* * Empire Strikes Back Online Line Event * * Full Spoiler at WotC Site

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by Jedi_Benji, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe they would have a higher accuracy if going against a walker???
  2. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    As for snow speeders, what could be used to represent tow cables? How does a speeder take down an AT-AT with armor?

Im Guessing Some Battle Cards, Something like Blow This Thing ;)

Maybe they would have a higher accuracy if going against a walker???

Possible, maybe a 3 Accurecy Card?
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I really want to see the shield generator. Will it be a battle car, or unit card, hmmmmmm...

Battle: add armor 2 to all of your units in the ground arena.

Unit: [tap] All of your units in the ground arena get armor +2 for the remaining battle

-or-

[tap] your units may not be bombarded this turn

BTW, why don't they have the +1 text on anything? Like Commader Willard. He only give shields 1 to starfighters. I think it would be better if he also added 1 to shields, that way ships like Red 2 could also take advantage.
  4. Darth_Benji Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmm, Shild Gen Eh?

Maybe:

Shield Generator
    Rebel Fortification

All Your Ground Units get +1 Shields.
    As Long as This Unit is In Play All Space Units Are Always Tapped

What Ya think?

BTW, Sorry Bout the Sock :p ;)
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm, I don't know about them being tapped thoough because they should still be able to attack each other.

I was also thinking that the lightside would still be able to bombard because they can raise and lower the shield at anytime. Wow, this could be an interesting card! I hope Wizards is watching this thread ;)
  6. Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Knight

star 3
    I still don't understand why they put Mara Jade in the Empire Strikes Back set.
  7. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it was the fans decision and that's who they picked. I'm not positive though :)
  8. Darth_Benji Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yea it Was the Fans Decision... I Personally Voted for Piet :p

I Dont Think we Should Leave Light Cards Untapped, or else it would unbalance an arena. :)

I Like the Idea of Stalling an Arena Though :D ;) :p
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Piett isn't going to be in this set? That seems ...well... STUPID! Besides, he's an awesome character.
  10. Darth_Benji Jedi Knight

star 1
    I Think He Will Be in the Set, Just That we Wont Make him, Vader Was also a Choice, Yet We Know He'll be In It. :) :D

Or At Least we Hope he'll be in it ;) :p
  11. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I hope he isn't. That would make my preview card that much more valuable and blasty cool!! ;)
  12. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually, I hope he isn't. That would make my preview card that much more valuable and blasty cool!!

Not Gunna Happen, sorry :p

I Hope we get some good Location Cards, Wonder what they'll be like?
  13. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've been thinking about that.

Idea 1: They would be sub arenas where possibly only related units (you can't have Mual at a Hoth location) would battle.

Idea 2: They would change the attribute of an arean, like an asteroid location would nulify all evade and reduce everyone's speed by some number.

Idea 3: They would be a seperate part of the game board where you could stack cards to bring into play later.

I like my second idea the best. :)
  14. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I Personally Think It Would be Like a Free Power Boost eg:

Senate: All Senators (yours and Your Oppinants) Gets +20 Speed and +2 Power

And then Someone else Can Deploy Another Location, Which Overrides this one.

Just a Thought :p ;)
  15. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's kinda like a more more borken down version of my number 2. I like it! :)

They could do all kinds of things, like have the Cantina and have all neutrals get +2 power or something.
  16. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I Dont Think a Cantina will Come, Its ESB ;)
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, good call! *smacks forehead* But we are getting Mara...

Ok, given what we kinda think locations are going to do, what locations do you think there would be??

Cloud City to augment neutrals or perhaps Sith Lords

Hoth Shield Generator to augment Rebels

Executor Main Bridge to augment Imperials

Massive strategy idea...
    If the locations are possibly sub-arenas like I mentioned above, then they could create the Hoth energy markers and you must control each marker before moving on to the next, like a side game. hmmmmm, sounds like it would get a little too comlicated though. Perhaps there will be mission cards for each marker. One could be 'In order to control the ground arena, no Shield Generator must be on table' then you have to complete each mission 'marker' card before you can attack the generator?? Oh man, my head hurts...
  18. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, given what we kinda think locations are going to do, what locations do you think there would be??

Well Definietly a Hoth Defence Perimeter, maybe a dark and light version of each, +2 power to empire and Rebels Respectively.

Maybe an Astroids card with +10 speed for deploying player or something.

Possibly multiple Hoth Cards, I Think CC will Be Saved :D ;)
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking that asteroids would have a negative effect, but possibly give a bonus to the Falcon. And let's not forget Dagobah!

Dark Cave: +20 power to all Sith and each may attack units in opponents build zone.
  20. Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Knight

star 3
    Actually,what I meant was that I didn't understand why she wasn't going to be in The Jedi Gaurdians set.It seems that her character would fit better in there.
  21. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I think they just didn't have her ready by that time, but I know what you mean.
  22. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually,what I meant was that I didn't understand why she wasn't going to be in The Jedi Gaurdians set.It seems that her character would fit better in there.

And Also 2 Other Reasons:

1. We Were Initially designing an ESB Card
    2. Shes Post OT, So Why have her in a PT set?
  23. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I find it odd though that they would put her on the list to be chosen from for this set. I guess they are either playing off her popularity, or maybe thinking that she began her training with the Emperor during the ESB timeline?? That is when they discovered Luke was powerful and Vader was too busy to go around doing all of the Emperor's bidding.
  24. russelguppy Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello newbie to this board here, I normally post in the Literature but felt it was time to spread my wings. I personally can't wait for this new set, do we know how many cards it has, is there a list available yet, how about a release date?
  25. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just know it's supposed to be release in November. I don't know if it will be like an Expansion and have 90 cards, or a full set of 180. I'm leaning towards the full set like ANH and AOTC were.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.