main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Empire vs. Rebellion (ver 2.1) Back where it belongs!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand Moff Jerjerrod, Nov 25, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainArdiff

CaptainArdiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 1999
    Ah, the poor Empire, ever condemned to be portrayed as psychopathically cruel by the Rebellion. They probably could have won if it weren't for the authors...teeheehee - so little sense does that seem to make!

2. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    Just a few more posts! Get out of it, Wedge, you can't do any more good back there! Keep at it, chaps!

3. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    Just a few more posts! Get out of it, Wedge, you can't do any more good back there! Keep at it, chaps!

4. warlord zarac

warlord zarac Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 1999
    We are nearly at the 500 mark so I'll help it along a little more.

Still Empire !

5. warlord zarac

Dec 5, 1999
    d'oh !

[This message has been edited by warlord zarac (edited 01-27-2000).]

6. warlord zarac

Dec 5, 1999
    arrrrgggghhhhh !

7. warlord zarac

Dec 5, 1999
    blasted rebel saboteurs !

8. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Okay, anybody there who wants to argue about the Empire, uniforms and/or hormones?

Hormones?

9. Jedi Fig-Jo CrCag

Jedi Fig-Jo CrCag Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2000
    I think the emperor ruled empire was always doomed to fail because of the anti non-human policy. Whenever you have a government in power that only cares about one species and not the hundreds maybe thousands of other races, that government will force rebellion. Thrawn on the other hand just wanted everyone to follow the law. Being that he was non-human he realized that the empire could only be as strong as the soldiers under his command. Im not sure if he could fit a T'wielk under a stormtroopers helmet but he understood that in order to rule the galaxy he would need to have cooperation from all the races. Unfortunately Thrawn didn't count on the Jedi. Sure he took precautions using the ysalrmi? but he "underestimated the power of the force"

The Rebellion is doomed to fail because it will go thru the same cycle that brought the emperor into power before. With the Bothans looking for power and other species taking up on their cue, greed will be the beggining of the end. And dare i say a new Lord of the Sith will arise.

My prediction. Anakin Solo will turn to the dark side and become the new Vader.

10. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    I posted the 503rd post! (502ns reply!)

Not as good as 500 but close enough!

-Thanos6,
    OMBB&B and VSoSS

11. keiran_helcyan

keiran_helcyan Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 1999
    man this thread will never die. Not that that's a bad thing.

12. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Mitt: Hormones, well... I had this discussion with Santee Ordrin a few pages earlier...

13. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    Yeah and it was gettin totally outa control!

Still sometimes we do stay somewhat on the points made, but it has started to just rehash the same arguments and counterarguments put forth by both sides. Both sides see each others points, and feel that somewhat questions have not been answered fully. Either that or we tend to rule out points that we don't feel are pertinent for some odd reason. Though we do keep are voices down to a dull roar.

14. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2000
  15. annikinstarkiller

annikinstarkiller Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jul 16, 1999
    500+, congratulations are in order GM Jerjerrod.

But seriously, the Empire will be the better form of government and triumph in the galaxy. It is only a matter of time. The empier of the Emperor was one of the, if not the worst example of what the Empire could be. The Empire has shown that it can grow and change for the better.

The rebellion turned into a human-hating, jedi-hating, alien squabbling commitee. It has changed just as much as the empire, except it has changed for the worst.

Since the Empire is capable of positive change, it will not fall victum to the new rebellions that will shortly plague the NR.

My vote is still for the Empire.

16. Grand Admiral Kadaan

Grand Admiral Kadaan Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 1999
    Well, congratulations on making five hundred, especially without my help for the last seven pages or so. I'm sorry for not posting for about three months, and I'm sure some Rebels thought I was dead or something, but I have some breaking news: I live.
    In any case, it looks like even to the 500th page this forum is still suffering from the lack of new conversations and the repeating arguments, as always. Therefore, something must be said to instill a new conversation.

I've been thinking about this a while, and what would you think about this scenario about the New Jedi Order Series. Let's say that this war between the YV and NR lasts for perhaps about the same amount of novels that it took the wretched NR to defeat the glorious Empire. However, this time LucasArts tries something total unpredictable, and things take a turn for the worse. Instead of the NR defeating the YV by pure chance and author sympathies, the NR actually loses. Let's say they evacuate the entire galaxy and take a lesson from the YV, learning how to actually LEAVE the galaxy instead of staying trapped in there until all the stars go supernova. That can be explained as to how humans got to our galaxy, and perhaps the YV could eventually try to conquer our galaxy over as well, but this time with the NR/Empire holding their grounds with an arsenal of weapons of mass destruction, and perhaps in this fashion the NR can defeat the YV in a glorious battle at the Rim of our Milky Way. Then maybe the NR has to try to retake their own galaxy. This scenario, though a little thin, can actually give us many battles to look over that are actually larger than those at Endor.

GAK

17. Moff Tim

Moff Tim Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 1999
  18. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    Goodness gracious me! Where has this thread been hiding? I thought Hathor said she was going to archive it - wait, she asked if she should and got n reply - bygones.

Hey, it's a while since the whole E.v.R. thing last had any people talking - anybody think of aught to ask or claim now?

MTFBWY

[This message has been edited by CaptainArdiff (edited 02-22-2000).]

19. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    I vote for the rebel alliance. The alliance has leaders. Who is in charge of the empire? The Emperor, Vader, and Grand Admiral Thrawn are dead. Long live the alliance!

20. CaptainArdiff

Nov 26, 1999
    I think I'll just gratuitously bump this up a bit more without saying aught...hoorah!

MTFBWY

Ardiff out

21. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Question for those that support the Empire:

If an Empire like government appeared on Earth,would you support it?

Do you people really support the ideals and dreams the Empire is built on?

Slavery?

Rule through fear of force?

Racism?(aliens in Star Wars,other nationaltie here on Earth)

Following the edicts and Laws set forth by ONE MAN,who's power is unchecked,and unmatched by any in the government?

Following a government who institutes brain washing for the young(COMPNOR Commission for the Presevation of the New Order does this I believe it is stated in one of the Source Books.)?

A government who supports an Inquisitorious a group that is allowed to interrogate members of the Empire ruthlessly,visciously,violently,and without mercy?

A government that supports COMPNOR a group that is ALSO allowed to issue random loyalty tests?

A government that will subjugate without mercy other races,just to advance their own goals,regardless of what effect this might have on this races society?(Thrawn is guilty of this to.)

A government that would destroy one of it's OWN member states even if some citizens of that state weren't guilty(you can't claim everyone on Alderaan was guilty of treasonous acts or thoughts)of treason.It's like saying a 1,000 people in California are forming an underground,so were going to launch a Nuke and eradicate everyone just to be on the safe side.

So you would actually support this sort of government?

Or is this just a sort of role playing you guys enjoy here?

Cause I really don't know how anyone can support an Imperial type government..........

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    EMPIRE ALL THE WAY!!!!

Give me credit....I went through all 26 pages to read this and yes Im insane to do something like that.

23. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    You are! I didn't know this thread still lived!

24. HellSpit

HellSpit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2000
    IF Thrawn ruled from the begging there never would have been a rebellion(think about the loyalty he could inspire man would love to meet the man if he existed{not that he doesnt in my head :) } but really he was a man of order and he was not unfair

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.