main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga *Empire of Treason I/III* Vader, Movie Chars, OC's, ESB-AU ** CHPTR I done!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darkness_Himself, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Title: Empire of Treason I

Author: Nir Fallas aka Darkness_Himself

Genre: ESB AU

Summary: Darth Vader *reconsiders* his loyal service to the Emperor, after he realises that Palpatine seeks to replace him.

Characters: Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Emperor Palpatine plus numerous cameos and some OCs.

Disclaimers: The standard ones...

NOTE: Maybe some of you have seen a previous 'EMPIRE OF TREASON' fiction around here. Well yeah, that one's mine too. But I dropped that idea, and came up with another one, under the same title. For those of you (if any) who have read the 'original' EMPIRE OF TREASON, you can expect to see some of those OCs here too. :)

Empire of Treason I --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter I

The asteroids rolled by lazily, occasionally colliding with each other, occasioanally exploding from turbolaser hits. More ships could be seen in the distance, trying to fight their way through the asteroid field. But the asteroids and other ships were the least of his concerns now. Ships could be repaired and built anew, crews could be trained. It was all expendable. All of it could be replaced.
    And so could he.
    Darth Vader stood on the bridge of his flagship, the mighty Executor, trying to locate their prey through the Force. He was reaching out for almost an hour now, and still no sign of Skywalker. No sign of the Millennium Falcon, save for a report from one of the TIE patrols. But still, Vader was unsure did he actually want the Falcon to be found. Because by bringing Skywalker before the Emperor he was putting the boy on his spot. He was sealing his own death. But no. The Emperor was his master. He must obey his master. That is the way of the dark side. He owes all he is to Palpatine. And just what are you? a tiny voice called inside him. A dark lord. A dark lord of the Sith.
    No, he had to find Skywalker. No matter what will that cost him, Skywalker will be delivered before the Emperor. And then he will take Darth Vader?s place at the Emperor?s side. The very idea angered him. He will not be replaced by a boy. No matter what he owed to the Emperor, he will not suffer to be discarded and replaced by a mere boy.
    New thought crept into his mind?there were other ways. And to his surprise he was not shocked to find himself thinking in that direction.
    If he could be turned, he would become a powerful ally, he said to his master. But he never said turned to whom?or whose ally.
    A grim smile came across his face, something that has not happened in years. It hurt like ten thousand blaster bolts, but it was worth it. Darth Vader turned sharply and strode from the bridge, drawing stares from the bridge crew.

Okay, this is but a begining. Hope you liked it, more coming soon.

Please feel free to post anything you think about this story - all feedback is appreciated! :D

2. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Some excellent "darkside atmosphere" here. I especially liked the very first sentence.

3. Darkness_Himself

Darkness_Himself Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    Chapter I continues and ends in this post:

All conversations died and officers parted as Lord Vader?s shadow fell on the hallway. Many dared not look at him, yet some looked as he passed. He could sense their fear. He could feel it running ice-cold through the Force. It melted on his anger and washed over him like a waterfall. It felt good. It almost felt as if he drew power from their very being, draining their courage to feed his own.
    That might as well have been true, for he needed courage for what he was about to do. Vader didn?t lie to himself. He was afraid. Afraid of what might happen if he was to fail, or even worse, if he was discovered. The Emperor?s wrath would be terrible, and his retribution swift. And that was why he must not fail. But one thing was for certain. No matter what he did ? brought Skywalker, failed in his task or was discovered ? he was a dead man. He had nothing to lose.
    Vader reached the end of the hallway and the door to his quarters hissed open. He felt the ripples in the Force as the ice-cold daggers melted away from the officers? hearts, back in the hallway. His quarters were pitch-black, and silent as the vacuum of space. At the wave of his hand, the lights lit up. A single sphere was located in the middle of the room, a bright white glow radiating from it. Vader stepped up and spread his arms. Two slender robotic hands reached out from the ceiling and removed his cloak. He sat down in the chair of his meditation room, and all instruments inside it came to life.
    What if Skywalker cannot be turned? he thought. What if I cannot make him my ally? He gave mental shrug. If Skywalker could not be turned to Vader?s purpose, neither will he be turned to Emperor?s. He will join me or die, he thought grimly. But he doubted that he will die from Vader?s hand. If he was strong enough to resist Vader?s power in the dark side, then he would probably take his own life than let himself be turned.
    Thousand blaster bolts hit him in the face as he frowned. Without another Sith at his side, Vader?s chances of success were diminished. Palpatine may be old, but he is powerful. Vader will need another Sith at his side. The thought disturbed him. By making himself an apprentice, he risks the same fate he plots for Palpatine. Suddenly, a memory cut through his mind.
    He craved not power, nor to rule. He only sought to perfect his fighting skills, Palpatine?s voice echoed through Vader?s dark mind. And that was his ruin.
    For a second time in one day, Darth Vader smiled-no he grinned. Palpatine has sealed his own death, ten years ago when he said those words. Now it was of less importance will Skywalker be turned. Vader had another weapon up his sleeve.
    He reached forward and pressed a few buttons, bringing up a holo display in front of him. Vader entered the channel frequency and laid in his personal encryption code. There was only one more man in the entire galaxy who knew that code. Almost a minute later, the spinning Imperial logo was replaced by that man?s face.
    ?My lord,? he gave a low bow. ?How may I serve you??
    ?I require you to perform a task for me. Highest priority, all other things you are working on are to be postponed until this project is complete,? Vader told him.
    ?I understand, my lord,? he man said, meeting Vader?s gaze. ?We will get to work as soon as you send us all the neccesary information.?
    Vader felt no fear in this man, only utmost loyalty. That was not a thing you found everyday. ?The information is being sent as we speak. The first part of the project will commence immidietly, while you will wait for my arrival for the completition of the second part.?
    The man bowed again. ?As you command. When can we expect your arrival, my lord??
    Vader considered for a few seconds. The chasing of Millennium Falcon will take a lot of his time, but the Emperor demanded him to be in command personally. Another idea crossed his mind. ?Within two months,? he told the man.
    With a bow and a flicker of static, the image was gone and the

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.