main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Rising (Formerly The Arm of Vader)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Crazy J, Feb 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    I'll try to slow the movie down, less action, but on the other problem, you could say that maybe they didn't notice because Jace and Cris are pretty much novice Jedi. They aren't Jedi Masters, or even Jedi Knights. They haven't developed their full sense of the Force yet. I think I made Crystal a Jedi Knight, though, so maybe she used some Force trick to dull their senses, since she know more than the other two. Those two factors COULD make it possible, maybe...

2. Sponewalker

Sponewalker Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2000
    Your script is longer than you think, cause it's not written in a proper format.

You mentioned in another thread that spoofs were over done, so why are you just redoing what's already been made? This script is just bits and piece of all the StarWars films.

We should strive to keep the material fresh. The problem isn't that there are too many spoofs in the world, it's the execution and end result of whatever it is you're making.

3. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    Let me rephrase: Tell me what you think about my script as a FAN FILM, not a professional Hollywood film.

4. Saeed

Saeed Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2000
    Jace Taran - I noticed this thread a couple of days ago, but only had time to read your script today. I have to say that I'm somewhat surprised at how critical the response it has been...

Admittedly, I had to speed-read certain sections, skimming over long descriptions and such, but overall I think you've come up with a very good screenplay, full of potential. I don't pretend to know a great deal about screenwriting, but I have read a few books on the subject, and one thing they always agree on is to 'start your movie with a bang'. They always refer to films like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and encourage you to grab the audience's attention - if you think it's right for your story, then go ahead and do it!

It's true that a description of characters would have been helpful for us readers to visualise them better, but if they avoid arguing - which is part of human nature - then you have no dramatic tension/conflict, and will end up with lifeless cardboard characters with no personality.

Someone mentioned the way Crystal (spell it with a 'K' for that extra something) was introduced. When I took the time visualise that scene, I felt it was an excellent way to make a dynamic, dramatic entry for one of your lead characters. As for the whole 'sensed a disturbance in the force' point, well consider this: In TPM, why couldn't Yoda (not to mention the whole Jedi Council) sense the disturbance when in the presence of Darth Sidious/Senator Palpatine at Qui Gonn's Funeral...?

"It's called 'artistic licence!'"

Thank you, Mr Lucas, I was just about to say that...

Finally someone pointed out that 'This script is just bits and piece of all the StarWars films.' This is true to an extent, but you could label that at virtually all SW FanFilms. Your script had interesting characters, well thought out action scenes, and some witty lines. Wasn't the end of TPM just like bits and pieces of the original trilogy (in particular ROTJ) ? But we all enjoyed it, right?

Oh, and by the way, the dark, mysterious jedi, who keeps appearing at the end of 'act two' was particularly well done. There were any number of less effective ways to introduce that guy, but your writing kept me turning - or rather scrolling - the pages to see just who he really was! Nice one.

I do have a couple of couple of constructive criticisms/suggestions for you...

- I feel your script concentrates too much on your trio of leading characters; you might want to break up the rhythm by adding more secondary characters, or expanding on the ones you already have.

- I felt a distinct lack of any real nemesis, right up until the final few scenes. Maybe you should introduce this Halcyon guy earlier - maybe just hinting at his true character - but at least so that we know he's central to the plot.

- Have you considered how you will make this film? It does seem to be a very ambitious project. I only say this because you may find yourself disheartened later on when you realise you willl not be able to make your fantastic vision a reality. Perhaps bear this is mind on your next rewrite...

I could go on, but I've probably gone on too long already.

"Yes you have!", said Mr. Lucas. Everyone smiles. IRIS WIPE TO BLACK.

Saeed
    AKA The Jedi With No Name

5. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    Thanks. Finally someone that understands this is an amateur fan film, and not professional.

Actually, the three are suppossed to be the main characters. I personally don't think I really need much more than that. I can't think of any way that another character or two would help.

I don't want to introduce Halcyon TOO early. He's supposse to be mysterious and junk, like Darth Maul or Boba Fett. With a more central role, of course, and a few more lines.

6. Jace Taran

May 2, 2000
    Does anyone else have any suggestions? Where there any strong points?

7. Crazy J

Crazy J Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 1999
    Sorry again for the long gap between posts. I'm going to try and wrap this up in a few weeks before I go out of town for a while.

Padme could not sit still. She kept thinking about Anakin; wondering where he was and if he was safe. Even though all these doubts plagued her mind, somehow she knew that he was all right. Just a good feeling, however, was not enough for Padme; she wanted to have Anakin there with her, she wanted to see first-hand that he was fine.
    ?Hi,? a soft voice said from behind Padme, interrupting her thoughts.
    ?Hello,? she returned to the approaching woman that looked a little worse-for-ware. She had a pretty face, but it was somewhat covered by ash and soot from escaping battle. The woman was a little bit taller than Padme, but about the same age.
    ?You are from Naboo?? she asked.
    ?Yeah,? Padme answered with puzzlement.
    ?I?ve heard of how the people of Naboo persevere. It is a true honor to have you here,? the woman said.
    ?I just wish we could be of more help,? Padme replied and suddenly realized who the woman was. ?Are you the one that Obi-Wan went into the city after??
    ?Yes, he and my husband. My name is Beru, Senator Organa said that I should come and introduce myself.?
    ?I am so sorry for what you have had to go through. I can?t imagine what it was like in there.?
    ?It was horrific, but I am relieved just to be alive. I?m truly lucky, too, that the person I love most in the entire galaxy is safe as well.? Beru looked over her shoulder at Owen who was talking with Organa.
    ?Yeah, I bet that is quite a relief.? Padme?s voice quivered and she looked away.
    Beru paused for a moment; she knew exactly how this young lady felt. ?It?s Obi-Wan?s apprentice, you love him, don?t you??
    Padme was puzzled. ?How did you??
    ?I overheard Obi-Wan talking to Organa about finding his student, but he?s still not back. Could that be why you are so distraught?? Beru gave Padme a comforting look.
    Padme nodded. Even though she had never outright declared it, she knew in her heart that she loved Anakin. Somehow, her feelings were obvious enough that a total stranger had recognized them.

?Hey.? Beru immediately recognized Owen?s voice and turned to greet him.
    She quickly embraced him. ?How is the senator??
    ?He seems a bit stressed to say the least,? Owen answered. His bride nodded, but remained silent.
    ?Well, anyway,? Owen started again, ?Obi-Wan said that his apprentice was close. He should be back soon. I?m anxious to meet this student of his.?
    ?Anakin?!? Padme jumped to her feet and began to run to the edge of camp. A giant smile crossed Beru?s face as she watched her new friend scamper away.

Anakin was a good 10 paces in front of his master and R2-D2 as the approached the edge of camp. They had not talked, or even walked together, since their initial meeting about a kilometer back. Anakin, though, could feel his anger beginning to subside. He hated to be at odds with Obi-Wan, after all, he was his best friend.
    Somewhere in the distance, Anakin suddenly thought he his name being cried out. At first, he turned and looked back at Obi-Wan, even though he knew that was not the source of the sound. His master only raised his brows in question. Suddenly, Anakin realized who it was. After his argument with Obi-Wan, he had forgotten all about Padme and how much he wanted to see her.
    Anakin ran toward the camp with all the energy he had left. In a few moments, he saw Padme emerge, also running at full speed.
    ?Hey there!? Anakin shouted, slowing down. Padme, however, continued to run straight for the Jedi. Once she reached him, she jumped on him, almost knocking him over. Anakin, again, was reminded of his injuries with Padme?s embrace, but for now he could ignore them.
    ?Hi,? Padme said, kissing Anakin on the lips.
    ?Thanks,? he sheepishly smiled.
    Padme grabbed his hand and together they walked into camp. Obi-Wan could not help but grin at R2 as they followed the couple.

Anakin?s face gleamed watching the fire dance in the dark before his eyes. His injuries had been attended to and he

8. Alpha_Ferdante

Alpha_Ferdante Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 1999
    Yeah! An update!

An excellent one as well. I like your how you cover all the angles in the story Crazy J.

9. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    ?There are only a few guards outside the ships.? Anakin blinked his eyes as they adjusted from the green light of his binoculars to the dark sky. ?But the scanner picked up a bunch of life forms, so there?s bound to be clones still on board.?
    Obi-Wan listened to his student?s information and passed it on in quiet signals to the group behind him.
    ?You lead the way, Anakin.? Obi-Wan motioned for everyone else to follow him.
    ?Okay,? Anakin responded with confidence. He glanced over the valley below that held the gigantic freighters that had brought destruction to Alderaan. This was it, he thought. Alderaan was either going to be saved or completely ruined in the coming hours. He could sense that something dark was coming, but he had no idea when or where it was going to occur.
    ?I know that something bad is going to happen,? Anakin whispered in a concerned tone to Padme. ?I?ll take you back to camp right now if you want.?
    ?No. I came to help, and that?s what I?m going to do. Don?t worry about me.? She gave Anakin?s hand a tight squeeze.
    ?Alright. Stay close, though.? Anakin waited for the other Jedi to surround the group. With their combined abilities, the Jedi were able to make themselves and those close to them, nearly invisible. Each group had about 10 Jedi with them, so they could employ this tactic.
    Every few moments Anakin and Obi-Wan would look at each other and steal a gaze at the queen and the others within the circle of Jedi. Although they could not see the other groups, both master and apprentice could easily sense the nervousness and tension that its members emitted. Even the normally stoic Jedi were not at ease, fully knowing this would decide the fate of Alderaan.
    ?I hate to start a conversation now, master, but the geographic readouts said the sea used to stretch to that basin where the ships are. What happened to it?? Anakin asked at a level that was near complete silence.
    With a strange look, Obi-Wan softly spoke back. ?Well, before the attack the people of Alderaan filled in some of the sea to have more room for expansion.?
    ?Hmm,? Anakin said and turned his attention back to the coming battle.

?The resolution has been passed, Bail. Help is on its way.? Ruik Milner seemed somewhat relieved that he had been able to aid his friend.
    ?Thank you. I will see you soon.? Bail Organa managed to squeeze out a smile as he ended the transmission. His eyes were bloodshot and ached, but it hurt even more to close them. The senator had not slept in two days, but he was not tired. Anxiety alone was enough to keep him up for the next year. Relief, however, was only hours away, by morning he would either be dead, or the leader of a triumphant people.
    ?Was that Senator Milner?? Owen Kenobi asked as he approached Organa.
    ?Yes. Republic troops will be here soon, which, hopefully, will not be too late.?

?I have what I wanted, Organa is of no more use. You may attack at your will, Commander Fett.? The hologram of Darth Sidious conveyed his familiar cackle with brilliance.
    ?Yes sir,? answered Fett. ?It will be my pleasure.? The Mandalorian ended the transmission and looked at the city they had shattered.
    ?Are we to begin the attack at once?? The cold, dark presence of Darth Omen emerged from the shadows.
    ?Yes, your master has given the order.? Boba Fett hated the fact that Sidious had sent his apprentice to Alderaan. He viewed Omen as a threat to his command. For now, though, they could get along because they had the same goal in mind.
    ?I want all troops pulled out of the city immediately,? Fett said, speaking into his wrist communicator. He was eager not only to defeat, but embarrass the Jedi. They were the people that prevented him from earning his living as a mercenary. They prevented him and his people from achieving power within the Republic. Fett longed for the day that all the Jedi would be conquered. Hopefully, he thought, the fall of the Jedi would begin now.

Owen Kenobi took a seat next to his wife. He wanted to feel safe, but his mind would never be ab

10. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Okay, now I'm at the edge of my keyboard!

UP!

11. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    ?Master, do you hear that?? Anakin Skywalker asked.
    Obi-Wan had just put away his communicator and he paused to listen for the answer to his Padawan?s question. It took a few moments for the Jedi to fully concentrate, but once he did, he could clearly make out the sound. It was a low hum, emanating from the city, some 20 kilometers away.
    ?What is it?? Anakin knew from his master?s silent expression that he had heard the sound.
    Without hesitation, Obi-Wan answered. ?It?s the soldiers in the city, they are firing up their transports.?
    Anakin gave a look of complete solitude. The other Jedi in the group began to look around as the realization of what was happening began to set in.
    ?They don?t know what we are doing though, that ought to give us some advantage.? Anakin was somewhat frightened, but he wanted to continue this mission.
    ?It might. There are still more than half the clone warriors on board those carriers, it might help some??
    ?But if the Mandalorians and other clones reach us first, we won?t stand a chance.? Anakin?s statement prompted Obi-Wan to come to a complete stop.
    ?Everyone listen to me,? he began. ?We have just discovered that the other warriors are no longer idle, and they will likely reach us in a short amount of time. If they get here before we can complete our mission, we will stand no chance. That is why we have to make this quick. If any of you want to leave now, then I understand, but you will be on your own. I came here to save Alderaan, and that?s what I?m going to do.?
    Padme approached the Jedi Knight and spoke up. ?That is what we are all here for, we are ready.? Obi-Wan and Anakin both smiled at the queen?s tenacity in such dangerous situations.
    Before they continued, Anakin grabbed Padme?s wrist and pulled her near. Without delay, he placed his lips on hers, enjoying one last, peaceful moment. ?Just wanted to kiss you before we got all dirty from fighting.?
    Padme laughed and wrapped her arms around Anakin. ?Let?s get moving before we get in trouble.?

Obi-Wan reached for his communicator to contact the other groups and make sure they knew what was happening, and were sticking to the plan. He knew that they would and conferring with them was a mere formality. The Jedi, however, was truly concerned about his brother and the senator. He hoped that they would be all right and make it safely to the set coordinates with no trouble.
    Once he had taken the time to talk with all the groups, Obi-Wan glanced at the basin below him. The ships were only about 700 meters away and the guards around them still did not sense the approaching attack. If everything went right, all the groups would begin their assaults at the same time. The hum of the transports carrying the already active clones and Mandalorians, however, was growing louder. This is going to be close, Obi-Wan thought, as he continued on his trek to the ships.

?They?re getting closer!? Owen Kenobi shouted as he watched the remaining Naboo soldiers stop following his speeder and engage the Mandalorians and clones. The speeder containing him, Captain Panaka, Beru, R2-D2, and Senator Organa struggled to remain a safe distance from the approaching army.
    Explosions and blaster fire lit up the night sky and brought back the horror of what had happened earlier in the day. Owen looked to Captain Panaka, who was driving the speeder, as if expecting him to wave his hand a magically make all this chaos disappear.

Bail Organa could hardly keep still while he watched the Naboo soldiers being struck down by the Mandalorians directly behind him. He closed his eyes in pain, wishing that his life could somehow be normal again. Just the sounds around him were deafening, to the point that he could not even here Owen or the Captain, who were seated directly in front of him. Even though there were only a few transports that carried the menacing warriors, they were much faster and larger than the speeder that the senator was on; and it was only a matter of time before he was caught.
    Most of the clones and Mandalorians remai

12. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    If there are any geology experts reading this story, I want to apologize if Anakin's plan of action has any glaring inaccuracies in it. It was something that I heard of in geology class last semester, and I thought it sounded cool, although I don't know if I'm exactly right about how it works. Anyway, I hope that everyone enjoys it and you'll know what I'm talking about once you read this part.

Noise began to flood its way onto the basin floor, signaling the close proximity of the approaching warriors. The clones standing guard of the carriers finally began to look around, wondering what was coming.
    ?This is gonna be close,? Anakin Skywalker said, pulling his lightsaber from his belt. ?Are you ready?? he asked his master, keeping his hand just above the igniter.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi nodded and signaled the others. Everyone grabbed their blasters, ready for the battle to come. They all knew as soon as the Jedi ignited their sabers, they would be noticed and the chaos would begin.
    ?Stay close,? Anakin whispered quickly in Padme?s ear. He quickly jerked away, twirled his lightsaber, and brought it to life.

?I can see them.? Owen Kenobi pointed ahead to the glimmers of various colors that he recognized as lightsaber blades.
    Captain Panaka acknowledged him and glanced back at the ever-approaching warriors. Blaster fire hit and ricocheted off the trees that surrounded the speeder. They were no more than 500 meters from the basin, and were approaching quickly. Panaka could not shake the feeling that they were only complicating the situation by drawing all of these clones and Mandalorians.
    It was challenging enough just to dodge the trees in the speeder, but now they faced the prospect of dodging blaster fire. Owen reached back with his hand and held on to Beru, trying in some way to console her already frail nerves.

?Watch your fire when we reach that basin,? Boba Fett commanded from a small speeder that contained he and Darth Omen. ?The space carriers are down there, and we do not need to damage them.?
    ?I can see some Jedi,? Omen wickedly chimed in. ?This is going to be a great victory, they stand no chance.?
    ?This day should mark the beginning of the new empire, and our true power shall soon be realized,? Fett replied in agreement.

Anakin dropped to his knees as he forced his lightsaber into the soft ground of the Alderaanian floor. Gradually, the hole he created began to widen as the heat of the lightsaber caused the dirt and soil to melt away. He tried to ignore the blasts that were scattered all about his group and focus only on his tasks. Anakin, however, continued to look up at the queen, making certain that she was okay.
    Padme could sense that Anakin was uneasy with her being in battle. Her safety, though, was not what she was concerned about. She stayed as close to the young Jedi as she could, firing her blaster back at the carrier guards in her best effort to protect Anakin from fire. The entire group had nearly enclosed him, trying to keep him safe.
    ?Whoa!? Anakin quickly sprung to his feet as a blast nicked his boot.
    ?Don?t be so jumpy, Padawan,? Obi-Wan immediately laughed.
    Anakin shook his head, and dug his lightsaber back into the ground. The blasts were now even coming from the rear of the small group as the remaining clones and Mandalorians made their way down to the basin. Anakin could not help but flinch every time he heard a blast deflect off a lightsaber; he hated being in such a defenseless position on the ground.
    Once the hole had widened enough from the heat of his blade, Anakin jumped in crater he had made and repeated the process. This time, though, he only let his lightsaber make a hole about twice the size of its diameter.
    ?Alright, I?m ready. How about the other groups?? Anakin shouted from the hole that covered him from waste-down.
    ?They appear to be. Go ahead and set the charges,? Obi-Wan yelled from above his young friend.
    Anakin turned off his lightsaber and nervously reached into his belt for the tiny, yet powerful explosives. They were o

13. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Woohoo! A new post.

I can't help you on the geology bit Crazy J, but I must say like I do like your attention to detail about it.

Thanks for keeping this story going.

14. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Sorry if this part seems a little anti-climatic, but I want to put more focus on the next fight, because I think this story is more about the struggles of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme, than saving Alderaan. I think I should be done with the whole thing by next week. I hope you enjoy it...

Anakin Skywalker stood still for a moment while he watched the speeder carrying his love disappear from sight. He turned to begin his mad dash back to his master and the others when something caught his eye. It was another speeder, chasing after Padme and the senator. Lost in the frightening realization, Anakin dropped his guard and lost his focus. Before he could begin to regain clear thought, an explosion went off right in front of him, sending him catapulting through the air.
    Anakin hit the ground hard, but he did not lose conscientiousness. He reached up and touched his head, trying to soothe the throbbing pains that attacked it. For the first time since he had sent Padme away, Anakin began to notice the battle that raged around him. The other groups of Jedi and soldiers had now joined his group. Anakin tried his hardest to get up, but his body would just not respond to his mind?s commands.
    Everything around him seemed to move in slow motion, like some sort of bad dream. Anakin watched in horror as he saw Alderaanian and Naboo soldiers being literally ripped apart by the Mandalorians. The Jedi were not faring much better. They were attacked from all angles by both clones and Mandalorians. Even though they were mighty warriors, they could not hold off the hordes of soldiers that surrounded them. Anakin spotted Obi-Wan valiantly fighting off each attack that met him, all the while shouting commands, trying to maintain some sort of order. His green blade slashed and gouged its way through the attacking soldiers before they could even encircle him.
    Dirt was tossed everywhere with each in-coming blast, making it more difficult to see what was going on. Anakin managed to roll over and catch a glimpse of the space carriers departing from the basin to parts unknown.
    When are those charges going to blow, he thought to himself. Anakin knew that he had told everyone to give them only a few minutes because the hordes of Mandalorians and clones would be on them in no time. He was so dizzy with his emotions; he had no idea how long it had been since he and the other groups set the explosives. Suddenly, the ground began to violently shake, causing shock in everyone in the battle to come to a near standstill.
    While his mind still wondered, Anakin knew exactly what was going on; the charges had finally blown. A violent sucking noise entered his ears, just before the water overtook his body in a strong rush. It was the strangest thing that Anakin could remember feeling, it was as if the ground had just melted away and been replaced in an instant by this strong up current of water.
    The cold shock of the emerging sea managed to awaken Anakin?s body and bring his mind into focus. With all his might, he pushed himself upward through the water to reach the surface and air again. When his head finally broke through, he let out a large gasp, filling his lungs with oxygen. Much to his delight, Anakin emerged to find mostly Jedi and a few scattered Alderaanian and Naboo soldiers with their heads bobbing on the surface. His plan had worked. He noticed many streams of bubbles rising and bursting on the water?s surface. Anakin could not help but laugh knowing these marked the feeble last breaths of the clones and Mandalorians.
    The young Jedi scanned the surface again and let out a yell of victory. ?Everyone get to shore! I think we did it!?
    Some gurgled cheers of excitement followed as the remaining victors made their way to land. Anakin smiled at the excitement and took a deep breath. He wanted to go back under to see the results of his plan for himself.
    It was hard to see under the murky water, but he could easily discern the white armor of the clones piled one on top of another. A few of the Mandalorians tried to ignit

15. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Thanks for the update.

I can picture that whole battle scene. You've depicted it well.

16. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
  17. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Well, this almost does it. The post after this one should finish the story. Hopefully, I'll finish it tomorrow or Thursday, because on Friday I'm leaving town for a couple of weeks. Here we go...

?I don?t know who it is, but they?re awfully close.? Bail Organa watched as a speeder rapidly approached from the rear. He could vaguely discern a couple of figures on board, but had no idea if they were friend or foe. Then, without warning, a shot rang out from the other speeder and shattered the ground just next to the senator?s vehicle.
    ?They?re definitely not friendly,? Padme shouted. She pulled out her small blaster and returned fire, hoping she could stop them. The blast, however, missed and their pursuers were not intimidated at all. They continued to speed up and gain on the queen and senator.
    R2-D2 let out a loud squeal when the other speeder grew close enough for him to recognize the figures. It was a Mandalorian and another large, dark warrior that his scanners did not recognize.
    ?Pull it over,? the Mandalorian commanded. ?Giving in is the only way to save your lives.?
    ?Do what he says,? Padme ordered to the senator.
    Organa reluctantly pulled back on the speeder?s controls, slowing the vehicle. ?I doubt he will kill us Padme, he?s a Mandalorian, just a greedy bounty hunter. He is likely to capture and sell us.?
    ?Just stay where you are, Bail.?
    ?Okay, but don?t try anything foolish.? Padme smiled at this remark from the senator.
    ?Step out.? The large, shadowy figure had arrived at their speeder first.
    Padme looked the dark creature in the face, never breaking eye contact as she slowly and carefully reached for her blaster. As soon as she felt the cold steel of the blaster?s grip, she quickly wrapped her finger and the trigger, and, in one smooth motion, had it aimed right at the creature?s face.
    The creature did not even looked phased by the sudden danger right in front of him, and before Padme could even utter a threatening word he had drawn a lightsaber and slashed the weapon from her hand. She was shocked at the quick reaction, and even more frightened to learn that this creature had a lightsaber. It was a Sith.
    ?Be careful what you do. You?re expendable, we?re only after the senator,? the creature hissed at Padme.
    If they only knew who I really was, she thought.
    ?What was that?? the creature inquired. ?Who you really are??
    Padme had a baffled look on her face, how did this thing know her thoughts?
    ?I think it would be best if you told us who you really are,? the Mandalorian said, approaching the speeder. ?If you are important, then we might not kill you.?
    ?She is my wife.? Bail Organa quickly placed his arm around Padme. At best, this would buy them some time. Organa knew that the Mandalorian would take them away immediately if he was to find that Padme was really the queen of a Republic planet. ?Just take me, she is worth nothing.?
    The Mandalorian and Sith stared at each other for a moment. ?No, I think you shall appreciate your capture even more if your wife is to join you,? the Sith laughed. With one hand, he reached into the speeder and pulled Padme from her seat to the ground. She tried to remain clam, but inside she screamed for Anakin to find her.

Anakin Skywalker ran as fast as his tired legs would carry him. The long blades of grass whipped across his shins and stung his flesh, but he did not care. He could feel that Padme was close and he knew he had to find her soon. Even though he was in a rush, all of Anakin?s senses were attuned to finding his love.
    Slowly, the sounds of struggling began to filter into the back of his mind. Soon, the sounds became visuals as the small image of the queen, the senator, and their aggressors registered into his eyes. Anakin abruptly came to a stop and under some brush and trees to contemplate his attack.
    ?Well, what do you think?? Anakin was met by the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi, who ducked just behind him.
    ?I don?t know. I think there are only two of them,? he answered, squinting ahead at Padme.
    ?Yeah, but look closer.

18. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    Anakin Skywalker nervously fidgeted with the collar of his Jedi robes. He could not believe what was about to happen. He could not believe that he had asked her. It seemed so right at the time, and it still did, but Anakin never expected this kind of response. When he thought of being able to see Padme?s smiling face everyday, his anxiousness was put to rest.
    ?Well, this is it, Padawan,? Obi-Wan laughed, entering Anakin?s room.
    ?I guess so,? the young Jedi breathed nervously. Anakin was glad that his master was here with him. Although it was rare for a Jedi to marry, the Council allowed it. As long as the student managed to keep his emotions in check, marriage actually helped form a strong bond to the Force. It allowed you to rely on another, give them your trust, and helped rid one of selfishness.
    Anakin smiled and rubbed his right shoulder. ?I?m still not quite use to this thing. It feels weird.? The Council had also granted Anakin permission to be fitted with a robotic arm for the wedding. It was more for cosmetic reasons than anything else. Anakin didn?t wanted thousands of Naboo watching him stand, waiting for the queen, all the while wondering what happened to him.
    ?Don?t worry about it too much. After all, it?s only temporary.? Obi-Wan reached out and shook his Padawan?s right hand, just to see if the arm worked. Anakin obliged him and returned the greeting. ?It seems like that one works good, anyway,? Obi-Wan finished.
    ?Yeah, well, I still want a biological one,? Anakin laughed. Both men paused for a moment, listening to the noise that came from outside Anakin?s room.
    ?I think the Naboo are ready for you.? Obi-Wan placed his arm around his student?s shoulders and began to walk him toward the exit.
    ?I just didn?t expect so many.? Anakin could feel his heart to begin to pound as his master opened the door to Theed City?s main plaza.
    The crowd cheered at the appearance of the two Jedi. Over all the noise, Obi-Wan turned to his Padawan. ?I?m proud of you, Anakin,? he whispered.
    Anakin gave no response, just a polite smile. He was so amazed that he had made it here. This was truly a glorious day.

A giant grin spread its way across Queen Amidala?s face as she began to approach her love approach from the end of the plaza. She was excited to see that so many people had turned out and seemed pleased that Anakin was the one she had chosen. The queen felt kind of strange having to be clothed in all her royal regalia. She was covered in a flowing white gown and jewels that sparked about her neck. Anakin loved her as Padme, but the crowd wanted the queen. This was all a matter of formality, though; Anakin would have her as Padme soon enough.

Anakin laughed as the crowd roared for the queen. She was so beautiful. Even from far away, he could feel her warmth, he knew how much she loved and cared for her people, and the feeling was obviously mutual.
    ?I?m going to marry her!? Anakin beamed at his master. He couldn?t help himself. Obi-Wan just laughed at his apprentice.
    Everything around seemed to radiate, absorbing the sun?s heat and basking the city in light. It was the time of day when the natural rays painted everything in a golden yellow. Anakin reminisced to the last time he stood in this same place nearly 10 years ago. Everything was perfect, they had just won a battle and the Republic was on the verge of an exciting new era. Anakin felt much the same way now.

Padme smiled at her soon-to-be-husband as she climbed the stairs toward him. She was almost there. This boy she had met 10 years ago was about to be hers. She couldn?t have imagined then that they would be married, but there had always been something about him. From the moment he had asked if she was an angel, she knew that somehow he would always be in her life. It just felt right to be around him, and now she would have that feeling forever.

When the queen had reached the last step, Anakin extended his hand and pulled her toward him.
    ?Hi there.? Anakin kissed her hand.
    ?Hi.? The queen took her place next to the

19. Crazy J

Oct 25, 1999
    All right, that does it. Thanks to everyone who stuck with it and finished reading it. I want to give a big thanks to Alpha_Ferdante, I really appreciated your constant comments and compliments, even though you might have been the only reading in the end. Well, I had a lot of fun writing this thing and I hope that everyone enjoyed it!

20. Alpha_Ferdante

May 28, 1999
    Bravo Crazy J!

Thank you so much for sharing this story on the forum.

I have enjoyed reading it a lot.

MTFBWYA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.