main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire Strikes Back and Matching With The PT

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Agreed. ANH has to take the time to introduce the new characters (Luke, Leia, Han) before jumping back into the Saga storyline with Empire. When Luke surrenders himself to Vader on Endor and he is taken before the Emperor the OT and PT have become one. Everything has now come together, all the peices are in place and the story will be finished.

2. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    That's true,he flat out lied, but then Luke probably wouldn't have trusted Obi-Wan if he had told him what had reallyhappened to Anakin and if Obi had admitted his part in it.

3. Commander_Bly05

Commander_Bly05 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 3, 2005
    I agree that after watching TESB, and even ROTJ, the PT matches pretty well with the OT.

Still, ANH is an excellent bridge for connecting both stories and the set up tells you that things were told or putted in a "certain point of view", or a different way, in order to not spoil the truth to the newer characters, although the viewer really knows the true story after watching the PT.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Yeah I really agree with the AOTC/ANH and ROTS/ESB thing. When I first saw Anakin in the Jedi Starfighter, it was just like when I first saw Luke on the Tauntaun. It just feels more continuous in how it takes you back so many years to when you watched the previous movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.