was just using it as an example. And I completely understand what you mean :)

As for the sequel... I am very sure that you are an excellent writer, and if the next fic continues in the vein of the last fics, I am sure you´ll put the characters through terrible moments, emotional and physical distress and that bad things are going to happen...

Oh yes [face_mischief]

but I also believe that in the end, they´ll pull through.

A good guess ;) I don't want to say too much.

Because I think we have some similarities in our outlook for the characters. I think you were just as dissatisfied with the way the NJO was handled, just like I was, and you are trying to find a catharsis for still feeling shocked and dismayed at Anakins untimely death and for all the possibilites it closed off. As you are *way* more creative than I, you happen to grace us with this work of art you have created in the past and are still creating.

Thanks, that's nice of you to say. And yeah, I know from your posts in the Anakin discussion thread that we are pretty much on the same page as far as being let down by the NJO and what Star Wars should be.

Look, *please* don´t take this as a motivation to kill off Tahiri, because that is what we wouldn´t expect you to do. I don´t mind some predictability, as long as it results from a well thought-out plot. I *do* mind plot twists, done just because they are shocking.

I would never do that, word of honor. I wouldn't do something just because people wouldn't expect and I certainly won't kill beloved characters for shock value. If anyone passes on it will be done because I honestly believe it will make the story better :)

In your fic, I also do happen to look for some Anakin/Tahiri mush, so don´t kill her off, okay?

I can't make a promise one way or the other without killing the suspense :p There will be a lot of A/T though ;)

Hey, I was in that list of people who thought that. :p Glad I was wrong, though I do have a bad taste in my mouth for the second Chosen One <cue Imperial March>

I like what they've done with him in the post-NJO actually. Rather than put a hero-spin on the horrible things he was doing, DN shows Jacen for what he is.

And no worries about the Jag thing :p

I was pretty sure he´d pull through, but I wasn´t *totally* sure. :p

All right! :p

I´ll take a pass on that, because it´s late and I´d write a page and a half. Suffice to say, I think the Jedi Order did themselves in about 75% of it, the rest was Sidious. Their calcified adherence to Odan-Urrs Jedi code and their regulation of the Jedi Knights private life stifled their judgement and vision in critical ways, which all facilitated Palpatine taking the emotionally unstable Anakin Skywalker and turning him to the Dark Side.

I agree that they were complacent and their arcane traditions hurt them, but I don't think they did themselves in. Only Palpatine, Anakin, and their minions are responsible for the destruction of the Jedi.

Whitey: But you'll make up for it in the next fic, right?

Possibly [/Kenobi]

If only I could make the FIGSers bow to me.

What about the Gold Palpy Society? [face_mischief]

I hope she loses her other arm.

That's terrible, Whitey! :p

Red: In that case,[face_batting][face_batting][face_batting]

I will post very, very soon [face_hypnotized]=P~

Love your icon, by the way [face_batting] [face_love]

:p

13. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight

star 5
    The other arms not enough. Make her get slammed around a bit first, then she loses her legs, then her arms, then her head.
  14. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    Possibly [/Kenobi]

I need more of an assurance than that. [face_mischief]

What about the Gold Palpy Society?

They have no leader. They post aimlessly. And I see you've been admiring the pictures. :p

That's terrible, Whitey!

Je suis un petit ange. O:)
  15. Killik_Swarm Jedi Youngling

star 2
    *marathon reads all of the stuff he's missed*

*is exhausted*

I'm so exhausted all I can say is good job!

KT
  16. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    evil-twin: The other arms not enough. Make her get slammed around a bit first, then she loses her legs, then her arms, then her head.

Sometimes you disturb me [face_worried]

Whitey: I need more of an assurance than that.

I make no guarantees :p

They have no leader. They post aimlessly. And I see you've been admiring the pictures.

I don't know about "admiring," but they are pretty funny, in a very twisted sort of way :p

Je suis un petit ange.

[face_laugh]

Killik: *marathon reads all of the stuff he's missed*
    *is exhausted*
    I'm so exhausted all I can say is good job!

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Fic news!

Here are some things I've been posting in the TLF thread as little teasers for the new fic, thought I'd post it here too for those of you who are following this thread instead:

Here is the list of planets that will be seen in the follow-up fic (I think in order of appearance):

Denon
    Sullust
    Rivisa 6 (original)
    Ossus
    Naboo
    Zonama Sekot
    Kuat
    Hapes
    Nirauan
    Nar Shaddaa
    Thyferra
    Csilla
    Dantooine

And here is a near complete dramatis (blue are characters introduced to this storyline in EOTH, and red are new characters to the story for the upcoming fic):

Dramatis Personae

Ackbar; retired Admiral (male Mon Calamari)
    Aero Gin; bounty hunter (female, species unknown)
    Alema Rar; Jedi Kight (female Twi'lek)
    Anakin Solo; Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Ayddar Nylykerka; intelligence director (male Tammarian)
    Baliss Phlora; tulan farmer (female Human)
    Ben Skywalker; child (male Human)
    Booster Terrik; captain, Errant Venture (male Human)
    Brosh; commander of Thrawn's household phalanx (male Chiss)
    C-3PO; protocol droid
    Cakhmain; Leia's bodygaurd (male Noghri)
    Cal Omas; Chief of State (male Human)
    Callista Ming; former Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Cenn Stellwart; GFI security officer (male Human)
    Cilghal; Jedi Master (female Mon Calamari)
    Cordoba; crimelord (male Hutt)
    Danni Quee; scientist (female Human)
    Darak; assistant to the Magister (female Ferroan)
    Evlyn Tabory; agent to the Chief Syndic (female Human)
    Faybol; unknown (male, unknown species)
    Fyor Rodan; senator (male Human)
    Garm Bel Iblis; general (male Human)
    Gavin Darklighter; general (male Human)
    Gilad Pellaeon; Grand Admiral (male Human)
    Goresh Tenziesh; commander (male Vagaari)
    Han Solo; captain, Millennium Falcon (male Human)
    Isolder; Hapan Prince (male Human)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Knight (male Human)
    Jagged Fel; commander, Vanguard Squadron (male Human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Jysella Horn; Jedi Apprentice (female Human)
    Kenth Hamner; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Kol Rénin; general, Raithian army (male Human)
    Kyle Katarn; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Kyp Durron; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Kyrn (Shawnk'yr'nuruodo); Colonel, Chiss Expansionary Defense Fleet (female Chiss)
    Lando Calrissian; senator, Independant Traders Union (male Human)
    Leia Organa Solo; Jedi Knight (female Human)
    Lowbacca; Jedi Knight (male Wookiee)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male Human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female Human)
    Meewalh; Leia's bodyguard (Female Noghri)
    Mirax Horn; art dealer (female Human)
    Mulla Habbas; senator (male Human)
    Neget; smuggler (male Rodian)
    Nen Yim; Master Shaper (female Yuuzhan Vong)
    Oaxley; Lieutenant, CEDF (male Chiss)
    R2-D2; astromech droid
    Releqy A'kla; Minister of State (female Camassi)
    Rivult Vyler; warlord (male Human)
    Romesk; Krillaire crewman (male Vagaari)
    Rowel; Assistant to the Magister (male Ferroan)
    Raynar Thul
  17. Whitey Jedi Master

star 6
    That's like the entire GFFA!!!! :eek: :p

I make no guarantees

I will make you guarantee.

I don't know about "admiring," but they are pretty funny, in a very twisted sort of way

Do not underestimate the sexiness of the Emperor, or suffer the FIGSers fate, you will. :p
  18. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Whitey: That's like the entire GFFA!!!!

You know how it goes :p

I will make you guarantee.

[face_laugh]

Do not underestimate the sexiness of the Emperor, or suffer the FIGSers fate, you will.

I'll try to remember that :p

Maggy very generously made some coverart for this fic! Check it out:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/EmpireoftheHand.jpg]

Big thanks to her for the effort :D :)
  19. Maggy Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_blush] you are very welcome, Yobi

my pleasure to work on it :)

~ Mags ~

P.S. now I need to read the fic :p
  20. oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Really nice coverart! I like it!

oldj
  21. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight

star 5
    Thats what you get when typing after watching Platoon, Predator, Black Hawk Down, and Saving Private Ryan in one sitting.

Did she have to use Kiara Knightley's face?

Other than that, looks good.
  22. Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight

star 5
    Keira as Jaina? Oh God :rolleyes: Sorry but she is way overrated.

Other things in the cover are cool :)
  23. Pelranius Jedi Master

star 5
    Don't mean to be nitpicky, but should Parck be a former Imperial Admiral?

Waiting....

Waiting...
  24. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Nice work on the cover art!
  25. Tahi Jedi Knight

star 5
    Cool cover art, Mags. :)

Yoda - I'm taking your advice and finishing TLF first before catching up with this story. That way I'm less likely to get muddled with continuity - which is not difficult when you're ditzy like me. I already get fanfic and the NJO completely mixed up. LOL :)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.