main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ohio Empire Striked Cleveland--SW inspired rock concert

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jade-Walker, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Just got this flier link and had to post it here:

Empire Strikes Cleveland

This is being put on by a guy from the Ohio SW Collector's Club who is also in the 501st and in one of the bands. There are going to be some of us 501st and RL people that will be "staffing" it. Sounds like a blast! :D

If you can make it, I would highly suggest you go. ;)

2. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    You all missed a great time!

We suited up and were ready long before the doors opened. The bands played a variety of alternative, punk, and ska styles that were quite enjoyable. The featured band was the Underground Network -- the lead singer being the coordinator of the event and a member of the Ohio Star Wars Collector's Club

We had a good showing of costumed volunteers from the Jedi Knights of Cleveland, Black Swamp Squadron (well, me ), the Ohio Garrison of the 501st and the Bloodfin Garrison of the 501st, as well as the Rebel Legion.

In addition, there was gaming in the upstairs of the event (of which I didn't participate since I really suck at video games). And in the main level, there were vendors selling their Star Wars wares as well as a table for the Ohio Star Wars Collector's Club.

You can check out photos here:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sl_5233/album?.dir=10aa&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

3. Darth-Shul

Darth-Shul Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2005
    Could you tell me a little about the collectors club? I really have a ton of 12" figures in boxes from the original 12 (1977 vintages) to most all made. I think I could bring some smiles around. Also, I need a reason other than halloween to wear my authentic jedi outfit. Most doctor's like my star wars ties but I think my tunic and robe may frighten some. Especially those from the middle east.

4. Jade-Walker

Nov 21, 2002
    LOL!
    I just joined the collector's club myself. I don't know too much about it yet. Unfortunately, there isn't much around here for meetings yet. If you go to the home page of the link I gave, then to the Northwest link, that would be the person to contact.
    From what I hear about your collection, you'd fit right in. ;)

As far as costuming goes, the Rebel Legion would be the place to go. I love costuming and I know that there are also groups up in MI as well as some people I just met in Fort Wayne. I can hook you up. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.