Lit Empire & Rebellion #2: Honor Among Thieves

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    True. If Luke's primary role is as Rogue Leader in his book, then it's likely more of the Rogue members will be named.
  2. COMPNOR Jedi Master

star 3
    "Han! If you go, where shall I go, what shall I do?"
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
  3. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    Rogue Squadron is one of the few EU things that is SOOOO core and covered and that I think the odds of Hobbie, Janson, and Tycho appearing would be rather high. Outside of that trio and ole' Luke & Wedge, I imagine that the squadron would be composed of other no-name characters.

Heck, given the rather dull and uncreative streak the EU is in, anything that promises Rogue Squadron is more than exciting these days. [face_dunno][face_tired]

--Adm. Nick
  4. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    I don't think Tycho would be in the Rogues yet. It would be Wedge, Luke, Janson, Hobbie, Zev Senesca, and (depending on the timeline) Dack.
  5. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Shut. Your. Mouth.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Sep 9, 2013
  6. AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature

Manager
    star 6
    I was referring to novels (comics don't count, they are the EU's last, great hope), Scoundrels is boring, and Mercy Kill is very overrated and rather boring. [face_dunno]

I haven't read Kenobi yet, but based on JJM's track record and I sure it is an excellent read. Either way, for every novel cover you post that was "good", I can easily counter with at least three bad. Hell, LOTF and FOTJ give me multiple choices to start with. :p

--Adm. Nick
    Last edited by AdmiralNick22, Sep 9, 2013
    DigitalMessiah likes this.
  7. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    FotJ ended before any of those came out, and LotF might as well have been a hundred years ago. And even if Scoundrels and Mercy Kill didn't do it for you, they're nothing if not creative ideas. Add in Kenobi and that's three books with three different genres, all within the last thirteen months.
    Last edited by CooperTFN, Sep 9, 2013
    Mia Mesharad and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Jeff_Ferguson Jedi Grand Master

star 4

This is admittedly based on very scant information (the posts in Steve's Razor's Edge thread that indicated these books are intended to be pretty far removed from EU continuity), but I doubt that any EU characters will show up. Sure, Hobbie and Janson are technically film characters, but, come on man, they're not, really. I'll bet the Rogues will be Luke, Wedge, a bunch of nameless pilots, and some original characters with stupid names like Ziff and Fweck. They'll probably be called Rogue Squadron, too, which is a continuity error --- they were still Rogue Flight at the time.

I do completely agree with your final statement, though. Anything that promises Rogue Squadron is more appealing to me than... pretty much everything else these days.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    Erk. Odie. Thok. Hoar.

That is all.
  10. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    Perhaps it is the change of leadership at LucasBooks or licensing or whatever, but you have to admit the literary side of the EU has been mostly poor for a long time.
  11. Zeta1127 Jedi Master

star 5
    If its osik like the Forgotten Wars, then its just contributing to the delinquency of a publisher.
  12. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    Forgotten Wars...?
  13. Zeta1127 Jedi Master

star 5
    Yet another name I have for the post-NJO.
  14. Revanfan1 Force Ghost

star 6
    Ah-ha. Well, I already own all the post-NJO books except Crucible, and since paperbacks are only $8...hey. [face_dunno]
  15. CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus

VIP
    star 6
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  16. Zeta1127 Jedi Master

star 5
    Its not a play on Star Wars and Forgotten Realms, and it has nothing to do with a certain author who lead the way during the post-NJO having been an author for Forgotten Realms.
  17. Jeff_Ferguson Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Y'know, I actually liked the Twilight Giants trilogy.
  18. Havac Former Moderator

star 7
    Lethal jungle! Trap-filled alien temples!

Sounds like a job for INDIANA SOLO!
  19. instantdeath Jedi Master

star 5
    I have high hopes for this book. Daniel Abraham is great, and the plot sounds very fun.
  20. DigitalMessiah Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm actually feeling a bit more optimistic about this trilogy than I was a week ago. I enjoyed Zahn's jaunts into the time period, and it will be nice to get away from all the baggage that 30 years of EU and three prequel films and a TV show have brought to the franchise.
  21. Lugija Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Sounds like a job for CORELLIA ANTILLES!
    CooperTFN likes this.
  22. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4

What's wrong with that? KJA didn't name all twelve Jedi apprentices, and we got I, Jedi because of it. :D
  23. Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to temper expectations, remember that it doesn't actually promise Rogue Squadron.
    CooperTFN likes this.
  24. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 7
    Dodge this!

[IMG]
    Revanfan1, Gorefiend and Zeta1127 like this.
  25. Jeff_Ferguson Jedi Grand Master

star 4