* * Empire Strikes Back Online Line Event * * Full Spoiler at WotC Site

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by Jedi_Benji, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Agh, i havent seen that Vader Yet, Can someone Scan one, or at least post stats etc?
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    One Vader, hold the mayo

[image=http://home.cfl.rr.com/mawshipyards/Pics/ESB_Prev_Vader.jpg]
  3. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm, Something Just Clicked after seeing that card...

What a New Ability is Disrupt Where you can Tap, and the battle card has not effect?

Just a Thought ;)
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure if that will be a new ability, or something just unique to Vader. That would be great though, especially because one guy I play against has a crap load of battle cards in his deck.

And that bring me to a question about abilities like that. Can you use it when he attacks or retreats? It just says you have to tap him, which you do when he's attacking, and it doesn't say 'play only when he would blah blah'. Granted, it wouldn't do much good unless your opponent plays a battle card at the same time, but what about something like Forwars Command Center (tap-add 5 power to any of you ground units)?
  5. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    You would Have to be able to play it anytime, otherwise it would be pretty useless.

If this IS the new ability, im gunna gay goodbye to the Unfriendly Fire Days :( :p
  6. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    TCG Spoilers!!
    I found this while surfing this morning...

"The Empire Strikes Back TCG includes two new card mechanics:

Armor: Units with Armor are more durable that their unarmed foes. They can only be hit when your opponent rolls a 5 or higher on their attack roll.

Enhance: Many cards (mostly Battle cards) have an "Enhance" cost in addition to their normal cost. If you can afford to pay the Enhance cost you get a much larger effect!"

7. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!!! I can't wait for that first one. That sounds way too cool. Do I sense Imperial Walkers on the horizon??? ;)
  8. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Do I sense Imperial Walkers on the horizon???

lol, So Armour sorta counters accurecy then I spose.

Bah, Do we have to Black it out?

9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what it looks like. I imagine any unit with this ability will cost quite a bit to build though.
  10. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wasn't sure if we needed to black it out or not. Is there anyone who is opposed to knowing spoilers about upcoming expansions?

Baca, what do you think?
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    It would save me precious seconds need to highlight the text, so I'm not opposed :)

<---- Lazy college student
  12. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks for checking but there is no need to black spoilers out. No one should come in here if they do not want to see it.
  13. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool, and thanks for Editing the Title :D

Im wondering if you could get more then Armour 1, I was thinking some units like the SSD and At At's would have a few armour, to stop attacks from infantry, adding to the 'feel' of the game ;)
  14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    So would armor then subtract one from your attack die?? Would that make something Armor 3 nearly impossible to destroy?
  15. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    So would armor then subtract one from your attack die?? Would that make something Armor 3 nearly impossible to destroy?

Nearly Impossible, accurecy would be the big one here. I Say its as balanced as Accurecy.

I think i might enjoy this new set :D
  16. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder how big this set is going to be? Will they include Hoth, Dagobah, and Cloud City themes, or just do a huge conglomeration to begin and then smaller sets later?

I really didn't like that about CCG. They had so many sets that it became tough to decide what cards to use. Too convoluted. IMHO anyway :)
  17. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder how big this set is going to be? Will they include Hoth, Dagobah, and Cloud City themes, or just do a huge conglomeration to begin and then smaller sets later?

Hmm, I Say They'll Have Mostly Hoth, maybe a few CC and Dag Cards, but I Think they'll Cover Them in Other Sets, Maybe Release a Jedi Masters Set (with Dagobah) and A Cloud City Set. :D ;)

I really didn't like that about CCG. They had so many sets that it became tough to decide what cards to use. Too convoluted. IMHO anyway

Yea, and the Different Sets didnt Really Mix, As Objectives for one Set relied on a Perticular Bunch of Cards. I Hope that Made Sense :p if not heres an EG: :)

In the CCG Endor Pack there werent too Many Cards you Could Throw into a Hoth Shield Gen Set. And Even if you Did it would be at a Disadvantage, as Most cards had a -2 Build if Deployed on [Planets Name]

However i Must Say it was actually better when relating it to Star Wars, i Hope Wizards Can Learn What Went well with the CCG, and Fix their Mistakes :)
  18. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    However i Must Say it was actually better when relating it to Star Wars, i Hope Wizards Can Learn What Went well with the CCG, and Fix their Mistakes

I'll agree with that. It's always hilarious watching my opponent using Scout Troopers against my Endor deck :p
  19. Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Knight

star 3
    I want those armor cards so I can make my weakest characters stronger.
  20. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know how they would make a weak character stronger, unless they were used in a battle card, which you could apply to anything. But characters have evade, so I don't see them applying it to the character arena. That's just me though. I think it'll be more of a ground/Space (capital ship) thing.
  21. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know how they would make a weak character stronger, unless they were used in a battle card, which you could apply to anything. But characters have evade, so I don't see them applying it to the character arena. That's just me though. I think it'll be more of a ground/Space (capital ship) thing.

Im Sure They'll Bring out a Battle Card, It is pretty Close to Accurecy, so i Say it Will Have Similar Costs. :)

Im Starting to Wonder, Which would be more useful, Armour or Accurecy? :confused:

I say it would depend on the Health of Your Unit, The Less Health, The more Armour would Help, IMO ;) :)
  22. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess it depends on how close they want to stick to canon. I just said I don't think it will be applied to characters because SW body armor is notorious for not being strong. Most of it is only good against glancing shots, which I would attribue to evade. Oh well, it would be interesting to throw some armor on a battle droid and watch it kick Mace's butt! ;)
  23. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess it depends on how close they want to stick to canon. I just said I don't think it will be applied to characters because SW body armor is notorious for not being strong. Most of it is only good against glancing shots, which I would attribue to evade. Oh well, it would be interesting to throw some armor on a battle droid and watch it kick Mace's butt!

Yea, I Agree, i Think The only Units With Armour would Be AT-AT's, Which Will prob have 2, At-St's, Star Destroyers, The Executer (with like 3 i'd Say ;) ) and Maybe Some More Capital Star Ships. :D :)

Im also Gunna Say Maybe A Version of Vader with Armour, Just to Beef Him Up a Bit.

On another Note i would Love to See a Card in ESB Which Allows Duels in the Charactor Arena. Like:

Add Each Unit in the Charactor Arena's Health and Power Together. Find the Highest for each Side. If it is A Tie, It is the Players Choice. Tap and Retreat The Other Units. After the Battle Phase has Finished, Redeploy and Untap All Charactors in the Build Zone.

I Hope that Makes Sense :p ;)
  24. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Dueling would be awesome! But if you think about it, with enough Force we can already duel...

Vader attacks Mace, Mace evades
    Mace deflects back at Vader, Vader evades
    Vader retaliates, Mace deflects
    DS runs out of Force and Mace wins :D

For armor I pretty much agree:
    AT-AT's
    AT-ST's
    Capital ships
    Maybe a Fett and Vader
    Perhaps stormtroopers would have an armor of 1
    I was also thinking about buildings
    They could even go as far as giving some Y-Wings armor, as they are supposed to be tougher.
  25. TC517 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's possible that a "Luke's Snowpeeder" could have armor. Snowpeeders don't have shields (at least according to EU sources) so to boost it's usability, armor would not be out of the question.

As for snow speeders, what could be used to represent tow cables? How does a speeder take down an AT-AT with armor?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.