main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire or Rebellion

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Yoda_yo_mama, Jan 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_yo_mama

Yoda_yo_mama Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 18, 2002

When I first watched the OT I thought the Empire was all evil. They would destroy innocent systems at a whim, kill people who did not agree with their philosophies, and rule via dictatorship. Now looking at the first two movies, I'm thinking more like the Empire was necessary to balance a corrupt political system. Nothing was getting done. Too many things slipped through bureaucratic tape and war seemed to be the only answer.

Given all this, which side would you have joined ? Based slightly on the EU, they had Imperial academies to train soldiers. Even Luke wanted to go fight. Let's say you lived in a pre-ANH time and you had a choice to join the Imperial Navy and restore order to the universe or a small, underground, undermanned and armed rebel cohort. Which would you choose ?

Discuss

2. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Imperials all the way. They were structured, and structure usually means success and nobility.

Of course the rebellion was the good side, but personally, I would have joined the Empire! I mean, come on...look at those cool hats and boots! ;)

3. Yoda_yo_mama

Dec 18, 2002

I liked the Hoth outfits. Now how exactly did it keep them warm ?

4. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    I would have gone Rebellion.
    I mean I would much rather fight for freedom and die, than fight against it and for tyranny.

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Rebels for me.

I'm a rebel without a cause right now. if I joined the Rebelion, I would have a cause.

6. Yoda_yo_mama

Dec 18, 2002

In some people's minds the Empire stood for freedom from corruption and stability.

7. Lahne_Pryok

Lahne_Pryok Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    Yeah, I suppose. If we only knew what they knew. But, since we know that is was wholly corrupted in itself, I think about it differently.

8. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Empire all the way.

9. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I'd go join the Ewoks. :)

10. Aradesh

Aradesh Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2003
    I would join the Rebellion, as the Empire basically takes planets over and forces them to conform to Imerialism, mostly abolishing their already established culture. Screw that. Rebellion, here I come!

11. Yoda_yo_mama

Dec 18, 2002

Low-tech, short, furry creatures always always strike fear into people. You could take over everything. You realize though Warrick Davis would have to be second in command.

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Yub! Yub! :)

13. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Choosing to be a natural Republic supporter, it would seem natural for my decision to be joining the Rebellion.

Yet, because of the the political anarchy that would have been on the verge, it would also seem the Empire would be a good choice.

Again, tyranny would strike too much fear and take away rights and freedoms. So the Empire wouldn't do much good.

Ewoks are too primitive in their way of thinking and technology. But they are pretty cool. ;)

And so, weigh out the differences and what do you get?

Meesa gonna be a Gungan. ;)

14. batvader

batvader Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Imperial Loyalist

15. plokoon480

plokoon480 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Rebels all the way!Their starfighters are waay better than any TIE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.