main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Empire of Traitors (short vig, 44 ABY, OC and Cal Omas, Response to 1 Pic=1000 Words Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FanakinSolo, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanakinSolo

FanakinSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2006
    Title: Empire of Traitors
    Author: FanakinSolo
    Genre: None
    Timeline: 44 ABY
    Characters: Kaiy Sienar, Cal Omas, some pilot guy
    Author's Notes: Written in response to I'll Trade You This Picture For 1000 Words Challenge

?You see, the new engine is the most powerful one on this side of the Kessel Run.? Kaiy Sienar explained. She pressed a button on the holoprojector, putting out an image of a freaky-looking blue engine.
    ?Ah,? Cal Omas said, ?but does it work? Do you have prototypes??
    ?Yes. We can show you, right now.? Kaiy said, beckoning to the slide-door of Sienar Systems. She had adopted the company from her father, Raith Sienar. Omas walked through, closely followed by Kaiy. They went outside, where a TIE Interceptor, equipped with the new engine, waited. A pilot sat beside it, working on his helmet straps.
    ?Huh?? The pilot asked when he saw Kaiy and Omas.
    ?Get in your ship, fire up the engines.? Kaiy commanded.
    ?Oh! Yeah.? The pilot obeyed. The engine turned red, then blue, and finally the TIE shot up into the sky. It did some fancy maneuvers, then came down for a swift landing.
    ?I?d like to buy one-thousand.? Omas said.

The next day, all one-thousand engines came, with an extra five-hundred. Cal Omas ordered all the techs and engineers to fix them into B-wings, making them much faster. That same day, a smuggler attack came to the world of Bothawui. Cal sent one-eighth of the B-wings there. But, alas, when the engines started up, there was a bright flash, a ball of fire, and then nothing. Nothing except several hundred pieces of durasteel.
    ?I knew it!? Omas shouted when he heard the report. ?I knew they had sabotaged it!?
    The Empire was a band of traitors.

2. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, the Empire'll do that to you . . . turn off your hyperdrive, sell you freaky blue engines that explode . . . honestly, I'd rather do my shopping with Watto. And getting stuck with 1,000 of the things! Yikes! I supposed it won't even do him any good to look for the receipt. Empire's probably "merchandise exchange only." Stupid Empire.

Nice job, FanakinSolo. That . . . whatever it is, does look like it could be a power-generating device of some kind. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.