main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire UnCut

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Darklord49, Sep 19, 2012.

?

Which Empire UnCut Scene should we do?

1. Scene #1 C-3PO on Chewie's Back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Scene #2 Chewie chokes Lando

85.7%
  3. Scene #3 Falcon Escapes Hoth Base

28.6%
  4. Scene #4 Apologies Accepted Captain Needa

42.9%
  5. Scene #5 Han just put in Carbonite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    The latest from this project is a trailer and that they're cutting off the option to claim a scene on May 1st.
    Alas, we didn't make the trailer, but it still looks cool.

Grimby likes this.
  2. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Any news?

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Any news?

4. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    This is on their site: "Thank you for participating! The film is now in production. The Force is with all of us."

Site is: http://www.starwarsuncut.com/empire

They've been featuring clips on their Twitter, FB page and Tumblr page: http://starwarsuncut.tumblr.com/

No date set/announced for the final project, though.

5. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I know everybody's been clamoring for an update for this video that we submitted...a year and a half ago. Here's an email I got from them today:

Hi Uncut family!

We've gotten so many awesome emails with excited questions about where the heck we are with Empire Uncut. We desperately owe you an update!

Where have you been? What’s happening??
    I had to take a break to work on my other passion that I started a couple years ago: VHX. VHX is growing and it’s very exciting, but I’ve been neglecting Uncut and its fans. I miss you guys.
    We had so many submissions for Empire Uncut: 1,569 to be exact. That’s almost twice as many as A New Hope Uncut. That’s over 6.5 hours of video created in just a few months. Crazy!
    In order to make a final cut of the movie we wanted to make sure that we watched every. single. submission. Instead of having just one person pick their favorite, we decided to pull together 20+ judges who come from all sorts of mixed media backgrounds to help vote for the scenes. The votes have been cast and now we’re editing.

But when is it all gonna be ready?
    We’re hoping it will be all ready by the end of the summer. We will be sprinkling in teaser stuff over the course of the next few months. We all know how auspicious May is for Star Wars fans…

What about the scenes that didn’t make the cut?
    This part puts tears in our eyes. Every submission is brimming with creativity, humor, and love. We thought long and hard and finally came up with an idea for this iteration of Uncut that we think will be an amazing way to highlight all the submissions. The idea is still being fully formed, but we’ll talk more about it in the following weeks. We are so excited to continue to make Star Wars Uncut even more interactive and fan-driven.
    Thank you again for all of your patience. Get excited! And get in touch if you have more questions!

In dog Wookiees we trust,
    Casey & the Uncut team

6. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    That was SO long ago. All I remember is having my ear to the door that I was guarding forEVER. Then finally I got curious and opened the door during the best take.

7. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Looks like the force wasn't with us. They released the Empire Uncut on SW.com's YouTube channel and we didn't make it in. Alas. We should have been at about the one hour and 22 minute mark.

I'm still very proud of what we did, how well we worked together and that we pulled off our scene! Good times and thanks again to all who were involved for your time, creativity and efforts!

corran_r9 likes this.
  8. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Wow, all that time and beaten by a crappy cartoon? But I was in the trailer!

FanForced likes this.
  9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'm boycotting RTOJ Uncut!
    Hmmph!

10. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Perhaps we should make our own Star Wars THS Uncut - you know someone has to be first.

11. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

8-}