main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Empire Strikes Back fan edit

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Doneeta, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I recently saw a fan edit of The Empire Strikes Back Special Edition that I found interesting. Here are a list of changes the editor made...

1. Luke & Leia?s incestuous smooch has been removed. Sorry, but it has crawled up my last nerve to watch this shot ever since 1983 revealed their true relationship.
    2. OT line ?You?re lucky you don?t taste very good? has been restored.
    3. The new Emperor scene has been re-edited to remove any new dialogue. Ian McDiramid?s voice and visage is still used, but he delivers only the original dialogue. Only one innocuous word (?Young Skywalker? vs ?Luke Skywalker?) is different due to limitations in the source material.
    4. Boba Fett?s original voice is restored.
    5. OT line ?Bring My Shuttle? and surrounding music cues have been restored.
    6. Shot of Vader walking to his shuttle has been removed.
    7. Shot of Shuttle flying to the Executor remains intact.
    8. Shot of Shuttle landing in the hangar has been removed. (This was a re-used shot from Return of the Jedi anyway, complete with Moff Jerjerod waiting for Vader).

I personally don't care about the kiss. However, it was well edited in his version.

The New emporer footage with the old dialogue is great, I prefer this change.

I like Jango's voice as Boba Fett's I mean he is a clone of Jango, he would sound just like him. So this change I'd prefer not to have.

Everyone know that the new shuttle sequence was one of the few Special edition changes I didnt like. That sequence of Luke being rescued from under the city is so tightly edited and flows so nicely in the OT that the shuttle sequence was jarring. It is now much better with just the shot of the shuttle heading to the Executor and the removal of the non-James Earl Jones voice.

You can check it out Here. Remember fan edits are completely legal as long as you own the orginal film on DVD.

2. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    that does sound interesting. part of me wants to watch the most recent and up-to-date versions of the movies, just because they are what GL wants us to see, but at the same time I'm selfish and want to watch the star wars of my childhood. I've only ever felt that one line should be removed from the trilogy though, and that's in episode one when jar jar yells 'weesa goin home!'

that line just annoys me. its completely unnecessary.

anyhow, it is always interesting to see what fans do to the movies when they have the time.

Did anyone else read that blog about how star wars fans hate star wars?

3. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    I did, what a load of (censor), maybe that fan hates Star Wars but I don't. I think he was trying to justify something to himself.

4. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    oh I agree, but I think it made some good points about how fans can get all bitter and hate certain aspects of what they love. I mean I'm pretty sure I love star wars :p

5. Axia_Doneeta

Jun 8, 2005
    Oh yeah there are definitely jaded Star Wars fans out there who refuse to enjoy any of the new stuff. Too bad for them.

6. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    I agree it is there own fault. Because Star Wars is good....no matter what.